Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

The Little Shop Around the Corner [Faith&Mercy]

Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

The Little Shop Around the Corner [Faith&Mercy] Empty The Little Shop Around the Corner [Faith&Mercy]

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:05 pm

I have a Roleplay I saw on Anon before it shut down. The idea seems nice so I thought I would try it.

I want someone who will post like a mofo! My schedule is hectic so bare with me

Here it is

Your POV:

You own a small bookstore that was run by your mother before you ran it. Its name is The Little Shop around the Corner. I on the other hand, run a multimillion dollar book store chain called Fox Books. Every day, we pass each other on our ways to work, but we never actually talk. I’m just another guy on the streets of Manhattan to you. After working long hours, myself opening a new million dollar facility just down the street from your quaint shop, I come home and log onto my trusty computer.
    You do the same, having a boyfriend you’re unhappy with, you long onto your Email account. When you get online you see you have a new message. It’s from a non-reply account with my messaging address inside. Intrigued, you start up a conversation with another username, just like yourself. What will happen when I get your email? Will I respond, or just leave it to my junk mail box?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

The Little Shop Around the Corner [Faith&Mercy] Empty Re: The Little Shop Around the Corner [Faith&Mercy]

Post by Mercy Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:16 pm

I'll take a whack at it, if that's ok with you
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

The Little Shop Around the Corner [Faith&Mercy] Empty Re: The Little Shop Around the Corner [Faith&Mercy]

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:42 pm

Of course I'm okay with roleplaying with you Muffin! I'll post my bio when I get home from school tomorrow. I've done gone and fell down the stairs again and I'm having back problems. I'm too exhausted to get on my laptop and type up a bio right now. Promise. Tomorrow after school (or maybe in the morning, I dunno)
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:43 pm

Name: Faith Wynters
    Sexuality: Bi-Sexual

Hair Color: Black
    Hair Style: Short, almost Pixie Style. (1)
    Eye Color: Green

Clothing Style: Faith is very casual with her shop. So her clothing depends on what time of year it is and what’s going on around her. [Will be updated when needed]
    As of now: http://cuppycakecreep.polyvore.com/

Piercings: Faith doesn’t allow herself to look unappealing to costumers, especially since they are growing thin because of the bookstore they just put in down the street. She has her ears pierced once and her belly button had been pierced.
    Tattoos: a small black hears in between her thumb and her index finger
    Make Up: Faith thinks her eyes go well with purple so no matter what, she’s always got purple eye makeup on [Unless it’s tacky of course and she goes without] (2)

Personality: Faith is a very bright person most of the time, but with Fox Book moving in just down the street she’s grown unhappy. Faith likes to have fun and can be considered a ‘people’s person’ most of the time. When she’s angry though she has a tendency to get physical which could be bad sometimes.

History: Faith’s mother was one of strong attributes. Her father died in a car crash when Faith was five and she doesn’t really remember much of him. Of course, her mother, after finding a new husband and staying at home to stay with Faith, She decided to start us her very own bookstore for the neighborhood. Faith, of course, loves to read, being brought up on the stuff. Her mother dies three or four years past and Faith now is seeing the debt of running with the big dogs of NYC.

(1)

Spoiler:

(2)

Spoiler:

Last edited by Faith Wynters on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:11 am

Name: Mercedes Thompson [Mercy]

Sexuality: Pansexual

Looks: intense forest green eyes long eyelashes. Sun kissed brown hair, comes a little past my shoulders, parted to side and side bangs.

Make Up: black eyeliner and mascara.

Body Type: Curvy, thin. Hourglass; hides it under sweatshirts mostly. Toned nicely due to swimming and other sports

Jewelry: Cartilage piercing with a small silver hoop and two small regular piercings [black studs]. A necklace my mom gave me with a silver heart pendant on it.

Tattoos: Black angel wings on my back, not too big, not too small. Wolf pawprint on my hip, irish celtic knot on my wrist, music note behind my ear.

Clothes: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=40220247

Personality: Strong, independent, and doesn't exactly like being pushed around but also hates the thought of hurting anyone, which causes a lot of predicaments. Suffers from anxiety and depression -- is taking medicine and has been well for the past four years. Is blunt and sarcastic, yet sociable and well-liked by most people. A poet, a dreamer, loves to sing, write, read, and do photography.

History: Graduated from Loyola University in Chicago as an English major, emphasis on creative writing. Loves to work on her own things, but decided to move out of her apartment in Chicago and make her way to New York. Is unhappily settled with a boyfriend at the moment, and lives in a studio apartment in New York.

Height/Weight: 5’5 + 117 pounds
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:32 am

ooc- I'll post when I get home. I don't have time right now.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:01 pm

Snow sparkled on the ground outside. Ah, wintertime in New York City. It was nice. It was cold. It was something I always enjoyed about the year. Christmas was just around the corner and the many people coming in to buy books for loved ones always brought in a large amount of cash flow. Of course, now wasn’t exactly like normal. Curse the big businesses for taking the customers. Wouldn’t you rather a nice face over choice? Apparently customers didn’t think so.
    I shook my head as I looked at the register. It was and older model so it wasn’t as complex as it could be. I took in a deep breath as I rose from where I had been leaning over the glass counter. I pushed a few button, turning the key. I pulled it out, having taken out the drawer. I pulled it back to the safe in the back, a sigh on my lips. I pushed the safe closed, turning the small knob.
    All I had to do was turn off the lights and lock up before I went upstairs to my apartment. I was glad we didn’t have to pay for rent on an apartment. We already had problems enough paying the bills. I was silent as I looked up a moment. I knew that Richard would be home already. He worked, waiting tables, while he tried to make it through school. He would have dinner ready, but really, it didn’t matter. He wasn’t the best cook though, but I didn’t mind.
    I pushed the small button that locked the front door. I turned the bolts, and pulled down a small cover for the doors. It kept the shop safe. I watched silently a moment before walking to the stairs. The lights and security system would be worked on when I got there. Hopefully I would be able to check on Richard soon.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:04 pm

I smiled, "Thank you." The little boy took his coins and placed it in my tip jar.

"Merry Christmas." He says, his blue eyes sparkling. There was something about Christmas time that brought everyone together.

I wave goodbye to the mother and the boy and look around my small book shop. It wasn't much, but it was a start. I run my fingers through my hair and check the the time, just about closing time. I dust across the store and do a bit of vacuuming. I grab my winter coat, and put on my gloves, grabbing the store keys and changing the open sign to close. The lock clicks and I put my knitted hat on and begin to walk back to my apartment, breathing in the crisp air and smiling a bit.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:06 pm

ooc- I think we just posted from the same POV...

I think we might need to discuss who is doing which POV...
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:15 pm

I thought i was the small business owner o.O v.v confused
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:55 pm

ooc- Okay, I didn't know who what who :s I just posted on one. I'll edit my post in moment. I'm tied up in a school porject.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:40 pm

I was silent as I watched all the people below. The new coffee shop we had put in was really making a killing. Everything was always the same. A new place would open; we would push everyone else out, and then move on to another town. I was providing literature for the people, It wasn’t my fault I could do it on a higher scale than everyone else. Of course, this was Manhattan. You would never be able to push out all the small businesses here, there were simply too many of them.

I took in a short breath as I turned away from the large window that looked over the two-story store. I was silent a moment as people bustled around. This was the biggest most expensive projects we had created. I had to be here to keep everything on track. I was silent a moment before I began back out of my office. It was almost closing time. I liked the fact that I could be here until then. No one was pushing me out. No one was going to get me to do anything I didn’t want to do. I brought Fox book up from the ground and I did everything I had to do to keep it running. I was the boss. Now, I could finally enjoy going home with hard day’s work under my belt.

I had my coat in hand, a small smile on my lips. The chill of snow was something I wasn’t really used to all that much. Where I had come from, it was always warm. I smiled lightly, taking in a deep breath. My apartment wasn’t but a few blocks down. I made sure I built the store in some of the higher parts of town. More money, more literature known people ws what I was aiming for, and I got it. I watched silently a moment before stepping up the stairs to the apartment building, a small smile still on my lips. I loved profit.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:26 pm

The big red letters of Fox Books lingered over my head and I squinted up against the crisp wind to take a look. I had passed by it almost every day, and maybe even stopped in once or twice. I shrug, happy with my small shop anyway.

I sigh, turning and pulling my knitted hat over my head, covering my ears and shuffling across the snow-covered sidewalks, making my way towards my apartment.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:49 pm

My coat covers my body as I walk from the steps. I had people that would easily turn off the lights and shut down for me so what was the big deal? I could say that I had the upper hand. I smile lightly as I push myself into he elevator. I don’t like them, but they get me to where I need to go.

Every day I take the same walk and every day I seem to come home happier and happier. The door slides open, calling me away from my thoughts. I take large steps toward my apartment. It’s someplace I can go to calm down and be away from people.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:34 pm

ooc- Mercy, I was wondering if you were interested in continuing this roleplay?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:33 pm

I walk towards my apartment and say hello to the doorman with a small smile, "Hello Rupert."

"Good day, Miss Thompson. How is the old shop doing?" He asks, his irish accent thick.

"It's great" I smile "It's the holiday season, so things are going pretty quick."

"Good to hear."

I make my way up the stairs to the third floor and make my way to my room, opening the door and throwing my stuff. My cat, Oscar, comes purring around the corner and greets me.

"Hey boy." I smile and go sit down on the futon.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:43 pm

My grin is large as I make it into the large Condo. I giggle quietly as I make my way into the front room. It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to come home and relax. I take in a short breath. I have no one to greet me. It’s nice having a house to yourself. I smile quietly, pushing a hand through my hair. I make my way toward my room, discarding my purse and coat on the kitchen table.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:59 am