Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

3 posters

Together, we're going to rule the world. (Daylight Shadow / Dream Rationally / Danny)

Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Together, we're going to rule the world. (Daylight Shadow / Dream Rationally / Danny) - Page 3 Empty Together, we're going to rule the world. (Daylight Shadow / Dream Rationally / Danny)

Post by Dream Rationally Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Setting

Wars have come and gone. They have ravaged lands, destroyed cities, and ended the lives of thousands. However no war has ever come to match the ferocity of the war that began less than half a century ago. In a time where humans live among not-so-human beings, there was very little trouble. Such creatures as Vampires, Incubi, and Succubae are scarce therefore they go unnoticed by the majority of the populace.
    Despite all of this, the inquisition of Angels decided that having such vile creatures living among those that they were sworn to protect was unacceptable.
    Dark creatures became the target of hunters who sought to rid the world of all heathens. As such every creature was forced to either band together with others, in order to fight back, or fight for survival on their own.

You are one such creature; considered a threat to humanity. Like many you attempt to distance yourself from the violence by traveling but with our numbers diminishing, the hunters are closing in.
    While you are in the middle of one of your travels, you are ambushed by a clan of hunters. Despite having powerful abilities at your disposal, you can't fully control them yet. For that reason you are no match for creatures that are versed in the way of combat and have been killing your kind for generations now.
    Suddenly a figure appears and takes a stand against said hunters, helping you defeat them.

Once the dust has settled you are given a choice. Continue alone on your journey or follow behind this man and learn how to master your abilities.
    Which will it be?

Beginning: Just as the attack begins.

**Note: My settings suck. Please excuse the general crappiness of it.**

Last edited by Dream Rationally on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Together, we're going to rule the world. (Daylight Shadow / Dream Rationally / Danny) - Page 3 Empty Re: Together, we're going to rule the world. (Daylight Shadow / Dream Rationally / Danny)

Post by Dream Rationally Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:54 pm

Harmony

Danny didn't seem to like the idea of being trained for what Yuki always referred to as 'the day of reckoning'. This 'day of reckoning' was the reason that he gave Harmony when he offered to teach her how to further master her mysterious powers. Although she refused to continue when he tried to get her to explore the darkness, he didn't seem to mind with how much progress he had made over the year they had been together as mentor and mentee. As much as she hated to admit it, she had no idea what Yuki's true motive was for training those who he could. He was not the kind of man who gave up such information on a whim.

The Werewolf stood up from the table to bring his plate to the kitchen section of the room where he began to wash it in the sink. The younger girl slid out of her chair and moved to stand next to him, again finding herself amazed at the height difference between them. It was almost amusing really. It reminded her of the first time she saw The Musician, as he was a good foot and a half taller than she was.
    "I'm just glad you could eat." She replied to his thanking her for the food. There was a pause before he asked her what kind of training he should be expecting.
    "Well..basic things. We'll see how much you know and where you need to improve once we can get you outside without needing to worry about you collapsing." She said while reaching across to take the plate from the sink, so she could set it out to dry.
    Then he spoke of changing and she hesitated.
    "So you're saying you can't change without a full moon? That's a problem.. a big problem." Harmony furrowed her brow as she turned to walk back towards the table, idly running a few of her fingers through the bang that hung over her left eye.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Together, we're going to rule the world. (Daylight Shadow / Dream Rationally / Danny) - Page 3 Empty Re: Together, we're going to rule the world. (Daylight Shadow / Dream Rationally / Danny)

Post by Danny Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:52 pm

"Without collapsing?!" Danny asked a bit offended. "I'm not some child that need to e baggered. I've been living on my own since I was a kid. I know how to work when I have to, you don't have to worry about me collapsing!" Danny snapped, breaking a plate in his anger. Danny cursed as the plate cut into his hand, blood dripping from the hand. Danny turned on the tap to rinse his hand. When he pulled his hand out from the water, the cuts had healed themselves. Danny took a minute to breath, calming himself. "I'm sorry for the outburst," he said, leaning against the kitchen sink. "... And the plate. I get... Agitated sometimes."

Danny walked around the sink and across the table from Harmony. Danny suddenly felt a pang of guilte for Harmony. He could often have sudden and irrational outbursts (which usually lasted longer and were more angry (not as of the voice he just used wasn't intimidating)). Danny looked away from the table, not wanting to look at Harmony. "I don't know what it is. I try to shift at other times, but it never works. Then when it comes to the full moon, I can't help but change. It's weird. I know." Danny sighed and got up from the table again, going over to clean up the broken plate.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Harmony

At Danny's first question Harmony parted her lips to reply but she was cut off as he continued to speak, growing more and more irritated with every word. Her first instinct was to shrink down in her seat just a little bit. Like most people, she didn't enjoy being scolded or shouted at. At one moment she almost flinched because she thought he was going to throw the plate he had in his hands at her. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, the plate snapped before he could throw it at her or throw it anywhere for that matter. The young girl lowered her gaze for a moment as he washed his hand under the water. When he apologized she glanced up and just nodded her head.
    There was movement in front of her and she glanced up to see that Danny had joined her at the table though he wasn't looking at her. Silence. Then he began to explain to her that he had tried but could not change without the full moon and that when the full moon was overhead, he had no choice as to whether he changed or not.

"That makes you vulnerable." She said when he stood up again, her eyes following him as he moved back towards the counter to clean up the shards of plate from the sink.
    "If an Angel were to find out that you could not change at will, they would take advantage of that and attack you either during the day or on a night without a full moon. That's something you'll need to learn.. not that I'm an expert of Werewolves. It's just that the ones I've met could all change whenever they wanted to. " Harmony shook her head slightly as she leaned back in her seat, wondering what she could do to help him. The next full moon wasn't supposed to happen for another day or two..that was the time she had to teach him.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:25 pm

"Well the next full moon isn't for the next two day," Danny pointed out, as he finished with the broken plate. Over the years, he has leant to count the days, the feelings his body got as the days got closer to the full moon. He searched for the garbage for a little bit, finally finding it and tossing the shards. "Truth is... I don't really like shifting," Danny spoke casually again. "But if I'm vulnerable to attack, it's something I have to do, right?" He looked up at Harmony and smiled. "Should we get to training then? I may not be the most level headed person, but I'm a hard worker. Just, let me know."

With the dishes clean, and Danny unsure of what to do, he chuckled nervous. Am I suppose to do something now? Danny asked himself. Living away from human contact for so long, he wasn't sure of all the social norms and expectations people had. "So... Uh... Do we train out here, or...?" he chuckled, nervous as he rubbed the back of his head.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Harmony

"No Werewolf enjoys shifting." Harmony stated with a bit of a laugh, before she composed herself so she could answer him with a more serious tone. He was right in all accounts though. When the day of reckoning arrived he was going to have no choice but to change whether he liked it or not. When that day came..it was going to be a battle of life and death for everyone. Even Harmony knew that she was going to have to break the one rule she had made for herself; never to use The Darkness. No corner of the earth was going to be safe to run to.
    "But you'll need to learn how to if you want to survive." As she spoke she pulled herself out of her chair and she slid her hands into her pockets, looking up at the tall man in front of her. He was promising for the most part. Yuki had chosen two very powerful individuals. They were going to survive if they could reach their full potentials. At this point they would both die if the Angels decided to purge the earth.

"If you're ready to start training, then we can get right to it." She said with a nod of her head before she turned and began walking towards the front door, motioning for Danny to follow her. Once they reached the door and stepped outside, they were greeted by a luscious green forest much like the one that Yuki and the others had met in originally. Only it wasn't quite so dark.
    "I'd want to get a little bit away from the house, in case things get a little rough." She noted while beginning towards the tree line at a casual stroll.
    "You aren't afraid to hit a girl, are you?" Harmony suddenly asked while turning her head towards her companion.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:31 pm

"I was born ready!" Danny chuckled and he smiled at her. Realistically, he was frightened; just trying to hide it. He wasn't sure why he was frightened however, but the nervous feeling in his stomach didn't lie. Danny's eyes followed Harmony as he strolled across the room towards the door. Well she's got some energy, Danny smiled at the thought. He walked to the door after her motion and could smell the pleasant green scent of the forest before he even made it to the door. This, was his natural element. "It's beautiful outside," Danny noted, mostly to himself.

He followed Harmony further away from the home, but his eyes scanned the area around him, enjoying the feeling of tall trees surrounding him on all sides. Even the damp ground on his bare feet felt good. It wasn't until Harmony spoke that Danny snapped out of it. "Hit a girl?" The question got him off guard. It wasn't so much as hitting a girl than it was hitting a friend. Danny would hit anyone if he wanted to, he just didn't like hitting the people he knew."Uh... no?" he smiled, a bit off guard from the question. "Why, am I suppose to fight you or-?"
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Harmony

"It is beautiful isn't it? That's why I chose to come out here. Living out here in the wild..you get this kind of silence that you just can't find anywhere else. I love it here." Harmony spoke in a quiet voice as they walked just a little bit deeper into the forest and away from her house. This wasn't the first time she had been asked to help Yuki with a person and she knew from experience that things could get a little bit messy. Especially with those who had either incredibly destructive powers or those with enhanced strength.
    Danny seemed caught off guard by the question she asked him though. Whether or not he was afraid to hit a girl. Some people were, others weren't. It was different for every person. When he answered that he wasn't, she sighed slightly almost in relief.
    "Good. The strongest of Angels are the female ones. You'll find that out soon enough though." She explained as they neared a clearing.

"You'll be fighting me at some point..but right now I'm mainly asking so that I can show you something." Harmony said while walking into the center of the small clearing. It was a peacefully green area with moss covered rocks and the rays of sun shining down through the leaves overhead.
    "So..." She turned and placed her hands on her hips while tilting her head upwards to look at the man in front of her.
    "Hit me. As hard as you can." She said simply while looking up at him expectantly.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:35 pm

Harmony brings Danny to a small clearing. Well, small in comparison to the whole forest. Danny listened to Harmony intensely, but scanned the while area, really loving this scenery. She mentions a silence and Danny smiles. He doesn't say anything, but appreciates the mutual understanding of silence. It felt good to connect to someone like that. She went on to explain that the Angels consisted mostly of females and that she was happy I had to problem hitting a girl. Danny walked further into the clearing, stopped a couple feet away from Harmony. "Fi-fighting you...?" Danny repeated. He didn't want to fight or hurt her, especially considering what she had just done for him. Then next thing was even more surprising.

"What?! Hit you!? I don't want to hit you Harmony," he said a bit exasperated. He starred at her, to see if she was kidding, but the expression on her face was completed serious. Danny chuckled nervously, looking around the clearing nervous. "Uh, well... Okay... If you... Uh... Insist." He dropped his hands, shook himself, them took a step back. "But you asked for it!" Danny said right before charging towards Harmony. He closed his eyes as he swung a punch at her.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Harmony

Harmony couldn't help but giggle softly at Danny's resistance to the idea of fighting her. Where had Yuki gotten this guy from? He would have made for a perfect ally to the Angels if only they would look past the stupid guidelines of their doctrine. He wasn't a bad person, he was just stuck in a situation where he was made out to be a bad person. The young girl actually admired that about him. Despite the fact that he had powers the likes of which most humans could only dream of..he didn't let the powers get to his head, the way such a thing would most people.
    "I know you don't want to hit me but I want you to do it. As hard as you possibly can." She urged him further as he looked around the clearing nervously. This was usually the best way for her to show others the capabilities of her power. Despite it being defensive in nature.

When he dropped his hands and warned her, she nodded, watching as he took a moment of pause before charging towards her with what would have been quite a swing. She waited until his fist was coming straight at her before she brought her hands up and tore a rift right in front of his fist.
    A second rift opened a couple inches away from his left cheek and as his fist disappeared into the first tear, it came through the second causing him, in essence, to punch himself.
    However before he had the chance to react to the blow she reached forward to push him back, away from her and the rift his hand had gone through, so that she could close the rift before it hurt him. It wasn't much of a push but it was enough to make one stumble back a step or two.
    She then smiled up at him proudly.
    "That's what I can do."
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:37 pm

In retrospect, perhaps it wasn't smart for Danny to close his eyes. The second before he hit her, he opened his eyes to see if he hit her. To be honest, he was expecting her to duck out of the way, or spin around him, something along those line. Not for a small riff in space. Unfortunately, by the time had realized what was happening, it was to late for Danny to stop. The next thing he knew, his fist went through the riff, and the feeling of a small speeding truck hit Danny's face. Danny's head went off to the side with the force. There was a small nudge and Danny stumbled back from where he was. He grabbed his face, rubbing his jaw and whipping his mouth.

"What the hell was that?" Danny snapped, bending down a bit to recover. He wasn't expecting that much force to he face. "I thought we were suppose to be training me?!" Danny continues to growl. He stood up and walked around steaming, trying not to be angry with Harmony, but finding it very difficult. He walked to a near by tree and punched it, causing the trunk to send vibrations up the tree. Birds and squirrels jumps about and scattered from the force. "Look, if you're going to hit me-... Or at least hit myself..., Give me some warning!"
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Harmony

When he swung at her he opened his eyes and in that moment he caught the sight of the rift his fist was disappearing into. He only had a moment to think about it before his fist came in contact with his cheek and he was left stunned by his own blow. Thankfully the stumble back was all it took for his arm to come free of the rift so I could close it without hurting him.
    There was a pause of silence before he exploded in a mixture of confusion, anger, and pain that was completely understandable. Harmony kept her eyes trained on the Werewolf as he moved around the clearing to recover from the hit.
    She was sympathetic but at the same time she knew her motive behind what she had done.

"Think of it as a lesson for the future when you're going to be fighting others, like myself, who can turn your own attacks against you. And believe me an Angel should never be underestimated." Harmony spoke with a bit of an apologetic tone to her voice. In all truthfulness that was the easiest way to show him what she could do without hurting him too much. Of course she could have punched him herself but he probably wouldn't have felt that as much as he felt his own punch. It was a lesson that was going to help him in the future.
    "For someone like me, you've got to be unpredictable." She added with a slight tilt of her head. "That's what makes Yuki such a formidable fighter. You never know what he's going to do."
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Danny stood against the tree, annoyed for what Harmony had just done. Of course he realized that she had done it to prove a point, to teach him in the lesson, but it didn't stop him from being a tad bitter about it. "Never underestimate your opponent," he paraphrased, keeping the thought in his mind. It should go without saying when it comes to battle, but Danny still made a point to keep note of it. He stood from the tree and walked back towards Harmony. "Shouldn't everyone be unpredictable in battle?" Danny asked, stopping a few feet away from Harmony like he had previously done. "If you're always trying to get the upper hand, it doesn't matter if you're strong or not, does it?" Danny paused for a moment, debating if what he had planned was appropriate or not. Of course after what Harmony just did, Danny came to a conclusion rather quickly.

Before Harmony could answer, Danny turned his shoulder and tackled Harmony to the ground (a bit gentler than he normally would). Both on the ground, Danny twisted and turned until he was on top of Harmony with a strong grip on her collar, pulling her up a little bit. With Danny's left hand grabbing her collar, his right fist was up in the air, ready to punch. But before he did, a smile grew on Danny's face. "Unpredictable like that?" Danny dropped his hands got off Harmony. As he stood up, he held out a hand to help Harmony up. "I learn quickly, and this was a bit of payback, if you don't mind," Danny chuckled a bit to himself, keeping his now happy eyes on Harmony, waiting for her to get up, his arm still outstretched.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:58 pm

Harmony

Danny seemed a little more upset than Harmony could have anticipated but judging by the reaction he had had earlier in the house, it didn't surprise her this time around. She just stood where she had been the whole time and kept her hands together behind her back to give him as much time as he needed to compose himself.
    "There are two kinds of unpredictable..there is the kind that can be expected, when an opponent knows what it's like to be unpredictable and the step beyond that. Yuki has gone even further than that with the help of his powers. You'll need to learn how to do the same before I let you go back to meet up with the others." She answered him as he approached the middle of the clearing where she was stood.
    "Strength is merely something that can either be used correctly or used against oneself." Her reply was simple but it was the truth.

Suddenly Danny moved before she could react to his action. He tackled her to the ground and grabbed her by the collar of her protective leather neck brace, making her giggle like the young girl she was. The tackle didn't hurt so much as it caught her off guard, which was exactly what the object of this lesson was.
    "Exactly like that! Only a little bit moreso." She said from where he had left her, reaching out when a hand was offered to her. Harmony pulled herself up off the ground and dusted the grass off her dress.
    "Want to see something cool?" She suddenly asked with a playful twinkle in her eye. Oh boy, now he'd brought out the playful side of her.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Danny's smile had grown larger as she noted his accomplishment. It was exactly what he had been waiting for. Waiting to hear those words. He pulled her up generously, proud of himself that he had done better than he originally expected. It was then that curiosity caught him. "Something cool? Come on, obviously!" Danny chuckled. As he laughed with Harmony, that he realized how much he had come to miss friends. Living in the forest had been great. Danny was isolated and safe, but he gave up many luxuries that he didn't think he'd miss... until now. Standing beside someone and enjoying their company was the feeling Danny didn't want to give up again. The twinkle in Harmony's eye, comforted Danny a bit, but he was still rather nervous for what she had up her sleeve. If she could adapt space and time like she had "... What else could she do?"
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Harmony

Although Harmony probably wasn't going to admit it to Yuki if he happened to pass by at some point in the near future, she was enjoying Danny's company. Just having company at all was a heart-warming thing for her. There weren't many who could deal with her and her somewhat quirky personality but he seemed to be doing just fine up until now. He even encouraged her and laughed with her. It made her feel like she had finally met someone she could perhaps one day call a 'friend' in the future.
    "Watch this!" She said before she turned towards the nearest tree to her.
    In four long strides she reached the tree only instead of stopping she jumped and continued to run. Straight up the tree. Not climbing but literally running up along the surface of the brown bark and when she reached a thick enough branch she slowed down until she was walking along the bottom of said branch. Although one of her hands was needed to keep her dress from falling down at the front, she kept a smile on her face as she looked up at the now upside down figure of Danny.
    "It's called personal gravity manipulation. I can walk on pretty much any surface I want to." She said while taking a few more steps towards the end of the branch.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Danny stood there with his arms crossed as he watched Harmony. As she walked over to the tree, Danny became a bit more curious (having originally thought that she was going to do something to him). Then, before Danny could process what was really happening, Harmony ran up the tree. At first Danny thought she was climbing, but he soon realized that she was literally walking (or running) up the tree. Danny stood there, eyes widen, in shock. "What? Thats crazy!" Danny said, looking up at her as she stood, upside down, on a branch.

Excited, Danny ran to a tree himself. He jumped up, using the trunk of a tree to run up a little, and grabbed on one of the lower branches. He pulled himself up, and was soon jumping up the tree, from branch to branch, even tree to tree. It took much longer than it had Harmony, but he was up there faster than any regular human could. Having finally reached the height of Harmony, Danny jumped onto a branch, swung his legs over, and sat on one branch away from Harmony. "It's a bit chilly up here," Danny smiled. As a werewolf, he was fine with the cold, but idle conversation was something he had to catch up on. "But nice," he turned and smiled at the upside down girl.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Harmony

Danny seemed as surprised and pleased with her ability as she hoped that he would be. It wasn't the kind of thing you saw every day, that's for sure. There was quite a story behind how she discovered she had this ability but that was not something that she talked about without being asked. Such a thing was almost as complicated as the question of where she was from. There just wasn't a simple answer to that question.
    For now though she was happy with showing him what she could do. Although she was showing off just a little bit, if felt good to be around someone who could admire her powers as much as Yuki had when they first met. He had seen in her the potential that no-one else had seen.

Harmony's companion took a moment to observe the tree before he started towards it, using his inhuman agility and strength to climb from branch to branch until they were more or less at the same level. She got to watch him with interest as he made his way up to where she was stood upside down and then turned towards him when he reached a branch he was happy with just a few feet away from hers.
    "I'm used to cold. It's usually freezing where I come from." The girl replied to his comment on the temperature and then walked around the branch until she was stood on top of it so that she could sit down with her legs on the side facing Danny.
    "So where are you from, Danny?" She asked with a slight smile on her lips as she swung her feet back and forth below her.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:22 pm

Danny smiled at Harmony. It was nice to see someone take care of themselves. Danny could appreciate Harmony and the hard work she has put into her life. "Seems to have put more work in than I," Danny thought to himself. They sat up in the tree top for a bit, the sun slowly moving from its spot high in the sky, to it's gentle slumber. She asks Danny where he's from, and he hesitates. He looks down for a second, contemplating if he should really talk about it. Just when it seems like Danny was about to ignore the question when he spoke. It was more casual than you'd expect with the hesitation he took, but there was a pang of something. Guilt? Sadness?

"I'm from Canada. British Columbia to be exact. I lived with my mum and dad, and my brother Derek. They were great, but I haven't seen them in years..." he trailed off, looking at Harmony for a second before laying on his back on the branch. There was a moment of pause as Danny adjusted himself to his new position before he spoke. "Where are you from?" he asked in retaliation. His hands rested behind his back, and one leg was crossed over the other. He looked up to the tree leaves for a bit, but when she didn't respond right away, he turned to her. Clearly the subject was easy for either of them.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:12 pm

Harmony

Harmony waited patiently for Danny to reply to her question or even for him to turn down answering at all by the expression that came across his face. She could only imagine the kind of things he had gone through to wind up all the way out here. Especially seeing as she had more experience than most with traveling.
    When he finally did answer her she leaned forward on the branch she was sitting on so she could focus on his words. British Columbia? The girl tried to think back to the different places she had ended up over the years. She didn't remember ever having been in Canada at all much less British Columbia. It sounded like he had come from a very long ways away though. And from a family that cared for him by the way his voice softened at the mention of the different names.
    She couldn't help but smile in slight mix of admiration and envy.

When he asked her where she was from there was about a minute of silence. Harmony had never really been asked this question before nor had she ever thought about how to answer it without sounding insane. Her eyes fell towards the ground below them for a second or two before she glanced up towards the sky. The sun was slowly beginning on its downward course towards the horizon. In a couple hours it was going to be night.
    "How about you ask me again in a few hours.. it'd make more sense then. You know?" She turned her head to look at him with a bit of an apologetic smile on her lips.
    The truth was..well things weren't quite as simple as they seemed with Harmony.
    "But I can tell you I come from a long, long ways away."
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Danny smiled at her. "A couple hours, eh?" He turned his head back to its regular position looking up at the trees. "You've got it," he said again. He then started laughing. For what reason, he wasn't sure, but he started laughing. Uncontrolably. He sat up, holding his stomach, laughing. Maybe it was because he was nervous, maybe it's just because he was finally connecting to someone. Whatever it was, it was bad. The laughing got to the point where Danny actually fell backways, falling from his branch. The laughing suddenly stopped, and the leaves rustled from Danny hittin his branches on his way down.

With the grunts and loss of breath, Danny fell down the tree, not being able to focus on what he was doing. Yet as he fell, something was trying to overcome him, like the wolf was trying to save him. Danny opened his eyes, except they weren't his usual green colour, but a piercing yellow. Danny snarled at the incoming branches as they continued to hit him. But something about Danny had changed, he threw out his hand and swung from branch to branch. As he continued to fall, he soon ran out of branches. However, on the last branch, Danny swung his body towards the large tree trunk. As he fell, he slowly noticed that he was slowling down. Confused, Danny looked to the trunk to notice his hands (or fingers that is) partially in the trunk. He looked up to where he was falling and noticed long slashes in the trunk where he was falling. Close enough to the ground, Danny dropped to the ground. He looked at his fingers, and noticed claws where is fingernails should be. He blinked a few times and his claws started to grow back, his yellow eyes turning green once again. Well that was weird... Danny thought to himself. He wiped face to get rid of the blood from his now healed nose. He looked up at the tree to try and find Harmony.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:04 am

Harmony

"Yeah, a couple hours ought to do it." Harmony said while glancing up towards the sky again. There was no easy way to explain what she was going to show him later on so she decided that there was no reason for her to even try right now.
    She was brought out of her thoughts by the sound of Danny's laughing. It surprised her at first but soon she found that she was giggling quietly. Soon the giggles turned into full on laughing and she too was cheerfully joining in on the mirth.
    It was brought to an abrupt stop when suddenly he was gone. The girl let out a quiet gasp as she saw his figure falling towards the ground. She was just about to tear a rift in the air beneath him when she noticed something was different about his posture.
    Without hesitating she stood and began to run down along the tree back towards the ground. By then Danny had already come down safely leaving a long line of claw marks in the bark of the tree.

"Huh..that's interesting. Your subconscious is using your power as a form of defense when it knows you're in danger of being hurt or dying." Harmony spoke with a tone of curiosity as well as a tone of wonder when she stepped onto the ground. She had never seen such a thing before. Most Werewolves could turn on their own accord without the moon and those that couldn't, could only change when the full moon was out. She had never come across someone like Danny who was pretty much in the middle where he would change with the moon but he would also change when his body needed the extra boost of his wolf form.
    It put forth an interesting concept; what if he changed when the Angels attacked because his body knew he was going to die if it didn't? That was definitely something to test.
    "Can you change now?" She asked while watching him carefully. She doubted he would be able to but it was worth a try.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:51 am

Danny starred at Harmony as she descended from the trees. He listened to her, rolling his wrists simply to do something. The way she spoke, it seemed she knew more than Danny did about werewolves, and she probably did. "Well whatever happened was weird. The only other time it's happened was the fight that Yuki showed up to." He watched her as he drew closer. "Change? Now?" he asked. He was nervous to, but it was now or never. If he couldn't change now, why would he be able to later. "Okay..." He spoke hesitantly. Danny closed his eyes and tried to find the wolf inside himself. It seemed like he was just standing there for a while, but he was searching for something. Something he didn't want to face most of the time.

When his eyes opened, they were yellow again. Piercing and beastly. Danny began to grunt in pain, seemingly in pain. His fingernails began to turn to claws again, and his cainnine teeth started to grow larger and sharper. Danny moaned, almost howling in the pain or the feeling of some beast trying rip out of his flesh. He fell on all fours, screaming and grunting. His chest rapidly moving up and down as he panted, short of breath. His back arched and the bones began to shift, his spine becoming more flexible and light. Danny screamed, falling on his side. But as quickly as he started to change, he finished. His spine started to shift back to normal, his cainnines retracted, along with his claws. He ended up lying on his side, panting and sweating. He blinked a couple times and his eyes went back to green. "I don't think-" he started off, coughing a bit from the shock to his body. "-Think that I can... Shift," he laughed a little, which ended up in another cough.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Harmony

Danny seemed unsure of himself when asked to attempt a change into his Werewolf form. Harmony figured that seeing as he had just come out of it his body would have some kind of a link with it. The theory was good but it all depended on whether he could allow this second form to come through. It wasn't an easy job nor was she going to act like it was.
    For that reason she was ready for him to refuse. He surprised her however when he agreed to try. With curiosity and interest in her eyes the girl stepped away so she could watch his every move. As the steps of transformation began she found her eyes widened slightly. He was going to do it! However around halfway through the change his body collapsed and he reverted back to his human form.

She was at his side in an instant with her hand on his shoulder. Danny coughed a few times but still managed to speak to her.
    "That's alright, we'll keep practicing another day. Just the fact that you can get that far is a good sign on its own. It means I won't have to go out and find one of my Werewolf acquaintances." Harmony's voice turned playful during the second sentence as she held out her hand to help Danny up off the ground where he was still recovering. Of course it was almost funny to see her trying to help him up, seeing as she would have only been able to really pull him half-up before he'd start getting taller than her.
    "Let's get back to the house. Maybe we some dinner is in order."
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Danny rested there for a moment, the breif pause between pain and drowsiness. The shift had exerted more energy than he first anticipated; something he would have to keep in mind. Danny watched as Harmony scurried over to check on Danny and he smiled, her small but gentle hand felt comforting to his should. As she stood up, she offered out a hand. He looked at it, considering, before he rolled on his back. "Dinner sounds good," he said, placing a hand on his stomach. "But, if you don't mind, I'm going to stay here for a bit. Acquaint myself with my surrounding and get a feel for these wood." As he spoke, he kept his vision to the tree tops, only looking to Harmony after he finished speaking (as if waiting for permission). "I won't be too long I promise," Danny smiled, sitting up from lying down, but still sitting on the ground.

Seeing as how the sun was setting, Danny hadn't been expecting to be out for too long. He only wanted to try a couple things, explore and discovery cool things. It's how Danny kept himself occupied. He hadn't survived for ten years on his own by sitting around all day. Of course, he had been in a couple of cities, but he never stayed for too long. They were always too busy and loud of his liking. Even if Danny were to just sit in a tree for ten minutes or so, it would comfort him. Being in the woods was his home for him, his natural element and it's where he liked to spend most of his time. In Danny's eyes, his request wasn't asking for too much, but he would understand if she said no.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:26 am

Harmony

Danny seemed just about ready to leave but before he pulled himself up, he allowed himself to fall back onto his back. He spoke and asked her whether he could stay out and explore the surrounding forest. It was a question that caught her by surprise while at the same time didn't surprise her all that much. He was a Werewolf. Of course he liked to know his surroundings before he just settled down somewhere.
    The way he looked at her though suggested that he thought she might turn his request down. What a silly thought on his part.

"Well..alright, just don't go disappearing on me okay? I'd hate to have to tell Yuki you ran away while you were under my care." The statement was more of a joke than a serious request, she made this clear with a playful little smile before she turned and began back towards the house. Harmony didn't feel like she had the right to deny him anything at all. She was younger than him, how would that work anyway?
    All she could do was go back home with the hopes that he wouldn't break his promise or that he'd stay out for too long so that the food got cold. With those hopes in mind she allowed herself to relax a little bit so she could think ahead to what she was going to make for them both. She wasn't much of a big eater but she was sure she had enough for Danny to get his fill.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:08 pm