Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

5 posters

Hybridized...

Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Hybridized... - Page 5 Empty Hybridized...

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

It is the year 2035 and life as we know it, is over. From sources unknown a disease has ravaged not just humanity, but everything that lives. The virus spreads and mutates making it impossible to treat adequately.

The only people left alive are those that are untouched by the disease. They live in closed biospheres with a limited number of residents. A very real problem has presented itself: there is a shortage of resources that are still completely safe to consume.

People are clambering for an antidote to the virus's effects, but there has been no success had by the many doctors who have studied the pathogen. There is an entity that sticks out in the minds of the desperate...

They exist only on the covers of seedy magazines. Hazy photographs and "eye witness" accounts from former soldiers and doctors consigned to psych wards...They say there is another entity entirely at work in the wasteland...Their stories are dismissed as hearsay, but they say that they come from the stars and lay in waiting. The urban legend has spawned its own cult, which believes that this time is the rapture and that they are the angels who have come to save the devout..

There is no conclusive evidence of their existence, but there are rumors...One of the biospheres suddenly failed and its residents were exposed to the wasteland. Contact was lost with them, but there was a distress call...Rumors have gone around saying many things...Some say that the tabloid creatures caused it, others blame the military, others still claim that the disease has mutated. The people are no longer just dying. They are transforming into something monstrous...

People are afraid of leaving the biosphere, but with the atmosphere the way it is...people are being pushed out.

---
    If you have a question about any of the roles, contact me. If you want a role that would make you...privy to certain information, talk to me, and I'll give you some information on the players that I've left out...

Residents of an intact biosphere (has to be the same one; give me social status, and, no, you can't all be rich socialites, and at least one of you is should want to be in the military and in the press... Wink )-

Residents of the destroyed biosphere who know the truth and are still alive (PM me if you want this, and I'll give you the lowdown)-Engi, Jade,

???(???????????????????????????????????)- ????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hybridized being(a creature...that is human...sorta'...: PM me if you're curious, but...there can only be at most 2 of these including myself, and you won't have a role until well later...)-Mireya

Last edited by Mireya on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Hybridized... - Page 5 Empty Re: Hybridized...

Post by Engi Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:51 pm

"Then were going there." engi panted, pulling the exasted girl behind her. The creatures were catching up fast, and engi was slowing down. She glanced back to see more coming, different ages and genders, but all with that inhuman feel. "do not look back, no matter what!" She panted, her legs burning below her, struggling to continue.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:03 pm

I shook my head, and set down the clipboard, finally turning to him. “Well then, I’m very grateful? For whosever work has kept us alive, but I’m now traveling with someone with a bullshit name. So forgiven me if I do not seem to give a rat’s ass about them. But I now know even less.” I quickly checked the time on my watch, seeing that people would begin to arrive within the next 10 minutes. “If you think a Court Marshal is going to get me to ease off, you’re sadly mistaken. Now, my team will be here within the next 10 minutes, and when they are ready you are to give a short, breif introduction. REAL name, your job, that's it. They don't find out anything they don't need to.”
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:07 pm

ooc: lose 'em in hiding. ^_^

bic: "I never said that wasn't my name. The only obvious conjecture is that I do not show up on the military's registry. Does that mean, I do not exist," he questioned with a smirking tone.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:22 pm

"In my eyes, yes. Anyone living inside this dome is in that database. You, should have been, you weren't. See where Im going with this?" I snapped back, getting annoyed by his seemlingly satisfied tone.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

"'Living...inside this dome'...you have answered your own question, corporal," he said crossing his arms.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:46 pm

"I..." Shit. He doesn't live inside the God damn dome.. So that clears up one thing, his statement about experience buys out. But I still know nothing else about him. He was winning this, slowly, but he was winning..
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Capri could hear the beings getting closer as Engi and herself started slowing down, due to loss of breath. In moments, they'd entered the wasteland, feet pounding against the dead ground, a stale stench reaching Capri's nose.

There were crumbling buildings everywhere. Capri's pace was slowing as she quickly glanced for somewhere to go. She turned the corner losing sight of the beings, but they were very close behind. The nearest building wasn't too badly destroyed, but it was on it's way.
    "It'll have to do," she whispered, "Come on!" she yelled to Engi, running inside and frantically looking around for a place to hide.

Last edited by Capri on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:57 pm

He made a sound indicative of a scoffing grin and leaned against the vehicle.

"Now that that's in the air. Any more questions that you have the burning feeling that you need an answer to, or can we go? This is not social meeting, Corporal, and there may be survivors out there that are waiting to be found or to die." Behind the tinted goggles his obscured eyes narrowed.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:18 pm

I went to open my mouth to say something - God know's what, but qas cutt off by a door hitting a wall. "Not late are we?" Susan called out as all 4 sets of teams pilled into the room. I'd say a good 42 were present in the room, not including me or what's his face.

"Right on time. File in front of the trucks." I ordered to them while still irritatively staring at Tristan. When they were all lined properly and their attentions were face to us, I let go of my stare and walked to the front of them. I counted twice, named off in my head who should be here, and found one missing. Just as I went to speak and ask where the hell Greg was, the flight doors to the back of the hanger opened up and in he flew. He landed it on the right side of the hanger, us standing on the left open side.
    "I'm late. I know. I'm sorry. But she had a leak and I needed to get it fixed before we left." He stammered quickly as he came out of the rear doorway and ran to the line.
    "Next time, radio in so I'm not wondering why, alright?" I backed up a bit so I could easily see them all in view. "We want to leave as soon as possible. So this will be very short, you know your jobs, and where we're headed. But as things turn out, we happened to have a guide who has experience outside the dome. If he tells you something that's going to save your life, do it, unless I state otherwise." I stopped, and looked to Tristan. (intro lol)
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:00 pm

"I suppose it is my turn to do the briefing, huh," he chuckled. "I am called Emmanuel," he said. "Some of you are probably quite familiar with that already. I will be leading you into the wastelands. You will see things that will disturb you. You will want to intervene. You must not. Your survival will hinge on your ability to be not unlike a leaf on the wind. You must evade their senses in order not to become their targets," he said with joviality in his voice.

"If you ever realize that you are in over your head, do not be a hero, because you will not be a hero, only another corpse to be forgotten in the dead earth..." he trailed off...
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:33 pm

Physically, I was tensing up. Mentally, I was shooting that ass in every possible spot I could before he died. Another corpse to be forgotten in the dead earth? I get that they need to know what they’re up against, but terrifying them was not what I specified in the instructions. “That’ll be enough. Thank you Emmanuel.” I said and gave a tense smile towards him. I’d deal with it later on. “Alright people, the vehicles are set. Cargo trucks are there, I was two people in each. I want another 6 to 10 Rovers going, and the aircraft will need about 4 or 5. The bikes will be stored on the aircraft, no more then 10. The lead will be taken by the Cougar, which I an Emmanuel will be stationed in. Get to it.” When I finished instructions, they left their posts and scrambled about the hanger preparing what I had just said. I walked closely to Tristan, “Forgotten in the dead earth? Really?”
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:14 pm

"It would be a bio-hazard to bring a corpse with us...Unless you feel like some on the spot cremation..." he replied curtly.

"Now, there is a threat that I know exists in the wastes and can be particularly treacherous. There are people who have become...rabid so to speak. I am not aware of whether or not this information has been shared with you...has it,"
    he asked.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:34 pm

My face tensed up slightly, and I looked around the hanger to see if the other team had heard it. With the vehicles being moved, and the engines gearing up, they didn’t, thankfully. “No.. I was unaware of that. What do you mean by rabid? How many? And keep your voice down about it.”
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:16 pm

"They might want to know of that...it will be a threat the further out we go," he said pulling out a small computer from the front of his bag and playing a movie in a video journal collection labeled "entry 735**."

In the file, there was showed a picture of a man with sunken eyes rocking back and forward in a partition of what looked like a fairly sophisticated laboratory. There was little sound other than his breathing.

"I have come upon a peculiar creature in my travels..." a voice that sounded quite different from the whispering tone of the man before her. The creature behind the glass twitched as though nervous.

"Previously, I had no doubts that the virus kills all it touches, but this makes me doubt myself. This person is crazed, however, after a series of tests, I have come to the conclusion that this man is a victim of the disease..." he said.

"It is not acutely aware of my presence although I stand before him, which leads me to believe that its vision is limited...however, it has quite a fine-tuned sense of smell...

"Observe, the subject is inside an air-tight container,"
    the speaker moved into the frame only just enough to see their white-coated torso. He placed a glove inside a tray inside a partition to the air-tight cube. He closed a door over the partition. Turning a crank in a circle, the chamber in which the tray rested turned counterclockwise such that it lay exposed to the man.

The door had hardly enough time to open before the man lunged at the container tearing it out of the chamber and scratching the material of the cube in its hast. It tore the glove to pieces and let out a howl only stifled by the thick glassy cube.

"All attempts at communication with this man, whom I have named Elmer, have been thoroughly fruitless. I wonder if there is any higher level brain functions still present in him...It seems as though this creature survives on instinct: feed, mate, survive...that is all. Further information, forthcoming will be supplied...

This is field researcher Emmanuel signing out."

The video ran out, and Tristan looked to Kristie for further speech.

"I know for a fact those are out there..."
    he said. "I've been acquainted with quite a few."
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:23 pm

The creatures lurched about, combing the ruins for the two girls, but...they encountered their own difficulties amid the collapsed buildings...The creatures couldn't seem to move among the debris well. they were hampered and slowed, stumbling over obstacles and smacking against walls.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:20 pm

“You’ve got to be kidding me..” I whispered quietly, running my hand back through my hair. “Fuck. Fuck. Fuck! They’re not even people anymore.. They’re animals.” I turned away from the screen and looked at everyone. This is the type of information someone would hide in order to get people to agree. I’d never hide this from them, but they assume so if told now. But I had no choice.. Let’s hope they believe me. “They won’t shoot anything they think is human, they can't. How long have you known about this?” I asked quietly turning back to him.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:46 pm

"Months," he said. "After a certain point, they're everywhere," he said. "They can be killed, and they'd best be killed. Once the mind goes...it's bloody impossible to bring them back...They may as well be dead," he said with sincerity in his voice.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:42 pm

"MONTHS?" I asked with a raised voice. The other people turned to look for a moment, but continued with their business once eye contact was mad. "And you're only tell me this now? Yesterday would have been helpful while I was getting these people to volenteer. Do you know how this is going to make me look to them? Just dropping tihs fucking bomb on them last minute that there's those things out there ready to rip apart the first thing they get?"
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:46 pm

"Well, I did present these findings several weeks ago to your superiors...I suppose they didn't feel obligated to look into things that...in the captian's own words, "ain't no skin of my back." Hs shrugged his shoulders and looked ahead.

"Much of the prevailing attitude is to keep to one'sself and let the wasteland balance its own self out, but that...is not something that will happen for a long time,"
    he said quite flatly.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:57 pm

"I don't believe they didn't pay attention to this." I muttered quietly to myself. "Stupid son of a bitch." I paced slightly, just shuffling my feet at the issue. "I suppose telling them now would be the smartest. They need to see this." I said, not specifically speaking to anyone. I walked away and into a center area of the hanger. "Everyone! Drop what you're doing and get over here right now. Believe me, this is more important." After shouting it out, they quickly ran towards the area and huddled into a small circle. None of them looked as though being called in was a surprise - Probably thought they were going to get some 'pep-talk'.

"New information has just been brought to my attention. In order for this mission to get underway, you all have to see what I've seen." I turned with the circle at my back, "Emmanuel, the video please?"
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:12 pm

"Of course," he said and set the small laptop on the side of the machine. He played the video to completion and watched the men's reactions. His expression was unreadable and unchanging the whole time.

"These are not people, so do not treat them as such. They will try to devour you if they can,"he said and nodded at Kristie. Group relations weren't his thing...obviously. Razz
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:41 pm

Seeing it for the second time, made me notice a lot more about the.. thing. Hideous, animal. That's all it was. "Alright, so.." I said a bit nervously turning towards the group. "Pretty much, if you should see one of these things, kill it. Do not hesitate, just aim and shoot. Go for main areas, hearts, heads, who knows where it's weak points are. Any questions?" I looked around and one rose their hand. "Yes?"
    "How will we know if it's a survivor, or one of these?"
    "Well, a survivor will probably shout out something, if he or she is smart. This, may just attack you. So that's one way I assume." Another rose their hand. "Yes?"
    "Permission to pack a shit tone of ammo on the cargo trucks? And possibly some bigger guns?" Some even laughed quietly at that one.
    "We have plenty. Now, if that's all, go back to work. I want to be out of here in less then 10minutes." They slowly left one by one, with mixed expressions on all their faces. Some not bothered, others looked like they'd pissed themselves. "And this is why Im not an Officier yet..." I mumbled quietly in frustration. "When I find Riens, Im going to kill him." I said a bit louder and turned to the laptop, not knowing what to think of next really.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:33 pm

"The head and neck are the best places to fire to assure that they won't get up," he said and nodded...

"Riens...the name is familiar, but does not ring a bell. Your superior I suppose," he asked with dully curious.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:14 pm

"Yes, my superior, and that of everyone standing in this room. He's trained each one of us, and the only current Officier with a personal squad - His favourites more or less; Greg, Matthew, Amanda, Carl, and I. We-"
    I was cut off by the sound of a huge engine being started up. It silenced the voices of everyone in the room as we turned to the air craft, seeing the back hatch being closed up and air guts being formed around it. "We are ready to roll!" Our pilot, Greg, announced through the speaker sytsem in the ship (Easier then saying aircraft lol). Shouts came from the rest of the team, and most, if not everyone was geared, mounted and ready to go.
    "Then let's move. Key's are in the Cougar, oh, and you're driving." I said to Tristan and turned walking to the truck.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:10 pm

"Oh great. Clearly you must not be afraid of death," he said chuckling and taking the wheel before making the engine roar to life. "I'm ready when you are," he almost sounded amused...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:25 pm