Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Brandon
Burn It
Danny
Murdoch
8 posters

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 13 Empty First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Murdoch Sat May 21, 2011 3:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok, I said I was going to post this, and I will. I expect people to join, as many people expressed an interest.

Alright. I will keep this simple. It is the year 5052AD, and mankind has long since extended its reach to the stars and outside its solar system. It has encountered many new sentient races, some hostile, some friendly and some who are just trying to get by. The governments of mankind have banded together under one banner, the "true" UNEM; United Nations of Earth and Mankind. It sits on the grand galactic council alongside representatives from every other race in the galaxy, and ostensibly have Human-kinds best interests at heart. However, politics corrupt everything, and every member in the council has their own agenda, even within the parties. The miniature councils that run the solar systems are just as corrupt, allowing bandits and slavers to operate in many of the outlying systems where the UEP- the Universal Enforcers Patrol- have a very weak presence. Whether this is due to lethargy or corruption on the councillors part depends on the system. There are many different groups outside the councils, be they mercenary groups, terrorist groups, bandits or just wealthy, independent businessmen.

Of course, what do we care about this? You are all simple creatures- humans and aliens alike- who live a simple life, living in a colony on the planet Liberty, located in the Terminus System in the far reaches of the galaxy. News from the rest of the galaxy doesn't reach you, and your biggest worries include the occasional bandit raid or whether next years harvest goes rotten. Humans and aliens alike live together, side by side, reacting to each other based solely on personal virtues rather than racial stereotypes. You are all stuck here, after all, and you grew up here; most of your families have lived here since the colony was founded, or close to it. Liberty is an earth-like planet, albeit with different wildlife and a slightly higher climate, and completely isolated, more or less.
    That is, until a ship from an unknown organisation- it could be military, it could be something else- drops out of hyperspace above the planet, and sends down six soldiers of mixed race in a dropship that lands just outside of the colony limits, near the outlying farms. They have heard rumours of a massive attack being planned by an unknown force, and they have been sent to find out why and to hopefully stop it. What in Gods name is about to happen to the peaceful planet of Liberty?

Ok, now most of you will be farmers or shopkeepers or working in personal security...generally an ordinary person leading an ordinary life. Myself and someone else will be playing the military personnel in charge of the other four who were sent down, and sorry guys, but that role has been reserved. This is simply to keep the story moving.
    You can be human or alien, and I will not give you a list of aliens. It will be up to you to invent them yourselves...just PM me with your ideas and I will review them to see if they are viable to include. Alright?
    If you wish to be one of the four soldiers, you may, but I do not want everyone choosing a soldier, and if you choose to be a "grunt" you will be wearing a red shirt. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedShirt

We start just as the dropship is finding a place to land.

Roles:

Civilians:
    -Danny, farmer, Crystalline
    -Faith, Book Shop owner, Human

Soldiers:
    -Murdoch, Scout Leader, Human
    -Jordan [Eljordo], Human

Other:
    -Brandon (Dragon...symbiote...thing...)

Last edited by Murdoch on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Anonymous

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 13 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:23 pm

ooc...can I get a quick update so I can write a post where I skip hours of time and somehow end up in the same place as you guys breaking all laws of physics?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 13 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Murdoch Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:33 pm

ooc: Basically, Danny, Brandon and Kristie are in a truck headed to the crash site, where four crewmembers are lying in wait. Jordan and Murdoch have met up with Faith, have purchased some spare parts from an old curmudgeon and are about to get in a truck loaded with the scrap, also to go back to the crash site. Clear?
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:45 pm

ooc- I'm not posting until a few more people post, Okie? :] I have a football game I have to march at tongiht but I'll post later if people POst.

WELCOME BACK AKI ^^
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:48 pm

I looked a few times between Brandon and Danny after they each finished their bits, smiling at Danny’s eagerness to help out, rather then burst out that he wants nothing to do with this. Reliable people are the only ones you should surround yourself with, and that’s what I’ve done with these two, clearly. “Danny’s more than welcome to help out. Good idea, Brandon.” I shifted my position to facing the back of the cart, to the side so I could more easily speak to Danny and Brandon at the same time. “I’ll be upfront and to the point with you Danny, we’re going to the crash site and we intend to find out whether or not there’s a purpose to these men being here. Crash was an accident? Or, an accident, but this was also their destination. If it was nothing but an accident, I want to know what kind of things they’ve brought here.. If there’s anything to be worried about.”

I paused, shifted and reached into my pocket to pull out the firework ball, showing it to him; everyone here knows what they are. “If things go wrong, we’re going to smash these and draw whomever we can to the site, but let’s try not to let it get to that.. Anyways, Brandon.” I faced him directly, “You’re right, we’d both make good distractions, but I’m thinking about time. If you go caught, they may just send you packing, and still be on the lookout. If I can get their attention and keep it, you may just have a straight shot at getting some real information. You can also run much faster than I can, the both of you can, so if things go really wrong, you can get back to the village much faster than I would be able to in order to get help.” I finished, waiting for two things; whether or not they both thought it was a good idea or not, and if Danny was positive he was up for it. He could always just go with Brandon, that way we have two trying to get information, but if Danny wanted to do something else, I was fine with it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:56 pm

Soooo basically we are going to repair the shuttle and you guys are gonna fly off? I thought pirates were gonna come and kill people :s
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:58 pm

Ooc: We'll get to that. It isn't far off now. It's about three or four of my story posts away, don't worry. You can't rush a good story Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:12 pm

ooc: >.< Damnit, my character can only really come into his own when hes at the controls of a starship.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:20 pm

Why don't you start wandering around and trying to interact before the apocalypse, then? Or just wait until the apocalypse, and then get involved...I will be offering a massive window for anybody who needs to jump in to get involved in the story post that introduces the pirates, don't worry.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:30 pm

ooc: Urmmm I think I will wait to see what Jade says...I mean our characters are together and she is a techie, so if she wants to go to the crash site where her char may be useful then I guess I could tag along, but if not then I can stick my guy somewhere safe until the apocalypse where upon he will appear useful.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:36 pm

I believe that Jade is waiting for you. Read back a bit and find her last post. It was a couple of pages ago, I believe.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:47 pm

I mean in a an ooc post as to whether we carry on or not. I need the guidence :/
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:51 pm

PM her to let her know that you're ready to continue your own personal storyarc and discuss how to advance.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:29 pm

ooc: We are gonna go with wait till the apocalypse, Its then that our characters will properly develop.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:11 am

Danny stared at Kristie, listening, but mostly thinking. They weren't truly doing anything bad, and this was their colony, their planet!, after all. They have the right to explore it don't they? It's also not like they'd start killing people on purpose or anything, but it was a possibility if any survivers got hostile. "No. I'll stick with you Kristie. We'd be safer the two of us," he smiles before reaching over, grabbing a firework ball. Danny was a new member of this group, so he waited for them before acting.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Ooc: Again, guys, I will be away. Worst case scenario? until the 14th October. Basically, Jordan has control of all of the characters until I get back; Murdoch, The Dwarves, all of them. Danny, Kristie, please try and post and keep this alive. Jordan, I have described the squads positions so they can stage an effective ambush/interrogation and disguise of the ship, and just talk and stall until I get back. DO NOT LET MURDOCH AND JORDAN GET BACK TO THE SHIP!
    And remember; talk a lot, but don't say anything! Tell the truth in a way to lead them to a different conclusion!
    And guys, please try and pick up the post rate. I know it may be unfair to ask, but I really do need you to do that!
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:14 pm

OOC: Since i am taking control of the NPCs while Murdoch is away, can you guys tell me how close you are to the crash site?
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:45 pm

ooc-Sorry! Life gah :/ I have no clue where we are. I'll be somewhere for the next few days, but I'll try to find time to get on!
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:58 pm

You know what? I give up. I actually post an RP that everyone is like "Yeah, I'll stay, I'll finish it!" and then EVERYBODY LEAVES. Hell, this was happening before my internet went down, but suddenly it all goes dead. There are two people who tried to keep this going all the way through, and everybody else smegged off and forgot. Now, I understand if you have commitments and such, I really do...but I would really appreciate it if you actually TOLD US YOU WERE GOING TO BE GONE. Jade, Brandon, Kristie, Aki...are you kidding? You join, then disappear, post for a bit, disappear and don't come back. This is why I said I was retiring from making these things...because there's no point me planning out this massive campaign, of thinking up this vast universe...and then nobody seeing it through. Hell, we didn't even get off the STARTING PLANET. And we were so close as well! Seriously, I was planning to do it in the next page or so. But no. We do a classic group RP thing and ditch...

Ok. New plan. Whoever is still willing to take this to its conclusion, post your confirmation in the next 48 hours. I am still in, if I get enough people. If you are waiting on somebody who hasn't replied, ignore them. Say they got eaten or something, or they ditched you, I don't care. Just make your own ways through now. I am officially culling the ranks. Anybody who doesn't post in the next 48 hours will have their characters deleted, therefore removing them from the 'verse, leaving the serious players to get on with things. That means that if you were mid-conversation or mid-action...meh. You don't exist anymore, and you will be forced to reapply. And believe me, if you are culled, you will have a job of getting back in.

Now. Who actually wants to finish this? If I only get one person saying yes, this thing shuts down. Forever. I will ask Jade to lock this topic, and that will be that. No more RP's from me, ever. Comprende?
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Sorry you feel that way Murdoch, but posting has been down pretty much everywhere lately, not just in this RP. I've tried my best to keep up to date on this RP, but it's tough when nobody replies back.

If we can get a descent group willing to commit, I'd be game for keeping this alive, it's just hard when nobody responds.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:33 pm

I know. The only two people who have posted regularly, besides myself, are you and Faith. I know that posting has been down...but it doesn't excuse people from just not telling us what's going on, does it? It seems unfair that they just disappear and never actually tell us that they're going...
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:39 pm

Thats what is killing this RP, is people not posting because their waiting on someone. I agree 100%, If you are able you should say you are going to be gone so it doesnt hold up the RP
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:48 pm

I know...the other thing is, there are one or two people who I say "Come on, start posting!" and they say "Oh, but I'm waiting on X" and I'm just like...."If they haven't posted in this long, they've probably left. Just get your backside in gear and post!"
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm willing to stay. I was just waiting for Kristie and Brandon, but I can continue if we are keeping this going.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:39 am

Ok...I'm extending the deadline. Everyone who wishes to continue, post by next Saturday. Comprende?
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:20 am

I know that it's not 48 hours, but I haven't been on in awhile because of family(The new family I recived when I joined band). I stay late most days at school for band and Fridays I'm most likely to not get on ever. Yesterday was my fault however. I had performace till 4 then I came home and went to sleep before looking on here, and when I woke up it wasn't for long. [I fell asleep trying to post on another roleplay like three times] If you'll still have me, I'll try my damndest to get on everyday I can. :/ Marching band is hell...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:47 pm