Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Geist: The Sin Eaters

Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Done Geist: The Sin Eaters

Post by Banather Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:06 am

First topic message reminder :

It's a story that begins with death - with your death.
    Why did the Reaper reach out for you before your time? Why was it that you fell between the cracks?
    Do you remember the flare of the gun or the sharpness of the knife?
    Do you remember the gnawing emptiness or the choking thickness of disease?
    Did you fall across the Threshold alone in the wild, or in the heart of the city?

The story begins there - with the moment of death, and with the Bargain that reversed it.
    With the cold hand that brought you back to the living world, with the dry whispers that still haunt you, with the presence that has nestled in your soul.

You've returned to a world where the living cannot see the shades that surround them. Every night is the carnivale, because every night you walk with ghosts.

Death is a door. Your the one with the key.

In Geist, you were an ordinary human, who happened to be placed in the most extraordinary set of circumstances imaginable. You have died, or had a near death experience, and been pulled back from the brink by a Geist. These are powerful spirits, and all they ask in return is to use you as a host vessel, so that they might experience a twisted form of life once again. Another side effect, beyond simply living, is access to otherworldly powers. You have become a Sin Eater.

Things to choose:
    Threshold: How did you die? There are five thresholds, each being a broad description of your death. They also determine the nature of your powers. They are as follows:
    The Torn: Death by Violence, Passion and Stigmata (Blood) powers
    The Silent: Death by Deprivation, Stillness (Stealth and Silence) and Wind
    The Prey: Death by Nature, Primeval and Earth
    The Stricken: Death by Illness, Phantasm (Illusion), and Water
    The Forgotten: Death by Chance, Industrial (Machines and technology) and Fire.

Here are some universal abilities all Sin Eaters share. You can see ghosts, and must actively concentrate to not see them. You can also speak to and understand ghosts, regardless of what language they spoke in life. You heal from injuries unnaturally fast. And finally, you have a sixth sense, with which you can sense the presence or recent presence of the dead.

Post up your bios if you want to join, and feel free to jump in at any time.

Last edited by Banather on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Done Re: Geist: The Sin Eaters

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:50 pm

i banged on logan's door with my elbows "open up mate this is serious" i said freaked out yet exhausted at the same time "ok stuff it" i say getting up and going down to lay on the couch, when i got there i seen a sleeping jade so instead of disturbing her i done the same thing and hoped my next dream wasn't as horrifying
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:55 pm

=P no one has noticed the screams coming from my room yet lol
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:01 pm

ooc:put up with it every night you tend to try and kill me when i wake you, so i let sleeping furry's lay
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:02 pm

Cissy opened the door and shut it quietly behind her, ignoring the yelling coming from down the hall. Adam's sudden overreaction had caused her to, in her mind, deem him a boy who seems to cry wolf. She would be polite to him, of course, but he seemed to be addressing someone else anyway so she would ignore him.

Stepping into the room, she tried not to giggle at how short her clothes were on Anaya. She sat on the bed next to the girl and immediately noticed how soft this one was, too. I'll just sleep here if I have to... the little voice said. She stifled it, though, and turned to her companion.

"So..." she said uncertainly, not sure where to begin. 'How did you die' seemed obvious and rather inappropriate, as did asking about her family.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:04 pm

ooc ill wait for a newbie to try then.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:07 pm

"Yeah," the other chuckled sitting upright. "Um..." she stammered trying to think of a topic to discuss. The obvious seemed...inappropriate at best, but she did want to know about her friend. Asking her if anything odd had happened to her recently like it did to Anaya in the shower seemed also rather uncouth. She hesitated.

"You tell me yours, I'll tell you mine," she offered after some awkward pause.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Cissy laughed awkwardly and smiled a little, crossing her legs on the bed.
    "Well, I live...lived...in a tiny town in southern Oklahoma. Grew up on a farm with both parents and two older brothers. It was a uh...a pretty good life." She tried not to let her voice crack. "Went up camping to our usual spot. Like I told Logan, got in the way of a rabid bear. That was last Sunday; been traveling ever since. Managed to sneak back home to grab a few things and thank God I didn't hear any of them." She took a deep breath, trying not to think about the picture hidden in her bag. "So I decided to come here. Thought maybe something was here for me. Guess I was right. Say goodbye to one-pieces, though." She lifted her shirt to reveal an ugly scar which covered most of her stomach.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:30 pm

"Oh my," Estelle said somewhat taken aback, although really she expected something like that from what she'd already heard earlier. "Well, I'm happy that for you it was relatively quick," she said trying to look on the bright side.

"I lived at Lenox Hill Hospital for about as long as I can remember. I was diagnosed with a genetic disorder when I was a little kid called combined immunodeficiency...There's not a whole lot that can be done for it really other than to pump me full of antibiotics, keep me in a clean room, and hope for the best, and that's pretty much what happened. I still got sick, and I was pretty much forbidden to leave my room. I was used to it though, so it's okay," she grinned. "I remember the last time I saw my parents was when I was four and my mom was pregnant with I think my little brother. I haven't met him, but I didn't expect to.

"I caught Lassa fever a little less than a year ago from some tourists who were in the room down the hall from me. It was bad. There wasn't a whole that could be done. My liver was shot from the medications, and there was nobody would even think of putting me on a donor list. So...Lassa and renal failure. Even the morphine didn't help that hurt any less. By the end...I really just wanted it to stop.

"I woke up in the autopsy room and scared the piss out of the ME," Anaya said laughing aloud at the memory pulling down the shirt a little and revealing a very neat, "Y" shaped line along her sternum and up atop both her clavicles. In retrospect, it was kinda' funny.

ooc: Lassa fever is in the same general ballpark as Ebola
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:26 pm

OOC: Sorry, UNFORGIVEN, I wasn't online between your posts

bic: I groggily wake up to the sound of Adam knocking on my door. He knows I'm a heavy sleeper, so to wake me up, he must have a good reason. I slowly get up, and put on some clothes. Opening my door, I realize I must have taken a bit longer getting up than I planned, so I go to find Adam.

I find him sleeping on the other couch from Jade. He had sounded like things were urgent, so I decide I should wake him.

"Adam, sorry for taking so long, you needed to talk to me?" I ask as I shake his shoulder.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:42 pm

"yeah a good damn nut job can enter your dreams and kill yoir geist, thats why i woke you up, i found this out when the wackjob tried to kill me and my giest, and it is a sin eater like us"i say scared as hell which took a hell of alot to make me scared
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:56 pm

"Are you completely sure?" I ask him, quite concerned. I'd heard rumors about people's Geists being destroyed, and none of them ended well for the host. "If you're right, things are dangerous for all of us. I'll get to work warding the apartment. For now, let everyone sleep, they need it. In the morning, we'll warn everybody of the danger."

I get up to walk away. If someone can enter our dreams, it's vital that I put up any protections that I can to keep them out.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:04 pm

"mate i am not joking this new scar over my right eye should prove im serious" i said following him and turning a light on "this is no bullshit those rumors are true" i say still spooked and disoriented
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:44 pm

ooc- Eeeewww...You really know how to make your characters suffer. >.<

"Yeah...quick..." What Cissy didn't correct was that it had been quite a while before she'd died. The bear had taken bits of her, but she'd bled out, dying in extreme pain before waking up with the buzzards and wild dogs picking at her insides. "I seemed to give the scavangers a good scare, though. They're not used to their food gettin' up and walkin' away." She listened with growing horror at her companion's tale.

"That's awful! I'm...I'm so sorry..." Cissy frowned, truly feeling bad for Anaya. "That...it shouldn't happen. To anyone."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:56 pm

ooc: It's my specialty. <3 I like pain, as long as I don't turn into a total Sue for it. I will never use it as an excuse. >.>

bic: She chuckled.
    "You can find the humor in such things. That's really cool," she said honestly.

"It's fine. That part of my...existence is done," she said and nodded. "Same for you," she nodded.

A moment passed in mutual silence.

"Tell me...has anything...unusual been happening to you since you know...you came back?" Her expression was uncomfortable, but she had to know that she wasn't losing her mind or at least that maybe they were all losing their mind and she wasn't alone in that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:26 pm

"Yes, well...doesn't mean I miss it any less. I miss my brothers...and my parents..." Cissy stopped herself there and let the silence take it's place. She wanted to cry. She wanted to wail in agony. I want to go home!! she thought desperately, forcing herself to gulp back the tears.

"What do you mean? What sort of unusual things?" She frowned. There had been a rock here which had wiggled seemingly of its own accord, a cockroach which had amused her for longer than she thought was healthy, imagining a sort of conversation they'd have so vividly it seemed real. But she hadn't given any creedance to any of it. "Like...Geist things?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:37 pm

Anaya frowned slightly feeling that she'd struck a chord with the girl and decided definitely not to bring up family again. She may have hated hers, but Anaya could tell that Cissy still loved hers very much. In a way, she was very envious of that.

"Well...like um..." she scarcely knew how to explain it. "Like...water that's supposed to be falling that won't fall down. Like it just hangs in midair instead of moving..." she stammered not quite believing herself.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:49 am

Cissy frowned. That was strange indeed.

"Um...nothing quite like that's happened to me. You might wanna talk to Logan about it in the morning, though; it does sound Geist-related." Did they gain certain powers when they made the deal? At this point, nothing would surprise her much. "Is that what happened to you?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:00 am

She nodded and held up a finger as though to say, one moment, and walked to the bathroom. She returned a few moments later carrying water in her cupped hands. Without warning she threw it at Cissy but held her breath. Just as the water left her hands, it stilled in midair.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:36 am

Akimaru's eyes shot open and he sat bolt upright. His breathing was heavy and laboured and his body was drenched in a cold sweat. his hands shot to his throat and he felt the ugly scar that went all around his neck.

His deep breaths got slower and smaller and soon he seemed back to normal. Swinging his legs out of the bed he tried to stand but his legs gave way underneath him. He tried again and found the strength to stand and walk the few paces to his door.

He pushed it open as his legs gave way and he collapsed into the hallway.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Cissy threw herself backwards to avoid the water and sat up, getting ready to yell at Anaya for the random attack; even if she was just playing, it wasn't the hour for it and she really wasn't in the mood. She closed her mouth, however, and her eyes widened when she saw the water hanging there in midair. Slowly, she got up from her place on the bed and walked around to the end, above which the water was suspended. Reaching out cautiously, she touched it. It felt like water...it looked like water...but it wasn't moving. She turned to Anaya with a somewhat scared look.

"How are you doing that?" she asked shakily.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:34 pm

Anaya shrugged and waited until the other was well out of the way before exhaling the held breath. The water continued its fall as though nothing has happened at all. It fell to the floor in droplets.

"I don't know. It just happened. I was in the shower, and it did the same thing," she said. "I'm not crazy," she asked.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Cissy shook her head.

"No...you aren't," she agreed slowly. "But we definitely need to talk to Logan about this, see if it's normal. The question is whether we do it tonight or in the morning." She glanced at the clock; 10:30 already.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:11 pm

Anaya grabbed a cloth from the bathroom and started wiping up the water.

"I suppose it can wait. I'll just try as much as I can to avoid breathing while around water at least until the morning," she said with a sort of chuckle.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:14 pm

Cissy couldn't help but smile at the grim humor.

"If it is a Geist thing, I wonder what I can do? Or the others..." she wondered aloud.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:17 pm

"Me too. I hope it's just a Giest thing..." she sighed. "Well, I've kept you up long enough, rambling," she chuckled. "You think we should call it an evening?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:07 am