Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Geist: The Sin Eaters

Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Done Geist: The Sin Eaters

Post by Banather Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:06 am

It's a story that begins with death - with your death.
    Why did the Reaper reach out for you before your time? Why was it that you fell between the cracks?
    Do you remember the flare of the gun or the sharpness of the knife?
    Do you remember the gnawing emptiness or the choking thickness of disease?
    Did you fall across the Threshold alone in the wild, or in the heart of the city?

The story begins there - with the moment of death, and with the Bargain that reversed it.
    With the cold hand that brought you back to the living world, with the dry whispers that still haunt you, with the presence that has nestled in your soul.

You've returned to a world where the living cannot see the shades that surround them. Every night is the carnivale, because every night you walk with ghosts.

Death is a door. Your the one with the key.

In Geist, you were an ordinary human, who happened to be placed in the most extraordinary set of circumstances imaginable. You have died, or had a near death experience, and been pulled back from the brink by a Geist. These are powerful spirits, and all they ask in return is to use you as a host vessel, so that they might experience a twisted form of life once again. Another side effect, beyond simply living, is access to otherworldly powers. You have become a Sin Eater.

Things to choose:
    Threshold: How did you die? There are five thresholds, each being a broad description of your death. They also determine the nature of your powers. They are as follows:
    The Torn: Death by Violence, Passion and Stigmata (Blood) powers
    The Silent: Death by Deprivation, Stillness (Stealth and Silence) and Wind
    The Prey: Death by Nature, Primeval and Earth
    The Stricken: Death by Illness, Phantasm (Illusion), and Water
    The Forgotten: Death by Chance, Industrial (Machines and technology) and Fire.

Here are some universal abilities all Sin Eaters share. You can see ghosts, and must actively concentrate to not see them. You can also speak to and understand ghosts, regardless of what language they spoke in life. You heal from injuries unnaturally fast. And finally, you have a sixth sense, with which you can sense the presence or recent presence of the dead.

Post up your bios if you want to join, and feel free to jump in at any time.

Last edited by Banather on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Done Re: Geist: The Sin Eaters

Post by Banather Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:12 am

Here's my Bio: https://anonymatrix.forumotion.com/character-biographies-f21/logan-corvo-character-bio-t9.htm
    My threshold is The Forgotten, I was killed when a car's tire blew out, and it careened off the road and hit me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:24 am

here is my bio: https://anonymatrix.forumotion.com/character-biographies-f21/adam-hunter-hayes-bio-t90.htm

And may i have the threshold of the silent is so i was beaten to death by my mother i was left to die tied up and paralyzed while my dad was away and younger brothers had to watch

Last edited by UNFORGIVEN on Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:37 am

My bio is in my Sig.

My threshold will be the Torn. I was a soldier, kidnapped and put to death, well tortured mercilessly before being beheaded with a knife...
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:34 am

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:54 am

Oooh lemme post a bio and I'll put it in my sig. I'll be The Prey. I was camping up in the woods and was mauled by a rabid bear.
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:37 pm

OOC: For this roleplay, I will be using Cyan text to represent storytelling aspects of my post. These will not have anything to do with what my character is doing, thinking, or saying. It is simply to provide atmosphere. Also, if anyone wants to roleplay as ordinary ghosts, feel free.

Also, here are a couple key words that can come up. 'Krewe' is a group of Sin Eaters who have joined together, and are similar to a family or gang, depending on the members. A 'Memento' is an object that has a close affiliation with Death, and many Sin Eaters make a habit of collecting them.

The streets of New York are still tonight. There is an uneasy feeling amongst the people in this part of the Bronx. There was a murder in the neighborhood, and no one can explain in. The police are reluctant to release any details, but that doesn't matter. They know about as much as the average bum living on the street at this point. Of the many stories that have come up, one seems to be the most agreed upon. Apparently, a woman was walking home from work, after staying late, and suddenly, right out in the open, a man ran out of a side ally and stabbed her. He never took her purse, only yelled to no one in particular (as far as anyone could tell, that is), that he "Did what you asked, now get the voices out of my head!"

Immediately after yelling this, the man ran off, and no one has identified him, or seen him since. You have showed up for other reasons. Ghost activity in this are is usually quite high, but the moment this murder happened, all of the spirits seemed to go into hiding, and, as hard as you might try, all of the ones remaining are either unwilling to give a reason, or incapable.

I take the last sip of my coffee, and throw the cup into a nearby trashcan.
    "Bit of a chill in the air tonight" I say as I pull my trench coat tighter around my body. I look back at my Krewe, and nod to them.
    "Well, I for one want to figure out why there are no ghosts around. I think we should check out that murder scene, see if it has anything to do with things."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Cecilia stepped off of the train into the stinking New York City air. She crinkled her nose and wished for the clean, open fields of Oklahoma, but shook her head. She could never go back, not after what her family had been told. She'd never be able to see them again.

Sighing, she strode foward. The first thing she would need to do is find some place to live. Well, she'd need money for that but she had a little already. And what little she had would only buy me one of the cheapest little places in the slums. Taking out a map, she ran a hand briefly through her hair and turned towards the Bronx.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:50 pm

"has this ever happened before that no ghost are around or wanna talk" i asked no one in particular as i tried to hide myself form sight while looking at the crime scene it was hard looking at the poor lady so i turned my attention to the side street, nothing looked out of the normal
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:02 pm

"Most ghosts are typically quiet, unless they want something from you. But usually, there are a lot around this part of town, and tonight, I can't see a single one. Something is definitely amiss. It's especially odd that the ghost of the murder victim isn't here, they usually linger around the place where they die for quite some time."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:06 pm

"im not liking it mate, this whole thing seems off, and would you not sneek up on me like that" i asked moving to get a better view of everything
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:14 pm

As I examine the scene, I see a figure over in the distance, who looks out of place. Not just because they don't look like your average person in the Bronx, there's something different about them. I recognize her instantly as a fellow Sin Eater, though not one I've ever met before.

"You there, come here for a second!" I call out to the stranger. I'm curious to know what they are doing here, as it's not often a new one of our kind makes an appearance.

OOC: The stranger I see is you, Mim
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:20 pm

"ow mate my ear was there" i say moving away so i could try and think about all this "i wonder what my dad and bro's are doing back home in australia" i ask myself knowing full well that i couldn't go back home it wasn't allowed and if i broke the rule without permission it wold be straight back to the land of the dead
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:51 pm

As she walked, Cissy fiddled nervously with the tail of her overshirt. The voices...they just wouldn't stop. She stopped once and closed her eyes tightly, shaking her head vigorously.
    "Make them stop..." she mumbled, covering her ears. "Make it stop..."

But through the blockade of her hands, she heard another voice. An external voice. She looked up quickly and saw a man beckoning her over. Looking around her and seeing no one else that he could have been focusing on, she pointed to herself and raised her eyebrows before stepping off the curb.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:45 pm

ooc- ahh how to start =S
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:54 pm

OOC: Just pop in at whatever point you want Aki, I did open up in a way that could imply more people already with me.

Bic: I walk over to meet the woman part way. There were no cars on this street because of the murder, so talking in the middle of the road carries no risk. I meet her about half way, and, because I want to cut to the chase, I ask her as bluntly as I can.

"You there, how long ago did you die?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:10 pm

"damn it logan, there are more important things going on and your hitting on a girl, like normal" i hissed to myself while watching the scene from my new vantage point ontop of on of the buildings nearby
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:23 pm

"I...don't know what you're talking about..." Cissy replied, pulling her sleeves over her hands and pressing one hand to her ear to try to block out the voices, who'd grown louder. Being new to the whole dead thing, she hadn't yet learned how to pick out her own kind...She didn't even know she had a kind. Cissy was quite convinced she was all on her own in the undead world. She was careful, however, not to meet the man's eyes.
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:25 pm

"Of course you don't." I say, slightly annoyed, "Look, you have a spirit called a Geist sharing your body, which means you died, and it brought you back. I know, because the same thing happened to me."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:30 pm

i had a headset on to talk to logan if seperated but it loked like he didn have his on so i shouted down my end while trying to avoid getting attention "logan leave the girl alone , we have bigger things to deal with mate!" i hoped he heard
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:33 pm

"I...um..." Cissy was shocked. "Last Sunday..." she mumbled, still avoiding his eyes. "I'm kinda new at all this but my family had already been told I was mauled by a bear. I kinda couldn't show up and say 'just kidding y'all!'" She reached into her pocket and popped two aspirin into her mouth before pressing her hand harder to her ear. "How do you make it stop???" she demanded, finally looking up at him with tears in her eyes.
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:39 pm

"Just ignore it. If you don't acknowledge that it's speaking to you, it should stop." I say to the girl. I understand now that she's scared, so I try to be a bit kinder.

I look up to the roof where Adam is, and shout back, "This is important, so get your Australian ass down here!"

I look back to the girl, smile, and introduce myself. "My name's Logan, been a Sin Eater for about four months now. The loud one on the roof is Adam, he's another one of us."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:46 pm

"yeh yeh yeh, its always important when it come to you and a girl" i hiss taking the quickest route off the roof and stand by his side "i am only load when im annoied with you mate" i say before looking at the girl "hi the names adam sin eater for about a year, but only been in control since i met romeo here" i say still not impressed with logan
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:55 pm

"Oh come on, be nice. She only made the Bargain less than a week ago, and you have to admit, it's not often we run into another one of our kind." I smack Adam on the back of the head gently as I say this, my way of responding to his remarks.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:01 am

"i am being nice to her, you my friend need to keep it in you pant sometimes, wait only a week ago, youch that is a tough one sorry to hear kid, esspecially about the family thing" i say suddenly getting distracted by how loong ago she mad the deal

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:49 pm