Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+3
Mireya
Brandon
Jade Hawk
7 posters

Anonymous

James Cameron's Avatar - Page 2 Empty James Cameron's Avatar

Post by Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

AVATAR ROLEPLAY.(3rd person plz)(YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ ALL THE INFORMATION I PUT DOWN, MOST OF IT IS SUMMARISED AT THE END OF THE POSTS, THE INFO IS JUST FOR REFERENCE AND USING CORRECT TERMS)

Setting- Well obviously its AVATAR, but I’ll be a bit more specific.
    This has nothing to do with the film- the characters are different although the setting and stuff. Let’s say this is an alternate universe. The time scale is set 6 years before the events that happened in Avatar (in the alternate universe).
    Welcome to Pandora a moon of the gas giant Polyphemus. Polyphemus is the second of three gas giants orbiting the star Alpha Centauri A (ACA) in the Alpha Centauri System. Slightly smaller and denser than Jupiter, Polyphemus has no rings and fourteen moons, the most notable beingPandora. Originally, its name was Coeus.
    Pandora is a moon of the gas giant Polyphemus(both are figures in Greek mythology), which orbitsAlpha Centauri A.
    Discovered by the first interstellar expedition in2129, Pandora has been the single most interesting thing to happen to the human race in hundreds of years. The news services love to run clips of the wild scenery on Pandora, and its bizarre flora and fauna.
    To the cultures of Earth, Pandora is mysterious, primal and terrifying. Even from orbit the scope of florae present on the surface indicates a planet brimming with life. Other than the color, the trees resemble those of Earth. They have the familiar trunks and branches and leaves, though due to the difference in planetary gravity, many of the shapes are strange and the proportions are greater because of the lower gravity. The trees and plant life of Pandora have formed electrochemical connections between their roots and effectively act as neurons, creating a planet-wide "brain" that has achieved sentience, which is known to the Na'vi as Eywa.
    Pandora, despite being almost as large as Earth, is only a moon of the gas giant Polyphemus, which has thirteen other moons. However, due to its smaller size, its gravity is 20% less than Earth's. Due to Pandora's lower gravity, most creatures on Pandora are hexapods (six-legged). Creatures roam the air and forest canopy below, similar to Earth's animals, but on a scale several times larger. Pandora's wildlife also has bioluminescent qualities. Depending on the position of the various moons, Pandora can have two or even three moons in its sky at once. Pandora and the other moons cast large black shadows on Polyphemus.
    Pandora looks like a lush paradise by Earth standards during the day, and at night virtually all life on the planet exhibits bioluminescent qualities in various shades of blue, purple and green, explaining the Na'vi's blue skin colour, which is most likely a better camouflage at night on Pandora.

A lot of information:

Players:

Last edited by Akimaru on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

James Cameron's Avatar - Page 2 Empty Re: James Cameron's Avatar

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Ooc: Aki, can you put everyone's usernames AND character names in your first post please? Thanks.

Bic: Kiaki leaped from the branch and sprinted along the mossy ground in the direction of Lu'etek, her footsteps lighting up in a shimmer of neon colours. She snatched at an arrow from her quiver and slid it along her bow. As she ran, she could hear them both, but could only just glimpse the Palulukan. As she got closer, she grabbed an over-hanging branch and swung her legs over it. Placing her hand back on her bow, she drew the arrow and shot into the darkness. After a short pause she heard the screech of the animal. Kiaki dropped to the floor and ran towards it.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:40 pm

He stopped and slid to a halt when he heard a thud behind him. He was hoping his pursuer was dead. He turned and headed back to it, since he couldn't hear it chasing him anymore. He smiled inside himself, happy he was still alive. He frowned on the outside though. Mourning for the death of one of Eywa's children. He looked up as he heard a softer thud and waited for them to approach. <Good shot Kiaki. Thank you for saving my life. I am in debt to you>

ooc: You want me to talk like that Aki?
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:47 pm

Kiaki approached Lu'etek and the palulukan and raised her hand. "It is sad, but necessary" She said and ran her finger down the handle of her dagger.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:38 am

ooc- yes Lupus, thats perfect, Jade posting character names now. also the exo pack is just a clear perspex face mask that gives the user oxygen because of the poisonous atmosphere of Pandora. All the Na'Vi names are for things (minus those that require gramatical explanation(unless you really want to learn about dual and pleural prefixes and suffixes and lenition etc))are in the second long post.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Ooc: Like I said, I saw the movie I think twice. And it's 3 hours long, so amazing though it is, I'm in no hurry to watch it again. That's a LOT of stuff to read and remember. So whenever I type in English, just imagine it's not. I get away with it for all verbs and adjectives. But I'll try when I can.

POST THE NAMES!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Aki fumbled with his exo pack as he tried to pull it off his belt, his fingers felt heavy and clumsy as he finally undid the popper and pulled the mask up to his face. He pulled the elastic straps over the back of his head. The clear perspex front on the mask steamed up so Aki felt for the bottom of the mask and pressed the seal, there was a hiss of air and the mask cleared, fitting snugly on his face, although if he was truthful, it did dig a little into his neck.

There was a sound of the engines powering down, the huge perpetual noise that had been present since he had woken up in cryo(although that had been a buzzing it was still a constant noise. Now there was only the noise of people breathing through exo packs and the chinking of the 5 point harnesses.

"Alright ladies" Came the voice of the Marine who was standing by the exit ramp. All heads turned towards him as he pulled his exo pack down and pressed the seal. The ramp behind him split in half, one half went down, whilst the second half went up. There was a haze as you looked out onto the tarmac. "Move, move, move. Get your asses into the base, do not stop, welcome to Hells Gate" Said the Marine as the small consignment of Marines started to run off the back of the shuttle and towards the sprawling complex that Aki saw appearing as he followed the scientists down the ramp as a slow jog.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:35 am

He nodded slowly and glanced to the beast. He crouched, mumbling the usual forgiveness prayer to Eywa and pulled out the arrow. When he stood up, he looked to Kiaki and handed her the arrow. <We should take him home.> I say, gesturing to the dead animal. <We could use him for a feast or perhaps a trophy...he is quite large.>
    Zerrow
    Zerrow

Post by Zerrow Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:10 pm

As soon as the "Jarhead" gave the word Shiki quickly left the shuttle. Jogging down the ramp and across the airstrip. Passing a group of marines, Shiki ignored their comments and entered the main building of Hell's Gate. Looking around he began making his way to the briefing room to receive the mandatory security briefing before he could go to the Science detachment of the building.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:23 pm

Matoaka sat beneath the pleasing glow of the tree of soul's tendrils. She was listening to the call of her ancestors, chronicling inside her mind all the tales they could tell her, all the ancient wisdom that were so venerated in her culture. She sang in a trance, her voice shrill and thin as she sat in awe of the beauty beyond the physical.

<They come--the sky people. They take--the sky people. They take all they touch. Be wise, keep away. Be wise, do not let them take. Suffer not their advance. Suffer not their ways...>

Matoaka opened her eyes slowly, seeing her mother sitting across from her waiting to hear what she heard. She knew that the woman would know quite well if she lied.

<They warn us of sky people. They warn us to tread with caution. They warn that the sky people will take what they can,> she echoed them as best she could. Her mother seemed pleased.

<Go then, and no longer tread in their foot-falls, my daughter,> the wise woman said.

<I will not,> Maoaka replied undoing her braid from the tree's tendrils. She leaped away climbing up an adjacent red fig tree intent on watching the ikran turn their beautiful swirls in the sky.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:28 pm

"Not a trophy. This was no heroic act." Kianki said and took her arrow back. She bent down and cleaned the blood off at the small pond by their feet, then stood up, placing the arrow back into its quiver. "We must go."

Last edited by Jade Hawk on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:36 pm

Lu'etek sighed and nodded. She was right. Hestepped around the animal, coser to Kiaki. "So where are we going now?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:23 pm

Ooc New decision just in All Na'Vi will be in italics whilst all English will be normal, so speech marks can be used to make it look neat.

bic

The airlock was crowded, filled with marines and civilians. There was a long progressive hiss as the chamber filled up with oxygen and pressurised with the interior of Hells Gate. Aki reached up and de-pressurised his exo-pack before pulling it off his face and strapping it back onto his belt.

The door in front of them opened with an audible hiss and the exterior of hells gate was exposed. It was grey and boring, but the throng of people walking left and right down the corridors drew his attention. The people behind him pressed forward and Aki felt himself being carried along with them. People seemed to know where they were going so he let himself go.

The stopped in what looked like a mess hall, there were long tables with a large gap down separating the room into 2 halves of tables. The far wall was a large window with huge blinds. Stood by this window was 6 people, all standing at ease, Aki sat down on a uncomfortable metal bench and waited as others filled the room.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Nicholai stepped into the briefing chamber, two men waited for him.

"So this is our assassin?" The first man said

"No, hes the janitor. Look at him! He has enough weapons to supply a small army!" The second man replied.

"Why do you require my services?" Nicholai blantly asked.

"Na'vi warbands have been attacking our miners, destroying our equiptment and killing our marines. We tried being diplomatic with these savages but..." Nicholai raised his fist, telling him not to talk.

"its not my job to ask why you want a job done. Just give me the details."

The second man handed him a slip of paper.

"These two have been quite troublesome. They refer to themselves as Lu'etek and Kianki, they were last spotted ten clicks north of here.

Nicholai looked at the paper, two blured security camera photos revealed the two Na'vi.

"Consider them both dead." Nicholai left the room.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:31 pm

"Home tree?" Kiaki suggested. "I can't pick this up myself."
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Lu'etek smiled her and nodded again. "I would be honored to help you bring him back to camp Kiaki." He bent down and began sliding the corpse towards him, soon he had most of it over my shoulders.
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Name: Capri
    Character Name: Marali
    Appearance: Cyan skin with dark blue stripes. Her hair is down and is long and black, with a braid. She wears light green, yellow, red, and purple tribal earrings, necklaces, bracelets and anklets. Her eyes a larger than normal, and they are amber yellow, rimmed in dark green. She is average Na'Vi height and is slender.
    History: Marali is the daughter of one of the tribes many hunters. Her father is very well known, making her the same. She takes after her father, and is very skilled with her bow. Malari is very loyal to her Ikran, Swizaw. She spends a lot of her time with him. Malari has had a few accidental encounters with humans. They now know who she is unfortunately for her.
    Position: Taronyu(hunter)
    Ikran color: Mixture of teal, indigo, and orange. With purple stripes.
    Equipment: Bow.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:28 pm

The wind blasted up against the Ikran and his owner as they flew. Malari's hair whipped behind her wildly, a fierce look in her eyes.
    A quick, sharp cry came from her mouth as she commanded her Ikran, "Land, Swizaw!"

Making a squawking sound of recognition and turning its head to glance at Malari, Swizaw folded in his wings and dove into the jungle below. Upon their landing, the Ikran snapped open his wings once more and landed on a large tree. Its leaves swayed as Malari stepped off, and removed her braid from Swizaw.

With a little smile, she walked in front of her Ikran, gently placing her hands on his head and leaning her forehead on his snout.
    "You are greatly loved, loyal one,"she whispered. Swisaw's wings quivered as he made another quick sound.

Malari patted his snout lightly and sighed before turning to look down. Home Tree was very near and below.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:35 am

Nicholai pushed forward in the brush for several hours on the hunt, sniper rifle in hand. He climbed into a tree to gain a vantage point. His infared vision in his mask flickered to life, revealing a creature not too far chasing down a Na'vi. Nicholai decided to follow them, while keeping his distance of coarse. As the creature gained closer to the Na'vi, an arrow struck the beast down. Another Na'vi, female this time, met with the first one. There was no mistake, these were his targets. He had to get around them, there was no way he could strike at this angle without getting spotted. He climbed down the tree and prone crawled to a nearby bush. They seemed to be busy talking to eachother. Nicholai had learned to speak fluent Na'vi before comming to Pandora, but they were too far away for him to make out what they were saying. nicholai silently sprinted for a tree far to his left, he took cover behind the bark. Good, he was not spotted. He raised his sniper rifle and took aim, they were carrying the beast away. Nicholai had just missed his chance for a good shot, he had to follow them.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:01 am

Kiaki nodded and walked on, just in front of Lu'etek, but more beside him.

Ooc: I'd write more but I don't know what time of day it is.
    Zerrow
    Zerrow

Post by Zerrow Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:54 pm

Sitting down in an uncomfortable table Shiki waited for the last of his fellow new comers to trickle into the room. As the last stragglers wondered in the man in the middle began to speak.

"Your not in Kansas, Earth, the Moon, or where ever the hell you are from people." The man started, "you are on Pandora, and I would like you to remind yourself of this fact every two minutes. To survive on Pandora you must obey the rules, if you do not then Pandora will chew you up and spit you out so bad that not even your mother will not be able to recognize your thumbs. Rule Number One..." It was after that Shiki's mind began to wander, he thought about the science that he would soon be doing, about meeting the Nav'i, and several other topics. The sudden sound of shifting cloths and stamping of feet. Looking around Shiki saw that the briefing was over, getting up he began to walk to the science division.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Nicholai krept threw the bushes, slowly following the pair of Na'vi. He finally got close enough. He looked at the female Na'vi, raised his wrist and shot out a large net at her at high speeds from his netgun
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:48 pm

Aki stood and turned following the throng of people out of the hall. There were signs as you left the hall, none were very good but Aki worked out that he had to turn left to head for the Bio Lab.

He got held up as he obviously neared the Bio lab, the number of Soldiers and Pilots decreased and the number of men in gaudy shirts, civilian threads and white lab coats increased. In front of him were 2 huge trolleys, covered in white plastic covers. Aki Squeezed past them and turned left into the bio lab.

It was busy, people hanging around microscopes and the like. he looked around for anyone who looked in charge. HE stopped the nearest person and asked "Excuse me, have you seen Dr Shiki Telos, I know that he's the new head of the Avatar programme and I kinda wanna check in with him"
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:10 am

Lu'etek heard a rusling from our rear. He reacted quickly, tossing the dead animal from my shoulders. This net appears and wraps around it's body quickly. He doesn't understand, so instinct and adreniline kick in. He launches himself at Kiaki, hoping to protect her. They both hit the ground behind some near by bushes. It's almost like a natural ditch that they land in, the earth is slightly lowered.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:57 pm

Kiaki screamed. "What was that?" She grabbed Lu'etek's arm and lowered herself behind the shallow wall of the ditch. With her other hand, she pressed her bow clover to her back in order to hide it from the view of their attacker.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:19 am

Nicholai knew he had to move fast, or he would lose his prey. Nicholai ripped off his ammo belt filled wih smoke grenades and tossed it towards the two Na'vi. Smoke filled the area, and Nicholai became a ghost, ready to strike at his prey

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:08 pm