Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Brandon
Burn It
Danny
Murdoch
8 posters

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 8 Empty First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Murdoch Sat May 21, 2011 3:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok, I said I was going to post this, and I will. I expect people to join, as many people expressed an interest.

Alright. I will keep this simple. It is the year 5052AD, and mankind has long since extended its reach to the stars and outside its solar system. It has encountered many new sentient races, some hostile, some friendly and some who are just trying to get by. The governments of mankind have banded together under one banner, the "true" UNEM; United Nations of Earth and Mankind. It sits on the grand galactic council alongside representatives from every other race in the galaxy, and ostensibly have Human-kinds best interests at heart. However, politics corrupt everything, and every member in the council has their own agenda, even within the parties. The miniature councils that run the solar systems are just as corrupt, allowing bandits and slavers to operate in many of the outlying systems where the UEP- the Universal Enforcers Patrol- have a very weak presence. Whether this is due to lethargy or corruption on the councillors part depends on the system. There are many different groups outside the councils, be they mercenary groups, terrorist groups, bandits or just wealthy, independent businessmen.

Of course, what do we care about this? You are all simple creatures- humans and aliens alike- who live a simple life, living in a colony on the planet Liberty, located in the Terminus System in the far reaches of the galaxy. News from the rest of the galaxy doesn't reach you, and your biggest worries include the occasional bandit raid or whether next years harvest goes rotten. Humans and aliens alike live together, side by side, reacting to each other based solely on personal virtues rather than racial stereotypes. You are all stuck here, after all, and you grew up here; most of your families have lived here since the colony was founded, or close to it. Liberty is an earth-like planet, albeit with different wildlife and a slightly higher climate, and completely isolated, more or less.
    That is, until a ship from an unknown organisation- it could be military, it could be something else- drops out of hyperspace above the planet, and sends down six soldiers of mixed race in a dropship that lands just outside of the colony limits, near the outlying farms. They have heard rumours of a massive attack being planned by an unknown force, and they have been sent to find out why and to hopefully stop it. What in Gods name is about to happen to the peaceful planet of Liberty?

Ok, now most of you will be farmers or shopkeepers or working in personal security...generally an ordinary person leading an ordinary life. Myself and someone else will be playing the military personnel in charge of the other four who were sent down, and sorry guys, but that role has been reserved. This is simply to keep the story moving.
    You can be human or alien, and I will not give you a list of aliens. It will be up to you to invent them yourselves...just PM me with your ideas and I will review them to see if they are viable to include. Alright?
    If you wish to be one of the four soldiers, you may, but I do not want everyone choosing a soldier, and if you choose to be a "grunt" you will be wearing a red shirt. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedShirt

We start just as the dropship is finding a place to land.

Roles:

Civilians:
    -Danny, farmer, Crystalline
    -Faith, Book Shop owner, Human

Soldiers:
    -Murdoch, Scout Leader, Human
    -Jordan [Eljordo], Human

Other:
    -Brandon (Dragon...symbiote...thing...)

Last edited by Murdoch on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 8 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Brandon Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:06 pm

My smile continues on my face as I reply to the stranger. "I was simply interested in how your species would react in this situation. I was hoping...seeing as you are a soldier of some sorts, that you would have at least only equipped your blade. Considering the fact that I'm not armed."

My smile dissipated. "I was hoping you would spar with me, in hopes that I could possibly increase my skills. Going up against something new, unlocks my ability to train myself from only seeing or interacting. So I can know how to handle it correctly."

My smile returned, as I finished, and I ran a hand over my tendrils. "So...if you aren't too busy..."
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 8 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Murdoch Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:28 pm

"You could have just asked," he says, voice still cold as the heart of winter, "Had you attacked my companion here," he gestures towards Jordan, "we wouldn't be having this conversation. As for your assumption that I would only draw my blade...why would you assume that?" He allows a cold sneer to cross his face. "I am military. We learn early on not to give away any advantage, no matter how small...and since I was attacked from behind, I think drawing both weapons is fairly intelligent. Or maybe you just have an overly-romaticized view of combat. So. Which is it? Are you stupid or naive?" Ok, maybe not the best diplomacy in the world, but this moron has stoked his anger, and he has to make clear that he is not to be messed with. There is only one thing he despises more than stupidity, and that's needless aggression. Besides, this Asari may well be saying these things to get into a good position to kill him.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:15 pm

ooc: Lol that made laugh after looking at your deadpool signature.

bic: There was too much conversation happening here. I was bored. Not quite the reaction I was hoping for.

Quickly, I reached down and grabbed a handful of dirt, making sure there were a few rocks as well. I stepped forward and rolled. When my head was making its way up back to facing him, I let the dirt and rocks fly. While I was still in this balled up position, I kicked against the ground and launched myself at him. The tackle, taking us into a building before bouncing off and wrestling to the ground.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:02 pm

I shook my head, shivereing, I walked lightly toward one of the back alleys of the market. There were noises from somewhere farther down. Grunts, and talking, and thuds of something hitting the wall.

I shook my head, fiddling with the plasma box-cutter I had forgotten to put up. The cloak covered my body, and my head, making me look like a formless black thing. I stopped as I saw a few people together. Two were doing something, fighting? Rolling around on the gound. I noticced one of them. I had seem him already once today, and it made me groan quietly as I pushed myself into some of the trees that were growing large out of the ground. Was he stupid?

What was I saying? It was Brandon, of course he was. I smiled lightly, shaking my head as I watched from the trees.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:27 am

ooc: You do of course realise that in real life, he would have just shot you? No way you can bend down quickly and grab some dirt and then throw them at him fast enough for him to not get shot by someone who was paying attention. But meh...I'll play.

Ic:

Murdoch follows him with his gun, about to fire, but he hesitates for a moment; this colony may well not care that this Asari started it. A dead colonist now will turn them against him, and at this angle, he can't guarantee that the colonist will survive. He could shoot the leg, but he can't get a clear shot...
    That hesitation is enough for the alien to crash into him, knocking his gun out of his hand, although he does manage to keep a firm grip on his blade in his right hand. The dust and rocks only skittered off of his helmet, so there's no problem there, and the smash against the building and then the floor only shook him up a little. Now to deal with this moron on top of him, wriggling like a dead fish. He may have attacked, but he won't be taken off guard again.

Bringing his knee up swiftly, he brings it crunching into the aliens groinal area, his armoured knee crashing into the part about 50% of all humans hold as very, very dear. Hey; fighting fair is just handicapping yourself. Show him someone who fights fair, he'll show you someone with limited options.
    Using the distraction of the knee, Murdoch brings the pommel of his blade smashing into the side of the aliens head; ok, he isn't pulling any punches, but this guy attacked him, even after his warnings. Although he won't kill him, he'll make sure he doesn't try it again.

The man stays put stubbornly, if a little dazed, but Murdoch is able to crunch the pommel into the mans side, spilling him off, allowing Murdoch to roll away. He gets to his feet quickly, watching the Asari for any sign of movement. He will not be caught off guard again,
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:24 pm

I was separated from the men by a 30ft gap that placed them at the upper part of the hill, and me down below just bordering the market. How come they're just standing there? Oddly I couldn't understand very clearly what was going on, but the shots of loud voices being exchanged were enough to make me go back up the hill. As if they weren't being enough of a pester, now they're stal- Brandon? Why was he here? And with a look on his face towards the guests that would worry anyone. He looked.. Essentially.. Cocky. Like he was going to gain something in the next couple seconds and his face was gloting it. What is he trying to start now?

All of a sudden, he jumped.. Ran.. Charged, however you'd like to put it, towards one of the men. He was.. FIGHTING them?! And the man was responding! I mean.. Sure, defend yourself, but it looks like he was having fun with him. Does no one understand the concept of 'low profile'? As much as I wanted to cuss out the men again, it was almost obvious that they were not the ones who began the fight.. It was Brandon. Lovely.

The man - I should try and get his name again - Got Brandon off him, but in now way look finished. MEN. I finshed getting up the hill and made my way towards the space between the two of them, "STOP. Fight's over!" I turned my attention to the man who was fighting Brandon, "You, not the best idea." I snapped my head from him to Brandon, sighing before I spoke, "What are you doing? No, I'll tell you what you're doing: You're causing trouble, and in probably the most careless way." I was beginning to sound a lot like a mother.. So I figured I'd stop there and just try to get things going again.

"Can we move please?" I asked, glancing between the two men and Danny. Brandon.. I would have to deal with later. Honestly I'm mad, but I'm mad for him stalling us, not for the act of attacking them. Perhaps he could help me with something I intend to do after I ditch them.

OOC- Sorry if it seems rushed, I am well.. In a rush xD
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:27 pm

Murdoch has to suppress the urge to snort derisively; she obviously didn't see everything. He wasn't the one who charged after the initial blow. He had no desire to fight; he had to get this guy off of him...although he hopes he gave him something to think about.
    But that would be most ill advised. He allowed himself to get sucked into this, and even if it isn't his fault, he does need to keep a low profile, as much as that is possible. But...he will be watching this Moron.

Sheathing his blade, he offers a small, apologetic bow to the girl. Although she's been less than accommodating, and seems to have the super power to leap great distances- at least, when it comes to conclusions- she is a local, and he needs the locals onside. "My apologies, Milady," he says, perhaps going a little overboard. But the cold edge has gone from his voice, and it's back to its normal, slightly warm and friendly tone. "It was merely a....misunderstanding." But if that man attacks him again, it is likely to be a misunderstanding involving a gun. And it may not be his; it may well be Jordans.
    He inclines his head towards the man. "I hope we can move past this. I would so hate to part on hard feelings."

ooc: May I stress to you guys that your characters CAN die in this?
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:44 pm

ooc: Yea. I know...but why would you kill such an interesting specimen as me? haha
    Btwz My name in the rp is Kaynik, not Brandon. Just sayin' ;D

bic: The initial blow to the groin was almost laughable. I assume he thought I had the same organ set-up as humans for some reason. I didn't have much time to think after that because of the two hits from the handle of his blade.
    I rolled off and stood, smirking a bit as I wiped off a bit of blue blood from the corner of my mouth. By now, Kristina had arrived to try and show some sort of authority. My head started throbbing a bit as I started to feel that last hit.
    I ignored her statement and addressed the man again, "Now that was hardly a fair fight." I began to brush myself off. "I would have at least expected a bit more class from you...or at least respect."
    I chuckled slightly before using my biotic ability to lift his gun off the ground. I slowly moved it towards him, so he could put it away.
    "So. Who are you and why are you here exactly?" I spoke simply, barely focusing my attention on the gun.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:34 pm

Now he was talking, and smiling as if the two blows to his head weren't hurting. He was insane! I kept to the trees, watching them quietly. These were the people who crashed into our hands. I didn't see what to trust in them, but Kaynik would be the one to start a fight. There had probably been something hadn't seen.

I shook my head, feeling the bush ahead of e slap me lightly in the face. The breeze had picked up abit and it was moving the brush. I watched them. They were all talking now. There was no more fighting, but anger in a girl that I had seen around, but never really spoken to personally. She had come into the shop a few times, but not enough for me to notice as much as others.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:55 am

Murdoch ignores the question. This man attacks him, then demands answers? Yeah, right. But he learned something in that brief scuffle, and now in the exchange; the Asari dislikes "dirty" tactics if he isn't using them, his groin isn't a weak spot- he barely recoiled when his knee hit his pelvis- but blows to the head? Very effective. Maybe he does think with his testicles, like they say that men on earth do. No matter. That's something for researching later on; he wasn't even aware that there were male Asari...maybe the females keep them locked up somewhere...looking at this ones behaviour, he can see why.

"No fight is fair," Murdoch states, rather calmly. "You show me a man who fights fair, I show you a man with limited options. In a fight, you seize whatever advantage you can..." he pauses, then tilts his head, "And you speak of fair, yet you hit me from behind, then attempt to blind me using dirt? How does that factor into your 'fair play' ideal? Practice what you preach, my friend..."
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:07 pm

I allowed my biotics release completely from the gun, letting it fall to the ground in front of him.
    "Better yet. Show me a man that fights unfair and I'll show you a man with poor morals and a lack for personal respect." I heard a soft rustle in the brush behind me, but continued anyway. "As far as advantages go, you automatically had an advantage with your weapons. I don't see why you feel as if you have to whine about a civilian challenging you to a scuffle."
    A small grin appeared in the corner of my mouth. "Also, first; hitting you in the back of the head wasn't unfair. You have protection. Second, the dirt was the same, but it was merely a distraction...considering your visor...all in all, if we were both evenly equipped, we obviously would THEN be fairly matched in a fight."
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:33 pm

Murdoch simply snorts. "Believe what you will," he says, stooping to pick up the gun. Standing up, he holsters it quickly, and turns away. "I learned a long time ago that out there," he jerks head upwards, "if you fight fair, you die. You claim I have no self respect? I have enough self respect to want to live. You try fighting fair in a real fight...see how far it gets you." He starts walking back down the road. They really do need to get scrap, and to be honest, he tires of talking to this self-righteous fool who thinks he knows what fights are really like. What, has he had a few martial arts lessons and thinks that's how real fights work? God help him if he ever gets into a real fight. Then we'll see how far his "fight with honour" gets him. He's fought lots of men who fought fair. All he knows is that they're dead, and he's here. He isn't going to die over honour; he'd much rather go on living.

"Are we going to continue, or shall we wait for more people to come?" he says, gesturing towards the bushes with his head.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:07 am

Ooc: gahhh, haven't been on in a long time, had to sort things out :/ has much happened? Can someone fill me in?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:16 am

Just read back one page or so, you'll pick it up; not much has happened, really.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:45 am

I chuckled quickly as the man turned away. This one was interesting, but I'll have to interact with him later. For now, I'm going to return to my first priority. Home.
    Before I left, I directed one last comment to the man, "Don't go and get yourself into trouble now!" Smiling, I turned away and went down a side street on my way to m house.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:30 pm

I had to stifle a giggle as Kaynik did as was as per usual, Starting trouble before just turning and walking away. I watched through the bush, trying to move as quietly as possible. It was so thick in even the lighter places of grass and trees and thickets of river cane it was hard to manouver.

I knew I was making one hell of a racket, just by the silence that seemed to be going on forever. I wasn't stupid, I knew atleast someone noticed the moving in the brush. But what was the point of coming out? I didn't want to talk to these men, I wanted to see their actions, I wanted to see how they responded to the colony. I wanted to make sure they weren't here to 'burn down the stores, and take all the women' as one of the elder men in my shop had said earlier today.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:45 pm

Jordan had to give it his all to not shoot that fool, but he knew deep down that that would have just caused trouble. He looks at Murdoch.

"I see you're making friends, if it were me I probably would have shot the bugger"
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Murdoch has to chuckle at that, and shakes his head. "And that, my friend," he says wryly, "is why I am in command, not you. If he tries that regularly, it's only a matter of time before he is killed or seriously harmed...especially if he insists on 'fighting fair'." He snorts, as if to show how he feels about that ideal.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:57 pm

Fighting fair, that was quite the concept. Jordan likes to think of that as going easy on your opponent.

"I say we get to the shop before I have to kill someone" he said sarcastically
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:38 pm

yonk.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:45 pm

Yonk?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Yes. Yonk.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:15 pm

ooc- Sorry guys...I don't know what to do really..Sooz yeah
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:41 pm

OOC- I was just waiting on Danny, but if you'd like me to just post without his response to the situation, I could?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:57 am

I think that would probably be best, considering his sudden Houdini.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:22 am