Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+2
Avalon
Wraith
6 posters

need help on a plot setting for a rp idea

Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

need help on a plot setting for a rp idea Empty need help on a plot setting for a rp idea

Post by Wraith Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Its been alittle under a year since I've actually been involved here. Im thinking of starting a rp loosely baised off the Drizzt Do'Urden series by R.A. Salvatore. Only problem is that i need a good adventure for anyone who joins to embark on. So im posting here hoping to catch some interest and ask for help in this endevor.
    Avalon
    Avalon

need help on a plot setting for a rp idea Empty Re: need help on a plot setting for a rp idea

Post by Avalon Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:46 am

Well you've caught my interest! By 'loosely based' do you mean like all new characters but the same kind of mechanics? Honetsly I could whip up a setting from a piece of toast in a minute but I kind of want to put a bit of thought into this. It seems like a great idea, and if you give me a hand on what you're looking for I could definitely assist you in writing a setting.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

need help on a plot setting for a rp idea Empty Re: need help on a plot setting for a rp idea

Post by Wraith Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Exactly what you're thinking with new characters and the same mechanics. Only thing i could think of changing is the addition of afew more races maybe or profession changes chould anyone use a similar character to R.A. Salvatore's. The quest could be anything but i'd sorta like to see the gnomes introduced to the surface world.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:28 pm

You'd have to be able to make the setting and background detailed enough to where someone who hasn't read the books, I assume it's a book or series of books, (like me) would be able to join in without feeling left out.
    Unless of course you aren't planning on making it a group roleplay in which case you can just disregard my comment.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 pm

Guess i have to figure that major detail out. If i stick to the basics i need a map of the area, the races, and such?
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:46 am

Oh, that's a good point. If this is going to be a group rp or a one-on-one. Because I write them slightly differently, as I imagine most people do.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:31 am

This definately has to be a group rp. Too many npcs in the main group that I'd have to control if nobody else is knowledgeable about this series.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:03 pm

Then the setting would definitely need to be detailed enough for someone unknowing of the series to join in. At times that can be the the beginning of the end of a roleplay the moment it's posted.
    If people don't understand the setting, then they won't join. At least that's how I am.

Good luck!
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:12 pm

May I just interject here please? Though I am not about to discourage your search for an RP, next time please post in the advertising thread in the Roleplaying boards. It's what it's there for. Thank you.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:20 pm

Its fine murdoch. Im probably going to delete this soon so i can work on the setting alittle and us pm for help
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:41 pm

Wraith, I have kind of taken Dream's suggestion into account, and started writing sort of a rough draft. I'm not going to include all the D&D races, because there are waaaay too many for someone who doesn't know the series (plus it would just be much too complicated). But I've narrowed it down to a few races, which will at least keep the plot running.

Elf/High Elf.
    Drows/Dark Elves.
    Gnomes
    Humans
    Orcs
    Wemics (Because like, who doesn't love a half man half lion)
    Shades
    and Aarakocra.

It was difficult to choose which races, but if you want me to include any other ones just ask! I'll probably be done a draft plot by tomorrow...

(And Murdoch I'll also keep that in mind if I ever need assistance on a setting!!)
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:29 am

One word of advice; keep the group small. You want two or three active, dedicated RPers. I've tried to start many serious, detailed RP's here and they've all died through lack of activity. You need to chase people up sometimes, or they'll just forget about it.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:55 am

Thats my problem too tho im also the cause. Just started getting more active recently
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Oh yikes, still kinda new to this place I guess! I'll keep that in mind...
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:25 pm

Go ahead by all means...if I had the time/knew enough about the setting to do it, I would join (and I like to think I'm not that bad an RPer), but I don't and I don't. I'd have to say that Dream is one of the better ones on this site in terms of activity and post quality...as a person, he leaves a lot to be desired, but hey; you can't have everything. Razz
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:30 pm

Well gee thanks Murdoch, I really appreciate that comment. I'm sure it was very called for somehow.
    Very nice of you.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:32 pm

I was joking, don't be offended...you're a very lovely person Smile Why would I insult the only person to actually still be in my RP? XD I've just had a bad day and need to let off some steam, and sarcasm is how I do that. XD Sorry if I offended you. Sad
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:38 pm

Oh no, it's fine. You can admit to insulting me as a person. Not hat you have the slightest idea of what that is.
    Go ahead and take out the fact that you've had a bad day out on someone you hardly know, I don't mind.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:44 pm

Combating Sarcasm with Sarcasm isn't going to solve anything, Dream. Just move on.

Also, I do not believe this is the place to have a passive-aggressive sarcasm duel. Save it for private messaging, you two.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:49 pm

I just don't appreciate being insulted, isn't that a normal reaction?

That's not the way a moderator should be talking.
    But fine, I'll leave it at that.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm not saying what Murdoch did was a good thing, I'm just saying that the way you were going at it wasn't any better.

I do believe it's a normal reaction, but I would like to think most people would handle it differently, like telling him how it made you feel instead of resorting to hostility.

Oh God, I'm starting to feel like a psychiatrist, HELP ME.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:05 pm

I find it hard to respond to undeserved hostility without hostility of my own.
    But note taken.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:17 am

I wasn't being hostile; believe me, no offence was meant. In my group of friends, that's just our humour; we insult each other and give backhanded compliments all the time. I do apologise profusely, and withdraw my previous statement. I have nothing but respect for you, Dream, and I am sorry that our wires have gotten crossed. It was meant to be a joke, but I admit that it was in poor-taste, and a poorly worded one. I'm sorry.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:44 am

Ok. Back to the subject if the post.. for those interested would u like to go after a creature, object, or place long abandoned and inhabitated by hostile forces?
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post by Avalon Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:13 pm

Probably a place would be best, Wraith!

And this whole post gets a gold star in my books.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:01 am