Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Geist: The Sin Eaters

Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Done Geist: The Sin Eaters

Post by Banather Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:06 am

First topic message reminder :

It's a story that begins with death - with your death.
    Why did the Reaper reach out for you before your time? Why was it that you fell between the cracks?
    Do you remember the flare of the gun or the sharpness of the knife?
    Do you remember the gnawing emptiness or the choking thickness of disease?
    Did you fall across the Threshold alone in the wild, or in the heart of the city?

The story begins there - with the moment of death, and with the Bargain that reversed it.
    With the cold hand that brought you back to the living world, with the dry whispers that still haunt you, with the presence that has nestled in your soul.

You've returned to a world where the living cannot see the shades that surround them. Every night is the carnivale, because every night you walk with ghosts.

Death is a door. Your the one with the key.

In Geist, you were an ordinary human, who happened to be placed in the most extraordinary set of circumstances imaginable. You have died, or had a near death experience, and been pulled back from the brink by a Geist. These are powerful spirits, and all they ask in return is to use you as a host vessel, so that they might experience a twisted form of life once again. Another side effect, beyond simply living, is access to otherworldly powers. You have become a Sin Eater.

Things to choose:
    Threshold: How did you die? There are five thresholds, each being a broad description of your death. They also determine the nature of your powers. They are as follows:
    The Torn: Death by Violence, Passion and Stigmata (Blood) powers
    The Silent: Death by Deprivation, Stillness (Stealth and Silence) and Wind
    The Prey: Death by Nature, Primeval and Earth
    The Stricken: Death by Illness, Phantasm (Illusion), and Water
    The Forgotten: Death by Chance, Industrial (Machines and technology) and Fire.

Here are some universal abilities all Sin Eaters share. You can see ghosts, and must actively concentrate to not see them. You can also speak to and understand ghosts, regardless of what language they spoke in life. You heal from injuries unnaturally fast. And finally, you have a sixth sense, with which you can sense the presence or recent presence of the dead.

Post up your bios if you want to join, and feel free to jump in at any time.

Last edited by Banather on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Done Re: Geist: The Sin Eaters

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:54 pm

"Hell, I'm still scared," Cissy admitted, adding to Logan's defense. She didn't much like the way he'd spoken to the sick girl. Sure, Adam had been dead for nearly a year but it didn't give him liscence to be insensitive about other people dying.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:55 pm

Akimaru sat in the darkest corner he could find watching the proceedings in total silence. How many times had he seen this same conversation go on. Too many in his own opinion, they all had questions, even he still had question but he had learned to live with them.

He stood and stepped out of the shadows so that he was in full view of everyone standing around, he stayed silent.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:01 pm

"im out" i snarl and walk out of the room and house, yeah i felt sorry for the poor girl but she should get over herself, i had too, i was just like her when i came back no one knows that, no one will know that, im the arsehole around here because i can be , no because i have to be, everyone else just sugarcoats it all
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:04 pm

Cissy raised an eyebrow and looked at Logan.
    "What's his problem?" she asked, jerking her head in Adam's direction. "She's just confused and scared, that's all."
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:06 pm

"Don't mind him, he's usually a decent enough guy. He just gets this way sometimes. Anyways, Anaya and Cecilia, you two are both welcome to stay here, for as long as you wish. There are a couple empty rooms you can take, just down the hall. I suggest we all get some rest. In the morning, I'll be continuing with my investigation of the ghost problem, and any of you are welcome to join me."

I walk out of the room, and head off to bed. Today has been an eventful day, and I can't help but wonder if things are happening this way for a reason.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:11 pm

i went to the one place i felt at ease, this lake was never used, no one came here claiming it and its surrounding were haunted, but i have not once seen ghosts around here,so it was peaceful and all mine, i laid against the tree and tried to stop brooding about all the the stuff the happend bake at the house
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:11 pm

"Thank you," Cissy said gratefully. "I'll try not to be here too long; I hate mooching off people. But your hospitality is really appreciated. You coulda just thrown me out on the street and told me to make my own way. I'm sure it's what he woulda done..." she added in a lower tone. She stood and looked at Anaya. "You don't have any clothes, do you?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:13 pm

Anaya looked at the floor. Kindness wasn't quite something she was used to. Pity, yes, but kindness...She liked the difference.

"Thank you," she said after a moment's silence. "You didn't have to do this, but I am grateful..."

"I don't...This is all I could get from the hospital in time..."

Last edited by Estelle Undina on Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:15 pm

ooc =P ignored lol. attempt 2

" we were all confused once, you will stay confused as well, just get over it" I said interrupting the conversation. " and don't go in the third room on the right, that's mine and I'm a private person." I concluded and headed out after Adam. We needed to talk.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:17 pm

"I um...okay..." Cissy frowned, unsure of what to think of the sudden ouburst from the boy in the corner who hadn't spoken yet. She made a note not to go into his room, then took Anaya by the hand. "Come on then," she said gently, grabbing her bag off of the floor and leading the way down the hall.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:19 pm

Anaya looked up at the other who decided to make his presence known in such a brusque way. So be it.

"I don't plan to," she replied in kind.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:27 pm

I stepped out onto the grass and walked the edge of the lake. I knew Adam would be around here somewhere, he considered this his spot, and rightly so no-one save him and occasionally a few others came here.

Know that where ever he is he will hear me I say out loud " what was all that about?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Cissy, avoiding the door the boy had said, lead the way to a room all the way down at the end of the hall on the left--her room, she decided--and threw her bag down onto the floor. It was a fair size, not too big, and had a decent double sized mattress. Kneeling, she dug into her bag for clothes.

"I don't have much," she said, "just what I could sneak in and grab while everyone was distracted. You're a lot taller than me, so some of this will be short, but it'll do til tomorrow when we can get you some clothes."

She dug out a pair of sweatpants and a long-sleeved t-shirt, both a size or so too big for her. They'd obviously be too big on the sickly girl, too, but perhaps the arms and legs would be longer. She pulled out another pair of sweatpants and a three-sizes-too-large t-shirt for herself.

"If you want 'em, that is," she added.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:36 pm

"you, logan and jade know damn well what that was about" i say not moving looking out at the peaceful lake
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:38 pm

"Okay," she said stumbling to her feet behind Cissy.

"Thank you very much," she said taking the garments in her arms. In truth, she wanted very much out of her somewhat waterlogged clothing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:43 pm

"refresh my memory" I replied "Its been a while since we spoke like this properly and this Geist fucks with my memories, I can't remember my own birthday let alone the thousands of other things that I should know" I sat down on the grass and went silent waiting for him to start his explanation.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:48 pm

"Any time," she smiled. "We can sit and talk if you want, once you've found a room," she offered. "Or not, if you wanna go to bed."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:49 pm

"simple her mood and they way she was acting got to me, and if you remember i was exactly like her, but unlike her i had to get over myself fast and i didnt have people around, if everyone remembers i found you all of you up to now, i have been the same this whole time" i say with clenched fist
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:53 pm

"I think...I would like to talk," she said outside rather placid, but inside jumping at the thought. She smiled. "Lets go."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:02 pm

Cissy smiled back. It didn't seem like Anaya had had much of a chance to talk to people.
    "Um...doncha wanna go get your own room and change first?" She tilted her head to the side. She must be used to the lack of privacy which came with being in a hospital. Being the youngest and only girl of three, Cissy liked her privacy and was quite protective of it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:04 pm

She chuckled with a mix of unease and excitement. "You're right. Lets find the room first. I'm sorry. I'm used to being watched," she said shrugging.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:06 pm

"Yeah you were, but then we all were, afraid, lost, confused. None of us can really comprehend what's happened to us. You did find us and all of us were alone before hand. We have all changed, even you, you have to give them a chance, just like you gave me" I concluded hoping that I could appeal to his memory of meeting me.

"think about it, I'm going back inside, if you want to talk you know where I'll be" I stood and turned on my heel knocking a stone off the grass and into the water, I started to walk in the direction of the house.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:10 pm

"So...this is my room," she said, bouncing slightly on the bed, then hopping up. "Looks like there are lotsa rooms to choose from...just not that boy's." She added this with a roll of her eyes. "What was up with those two, anyway? I mean we're like...zombies or something, and they expect us to just be okay with that? What are they on?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:15 pm

I had entered the house and caught the tail end of the girls conversation.

"No, not zombies, Geist. A powerful spirit that wants a chance at some sort of life, they don't choose randomly, it chose you for a reason and gave you a choice, you obviously accepted otherwise you would be dead, we all would be" I stood in the doorway and looked them.

ooc if i suddenly disappear just say i am in my room- no entrace- is permitted
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:16 pm

"Yeah," she replied. "I suppose they have their reason...but that was uncalled for. They do not have that right to chide me," she said shrugging. "This is just...a lot," she said with a sigh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:27 am