Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Brandon
Burn It
Danny
Murdoch
8 posters

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 3 Empty First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Murdoch Sat May 21, 2011 3:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok, I said I was going to post this, and I will. I expect people to join, as many people expressed an interest.

Alright. I will keep this simple. It is the year 5052AD, and mankind has long since extended its reach to the stars and outside its solar system. It has encountered many new sentient races, some hostile, some friendly and some who are just trying to get by. The governments of mankind have banded together under one banner, the "true" UNEM; United Nations of Earth and Mankind. It sits on the grand galactic council alongside representatives from every other race in the galaxy, and ostensibly have Human-kinds best interests at heart. However, politics corrupt everything, and every member in the council has their own agenda, even within the parties. The miniature councils that run the solar systems are just as corrupt, allowing bandits and slavers to operate in many of the outlying systems where the UEP- the Universal Enforcers Patrol- have a very weak presence. Whether this is due to lethargy or corruption on the councillors part depends on the system. There are many different groups outside the councils, be they mercenary groups, terrorist groups, bandits or just wealthy, independent businessmen.

Of course, what do we care about this? You are all simple creatures- humans and aliens alike- who live a simple life, living in a colony on the planet Liberty, located in the Terminus System in the far reaches of the galaxy. News from the rest of the galaxy doesn't reach you, and your biggest worries include the occasional bandit raid or whether next years harvest goes rotten. Humans and aliens alike live together, side by side, reacting to each other based solely on personal virtues rather than racial stereotypes. You are all stuck here, after all, and you grew up here; most of your families have lived here since the colony was founded, or close to it. Liberty is an earth-like planet, albeit with different wildlife and a slightly higher climate, and completely isolated, more or less.
    That is, until a ship from an unknown organisation- it could be military, it could be something else- drops out of hyperspace above the planet, and sends down six soldiers of mixed race in a dropship that lands just outside of the colony limits, near the outlying farms. They have heard rumours of a massive attack being planned by an unknown force, and they have been sent to find out why and to hopefully stop it. What in Gods name is about to happen to the peaceful planet of Liberty?

Ok, now most of you will be farmers or shopkeepers or working in personal security...generally an ordinary person leading an ordinary life. Myself and someone else will be playing the military personnel in charge of the other four who were sent down, and sorry guys, but that role has been reserved. This is simply to keep the story moving.
    You can be human or alien, and I will not give you a list of aliens. It will be up to you to invent them yourselves...just PM me with your ideas and I will review them to see if they are viable to include. Alright?
    If you wish to be one of the four soldiers, you may, but I do not want everyone choosing a soldier, and if you choose to be a "grunt" you will be wearing a red shirt. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedShirt

We start just as the dropship is finding a place to land.

Roles:

Civilians:
    -Danny, farmer, Crystalline
    -Faith, Book Shop owner, Human

Soldiers:
    -Murdoch, Scout Leader, Human
    -Jordan [Eljordo], Human

Other:
    -Brandon (Dragon...symbiote...thing...)

Last edited by Murdoch on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 3 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Danny Wed May 25, 2011 6:15 pm

The crash of what seemed to be a ship slowed, if not completely stopped the harvest. Whispers whipped through the group like wild fire, including wild fire. A crash like that hasn't happened like this for years, at least not in Danny's time. A few people wanted to go check it out, but no one really volunteered. After a while, Danny came round his house with one of his horses. Imported from earth with the humans.

"I'll go check it out. If it's something dangerous, I'll communicate back," Danny said, tossing what seemed to be a watch (but was a communicator) to his father. "Keep watch of the farm please," he asked, swinging up to his horse. "I'm sure it won't take long," he said as he rode off towards the crash site.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 3 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Burn It Thu May 26, 2011 2:54 pm

I was half asleep in the grass, when I could faintly smell the odor of smoke in the wind. It wasn’t the usual wood burning smell you could detect from a fireplace or a chimney, or anywhere it town. It smelt.. Black, thick, and heavy. The light was blinding when I opened my eyes, to take a look around me. After rubbing at them violently, standing up and not seeing anything out of the ordinary, I figured it has to be somewhere farther off.

Machinery? Maybe? It would be unlikely, but I couldn’t think of anything I knew to have that type of stench coming from it. Smoke and machinery though.. Really only mean one thing, and with it obviously being farther off.. It would have to be a big one for the smell to get all the way here and still be that thick. “I guess I should.. Go look?” Talking to myself, always fun. From where the wind was traveling from, I had a good idea of where whatever it was might be. Fortunately, there was a path a bit back that leads in that direction so I wouldn’t be stomping through the fields and wet areas. I made my way there quickly, got on the path and started walking. Maybe running would be better if there was anyone hurt, but it was my day off – No one’s worth my rush right now.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Thu May 26, 2011 3:46 pm

"Let's go Mur" Jordan said.

"Were too close to the main colony, people are no doubt on their way here to check it out. We need to go before they interfere" he added

Jordan began moving towards the trees, those Gould be their best bet if they didnt want to get spotted.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Thu May 26, 2011 4:12 pm

He follows Jordan towards the trees, fingering his pistol. He probably won't need it, but then again, he doesn't want to take that risk. At the very least, if the colonists get aggressive, the weapons should give them pause.

"We can't help them getting involved; they were going to do it anyway. Remember what our mission here is, Jordan," he warns; Jordan is talking as if the colonists are an obstacle to be either hurdled or taken down, "We're here to make sure these colonists stay safe. So no violence unless we absolutely have to." He gestures towards the road. "We have to make it clear that we're not here to cause mischief. Skulking around in the forest and hiding out just outside the colony sends the wrong impression, and we risk sparking some kind of witch hunt." Colonists on remote worlds are always wary of outsiders; anyone they don't know could be a threat, and out here, threats are taken very seriously. "If we walk down the road, brazen as you please, then we're obviously either extremely confident, very stupid or- more likely- genuine victims of a crash, who happen to be going around looking for help from the colony. Which, in a way, we are. Do you really think we can repair the damage without some parts?" He shakes his head. "No, we go down the road. As you said, people would be coming down the road to investigate, and what better way to stop them inspecting the ship and our team than heading them off on the road?"

He turns on his heel and moves towards the road, gesturing for Jordan to follow him. Although they get on well enough, sometimes they can get a little up-in-arms over the little things. It's just something about Jordan that automatically assumes that everyone not in the team is an enemy...not that different to the colonists, really. Don't get him wrong, it's saved the team quite a few times, but it can get wearing. "Oh, Jordan..." He turns back to look at him. "Don't call me Mur again. You know I hate it," well, except if Tarya is saying it. She can call him whatever she wants...and only about 50% because she scares him.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu May 26, 2011 4:58 pm

I was curious, had anyone else seen such a thing. I hadn't seen anyone new in the colony since I was born. I shook my head, taking in a deep breath. I picked up the boxes which I had carried in only about an hour ago, a smile on my lips. I shook my head as I walked to the door. Opening it, I walked to the street, looking around a moment.

There were too groups of poeple it seemed. A small one that had made themselves closer to my shop than the others. Their whispers seemed to speak of something falling to the sky. The others, however seemed to be spread out, going about their buisness as if nothing had happened. Perhaps they hadn't seen it?

I shook my head, walking toward the group, a small smile on my lips.

"Faith!" Someone called me. I looked at the group as they all met me in stride.

"Did you see it? It fell from the sky! "

"Wait...What did? Have you talked to Colony Security about it?" I was quizzical as I looked them over, and they shuffled, silent. Apparently they hadn't thought to do such a thing. I shook my head, laughing.

"Go search for it then...Or you can come in the shop...I'll set on the kettle?" I looked them over.

"Only 1.50" I spoke, a smirk on my lips as I turned, starting toward my shop. It was easy to get them to come in. Some would by books and newspapers that had been delivered soon after the books were.

There was shuffling behind me, and I knew I got them to follow. Money...It's what I needed. Even if they all thought I was sweet, I could still take their money and nothing would be thought of it.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Thu May 26, 2011 5:12 pm

"Roger that Murdoch" he replied. Jordan somewhat intended to poke at him by calling him Mur, he knew he despised the name.

Jordan began to follow Murdoch, he didn't like this. Jordan doesn't trust people he doesnt know, especially people from a planet he's never even been to. Jordan always thought Murdoch trusted people too easily, but for the record he hasn't led them astray yet. Jordan thought...

"With all due respect sir, we don't know what these people are like. They could turn violent at the sight of soldiers... But it's up to you, I will help complete the mission whatever you decide to do"
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu May 26, 2011 5:19 pm

The sound of the galloping horse was louder than expected, or perhaps it was just the excitement that Danny was feeling. The adrenaline. After passing through one of the paths between the crops, Danny burst into the forest to head to the crash. The smell of smoke was getting stronger, and it made Danny wince. The smell wasn't something he was use too.

Behind him, Danny was sure others were slowly making their way towards the crash site. It was extremely improbably for Danny to be the only one making his way to the site. So he did expect others to arrive shortly.

As he got closer to the crash, with the smoke continuing to get stronger, Danny noticed that all wild life had fled the area to make way for the crash. Along with that, a few tress had fallen down with the crash. Either from the force of the crash, or the ship itself.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu May 26, 2011 5:48 pm

Murdoch looks back at Jordan as they begin to make their way down the road. "If they turn violent at the sight of soldiers, then there's nothing we can do; hiding in bushes wouldn't have served us any better. Eventually, we would have been spotted. After all, these people know the terrain better. Trying to hide from them here would be like trying to hide from a bear in its own cave."

He shrugs. "The best thing to do is take our chances. Worst comes to worst, we'll fight our way out. I'm sure it won't come to that, though..." he trails off as he catches something. It's faint, but it's there; a faint sound, carried by the faint breeze to his helmets sensors; they are far more powerful than his human ones, and they help give him and all of his squad a fair warning of anything amiss. He holds up his right hand as a signal to stop, his left drifting towards his pistol at his right hip. Although he's right handed, he always shoots with his left; he's accurate with both hands, but he prefers to keep his best hand free in case anything should arise...it also allows him to grab his blade if he so wishes at a moments notice.

"There's someone coming," he says, listening intently. "From the sounds of it, it's someone on some kind of animal...and they're going at a fair clip..." He takes up position in the centre of the road; they're a fair distance away from the crash- the crash wouldn't be visible unless you turned a couple more corners in the road; the road curves and bends more than Murdoch initially believed- but he has to stop him getting there. He doesn't want their exact numbers being known until he can determine the attitude of these people. Although he is unwilling to believe ill of them, he isn't stupid.

Soon enough, he sees a horse come round the far bend, and on top what looks to be a human...of course, you never can tell with alien races. He switches on the loudspeaker on his helmet so he can more easily be heard over the horses noise as the horse and rider ride closer. "Hold there, friend," he says, holding his right hand up. His left hand is still hovering near his gun, though, just in case.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu May 26, 2011 6:31 pm

Danny continues at a steady pace, his horse darting along the forest trail. Through the trees he thinks he sees a large object. Though with many tress in the way until the end of the path, its hard to tell. Of course, the smoke is much stronger, so Danny assumed it was the ship.

He was about to continue to his discovery when a loud voice stopped him. Well his horse technically. It stopped with sudden force (being spooked) which almost knocked Danny off. Recovering, Danny jumps off his horse (still holding the reins) to exert control over the horse. Within moments, the horse is standing calmly again.

Turning around, Danny saw two male soldiers standing not to far off between some tree. He chuckled. "Hold there? Where I'm from, we just say hi!" With the joke, Danny walked closer, moving a hand behind his back to adjust his machete which had started poking at Danny with the horse's sudden stop.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Thu May 26, 2011 6:57 pm

Jordan looked at the approaching man with distrust. He seemed friendly at first, but looks tended to be misleading. He was ready with his wrist gun in case he tried anything funny.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu May 26, 2011 7:50 pm

A rush of air, the buzz of such a crash made them all giddery. I smirked quietly, filling the kettle with filtered water, putting it on the counter to heat.

"It was another species! I've never seen a ship like that" One of the younger said, acting as if he was the only one to see it.

"People, Calm down. Security will be looking for whatever it is...Hopefully" The words gracd my lips as I brought a small cup of water, a newspaper, and a small sugar cookie to a small girl, as requested by her mother.

I place the ticket by the mother, giving a nod as the kettle began to ring with light classical music from Aloid, a small planet three systems away.

"Now, I'll have your coffee and tea out in a bit." There was no reason to worry as the many lined up with papers, books, and beverages to buy from me. Today was the kind day that made getting up early so rewarding.

I poured the first cup, lining them up on a tray to take to the many people staying discuss something that was probably in their imagination.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Thu May 26, 2011 10:17 pm

"Thanks Boss." I said simply after he handed me my paycheck. I tossed my bag over my left shoulder and walked out. I noticed everyone looking in one direction, but the humans here tended to be odd. So I paid them no mind. I kinda just wanted to go read my newspaper.

I walked into Faith's shop and rang the bell. I smirked slightly as I saw her talking to a mother and her child. Both human. I waited patiently in line behind them.

Last edited by Brandonius Maximus on Fri May 27, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri May 27, 2011 3:54 am

ooc: Sorry, I thought I had, Aki...reply to the RP properly, BTW! XD

Ic:

Murdoch watches as the man dismounts and calms the horse, watching closely for any sign of deceit; just because he looks for a diplomatic solution before violence, it doesn't mean that he's an idiot. Any sign of foul play, and he will open fire.
    The man starts moving closer, all smiles and jokes, but Murdoch would have to be an idiot not to notice his hand behind his back, probably grasping a hidden weapon if the way he's walking is any indication; he's probably trying to either make it obvious so they don't take him for defenceless, or getting the weapon in case something happens. Probably a mix of both.

"That's close enough, friend," he says, pointing; he doesn't want him close enough to get a good shot. It's a bit of a gamble- his pistol has to be in range- but he doubts this farmer has a good gun on him. "And I want your hands where I can see them. Not that I don't trust you...well, it is that I don't trust you. We've had some bad..." he glances over his shoulder quickly at the plume of smoke rising from the trees behind him, "...landings before."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 10:26 am

Aki was no longer interested in the black streak when it disappeared behind the horizon, whehter it was a ship or a meteorite he would hear about it tomorrow on the CNF (Colony News Feed).

He Wandered through the empty Pilots quarters. Aki was one of the last pilots on Liberty, he liked the easy life, the shipment of chemicals and goods to the outlying farms, as well as the personnel. He had dreams of leaving, of joining the military and having an action filled life but he knew he would, grow up, get married and die on Liberty still flying the same out-dated ships.

He pushed open the doors to his rooms, it wasn't much but it was as good as home. As he stepped in he glanced over at his desk and terminal. He did a double take, there was a pair of legs, clad in black cargo pants sticking out from under it.
    "Oi!" He said loudly, hoping to startle the intruder "What the 'hell' are you doing in my room!".
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Fri May 27, 2011 12:17 pm

I looked up as the many people conversed.

"What'll it be today, Kaynik, the usual?" I looked him over once, a small grin on my lips. Not many people usually came in the shop for more than just a newspaper and coffee, but sometimes I was lucky to have such a reaction from eventa around the colony.

I nodded, looking around a moment before pulling the screaming kettle from where it had been singing before, and pouring more into the porcelain cups that I had set out for coffee, tea, and other various drinks.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Fri May 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Ooc: Aki, is that to me?
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Fri May 27, 2011 12:38 pm

Danny stops and notices the gun. He raises an eyebrow. "Friend? A gun isn't very friendly, but hey, I suppose you did just have a crash," I stated to him. He waited for a moment, but sighed when the gun nor the men didn't move. Pulling his hands from behind his back, he draws the machete and raises his hands.

He keeps it there for a moment, watching the men, before dropping it on the floor. "I was adjusting it, for when you scarred my horse," Danny said before being questioned. "I'm a farmer, and I use it to chop open the fire fruit (ooc - similar to coconuts, but instead of being brown on the outside, they are a bright red)."

"I'm Danny by the way. Are any of you guys hurt? I'm sure the local doctors could help you guys."
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Fri May 27, 2011 12:57 pm

When the man drew the machete, Jordan instantly raised his machine gun at him. They needed to keep on their toes, who knows what these people are capable of. After he explained that he was a farmer, and the machete is for fire fruit, Jordan slowly lowered his weapon.

"were not hurt.. Listen to me, if you have any other form of weaponry on you I suggest you place them on the ground. Slowly."
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Fri May 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Danny looked down at the mud below and laughed. They seemed scared, or at least rattled, and who could blame them? They had just survived a crash. But, he wasn't just going to lay dow, and he did appear human.

"So, you don't need medical help... then I'm assuming that you need some sort of tech help. 'Fraid I can't help you out there, but I can show you to the colony. With a crash like that, they'll be here anyway," Danny pointed out.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Fri May 27, 2011 1:14 pm

Jordan didn't trust him, but then again he doesn't look too harmful. He turns to Murdoch.

"We do need parts, what do you think sir?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 2:45 pm

ooc: Yes Jade it is, who else has cargo panted legs ands is fiddling with wires Razz
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri May 27, 2011 3:19 pm

Murdoch- who had stayed silent during the exchange, despite his better judgement; although he disagrees with Jordan, he shouldn't undermine him or show inner conflict in front of strangers- nods, but under his breath he says in an aside to Jordan, "What do I think? I think you need to calm down. What is he going to do with that thing from here, throw it at us?" He asks in a sarcastic whisper, then raises his voice. "You'll have to forgive my friend here. He isn't one to trust easily. If you could show us the way to the colony, we would be most grateful...we do need parts." The ship can't send them down; they only have the one shuttle, although he isn't about to let that weakness or lack of reinforcements become known.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Fri May 27, 2011 3:30 pm

"Ah now worries," Danny smiles, kneeling down to pick up his machete. "Though your crash did put a set back of things. Our Annual Colony Festival is coming up in a couple weeks, but I suppose we're just going to have to work extra hard," Danny informs then before walking back to his horse.

Danny watched them before moving back to his horse and gabbing it's rein's. "My farm's just up a head, and a lot of the older males are helping out with the harvest. I'm sure one of them is a technician," Danny continued to talk as he lead both the men and his horse back towards his farm. "And what brings you guys to this part of the galaxy?"
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri May 27, 2011 3:59 pm

ooc: Guys, just to make absolutely clear, since there appears to be....some confusion in your posts. Whilst slightly isolated, this *is* a futuristic RP. So...yeah. Just to make clear.

Ic:

Murdoch shoots a glance at Jordan, then moves to follow the man. "A mission," he says simply. He isn't about to alarm anyone, and their mission is strictly need-to-know. Once they've established whether they can be trusted or not, he'll tell the colonists what's going on. "Routine scouting mission," he says; not strictly a lie, after all, "Nothing to be alarmed about. Our shuttle just wasn't repaired properly...again..."
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Fri May 27, 2011 4:24 pm

ooc - I think you guys should be at the farm, either to see what was going on, or to help for the harvest, or both! Anything, just so we can all meet up!

bic - "Again?" Danny looks at the two men. "Not very effecting then," Danny half heartedly laughs at them. "But hey! I haven't even been in one of those bloody shops. I'm good here on Liberty," Danny turned to smile at them. "And I didn't catch your names..." Danny trailed off, continuing to lead them forward. They weren't far from the farm now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:34 am