Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+5
Brandon
Burn It
Capri
Skye
Faith Wynters
9 posters

They come from all over. [Working Title]

Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

They come from all over. [Working Title] - Page 4 Empty They come from all over. [Working Title]

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Credits to Travis**

Setting: We are thousands of years into the future. Like its year 5019, and a war breaks out upon each of our galaxies. We start out on our separate ships some might go into battle some my stand watch for spies a board the ship. We must fight the other people even if it means death. Some of you may get captured and dragged back...to the other person’s ship while fighting but it’s worth it. Which Galaxy will rise above them all? Who will die? Who will get captured? Well, who knows what will happen but make it exciting and fun.
    OK NOW TO INTRODUCE THE GALAXIES. WHOO

The Mechina: Living machines or better yet living robots. They are the smartest of all the species. They rely mostly on their brains to get them out of all
    situations. They can hack anything they need to and they can fix any problem. They are very good with mechanics and machinery.

The Crystalinze: These are humanoid crystals. They are the strongest of all the species. They rely mostly on their brute strength than anything else. They can shoot crystal shards from their body. Also they can create blades and shield from their crystals.

The Nexeru: They are a hybrid of animals and humanoids. They are the swiftest of all of the species. They rely mostly on their animal instincts for them to survive. They have all the characteristics and powers of their animal. Also they have all the strengths and weaknesses of that animal. There body looks like a human but with animal like features.

The Whisperei: They are living elements. They are the sliest of all the species. They are good at misleading you into a trap. They rely mostly on their surroundings to help them out. Each one of the Whisperei is only one element. They can control/manipulate, and summon/ create the element. They look like there element and yet slightly look like a person

The Humans: Now here you might think humans are the weakest of the many groups, wrong! They are strategically wisest of all the species. They make plans and stick to it. Humans have been in several thousand wars learning new machinery and weaponry. From being in so many wars it gives them the upper hand on how to fight these creatures. They have highly advanced weaponry and they have armor also

Rules:
    You know them

Roles:
    There is one captain to each ship
    The Mechina ship Capitan:
    Crew:
    The Crystalinze ship Captain: crew: Danny (Special Forces)
    The Nexeru ship Captain:
    crew: Capri (Second in Command/Park Eagle)
    The Whisperei ship Captain:
    crew: Skye(Fire) Kristie (Shadows/Second in Command)
    The Humans ship Captain:
    Crew: Faith (Second in command/Medic)
    Lupus (Military Personel)

I also wanted to try classing the ships so Captains just put down what class your ships are here’s a few to get people started:

Privateer: [Human(transports important human relics)]
    Mercenary:

Transport:

Federation (these carry vips like senators and stuff like that):

Last edited by Faith Wynters on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:26 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

They come from all over. [Working Title] - Page 4 Empty Re: They come from all over. [Working Title]

Post by Murdoch Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:07 pm

ooc: Eljordo, that's actually quite arrogant...I hope you mean for your character to be that arrogant. If you think about it, Faith's suggestion makes more sense given how little you know. But hey; its your character Smile
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

They come from all over. [Working Title] - Page 4 Empty Re: They come from all over. [Working Title]

Post by Eljordo Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:59 pm

Occ- my character is a 'defend humanity at all costs' type of guy, and yes lol he is supposed to be like that
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:05 pm

ooc: Of course, with that attitude, it's easy to throw everything into a fight and get a pyrrhic victory: You'll be left with nothing to defend. In the words of Pyrrhus himself: "One more such victory will destroy me."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:09 pm

I was silent as I walked back to where I had been standing moments ago. I had much better things to do. I looked up a moment before back to the Capitan.

"May I also make a request, Sir?" I took in a deep breath as I watched hom from behind. He definatly hadn't been like the last capitan. He was KIA and now it was Titus: Defender of all things Human.

ooc- By the way xD Rawr.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:18 pm

"of coarse"
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Capri inhaled deeply as she guided her ship towards the asteroid belt.
    "Scouts, patrol the area. Navigate carefully and for God's sake, don't get killed because of a damn rock."

She heard a few chuckles come from her teammates as she saw their ships break off in various directions. "Report back to me immediately if you see anything suspicious. And once again, look out for one another."

Then exhaling, she steered her ship into the belt, carefully swerving past the asteroids. Her large, slanted eyes scanned the area after glancing at the radar once more. She had the feeling that something wasn't right.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:39 pm

I looked up as I pulled a hand through my hair, a small sigh on my lips.
    "Communications with the ships in the quadrants have been more hostle than usual. I was wondering if I may be able to control transports of the items on the ships. Trade and the like. I would like to try and ressume neutral communications and trade with the other species" It was probably stupid to ask. It was insane for a human to ask of such things of a capitan.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:49 pm

ooc - sorry Faith, I think I'm out of this role play. Sad
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 pm

OOC- Noo, Danny! What's wrong? Not caught up, or just busy?
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:57 pm

OOC- NAO D: Don't leave! We can catch you up no problem! I'm sorry, I've been a little out of it and stuff.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Ooc: I'll take out a few scouts in hit-and-run tactics, and then we'll get into the dogfight. After all; if a pilot has the advantage that Arkhan has, he'd use it to the best of his ability. Smile

Also, what sort of weapons do the races use, faith? Do Humans still use projectile weapons, or have they changed? Do the Whisperie use element-based weapons? Do the Nexeru use energy-based weapons? Please and thank you Smile

Ic:

Arkhan watches the small blips that represent the scouts on his radar intently. Blue blips represent the Nexeru, red the humans and yellow the Whisperie. Every ship has a different design and a unique technology signature, obviously, and the difference in their technology gives off very unique signals. From the looks of it, the Blue- the Nexeru- have entered the asteroid belt first, and have split up into single-man scout teams. Good for searching a large area, but poor for mutual defence. They can be picked off at his leisure, especially if there's only four.

For him, this proves that there is no teamwork between the ships. If there was, it would be impossible for him to escape from this mess, but if they enter in different areas, not reporting what they've found to each other and not trusting the others to go close to them...he has a chance.
    He watches as one of the blue blips weaves slightly on his zoom-sensor, watching it avoid the grey marks that represent asteroids or other "natural" obstructions. It should be coming within sight soon...

Ahah. There it is, on the main HUD, coming round a relatively large asteroid. It glides almost lazily through the field, obviously going slowly so it can inspect everything it can. Good thing that Arkhan is only just peeking from the top of the asteroid, and that his dart blends in slightly to the asteroid. He watches as it flies directly below him, turning to go deeper into the asteroid belt. Checking the sensor quickly- there are no other ships within sight range, not in this asteroid belt; the closest one is a good few parclicks away, with half a dozen asteroids blocking its view- he detaches the ship silently from the floating rock.

Activating his engines slowly, he makes the ship glide towards the blip on his sensor, careful to keep an asteroid between himself and the ship at all times. As the scout weaves to turn back towards its companions, Arkhan guides the Dart around a rather large asteroid and powers up the engines to full fighter power. The energy readings are disguised, not showing up on any sensors, and the only noise they would make in the atmosphere would be a high pitched whining noise.

The Dart leaps forwards, streaking towards the lone Nexeru scout. As it comes into the open, he swiftly lines up his shot and squeezes the liquid-filled globes resting by his hands. The ship is designed so that, sitting in it, you're partly lying down with your hands by your sides. You only have to move them to a few controls and the HUD, most of the dogfighting controls being accessible through those globes.
    Two streams of blue energy-balls streak silently through the space separating the two ships, the energy readings only partially disguised from sensors; the energy build up and energy trace is nullified, but when fired, the energy weapons are detectable by any ship close enough, albeit at a less noticeable level unless you're looking for it.

The first two of the blasts smash through the cockpit of the scouts, the follow up balls punching several holes through the entire ship. Arkhan ceases firing, pulling away and to the left as the ship is engulfed in a brief but noticeable explosion, streaking off in the opposite direction to where the other scouts are, leaving the remains of the first Nexeru scout drifting in the asteroid belt. He weaves through some more rocks before finding another large asteroid a little out of the way, clamping down in a small crook under an overhanging natural cliff, awaiting the next opportunity to strike. With any luck, he could lay the blame on one of the other factions, if they come in soon enough. He briefly wonders if the pilots friends heard him scream. He wonders if he even had time to scream...
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:04 pm

OOC- Long-ranged, energy-based weapons. Razz

Eerily, the silence dragged on. A ringing noise echoed in Capri's ears as she continued to look around.

"Anything?" she half-whispered into her transmitter.

"Nothing." said Yamon. The others answered the same.

Capri clenched her fist, not convinced. She knew why her Captain had sent them out. He has an extraordinary sense of precognition. Capri was one of the few to know, and she didn't question it. But something was wrong here. She inhaled, then opened her mouth to speak before hearing a barely-detectable high pitched wailing noise. If it were not for her super-human sense of hearing, she would of missed it.

Those big eyes widened. That sound. Her head flicked towards the radar. Not the Whisperei.
    "Where the hell are you?" she whispered, leaning forward and then looking up to the rocks floating above.

Nothing. She was becoming deeply disturbed. There was someone out here. Cloaked. Quickly, she flung her hand towards the switch that would cloak her own ship. She knew it would disguise from the Humans and Whisperei, and the device would confuse one's radar, but she didn't know what exactly she was up against.

"Scouts," she spoke quickly, steering her ship behind a huge, tall asteroid, "Turn on your-"

She was cut off. By a loud gasp. Miguel.
    "Wha-?"
    A flash made her snap her head to the left, and a loud booming noise sounded through the belt.

Capri swore loudly, "Take cover! GO, GO, GO!" she shouted to her other scouts.

Kamon flipped on his cloaking device and swerved in the opposite direction, the other, Signa, navigated himself behind a large asteroid.

They had been attacked. By who, she did know, didn't see- Ah ha! As her ship leapt upwards, and towards the top of the enormous asteroid, she looked at her radar. There, a small distance away from Miguel's wreckage, were two small green dots on the green radar screen. Then they disappeared. A loud, angry noise came from her mouth as she jerked the ships controls to steady herself, still concealed behind the large rock and by her cloaking device. Capri's ship was now at the highest point in the belt.

She looked down, scanning the asteroids with the visor over her eyes, where the green dots had to appeared. It was now silent once more, except for her deep breathing. The others did not speaking, knowing the possibility that they were being spied on. Listened to.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:26 pm

OOC- the humans have evolved. Common soldiers generally use projectiles, but high ranking officers and special forces have evolved to Plasma based weapons. Most ships also use plasma. The humans are still in the early stages of evolving from projectile based weaponry.

BIC- "That is a bold request Faith, most people would not ask such a thing. But I do not desire hostillity with the other races. We are generally hated for what our ancestors did. They do not realize we are trying to evolve. But if you think you can reduce hostillity, by all means give it a shot. You will be under my close supervision of coarse"
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:36 pm

ooc - it's not that I'm not caught up, I'm just not too in to this role play, and the busy life doesn't help too much. Sorry guys, hope its amazing!
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:39 am

ooc: Capri, the whining noise would only be in the atmosphere; there is no sound in space, so there would have been nothing for you to hear Razz
    Also, what do you mean by two dots? Lol.

Ic:

Arkhan smiles to himself, nestled in the crevice of the asteroid. The scouts are probably scrambling now, and if he knows their tactics, they'll try to take him alive to question him. It's likely that they'll succeed, but he isn't about to go down without a fight. One Nexeru down, three to go.

His Radar flickers suddenly, and he raises an eyebrow. They're trying to scramble him? Well, it certainly scrambles Whisperie and Human radar, but the most it will do to him is make it slightly harder to see through the interference. After all; his technology is primarily biological, which means that it would take a special frequency to interfere with the optics. It makes it more difficult, but doesn't jam it the way they want. However, with even half an hour of researching the ship if they capture it, they'll be able to find that frequency. Better not get captured.

He watches the blips on his radar go towards some asteroids- their cloak may protect them from visual detection, but they're relying on their radar jam to protect their signatures- and watches the blips carefully. They can't hide forever; him, he can sit here all day. After all; due to its shape and colour- and his hiding place- he is virtually undetectable, even to radar, even when he's flying.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:20 am

OOC- Alright, my bad. And the two dots were the energy blasts that you said could be barely detected by a ship nearby.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:16 am

ooc: Don't worry about it Smile

Ah, I see, lol. Yeah, the energy fire is detectable by ships nearby. Can I assume that you are on an asteroid overlooking where the scout got destroyed? Smile
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:28 am

ooc- Everyone seems to have answered your question already. D: Sorry, been busy Razz

bic

"Thank you Sir, it means alot" I spoke, giving him another salute before turning and walking from the bridge. I needed to get transport schedules and the like. I had been thinking this over for quite some time, and now was the first time I had found the time to ask.

I took in a deep breath as I walked the halls of the ship. None seemed to be made out of glass, only small portholes of other see-through material you could look out of. I took in a deep breath, shaking my head as I pulled a hand through my hair.

The fact that I couldn't seem to grow the time that I used to have to just look out into the darkness was a little worrying. Only a few years ago I was a cadet on the Ishumoia.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:30 am

OOC- You assume correctly. Haha. But I'm concealed by the top part of the rock still.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:13 pm

ooc: No worries Smile I just wondered, because that means that you won't see me when I pop out next. You know, it is your post, and if the others don't post soon, you'll be the one to capture him, lmao.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:21 pm

OOC- Yeah, I expected and accepted that. It's fine by me. Very Happy
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:26 pm

well get posting then XD
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:37 pm

OOC- Just a warning. I can't get too involved...I'm leaving soon. Razz

BIC-

Her white, sharp teeth were bared as she glared daggers at the wreckage of Miguel. Yamon and the two others were safe. For now. They needed to pay sharp attention.

Capri looked on her radar where the two dot had once been, running her finger across the screen at different points. Trying to figure at the attacker's possible location. There were too many probabilities.

She didn't move. She didn't shoot. Why give away her location to fire at an asteroid at random? Capri knew that she'd be cloaked from anyone's vision and on the Whisperei and Human ships' radars. But somehow she doubted that she was actually hidden from her attacker. And she accepted that. But she would not call reinforcements then.

"Show yourself." her voice was like ice as she spoke, but not through her transmitter. Her finger flipped on a switch that would pick up other transmissions and intercept them, without being detected. That is, if anyone was transmitting anyway.

Her gaze never wavered from space, and her hands returned to her weapons.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:12 pm

ooc: Sorry to nitpick, Capri, but you said you were only bringing three with you, didn't you? So with one down, that would make you and two others. Smile

Also, if you have any problem with any of my posts, just let me know. Please and thank you Smile

Ic:

Arkhan watches the radar carefully. The two asteroids that the scouts darted behind aren't showing any signs of movement or anything moving from them- so they're being cautious; smart of them- but his Sensor shows a single blip moving in slow circles around the asteroid belt, never moving far from the two hunks of rock. It's probably cloaked, and is relying on the jamming signal to disguise its movements. Lucky for him that he can see the blip, or he could easily be taken by surprise, especially since the scout is coming closer to where he is.

Soon, it comes within sight range- that is, if he could see it- and the blip moves straight past the asteroid he's hiding on, zipping along the other side. Arkhan strains to see it on his HUD, but energy levels are at a minimum. In this sort of terrain, it's hard to distinguish weak energy signals from asteroids, even with wraith-language information streaming overhead, especially with the added difficulty of slight interference from the signal. He'll have to look harder on its next lap.

He watches closely, and the scout enters sight range again. Arkhan scans the area closely, eyes searching for something, anything that could give the scout away. Cloaks work best when you don't know they're there; you aren't looking for them. If you know what to look for, you can in fact spot them, with some difficulty...there! A slight fluxuation in the little light in this sector from a nearby star. The Asteroids and stars behind the anomaly bends ever so slightly; It's a good thing he fed recently, so his superior senses are heightened, or he would have missed it. Well, that and the fact that he was looking for it.

The scout passes under his asteroid this time, and pulls up to investigate the immediate area; of course. Look at every asteroid big enough to hide a ship, just in case. If it weren't for the crevice, he would have been spotted instantly. As it is, the scout moves past him once on his lap of the asteroid. However, he's unlikely to get away a second chance- the scout will be looking in the crevice on his next go round- so Arkhan takes his chance. Powering up the silent systems, he eases his Dart forward.

Exiting the crevice slowly, he pulls up and to the right, in a line perpendicular to the one the scout took. He powers off in that direction quickly, heading for another large asteroid just a short distance away. He can see on the sensor that the scout will be bridging the rock any second, and he pushes it harder to coax a little extra speed out of his ship.
    Somehow, he manages to make it behind the asteroid as the scout begins its second sweep of the asteroid, disappearing just as Arkhan comes out the other side of the rock. Instead of fleeing again, Arkhan grins nastily, his slightly sharpened teeth reflecting the low green light of the HUD. This time, he's the hunter.

Activating his engines, he leaps forwards on an intercept course towards the path that his sensor shows the scout taking on its way back through its patrol. Just as he passes his former hiding spot, the blip on the sensor changes direction, heading for another large asteroid. He checks his sensor again; no, neither asteroid with a ship on it has moved or issued any ship, and they're a little too far away to see his small, sleek dart in the dark backdrop.

Then there's no more time to think, as his eye catches sight of the small disturbance in the area. It narrows as it presumably banks to the right...straight towards him!
    It's seen him. Damn. He'll have to finish it off; the pilot is likely radioing for back-up now...best finish it and get out of here. As it finishes its turn, two streaks of energy blast from the ships weapons, and Arkhan has to turn the ship sharply on its left side to avoid the blast. Quickly righting himself, he peels off just as the ships are about to collide, entering a turn the G's of which would crush an ordinary human body. Again, it's a good thing he's fed recently.

His tight turn brings him facing the still turning Nexeru ship, the scout seemingly unable to match the Dart and its pilots superior turning arc. Arkhan slows right down, the ship snapping into place as the second weapon gets a lock and, with a squeeze of the fluid-filled balls, sends energy balls streaking through the space. Once more, a hole is blasted through the cockpit, and the oxygen inside briefly ignites as a silent explosion fills the HUD. Arkhan looks away quickly to avoid being blinded, but instead of releasing the weapons, keeps firing, hitting the asteroid on the other side of the wreck. The Asteroid shatters in a storm of rocks and pebbles, showering the area with rock shrapnel. Arkhan turns the Dart swiftly and guns it as far away as he can in the opposite direction to the other scouts.
    Skye
    Skye

Post by Skye Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:19 pm

Bic:
    Skye's ship slipped toward the asteroid belt, reading the Nexuru scouts on her radar. Her hands held tightly onto her weapons, her fingers already pressed on the trigger. A small smirk crept to her face as a Nexuru scout fell from the radar behind an asteroid. "Scouts one, three, and six, I need backup." She said into her transmitter, knowing the others would return to the ship. She looked back to her radar, seeing her other scouting ships appear behind her, and another Nexuru drop from the radar. "Shit" She muttered under her breath, unaware of what was hidden behind the asteroids. The scouts separated as they entered the belt, just as an asteroid exploded. Skye slipped another curse into the transmitter, looking for the alien ship. These rocks don't just explode without interaction; it had to be an attack, especially with such conditions. A ship of her own had disappeared from the radar, most likely from the explosion. "It was three, Captain." She heard the voice from the transmitter, informing her that those suspicions were in fact correct.
    ooc: mfldsmlfds

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:26 am