Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

4 posters

White Fang: Semi-Realistic Wolf Pack

Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

White Fang: Semi-Realistic Wolf Pack - Page 3 Empty White Fang: Semi-Realistic Wolf Pack

Post by Jade Hawk Tue May 31, 2011 3:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

White Fang
    The Lone Lands stretched across the map, a desert of barron wasteland. Few could survive in the heat for too long, and food was scarce in this region. Various oasis lay in pools dotted around the Lone Lands where the travelling could drink their fill. Many lay around the edge of the desert where the tree line began to provide shelter. Vegetation grew in masses here, and prey resided in burrows. The wanderers made dens in these trees, safe from the harsh winds and the scorching desert heat, where they could feed off the rodents, deer, or boar, using the oasis locations as their markers. Many didn't stay here long, and the lost had little chance to find home.

Further into the forest, a packland spread. The trees were shelter, with a river meandering through the land. A clearing was strewn with bones and twigs; the leftovers from a feast or the playthings of whelps. Dens were dug around this clearing; home to the pack. Guardians prowled the edges of the packland watching for intruders, leading them to the Alphas, or else reporting news of what lay beyond in the Lone Lands. Hunters rand through the trees in groups, scanning the wasteland and ambushing the oasis regions for prey. The thrill was in the chase, the reward was in the capture. Whelps yipped and played, chasing their tails or gnawing on sticks. These pups would grow into fine wolves, protecting and maintaining the land, gathering food or medical plant-life. The Alpha's took charge of the pack, watching over the betas and leading the way of the wolf. No man knew of this world.

Before this paradise would come about, one lone wolf wandered the area. She was alone in her treck, but others were soon to follow.

--------

Her paws padded the soft ground as she walked in a direction that lead to an unknown destination. Kiaki's fur shivered in the breeze, chills of anticipation danced along her spine, and her head was bowed as she walked. The land was bare and resources scarce. Her stomach gave an unpleasant growl and longed for food, but as Kiaki twisted her head to look around, there was not much to sustain her. However, this didn't bother her too much, as she had grown used to the independent life. After her mother's death and her father's disappearance, she was forced to tread outside of her boundaries and venture into the unknown. The horizon never neared, so this land was not a form of abyss, but Kiaki was yet to cross paths with another animal of her nature. Small ferrets and hare waited in the shadows, and the occasional screech of a hunting bird could be heard from overhead. Fear failed to penetrate her, yet her lonliness forever grew.

A forest stood just yards ahead and Kiaki approached it, lifting her front paw to scratch at the alpine bark of the nearest tree. Flakes of debris shredded from the trunk as her claws did harm. Kiaki dug around the roots, kicking up dirt and moss from behind her, hoping to find some source of food. It had been too long since she had passed by an elk or moose, and hunting alone proved to be near impossible. Her tongue was dry from her panting and her teeth grew numb in the dry air. She whimpered for the first time in days, a light squeak issued from her dry lips. Her tongue reached up to wet her nose and felt pain as it cracked from her touch. She needed to find food, and fast. But appart from nourishment, she longed to find company.

Her ears twitched at the sound of a a light hum. It seemed to differ from the surrounding winds. Kiaki trotted forwards towards the source of the noise, and as she neared, the sound became more distinctive. Rushing water. The sound hit her auds and they twitched, trying to locate the direction of the water. Excitement filled her, for soon she would feel the cool rush of liquid quenching her thirst, and where there was water, there were probably rodents or other canids nearby. Kiaki began to run, and soon she came across a stream filled with rocks and floating moss. Glacial water danced along, meandering as it went and creating white foam as it splashed against the smooth surface of the stones and boulders. Kiaki lowered her muzzle to the icy liquid and drank greedily, lapping up the water and allowing it to splash on her face, the water droplets stuck to her fur and she shook them off.

Once she had had her fill, Kiaki looked around. This place seemed cozy and could deem a good shelter. She was still brutally hungry, but her hunt would have to wait until later. Shelter form the chilly winds was compulsory. A bat flew overhead and Kiaki's eyes followed it greedily. Hunting would have to wait until later. Laying her scent on the nearby trees, she marked the region as her own territory and began to create a small den, just wide enough to fit her curled body as she slept. Tomorrow was a new day, and tomorrow, she would feast.

---------

If you managed to read all that, kudos to you! It lays out what the lands are like and what the pack does. Kiaki's story is pretty much my first post. For information and rules of this roleplay, please see the first post.

This is the pack (I'll add characters as they come. You can have up to 3 characters if you think you can handle it.)

Alphas:
    Alpha Female: Kiaki (Jade)
    Alpha Male: Akamaru (Aki)
    Betas:
    Beta Male: Ranger (Brandon)
    Beta Female:
    Deltas:
    Guardians:
    Hunters: (All wolves have a basic knowledge of hunting and tracking)
    Medics: (All wolves have a basic medical knowledge)
    Omegas:
    Omega Wolf:
    Whelps (pups):
    Lone Wolves:
    Friend: Fenris (Murdoch)
    Enemy:

Any more questions, ask me ^.^ Despite all of the information, you should have a lot of freedom in this roleplay. It's one of the only ones you can have more than one character, your character can act as he/she likes (as long as it sticks to the rules), and your character can have any personality or appearance (please be realistic) you wish. The only plot as of now will be to get this pack started. If the role-play survives, I'll introduce a new one later. You don't have to start off with all your characters in the beginning. Introduce them (with bio) as time goes on, just remember to not abandon any.

Last edited by Jade Hawk on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:47 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

White Fang: Semi-Realistic Wolf Pack - Page 3 Empty Re: White Fang: Semi-Realistic Wolf Pack

Post by Brandon Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:51 pm

I slowly padded my way out of the brush. Remaining close to the treeline. My stance remained the same as I looked off to the female's right a bit. Not making eye contact. I was close enough to the edge that, if need be, I could turn and run. I am more on the speedy side than strength. So I should have a good chance of escaping them. Again. If needed. The male seemed to be more on edge though. Interesting. I bared my fangs slightly, showing them both that I am not a complete weakling and won't just give into their whims. I still have my independence as a Lone Wolf right now.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

White Fang: Semi-Realistic Wolf Pack - Page 3 Empty Re: White Fang: Semi-Realistic Wolf Pack

Post by Jade Hawk Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:02 am

Kiaki smiled slightly. This wolf was defensive, without being too so. He also appeared strong in both his muscles, and by his stance, his independence. If he were to stay, she'd need to work on his strength slightly, transferring it to protect the group, rather than the single wolf. "What are your intentions here?" she spoke to the newcomer. If companionship from others, her newfound pack was growing at quite the satisfactory rate.

The slight scent of a third bru hit her nares and her ears twitched for any sounds. Her head stationery, she darted her eyes around the edge of the small clearing, hoping they would lay of the source of her interruptive thoughts. She liked to trust her own senses and judgement, and rarely wanted to admit she was imagining such disturbances, yet she was still unsure as to whether this new scent was indeed a third bru, or simply a change of one of the other two. She decided to dismiss this thought at the present time while she dealt with the newest stranger, but did not abandon the curiosity and alertness that had hit her so suddenly.

From beside her, Akamaru seemed more ridged and his stance stronger at the sight of Ranger. This was good if he were to be her protector, and balanced out her own approach to the situation nicely. Not only did this bru have potential, he was showing his strengths well. She only hoped that Ranger could show a similar desire to join her, without being too submissive. Kikai didn't see the point of omegas, but they were a necessity at times within a pack, and someone had to take that rank. She just hoped it was neither of the males that stood before her.

[Ooc: Aki, it's spelled dame, and dame usually means mother. Not always... but usually.]
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:50 am

The wolves are having a standoff. Interesting. It appears that none of them have a pack, and the female is attempting to create one...a smart move, given their youth. They are relatively young, and probably need a few packmates around them when they hunt. Safety in numbers and all that; although, numbers didn't help him much, did they? Numbers didn't protect against his packs untimely demise...and he personally has never felt at home in a pack since. Possibly because of his size and general unapproachability, but also because none of the other packs have felt a connection with him. He is interested in watching this packs progress, though, and the female at least appears to be weighing up the options carefully. Good for her; she thinks things through, rather than go on impulse.

He freezes again as the female appears to catch wind of something- him, probably- and looks around the clearing suspiciously. The breeze didn't shift much, but just enough to carry a whiff of him over there. She appears to dismiss it, but he knows it will be playing on her mind; as stealthy as he is, he can't disguise his scent right now without making a lot of noise, and that would defeat the point. He really should leave, but if he moves, he risks alerting them, and then he'll have the fledgling pack on his haunches for a long time, and he'd hate to have to kill them. No...for better or worse, he has to stay here until they leave...or they discover him.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:01 pm

I let out a soft growl of disappointment. Now I just wished this conversation would end so I could go back to relaxing at my "den". I was becoming bored since nothing interesting was actually happening. My eyes began drifting more now, surveying the surroundings before finally answering. "I was near by. Laying out in the prarie to the....east. Of here. I caught the scent of you two." I nodded towards them both as my eyes returned to meet the females. They weren't as stern or protective as they were at the start. Now softer, more like I was telling her a dull story. "So, I left my spot to come investigate. That is all." I broke the gaze with her to glance at the male shortly before my eyes cut to the left. My body tensed up a bit and my eyes closed as I took in a deep breath. My eyes opened quickly as I began to take even steps in the northern direction.

Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:19 am

Kiaki smiled slightly with her eyes alone. They followed the movements of the newcomer, who seemed innocent enough, but one could never let their guard down. "I have no disagreements with curiosity." She turned her head towards Akamaru before looking back at Ranger. "But what I do frown upon is a lack of notification to your appearance here before I see you." Her eyes narrowed. "However, you are welcome here, and if there is anything you require assistance with, I shall do my duty to assist, however I cannot supply you with goods." Kiaki gestured towards the trees that had sheltered her the previous night. "There is space for a den, if you so choose, but that requires your introduction into this pack, which I shall leave between yourself and Akamaru. As for food and healing, we have none as of yet, but a hunt is soon to start and if you seek sustenance, you can join us, or find it elsewhere alone."

Her ears twitched, as did her nares. The wind was changing in strange ways as Ranger began to walk. It hadn't changed direction, as such, but carried new scents of something that, Kiaki realized, wasn't new to the surrounding area. It may be the third brute that she sensed before. She turned to Akamaru and whispered, "Do you sense a fourth being?" She wasn't sure, but knew it was wise to take no chances.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:36 am

I heard Kiaki speak. I wasn't sure of who it was directed to, but I answered anyway. Considering I was the one to actually openly react to it. "It's not a forth I'm smelling...but food!" I said, with a rising sense of happiness. I picked up my pace and headed towards the scent. Into the woods (lets say 15 feet to your right Mur).

I began picking up more of the similar scent. A herd of Caribu it seemed. I stopped before the small clearing. I knew I had created much noise, but not as much as most other wolves. I was pretty light on my feet. A good attribute I have aquired. I crouched and waited for my potential prey to settle as I watched them. Waiting. Searching for the perfect one to take.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:20 am

That's it; the other wolves have detected his presence...should he slink away now, or declare himself? Slinking away would almost certainly get them on his tail, as it would seem highly suspicious, running after being caught eavesdropping. However, there are three of them, and of good size; whilst not as big as he is, they could easily cause him a lot of trouble if they decided to attack as a pack. They are new together, so he could use that disharmony to his advantage, but it would only work if he was sensible.
    But it looks like that male is coming towards him on his own...if he creeps into the forest and Fenris sees him first, he could easily incapacitate the younger male before moving on. Lure them each out one by one...or, at least, take out the other male before dealing with the female. On her own, she shouldn't be much trouble.

He pauses. The angle that male is taking is not towards him...rather, it's to the right of him. He looks behind him, and would have let out a bark of a chuckle, had he been the kind to chuckle. A herd of prey is making their way through the forest, and it is towards them that the male heads. Whilst he has no doubt that the female is searching for Fenris, this young pups scent should confuse them long enough for him to move to a position that's more downwind of them. As the pup comes crashing into the trees- well, crashing by Fenris's standards- he slinks off in the other direction, skirting the edge of the clearing. He takes it slow, his white body somehow blending into the surroundings easily, his feet making almost no noise whatsoever despite his large frame. He isn't called "Ghost" for nothing, after all. All the while, he watches all three of the wolves carefully, watching for any indication of them detecting him.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:11 pm

"You would be a fool to play predator alone. You are not a coyote." Kiaki spoke. She was hungry, and a hunt would need to start soon. She wondered why such prey would settle so close to where a minimum of three wolves were gathered. Three hungry wolves. It was time to take charge.

"If the stranger will not announce his presence, then he would be sure to leave. If not, then he shall wait." Kiaki didn't know if another male actually stood watching them, but taking her chances, she wasn't going to shun one that could deem useful in a hunt. "Seeing as Ranger is so keen, he and Akamaru can choose the most lame of the herd and drive it out. Do not lose sight of it; I don't want you changing targets in the midst of a run." She knew the lame would be easiest and safer for a new pack. Canids always aimed for the sick and injured in any pack. She turned to Akamaru, raising her eyebrows as though asking if her plan so far was acceptable. "Once the single..." She sniffed the air, raising her nares to the sky. "Caribou, I believe it is, has separated from its herd, continue to chase it down. When the stranger brute sees me run, he and I will ambush it. If he succeeds, he may join us for dinner."

She glared towards a clump of dense shrubbery where her potential imaginary male stood. "I am not a canibal, but it may be safer for him to leave if he lacks in skill, for a cowardly flight is better than BEING dinner." This wasn't necessarily a threat, but an invitation for, not only the maybe-stranger, but the others to prove themselves and show her the skills that they possessed. The males seemed large, and she hoped the wolf that she could not see was great in size also. Muscle was important. She could not take down large prey alone, but her legs were speedy and she could outrun the average canid without problems.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:16 am

The female glares at a clump of bushes immediately to Fenris's right. He was there a few moments ago, but the fact that she glared there suggests that she doesn't know his precise location...she thinks he's out there, but she isn't sure, and she's using educated guesses to try and scare him. Her powers of detection are admirable, but let's be honest; had the wind not changed, she would be none the wiser to his presence...and even now, she isn't sure. Even now, she is doubting whether he is there or not...she thinks he is, but cannot find any evidence besides a faint scent and a suspicion that he is. Again, that's why he's called 'Ghost'.
    He debates whether to help them in their hunt...but he decides not to. It is their hunt, and he is not part of their pack. No need to let them think that he will be joining them. He is here by chance, no more, no less, and he has no wish to join a pack of arrogant, overconfident young pups. Oh, they may not be that much younger than him, but his experiences have aged him considerably more than a wolf should age in his lifetime. Those comments that the female is making? Trying to appeal to his pride, trying to get him to make a mistake? Won't work. He was young and prideful once, as all wolves are, but that was beaten out of him. Pride is the reason he is packless. Pride is the reason for his scars, on his eye, his cheek, his underbelly, his left foreleg...pride is the reason for many of his losses, and he will not fall for that again.

So let the female bark all she wants. Unless they actually physically find him- which, he admits, is more than possible given their numbers and relative locations; if they are smart, they could easily triangulate his position, but he doubts that it has occurred to them...it is a technique that takes some practice and it requires that you know your partners very, very well- he will not reveal himself unless he needs to. He continues his movement through the trees, making for the northernmost point of the clearing. He was headed north for the river anyway...the river enters that clearing and leaves it to the north...he can always grab a drink further up. Besides, if they do catch his trail, he can lose them in the river.

ooc: Just so you know, if you guys don't manage to find him in time, he will leave the area Very Happy This isn't 'me blagging until he reveals himself' XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:38 am