Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Brandon
Antarion
Danny
Murdoch
8 posters

An Epic in the Making (D&D Style RP)

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

An Epic in the Making (D&D Style RP) - Page 4 Empty An Epic in the Making (D&D Style RP)

Post by Murdoch Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:40 am

First topic message reminder :

[[I’m going to use my Apex intro to introduce the world]]

The Apex. A place that is everywhere and nowhere, in no time and all times at the same moment and at every moment, a place of contradictions and chance and certainty and fate, all at the same and different times. A place of such infinite complexity that a child could grab its simplicity and an adult be left scratching what’s left of their head should they attempt to understand the enormity and miniscullity of it.

Suffice to say, it is removed from our time and space as we see it. A place of infinite possibilities, where- although it is outside of all reality- all reality and all universes and times cross, where they centralise and become one and split all at the same time. The truth behind the mystery of the universe. Every possible world exists here, every possible universe having a representation here that is their entire content and at the same time, not. A place that is unreachable and at the same time the easiest place to get to.

A place where everything is possible. It is impossible to describe what it looks like, as it is all possible looks at the same time, changing to suit the beholder. Some know it as The Void, others as Infinity. Some may even call it Limbo.
    It is here that our story begins. Or rather, the place where the beginning is beginning, in a small universe tucked away in the corner and centre of the room. All possible universes exist here, next to and around and nowhere near each other, every possible decision, every possible variation on every possible random and planned event having a universe dedicated to it. There are Hell universes, Heaven universes- glimpses of which gave inspiration to many religions- science universes and magic ones, deserted ones and bursting-to full ones, every possibility is covered somewhere.
    This universe is a rarity. It is a completely random universe, created because it was the result of a randominity that occurred and didn’t.

In this small universe, in the corner and centre and side of creation, with its own Gods and Devils, its own Angels and Demons and Hells and Heavens, its own goods and evils and grey areas. Its own worlds that drift in the vast and tiny void of space that the universe contains and is. It is on a small world, orbiting a young star in a small solar system of four planets and two moons that our story takes place in truth. The two moons orbit each other, and they are stuck in turn orbiting a small green and blue planet that is the third from the sun. On this planet – dubbed Arcania by its inhabitants – there are four major landmasses. The first is in the eastern hemisphere, a great continent that stretches across a full two thirds of the planet from north to south, its centre lying on its equator, a giant crescent that dominates the east. This continent is split between three major powers, who have been at war for as long as any of them can remember; the Horselords of Freye to the south, the Legions of Laar in the centre and the hordes of barbarians in Kaar, in the northern tundra. Just west of that great continent is a large island [about the size of Australia] that lies in the middle of that crescent, again on the equator. This is the island of Afraa, home to the Elves – who have built their power on the back of their fleets and their merchants prowess, and who stand aloof from the rest of the worlds petty problems – and the College of Magi on the slopes of Mt. Eytna, a dormant volcano on the northern side of the island. To the west, across the vast Algeian Ocean, there are two continents to the north and south of the equator, separated by only a few hundred miles of ocean, dubbed “The Channel”. The northern Ciolan Republic and the southern Ortan Empire have been at each others throats politically for hundreds of years…it was only a matter of time before the powderkeg blew.

Unannounced, the Republic launched a massive attack on the Empires shores, laying siege to the Port-Fort of Tylea…ambassadors managed to escape before the trap closed, and fled to the far corners of the world to gather support. The Horselords of Freye agreed to aid their longtime allies the Ortanians, and in response the Legions of Laar set out to provide relief to the Republic. The Elves have refused to get involved, and officially the College of Magi have no preference for either side…but there are those mages who have their own sympathies, and have departed of their own accord to fight in the battle.
    This is where you come in. There are hundreds of little villages and massive towns and forts where the ambassadors of both sides cry their pleas to sympathetic ears, whether they be glory-seekers, wealth-hunters or do-gooders, be they driven by revenge or personal gain or something else, warriors flock from all over the land to become involved in what is swiftly becoming a World War. You all start in one of those cities, listening to a desperate recruiter…thing is, which side will you join? Little do you know, this is the start of a grand, terrifying…and world-shattering adventure.

-------------------------------------------------

Everything you need to know is on this page; it details everything you need to know.
    https://anonymatrix.forumotion.com/t1193-an-epic-in-the-making-info-page#35000

This thread is for bio’s; I will post your bio’s here AFTER YOU’VE PMed ME for approval.
    https://anonymatrix.forumotion.com/t1194-an-epic-in-the-making-bio-page#35001

LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR:

After you’ve chosen your race and class, you don’t need to pay attention to the modifiers. I will take care of that…I will tell you when and what to roll. You guys get on with the roleplaying…though I would suggest checking up on your inventory from time to time to keep an eye on it.

BTW, post your rolls in a separate post to your message post, and do NOT edit it to cheat. I'm trusting you guys.

Current Party:
    [Note: I will be giving out "titles" during the RP...watch out for yours!]

- Bruhamoff, High Elf College Mage (Danny)
    - Vilia Torel, High Elf Warrior (Kristie)
    - Harona Ogirn, Dwarf Hunter (Faith)
    - Fealan, Dark Elf Scout (Wraith)

-Inventories will be tracked on the bio page here:

https://anonymatrix.forumotion.com/t1194-an-epic-in-the-making-bio-page#35001

DO NOT POST ON IT!
    If you wish to join, PM me your bio first for approval.

For all of the relevant information on how to play, visit the info page here:

https://anonymatrix.forumotion.com/t1193-an-epic-in-the-making-info-page#35000

And finally, I have drawn a map of the world for your reference. Smile

https://2img.net/h/i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/ninjabreadman1993/P1000069.jpg

ONE MORE THING! Very Happy

The current posting order is as follows:

Danny
    Kristie
    Wraith
    Faith

I may interject with events or requests to roll, and if you wish to skip your go, you may do so once without penalty...the next time, you kinda need a reason.

Last edited by Murdoch on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:55 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

An Epic in the Making (D&D Style RP) - Page 4 Empty Re: An Epic in the Making (D&D Style RP)

Post by Danny Wed May 22, 2013 2:28 pm

ooc - what are you thinking Murdoch. I think Kristie and I are the only one's posting right now.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

An Epic in the Making (D&D Style RP) - Page 4 Empty Re: An Epic in the Making (D&D Style RP)

Post by Wraith Thu May 23, 2013 3:08 am

Ooc :been waiting my turn on here. Being busy packing up recently also hasnt seen me on much for days at a time so...

Fealin stops at an weapons stall to check the wears on display. A curious blade that could could only be a short sword catches his eye. Lifting the sword the dark elf examines the hilt in the mid-afternoon light. Not much of a sword wielder he sets the sword back on the display next to an etched dagger similar to the sword recently returned to its place.

Without bothering to ask Fealin turns away from the curious merchant watching with greedy eyes and continues down the street looking for armory stand. Intead his eyes land on an obviously irritated dwarf at an apothocary display as the vendor sets some coins on the wooden surface. Not seeing many other dwarves in town he forgoes his shopping to instead follow and learn more of this sight before his eyes.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Tue May 28, 2013 6:46 am

I think this is slowly dying, but I am not gonna let it go without a fight...Danny, Wraith and Kristie, you guys keep posting and I'll see if I can badger a few other people int actually coming back. Very Happy
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu May 30, 2013 8:59 pm

OOC- Just waiting on Mr. Danny
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:15 pm

Ooc - My apologies ladies and gents!

Bic - Where should the pair begin? It was an excellent question. Burhamoff looked into the sky and scratched his head and he pondered. "... Mhmm... it's not to late in the day yet..." he spoke to himself, thinking his though process out loud. "But, if memory serves me correctly, there shouldn't be much sea travel later today... mhmm..." he looked back towards the lovely elf and smiled. "I wish I could give you an honest answer as I would much enjoy to help you, but I'm afraid my knowledge in these matters are limited. I would suggest looking into the area outside the town since it is more isolated, but perhaps our target could be hiding in plain sight. I'm afraid I'm going to have to let you decide which you believe to be the better choice. You are, as you say, 'a business woman' who has quite the interest in those with enemies." Burhamoff smiled as he spoke to the elven girl. He did truly want to help her out, but he was sure of himself that she was more than just a business woman.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:31 pm