Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Running from the Pain

Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Running from the Pain - Page 6 Empty Running from the Pain

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Me:

I’m twenty five, with a 'nice' husband and no children. South Carolina is a place I’ve called home my whole life. Now that we’ve gotten another house, our two year anniversary is coming up. We met each other in a rather sweet situation. A friend hooked me up with the handsome, well-off Mr. Lewis and only a few months after, we were Mr. and Mrs. Jack Lewis.

Lately, we haven’t been just the perfect couple. We’ve fought and Jack has been getting bored. He only hit me a few times at first, and he said he was sorry. I forgave him, but every few days he would get right back to where we were before. The last few times, he’d left bruises. This time it’s even worse, he pushed me down the stairs, causing me to break my collar bone.

Of course, he threatened me. If I said anything he would find a ditch for me. That’s when I knew I couldn’t stand it anymore. I waited until I was fully healed, taking the beatings and the insults until there was nothing holding me back.

I made sure everything was ready for me. I had a friend from work drive with me up to the caverns in the mountains. I made sure I had everything; A pair of scissors, hair dye, and color changing contacts. I stashed them all in a small hole in the wall before having her take me back to my abusive home.

This is where my story begins. I ask my husband if he would be so kind as to take us on a walk through the caverns. I’ve done my research, knowing that many people have gotten lost in the caves. I make sure I know exactly where I’m going. I’ll be in a cavern that he’ll never find me in.

Of course, I go down first, being ‘excited’ and as we get farther down in the cave I slip. I had the only lamp, making sure that I break it as I fall into the safety of the caverns below. Jack calls for me, but there is no response and he grows frantic and exits the cave the way he’s come to call the police; to get help.

My friend picked me up once I got out of the cave. She took me out of the city, to a hotel. There she had her friend cut my hair, dye it. There I was made to change clothes, to change styles altogether. I felt like on a free woman. She went back home, and left her friend, who could be trusted, take me many states over. I made it to New York, and I knew I could hide there.

. . .

You:

You on the other hand live in New York City. You’ve got no family, and you’ve been up here looking for a different line of work. You’ve been working in normal, black tie offices since you got here about 8 months ago. You go to work, go to a small diner to eat lunch, and retreat back to your cubicle. You want a different job; an escape; anything to get you out of this dull life and into the light! That is what you came to New York for after all.

A few months after the same, rude Brooklyn waitresses, a new girl comes on shift. She’s got a nice southern accent that seems to catch the ears of all the regulars. Of course, you are just another customer to her, another tip left on the table now and again. One day, you decide to talk to her, see if she’ll tell you a story or anything about her. You don’t like her; you’re just curious. What happens when you talk to her? Will she just see you as another tip, or will she actually talk to you?

. . .

This is where we begin. It’s been about a month since I started working in a diner and it’s the beginning of the lunch rush. It’s also the day you decide to talk to me.

. . .

Rules:

1. I expect more than just one or two lines. I want BIG posts
    2. I want good grammar, Capitalization, and no "My bfs gfs bro" stuff
    3. Girls are okay Very Happy
    4. I expect an Up-to-par Roleplayer and Bio
    5. Be a good sport
    6. I'm not about to 'do' you
    7. I do curse a little bit
    8. Later on in the roleplay, there will be violent bits, I need someone who can play out a fight scene without him/her being the hulk

Last edited by Faith Wynters on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI
    The Happy Latin Dutch Italian

Running from the Pain - Page 6 Empty Re: Running from the Pain

Post by Al THLDI Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:49 pm

ooc-oh alright xP

IC- Finally it seemed like it opened and I walked through the entrance. This time I didn't take my usual seat. I went along seeing where Vanessa was at. I smiled. I didn't believe I would have found her this early. I had wished i could, seems like I'm in good fortune today.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:07 pm

I hear the first ring of the bell above of the door as the first customer walks through the door. I’m busy putting water into the tea maker to look and see who it is.

“Welcome” My word is simple, but sweet as I get on my tippy-toes to see the line inside the big container. Even with heels on I was still too short to really see over the top, but once I finish filling the tea maker, I close the lid and turn to see who all has come in. Only two people, a regular of Savannah’s and…Hm, interesting. I smile as I see her walking toward the counter. Didn’t expect to see her again, and never this soon.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:23 pm

I looked around the counter, then soon enough I noticed she had noticed I was here already. I just kept smiling at and waited for her to come closer for a possibly chit chat and take my order as well.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:52 pm

I walked closer to the girl. The night before had been cut short and I wanted to apologize for it. I walked to the counter, wiping it off as I watched her for a moment. Even though we just opened, it was nice to clean up anyway. I pull a menu from below the counter, a smile on my lips.

“What can I get ya, hun?” I look up to her, wondering what her reaction might be. I shouldn’t be worried, unless she acts as if she doesn’t know me. Then again, it would be another wasted drink on her part then, so in reality, I had nothing to worry about.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:32 pm

I saw Vanessa walk over towards me, cleaned the counter and handed me the menu. I smiled at her and liked very much how she greeted me. "Well I would love to have my usual vanilla cappuccino and a doughnut on the side. How are you?" I asked her without taking my eyes off her.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:42 pm

It seems that she doesn’t need the menu. That’s fine with me. I watch her a moment as I memorize hr order. She asks me how I am and I give her a flirtatious smile.

“I’ve got a little bit of a hangover, but other than that I’m alright. What about you?” I’m simple with my words as I turn, starting toward the cappuccino machine.

“Did you want that to go or sit in?” I make my way to the complicated-looking machine, stopping to turn toward the girl.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:51 pm

"Well I am doing quite fine. I barely drank, and I've been up for some time." I replied as I checked my watch seeing that I had time to spare. "I could sure stick around for a bit."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:02 pm

I don’t answer for a moment as I’m busy making her drink. I fill it up more than I normally would, but that’s my problem really. I turn slightly as I wait for them to put the donuts out for the day. They buy them fresh, so it takes a few after who open to get them.
    “I usually don’t drink, you see?” I turn,, bringing her the drink. I smile at her, leaning against the counter.
    “I’ve been up since four o’clock this morning and my head’s still throbbing” I smirk at her as I hear the bell ding. I smile, it’s the donut kid.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:08 pm

I couldn't help letting out a chuckle, "Well I can't say I am quite sorry for buying you your drink." I noticed my coffee was filled up a bit more than usual. I just smiled and took a sip. I really enjoyed this cappuccino. The entrance chimes sounded and I could smell the scent of freshly made doughnuts. "Smells fantastic."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:07 pm

I laugh quietly at her words. I shake my head, walking toward the pastry case, grabbing one. I’m glad it’s too early for other people to be here, I can talk to her and I don’t have to worry about getting bitched out because of it.

“I actually needed that drink. I haven’t been able to drink and relax since-“ I cut myself off. I was getting loose at the lips. I couldn’t have that. I grunt, shaking my head. “For awhile” I finish my words, shutting down any thoughts of my past. It was just that, gone and never coming back.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:48 pm

I studied her expressions. It was more than obvious that she was hiding something. She seemed slightly mysterious which easily brought me more curious towards her, who she was, why was she here out of all places she could possibly have been. "Oh, well glad I was able to help." I smiled at her.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:10 pm

I smile at her words as I look over. Someone is sitting at the end of the counter. I pull a menu into my hands, turning to walk toward the male. I place it out in front of him, giving him a smile.

“Hello, my name is Vanessa and I’ll be your server” I smile and he seems to ignore me for a moment.
    “I’ll let you look over the menu and I’ll be back” I smile, turning and walking back to the girl.

“Maybe I can return to favor sometime?” I watch her a moment, wondering if she would even think about going back out with me.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:41 pm

She had to go off to attend someone else. i didn't want her to go but then again this was part of her job. I enjoyed my coffee and doughnut, then she came back to me. I couldn't help smiling with her suggestion. "Well I certainly don't see that as a problem, In fact, I would like that very much." I replied.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:45 pm

I nodded quietly at her response. She seemed like one that enjoyed a party or two. I-sadly-didn’t know where anything was in New York. I was simply here; work, and home. I took in a deep breath, a sigh on my lips.

“Well, you’ve got my number when you’re free.” I turned quietly turned, walking toward the man.
    “What can I get you, sir?”
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:00 pm

I was already done with my doughnut and was enjoying the remaining of my coffee. She had to yet attend another customer. I sat there waiting patiently. I guess I was free again tonight, but to go to a party wouldn't be wide because i already did last night.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:49 pm

I’m quiet as I listen to his order. It seems straightforward enough; I don’t even bother to write it down.

“2 eggs, Sunny-side up, and a side of bacon” I nodded as I repeated the order back. I pointed to the Orange Juice dispenser. “Pulp or none?” I turn, pulling a cup from the stack as I hear the order for pulp. I nodded, pouring the orange liquid into a cup. “That’s my kinda man, pulp’s the way to go darling” I winked, walking over to the window to put in his order. I walked back to the girl, a flirtatious smile on my lips.

“I’d love to cook for you sometime, but it’ll have to be once I get an apartment I can cook in. I bet you’ve never had down home cookin’ like I can provide” I shrug, a small smile on my lips.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:20 pm

I looked at her and i loved her idea. "Well, I have a decent size kitchen.... I suggested. I took out my wallet to pay for the coffee and doughnut and leaving a decent tip.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:55 pm

She seemed to be hinting that she wanted me to come to her place and cook. I smile at her quietly, approvingly, about her idea. I like it. I straighten up, my heels clicking on the floor as I back up a little bit. I hear the ding of the order bell. I turn, walking to the window. It’s the Pulp man’s food. I pull it through the window, plastering a smile on my face as I walk back to his table set.

“Enjoy; oh, and a refills on me” I wink, grabbing his glass and taking it to the Oj station. I return it before returning myself to the girl.

“So, maybe I could come over sometime and cook for ya?” I hint around, taking the money from the table. I didn’t write up a ticket, but I notice that she’s set down an awful lot; more than what should ever be expected as a tip.

“Let me go get your change, hun” I smile at her, shoving the money in my pocket. I would wait for an answer before I left; I had been cutting our conversation short. I was on the job though.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:25 am

I stood up and shook my head at her, "Tell me when would be best for you to come cook. I'm free tonight and tomorrow for sure. So text or call me. Thanks by the way." I told her before I turned and headed towards the door.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:38 am

I wonder if I should call her after work today, I only work until about four then I’m off for the night. It’s one of my only free days in the week. I take in a short breath, watching as she leaves. She’ll be free tonight and tomorrow. I wonder if I’ll feel desperate if I call her tonight. I wave, deciding that it might be best to wait until tomorrow. I think I have an off day tomorrow. It’s Saturday, I try to think through my schedule, but I’ll have to look at it when I get off.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Before I got in my car, I just turned a little bit to see her one more time. I hope she would call me. I didn't care if it was today or not, but latest tomorrow. Anyhow, I had to start thinking about work.

Once I arrived at my office, nice and messy office....I sat on my desk and started to work.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:57 pm

No matter how much I work nor how hard I smile, I can’t get the thought of the girl out of my head. I keep on smiling even though I can’t stop thinking about everything accept work. It’s going to be wrong. I decide halfway through breakfast shift that I have to call her when I get out of work. I’ll get her out of my system and that’ll be the end of it.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:14 am

The hours went on passing, the sounds down the office of people chattering started to fade to the extent that I would only hear the clattering sound of my fingers on my keyboard. Sometimes hours a work would get the best of me and if I didn't have an alarm or something to wake me up and bring me back to reality, I could easily end up waking up here the next morning as if nothing.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:29 am

Soon after I had made it through breakfast shift, I felt my feet begin to ache. I sigh quietly, looking down. I don’t know why, and the feeling makes me becoming disappointed in myself. My feet had never hurt during the day before. I can’t let it get to me though, it’s lunch rush now, I don’t have time to worry about it; I’ve got work to do.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:46 pm

It was office hours closing time. One of my co-workers came in to remind me that. I thanked him and checked my cellphone. I somehow had wished I had heard from her. I shrugged and decided that maybe I should instead. I texted her. [Hey there beautiful. How has the day treated you.] I hit send and I continued picking my things up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:32 am