Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

I chose... Rapture. [Faith/ Dream]

Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

I chose... Rapture. [Faith/ Dream]  Empty I chose... Rapture. [Faith/ Dream]

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:59 am

Welcome to Rapture

I chose... Rapture. [Faith/ Dream]  256px-10

"Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

'No,' says the man in Washington, 'it belongs to the poor.'
    'No,' says the man in the Vatican, 'it belongs to God.'
    'No,' says the man in Moscow, 'it belongs to everyone.'

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...”
    Rapture!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Rapture. A city where the artist can roam freely, the scientist can create with the sky as the limit, and the power is with the people. Such a place could never exist on land therefore it was literally built on the bottom of the ocean, as far away from the governing powers as possible. Out of every jurisdiction. The extreme of extremes. It is a massive place with buildings that tower over head and long walkways that link different areas of the city together.
    Everything you could ever want you can find in Rapture. There are stores, restaurants, hotels, spas, housing units, art galleries, markets, sports centers and for those who enjoy a little bit of nighttime excitement there are bars and love-houses. Everyone is welcome in Rapture! There are no minorities. Everyone is equal. Everyone gets a fair share.
    All of this is thanks to to the hard work and dedication of our founder Andrew Ryan!

At least..that's how things used to be. Before the revolution. On New Year's Eve, at 12:00 on the dot, just as the clocks were ticking down and the champagne bottles were about to be popped, explosions rang through the entire city. The whole foundation of Rapture was shaken to its very core. Those explosions marked the beginning of what would be a long battle throughout the streets between those who supported Andrew Ryan and those who supported a man named Frank Fontaine. Soon blood coated every wall on every corner of the city. The year 1959 was off to a great start.

Hundreds died and those that didn't die..were left to slowly go insane. Driven only further to insanity by their addiction to Adam; the genetical stimulant that once kept the wheels of Rapture turning.
    The side-effect of this drug was both an overwhelming addiction to it and a range of horrible disfigurations due to the way the drug affected the human body. Those addicted where named Splicers and those Splicers are all that are left in this city. They do whatever they can to get their hands on Adam..even if it means killing each other. Many have banded together in order to overpower those who are weak, making them even more dangerous.

The revolution was two years ago. There are now those who are merely trying to get by and those who are trying to escape. But to escape means going through hell and back again...straight through the center of the city. Can you make it out?
    Let's see, shall we?
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

I chose... Rapture. [Faith/ Dream]  Empty Re: I chose... Rapture. [Faith/ Dream]

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:10 am

Nice, I like it! I'm creating my bio. Hopefully it will be done soon.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

I chose... Rapture. [Faith/ Dream]  Empty Re: I chose... Rapture. [Faith/ Dream]

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:56 am

Character Bio

Basic
    Name: Echo
    Sex: Female

Features
    Ethnic: Native to Rapture, sort of.
    Skin color: Pale, not quite white but definitely a different tone than most due to lack of sunlight throughout her life.
    Height: 5'9"
    Build: Echo has a slight build. She's quite thin with very few curves across her body beyond a few here and there. Not quite the voluptuous beauty that many look for.
    Weight: 110 lbs
    Hair(color/style): A dark red color that's a bit hard to describe, it looks almost like she's got highlights but it's her natural hair color.
    Eyes: A bit of a dark green color.
    Facial Appearance: Echo has a certain beauty to her that is hard to describe. All of her features are soft from the way her lips come together, the sprinkle of freckles across her cheeks, to her somewhat small nose, and the way that she always seems to have an anxious furrow in her brow. She's attractive by any standards but wouldn't be called beautiful just at a glance.

Spoiler:

Dressware
    Coat/Jacket: A simple black cardigan that she wears with a scarf for warmth.
    Top: A white ruffled blouse with a dark brown vest.
    Bottom: Either brown or black pants that hug her legs but give her enough flexibility to move around in.
    Shoes: Black shoes that look a bit like flats really.
    Jewelry: Around her neck she wears a necklace she was given in the orphanage that has her name and an ID number on it.
    Accessories: She wears a small carrier bag that has a few small EVE hypos in case she needs them urgently. In it she also carries small bandages and a couple bars of chocolate.
    Armor: Echo wears a prototype suit of armor that was built for her specifically. After the revolution the first place she went was back to the lab to retrieve it, knowing that it would protect her a little more than normal clothing. (Exactly like in the picture below)

Spoiler:

About Character
    Relationship status: Single.
    Sexuality: Never been given the chance to explore.
    Hobbies: Drawing, humming quietly seeing as she can't sing without being discovered, collecting records that were abandoned after the revolution.
    Preferred weapon: Really anything she can get her hands on.
    Secret: She was one of the first Little Sisters ever brought into the Big Sister program.

Personality:
    Echo has a little bit of a complicated personality. On one side she's sweet, curious, caring, and a shoulder to lean on for those who need one. When confronted with someone she doesn't know, she'll tend to be quiet and shy. Easy to fluster. More often than not she's too quick to put her trust in someone who probably isn't trustworthy at all.

On the other hand she has also been deeply affected by what happened to her earlier on in life. There are moments where she will have complete breakdowns that will leave her nervous, scared, and almost child-like in nature. Like a small girl who's walking through a dark hallway in the middle of the night and she's afraid there's something lurking in the shadows, a bit like that.

Background:
    Echo's background isn't a very happy thing nor does she remember much of it. She was born somewhere in America but her parents moved down to Rapture to escape the grasp of what they felt was an unjust government who was restricting them too much. The shift was a significant part of her life as it marked the beginning of a period of uncertainty as well as a period of fear. Being in a new place at such a young age meant that she had no idea what was going on around her. This made her an easy target for abduction. One day she strayed too far away from her parents and she became lost. Lost in a city at the bottom of the sea.
    Soon she was found but not by her parents, rather by the men who were looking for little girls just like her. They coaxed her into coming with them and by the time she realized something was wrong, it was too late for her to turn back. In an instant she was whisked away into a world of experiments and tests.

After that there is a long lapse in her memory. She doesn't remember what happened or what she did for what was 9 years of her life. In her eyes there is a hole in her life. All she remembers is that one day she found herself waking up in what felt like a hospital bed. Doctors around here were all quietly murmuring about how 'the drugs were having no effect' and how 'this one's mind is not malleable enough'. Slowly she faded back into unconsciousness.
    The next thing she knew she was woken up by the sounds of screaming. People were running back and forth in the hallways outside her room, as she could see their shadows as they moved past the fogged glass on the door. Without thinking Echo tore herself free of her bonds and made for the door. Without really knowing where she was going she ended up in the room where they stored her armor. She didn't know it was hers, consciously, but something inside her told her it would fit.

Echo quickly changed into it and without another thought she was out the door, pushing past all of the scientists and doctors who were trying to get to safety themselves. A few of them gave a surprised shout when they saw her but otherwise she went unnoticed in all of the chaos. The sound of gunfire ahead didn't faze her. It was as if her body was on auto-pilot. With inhuman agility she bounded right over those who were attacking the labs, men armed with machineguns, who could do nothing but stare after her in disbelief.
    After bolting through the doors she headed out into the war-zone outside..into a whole new world than the one she remembered when she was a child. She has been living in the shadows ever since. Her existence pitiful, traumatized, and scared.
    However she finds ways of making the best out of what she has.

Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:17 am

Character Name(s): Mira La’Mar
    Species: Human

Appearance
    Skin color: Porcelain, though there are more than a few scars across her skin.
    Build/Body type: The lack of food prevents Mira from growing very large. She is petite and has enough muscle on her to bash someone’s head in if she needs to.
    Hair Color: Mira’s hair is a sort of cocoa brown.
    Hairstyle: There really is no time to cut her hair. For this reason, Mira’s hair is long. She usually keeps it pulled over her left shoulder.
    Note: This is hair color, and facial features, accept Mira's eyes are blue.
    Spoiler:
    Eye Color: Deep Blue, almost like the ocean that is just beyond the glass and steel.
    Spoiler:
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: About 110-125 LBS
    Clothing: Click Here
    Mira wears a locket around her neck with a picture of her mother. The front is a lavender colored rose. She is quite fond of it.
    Sexuality: Bisexual

Other
    History: Mira started her life out on the surface. As a small child, only about six or seven, Mira was whisked away to the Utopia of Rapture with an unknown future. The only thing she really remembers is the fact that she lost all of her friends on the surface. Work for her father wasn’t what he had expected. He was the one doing the dirty work while the rest of the city ate from a silver spoon. Only a few years after living in Rapture, Mira’s father began to drink. There was enough Gin to go around, and he was making enough for at least that much. Living in Pauper’s drop wasn’t the easiest of living, but it taught Mira what she needed to in order for her to survive. The drinking got worse as the pay got less, and soon, Mira and her mother became subject to domestic abuse at their home. It happened for a while, actually, it happened until her father met his untimely demise a year or so into the civil war. Yes, Mira lived through that, and somehow was able to stay somewhat sane. Her father wasn’t so lucky. Mira’s mother was attacked and became another civilian casualty in the war between Fontaine and Ryan. Mira came home a few nights later to find her father drunk and spliced up. It didn’t seem bad at first, until she realized that the Telekinesis plasmid allowed her father to throw anything he wanted in her direction, resulting in a nasty blow to the head. When Mira awoke from the blow, she found her father passed out on the couch and just couldn’t take it anymore. Needless to say, she went crazy, and bashed his head in with a frying pan out of the kitchen. Her first kill in Rapture and it had been her father… It didn’t take Mira long before she had fallen into the hands of Pauper’s drop and she spliced. If she hadn’t spliced, she would have ended up just another death at the bottom of falling utopia. It was either adapt, or die. She just chose to adapt. Really, to have survived this long is more luck than anything she believes.

Personality: Mira has had a tough life. If you are around her long enough to find out about her, you're either lucky or there's a reason she's keeping you alive. Rapture has changed Mira, and not for the better either. She's not afraid to kill to survive.

Plasmids Used: Cyclone Trap and Winter Blast
    Weapons: A shotgun (That is currently out of ammunition) and a Rolling Pin (Hey! She uses what she can find!)
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:40 am

Echo

There was more movement among the Splicers than usual. A whole lot more. It was as if they had heard something that had riled them up enough to be jumpy. They were moving around the ground floor of the restaurant, muttering to each other, sharpening their knives, cursing at this and that, but most of all they were waiting for word that it was time to move out. They had only arrived the week before but once they found out that there was nothing for them to loot, not that they tried to get through the pile of rubble that blocked the stairway up to the second level, they quickly lost interest in the place. It was cold, the air was damp, and the lights weren't even working properly. They would flicker every now and then or die out completely for hours at a time. It was not the kind of place that they wanted to be in.

On the other hand it was exactly the kind of place that I wanted to be in. That darkness allowed me to keep hidden and what food I had managed to collect I could store in a working refrigerator I had come across when I first explored this place. I had only spent a few months here though and I only planned on staying for a few more weeks. So long as it took for me to find somewhere new that was just as safe as this floor was.
    One might think that sharing a building with Splicers would be dangerous but I thought of it as an advantage over other refuges. Here I could listen in on the gossip and find out where they were going to be that day, so I could go somewhere else. Or on the off chance that I over-heard them discussing somewhere that might have food I was able to beat them to the place so I could grab at least a little bit before they took it all.

The gossip tonight was very different though. Instead of talking about a place they were talking about places that they knew other Splicers and Non-Splicers were going to be. It took me a moment but then I realized that they weren't going to find somewhere to loot this time around. They were going straight for a person. They wanted Adam and chances are a person who's survived this long is bound to have some. That's what the Splicers were really after.
    For that reason I paid close attention to their voices and when it sounded like they were picking up to move, I slid towards the caved in hole in the wall I used as an entrance into my little room. Through the hole I could see them walking out of the door, making a left turn to head down the street. They were going out to look for someone to attack..but where were they going? I decided to follow them, quietly, in order to find out.

ooc: I hope this works as a bit of an opening post. I thought I might as well try to set up a meeting-point between our two characters. Seeing as Rapture is such a huge place.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:12 am

I think I had seen more of Rapture after hell had broken loose than even half of what I had seen just exploring. It was strange that I was able to slide from dark hole to dark hole. No place was safe for too long before the splicers went out. They would loot anything, and they killed anything that bothered to move.

I wasn’t moving around all the time, but it seemed that any time I found a place that was safe, I was followed by the damn splicers. I had been lucky enough to draw boundaries on how many of those gene tonics I put in me. I could have been just as mad for Adam as they were. It’s not that sometimes I wasn’t craving it. Sometimes I would go mad myself, but not in the same way that the others did. I took in small doses every few weeks and it was enough. If you didn’t keep the Adam in your body then you would go crazy. You didn’t need as much as all these lunatics would have you believe though. Just a taste of it would keep you going. That might have been how I had kept me staying me.

I was back in the alleyways of Pauper’s Drop again. I didn’t know why my feet always took me back here. I always assumed that the familiarity is what drew me close. I had just come all the way from Arcadia, expending the last few shells of buckshot into a spider splicer that had tried to dig one of those damn hooks into my back.

I hadn’t made it far into Pauper’s Drop. It was dark, and I was pressing myself to the walls. Only an old neon sign flickered far off in the distance. I knew how to keep myself hidden in the back alleys of this old shit-hole. The sounds of water dripping from the ceiling, and movement somewhere in the distance can be heard. Anything will echo off these walls though, so you can’t be sure where the sound is coming from, or how far away it is. I am silent though, coming down one of the darker walkways, and into a cave. It must have been blown out from a plasmid or one of those damn rocket launchers that they used to have around. I didn’t care. It was dark enough to hide in, for at least a little while to rest, before pushing myself back out into the dangers. Really, I had no choice but to stay here for a while. I was completely out of Eve and Ammunition. There was no way I could survive even one of those damn things. I had to wait, until I was sure that movement had ceased completely before venturing out to look some of the abandoned buildings. The chance of finding an Eve hypo though was slim to none in this area. Not too many people could afford Eve or Plasmids unless Fontaine or Atlas gave them to people in the poor houses. Now we hadn’t been poor enough to go into one of those. I still wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Free Eve or living on the streets. That’s what most people saw. They bit at the chance to have an easier life, and now they’re the crazed addicts.

I sigh, only quietly to myself. I have to keep watch, even when I rest. Being a lone person is always hard, but I make it work. I press myself to the wall behind me. It’s uneven, and bits of stone press into my back. I don’t mind it though. The safety of this hole is far greater than what I would get if I stepped out into the light of that sign. There was always someone ready to pick your still-warm body clean of everything you had.

It's fine. I really don't mind any of your posts at all. I am heading to bed now though, because I need to be sleeping soon if I'm getting up. Good Night Very Happy
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:39 am

"Are you sure you know where we're going?"
    "Of course I am, ya'idiot!"
    "Who're you callin' an idiot you squibhead."
    "Oi, oi, calm down you stupid choppers..there's something up ahead."
    The conversation between the Splicers wasn't always understandable but they managed to communicate somehow. Together as a bunch they moved through the streets without really caring about whether they were seen or not. A group of six Splicers armed to the teeth with various weapons was more than intimidating enough to keep most people hidden in the shadows. No matter how Adam-crazed they were, no-one was stupid enough to right out attack Splicers like these. They were thugs. Good for nothing but looting, stealing, and killing those who dare to stand in their way. The scum of the scum. A bit like the kind of gang you'd find stalking a neighborhood looking for someone to mug only in Rapture it was more like stalking the roads looking for someone to kill.

I had been following the group for what must have been close to an hour, keeping close enough not to lose them but far enough away that I didn't need to worry about them spotting me. Although I was stronger than your average individual, I was no match for six Splicers. Not without a proper weapon which is exactly what I lacked at this moment in time. Hell, I wasn't even sure what I was doing following them around through what I had come to learn was a place called Pauper's Drop. It's not like I was going to be able to do anything if they actually did come across anyone along the way.
    Still I followed them quietly while trying to figure out what it was exactly that they were looking for in this part of the city. Pauper's Drop was known for being the low-class section where most of these Splicers originated from.

The further into the Drop we got, the more nervous I became. If there was one thing I knew about this place it was that this was Spider Splicer territory. The walls of buildings on both sides were covered in small holes where the creatures had dug their claws to climb up along them.
    If there was one thing I feared more than the Splicers that were walking in front of me, it was the Spider Splicers that roamed these streets. They were just so much more..hideous and in that way they were so much more evil. They didn't even loot, they just killed.
    Suddenly the group stopped as if they were all listening closely for any sounds of movement. I froze in place and watched them from the shadows.
    The leader waved his hand and they began to spread out. Either they had heard something or they knew this area was a popular area for survivors to stay.

I slipped towards the nearest building and I hugged it until my armor just barely glanced against the surface of the wall, leaving me as concealed as I possibly could be in my position. I wanted to see what was going on but at the same time I didn't want to be seen by either them or any other Splicers that might happen to be in the area.
    The street was dark aside from a flickering neon sign that continuously blinked on and off, advertising for a brothel that had once been run out of the building it stood over. The Splicers seemed to be veering towards that very building as if they intended on exploring the inside of it.

ooc: Well then get some rest, okay? Goodnight. Smile
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:16 pm

I hadn’t been sitting in the dark crevice for very long. I might have been half an hour, but when you didn’t have a watch, you didn’t really care about time. You couldn’t really afford to sleep as much as you needed when you were alone, watching your back in this damn place. I had fallen into a half-lidded trance, sitting and watching the opening, knees pressed as close to my chest as I could manage. After a while, I have to force my eyes to open up, I have to make myself pay attention. The sounds had stopped, and for what little I could see, no one was around. It was time to go. I had to find Eve, had to loot the place. Hopefully someone hadn’t beat me to the punch.

I take in a deep breath to calm my nerves before placing both of my hands on the ground, and pushing myself out of the hole. Small pebbles stick to my palms, and I try to brush it off on my dress. My palms were sweaty, I was nervous. I didn’t like the idea of not having a weapon. I mean yeah, I had something to bash their heads in with, but what’s the point of bringing such a thing to a gun fight? That’s what it would turn into if I came across anyone.

I was being very careful about this. One wrong move and I was gone. A deep breath fills my lungs as I press myself to the darkest walls, trying to make my way across to the market shop. Everyone in Pauper’s Drop knew that the owner was selling Eve to Atlas before, under the table, for a cheaper cost. That was, Atlas was keeping him a nice home. The amounts alone that were bought would make him a rich man, no matter what the cost was. That’s where I was heading first. There could be boxes of the stuff! You just had to do a little looking first.

I’m almost there; just another fifty feet and I could duck into the shop. Then, I hear the sounds of others. They’re not afraid of making noise. Splicers--A gang from the sound of it. There wasn’t really anywhere to hide. In this situation, you just found the deepest hole to hide in until they passed. Oh how it’s going to burn me if they choose this place to loot. I turn, darting toward the market. There’s another hole in the wall. It’s not as deep, and not as dark as I would like, but you found ways to blend yourself into stone or steel or whatever you may need to blend into in this place. I push myself in, knees to my chest. I cut my hand on something in the ground. I piece of metal maybe? I don’t know, and at the moment, a cut is the least of my worries. For a moment, I just watch as they go by. The flickering neon would be the only way for them to see me. The deep red color caught on my face enough for you to be able to tell a face. They weren’t looking hard for people though it didn’t seem.

It seemed like there were six of them. It was a hard number to fight. I couldn’t, and I would be forced to go around them and hide from them when I had to. No normal person could fight this many when they were spliced to the bone and hungry for Adam. They were headed for the gentlemen’s club; the place I was going to head once I was done in the shop. I grit my teeth. Why did they insist of banding together. When they were lucky enough to find Adam, they fought over it, and most of the time, there was so little, they hungered for more. I had been smart. I had gotten what Adam I could find early. I would be well on it for a while when I used my minimal dosage method.

The group makes their way inside the building just a few shops down from where I’m at. It doesn’t seem like any of them notice me, which means I’m even more lucky than usual. I don’t move though. I need to look at my hand, and what is the point of going into the open to do it. I sigh; pulling my hand out so if was closer to the light. The blood pools in the palm of my hand. It’s not a bad cut, not in the least. It just broke skin. I have to push my legs out, away from me, so I can reach into one of the pockets on the underside of my dress. They are unnoticed from anyone not in the dress, but they hold very little. I hold the bandages in one of these pockets. I found a small backpack-satchel that carries the ammunition, the Eve, the Adam, and a pep bar or two. It was hard that first day without something to carry my things in, so I made due with what was around.

It was my last bit of bandage, but it was worth it if it would keep it from getting infected. Well, there was a possibility that it wouldn’t get infected. If I was smart, I would find a bottle of whiskey or vodka in one of the stores and make sure to disinfect it. A deep breath pulls from my lungs. It stings as I wrap the bandage tightly around the source of blood. It would stop soon, it was barley bleeding as it was.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:48 pm

"Oh this is the kind of place I could settle down in!"
    "Definitely. Let's see if it's got any Adam!"
    "Hey, guys look at the cash register over there..."
    The voices of the Splicers faded into muffled silence as the group of six headed into the brothel with little care for what might be around them. As a group they felt as though they were tough enough to take on any kind of threat they happened to come upon. Whether it was another Splicer, a Spider Splicer, or even a gang of Splicers in general like themselves. God forbid there was an unarmed survivor trying to take refuge inside of the gentleman's club. They were about to have a really bad day. At least they were out of the street and distracted for a little while.

The fact that they had disappeared inside allowed me to breathe a soft sigh of relief. Now that I didn't have to watch their every move I was free to really look around the area we were in. There wasn't too much to look at beyond the building the Splicers had just walked into. Just a few other buildings that had been worn down by the fighting that had gone on two years ago. Craters covered the walls from previous explosions, bullet holes riddled every surface, and just a general spread of debris told the story of what happened here on New Year's Eve and the days that followed.
    It wasn't a very pretty sight, that's for sure. It was a wonder that there weren't any bodies like the ones that you could find in some of the more ravaged parts of the city.

Cautiously I slipped away from the wall I had been hugging, moving slowly into the light out of the shadows. Every step was soft and careful. My eyes were too busy scanning the ground for a quiet path to notice movement to my left, a movement that would have alerted me to the presence of another woman. Instead I navigated my way across the street towards the opposite side, in the hopes that I would be able to find a building to stay in until the Splicers came out of the brothel. Of course this left me exposed and let me tell you, it'd be hard to miss someone dressed the way I was. The usual soft red glow at the front of my helmet alone could have drawn attention had I not been purposefully keeping it dim. I made it to about halfway across the road before movement in front of me caught my attention.

"Hello, hello, hello...what have we here?"
    A raspy voice whispered from the shadows. I froze. Again there was movement and from the almost pitch darkness of an alley came the slim body of a Spider Splicer. Thankfully this one wore a mask to hide his hideous face but his gangly body was only covered by some torn shorts and a t-shirt. His long fingers tightly gripped the hooks that made them so infamous among the Splicer population.
    "Looks like you've wandered a little bit too far away from your school little fishy.." He said as he advanced towards me, keeping his beady eyes trained on me.
    I was in trouble now.
    Out of instinct I started to back away from him, slowly, while trying to keep track of what he was doing with his hands. The moment he made a move I was going to turn and run..it was all I could do.
    "I'm not gonna hurt you.." He whispered tauntingly. "I just wanna see if you've got any Adam on you."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:53 pm

It didn’t take me long before I was patched up and ready to head for the store. I am very cautious now. The movement of so many splicers meant there could be a fight later on. I had to be careful not to be seen.

When I looked up however, I didn’t see the empty area I had hoped for. No—It caught me be surprise what I saw. I gasped ever so softly at the sight. A Big Sister? Weren’t all of those gone? Maybe not…They were just few and far between. I stopped, watching it as it krept along. Something was strange about it though. I didn’t seem to be as mechanical in nature as they normally were. This one watched the ground for something, and made sure to keep quiet. Normally, they didn’t care whether or not they were heard. It would usually take a gang of splicers to take down a Big Sister.

I wasn’t about to go out there. No—you didn’t mess with Big sisters for any reason, unless you wanted to get roasted alive. I would wait for her to pass too. Usually, they weren’t around unless they had something to tend to, and in Pauper’s drop, they weren’t sent down here unless it was urgent. She wouldn’t be here long, and then I would be free to finally get that Eve.

Something different happens though. It seems there’s so much more activity today. A spider splicer appears. He’s stupid. One splicer against a Big Sister? There’s no way that would ever work. He seems to know something I don’t for as he speaks, the sister begins backing away. What was this? Big Sisters didn’t get afraid of a simple splicer. Hell, they could roast that damned thing easily. Why was it so afraid?

It was a curious sight and a curious idea, but I wasn’t one to let myself get dragged into things like that. If it was too stupid to fight, then it was too stupid to live. Even when thinking like that, I couldn’t tear my eyes away from the sight. Something was wrong here. Maybe…Kill the splicer, then kill the sister…You’ll have enough Adam to last you the rest of your life…She’s probably got Eve on her too. That’s a nice plan. If she’s really afraid, then she must be weak.

I close my eyes for a moment. “I just want to see if you’ve got any Adam on you” The words echo for a moment. What was I thinking? I was turning into these psychotic people! I look up, it seems like he’s waiting. The way the sister was moving, and the way the Splicer followed, it would be easy to speak behind him and bash in his skull. Then, I could loot him and leave. A big sister won’t attack you unless you attack their little sister or them. I was having my doubts about this one though. There was something different about her.

There was no time to waste though. If I stopped and thought about it, the opportunity would be gone before I had the chance to react. So, out of the shadows I climb. Up onto my feet. It takes me a moment to get my bearings, but I’m quick about starting toward him. He doesn’t see me silently padding toward him from behind. His mind is on the Adam, and the feast that is before him.

I look up to the red glow of the diving helmet. If she thinks I’m with him, she might attack us both. It’s strange though, she hasn’t let out one of their loud, ear-ringing screeches yet. I could see the way the muscles tensed in the legs of the man ahead of me. He was about to attack. I take no time, you had to be brutal. I rise up the rolling pin that I held in my hand. Hell, it would bash someone’s skull in before it broke. That’s all I needed it for. I wait just a few more seconds. The splicer jerks slightly, and I come down on his head. Blood splatters across my dress, but I take no chances. A quiet grunt escapes my lips, but a howl comes from the splicer. It’s not loud for its muffled by another three blows. He’s down on the ground by the third blow and I keep swinging until his head is really unrecognizable to be a head. I’m used to the feeling of a skull caving in by my hand. It was something that I seemed to prefer rather than guns. The rolling pin isn’t in to swell of condition anymore. I can tell one of the handles is about to come off. It’s loose, but there’s nothing I can do about it. I drop the weapon, falling to my knees to search the body.

“You should leave before anyone else tries to attack you. Go protect those little girls.”
    The words are quiet. I knew she wouldn’t understand, but it’s nice to talk, even if it is to something that doesn’t care.

The splicer was desperate, that was for sure. All he had was a roll of bandages, a pep bar, and an Eve Hypo. Thank god. That had made the kill all worthwhile. I take only a moment before I’ve searched him of everything. I stand up, stumbling only slightly. I’m really too excited about the Eve to worry about the Big Sister that has probably wondered off, uncaring that I just saved it’s life. I take in a short breath before the Hypodermic needle is in my arm and the Eve makes the veins glow blue for a moment.

“That’s better” I mutter, taking in a long deep breath. At least I would have something to protect myself with now.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:25 pm

The Spider Splicer had only one thing on his mind; Adam. In front of him he saw a creature that usually, in most cases, carried more Adam than any one person could ever need. Most Splicers knew that a single Big Sister carried more Adam than a Big Daddy and Little Sister pair did even after harvesting for a few hours. For most Big Sisters it was what kept them alive, as their powers needed a constant stream of the stuff in order to keep them in control of the wide variety of Plasmids at their disposal. Incinerade, Electro Bolt, Telekenisis..they had most of the Plasmids that weren't openly available to the public.
    To even the most addicted of Splicers that meant a feast of Adam that would last them years.

My eyes were too focused on the Spider Splicer for me to notice that someone had moved out of one of the caved in walls further down the road. I barely noticed her as she approached the creature in front of me pretty much until she was attacking him. It all happened much too quickly for my liking.
    One minute I was watching as the Splicer prepared to pounce on me with his deadly hooks ready to tear through my hardened leather armor and the next minute I was watching as he crashed to the ground with blood pouring out of a gash at the back of his skull. He let out a screech but it was quickly silenced as this new person continued to hit him with some kind of an object in her hand.

I stumbled back a little bit as drops of blood dotted the metal tipped boots of my suit and I found myself face to face with someone completely different. It was a woman by the looks of things. Older than me. Much to my surprise though she wasn't as disfigured as most of the Splicers were that I had come across.
    In fact..was she a Splicer at all? She looked almost as normal as me. At least.. I thought so. She looked a bit like what I remembered the scientists and doctors looked like back when the revolution first started. Like normal human beings. Was this woman another survivor like myself?
    She spoke to me but her words didn't fully process in my mind.
    All these questions flew through my head as she went through the pockets of the creature she had just silenced. Then, acting as though I wasn't even there, she filled her veins with the contents of an Eve hypo she had found.

I stood there silently looking down at her. It would have been a strange sight to behold. After a moment I actually leaned down just slightly so I could further examine the face of the individual opposite me. My helmet tilted with my head as I curiously examined her every feature. There truly was no disfiguration in her..at least not that I could see upfront.
    I would have spoken to her but my voice would have been too heavily muffled by the helmet for her to understand me. That was the sole reason I remained silent this whole time.
    Now that she had injected the blue substance into her arm, she held the empty hypo loosely. I let my gaze fall down to the empty syringe before I reached towards the small pouch on my hip.

After rifling through it for a second or two with my hand, I pulled out one of the Eve hypos that I carried around with me. There was a moment of hesitation before I slowly held my hand out towards the girl, palm up, offering her the full syringe in exchange for the empty one she held.
    I wasn't sure if she was going to understand what I wanted but I was determined to show her my appreciation. My gloved fingers held onto the hypo just tightly enough so that she could take it from me with a simple movement.
    All of this while watching her expression through the soft red glow of my helmet.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:30 pm

I am sorry, but I have to go to walmart for groceries. Hopefully I'll be back before too long, but I don't know how crowded it is. SORRY!! D:
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:38 pm

That's okay! Don't worry about it! Haha, stay safe alright?
    Walmart is a weird, weird place..
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:50 pm

I didn’t expect to see the sight of the sister when I opened my eyes. The feeling of energy that was pulsing through me was something that I enjoyed. I wasn’t completely weaponless anymore. I had two special powers that made a wonderful combination.

When my eyes opened and I straightened up, the red glow of the diving helmet was still looming over me. It was strange, I had never seen a sister act the way this one was. Then again, I had never seen one dressed as so. She was missing the large cage on her back, which was strange. Did she not have a little girl to look after? No matter; it wasn’t my business.

I take in a slow breath, watching as the sister looks over me a moment before she turns slightly to reach into a bag she held at her side. She seemed to act very human, not like the other sister’s that I had encountered over the years. Of course, they were always fighting splicers when I saw them, so I wasn’t sure how they acted in situations like this.

After a moment of me staring at her and her searching through the bag at her side, she pulls out another glowing blue hypo. My eyes widen slightly, looking to her a moment. She offers it out to me and I give the metal guardian a confused look. Was this some kind of trick? I never heard of sisters giving away hypos like this. Would she try and kill me if I ventured to take the vial? I didn’t know why it felt so strange, or why I thought this was a trap. I have to ignore all these stupid thoughts. She was offering me something that I needed and I wasn’t going to refuse it.

I let a small, simple smile form on my lips. It was enough of a smile to show her that I was gracious and that I thought she was curious. I reach out, grasping the blue needle, and pulling it away from her hand. I look up to her a moment before looking down to the hypo. It seemed legitimate enough. I hum quietly, looking back up to the guardian a moment.

“Thank you, but if you don’t mind...” I pull the bag off my back, opening the drawstring and dropping the glowing blue container inside. I make sure to tighten the drawstrings, clasp the flap, and put it securely back in its place on my back. I turn; walking briskly towards the Brothel the splicers had gone inside. I am not cautious with my steps. We had been standing out in the open for so long that if something had been in the shadows, it would have come out already to try and kill me. I walk to the door, slowing and quieting my steps as I grew closer.

I was glad that I had chosen the plasmids I had. They took less Eve than most of the stronger ones that were out now. I stop in front of the door, pointing my left arm at the ground. It was an easy way to kill people. I hold out my hand and a moment later a cyclone disperses onto the floor, staying in the place I point my hand. Then, I change the plasmid. Winter blast in the center of the Cyclone. The overhang on the building would make short work of them.

The two plasmids made a sort of trap on the ground. The winter blast froze the splicer and the cyclone shot him in the air. If he was unlucky to hit something, he would shatter into a million bits of ice, and I could reap the benefits. The others would come out looking for a fight, only to meet the same demise.

I place three other traps on the ground branching off from the first. Now I could wait for them, and take what was left on the ground after their bodies were gone. For now though, I turn back to see if the Big Sister was still there watching me.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:14 pm

The girl was surprised to see that I was still standing there even after she had told me to leave. Everything I did seemed to surprise her. It took me a moment or two to realize why that was. Clearly she had come across other Big Sisters like myself only they had been turned completely obedient by the cocktail of drugs they had been fed. The ones that my body had refused to absorb and instead fought with incredible resilience. No wonder she was so surprised by my actions.
    The other Big Sisters weren't humans anymore. They were machines programmed for killing and protecting the little ones at all costs. Emotionless, careless, and brutal in their attacks.
    I was pretty much the complete opposite in all of those aspects as one may have noticed by my unwillingness to fight.

Though she did hesitate at first, she took the Eve hypo from my hand when it was offered to her. Understandably she was untrusting of me and probably thought that I was trying to trick her into taking it from me so I could attack her while she was distracted.
    However somehow she managed to override her instincts and instead gave me a slight smile that told me she was going to accept my token of gratitude. Once the vial was taken out of my grasp I let my hand come back to my side as my eyes continued to follow her every movement while she examined the hypo I had given her.
    It passed whatever test it was supposed to.
    She thanked me while moving to store the syringe in her bag.

Her next movements surprised me though. She stood and began towards the building the Splicers had gone into. Now that she had the Eve in her system it seemed like she had decided she could take on those inside. Had she been able to hear me, I would have called out to her. But then again that probably wouldn't have done any good. This woman had a plan and she executed it carefully in preparation for the short battle that was likely to follow. Using a pair of Plasmids I had seen before but never used together. It was an interesting concept and I couldn't help but watch her as she prepared her traps.

When she looked back to check if I was still there I took a few steps towards her and then turned my gaze towards the gentleman's club. Although she couldn't see it, there was a look of uncertainty on my face. I wasn't a fan of fighting unless it was absolutely necessary..but if she was going to engage the group that had gone inside I couldn't well leave her alone. Not when there were six of them and just one of her, plasmids or not.
    I flexed my left hand and felt a surge of Eve run through my body, engaging one of the vials that was attached to my gauntlet. Flames began to gather at the tips of my fingers and I turned my head back towards the girl, looking for some kind of recognition that I wasn't about to attack her.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:30 pm

It didn’t take long for everything to be in place. Four of the splicers would hopefully be disposed of when they came out of the brothel. Really, I could take on two and not even use half of the Eve that was already in my system. Freeze, hit, and they were pretty much done for. I could swing hard if I needed to. I just hoped they had some sort of weapons I could take off their bodies. I needed ammunition and the more things I had to kill people the better.

I turned quietly and saw that the sister was still standing there, watching me as I prepared for battle. I was watching her a moment. Flames rose from her fingertips. Instinctively I took a step back. I had seen the wrath of a Big Sister when she used fire. It was harsh. There was no mercy, and the smell of burning flesh lingered in your nostrils. I watch her a moment. She doesn’t move. She’s not attacking. Does she plan on helping me? I shake my head, walking quickly toward her. You never know how long it takes them to loot a place.

“You don’t have to help me” I say. I’m not even sure if she understands what I’m saying. There were always stories around The Drop that there were Big Sisters that were different. Whether they were built as such or malfunctioned, their normal thought processes weren’t the same as the others. They didn’t have a sister, and looked for anyone to protect and to help. It was just an old playground story, but I wondered if that’s what was happening here.

Sorry! About to cook Dinner. Be back soon.

Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:48 pm

A normal Big Sister would have been long gone by now. From the moment the threat was neutralized it would have moved on without so much as a second glance at the person who had helped them, if that was the case like in this one. They weren't creatures with a conscience that would tell them to thank the person.
    And although they were known as being dangerous they were programmed not to attack unless given a reason to; if they were attacked or their little one was attacked. In the situation that had just unfolded a Big Sister would have disappeared into the darkness.
    I was not like them though. Although I didn't look it on the outside I was just as human as the woman was on the inside both literally and figuratively.

When she saw the fire on my fingertips she jumped a little bit like she was afraid I was going to attack her. Which was exactly what I didn't want her to think. Thankfully when I didn't make a move she realized that I was not going to use my Plasmid on her. She understood what I was trying to tell her with my actions. She understood that I was preparing myself to help her battle the Splicers on the inside of the building.
    As soon as she realized this she shook her head and began towards me like she was going to try and shoo me away like a mother would her child. When she got close she spoke, telling me that I didn't need to help her.

I reached out with my right hand, the one that wasn't on fire, and touched the closest part of her that I could reach which happened to be her arm. My head nodded slightly and I made a motion towards the building as if to say 'keep watching the doorway' . Whether she wanted my help or not she was going to get it. I felt like it was the very least that I could do for her after she saved me from what may or may not have been my demise. Despite the fact that it would have been beneficial for her to have left the Spider Splicer alone. That she could have collected the Adam from my body once she had killed the Splicer off while it was busy searching me after a few well placed swings of his hooks.

That's alright!
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:30 pm

What was I really going to do if she wouldn’t listen to me? It’s not like I could turn her around and kick her away. Hell no. Not in a million years would I do such a thing. That was like signing my own death certificate and I didn’t want that to happen.

She reaches out to pull on the sleeve of my dress. I look up to her a moment. I look to the door a moment before back to her. It was true I couldn’t make her leave, but I could do thing how I wanted to. I looked her over a moment, shaking my head.

“If you insist on helping, you’re going to be doing it my way.” I take her by the hand she had tugged on my dress with. I was taking a huge risk by doing this. She could easily turn on me at any time and make sure I was roasted like a marshmallow. So, I did have to be careful, but at this point in time, there was no time for care.

“Come with me” I’m only holding on by the tip of her fingers. If she wanted to pull away and leave, then it would be fine with me. I could handle this on my own. There was a way I did things. I walked her over to the market that I had been planning on looting earlier, pulling myself through the front window that was now broken and pieces of glass lay shattered on the floor. I kneel, making sure that I don’t cut myself on the glass.

I did things a certain way. I liked to plan things and see how they worked before getting into the mess myself. If this plan were to fail, I didn’t want to be stuck fighting five or six splicers all at once. If it didn’t work out I could hide and not worry about the angry people that would probably try to look for me.

“Get down will you?” I whisper now that we are in a different location. I look to the Sister a moment. She stood another four inches taller than me. She would be more noticeable than I would be if this didn’t work. I sighed quietly, this would hopefully work.

I look up when I hear the sounds of talking. It’s muffled, like it’s in the building. They must be getting ready to leave. I smile quietly, instinctively hiding behind a bit of wall, positioned where I can see the door to the Gentlemen’s club. It was going to have to work if I was going to be able to loot this building too.

Sorry about that!
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:51 pm

With my motion the girl came to realize that I was going to be staying whether she liked it or not. When she realized this she decided that she might as well take advantage of my help as best she possibly could. For a moment she just looked over everything in front of her, as if she were working out a scenario in her head, before she turned back towards me and told me that if I was going to help her then I was going to have to abide by her rules of engagement. There was a slight pause before I nodded my head. I wasn't going to just pick up and leave now that she had accepted my help.
    For that reason I let her take me by the hand although her touch was feather-light and guide me towards the market on the other side of the road just beyond the gentleman's club where the Splicers were still busy looting.

I didn't mind her telling me where to go or what to do. If anything I was more at ease with helping her with her direction than I would have been without it. Perhaps it was a characteristic that came with whatever those scientists had done to me when I was younger but I did better as a follower than a leader when it came to things like this.
    When we reached the wall I hugged it much the way I had hugged the wall when I first got into the area after following the group of Splicers. It was a little bit more difficult against this wall but I somehow managed to make my silhouette as small as possible.

I heard the girl's voice next to me and I turned to find that she had crouched down in order to keep more hidden. I quickly did the same only I didn't need to be as careful as she was. The kneepads of my armor did a good job of keeping my suit undamaged by the shards of broken glass beneath our feet.
    Now all we could do was wait and hope that everything went according to her plan. The traps were in the perfect positions to catch the first couple Splicers but anything was possible. Anything at all. For all we knew they were meeting up with another gang inside and they would be coming out 10 strong instead of just 6. That would have proved to be a big problem for the both of us.

For now though I let the fire on the tips of my fingers die down to just a small glow so that it was less noticeable in the darkness. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest. I didn't remember the last time I had felt so nervous about something.
    Yet at the same time I felt this strange sensation of..completion. Like by helping this person I was fulfilling some kind of hidden urge deep within myself. It was an unusual emotion but it was one that I very quickly came to enjoy. I felt useful for once.
    With this emotion in mind I allowed my focus to return to the door of the brothel as the sounds of voices grew louder.

How'd it go? Well, I hope?
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:15 pm

Just a heads up, I'm heading out for my evening driver's ed class. I'll be back in 3 hours or so.
    I hope you'll be on then. Smile
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Sorry!! My sister was having friends over for dinner and it took this long after to get her ready to leave and out of the house along with my sister in bed T_T Posting right now.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:32 pm

“Where we going next?”
    “I know where we’re going, just come on”
    “You sure you know where you’re going?”
    “Oh shut up and-“

The door opens. They’re talking louder than they probably should be. It’s not my problem. The one that seems to be leading walks out of the doorway carelessly. They think that they are all invincible. They are far from the throne they think they are sitting upon. They are all far from God. The male splicer walks right onto the first trap. He doesn’t have time to respond or to react before up he goes, hitting the overhang and shattering into a million shimmering pieces.

The others seem to follow. They don’t know exactly what has happened. They race out, the next in line stopping where the trap had been. They look around a moment, and see nothing. They don’t seem to pay attention to the whirlwinds on the ground. That’s good. There’s more of a chance they are walked over.

“W-What happened?”
    The question echoes through the silence of the group. There were five left. I look back to the Sister. She still kneels obediently beside me, watching just as carefully as I am. The fire has died into a small flame that is dim and flickers ever so often.

They spread out in a sort of archway. I placed three in such a pattern, knowing that it would take up the most area where they would be walking. I wait, cheek pressed against the cold metal of the wall. As they spread, they grow closer and closer to the whirlwinds until two pair of feet meet the trap. They are frozen in an instant and forced up to meet their demise. The three left see it this time. Two of them curse, the other is the only one that seems to drop into something that resembles a fighting stance.

“Let’s go” Simple words are whispered from one of their mouths. The watch the last trap, knowing that it could end them just like the others. They are careful to step around it. I sigh. Three wasn’t as bad as I it could have been.

I turn slightly to look at the Sister, it’s mask glowing dimly beside me. I nod slowly. I shift slightly to pull myself up off the ground.

“You can still stay here” The words are almost silent. I doubt that they were heard. I rise quietly, stepping quietly out of the market shop’s window. Winter Blast is equipped on my left hand. I know that an need to conserve, but if they really picked the place clean then they’ve got Eve. I was actually surprised that they didn’t stop for the loot that littered the ground near the door. Oh well. It was time to think about what was coming. Taking on three fully spliced ones would be hard, even if the sister decided she was still helping me. One held a tommy gun, the other was ready with Electro Bolt. The bright light he put off was a great indicator of that. The third though, I couldn’t tell what he was carrying. A wild card. They were never good when you were going into a fight. I might do good to take care of him first.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:52 pm

The wait before the Splicers came through the door and the traps actually going off was almost painfully long. Or at least it felt painfully long even though it was really just a minute or two at the very most. Either way I could feel my heart beating faster and faster in my chest. I was nervous. Just the way I got nervous before every time I found myself getting into an unwanted but ultimately necessary fight. Unlike many of those left battling to survive in the streets of Rapture, I hated to fight and kill just for my own benefit. I was the kind of scrounger that took only what was left once others had passed through, unless I was lucky enough to find somewhere first.
    Most of the time I avoided conflict where possible though as a rule of thumb.

Now though the Splicers were coming out of the brothel and one by one they fell victim to the traps that the woman had set down for them. All but three of them met a relatively painful death at the hands of the winter blast infused cyclones. The last three were smart enough to notice the last trap and step around it, leaving the odds much more in our favor now than they had been at the start of the ordeal. Now it was 3 versus 2 instead of it being 6 versus 2 plus whatever Plasmids or weapons the three had been carrying.
    I knew that the last three were going to have to be dealt with by hand. It was a good thing that we both had Plasmids because from the looks of the weapons they held, they were formidable enemies enough.

The woman turned her head to nod at me, signaling that we were going to move, but before we did she whispered to me. Telling me that I didn't need to come with her. Once again I found myself shaking my head to refuse her offer. I had already shown that I was going to help her and I was going to help her even if it meant being hurt in the process. I had armor, she didn't. If anyone was more likely to be hurt it was her and on that basis alone I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I let her go out there.
    However I did have an idea. I just hoped that she would listen to me and recognize the fact that not only could I understand her but I could also communicate with her.

I tapped her shoulder softly, to get her attention, and I pointed towards the wall. As quickly as I could possibly manage, I began to spell out letters with my finger against the surface. It was pretty much the only way I could speak to her without getting the attention of the Splicers due to how loudly I would need to speak through the metal of the helmet on my head.
    'You distract them. I will surprise?'
    I paused to look at her in the hopes that she would understand. Luring the Splicers into a sense of false-security by making them think they only had one enemy would make this battle so much easier. Especially with the odds more even now.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:32 pm

I don’t get far out of the window before there is a tap on my shoulder. I understood that she was going to help, but what was it she needed? Any time lost could mess this whole thing up for us. Well…it could mess it up for me. I watch her a moment before I realize she wants me to come back. Was she trying to communicate with me now? This was insane. I would humor her attempts in communication if she would hurry it up.

It didn’t take her long to spell out what she was meaning to spell out. Once she was done, I actually felt bad. I thought she was wasting my time, but really, she was coming up with a good plan. I look at her a moment. I can’t see a face behind the red tint of the light, but I feel like this isn’t just another mindless drone of Lamb’s design. No—this Sister is something far more than that.

I nod slowly, giving the Sister a smile in thanks. Sometimes I was in such a rush…I was stupid. I take in a slow breath before turning and walking back in the direction I had been walking in before. The splicers were a little farther up, still watching for anything that could come out of the darkness to try and fight them. I make sure to circle around them, disappearing down a back alley to get in front of them. If they are busy dealing with me, then the Sister could sneak up behind. God I hoped this wasn’t a trap. If the sister didn’t come, like she said she would, and then I would be left to fend off three grown male splicers. It wasn’t something I was looking forward to, especially not a full frontal attack like that.

I make it in front of them, a block ahead. They don’t see me, not from the distance away they are. In a second, I’m on my knees, weapons hidden carefully nearby. Quiet sobs escape from my lips. I wasn’t sure what kind of distraction was expected, but if they thought that I was weak; if they thought I couldn’t fight, then it would catch them off guard when I began to fight.

It takes them a moment to hear the sobs. They approach me with caution; anything could kill you in Rapture. They weren’t stupid. The sobs are quiet. It takes them a moment, but they arch around me, looking down at me from a few feet away.

“What ‘bout this Dame cou-“
    “What’s a Dolly like her doin’ down in the Drop?”

My sobs are quiet and I look up at the three men. Normally, they would have attacked. They were curious. I wasn’t deformed like they were. I was a pretty face in an ugly world.

“She can’t be spliced up...too pretty”

I look at them a moment before one of them raises a hand. Something hits me, knocking me backwards. So one of them was using Telekinesis now.

“What should we do with her Fellas?”
    “Maybe she’s got some Adam on her”
    “I was thinking about something a little better than Adam”

There’s a quiet chuckle from two of the men but another one snorts and looks at them in disbelief.
    “Ain’t nothin’ better than Adam, Boy”
    The others don’t respond, they all just turn, walking toward me in silent conviction. Whatever their want was, they were going to get it from this Dame.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:51 pm

The woman was impatient to get into the fight and my tapping her on the shoulder stopped her from doing exactly that. The expression on her face told me that she was slightly irritated by my stepping into her plan but at the same time I could tell that she was willing to see what I wanted, at least for a moment or two. When I began to spell out words against the wall she watched carefully and when I stopped to see if she had understood, I found that her expression had softened quite a bit. She was no longer irritated with me for the stop. Instead she seemed quite pleased with the plan I had proposed.
    After all what good of a distraction could I be? The moment the Splicers saw me they were either going to run screaming or they were going to attack without so much as a pause. A Big Sister posed much more of a threat than an unspliced woman.

When she agreed to follow my suggestion, with a small smile of thanks, I nodded my head to let her know that I too understood what was going on. Distract and attack was our plan. She started on her way again while I slowly turned back along the wall, heading in the opposite direction. I was going to flank around them to take them from the rear using the back alleyways. They were never going to know what hit them.
    Sure the Splicers were going to be suspicious but the very last thing they were going to expect was an metal protector coming at them from the side.
    It was their worst nightmare coming to life.

I knew that time was ticking down before the woman started her distraction so I was quick to move through the shadows of the alleyways, careful not to make too much noise as I worked my way around the general area the Splicers were headed towards. I could still hear their footsteps and so I followed that sound so that I wouldn't fall too far behind them. In the distance I could hear what sounded like quiet sobs that I immediately recognized as being those of the woman. So the distraction had started.. I was going to need to hurry if I wanted to get into position.

Finally I reached a proper position just a few yards away from the rear of the Splicers, who were now facing the woman on the ground, to where I could see that they were all very clearly distracted. Perfect.
    Once again my heart was thumping in my chest and I knew that it was now or never. The disfigured addicts were now slowly advancing towards the girl with the kind of grin on their faces that could make one sick in the stomach. It was pretty clear what they were going to do to her if they got their hands on her. I wasn't going to let that happen.
    After letting out a breath I made my move.

My aim was for the man with a weapon. Sure Plasmids were dangerous but for someone who was unarmored a bullet was just as deadly if not more so than a shock from Lightning Bolt. For that reason I aimed straight at him as I came bolting out of the darkness.
    The Splicer only had a second to react.
    "What tha crud!" He yelled while turning his body towards me, his finger going straight to the trigger all in the same motion. The gunfire filled the air and bullets began to pelt my helmet and chest-plate. He could only get a few rounds off though before my arms wrapped around him and he disappeared with me into the darkness of the next alley. Silence followed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:04 pm