Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

3 posters

Fantasy Roleplay, read description below: ) join!

Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Read Me Fantasy Roleplay, read description below: ) join!

Post by Howl City Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY GROUP roleplay! There's always room FOR MORE! It’s by Earthbound! so you can credit me if you wana repost >Very Happy
    Before you guys comment and say how it’s sort of like inception, you’re wrong because I had this idea for months before inception came out.
    Setting: When are humans the most vulnerable? The answer is: when they’re unconscious, meaning asleep, dreaming. Our brains send less signals and commands, meaning our mind is completely vulnerable, easier to infiltrate. If one could put or plant a single thought, any thought, the person would be influenced subconsciously. ‘Dreams’ have been trying to influence the human race and destroy us ever since the dawn of time. These ‘dreams’ have nearly wiped out the human race multiple times. From Stalin to Hitler, ‘dreams’ have been planning against us and by controlling certain public figures, they were able to inflict much damage to civilization.
    Have you ever wondered about those dreams or nightmares that you never really remember once you’re awake? That’s because humans have learned how to fend against those ‘dreams’ and conquer them. Using a machine called the ‘Dream-catcher’, while a dreamer is asleep, another can enter that dream and kill the dream, destroying all memories of the dream, thus preventing any influence caused by the evil ‘dream.’ ‘Dream’ search through your memories while asleep and use the information they learn to create a world from your own memories. The ‘dream’ monsters then insert a certain idea to your dream at some point and try to control you. The ‘dream’ can take on any shape but exists with a certain volume in the dream, usually about as big as a fully grown man. Some are bigger, the stronger the ‘dream’ is, the more volume it has. However, if the dream is not killed, it already has influenced you by the time you are awake.
    That’s why the governments have trained agents who can use the ‘dream-catcher’ and enter the dreams of strangers and eventually kill the ‘dream’. In the ‘dream’ world, your strength is your willpower and your determination. In other words, the more determined and more willpower you possess, the stronger, faster and more reflexive you are in the ‘dream’ world. Each agent enters about a hundred dreams each night and track down the ‘dream’ monster. But sometimes, one or so every day escapes the grasp of agents and manage to plant a thought in someone. Just because you are dreaming doesn’t mean you gain superpowers though. Only the experiences you have done in the real world is manifested in the ‘dream’ world, meaning if you have never used a pistol in real life, you won’t be able to in the ‘dream’ world. However, the ones with strong willpower can attain super-speed, super-strength and super-reflexes.
    Recently, there have been a sudden decrease of ‘dream’ monsters spotted by the government. There is a dark force, a group of greedy humans capturing these monsters on purpose. The group of greedy humans want to experiment on them to create a single ‘dream’ so powerful that it could control everyone on the earth at the same time, making them slaves to their cause.
    You can be an agent or one of the evil ones plotting against civilization.
    A little description of the people who work with the agents:
    Trackers: They are the ones who track down ‘dreams’ in citizens’ unconscious using a machine that detects signals from the human mind and tell the agents the location of the ‘dream’.
    Sidekick: The sidekick remains in the real world and attaches the cables of the ‘dream-catcher’ ( the dream-catcher looks just like a lie-detecting polygraph.) onto the agents and monitors what is happening inside the dream the agent enters (the agents have cameras attached to their shoulders while in ‘dreams’ and can be monitored and seen in the real world using the ‘dream-catcher’. )
    Agents: Enters the dream and kill ‘dream monsters’. Are trained in all kinds of combat.

So if you want to join just write your bio and your choice of weapon in the ‘dream-world’ and fighting style and role (sidekick, tracker, agent or evil guy Razz )
    AGENT:
    SIDEKICK:
    TRACKER:
    BAD GUYS:

Last edited by Howl City on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Read Me Re: Fantasy Roleplay, read description below: ) join!

Post by Howl City Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:07 pm

I hack the startled monster as dreams can often reform by absorbing the host's memories. The host being the dreamer who's actually dreaming the whole thing. And memory losses are often not much of a thing to celebrate about. It spews out cotton instead of blood and I nearly laugh at the sight. After slashing and hacking, it's nearly reduced to nothing.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:07 pm

I climb up to its head and thrust the dagger into the side of its neck. I pull towards me and slice a huge gash, missing its jugular. I got a mouthful of fluffy material and blink it out of my eyes. "Cotton" I mumble.
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Cotton burns. It's fairly common knowledge, and I quickly decide I'll try and use that fact to my advantage. I hold up a single bullet, magnesium tipped, and load it into my pistol.

"You two might wanna get off the monkey, thing's are about to get quite hot around here."
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:19 pm

Hearing those words, jump off the beast and roll. I stand out of the way.

Ooc: Howl City had to leave.
    Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:24 pm

OOC: Ok, with him gone we might as well put this off until he gets back, after this next post of course.

Bic: I squeeze the trigger, and watch as my incendiary shot hurls itself towards the monkey. Moments after impact with the abomination's face, the thing's head bursts into flame.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:43 pm

backk XD
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:01 pm

Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:30 pm

yepp welcome at any timer Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:34 pm

sweet could someone catch me up
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:44 pm

so basically if you've read the setting, you would know we hunt down monsters in dreams within the subconscious of others across the globe. We've entered one of those many dreams and just killed a monster. Done.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:08 am