Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Brandon
Burn It
Danny
Murdoch
8 posters

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 6 Empty First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Murdoch Sat May 21, 2011 3:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok, I said I was going to post this, and I will. I expect people to join, as many people expressed an interest.

Alright. I will keep this simple. It is the year 5052AD, and mankind has long since extended its reach to the stars and outside its solar system. It has encountered many new sentient races, some hostile, some friendly and some who are just trying to get by. The governments of mankind have banded together under one banner, the "true" UNEM; United Nations of Earth and Mankind. It sits on the grand galactic council alongside representatives from every other race in the galaxy, and ostensibly have Human-kinds best interests at heart. However, politics corrupt everything, and every member in the council has their own agenda, even within the parties. The miniature councils that run the solar systems are just as corrupt, allowing bandits and slavers to operate in many of the outlying systems where the UEP- the Universal Enforcers Patrol- have a very weak presence. Whether this is due to lethargy or corruption on the councillors part depends on the system. There are many different groups outside the councils, be they mercenary groups, terrorist groups, bandits or just wealthy, independent businessmen.

Of course, what do we care about this? You are all simple creatures- humans and aliens alike- who live a simple life, living in a colony on the planet Liberty, located in the Terminus System in the far reaches of the galaxy. News from the rest of the galaxy doesn't reach you, and your biggest worries include the occasional bandit raid or whether next years harvest goes rotten. Humans and aliens alike live together, side by side, reacting to each other based solely on personal virtues rather than racial stereotypes. You are all stuck here, after all, and you grew up here; most of your families have lived here since the colony was founded, or close to it. Liberty is an earth-like planet, albeit with different wildlife and a slightly higher climate, and completely isolated, more or less.
    That is, until a ship from an unknown organisation- it could be military, it could be something else- drops out of hyperspace above the planet, and sends down six soldiers of mixed race in a dropship that lands just outside of the colony limits, near the outlying farms. They have heard rumours of a massive attack being planned by an unknown force, and they have been sent to find out why and to hopefully stop it. What in Gods name is about to happen to the peaceful planet of Liberty?

Ok, now most of you will be farmers or shopkeepers or working in personal security...generally an ordinary person leading an ordinary life. Myself and someone else will be playing the military personnel in charge of the other four who were sent down, and sorry guys, but that role has been reserved. This is simply to keep the story moving.
    You can be human or alien, and I will not give you a list of aliens. It will be up to you to invent them yourselves...just PM me with your ideas and I will review them to see if they are viable to include. Alright?
    If you wish to be one of the four soldiers, you may, but I do not want everyone choosing a soldier, and if you choose to be a "grunt" you will be wearing a red shirt. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedShirt

We start just as the dropship is finding a place to land.

Roles:

Civilians:
    -Danny, farmer, Crystalline
    -Faith, Book Shop owner, Human

Soldiers:
    -Murdoch, Scout Leader, Human
    -Jordan [Eljordo], Human

Other:
    -Brandon (Dragon...symbiote...thing...)

Last edited by Murdoch on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 6 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:33 pm

A deep breath and a sigh. Everthing was going well. All the papers were selling fast and the books seemed to be selling at about the same rate. Until that damned girl came in. I didn't know who she was, but she was short, human, and had a voice an octave higher than her body should have allowed. I gritted my teeth. They were here, whomever they were.

They were in the colony, looking about for something, no one was sure of much. Then it happened. They shot up like a bullet from a barrel and walked to the door. Luckily they all had signed their bill before they left or I would have been one unhapy shop keeper.

I took in a deep breath, shaking my head. I stood from where I sat behind the ocunter, looking around. Most of the people didn't even bother to clean their messes with new arrivals and such.

I shook my head, starting toward the closest table. It was best to clean than to be left with a mess. I shook my head, hating this job most of all. Next I would have to restock the holographic cubes in which most people read nowadays. Then the paper ones which I was hoping owuld come back in style.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 6 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Burn It Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:04 pm

So, you guys are in the market/colony/where we are, right? Just a bit confused :S
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:26 am

Yes, we've just entered the colony.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:13 pm

Oh.. That isn’t what I expected to pop out of the trails. By their attire, you could say ‘blending in’ wasn’t in their agenda. Humans.. But where the hell are they from? You could sometimes tell by a person’s colours, design of clothing or amour where they were from.. But personally I hadn’t a damn clue. That doesn’t say much though, I’ve never been anywhere but the colony, so maybe somebody else would recognize them. Black suits, what looked extremely heavy.. But the way they moved, you could see it wasn’t as heavy as you’d first think. Traveling visitors.. Not likely. And I’m positive others who were now grouping around, had similar thoughts to our new guests. They won’t be hostile, they’ll be as hospitable as they can, but they’ll think it. Could they have just had an accident, and maybe be the cause of the crash everyone is talking about? Sure, it could be that simple. Still.. People here, of such a small colony are always at first sketched out by something new. Like me. I wonder where Mom and Dad were? Probably still working down at the markets. I wonder how they’ll react?

“Well.” I said, only raising my voice the slightest bit to make sure Danny could hear me clearly. Their cart hadn’t stopped moving, but the crowd was affecting their speed, so I could blurt a bit before they fully passed. “Not the usual bundles you bring to town, Danny.” It wasn’t said in any specific tone. More just bringing attention to his, and the guests the eyes that are surrounding the lot of them. I didn’t expect an answer, but I knew he’d hear me.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:19 pm

ooc - sorry. Exams. Got two left.

bic - I continued to try and push through the crowd of people. Everyone had really started to crowd around, which was making this much more difficult. We were barely moving. From the crowd, I heard a noise. I wasn't going to pay much attention to it, but with multiple heads turning towards the source at once, it was hard to not look. It was Krisite, by herself, watching our "guests" like everyone else.

She spoke out loud to me, but I wondered if it was really directed towards the men at the back. Nonetheless, I gave a chuckle and smile to her as I headed forward. Most people knew me as "the-guy-with-a-smile-on-his-face". I could get angry, but I chose not to a lot of the times.

There was a break in the crowd before I pulled off to the side of the street and stopped the car. "Alright, we can walk to the tech's shop from here, the crowd isn't helping us," I informed them, before swinging out of the truck and jumping onto the road.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:40 am

Murdoch heaves himself to his feet, checking that everything is still attached- when there are that many people, you never can be sure that something hasn't been taken- and jumps down to the road. The crowd is still milling about, but they are beginning to disperse by one's and two's now that the novelty has worn off. Oh, there will be gawkers remaining to be sure, people who actually want to know what's going on, but most people do have important jobs to do.
    Dusting himself down, Murdoch looks around. "Losing interest so quickly?" He chuckles, "Well, that's good for us...which way is the market?"
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:48 pm

The crowd shifted around. Dying down, moving out, scattering in different directions to return back to what they were doing before the strangers got here. I could see it all happening out the corner of my eyes, but I wasn’t focused on them. No, as the everyone passed by and moved about, I stood still as stone in my one spot.. Watching. Eyeing them, their faces, and their expressions, trying to understand what they were saying from the short distance. I’d been up and down and across them almost a dozen times since they set foot on the ground. What.. I have a curiosity problem, okay? I also don’t like strangers.. Sue me. “Who.. Are you.” You’d have to have had your ear in front of my face in order to hear it. I was muttered to myself, I do it quite a lot. I shifted my body to an angle, so that I could still see Danny and the lot of them in the corner of my eye, but now it wasn’t so bluntly obvious I was staring.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:48 pm

ooc - sorry, I just want to wait until El posts, before we continue
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:22 pm

Ooc:I'm still waiting on Aki
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:23 pm

ooc: Ugh, this is why these things stall! >Sad
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:29 pm

OOC: sorry for the stall guys.

BIC: Jordan looked at the croud outside and groaned to himself. He turned his head toward the driver.

"Whats the quickest way to the market from here? I would rather not have to deal with this croud for very long"
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:05 am

ooc - SORRY!!!! I hadn't realized El posted! Sorry guys, I didn't mean to hold you guys up!

bic - "The Market place...." Danny muttered to himself. "Ah, there are a few ways, but I'm not sure which one would be the least crowded right now," he told the soldiers honestly. He looked around and noticed the Kristie was still in the area, having not really moved.

"Hey Kristie! Come over here a minute! We may need your help!" he called out to her and added a smile as he spoke.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:30 am

Oh for Christ sakes.. What are you doing Danny.. Not being even a picture or mention in their minds is what I’m using to watch them. I can’t really get mad at him; he’s just being the helpful little farm boy that he is, but why did fate have to bring me into this equation? Thing is, I’m terrible at lying under pressure, and that’s what I would be doing the next.. However long I’d be around our guests. There was this one time a family in the colony wanted to buy our house, set us up with money to buy a new one just because of the view we had of the lake out back. It’s a nice view.. Really nice. It’s not a usual thing for people to bargain like businessmen like that, it’s just not the type of people all are.. But they wanted it. Well, when we refused we invited them over for dinner to ‘make sure there were no hard feelings’. I wanted to spit on their faces, but I HAD to be nice to them. Needless to say my sarcasm wasn’t very.. Secretive. I was an interesting night. Now, having to look like a, Danny? Instead of the picky, curious little girl that I’m being right now? Why fate.. Why?

I jerked my head towards Danny, as if I’d actually stopped paying attention to them after my little comment. Pushing, nudging my way through the light crowd I headed over to him without looking right at the lot of them – Not sure how well I was hiding a disappointed facial expression. When I was fianlyl out of everyone’s way, and in the small patch of clearing where Danny stood, I looked out the corner of my eye at one of the men. Up close, it was different. The smug remark I wanted to make about walking eggplants – To go with the dark shine of their attire – seemed like a bad idea.

“What can I do for you?” The smile on his face made it easier to form a natural one of my own. Not so much the ‘happy’ mood.. Just the amusement of how nice he was being to these people.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:28 pm

"Well," Danny started as he glanced between the soldiers and Kristie. "I was wondering if you would happen to know the quickest or quietest route to get to the technicians." Danny paused and looked at the soldiers and the smile that was on his face faded. He realized he still hadn't known their names.

"I'm sorry," he started again. "I was going to introduce you all, but-" he stopped to laugh in a slight embarrassment. "-but I don't know the names of the people I'm helping."
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:18 am

Murdoch stays silent throughout the exchange, even though he can tell he got an appraising look from the girl- who looked about to say something, then changed it as she got closer; it's a difficult thing to learn, body signals, but when you do, it tells you a lot more than what they say. It tells you what they didn't say. Although, that doesn't mean he knows what she was going to say, only that she didn't say it- and he allows Danny to do the talking. When they come up, though, he shifts his weight and speaks up.
    "We didn't give our names, sir. But I suppose it is only fair, since we know yours and are about to know hers. I am Captain Murdoch, the chief Scout aboard the Justice, and this is Jordan, my second in command. We are pleased to make your acquaintance, provided you are not planning to murder us when we aren't looking."
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:39 am

He doesn’t know their names.. He.. How does he know who he’s helping than?! It’s okay.. Vent later.. Calm.. Relax.. At least they told you what they were now. None of them sounded familiar, probably for a good reason, so it didn’t help as much as I thought it would. “Through the farmer’s paths.” I said, rather flatly, and gestured my hands to the direction we’d have to go to get to them. “The main trails go around them, but the paths go straight through, you’ll be there in half the time.” There was still little emotion in my voice. Like I’d been speaking to them rather than to Danny. I should stop seeming so irritated by their presence.. Or I won’t get so far.

I turned to the man who introduce himself and his friend, and with no particular enthusiasm, but still a small ‘happy’ appeal I answered. “Personally I prefer taking those out in their sleep, not so much noise.” I think I even smiled, at my own joke.. God that’s pathetic. Well, if I didn’t then, I smiled now in a way that says I was being sarcastic. “Kristie, please to meet the both of you.” I turned from them, and looked between Danny and the direction of the paths, “So, can you handle it from here, or shall I guide you?”
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:15 pm

"I think your presence would be enjoyable," Danny smiled at her before he turn to the soldiers. "And it's good to finally meet you, officially." Danny liked to think that you don't really begin to know a person until you know their name.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:13 pm

Murdoch has to laugh at the girls comments- Kristie, was it?- and nod his agreement. "Aye, I agree...much less messy, as well. However, that wouldn't work with Jordan...I don't think he sleeps, so much...waits." He shakes his head and claps Jordan on the back, as if to say he's only kidding- which he is, mostly- and looks at Danny. "Well? Where is the farmers trail? We're new here, obviously, so we aren't exactly up to date on your terms."
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:29 pm

Jordan grins at the comment, it was exaggerated obviously, but it was still worth a grin.

"Either way I'm ready to move on, we have little time to waste."
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:32 pm

Little time? In a rush, are we? I didn’t think our company was THAT terrible. “Well then, we’d better head out. There are three ways into the paths, but we’ll take the far right. Most aren’t away it’s the shorter.” I’d been looking between the men and Danny while speaking. Now, I turned my attention the two men, looking between them specifically with a very nuertal expression. “One more, if you.. Gentlemen, don’t mind. When we arrive at the colony.. It would be better to look like you’re being escorted, and not just sneaking through the paths with a couple of villagers. So, I’ll lead the front, you gentlemen in the middle, Danny in the back. It may sound silly.. But it’ll help when we get there, trust me.” And it’ll ease my mind a bit to know we’ve got eyes on them. I would need to lead.. So I couldn’t watch them from the back of me.. But Danny could. Hopefully.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:15 am

"Brilliant!" Danny beamed, happy they were getting somewhere - both figuratively and literally. "Awesome idea Kristie, I never would of thought of that," he smiled and motioned forward for them to head towards the paths. He assumed, hopefully correctly, that he'd be taking the back of the pack to overlook everything, so he waited for them to moved.

He wondered though, that he may be to welcoming, or to friendly off the bat, maybe a bit too trusting? Watching Kristie now, it made Danny think. Of course he didn't think he really did anything wrong, but maybe using a bit more precaution in these situations would be applicable.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:14 am

A deep breath ran through my body. What was this? Were these the men that everyone was freaking out about. I shook my head, having pulled my head through the white curtain to look outside to the people grouped around in several locations talking and working. I shook my head. They had lost intrest in these men quickly, more quickly then they usually had.

I shook my head, looking around. What was this? Was this just forget about the intruders day? I coughed, turning back to my box of holographic cubes. If you didn't set them up right they could all get mixed up in a jumbly mess! That would have been bad.

I took in a deep breath, a smile on my lips. This is what I loved. Books and reading. Just because the colony publishers didn't like my work didn't mean I couldn't like other's. I coughed lightly, a smile on my lips. This was too much to do in one day, but I was bound to do it one way or another. Whether those men came into my shop or rampaged the next, I would be happy with my work.

Ooc- All I can post for now, I'm sorry guys, I still have two more weeks of this and I've decided not to post on my phone. I'll try to get on my ipod now that I have a log-in code for the thing, sorry....Bye
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:58 am

Murdoch raises an eyebrow; the girl obviously is the more dominant of the two, having taken charge instantly and with almost no hesitation. She is obviously a very dominant person, and that is worth remembering. Instead of saying this, he merely nods, smiling, and says "Well? What are we waiting for?"

ooc:

Sorry for the short post....a little busy...
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:35 pm

I nodded, glad that they’d at least cooperated with my.. Forceful suggestions, rather than put up a stink as to why it was so important. They were very.. Low profile, if you ask me. Sometimes I wonder why I’m so bloody paranoid about everything.. But my gut was very opinionated. Whenever it’s got a strong feeling, it usually ends up being because I’m missing something important.. But I haven’t been able to see what! I wonder if Danny is thinking the same thing? Or he really is happy-go-lucky about this whole thing right now? If he was.. I’d need to stop underestimating him.. He’s good at covering what he thinks.

“Let’s move then.” I shuffled between the two of them, making the short way to the farmer’s paths and waiting for them, to make sure they clearly see which one I’m going into. I gestured my hand for them to follow me, and then saw a couple people were eyeing me from a bit aways. Curious.. They looked. Good, let them be. At least now I’m not the only bloody one.

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:00 am

ooc: Juuuust waiting for everybody else....Kristie, sorry I haven't replied on our one on one, a bit busy ATM but I will post ASAP. I think I've committed myself to a few too many RP's...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:28 am