Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+3
Mercy
Murdoch
Banather
7 posters

March to Talabheim

Banather
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

March to Talabheim - Page 6 Empty March to Talabheim

Post by Banather Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Old World is a dangerous place to live in. Humanity is always threatened, from all sides. Everywhere one goes, he or she faces horrors unknown, from bandits, to the Undead, and even Daemons. There are even legends of a race of vicious Rat-Men, called Skaven, who live in underground tunnels all throughout the world.

The Empire is the largest nation of Men. It is ruled by the Emperor, who is elected, and rules unto death. The current Emperor is a valiant and noble man, named Karl Franz. The Empire is divided into several provinces, each ruled by an Elector Count, who, in the even of the emperor's death, become candidates for his successor. This is a nation which is ruled by religion. There is a god for every aspect of existence, such as Morr, the god of the Dead, Ulric, the god of Winter, War, and Wolves, or Sigmar, the first Emperor, and patron god of the Empire.

Even within the Emperor's borders, humans are not the only people to exist. Elves live in the forests, and Dwarfs in the mountains, both of which maintain good, or at least tolerant, relations with the Humans. There are others, such as the Vampire Counts of Silvania, or the Beastmen of Drakwald Forest, which threaten the very existence of humanity.

-------------

We are all part of a caravan, travelling towards the city of Talabheim. You may be a warrior, priest, or simple peasant folk. Human, Elf, or Dwarf. It doesn't matter. What matters is why are you in this caravan, what do you expect to find in the city we make our way to? Are you running from something? Or someone? Will you tell others, or keep your secrets? It's up to you.

The technology level in this setting is akin to the Renaissance era, particularly Germany. So basic firearms exist, but they are expensive and typically reserved for the military. Swords and other weapons are much more common. Magic also exists, for those who are trained to wield it. A human can only learn to control one of the Winds of Magic, such as Fire, Alchemy, Shadow, Death, Life or Light.

Here is a map of the Empire (click it to view the entire thing). Talabheim, our destination, is on the western border of Talabecland, in the center of the Empire.
    Spoiler:

Banather - Konrad Falkenheim, Warrior Priest of Sigmar
    Mercy - Arabel, Gypsy
    Allen - Tarell Diederich, Rogue/Assassin
    Skye - Nadya Purrum, Gypsy
    Capri - Felixa Cassius, Tilean Noble?
    Murdoch - Varkash, Disguised Chaos Sorcerer

Current time/conditions: Dusk, with a few clouds and a slight breeze. It's early summer.

Last edited by Banather on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

March to Talabheim - Page 6 Empty Re: March to Talabheim

Post by Eljordo Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:49 pm

"I did not claim you could not look after yourself, but you do not know these men like I do. I have seen the grandest of my order, who have been in millitary training since before they were seven, get struck down with ease by the hands of these monstrosities. You may know you're way around a blade, but nothing can prepare you to face a daemonically possesed being. I have seen these men turn into demons simply by uttering a short phrase. You can not even comprehend what these men are capable of. Trust me when I say we need to stick together."

Aymarr decided to help out, and began spearing fish beside her
    Skye
    Skye

Post by Skye Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Nadya shook her head and kept her laughter back. As they both disappeared from the moving caravan, she turned to the others. "Fools. They will be dead by morning if they continue with actions such as this." She slipped the coin into her pocket and crossed her legs, looking back up to the woman and two men. "Should we let them continue? Some have guilty consciences and might want to return to them. Speak them out of stupidity." Nadya's absent hands went to her knotted hair. She took off her scarf and laid it on her lap before beginning to braid her hair. Nadya had remembered someone referring to it as a French braid, but she was not sure of it's name.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:35 pm

Once we gained enough fish, I cleaned off my knife, unwrapped the string and stood quietly. I listen and grab the basket, placing it against my hip and swiftly turning to the warrior.

"Come, they are moving in quick. If... You can keep up that is." I say with a giggle, my bare feet gently dancing across as I pick up speed across the forest.

Talba runs next to me, my eagle flies high and the spirits around me dance freely as the wind whips my hair.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:50 pm

Aymarr chuckled back
    "i dont think that'll be a problem my lady"

suddenly he heard footsteps. This wasn't good. To his horror, Chaos warriors, bearly a hundred yards away, walk threw the mist. It was still dark, and it was doubtfull if they had seen them. He looks over at the girl.

"Get down!" he whispered as he crouched behind a fallen tree.

"Do not run, they will hear you. We have to move, but do so quietly"
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:36 pm

"I always move quietly." I say with a smirk, looking over at him, realizing I didn't even know his name.

Aymarr... The spirits around me giggle and I quickly peer over the bushes that held my hiding spot.

"Sa pastreze un zid intre noi si haosul... [Keep a wall between us and the Chaos; Rough Romani translation]" I say in a hushed whisper, a small swirl of Magic rustles in my fingertips and I gently touch the arm of the warrior, my Magic sending jitters up my spine.

"Come...We must move quickly and quietly." I say, my eyes peering over the bush once again and I pick up my skirt a bit, sliding forward.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Aymarr was not sure how to react to her confidence, it would either save them or kill them. She seemed diffrent from the others in the caravan, she uttered a language he did not understand. magic radiated from her hand as she gently touched his arm, this somehow gave him a sence of reasurance that they would make it. he was fasinated by this forien magic, he bearly heard her speak, he just knew it was time to go. He quickly snapped himself out of it.
    "Right, lets go"
    He moved silently across the treeline, trying to avoid the eyesight of the advancing Chaos warriors. as they advanced down the road, the sound of hoofs shook the earth.
    Chaos Knights. This was worse than Aymarr had originally thought.
    "Get into the bush!" Aymarr whispered as he grabbed her hand and silenty worked his way into the bushes.
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:47 pm

Felixa sighed after listening to the gypsy and man, "Yes, very silly of them to go out there. I say we move on. Let them make their own choices and catch up. I could influence them, but Magic would just attract the-" she broke off, her spine stiffening.

With a whip of her head, her eyes narrowed towards the direction of the river. It had become silent. No bird were singing. No small animals scampered through the forest. Not even the wind played through the trees.

She could sense it. Not only the strong flow of constant power ebbing from the gypsy outside the caravan, but something else also.
    "And speaking of that. They've found us," she whispered, straightening up to look out the window of the car. Chaos Warriors. Their auras sent electric shots through her mind, picking up thoughts and emotions from the warriors.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:05 am

"Do not be stressed, it will ruin the barrier that keeps us from them." I say hastily as he grabs my hand and pulls me back under.

"Chaos Knights.." I whisper angrily under my breath, mumbling something in the Romani language and watching them closely. I could hear that we weren't far from the caravan, but the Knights weren't far either.

I put a finger to my pale, pink lips and make a light 'shh' noise towards the warrior.

"Stay." I creep slowly forward, leaving the basket of fish with him. I disappear into a Shadow and then reappear in front of them. I hoped to create a distraction, letting the warrior get to the caravan in time.

"Hello, gentlemen." I say, my clothes had changed into more of a formal attire for gypsies. I laugh lightly, dancing onmy feet towards them and they stop their horses.

The leader looks at me sternly, "Arabel, you have guts... Showing your face around these parts..."

"Haven't I always?" I ask quietly, putting a hand on my hip raising an eyebrow.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:26 am

ooc: Mercy, you just don't get it....Chaos Knights wouldn't talk to you. They would kill you and move on. They wouldn't even look at your corpse. If you had met them and lived, you're either extremely skilled or extremely lucky. Considering that these are warriors of Khorne, bloodthirsty and ruthless even by Warriors of Chaos standards....yeah. Your actions are totally unrealistic. Sorry to nitpick, but I get annoyed when people portray the Warriors as rational human beings. All they want is "Blood for the Blood God".

Ic:

Luc snorts lightly. "Trust me, I have no such problems with leaving them behind. If they are fool enough to wander off, they get what they deserve." A harsh view, perhaps, but not unjustified.
    The other girls words make his ears prick up, and his head snap around to the side. Warriors? This close? How in Gods name did they get so close so quickly? They must have a Sorcerer with them, then!

"Blood and ashes," he mutters. "How many?" He takes a quick head count. "Only three. And by 'only,' I mean 'oh blast it, three'."
    Three could wipe out this entire caravan easily. "Their proximity suggests that they have a Sorcerer with them to travel this far this quickly. This is just brilliant." He turns to the others. "Here are our options; we surrender, and die. We run and most probably die and leave those in the caravans to die. Or, we could fight and hope there aren't more of them out there hiding."

Ooc:
    This is a warrior of Khorne:
    http://www.greenfieldgames.com/userfiles/image/Warriors%20of%20Chaos_Khorne_gdesign_03.jpg
    And this is one in battle:
    http://www.piyastudios.com/gallery/Khorne-Warrior-Final.jpg

They are NOT reasonable and talkative. They are kill first, ask questions never.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:29 pm

OOC: lol yeah mercy when i saw your post i was like 0_0
    normal chaos knights would kill you without a seconds pause, knights of KHORN would have killed you before you could have said anything Razz When Khorne warriors scout, they are more interested in finding something to kill rather than gathering intel. The only rational explination i can think of is if you too were once part of a northern tribe and knew these men personally, but if that were the case 1.You probably would have tried to kill everyone in the caravan by now, or 2.they still would have killed you just for kicks lol Razz
    so yeah, Ill probably have to save you (Not that ill be able to KILL any lol)

BIC: Aymarr watched in horror as the girl approached the Chaos Knights. She was going to get herself killed! There is no way Aymarr could take them on in battle, but he could outsmart these killing machines. It would seem there were four, more than enough to destroy our caravan if they were to get close. He had to be carefull.
    He ran out of the bushes behind the knights, leaving his things in the bushes. He picked up a small stone and threw it at the head of one of them. It just bounched off of his helmet, but it cought his attention. The four Knights spun around
    "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD"
    Aymarr ran as fast as he could into the treeline on the oppasite side, they would not be as swift in the forrest. The Chaos knights, in a fit of rage and blood lust, followed him into the woods.
    Skye
    Skye

Post by Skye Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Nadya turned to the forest as she heard the cry of the Warriors. She had a feeling they were nearing closer. They had a sorcerer with them, and a powerful one. "We must make a decision now. They are nearing closer with the intentions of blood. It's not just searching anymore. They've found us." Nadya stood, slipping her scarf back on her head as she looked out to the rest of the caravan. The men on horses were gone, as they must have heard the warriors. She turned to the others, looking over each one as she awaited an answer. She tapped her foot impatiently, as every second wasted the closer the warriors came.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Luc shakes his head slowly. "We cannot fight them. If there are even three Warriors, we wouldn't stand much of a chance. With our Priest friend incapacitated in whatever trance he seems to enjoy doing, our best chance against them is non-existent. We could attempt to use magic, but considering that they are Warriors of Khorne, they almost certainly have a resistance against that kind of thing. We would almost certainly lose in close combat as well." The Warriors are picked from the finest of the Northerners, who are trained from birth to kill, and then trained even harder and granted supernatural strength, speed and agility, and superhuman resilience, able to take several arrows and not be affected in the least, and Warriors of Khorne are even more ferocious in battle.

He stands up slowly. "No, we have to get away. How fast do you think this wagon can go? We won't need to go fast to outrun the footsoldiers, but it's the Knights I am worried about. We cannot abandon the caravan to the Warriors. I doubt the Priest would be happy with that."
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:05 pm

ooc - eh, blah, my character's strange and quirky, with a witty, odd sense of humor. she finds this highly amusing...

bic -

"You left something.." THe leader giggles lightly, taking something from his sheath. I stare, my eyes narrowing... My dagger... but how...

BUt of course, no time to think... The Chaos Knights chuckle darkly, looking at each other for a moment and back at me. My eyes widen as they throw a dagger right at me and it hits me in the side. I disappear in a Shadow and find safety in the trees, watching them stop their horses and look around confused.

"We know you're here, Arabel..." The leader hisses and I realize I was in deep trouble. I had to keep from screaming as I chewed on my lower lip violently. The dagger in my side was horrifying, I had been hurt before but... with my own jagged dagger? I hold my side, silently shrieking as I dare my fingers to pluck it out, but I am frozen.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:00 pm

"I agree. Let us go. But the knight and gypsy are still out there. I might be belligerent to others most of the time, but we have to get them back in somehow. And quickly. If the time calls for it, I'm pretty sure this car can move at the speed we want it to go." she spoke quickly, eyes darting around. She's completely pushed aside her own problems. For now. All she wanted was to get out of danger.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:02 am

ooc: It doesn't matter if you find it amusing, the warriors would kill you anyway. They don't care what your sense of humour is! And I do believe you ignored El Jordo's last post; the Knights are now chasing him, not looking at you Razz

Ic:

"I don't bloody well care!" Luc snaps. "They were fool enough to wander off alone, and they deserve what they get! Once we escape, then we can worry about getting their bloody fool asses out of trouble!" He wants to shout, but he only whispers to try to avoid detection. The Warriors are approaching slowly, and he grits his teeth. "What do we do? We can't take these guys one-on-one, even with my quarterstaffs advantage over the sword!"
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:14 am

OOC- lol its fine Merc, ill edit my last post so that the leader is still looking for you, but his comrades are after me Very Happy
    BIC- Aymarr looked back, only thee. this troubled him. The leader must still be after the girl; if she is even still alive. he had to shake those three. Aymarr had the advantage of mobility over the horsemen in the thick forrest, as soon as he got out of eyesight, he lept into a nearby bush. In their bloodlust, they just sped on past the bush shouting and swinging their weapons wildly. once they got a good distance away, Aymarr jumped out of the bush and sped back towards the girl, she was still in danger.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:27 am

El Jordo....I just love your profile pic. Deadpool FTW!
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:30 am

OOC- lol I thought so xD
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:47 pm

I silently gasp for air, afraid to take out the knife in fear of my crimson blood splatter painting my dress, and of bleeding out. It was lodged in my side, and I look around, I didnt nearly have the energy to fight.

"Come out, Arabel..." The Knight taunts, I can hear the smug smile rustling in his tone. I growl lightly, trying to locate the caravan.

With every bit of strength I could muster, I sucked in a breath, taking the dagger out of my side and gasping loudly as I felt the warm blood seep from the wound. I had to move fast. I quickly jumped down from the tree, landing on the Knight's horse, taking his sword from his sheath.

A gloved hand backhanded me, sending me flying into the trunk of a sturdy tree. The air sinks out of my lungs as I felt the bones in my ribs crack throughly..

Was i going to die?

My eyes flutter, as I felt my soul being tugged by the Death spirits around me...

I shake my head wearily, feeling a prescence loom overhead and I get ready for my fate to be sealed.

Last edited by Mercy on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:36 pm

ooc: Mercy, I am really sorry but...but...but...I don't even know where to start! You...he...El Jordo, please help me out here!
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:40 pm

ooc - I grabbed the leader by the horns, dragging him away from his crew. He had my dagger, threw it at me stuck it into me and now I killed him out of outrage.

I'm back at the caravan bleeding out.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:51 pm

That...isn't what I meant...you...you...

I am sorry...I need a moment...

Ok. Deep breath. I am seriously extremely sorry for this, and I know I am being extremely nitpicky here, but I am a massive fan of Chaos, and you are kind of missing the point...the ease with which you defeated the Chaos Knight? Whilst injured? This dude is in massive plate armour that weighs at least half a ton. That you could push him from his saddle in your weakened state seems unlikely. He is a Chaos Knight, the elite of the elite, and the leader of them to boot. To say that you could steal his sword with such ease? Again, unlikely. Unlikely that you could lift the damn thing, in your injured state. A normal human would have difficulty wielding it, as it is made for a 7-8 foot human being with supernatural strength. The Horse is a part daemonic beast that only obeys its master....you can see where I'm going, can't you? And it's already been stated that these warriors aren't logical or civilized. They will kill you without saying a word other than "blood for the blood god!" "Kill! Maim! Burn!" or something similar.

Again, I am really sorry for this rant, but I am a Chaos man through-and-through, and these guys are not nearly as easy to take down as you portray them. I saw 5 knights once stampede through a good 20-30 trained soldiers like they weren't even there....

Just....read this....
    http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Warrior
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:53 pm

ooc - oh blah must we be nitpicky, i'm making my character die here.

but no worries... i shall fix it.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:55 pm

I accept that, but I've been talking to Ban and he agrees with me; if you're gonna play in a universe, you kinda need to follow its rules. The ones we killed earlier were Marauders, not Warriors.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:58 pm

fixed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:16 am