Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny)

Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny) Empty There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny)

Post by Danny Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:23 pm

You're a government worker who has been working on new ways to develop faster healing for people. The current experiment? Supernatural genetics. You whole heartily believe in this project until you come down to the labs to see the progress and see how these supernatural creatures are being treated. This is where you meet me, one of the creatures in the labs who's supplying his DNA and his body for this project. But I've had enough, and I need to escape. Do you help me? Or am I going to force my way through?
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny) Empty Re: There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny)

Post by Danny Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Name: Daniel McKarthy
    Sex: Male
    Height: 6'3"
    Hair: Light brown
    Eyes: Green
    Face: Scruff facial hair
    Species: (Half) Werewolf/ (Half) Human
    Abilities: Because I was born into being a werewolf, I have the abilities of a werewolf, and I have more control over my werewolf form (I can still only shift during the full moon however). I can also water bend (control water) though water has to be present and I need my body to move to control it.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny) Empty Re: There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny)

Post by Dream Rationally Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm still kinda busy trying to throw together a bio I'm happy with.
    You can start us off and give me an idea of where to go with my first post. Smile If you would be so kind..
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:21 pm

"Test Subject 435, please remain still while we obtain a DNA sample." A female robotic voice rings out in the bleak chamber. Danny rests on his knees, his arms restraint to two long metallic chains, stopping him from moving his arms and most movement anyways. His head hands limp over his body, the only sign indicating his life is the slow rise and fall on his back. Facing Danny is a one sided mirror. The scientist can see inside the chambers, but the test subjects are forced to look at themselves and what is being done to them. From behind Danny, the "wall" opens as two scientists clad in all white (like the subjects) walk in, talking to themselves. Danny either doesn't hear them, or understand what they're saying, but he knows they're in the room. Their footsteps come closer, one resting a hand on Danny's should. Danny tightens his already closed eyes expecting what's about to unfold. He doesn't see it, but the pressure of a needle forcing itself into him makes him cringe. Unfortunately, that's not the worst part. The scientist who's hand was resting on Danny's shoulder lifts his shirt and places it over his head. Scars coat Danny's back (obviously fresh).

Screams echo through the labs (as they occasionally do). The blinding pain from a whip attacks Danny's back, cutting it deep and in multiple places. Tears run down Danny's faces as he screams from the pain. It stops after a while, the scientist get the information they need, and Danny is left alone in his chamber. Fed up with the situation, Danny screams (different from the one in pain) and struggles against the chains to no avail. This, is a typical day, not just for Danny, but all of the test subjects here in this government facility.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:57 pm

"Colonel, if you would please follow me." The voice next to me spoke as the doors of the elevator opened revealing a very clean and neat looking corridor. Just as I had come to expect from a government run facility. Very much the same as the military type facilities I had found myself working in for so many years before this particular job. It seemed as though the government was looking for workers outside their force with a different specialization, which is why they chose me over my co-workers. The specialization of genetic manipulation is not something many scientists and researchers can put on their resumes. However it has been my field of study for the last decade ever since I had become interested in the subject as a child.
    After double majoring in genetics and biology, I was immediately drafted into a military science program that turned me into the critical thinker I am today.

The stone faced receptionist quietly led me along the hallway without giving me the chance to examine anything in particular. This was probably intentional. I hardly had the time to take note of the different numbers of rooms we were passing before we headed through another set of swinging doors with what looked like large heavy door locks, obviously for whenever a lockdown was in order.
    "Which subjects am I going to be expected to take a look at, ma'am?" I asked as we made our way down another long hallway.
    The woman gave me a glance before she shook her head.
    "You'll be briefed once we reach the labs, Mister Delvire." She replied with the same chirpiness in her voice as a body would have at the morgue.
    I could do little more than nod and grip my clipboard tighter with my fist. The amount of secrecy going on was just slightly disconcerting.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:37 pm

Danny rested in his chamber, panting heavily. He lifted his head up, licking his dry lips. "...water... Water..." He asked out loud, his voice. There was a pause as he spoke before the doors to the room opened. Before the water was brought in, two workers walked in, restraints in their hands. Danny had known the procedure however. He rose to his feet, slowly as he was tired and weak from their lack of nurishment. He lifted one leg up, and one restraint was fastened around his ankle (enough so to make him wince in discomfort). The same was done before his other ankle. Once the two men had a hold on his limps, a large cup of water was brought in. In the mirror, Danny could see another worker bringing water to the "subject" beside him. "How the restraints are annoying," he tought as the water touched his lips.

Danny drank a couple of gulps, enjoying the feeling of water rushing down his throat (even if it was warm). He so eagerly drank the water that he began to cough, water spilling over his clothing and floor. The took the water from his mouth, letting him gasp for air. As the workers started to walk away, Danny spoke. "More! More please... I need more..."

There was a pause between the workers before one of them reluctantly returned. There wasn't much water left, but enough for Danny to get a large mouthful. He drank some and smile as most of the water slowly trickled down his chin and into a little puddle on the floor. The restraints were lifted from his ankles, and Danny dropped back down on his knee, starring at the puddle of water below him and feeling the wet clothes stoking to his chest.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:20 am

The facility looked a lot smaller on the outside than it really was, which really, made perfect sense seeing as the government couldn't exactly have a massive facility on the surface. The elevator had been without proper indication as to where it was or what floor we had stopped on.
    For all I knew we were a thousand feet below the surface in a place that wasn't supposed to exist. After all governments often didn't like things the public couldn't understand out in the open.
    Soon enough the secretary brought me to a room where a tall man was waiting. He immediately turned as the door opened and gave me a smile. He saluted me and I returned the gesture.
    "Dr. Delvire, I assume? Welcome to the facility. Please, this way." He spoke and then turned to exit through a door on the opposite side of the room.
    I suppressed a sigh and followed him silently.

"I'm glad that you're here. My superiors have been on my ass about this whole thing. I'm not sure why our experiments aren't going ahead as quickly as we had hoped. We're hoping that you'll be able to figure out what we're doing wrong." He spoke quickly as he led me along another much more dark hallway than the ones we had been in before. The doors seemed much heavier and more secure. Almost like they were designed to keep whoever was on the opposite side of the door on that side.
    It was just a little bit unnerving but the way I saw it, there was a reason this was a military facility and knowing the military they like to keep things air tight.

"I like to keep my meetings one on one. I hope that doesn't inconvenience you. I'm going to need a room with restraints, if you deem that necessary however I like to keep my patients free and away from bonds. They seem to appreciate that much more than being chained down to a chair unable to move."
    I spoke in a serious tone while glancing down at my clipboard. There were only a few subjects I was scheduled to see yet something told me I had my work cut out for me..whatever the heck that was going to be.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:43 am

Time passed as Danny drifted in and out of sleep. His body was forcing him to sleep, the lack of which was keeping him weak, yet he didn't feel safe enough letting the government have complete control over him. Even if he had no physical power, being conscience kept him with some comfort. After enough time, the daze passes (as it always does). From the room next to him, Danny could hear the screams of his neighbour. "Another whipping today," he thought to himself as he slowly rose to his feet. From his restraint, Danny gently moved his feet, his heel up and toe glinding across the concrete. The water puddle followed his actions. Danny jumped, kicked his legs out and swung back down, the water from his clothes rising to join the puddle on the floor.

Danny's moves were slow and graceful, much like tai chi. After a while, and some footwork, the water began to make something; a picture. It wasn't large or well detailed, but the water looked like a young man, possibly even a boy. Danny smiled, his eyes watering when a small alarm went off. Red lights flashed in Danny's chamber. Surprised, Danny clenched his feet and sighed sharply (freezing the picture). "Test subject 435. You were committing a violation. Use of powers not permitted." The female robotic voice spoke out. "No! I wasn't-... No please I-AHHHH!" Danny screamed as electricity shot through him (from his restraints), forcing his body to shake. His screams making his own ears ring. As the electricity stopped, Danny was forced to his knees, panting on the floor, starring at the frozen art picture of the boy.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:44 pm

Character Bio

Basic
    Name Used: Vio Delvire
    Sex: Female (But she introduces herself as Male)

Features
    Species: Human
    Ethnic: French (Her accent is only slight)
    Skin color: Only somewhat pale from working inside the majority of the time.
    Tattoo: She has a small symbol just behind her ear.
    Height: 5'7"
    Build: Violet's build is very slight with curves that she keeps hidden behind well picked clothing. She wears a tight sports bra to keep her chest from being prominent which, without it, would give her away quite easily. All in all if she dressed any differently it would become blatantly obvious what gender she belonged to.
    Weight: 116 lbs
    Hair (color/style): A darkish blonde color. Short at the front and long at the back, which she ties back with a hair tie to make a bit of a ponytail except it's in the style a guy would tie his hair back, lower along the length. This gives the illusion, when faced from the front, that she only has the short hair.
    Eyes: Violet color true to her name.

Dressware
    Spoiler:
    Hat: If she wears one, it's usually a military type cap.
    Glasses: To read she wears thinly rimmed black glasses.
    Jewelry: She has a small ring on the index finger of her left hand, silver with little black flames wrapping around it.
    Coat/Jacket: White blazer-type jacket that goes with the rest of her uniform.
    Top: A black button up shirt that she wears beneath her jacket.
    Bottom: Long white pants made of suit-like material.
    Shoes: Formal black suit-type shoes.

About Character
    Relationship status: Single.
    Sexuality: Bisexual.
    Hobbies: Learning new things, playing the violin, jogging early in the morning, staying up late into the night working.

Personality: Violet's personality is a very interesting one. Most of the time she is a very quiet and pensive type of girl. Not often will she go out of her way to make conversation unless she really has to and even then she will often have difficulty seeing as her shyness gets in the way. However when she really needs to be forward and take on the role as a leader, she will. This ability is half of what makes others believe that she is a man as opposed to a woman.

That being said it is virtually impossible, even with years of experience, to hide the more feminine side of her personality.
    At time she will let out a giggle or find herself blushing when faced with someone she finds attractive but as of yet no-one has seen enough to figure out the truth. She wants to keep it that way. The more passive traits that come through though are kindness, compassion, and the will to make others happy.

Background: As a child Violet was quiet and shy, two traits that never quite went away, as well as bookish and introverted. No matter how much her parents tried to get her to interact with other children she always seemed to find her way into a corner with a book of some kind. Through school the same was true but with her introversion came a brilliant mind that showed through in her perfect grades. In High School she became the first student to get nothing but straight A's throughout her entire education in the history of her school. Many teachers reveled in her ability to learn, comprehend, and pass the knowledge on to others when required to do so.
    She skipped grades early on and thus earned her degrees much earlier than most.

The fact that she passes herself off as a guy has its reasons but the main one is that very early on she discovered that advanced genetics was a subject that was not very popular among the female population. In fact at the level she studied at she was the only female in her class and received a lot of criticism from her peers for this reason. After she graduated from her master's program at an early age, she joined the military under a completely different name with a completely different appearance from the one she had during her studies. Very quickly she learned to hold herself straight, walk with dignity, and keep a look of abrupt seriousness that few men or women could replicate. Although it was impossible to hide some of her feminine features, she was quickly accepted as a male by the way she carried herself. Passing off as simply a male with a soft face and somewhat long hair (which often brought people to assume she was homosexual, which she didn't mind).

Powers: None (at the moment)
    Preferred weapon: Having received military training she is proficient with most handguns and rifles however she is not exactly a Marine or a Sniper by training. Perhaps the best way to describe her is as a scientist who can shoot her way out of a hairy situation.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:58 pm

Ooc - Awesome bio. I like the detail and this could be interesting. I kept my as basic as possible (I hope you don't mind) because I like my characters to show who they are themselves. That, and Danny is currently damaged, so it's state of mind isn't the most stable at the moment. Anyway, I look forward to seeing where this goes! Your post ^.^
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:36 pm

"You know.. of all the people I expected the Military to send our way I didn't expect someone of your stature Doctor. You see, last I had heard, you were making large headway in project Xenos. I didn't think they'd want to pull you off that." The man spoke while we walked together towards the room that was going to be my office as well as my laboratory for the next few months.
    "Project Xenos was unfortunately not making as much progress as they wanted so they moved me on to a more promising project..which is the one here with you. Whatever you've got going here they are interested in and therefore I will do what I can to help." I spoke quietly with a bit of an impatient tone. I wanted to get to work as quickly as possible. The bright white colors of the hallways along with the smell of chlorine made me want to gag.

Finally we reached a door and stopped. The man turned towards me and motioned towards the door with his hand, telling me that this was where I was going to be working from now on. I nodded my head in thanks before glancing down at my clipboard.
    "If you don't mind, I'm going to start right now." The words were spoken as a fleeting thought. Nothing he could have said would have stopped me so in a way I was telling him that I was going to begin my testing.

"I will see..." I glanced down along the list of patients I was supposed to meet with over the duration of my time working for the government until my eyes settled upon a number. There was no way of knowing who or 'what' rather I was going to be meeting with seeing as all I had to go off of was a number. So it really didn't matter at this point.
    "Subject 435" I glanced up at the man as I said the name.
    He looked at me for a moment, like he was trying to remember something, before he nodded his head. Then he blinked and shook his head almost as if he was correcting himself silently.
    "I believe that Subject is currently under observation.. we-" He began to explain but I quickly cut him off.
    "Make sure he is clothed and washed before he joins me. I'm not sure what kind of tests you run but I'd hate to get some kind of radioactive chemical on me.. Thanks."
    He looked at me with a bit of a surprised expression before he smiled.
    "Being in the Military rubbed off on you.. Very well, I'll make it happen." With that he turned and continued down the hallway, leaving me to ready myself.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Danny had blacked out, sleep deprevation got the best of him and his eyes forced shut. He didn't dream, or see anything as he sleep, in fact, he didn't even realize he was asleep until he felt a sharp pain on his face. "Wake up you stupid hybrid," the worker spoke. The slap woke him up, but his daze was still on him. Danny looked at the man, his eyes almost gazed over. Another slap, this one waking him up. "Didn't you hear me?!" The worker asked again, his voice obviously more irritated. "I don't understand, I-"

"I don't expect you to understand!" The man snapped. "I expect you to obey. Now. Stand, up." Danny glared at the worker, anger and pain in his eyes. The worker was a rather burly man with a clean face. His eyes were a dark brown (though they looked black). He was the was of security. "Where am I going?" Danny asked. The workers eyes narrowed as slowly walked towards Danny. Picking him up by the neck, the worker spoke. "Listen here boy. You don't ask questions. You don't expect an answer. You don't even speak. You exist. That is all." The two started at each other, before the worker dropped Danny on his feet. "Strip him. He wants this one clean."

Standard procedure followed after that. Test Subject 435 was stripped, restrained, and hosed down before handed a fresh pair of clothes. White and clean. Test subjects weren't even given the option to clothe themselves and thus it was done for them. By the time Danny was escorted to the door, his wrists where bound behind his back, his hair was damp, and his head down. The door swung open. From what Danny could see, the room was rather empty. He couldn't see anyone, but he sure as hell smelt someone inside. He slowly walked in, the sound of his bare feet on concrete sounded loud to him, almost as loud as his heart beating in his ears, unsure of what they were going to do this time.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:33 am

The room was pretty normal compared to some of the rooms she had worked in up until now. Really the closest thing it could be compared to was probably the interrogation room in a police station. The walls were white as was the floor, the chairs metal with some crude red padding that looked like they had been made less for comfort and more for the ease with which patients could be chained down onto them.
    It wasn't much but it would do for the interviews part of what I was going to be doing at this facility. Yes I was going to need to see the labs and the results of the tests they were running but that was something else to worry about at a later point. For now I tried my best to focus on the task at hand; meeting my first subject.

All of 10 minutes passed before the door on the opposite side of the room opened and a guard led a figure into the room. It was a male, that much was clear, and he was almost soaking wet. It was a pitiful sight to behold. His head was bowed, his hair dripping with water, and a slump in his motions. Whoever this person was either he had been mistreated or there was something seriously wrong with him.
    It was then that I was reminded that he was a test subject, not a normal person. Something inside him had been changed at a genetic level which changed him from the definition of a human being.
    He was now..a creation. A combination of genes spliced together to create something new. A new breed or species.

As soon as the door was closed behind the two who had entered, I regarded the guard who had led him in.
    "Release his bonds." The order was simple but the look on his face made it seem as though I had asked him to fight the man he was guiding to the death. It was a genuine look of surprise, fear, and a lack of understanding.
    "But Doctor..this subject is-" The guard began but yet again I cut him off with a movement of my hand while I set my clipboard down on the table in front of me.
    "Just do it.. Now, please, sit down." I directed the second part of my sentence towards the man who had entered. My voice was gentle but still held the same tone of seriousness.
    The guard looked uneasy but he seemed to understand that he had no choice but to obey my orders. He waited until the man took a seat before quickly undoing his binds, retreating just as quickly towards the door with his hand at what was most likely a weapon at his waist.
    "Thank you. You may leave us now." I nodded my head and the man cautiously left the room. Leaving the two of us in silence.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:38 am

Danny didn't look up as he walked, didn't say anything, just walked. In all honesty he was scared. The room wasn't too welcoming to begin with, but Danny had learnt that there was nothing good about this place. Nothing better or worse than anything else, just the same old acts of evil they committed. Danny never understood why people where so afraid of werewolves or the unknown, when humans where so much scarier. The worker led Danny by the chair when the man in the room spoke and ordered to rehearse Danny's bonds. This was the first time he looked up. His head snapped from his low stupor, and his eyes focused on this man. Never had he been out of bonds in this place, never truly free to move his body. Danny wasn't sure if he was more terrified at the potentional possibilities, or filled with hope for the first time.

The worker and the man converse as Danny stands there quietly. It was a slight argument, but Danny enjoyed listening to the worker get cut off and dismissed like he had done to so many others. By this point the worker forced Danny to sit, released his bonds, and scurried out of the room like a frightened pup. Danny's head went back to looking at the ground. The room seemed harmless enough, but looks can be deceiving. There was an awkward silence as they both sat across the room. After a while, Danny slowly lifted his head and eyes to look at the man, much like a dog does when it's scared and doesn't understand something. Finally, one of them spoke. "You released my bonds... Why?" Danny asked, breaking the silence.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:24 am

The silence in the room was both understandable and told me a thousand things about the way standard operating procedure worked at this facility. The patients were taught to be completely submissive and were never allowed out of their bonds. This was obvious by the way the man kept his head down and his face half-hidden. The half that was visible though showed an expression of uncertainty and surprise. As though the last thing he had expected was to be allowed this kind of freedom upon entering the room.
    Finally he spoke and I felt a slight smile come to the corner of my lips.
    "Subject..." I began to answer him but then frowned. I didn't like the idea of calling him subject throughout the numerous meetings we were destined to have together. It didn't seem right. Of course, neither was forcefully doing genetic research on a person but that was a different story altogether. "You have a name don't you?"

I paused before continuing, taking note of the man's name next to his subject number on my clipboard.
    "I released your bonds because I don't believe in speaking to someone unless they have the freedom to move as they want to. I'm not sure what kind of tests they've been running here but I'm not them. I'm here to run more of a survey so I can watch over whatever they are hoping to accomplish while pointing out the blatant mistakes they've made in their processes. Now.. So long as you don't do anything rash, you'll be allowed to remain without bonds. I'd hate to see you tied down." My last statement was less of a threat and more of a form of advice.
    My reasoning was quite simple and so long as he did not misbehave or show himself to be hostile, he was going to be allowed to be as free as he wanted to be throughout the duration of our meetings.
    "Does that sound reasonable?" I asked while tapping the tip of my pen against the paper in front of me twice.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 pm

Ooc - Dream I am so sorry! I've been trying to post all day, but haven't had the opportunity until now. I had two auditions today, and interview, and class. I was also babysitting and the kids weren't put to bed and house cleaned until about 15 minutes ago. I know how much waiting for a response takes, so I am so sorry!

Bic - Danny listened as the man spoke. He registered what he was saying, but he didn't understand why these questions where being asked. The scientist here don't ask questions, they just do, and they certainly never released test subject bonds before. There was something curious about this man. Something Danny was certain of.
    "Daniel," he spoke to the man has he lectured Danny about his thoughts. No one had asked of his name before either. This whole situation was rather dark and twisted in Danny's mind, something he had enjoyed though. The man finished, and there was another silence in the air. This one proved to be more awkward that the previous silence.

Danny raised his head fully to look at the man, but not overly confident. Perhaps a little less than equal. Finally, Danny nodded to the question, unsure if that what he was waiting for. In all honesty, Danny didn't quite understand what this man was talking about, but whatever it was was a lot better than anything else he had experienced down here. Then he noticed something that caught his attention. It was trivial and pointless to everything he had come to known, but it was something. "Your eyes are purple..." He said quietly, quickly looking away as to not insult. "They're gently and soft. Different. Different from all the other eyes." Danny smiled awkwardly, the way he spoke almost made it appear as if he wasn't there all mentally. He was, but the truth is that he never got to speak much down here. It was only a couple of minutes, but he had already enjoyed this time here more than anything else.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:45 pm

The silence was not unbearable but rather necessary to everything that would come to pass. The kind of silence that could make the difference between two people being enemies and two people forming some kind of bond. The kind that could make or break a friendship. It was a moment to delve into the mind of the person I was facing. On his face I could observe all of these different thoughts and emotions I had been trained to pick up on.
    In a way, I knew Daniel better than anyone else in this entire facility did..just by watching his expression as the moments of silence ticked past. When he did speak though, breaking the silence, his words surprised me quite a bit. Not so much because he had taken note of the fact that my eyes were purple but rather because it was the first thing he took note of and the way he worded his sentence..almost like a compliment. It was interesting.

The comment was almost enough to make me break my composure. However I merely blinked and nodded my head with a bit of a chuckle.
    "Ah, you've caught me out." I replied to his observation with a small smile while leaning back in my chair with my hands coming to rest on my lap.
    "I guess that's something that sets us apart. See, I once had blue eyes but my class in university needed someone to test a gene on. So I opted myself as a guinea pig and..well..what you see is what you get."
    The smile on my lips widened only slightly.
    "How about you? What have they done to make you different from all the others, Daniel?" I asked him as the tip of my pen once again found my clipboard.

ooc: No! No! Don't apologize, it's fine! I can understand you being busy so don't worry about it. Smile
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:18 pm

Danny starred at the guy and smiled a bit. "Smart. Always taking it to back to business," Danny starred at the man, his smile growing larger. He shrugs his shoulders and chuckles. "I don't know," he responds shaking his head. "I didn't do anything, but, here I am." He smiles again. "I like your eyes. Glad they're purple, not blue. They're different." Danny stands at this, and fully looks around the room, his head tilted up to look at the plain ceiling. He turns a bit before looking around the room, walking in freedom for the first time is God knows (at least the closest to freedom you can receive here). At one point, Danny walked towards the man at one point, but backs away a little scarred he might do something wrong and lose his ability to walk.

Danny sits back down again, looking back at the man. "Do you have a name... Sir?" He asked, looking back at the floor. There was a silence again as Danny noted his name. "I don't know why they treat me bad. I didn't do anything." Another glance.
    "Did you go to school sir? How was it?" Danny asked, questions flowing into his mind. Suddenly, Danny had a thousand questions about the outside world.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:47 pm

Again the man took the time and effort to compliment the fact that he liked my eyes. It was almost enough to flatter me. Surprisingly enough no-one had ever really commented on my eyes beyond simply taking note of the fact that they were purple. Much less gone as far as saying that they liked them. I blinked a few times and smiled.
    "I've grown quite fond of them myself.. I don't really remember what it's like to have any other color." I replied to his words while watching him move around the room. At a moment he walked towards me but there was never any aggression in his stance. Never once did I feel threatened. However he quickly took his seat as if he was afraid I was going to become alarmed by his movement.

"The people around he will probably refer to me as either Colonel or Doctor Delvire but I'd rather you call me Vio. Vio Delvire, at your service." I introduced myself with a slight nod of my head along with a friendly smile.
    "And indeed, I went to school. I studied advanced genetics and became an expert in the subject. Apparently whoever it is that runs this facility doesn't have the specialists they feel they need, so they got me to come in and take a look. " I took a moment of pause to look Daniel over for a moment or two. His body was only slightly diminished by the time he had spent in here, probably the majority of his life actually, which came as a bit of a surprise. By the way he had reacted to being released from his bonds, you'd think he was never allowed to roam free. Yet if that were the case his body would have been much thinner and he'd have been much weaker.
    Perhaps it was the genes? Whatever genetical code they had worked into his core structure..
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:16 am

"Vio Delvire... Vio Delvire..." Danny muttered to himself. "It's nice to meet you sir," he smiled which faded out quickly. Again, his eyes drifted the room, as if looking for something that wasn't there. The room was just as bland as his cell, yet Danny felt safer here, more welcome. Perhaps it was simply the comparison of the two. "Genetics?" his eyes focused on Vio again with some sort of hope in them. "They... the scienetist, the keep talking about genetics. I don't know what they mean. Saying I'm different, this one is different, everyone down here is different. Something about genetic make up, but I don't know anything, I don't have the answers to their questions. And-... and I get punished for it. Do you have the answers sir, I would really like to leave this place and see outside again. Maybe... you can help... sir?"
    His speaking was rather quick, like word vomit, one thought after another just stumbling out. Speaking, actually speaking out loud was quiet liberating for Danny. He really enjoyed it. Danny wanted to speak some more, ask more questions, but he also wanted to know the answer to the questions he asked.

Danny jumped to his feet and walked towards Vio, standing on the other side of the desk. "I don't know what it is, what they want. But you can help right?! You can do this?" Danny smiled, placing his hands on the desk and leaning forward a bit. His actions resembled that of a puppy, waiting for a treat to be given to him. There was a smile on his face, but this one wasn't fading.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:27 am

Daniel began to speak at about a mile a minute and I found myself quickly overwhelmed by the pure number of things he was trying to tell me. Everything from the fact that he didn't understand what was going on to the fact that he was punished for not knowing the answers to the questions he was being asked. This caused me to frown but only for a second before I let the slight smile come back to my lips.
    My pen was moving quickly across the page as I struggled to take note of at least some of the things he was saying. I was going to need to have a word with the leader of the operation. Clearly something wasn't right in the way things were being done.
    Suddenly there was movement in front of me that drew my gaze upwards which brought it to rest on the man only now he was much closer than before. I was a little surprised but still felt no aggression in his movements.

"I want to help you Daniel.. May I call you Danny? Anyway as I was saying.. I want to help you but there's little I can do right now. I've only just started working here. But I'll tell you what. Every time you come in here consider yourself free to ask as many questions as you want and talk as much as your heart desires. Does that sound like something you'd be up for?" I placed my clipboard down on the table in front of me and crossed my arms over my chest with a smile.
    "I can't offer you the kind of freedom you want..but I can offer you some freedom and that is better than nothing at all, wouldn't you say?" I asked him while raising my eyebrow slightly. I needed to find out more about this facility and how it was run. If he was so keen to get away..was it really that bad down here?
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:46 am

"Danny, yes, that's what my... yeah. Danny is good," his smile still on his face as he looked at Vio before standing up right a bit. He didn't move from his position in front of the desk, but he began to listen again, this time his eyes focusing on Vio's mouth as he spoke, the words being said and the movement in which they would come out. As Vio spoke though, Danny's smile slowly fading. His face now holding pain and confusion. "I don't understand Vio. Am I... do I not- have not been moved here? This is room, I can move and walk and talk and do all of these things here. I don't understand." Danny backed away as he thought about it more. He had trouble articulating and his lack of education was apparent from the years he spent down here, but he was far from being an idiot. It just took him some time to process these things.

"No. No!" Danny said angrily moving to his chair. "I don't want to go back there! You have the answers, you said you know genetics. You said!" He moved to his chair and picked it up. "Why do you bring me here if you're just going to bring me back to... to that hell!? I don't want to!" Danny shouted as he lifted the chair and threw it against the wall. The chair broke into pieces and Danny turned to Vio, his eyes yellow in anger. He took a couple of steps closer to Vio before stopping in his tracks and collapsing. His hands gripped his head as tears welled in his eyes, sitting on his butt. "I'm sorry. Bring me back. Some freedom is better than none. I want freedom, I want to come back and ask questions sir. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:07 pm

The moment I mentioned the fact that he was going to need to go back to his old confinements between our meetings he exploded. And it was not the kind of explosion one would expect from a person, which really I should have come to expect seeing as he wasn't exactly human, but it still caught me completely off guard. Up until this point he had been nothing but complacent and quiet. The sudden change in his personality, the aggression in his stance, and the anger in his eyes made my whole body turn cold. Like I was staring at death itself.
    I jumped when he threw his chair at the wall and then shrank back in my chair when he came towards me. Only to fall back into the ground, the anger gone as quickly as it came.
    I was left in silence, panting, with my heart racing in my chest.

"Look, I'll see what I can do about getting you moved but there's only so much that's in my power in a facility like this.. Had we been back on my base we easily could have gotten you a new room with whatever you wanted if I so much as winked. But here it's different. Still..I'll do what I can, I promise." I spoke quietly while quickly noting something down before letting out a sigh. My heart was still racing from the fear that had gripped me when he came towards me. For a moment I thought I truly was going to become a victim of my own means.
    "Maybe that's enough for today..what do you think?" I asked while glancing up at the man who was now sat on the ground on the other side of the table seeing as his seat was now splintered into a hundred pieces on the opposite side of the room.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Danny kept his head in his hands, rocking back and forth slightly as Vio spoke. He was angry at himself for his outburst, but more angry at the situation. The workers kept informing the subjects they were down here they were dangerous, that they could attack people at any moment and that is almost what Danny had done. Then the question was posed. Was Danny ready to leave this place? The answer was obvious.

"No! I'm sorry," he said quickly, his eyes starring into Vio's, back in there normal green state. "I didn't mean too go angry. I don't want to go back. They, they put me in chains, and I don't speak or, or, or do anything! Ask me questions! I'll answer. Keep me here please. I won't go angry again. Ask. My name is Danny. I am 22. I have lived here for... Six years..." Danny trails off, looking for something in he mans eye to let him know he can say.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:36 pm

As soon as I mentioned the possibility of calling and end to the meeting we were having, as a result of his sudden outburst only moments earlier, Danny quickly began to apologize for what he had done. Immediately his attitude went back to the quiet and almost vulnerable one that it had been before. Once again I was faced with a person who was confused, abused, and almost scared of what was happening to him.
    He seemed almost desperate to continue speaking to me though I knew better than to think that was the reason he was so eager to continue. It seemed more logical that he did not want to leave the freedom that I was giving him by letting him roam free in the room. For that reason I slowly nodded my head.

"Well, alright, if you'd like to continue then we can continue for a while longer.. You said that they chain you down. What do you mean by that, Danny?" I asked him while pulling my chair closer to the table so I could write down whatever notes I deemed important from the answer he was going to give me. Regardless of what it was though something told me that I wasn't going to like it. I never liked the idea of using human subjects for experiments but if they were treated correctly..that was one thing. If they were mistreated as well then that turned everything around and in my mind it became inherently wrong.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:35 am