Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Brandon
Burn It
Danny
Murdoch
8 posters

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 2 Empty First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Murdoch Sat May 21, 2011 3:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok, I said I was going to post this, and I will. I expect people to join, as many people expressed an interest.

Alright. I will keep this simple. It is the year 5052AD, and mankind has long since extended its reach to the stars and outside its solar system. It has encountered many new sentient races, some hostile, some friendly and some who are just trying to get by. The governments of mankind have banded together under one banner, the "true" UNEM; United Nations of Earth and Mankind. It sits on the grand galactic council alongside representatives from every other race in the galaxy, and ostensibly have Human-kinds best interests at heart. However, politics corrupt everything, and every member in the council has their own agenda, even within the parties. The miniature councils that run the solar systems are just as corrupt, allowing bandits and slavers to operate in many of the outlying systems where the UEP- the Universal Enforcers Patrol- have a very weak presence. Whether this is due to lethargy or corruption on the councillors part depends on the system. There are many different groups outside the councils, be they mercenary groups, terrorist groups, bandits or just wealthy, independent businessmen.

Of course, what do we care about this? You are all simple creatures- humans and aliens alike- who live a simple life, living in a colony on the planet Liberty, located in the Terminus System in the far reaches of the galaxy. News from the rest of the galaxy doesn't reach you, and your biggest worries include the occasional bandit raid or whether next years harvest goes rotten. Humans and aliens alike live together, side by side, reacting to each other based solely on personal virtues rather than racial stereotypes. You are all stuck here, after all, and you grew up here; most of your families have lived here since the colony was founded, or close to it. Liberty is an earth-like planet, albeit with different wildlife and a slightly higher climate, and completely isolated, more or less.
    That is, until a ship from an unknown organisation- it could be military, it could be something else- drops out of hyperspace above the planet, and sends down six soldiers of mixed race in a dropship that lands just outside of the colony limits, near the outlying farms. They have heard rumours of a massive attack being planned by an unknown force, and they have been sent to find out why and to hopefully stop it. What in Gods name is about to happen to the peaceful planet of Liberty?

Ok, now most of you will be farmers or shopkeepers or working in personal security...generally an ordinary person leading an ordinary life. Myself and someone else will be playing the military personnel in charge of the other four who were sent down, and sorry guys, but that role has been reserved. This is simply to keep the story moving.
    You can be human or alien, and I will not give you a list of aliens. It will be up to you to invent them yourselves...just PM me with your ideas and I will review them to see if they are viable to include. Alright?
    If you wish to be one of the four soldiers, you may, but I do not want everyone choosing a soldier, and if you choose to be a "grunt" you will be wearing a red shirt. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedShirt

We start just as the dropship is finding a place to land.

Roles:

Civilians:
    -Danny, farmer, Crystalline
    -Faith, Book Shop owner, Human

Soldiers:
    -Murdoch, Scout Leader, Human
    -Jordan [Eljordo], Human

Other:
    -Brandon (Dragon...symbiote...thing...)

Last edited by Murdoch on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 2 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Faith Wynters Mon May 23, 2011 6:25 pm

OOC- Sorry Sorry SORRY!! D: I fail
    I was making it

Bio:
    (Number Corresponds with the picture below)
    Character Name(s): Faith Elizabeth Wynters
    Skin Tone: Creamy-pale skin
    Build/Body type: Thin, with no muscle appearance whatsoever.
    Hair Color: Platinum Silver
    Hairstyle: Long, straight, cut straight across at her eyebrows
    (1)

Eye Color: Magenta
    Height: 5’3”
    Tattoo: None.

Clothing: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=31826801
    Hands: A small scar on my left index finger where I cut myself trying to peel an apple when I was young
    Piercings: Ears, Navel, Nose
    Sexuality: Bi-Sexual
    Relationship Status: Faith keeps mostly to herself when she’s working, and even when she’s having personal times.

Personality: Faith is very calm when it comes to working. Although when she is with others she can be very bi-polar at times. She is one of the more caring people in town, being more considerate of others. Faith is quiet, liking to read more than speak. She goes by book smarts more than street smarts although she hasn’t seen her parents since she was sixteen.
    Skills: Fast, perfect vision
    Weaknesses: She is very Naïve, because even though she left her parents at an early age, she was still supported by them. Faith does believe that there is good In everyone and tries to bring it out, even if it gets her hurt.
    Weapons: A single blade usually used for cutting open new boxes of books, but is very sharp

Role: BookStore owner

1)
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Faith Wynters on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 2 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Burn It Mon May 23, 2011 10:39 pm

Name: Kristina Laith
    Species: Alluvian
    Piercings: Diamond studs in the ears. It’s tradition for woman to get them at the age of 16, and they are never removed.
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Relationship Status: Single. Alluvian laws are strict when it comes to partnering.
    Appearance of Kristie/Species: Alluvian people have similar body structures to humans, but with the exception that we have strict genetic genes. Men are around 7-8 feet tall by the age of 17, when they stop growing – No man is shorter, or taller. The same goes with women, but by the age of 16 they are fully grown to a height of 5-6 feet. Clearly, men are distinctively taller then women. Kristie, being 25 years old is full-grown and stands 5’7”, with a common lean body type. Not many Alluvian women are larger, because our body type is decided on genes. The only time where a woman appears larger than normal, is when she has a lot more distinctive muscle present which is a result in a malfunction during growth inside the mother where she got more muscle genes from her father than she should have. Alluvian are again, tall, broad, and muscular. If they’re smaller, than they didn’t get another of their father’s genes. All of which is extremely rare. Alluvian people have a blue skin, with the men’s skin being incredible darker then the women’s. Kristie’s skin is a very light tone, one that is known but not common among a lot of people. The Alluvian skin looks like it’s made of tens of thousands of different small, spec like scales. It looks tough, and hard and rugged to the touch. However, the Alluvian skin feels almost exactly like a human’s skin, however Alluvian skin is noticeable colder than humans. Men’s hair is black, women have white – This never changes. Alluvian facial structures are identical to humans, but the eyes are slightly larger and jet black – No public or anything is visible. Styles range, with Kristie’s hair being chest length and wavy, this: http://image.hikika.com/images/prod_desc/1/98/pd-19800-1.jpg

Clothing: Alluvian clothing is also extremely strict. Men wear pant-like clothes only when in combat, which is rare. Other than that they are limited to wearing the traditional kilt style bottom with no limitations on the upper body, as long as it’s from our cultural. As in, no T-Shirts or muscle shirts, think rugged dress shirts. Women are allowed to wear the dress style robes, and that’s it. It can have thin, long, short, or no sleeves at all, as long as it is ankle length and from our cultural. They are all embroiled around the edges and are either simple, one-colour designs or they a series of tones of a colour blended.

Badass ability of the Alluvian people: The blue colour of the Alluvian people comes from their original home of the sea. They merged to land so many years ago, no one was ever able to fully pinpoint when it happened. This was possible because certain Alluvian people had the ability to retract and close their gills, allowing them to breath on land instead of just in the water. Alluvian people learned to love the land more than the sea, and those who could be taught or already had the ability moved to land. By process of Natural Selection, well, here we are. Alluvian people have gills located on the neck just below the ears, and are only visible when they’re opened to swim and breath under water. Other than that, they aren’t much different from humans. Sight and hearing is the same on land, but in water are enhanced past any living creature that resides in the sea. Finally, during our merge to land, Alluvian gained the ability to have human looking hands and feet. Similar to their gills, when their bodies are summered in water, the webbed hands and feet are activated, allowing them to swim at incredible speeds.

Kristie’s skin tone (The light shade, not the dark lines. It’s one tone.): http://product-image.tradeindia.com/00170836/b/0/Aqua-Blue-Batik.jpg
    Kristie’s current clothing: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KbYNyKvDL.jpg - Except without the pouch or belt, and this shade of green: http://ys-ccc.com/Paper/MG%20Paper/Light%20green%20CB-4102.jpg

Role: Grocery store worker, mother and father are the owners.

.. Am I missing anything?
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Tue May 24, 2011 12:13 am

Character Name: Kaynik Krios
    Race: Asarian
    Build/Body type: Very athletic. Attractive to every race.
    Hair Color: N/A
    Hairstyle: Swayed back; just like every other Asari.
    Eye Color: Ice blue. Almost white.
    Height: 6'5"
    Appearance: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/132/8/e/rare_species___asari_by_helltempest-d3g6fxz.jpg

Jacket/Coat: Thin, black leather jacket
    Shirt: White t-shirt with thick, vertical gray stripes
    Hands: Black leather gloves.
    Pants: White slacks
    Shoes: Black boots
    Jewelry/Accessories: N/A
    Tattoos: Front---(The black) http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/comics/news20000726/maul1_bg.jpg
    Back---(The black) http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/comics/news20000726/maul2_bg.jpg

Abilities: Long life span and biotic power(Pretty much like the force, but the aura is visible)
    Sexuality: Straight
    Relationship Status: Single
    Personality: Stubborn, strong silent type, quiet, quick to anger, loves to fight, determined, blunt, doesn't have many freinds so may seem stand-offish, Tends to get offended easily.
    Role: Bouncer of the only cantina.

Last edited by Brandonius Maximus on Fri May 27, 2011 6:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Tue May 24, 2011 12:24 am

The asari, native to the planet Thessia, are often considered the most powerful and respected sentient species in the known galaxy. A mono-gender race—distinctly masculine in appearance—the asari are known for their elegance, diplomacy, and biotic talent. Their millennia-long lifespan and unique physiology—allowing them to reproduce with a partner of any gender or species—give them a conservative but convivial attitude toward other races. A typical asari individual has a blue to purple complexion; the gas giant Sharblu was named after a famous asari soprano with a distinctive skin tone that resembled the planet's atmosphere. Some asari can also have a teal complexion, but this seems to be a rarity. Some asari, such as their representative on the Council, have facial markings. They could be tattoos however, they may be genetic, and may denote the "father" species. In the place of head hair, asari possess wavy folds of sculpted skin; aside from this and their skin tone, aesthetically the asari are the closest alien species to humans. Asari are considered attractive to many species, which would prove useful considering their method of reproduction. Asari have a robust cellular regenerative system. While they do not heal faster than other species, asari are known to reach 1000 years of age. Although asari have one gender, they are not asexual. An asari provides two copies of his own genes to his offspring, which—regardless of the species or sex of the 'mother'—is always an asari. The second set is altered in a unique process called melding, also known as the joining.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2011 1:17 am

I don't think we can nick the Assari, mainly because its plagorism.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Tue May 24, 2011 3:29 am

Everything is fine, don't worry about it. I can't spot anything missing, and I do not believe anyone is overpowered, so that is perfectly fine. Aki, don't worry about it; we're not making money out of it, and to be honest, I don't think Bioware cares if one person uses one of their species in an RP. It really isn't important. From the look of those tattoos, I think we have to be more worried about him getting a lightsaber and going Sith Lord on our asses...O_o LOL.

I'll get started on the opening post....here we go, then...
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue May 24, 2011 6:07 am

ooc: Erm, now I know this post is long, but...yeah, this will be a rare-length post. Usually it will be more manageable. I just needed to set the scene.

Ic:

Dawn breaks over the colony of Liberty in the Terminus System, raw red light spilling over the horizon to gently caress the tops of the trees located around the colony. The sky is cloudless and tinged with a smattering of orange and purple that slowly lightens as the sun edges its way up the sky. Soon enough, the forests and lakes are bathed in light, and the colony begins its bustle into life. Shops open, windows and curtains open, doors open and schools open as the colonists begin their daily lives. The bustle of the busy colony isn’t lost on anyone as people do their jobs, buy their necessities and send their children off to learn at schools and colleges or apprenticeships to other, hard working individuals. Humans and aliens both have their jobs and roles, and all of them do them without complaint.

At about midday, when the sun is at its height and the colony is directly below it, a small dot appears in the sky above the southern forest. Only a tiny one and no one can see it, even if they were looking up, but a dot nonetheless. It gradually becomes larger, the dot becoming a splotch and then a shape as it comes closer.
    The ship is a small one, only a small transport, and is primarily cylindrical in shape. It resembles a slightly squat tube, the front end sloping at a 45 degree angle, a window in its place. The pane is dark, opaque even, and it is impossible to see through it from the outside. The rest of the hull is sleek, unmarked save for a single word engraved on the right side, just on bottom half and near the window; ‘Explorer’.

The ship is a dark, metallic grey, except for the three slightly tinny-coloured protrusions at the back. Two rectangular engines, covered by a curved piece of plate on the outside, are suspended by metal bars and several springs and levers from a medium-sizes gap in the hull, about the size of the plate. The same can be said of the protrusion at the top, save for the fact that the top-suspended wing is not an engine, but rather a pair of medium-sized barrels that appear to be segmented that are attached to a turret that appears to be just a rectangle on a retractable bar.

The ship wobbles violently, then, and a groaning, sputtering sound can be heard from the otherwise silent craft. The ship lists to the left, then the right as each engine appears to fail and then restart in turn, each jerk more violent than the last.
    Inside the ship, the lighting is dark with the occasional sparks and flashes as numerous systems overload or short circuit. Each list sends the passengers flailing, for handholds, all training forgotten as they struggle to find their footing. They do eventually find it, and only lose their balance in the more violent of the leans.

There are five passengers in total, each one holding on for dear life to the bars overhead. There are seats, but they are folded up and out of the way as each passenger attempts to at least slow down the rate at which their systems are failing. There are four males and one female, all busy with their separate duties. Murdoch, the leader of the squad, is doing the shouting, as leaders are wont to do in this situation, and the others are following his orders.
    Murdoch staggers to the side as another violent list occurs, almost sending him crunching into the wall on the opposite side of the passengers’ area. He is tall, for a human, and his short black hair flops in a mop on his head whilst his bright blue eyes flash with suppressed anger. Not anger at the squad- this isn’t their fault- but anger in general. Not panic, though. He doesn’t panic.

He skids past Jordan, a slightly heavy-set man with dark, short hair and green eyes, working furiously to make sure the stabilising systems equalise. It’s a little bit of a fruitless effort, and not very effective- given that they are still rocking back and forth wildly- but he is still trying, and good luck to him. Who knows, he might even be able to fix the blasted thing.
    He puts his hand on Jordan’s shoulder to steady himself, and leans down to shout in his ear. The wailing of the engines, the screaming of the secondary systems and the clattering of cargo being thrown about makes it extremely loud in the ship, and he has to shout to be heard. “Get that blasted thing sorted out now!” he yells above the noise, “Some of us can’t work upside down!” He claps Jordan on the shoulder again, then staggers away, up the ship. He struggles past Josh and Brian- twin brothers, they’re both about five foot six, with dirty blonde hair and brown eyes, and although being short, they are both very squat, earning them the affectionate nickname “The Dwarves” among the crew- who are attempting to fasten down the shifting, clattering cargo. Murdoch shakes his head; it’s futile, but good luck to them.

Another list, and he almost clatters into Tarya, the scout engineer. Tarya’s just as tall as Murdoch, but where he has short black hair, Taryas is long and blonde, her hair coming down to her shoulders. Her green eyes sparkle with constant mischief, even when in danger, and her slender build is not what you would expect in a soldier. She’s got her personal computer out, the holographic screen buzzing as she taps away at the touch-screen, the two metal rods on either side of the display plugged into separate systems. She doesn’t appear to notice the leaning of the ship, just moving her feet unconsciously to keep her balance. When he rattles into the wall beside her, Tarya glances up from her work, a small hint of amusement sparkling in her eyes.
    “Sir, I would appreciate it if you didn’t crush your body against me while I’m working,” she says flatly.

Despite himself, Murdoch finds himself grinning, even as he bends his legs to try and keep his balance. “Later, then?” He asks dryly.
    She inclines her head. “If you want, Sir.” The words are spoken flatly, without any inflection, but the sly smile she gives him makes his grin broaden. “But at the moment, I am attempting to repair the engines. Some of the damage from the last...” She pauses, shooting him a pointed glance, “…adventure wasn’t repaired properly. The stress of re-entry must have popped something loose, or torn apart some of the damaged systems.”
    Murdoch puts his hands up. “Don’t blame me, blame those morons that call themselves Technicians on Astaros!” Another lean, more violent this time, and he has to grab hold of the bar above his head to keep from toppling over, along with almost every other bit of cargo in the ship. A barely audible curse from one of The Dwarves accompanies it, suggesting that their efforts were just reversed. “Can you do anything about it?”

“Sir, the damage was extensive to begin with…add onto that the extra damage we have and will sustain from this adventure…I don’t think so. I’ll try to stabilise our landing, but that’s the most I can do.”
    “Get to it, then!” He says. She nods simply, and Murdoch pushes off from the side of the wall and staggers towards the door that separates the cockpit from the rest of the transport. The door slides open and then shut as he steps into the cockpit. The area is full of blinking lights, blaring warning noises and sparks from secondary system consoles. The ship lurches and Murdoch has to grab the back of the pilots seat to stop himself going over. Edward, the pilot, looks up. Edward is a similar size to Jordan, if slightly shorter, with dark hazel eyes and ginger hair that he usually spikes up, but is hanging down about his face, wet with the sweat gained from the exertion he’s putting himself through. Flying a damaged ship isn’t easy, after all.

“What the hell are you doing?” Murdoch shouts. Edward looks affronted.
    “Ain’t my fault some pencil-pushing, spec-nosed spanner-monkey didn’t take the time to check that the primary buffer systems were aligned with the engine propulsion conduits!” He snorts. Murdoch rolls his eyes.
    “What did I say would happen if you kept spouting techno-babble?”
    Edward sighs. “You would remove my tongue and jettison it into space…” he shouts.
    “Exactly. Just…get her on the ground,” he says, turning to leave the cockpit.
    “That part will happen pretty definitely!” Edward shouts back just before the door closes behind Murdoch.
    The ship lurches again, and begins losing altitude with increasing speed, streaking towards the colony in a plume of black smoke.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue May 24, 2011 7:41 am

ooc- Um...Yeah...I'll post after shool because there's no time now lol
    At 3:30 I'll be here, Central Standard
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2011 10:52 am

Akimaru 'Ghost' Inzuka, Aki or 'Ghost' to his friends and co-workers, sat in the cockpit of the commercial shuttle that was chartered to fly out to one of the many smaller satellite towns that surrounded the main colony. These towns were normally a good 10 hours flight away even at Scramjet speeds, which were banned within 30 miles of the Colony limits and below the mesosphere.

He ran a hand through his short black hair and sighed, he was already running late and he was going to be later because almost half of his passengers hadn't turned up. He had contacted the tower, as well as the company that the contractors he was transporting were coming from and he had received the same reply from both, 'Wait for further instruction'.

He undid his straps that held him precariously in place and turned to look down the ship. It was a Boeing Z-256, a slightly outdated Atmospheric Transport Ship, it was capable of entering the Thermosphere and re-entry as well being able to reach Mach 23 within the Mesosphere. It was a good looking ship, painted black, although the space inside was quite crapmed because of the necessity of life support systems and oxygen lines for zero gee maneuvers.

He lent in the doorway and looked at the three people who were already seated, he nodded at them politely and reached up into the pilots locker for his flight helmet. He dropped it onto his seat and turned back to look down the aisle getting lost in his thoughts of being a single seater military pilot, or piloting one of the newest Napier Hornet class ships, which had been designed as fast, maneuverable deep space stealth ships which could be piloted by a skeleton crew and had enough armor and firepower to take on Frigates with ease and Destroyers in an even firefight.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Tue May 24, 2011 11:51 am

Jordan was weary. The shuttle was going down, there was no doubt about that. He was no engineer, he only knew the basics, but he was trying his best to help stabilize the shuttle. Even Tarya was having trouble, and she was the best damn engineer he had seen in this part of the galaxy. Murdoch was making his way around the shuttle trying to keep order, but at this point there was little he could do. We were going to hit the ground hard. Suddenly, a loud alarm sounded, a red light filled the shuttle.

"Murdoch, sir! We are only 9000 feet from the surface. I advise preparing for impact."
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue May 24, 2011 1:38 pm

Murdoch hesitates slightly, then gives a curt nod. There is sense in that; the repairs are going to take longer than they've got, if they can be made at all, and there's no point in risking their lives just to buy themselves a little more air time. He doesn't have to tell Edward how to find a place to land- he's done this enough times to know to look for a clear space- and instead grabs hold of a bar above his head. "Everyone get in the harnesses now!" he yells over the noise of the ship, moving jerkily towards one of the seats, "In case you hadn't noticed, we're crash landing," he stops for a beat, then continues, "Again. You know the drill!" He lurches into the wall as the shuttle tilts again, and hits a button with his fist. The seats that are folded into the wall all fold down with whirs that are masked by the screeching and groaning of the shuttle, and Murdoch pulls himself into one. "Get a move on people!" He yells as he reaches up, grabbing the harness over his head and pulling it down. He locks it into place and watches as the others do the same; the harness might be primitive, but being a bar that runs down the shoulder and chest and covers the stomach, it's the best safety harness they could fit on this small ship. It will certainly protect them from the shudder and jolt of a crash. God knows they have before.

It's then he notices that Tarya is still standing up, tapping away at her computer desperately. "Tarya!" he yells, "Get in your harness now!" She doesn't seem to hear, and the warning sirens blare louder. Murdoch makes a sound of frustration; Tarya always was wilful, and never willing to admit defeat. It's saved their lives more than once, but right now, he needs her to give up...or she might not survive the crash, and they need her skills. Besides, he would miss the banter. Raising the harness with a snarl, he launches himself out of his seat and makes his way over to her, grabbing her arm. "Get. In. The. Harness!" He yells in her ear. She shakes her head.
    "No! Give me more time!"
    "We don't have time!" He yells back, "Get in the harness now!" He starts to pull her towards the seats, but then the ship lurches and shudders violently, throwing them off of their feet. Murdoch is up in an instant- though his ears are ringing- and practically throws her towards the seats. She crashes into it roughly, but at this point Murdoch doesn't care; she attempted to disobey an order and could have been killed because of it. That does not make him happy.

He moves closer, and grabs the harness, forcing it down over her body. He clicks it shut a little tighter than he intended, and she shakes her head as if to clear it as she squirms to get a more comfortable position.
    "Why Sir," she says coyly, "I knew you liked it rough, but I didn't realise how rough!" She gives him that sly smile that he usually loves, but he isn't in the mood at the moment.
    "Not now, Tarya," He says curtly, and the look on her face suggests that he slapped her. Absurdly, he instantly feels guilty, but there isn't time for that now. Thrusting him back down in his seat, he snaps the harness down and looks around.

"Brace for impact!" he yells as the shuttle lists yet again, sending weapons and supplies skittering along the floor.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Tue May 24, 2011 3:14 pm

Jordan strapped himself into his harness as he witnessed Murdoch struggleing to get Tarya into her seat. He eventually managed to get her down and strap himself in, with little to no time to spare. Almost instantly after Murdoch strapped himself in, they hit. The impact was tremendous. Everything that wasn't strapped down flew around the shuttle at blinding speeds. Even strapped in, Jordan's head whipped forward, pain shot through his spine. He let out a pained yell, he had been part of shuttle crashes before, but this one was by far the fastest, and the most painful. The shuttle was easily exceeding 300 miles an hour on impact, it was a wonder the shuttle didn't explode. The heap of metal dragged across the ground for almost thirty seconds before it crashed into something, causing a sudden stop.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue May 24, 2011 4:42 pm

I was given the day off from the market hustles. My Father was away for the past week, volunteering to help the farmers with a big, yearly run they do to.. Well, I don’t know where. Anyways, the point is is that my Mother and I had been running everything, and it was stressful with only two hands, and high demands. Mom handled it pretty well, she use to that type of load, but me? I hurt in places no one should ever hurt. So, I was allowed to sleep in, and do nothing but relax the entire day. It wasn’t an everyday thing, it wasn’t even a monthly thing. Which probably explains why I woke up the same time I do everyday, and as much as I wanted to fall back to sleep and rest, my body wouldn’t let me. Eventually I gave up, got ready and now had been wandering the downtown-like areas for a couple hours. Greeting people I hadn’t been able to see in weeks with work.. The average, boring thing someone does when they have nothing better to do. Enough of that though, it’s not important compared to what I did find to do on my day off.

To you, it may not seem like much at all, but to me it was a treat. It was.. Quiet! A tall, luscious grassy area with no one around that could be heard. When I lied down, the grass came up over my arms about an inch, and maybe a quarter of so over my legs. The bunching under my head of the grass made a pillow like comfort for my head. There wasn’t even a frog, or bird, or anything here making any sort of sound. Strange, since to the left of my feet was a small sized, but deep pound, but who cares! – I sure as hell don’t. You noticed so much more in places like this.. In fact, I think I felt the ground shake a bit? Maybe someone chopped down a tree or something, not on my to do list to mind today. You know what is mine to mind? How fast I could get myself to sleep here for the day.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue May 24, 2011 4:46 pm

There it was, the first gust of air in the morning as the supply truck levitated down the roads in it's lazy manner. The steam power that pushed it along made small trinkets move in and out, steam escaping into the sky as the brakes here applied.

I looked up, the honk of the horn as James frightened me out of my dazed thought of books. A new order was coming in today. The smell of fresh book had foged up my mind.

"Oh! You just better hurry with those books" I yell in a humored tone.

'You've got alot ordered don't you?" His words were muffled by the sound of the engine, but I still heard him.

"They all but wiped me out a few days ago. Apparently, older books from other galaxies are all the rage nowadays."

I came to the back of the large steam-Truck, looking in the back. at the boxes.

"Can you think about it?" Excitment filled my lips as I grabbed a box marked with my name. I pulled it into my arms, the feeling of the rough fibers against my skin.

"Real books! Paper Books! Not computer simulations anymore! The real thing"

My boots made thik thuds as I walked across the faux-Hardwood flooring of my quaint little shop. I smiled, turning as I sat the box down by the counter, looking around at the empty shelves.
    There was a chuckle as James brought in another two boxes filled with Mystery, History, and Fantasy tales of all sizes.

"I haven't seen you so out since the summer we had the Annual Festival and Mrs. Jackson and her some-what odd children found this place."

I Nodded, grabbing the small hologram screen, signing it quickly.
    The pen made scratching noises as I used it before putting it back in it's place and leaving.

"That's for sure, but you know how fast Scherlock children grow up. Thank's James"
    He chuckled, and waved, speaking his goodbye as he did almost every week. He knew I was excited about this shipment, and left me to my peace. Not many people would be in today, usually, my shelves had to be stocked for that, and at the moment, they weren't.

I drew my blade to slice the tape. The sound gave me chillbumps as I forced the box open. The smell selighted me as I looked at my riches. I was living my dream, that was all I cared about.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue May 24, 2011 5:09 pm

ooc: This isn't a Utopia. Not for long, anyway. Now Allen, if you aren't here to join, please leave. I don't want any arguments or pointless comments designed to put down this RP. Either join or leave. Thank you.

IC:

The crash is just like all the other ones; the ship hits the ground hard, sending everyone jolting in their seats and much of the cargo jumping in the air to hit the ceiling, the walls and the passengers themselves. Murdoch himself has his head thrown backwards against the wall, and his vision swims. He shakes his head a few times to clear out the worst of the ringing, and he can't help but groan. It doesn't get any easier the third time you've done it, or the tenth. He should really start a tour; see how many crashes they can make across the galaxy before one of them dies.

He unclips the harness and staggers to his feet, looking around. Sparks fly off of the occasional exposed wires and internal systems and most of the equipment is decorating the floor, but besides a few bruises and some pained groans, everyone appears to be alright. The Dwarves look like they're about to throw up for a second, but they soon recover, heaving themselves to their feet slowly. Noises from the cockpit- heavy cursing and the sound of buttons being smashed- signals the wellbeing of Edward, and Tarya looks more angry than hurt. She gets to her feet unsteadily, then spins about, instantly marching over to the exposed system. Miraculously, her computer stayed plugged in through the crash, and she soon resumes her work. Murdoch shakes his head as he turns to help Jordan out of his harness, offering him his hand. Heaving Jordan to his feet, he turns and walks over to Tarya, signalling for Jordan to follow him.

"How is She?" he asks her, Tarya looks over her shoulder. Murdoch fully expects a coy or flirtatious comment, and is surprised when he doesn't get one.
    "Most systems are down. The Engines are shot, although I don't know how badly, comms systems and scanners are down, weapons are damaged, the hull is barely holding together and the wings didn't get the chance to retract before we crashed, so they're probably damaged as well. Wait 'till I get my hands on those 'technicians'-" She says the word in a sneer, "- that 'fixed' this thing." The look on her face leaves Murdoch certain that he doesn't want to know what will happen to them. Murdoch looks at Jordan.
    "What do you think? I'm thinking you and I head off to the colony and continue our mission, leaving this lot here to repair the blasted thing."
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue May 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Allen, please. If you aren't going to contribute to the RP, please leave. I am asking you nicely. I don't want this RP thread flooded with non RP-related posts or critical posts that eventually saturates the thread and makes everyone just give up. I would actually like to finish this RP...so please, just leave it. Take your sarcastic, think-you're-funny posts and just leave us to the RP. Please.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Tue May 24, 2011 5:38 pm

Ooc: well then, back to the RP....

Bic: "I agree, no matter the condition of the shuttle, we must finish what we came here for." Jordan nodded.

He reached into a compartment in the shuttle and pulled out a metal box. Good, it was not damaged during the crash. Jordan enteres a code number on the side of the box, and it fell together. The box formed into Jordan's armor around his body, including his weapons. With a quick jolt of his wrist, a large blade unsheathed. Jordan marveled over it for a moment, then let out another jolt, retracting the blade.

"Lead the way Murdoch"
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue May 24, 2011 5:47 pm

It started off like any other harvest week. With the annual festival coming up within the week, and the crops ready to be collected, there was a lot of work to be done. Normally the crops wouldn't all be ready at the same time, but around this time of year they are; for the festival. Unable to do all the work, like every other farmer on this planet, the locals would come in early and help out with the work. People for collection, transportation, maintenance, et cetera. The farms on Liberty were quite large (being only colonies right now) so they were a bit off from the "mainland" colony. The travel time from the town was around half hour.

It was only 5:00 A.M, but Danny was already up and bustling about. He was dealing with the cattle (feeding them and cleaning their pen) when people started to show. With the morning sun appearing, the harvest would be easier (in years past, they were unfortunate enough to get dark, cloudily days, slowing the process). "Morning Danny!" a few called from the driveway. "Morning!" Danny yelled back to them.

By ten in the morning, Danny and the locals had already gotten a pattern in motion. There was a steady pace of collection and transportation, quickening the actions. Running every which way, Danny made sure everyone knew what they were doing and everything was running smoothly. "Danny!" his named was called, a bit to his dismay. "Then just put them in the back of the truck," Danny finished with one local before turning to the source of his name. "Hey pa!" he called, walking over with a smile. "Everything running good?" he asked, embracing his son. "Yes sir," Danny smiled back to his human father. "For once," they laughed.

It was around one in the afternoon (just after lunch) when someone pointed out a large object growing in the sky. "It's a ship!" someone called among the people. The "ship" seemed to be shooting through the sky followed by black smoke. It was growing in size, slowly approaching the farm. A few people moved away as the ship continued to grow, but most stayed. Though growing in size, it didn't look as if it'd hit the farm. When the ship did crash, the rumble was larger than expected, with a few people falling. "... The hell?" Danny muttered, watching the smoke appear from behind trees past the farm.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Tue May 24, 2011 8:45 pm

I sighed softly as I stood, leaned against the wall by the front door of the cantina. I was working the day shift today sadly. No one ever really came Here during the day. Except for the regulars. Jack, Tomas, Kercix, and Richard. Occasionally they'll bring friends. But it's never as exciting as the night shift. Always fighting rowdy drunks, that always made my job exciting. A bit of action everyday. I heard a small rumble and some yells. I assumed someone had gotten into a crash.

I heard Tomas. He always tried to pick up our female bartenders. It was funny really. Hearing all of his half-slurred attempts get shut down constantly and almost immediately.

I was content. Not nessicarily happy, but content. Content that living here has all but made my previous life seem like it didn't exsist. A small grin appeared on my face.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue May 24, 2011 10:16 pm

(Ooc: I have a request. Where you have the player's names written in the description, can you please write their character's names beside them too? Thanks.)

Dust sprinkled into her eyes and she turned her head, screwing up her eyelids before blinking rapidly. There cables hadn't been touched for quite some time. Turning back to the underside of the monitor, she began switching the wires again. Klaire's back ached from lying on the floor,but her job wasn't complete yet. Life was dull. Life was dreary. Dull job, single girl. But she loved it. Her job was her passion, and the warmth that ran through these cables gave her hope and happiness and she smiled to herself.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed May 25, 2011 12:38 pm

Murdoch lets out an 'ugh' sound as he bends down to search for his weapons. Luckily, they're still attached to the wall where he strapped them, and he swiftly grabs the rifle, the pistol and the sword, strapping them to various parts of his body; the sword at his left hip, the pistol at his right hip and the rifle folded up on his back. Standing back up, he checks his body armour- although thin and light, it is made of a carbon fibre material that is relatively bullet-resistant, and looks quite a bit like scaled mail. Everything appears to be in order, everything in the right place, so he puts his helmet on and lowers the visor on it so he can see naturally.

Moving towards the back of the ship, he punches a button on the side of the wall. With a hiss and a whine, the door mechanism creaks and groans in protest, before slowly lowering the door until it turns into a ramp, leading down from the new gap in the back. He walks down the ramp and moves round to the side of the ship, surveying the damage; on the outside, it doesn't look so bad. Some scratches, maybe a torn plate here and there, and the wings are bent at odd angles, but besides that everything looks good...save for some black marks, of course.

"You know," he says, sighing, "I really feel sorry for those technicians."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Aki punched the Plexiglas panel that his controls were projected onto, that was another thing he didn't like about the Z-256, the controls were not the up to date hologragraphics. He sighed loudly and retracted his chair for the ready position, he had just been given the order to abort his launch, full strike action was taking place at the contractors headquarters and they had cancelled all outgoing flights to their farms.

Pulling off his flight helmet and carrying it by the chin strap, Aki walked out of the Z-256 and down the metal entrance ramp. A muffled boom reached his ears, to him it sounded like a sonic boom. He turned and looked skyward raising his left hand to shield his eyes from the glare of the binary star. A black line was appearing across the sky, it was thin, obviously at a great distance. "A meteor?" he thought to himself as he the line streak across the sky.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Wed May 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Jordan decided to play along with his comment.

" That's about, what? The third time technicians have tried to kill us?" he looked down at his wrist-sword.

"I think it's about time I return the favor" he said this in a way you couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

Jordan scanned the area, his motion tracker showed no movement.

"It seems clear... Let's find a good place to survey the surroundings"
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed May 25, 2011 4:09 pm

Murdoch shakes his head, smiling ruefully as he looks at the surrounding area; they've managed to crash land in a relatively large clearing, ringed by trees. A small path runs through- or at least used to run through- the area, entering from the south and exiting to the north. Bringing his arm up, he flicks the wrist-pad open, and a small holographic touchscreen flickers into life above it. He looks at the readings; they've crashed landed just under half a mile from the colony; people will probably have felt, if not seen, the crash, and if people aren't investigating it now, they soon will be. He hopes that Tarya has calmed down enough not to shoot them on sight to vent. She won't, of course, but it's something she might consider if one of the colonists annoyed her sufficiently.

He slides his finger across the screen and reads the new display. A beeping noise comes from it, and he turns towards the southern exit of the clearing. "This way," he says, closing the PWC- personal wrist computer- as he starts walking.

"Thing is, Jordan," he says, "I don't feel sorry for them because we're going to go after them...I feel sorry for them because they've upset Tarya. Last time I got her angry enough to lash out, I ended up in the medical bay for two days with three broken ribs...thank the Gods for bone-knitting medical stations is all I can say." And that wasn't even that much; all he did was spill some coffee on her terminal. Needless to say, he has never, ever brought her a drink whilst she's working again. It isn't the best idea. These technicians have effectively crashed the ship for not the first or even the second but the third time. That does not bode well for them.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed May 25, 2011 4:16 pm

I was lost in my books as I heard the sharp ding of the doorbell. I didn't look up as I heard shuffling.

"Welcome, Pick out what you'd like. If you need an order I can place it for you"

Loud feet sounded until I saw a little girl at the counter.

"Miss...Mommy wants a book on U-univer-s-sal Life forms of the Galaxy."

She stumbled with some of her words and her height told me she was barley even six or seven yet. I gave a giggle, and a smile as I walked around the counter.

"And what does she need it for, may I ask?" I was making simple conversation as I walked to one of the newly-stocked shelves, pulling a few books from them.I searched through them, putting some of the larger ones as well as te smaller one's back.

I hummed quietly, 'Intelegent Life in the Galaxy' I turned around to the girl that was waiting patiently, a large grin on her lips.

"We just saw something fall from the sky! It was small and black and mom thinks it may be something new. Mommy thinks that alot though...She's usually wrong..." Her voice dropped as she spoke, but I smiled, returning to behind the desk.

I nodded, looking around a moment before looking to the girl that could barely reach the counter. I looked to her a moment as I bagged the book, passing it over as she passed over the money. She giggled, nodding, and with a simple, "Thank you, Miss" She was gone again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:05 am