Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Brandon
Burn It
Danny
Murdoch
8 posters

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 12 Empty First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Murdoch Sat May 21, 2011 3:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok, I said I was going to post this, and I will. I expect people to join, as many people expressed an interest.

Alright. I will keep this simple. It is the year 5052AD, and mankind has long since extended its reach to the stars and outside its solar system. It has encountered many new sentient races, some hostile, some friendly and some who are just trying to get by. The governments of mankind have banded together under one banner, the "true" UNEM; United Nations of Earth and Mankind. It sits on the grand galactic council alongside representatives from every other race in the galaxy, and ostensibly have Human-kinds best interests at heart. However, politics corrupt everything, and every member in the council has their own agenda, even within the parties. The miniature councils that run the solar systems are just as corrupt, allowing bandits and slavers to operate in many of the outlying systems where the UEP- the Universal Enforcers Patrol- have a very weak presence. Whether this is due to lethargy or corruption on the councillors part depends on the system. There are many different groups outside the councils, be they mercenary groups, terrorist groups, bandits or just wealthy, independent businessmen.

Of course, what do we care about this? You are all simple creatures- humans and aliens alike- who live a simple life, living in a colony on the planet Liberty, located in the Terminus System in the far reaches of the galaxy. News from the rest of the galaxy doesn't reach you, and your biggest worries include the occasional bandit raid or whether next years harvest goes rotten. Humans and aliens alike live together, side by side, reacting to each other based solely on personal virtues rather than racial stereotypes. You are all stuck here, after all, and you grew up here; most of your families have lived here since the colony was founded, or close to it. Liberty is an earth-like planet, albeit with different wildlife and a slightly higher climate, and completely isolated, more or less.
    That is, until a ship from an unknown organisation- it could be military, it could be something else- drops out of hyperspace above the planet, and sends down six soldiers of mixed race in a dropship that lands just outside of the colony limits, near the outlying farms. They have heard rumours of a massive attack being planned by an unknown force, and they have been sent to find out why and to hopefully stop it. What in Gods name is about to happen to the peaceful planet of Liberty?

Ok, now most of you will be farmers or shopkeepers or working in personal security...generally an ordinary person leading an ordinary life. Myself and someone else will be playing the military personnel in charge of the other four who were sent down, and sorry guys, but that role has been reserved. This is simply to keep the story moving.
    You can be human or alien, and I will not give you a list of aliens. It will be up to you to invent them yourselves...just PM me with your ideas and I will review them to see if they are viable to include. Alright?
    If you wish to be one of the four soldiers, you may, but I do not want everyone choosing a soldier, and if you choose to be a "grunt" you will be wearing a red shirt. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedShirt

We start just as the dropship is finding a place to land.

Roles:

Civilians:
    -Danny, farmer, Crystalline
    -Faith, Book Shop owner, Human

Soldiers:
    -Murdoch, Scout Leader, Human
    -Jordan [Eljordo], Human

Other:
    -Brandon (Dragon...symbiote...thing...)

Last edited by Murdoch on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 12 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Burn It Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:59 pm

With the chest open, I moved to the other side of the house and up the stairs to where the bedrooms were all placed. Only three rooms took up the entire upper floor, so they were somewhat large. One belonged to my parents, the other was mine, and the spare was for visiting relatives that we get once a month. The house itself is not exactly big, but most homes have more than three rooms upstairs, but we felt there was no need for anything but the bedrooms up stairs. The long dress I’d been wearing had been a bother earlier on sneaking around in the bushes, so a change of attire was needed before going back. A long dark brown shirt, no sleeves, and a very baggy pair of pants. Nothing special, simple, easy to move around in. The bagginess was something I’d need to conceal the daggers I’m hiding, and the firework bombs in the pockets. I also planned to hide a small knife that’s incased in a thick leather carrier in the back of my pants waistband. I don’t why I want to bring weapons.. But it’s always better to have something and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

I continued back downstairs to the chest, took what I needed, set them on the table and closed the chest back with the fake lock. With any luck, if my parents get home before I get back, which is extremely likely, they won’t notice it been touched. I took two of the firework bombs; one for me, and one for Brandon. The two daggers I’d pulled out (What they look like is in my bio) were already in their leather cases that were attached to a strap, made to either connect the two of them to place around your waist, or to put one on each thigh, which is what I did. The pants would hide them, and there was no chance of them cutting my skin with their cases. The small knife fit in my waistband, and if it fell out I wasn’t too worried. It’s a common knife that can easily be replaced.

“Brandon, get in here already!” I called out, standing in my living room waiting for him to hurry up. I still needed to tell him what was going on, and where we were going, if he wants to go.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 12 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Murdoch Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Murdoch looks at her, smiling slightly. Is that the best she can do? If she were trying to trick some information out of him, that wasn't a very good attempt. Or maybe it's an attempt to lull him into a false sense of security...that would be rather cunning, so he should be on guard from that. "We're on a mission," he says as he ducks into the office, "we dropped out of hyperspace near your planet. We were on our way to a Station nearby, and needed supplies. Our ship crashed due to some shoddy repairs done a week or so ago, and here we are." None of that is a lie, exactly...although the conclusion she'll likely draw is the wrong one. The mission was this planet; they were headed to the station to register their mission with the officials there, and decided to launch a scouting mission as they passed the planet, to ascertain the status of the colony. They were low on supplies as well, but that isn't the reason they scouted...of course, he didn't say that it was the reason. Association will lead her to conclude that, of course...and, of course, they did crash land due to bad repairs! That part is 100% true and not a bending of the truth!
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Jordan thought her attempt to get them to spill info laughable. He didn't really mind however, at least she wasn't demanding or rude about it, but she was bad at covering it up. Jordan cut in after Murdoch was done speaking.

"Bottom line is our bird is down, and we need to fly again." Jordan said. Really thats all she needed to know, she didn't even need to know about any mission.

"Now we need to get these parts, and then we will be on our way"
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:44 pm

You could tell which one were more brains than brawn. His long drawn-out explanation was easily followed, but it allowed me to make my own deductions from the information he had given. I would have to be on my guard for that. I couldn’t make conclusions until I got more information.

We had come to a halt in the small office, their movements could be recognized at guarded. They were hiding something. The owner would conclude as much, and put up his guard if they walked around like they had been. I took in a short breath before taking a step to the left of the two.
    “This is your business. I will assist if need be. You two are big boys, I think you can handle yourself from here” I looked them both over before placing my hands behind my back. I wouldn’t ask questions. I needed to, but they did need to have their minds on what they were doing. They needed to remember that they were on a foreign planet, and not everyone would be as nice as I had been. They would come to see this. The owner, as I had heard through the grapevine, was a bitter old sod.

ooc- Not perfect, but you know why...
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:42 am

Murdoch inclines his head slightly, as if thanking her for the advice- he had already concluded that, even before landing on this planet; people are the same wherever you go in the universe. Some are nice, and some are...not so nice, but it's always a good idea to be polite- and advances further into the office. The office isn't large, just a small square of space underneath what looks like a particularly large mound of scrap, the ceiling being held up by what looks like several beams running across the length of the roof. There's a small wooden desk on the far side with a small bell made out of what looks like the brake disc of a small motorcycle. Next to the desk is a door that probably leads to another room or outside...he isn't really sure.
    He moves over and, looking around, rings the bell. The sound echoes in the enclosed space, and pretty soon Murdoch can hear something on the edges of his hearing. It sounds like some foul-tempered muttering and cursing, and it's getting closer. Murdoch suppresses a sigh and braces himself; it looks like he's going to have to deal with another grumpy colonist.

Ooc: I won't be here next week...on holiday and all that. Jordan, Faith, I need you two to bug the people who have yet to post, really give them a kick. I don't want to come back and find that my post is still the most recent one. Ok? Thank you.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:11 pm

ooc: Holy poop! sorry guys...life called for my attention. Lol finally got a job though...starting next week. Smile Posting today!
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:43 pm

I perked up and reacted to my name, running into Kristie's home quickly. But quietly. I stepped in and followed her bio signature through the folds in my "hair". I found her crouching in front of an old chest.
    I cocked my head to the side slightly and crossed my arms. "What's this?"
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:27 pm

I shut the chest closed and returned it to how I found it, making sure that it would go unnoticed entirely that I’d been into it. Using one knee I stood back up, and turned to face Brandon who had finally shown up after a couple minutes of yelling for him. I had been thinking of a plan for us the whole way here, and part of me standing here now.

IF there are others, and IF they’re at this site, then they know I’m coming. That’s a given. But they don’t know how he is, and they don’t know that there’s an average human man on his way there. I go in first, they’ll knowingly see me, and perhaps I can get their attention all focused on me while Brandon tries to find out whatever he can. If he gets caught? He was just curious, and they’ll send him packing without a hassle. It may be a waste, but it’s worth a shot if we can get even the slightest idea to why they’re here, right?

“Here, stick this in your pocket.” I tossed one of the firework bombs at him, and pulled out my own to show him. “Smash it on the ground, and it’ll light up red. Should draw some attention if we need it..” I paused, walked past him and poked my head outside my front door. I glanced up and down my streets and listened as best I could for anyone coming, especially my parents. When I thought the way was clear, I turned back to Brandon, “Oh, I should probably mention. We’re going to the crash site. You don’t like those men from earlier? Well, neither do I. I want to know a bit more about them.. I’ll explain on the way, if you’re in that is.”
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:22 pm

A large grin became apparent on my even blue face as I walked past her, to the road.
    "Well you know me, Kristie, always up for an adventure!" I tossed my bomb in the air, making it spin before catching it and sliding it into a side pocket. My smile shrank to a complacent grin as I thought of all the human interaction that might be avaliable if I meet more of these outsiders. They were interesting in how quickly they underestimated us "simple folk".
    I turned to Kristie just as she made it onto the road next to me, "So.....Tell me the plan as we walk."
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:33 am

There was bustling in the market, people going about their own thing. Danny sighed, sort of bored. After walking around a few minutes, Danny decided to head back to his farm. Things could still be done there, even with the crash interference. The two men from earlier - the ones that Kristie and himself had helped - had traveled to the colony by truck. Danny's truck to be more specific, which meant that the hour walk back to his farm is now only a ten minute drive.

The truck was just where he left it, and it put a smile on Danny's face. Hoping it, Danny started the truck and it began to levitate in the air. Once the engines were online, his truck began to bob up and down before he headed on his way back to the farm. On his way back to the farm however, Danny noticed Kristie and Brandon heading towards Danny's farm. This stroked him ass odd, so he pulled up beside them and stopped.

The crash site!! It's not far from the farm and I doubt they want some produce they can get at the market, Danny though. "Need a ride? Just headin' back to the farm," Danny said with a smile, waiting for them to hop in. Despite what he told himself, Danny was rather curious to see what these two were up too.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:52 pm

An older looking man approached the front desk, he had a certain anger radiating from him.

"Yes, yes what the he'll do you two want?" the man grumbled.

Jordan just chuckled, this was going to be fun.

"Listen, we need some ship parts, a new thrus capacitor..." Jordan was interrupted.

"How bout you save us both some time and just give me a list of the things you don't want!" the man snapped.

He must be related to the other girl.

"Listen, I don't know who pissed in your coffee this morning and I don't care. We just need some parts."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:39 pm

The other stepped up, I looked him over a moment before keeping silent behind them. The man was rather rude, and it didn’t strike as odd that he had this job just for that reason. Usually if no one liked you, you ran a business where you didn’t have to work with people on a regular basis. It was just how most people around here worked.

I gave him a looked over, giving him a sweet smile from behind. They weren’t ‘killing them with kindness’ as it could have been said. I smiled, taking a step forward. I pulled out my colony card, showing him that I was part of the Colony.
    “What section of the yard do you keep your ship parts and sheet metal?” I spoke with a soft voice, a smile on my lips as I leaned over the counter.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:17 am

Murdoch rolls his eyes as Jordan steps up and handles things with typical bad grace. He means well, but he is quick to anger and quicker to run his mouth. Mouthing off to the shop owner is not a good way to get what they want, after all, and when they're stranded in a colony that could easily turn on them, it certainly isn't a good thing. The last thing they need is to have to start shooting their way out of an aggressive colony, just because Jordan couldn't keep his mouth shut. Still, the man is being rude, so maybe it will take something a little sweeter to pry the information out of him.
    He steps up beside the girl, offering his friendliest smile. "Please, sir, my friend means no disrespect. It has been a trying day on both of us, and we would like to browse your scrap metal for parts that we need urgently, if you don't mind," he says. The old man- who was looking at Jordan so furiously Murdoch was worried he was about to draw a weapon- calms a little, turning to Faith and Murdoch, visibly and pointedly ignoring Jordan. "You need scrap?" Murdoch nods, "I have scrap. You have money?"
    Murdoch reaches into his pocket and draws out his credit chit. The old man snorts. "Where would I use credits, boy? Do you see an Alliance outpost anywhere nearby?" Murdoch holds his tongue, and looks at Faith. If she's going to help, then she should do it now.

-------------------------------

Tarya regards the small clearing slowly, lips clenched tight in dissatisfaction. There is precious little cover if things get out of hand with the visitor- or visitors plural, should she gather reinforcements- and she doesn't want any civilian deaths on her hands. She's pretty sure that as long as they don't outnumber the crew currently here, they can take them on and win bloodlessly, but as an ancient Old-Earth strategist said, "No plan survives first contact". Anything could happen once they've gotten here, and they need to be prepared. They've already set up their positions; The Dwarves have taken up position inside the forest, their stealth modes activated; they are within sight of the road, and unless the reveal themselves, it will be very unlikely that their invisible suits will be spotted. Edward is on the other side of the road, also having activated his stealth mode, to catch anyone who decides to run. Tarya herself is standing in front of the stealthed shuttle, in the centre of the apparently empty clearing, even the smoke having been quenched. Murdochs orders in this kind of situation are clear; detain the intruders, find out how much they know, and then release or keep them accordingly. Try to keep bodily harm to a minimum, unless they commence hostilities. At that point, use reasonable force to subdue them.
    Tarya shifts her weight, taking off her helmet and allowing her hair to shake free down her back. Her curved, slight angular face shows a brief look of relief as she allows her helmet to fall to the ground as she shakes out her long blonde hair, brushing it with her fingers. Whoever designed the armour didn't have hair in mind...her hairs all tangled now, and it's a bitch to straighten out. Although, she'd wager her suit is a lot more comfortable than the others; the mens suits are all rather boxy, very obviously body armour in the style of the videogames that have populated Human history...hers is far more fitted to her, following every dip and curve of her body. It fits her like a robotic glove, to the point where sometimes she has to look down to make sure she's actually wearing it. She'll say one thing; these suits are certainly comfortable.
    So. Not much left to do but wait.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:05 pm

My smile had almost dropped with the man’s response. Oh how I wanted to reach over the counter and give him just on good smack in his electronic hearing aid. Of course, I controlled myself, keeping the sweet smile on my lips.

I looked over to Murdoch, giving him my own sweet-er smile, showing him that I disliked giving this man money in any form. I shook my head, fishing under my cloak for the other card. I produced a small clip, a smile on my lips.

“Here we go, colony Credits will do you just fine” I spoke simply, pressing the small button, a holographic information card lit up, and I placed it on the counter, next to my Colony ID.

“There should be enough on there for whatever they may need.”
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:45 pm

"Well, I've done a good job at pissing off the men that are in the village, so if there's anyone like them at the site still.. They'll know I'm coming. God only knows what type of technology they have. The plan so far, is simple; we separate just before we get to the site and go in alone to find out as much as we can. I'll probably be seen if anyone's there, so if I do I'll just deal with it and head back, if I get to. You go in, and if you get caught they'll think you're just a villager who's curious.. Let you off easy. If things go south, we set off the firework bombs and draw EVERYONE to the site." Just as I finished explaining the plan to Brandon, I could hear the footsteps of horses pounding against the dusty paths. Danny, what a surprise! I thought for certain he'd still be stuck with the visitors.. Must have pawned them off to someone else. Perhaps he should come along? We could use the help.. But then again, maybe he'd be more useful staying behind. If we don't show up within the hour, he'd know something went wrong.. Drag the people to the site and discover.. Whatever happens. I suppose it'll be his choice.

"It beats walking there." I answered, shrugging my shoulders and climbing aboard with a thankful smile towards Danny.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:58 pm

ooc: Dan-Dan to the rescue! haha

bic: "Hm." I paused. "Interesting plan. Not very organized, but we don't have much to go on at the moment." I turned to see Danny pull up in a truck and a large grin spred across my face. I allowed Kristie to get in before getting in next to her. I nodded to Danny in thanks, since Kristie already spoke for us. "But, one thing Kristie..." I glanced at Danny, not sure if he should be allowed to hear what was going on, but he is trustworthy, so I shrugged it off. "Personally, I feel like I would be a better distraction...considering how well I treated the men who decided to stroll into our town so casually." I smirked. "I don't think I will necssicarily have to become physical with whoever is ther, but I can become a fasinating being. Since I'm so curious and such. But don't get me wrong...if you have a particular set-up in mind we can go with that. I was just opening up suggestion...." I looked to Danny again, "And now since HE's heard quite a bit...maybe bringing a third wouldn't hurt?"
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:34 am

Murdoch inclines his head in thanks, turning back to the old curmudgeon. His face hasn't changed, save for a small twitch of an eyebrow that might have been surprise. Besides that, his face is still just as sour...maybe that's why this place is so hard to get to; the people had enough of him and sealed him in here.
    Still, he grunts a little, and brings up a small holographic screen. Murdoch looks at it closely, and realises that it's an inventory list. He scrolls through it, ticking the items they need, and pretty soon he presses the checkout button on the touchscreen. The old man looks at it, grunts again, and the screen flickers off. "That will be 136 Colony credits," he mutters, "And the lads will load that lot into a truck for you to take wherever you're going. One of the lads will go with you, make sure you don't try and take the truck as well..." he grumbles a little, and Murdoch looks back to Faith. "Are you ok paying for our stuff?" he asks. He isn't sure how, but he will reimburse her somehow.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:25 am

He isn’t impressed with me bringing out a credits card, just like he most likely wouldn’t be impressed with anything we had to offer. He only snorts, bringing up a rather old looking holographic screen. He probably didn’t see much business from the colony, and when business did come through that door he had to use for food and necessities.
    Only 136 Credits. That wasn’t as bad as It could have been. I passed over the card, the smile forced on my lips. Those credits could have been going to something else in my own shop. Coffee, books, anything!

I sighed quietly, shaking my head as Murdoch spoke. Now he was having second thoughts about my help! I rolled my eyes, turning around the face the two of them.

“Just take this as a Welcome-To-The-Colony present.” I smiled lightly, turning back around to take my Identification and Credits card from where they sat on the counter.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:11 pm

Sorry, waiting for everyone else.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:58 pm

OOC- I'm just waiting for Danny before I go on Brandon Razz But if that isn't by tomorrow, I'll post (Y)
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:43 pm

ooc - sorry guys!!!!

bic - Brandon and Kristie hopped in rather quickly. Danny smiled at them and began to drive. Once the truck began to hover off the dusty ground, they sped off towards his farm. As they drove however, Danny couldn't help but hearing Kristie and Brandon speak. Occasionally he would glance back, his eyebrow raised, but he never said anything. It wasn't until after Brandon spoke that Danny did... Or at least tried too.

"Me? Oh I've... Well I'm not really.... I can help?" Danny spoke unsure of what was really going on. "If... That's okay!"
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:49 pm

OOC: Sorry i haven't posted on this RP in a bit :/

BIC:

---Ten minutes later---

The man approaches the counter again, as pissed off as ever.

"Yer trucks out back, now take your parts and get out of my face!" He grumbles.

Jordan just laughs in disbelief.

"Yes, because I'm enjoying our interactions JUST as much a you are"

He turns to Murdoch.

"Shall we take our leave?"
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:59 pm

Murdoch just rolls his eyes. It may have been a long wait, but Jordan really needs to learn to try and be polite. Who knows what will happen in the future, and one day one of the people he's rude to will be important later on. At that point, he may regret being so brusque. Of course, this mans temper is getting annoying to Murdoch as well, so he supposes it must be grating on Jordan as well.
    "Aye, we shall. This good man," he indicates the old man, who snorts derisively, "Has taken his fee, so I think we should be getting back. The sooner we've repaired our ship, the better." He turns to Faith. "I must thank you again, miss. Be assured, you will be compensated for this. Would you like a lift back to the town proper? Or would you prefer to walk?"
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:43 pm

The man returned about ten minutes after I had payed. I had meant to strike up conversation during that time, but for some reason, I didn’t. I shook my head as the male came back, and Jordan popped off. He would learn here or there that everyone isn’t as nice as some of the people in this colony. Even if this prune wasn’t the best man to converse with to prove that our colony was delightful in itself.
    Murdoch spoke, and I turned, looking him over as he spoke. I hadn’t even gotten any information out of them that the papers had wanted. I sighed quietly, looking toward the door a moment. This would give me a few minutes to try and get something out of them, and maybe I could pump my business a little bit. Even if this man wouldn’t take their credit Chit, I would!

“I guess I’ll get a ride. I don’t really feel the need to fight market crowds to get back to work” I nodded to myself, taking slow steps toward the door.“Shall we boys?”
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:06 pm

Murdoch inclines his head, and takes the lead through the door that the old man is waiting at with ungracious impatience. It isn't that chivalry is dead; it's just a precaution. A fighter goes through any doorway first, followed by the more vulnerable members of the party, and then by another top fighter. It might sound condescending, but it's true; they have armour and weapons, and she doesn't. Ergo, she is more vulnerable than them. The chances of a trap aren't high, but you can never be too careful.
    They walk through a small tunnel made of yet more scrap and only dimly lit by the odd weak, sputtering light, until the old man calls a stop. He wiggles his way past- complaining bitterly all the way- and then bags three times on a large piece of aluminium to their right. There's silence for a few moments, and then the aluminium groans and is peeled away, revealing two or three rather large lads in vests, all lounging around a wide-ish truck. It's large enough for three to sit abrest in the front, and the three youths will obviously be sitting on specially rigged seats laid out in the open trailer. The scrap that they just bought is piled up in the back behind the youths, with a small trailer attached to the back with the excess. Murdoch climbs out of the tunnel after the old man, and turns to help Faith out. "Looks like we have a ride and an escort..." He murmurs quietly under his breath so only Jordan and Faith can hear, before turning around to greet the young lads cheerily. They don't look impressed.
    Tough crowd...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:58 am