Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

5 posters

Hybridized...

Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Hybridized... - Page 3 Empty Hybridized...

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

It is the year 2035 and life as we know it, is over. From sources unknown a disease has ravaged not just humanity, but everything that lives. The virus spreads and mutates making it impossible to treat adequately.

The only people left alive are those that are untouched by the disease. They live in closed biospheres with a limited number of residents. A very real problem has presented itself: there is a shortage of resources that are still completely safe to consume.

People are clambering for an antidote to the virus's effects, but there has been no success had by the many doctors who have studied the pathogen. There is an entity that sticks out in the minds of the desperate...

They exist only on the covers of seedy magazines. Hazy photographs and "eye witness" accounts from former soldiers and doctors consigned to psych wards...They say there is another entity entirely at work in the wasteland...Their stories are dismissed as hearsay, but they say that they come from the stars and lay in waiting. The urban legend has spawned its own cult, which believes that this time is the rapture and that they are the angels who have come to save the devout..

There is no conclusive evidence of their existence, but there are rumors...One of the biospheres suddenly failed and its residents were exposed to the wasteland. Contact was lost with them, but there was a distress call...Rumors have gone around saying many things...Some say that the tabloid creatures caused it, others blame the military, others still claim that the disease has mutated. The people are no longer just dying. They are transforming into something monstrous...

People are afraid of leaving the biosphere, but with the atmosphere the way it is...people are being pushed out.

---
    If you have a question about any of the roles, contact me. If you want a role that would make you...privy to certain information, talk to me, and I'll give you some information on the players that I've left out...

Residents of an intact biosphere (has to be the same one; give me social status, and, no, you can't all be rich socialites, and at least one of you is should want to be in the military and in the press... Wink )-

Residents of the destroyed biosphere who know the truth and are still alive (PM me if you want this, and I'll give you the lowdown)-Engi, Jade,

???(???????????????????????????????????)- ????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hybridized being(a creature...that is human...sorta'...: PM me if you're curious, but...there can only be at most 2 of these including myself, and you won't have a role until well later...)-Mireya

Last edited by Mireya on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Hybridized... - Page 3 Empty Re: Hybridized...

Post by Engi Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:30 pm

"Na. I feel sick still." She said, pushing the bag back towards the girl. "And we need to save as much as possible."
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:34 pm

She nodded, zipping the bag up again and sighing.
    "We can rest for awhile, but we really need to get a move on."
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:37 pm

"No." She said, looking over at the setting sun. The warm air was getting cold and goose flesh was forming on engi's arm. "If we get lost in the dark, were doomed. We'll sleep here. Continue in the morning."
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:43 pm

I nodded at the man, trying to make eye contact while doing so. "Experience greatens our chances of getting through this mess alive, not by much, but enough to give us a fair shot if whatever has caused this is as violent as I think. If the Captain allows it, you're more then welcome to the team..?" I faded out asking for his name, or something to tell me who he was. I kept my eyes on him waiting, and for a sign from the Captain that we would be allowed to do this.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:55 pm

"I am called Tristan Emmanuel. I have clearance to join any journeys outside the biosphere. Neither my title nor my credentials are your concern," the figure said striding in passed the desks. A few of the soldiers appeared visibly agitated and leaned well away from the man as he walked. He crossed gloved hands over his chest.

"I have some experience in these matters...it is possible that I can keep you alive on your mission...However, I may not succeed with all of you, and I ask you not to expect that from me," he turned his hidden face towards the captain and then towards Kristina.

"He comes recommended," the chief says. "He has...clearance to travel inside and outside of the domes," the elder man said though still visibly uncomfortable around the slender man.

"That I do. I am curious as you are about the happenings of the broken dome. I extend my services free of charge," he said with a strange bow, down turning his head and shoulders but holding his hands out palms up and elbows bent as he leaned against the wall.

Last edited by Mireya on Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:04 pm

I began to notice the tone in the men who spoke while Tristan was in the room. They were uneased, and some even turned their heads from the situation entirely. Was I missing something? Or were they just as shocked to see him as I was, my reason being I'd never seen him before. "Your title and credentials are of no use to me." I said taking a seat back down now that I wouldn't be adressing the Captain. "I expect nothing of you, except the assistance you've offered in the field while we travel, which I and my team are greatful for. Concern for the lives is my job." I said still looking directly at him, and not moving my eyes away. Why? I hadn't a damn clue.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:29 pm

"Good," he said producing from a pocket in his jacket a clear plastic bag that had been sealed, within contained a small flash drive. He dropped it on the table before Kristina without making contact with her.

"See to it that you have all these supplies listed. The quantity listed in the drive is the quantity needed for one man with no foreseeable health consequences who weighs 86.17 kg to survive a week outside the sphere. I recommend having all these things for everyone accompanying us on the mission.

"Weapons are rarely necessary...unless you are in the deep wastes, however...in light of the recent threat, I would suggest anything from automatic rifles to camouflage armor to smoke grenades. I know you don't know what it is we are dealing with. If they were truly able to decimate Cariosus... I would recommend you not turn your noses up at the very real probability that escape is the only option if we meet with hostilities,"
    he said in that same whispering tone.

His perceived condescension met with scoffs and disapproving murmurs from the others. The helmet obscured any expression he might have made to the others, but his posture did not change.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:52 pm

I took the flash drive and began to play with it back and forth as I listened to his.. Suggestions. His knowledge of what we would need to have for our team survival wise, impressed me, but that was it. I could tell just by the way he spoke, he would be a handle in this journey at some points, and that tension between me and him, was unavoidable regardless of his contributions to our mission. "I'll personally look over the supplies, and see to it that we have everything you've specified, and weapons you've suggested will be brought, along with any other firepower I see can be useful. We'll be very well equipped, and I'd like your assistance in deciding which can be most useful after this meeting. However," I cleared my throat, "A situation such as the one you are speaking of, will be dealt with in a way that seems appropriate to the time. ‘Escaping’ is something I can, and will turn my nose up at, so do not suggest it. I will not put my men, nor yours in unnecessary danger, but if taking a risk could result in saving more lives then lost, then that’s something I can live with, and die for. But, this discussion is over. Let’s hope that it doesn’t arrive as a problem yes?" I put the drive into my pocket and stood up, walking round the table towards the exiting door. "With your permission Captain, I'd like to begin preparing for this by going over the drive and speaking to the team. I'd also like Tristan to accompany me to the firearms." I said turning my gaze to him once, then back at the Captain.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:42 pm

"Bravado still runs thick. Pity...I suppose that is not a impasse now, although it may present itself as one later..." he trailed off as though contemplating.

"But remember quite well that I am a privateer not a soldier. You will not be risking my life if we come to a disagreement in the wasteland. I can stop helping you at my own discretion without warning and without ramification should I return here without you," he said quite calmly.

"Alright, he can accompany you to the the arsenal, but...be brief," the captain said with a distrustful stare at the slender man. His entire posture read of disdain for the man.

"Well then, away we go,"
    Emmanuel said walking to the back of the room and gesturing for Kristina to walk before him.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:00 pm

I smiled actually, tilted my head towards for a moment, and smiled. He would be.. An interesting companion on this journey for sure. The conversation he and I would need to have before leaving would be out of this room, and away from listening ears. I didn’t trust him as far as I could spit. I left the open door and down the hallways to the firearms, where I unlocked a thick, steel door that lead to the main storage rooms. “Here we are.” I said in the most bullshit ‘happy’ expression I could, then going in the room myself.

Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 pm

"So we are," he said and walked forward inspecting one of the mounted firearms as though looking at an old friend he hadn't seen in a long time. His posture was strange. He was bent forward at the waist with a straight back and standing on the very back of his heels with his hands in his pockets and the tops of his feet tilted into the air.

"You certainly haven't brought me here to discuss my recommendations in firearms. They are not my specialty. What is on your mind," he whispered not yet turning to face her.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:39 pm

I closed the door and locked it, turning to him. Looking pissed, off. “You bet your ass. Listen, I’m aware that your assistance isn’t something that is required, and we are privileged to get it.” I walked a bit closer, making my voice a bit louder and sounding a lot more annoyed. “But I want YOU to be aware that by receiving the permission by both I and the Captain, you are being gifted to come on this journey. I doubt your volunteering was out of the goodness of your heart, so whatever you seek in Cariosus, you’ll need cooperation to get to. Otherwise, you can stay here and wait for us to come back with information that you WILL be kept from. Do not assume for one moment that you have power over me. Yes, I could use you, but I could also get there without you. I would very much prefer if you came along though. But you NEED us. So working together AND under my authority, is something you you’re going to have to get use to, or there’s the door.” I walked away from him and towards a set of locked rifles, huffing when I got there. “Can we come to an agreement?” I said without looking to him.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:00 am

"Hmm, you're a snotty one..." he said quite bluntly. "I do not have your permission. I have your cooperation. The military cannot say no to me. If they could say no to me, I would have been killed long ago," he said with a still relaxed air about his whisper-like voice.

"I do not require you. You only make my inquest easier. I do not answer to you, and I will not be your subordinate. You will answer to me if you intend to survive. I'm the only one with the know how to keep you alive once the radios fail, unless you'd rather ask the nearest corrupted for their opinion on what you should be doing better.

"Our intentions are one and the same. Do not make me your enemy Corporal Torcette, or this will be a far more trying expedition than it needs to be...for you."
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:17 am

I didn’t answer for a bit, instead just stared deeply at the guns with the unfortunate truth, that he was mostly right. We wouldn’t have a shot at making it over there without someone with experience, and he knew it more then I did. But letting him know that I knew that, was not something I was about to let happen. “I can’t help but feel a slight threat in that last statement.” I said while opening up the locked, caged set of guns. I took out a single rifle and turned to him, examining the gun. “The Military may not be able to control you, but if I think you’re becoming a threat to my team, then believe me I will not hesitate to take back control. That, I promise you.” I said, then setting down the gun on a table to my right as I begun to take out the others. “I will do as you instruct when it comes to survival and the land, but only because I want my men there in one piece. If you go above the small amount of authority, then again, I will take back my control. None of us need to come back with one another.”
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:38 am

"I will certainly attempt to keep that in my mind at all times, as long as you keep in mind that I can leave you at any time..." he said with flatness in his voice as he finally turned around to face her. The visor on his helmet glistened obscuring his focused stare.

"We will depart at 0600 form the south east hangar. We will take ground vehicles, however I want at one air-craft carrier on hand to carry additional vehicles and provide cover-fire if it should become necessary. Have everything ready by that time or I will depart from the dome on my own and you and your men will commit glorified suicide..." he walked out of the room taking great care to remain out of arm's reach of her.

"Take care, and please call me 'Emmanuel'--'Em' if your really must be so casual, but not 'Tristan.' You do not know me so well, corporal," the black-clad, obscured man murmured his words of parting before striding down the hall and out of apparent view...
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:36 pm

I watched him, did not take my eye off until he left the room, and his foot steps had disapeared. My firm expression hit the ground and I let out a huge sigh of relief. Truth be told I've never led an expedition before, but had always dreamt of it. I've been in charge of many different things, but never something where lives were at risk. Tough choices was something I could make easily, but never has the outcome of them been so important, where countless people would die. If I fucked this up, it wouldn't matter about reputation, we'd all simply die - Except maybe for the prick of a guide we had coming along. Intelligent, extremely, and probably the only thing that would get an unexperienced with the outside team there alive. But his attitude, has a lot to be desired. Starting with him taking over this whole damn thing - Who the hell does he think he is?

I slung the rifle onto my back and locked the cage back up, giving it a good slam in the process. "Brief the team." I said to myself in a deep tone and left the room towards the lounging halls to assemble the teams.

"Ladies, gentlemen, your attention please." I announced to the room, and they began to form. "Would teams 1 through 3, and Riens personal squad please follow me." I waited until they began to stand and walk towards me, then proceeded out the door to a private meeting room.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Day turned to night in both the wasteland and in the biosphere. The groaning noises of machines rife with cannons ready to shoot echoed in the closeness of the shadows surrounding the two girls.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:56 pm

The teams filed into the room, taking seats and looking at with me curiousity and some even worry. 3 teams, and the personal squad sat before me, about 4 dozen people, and they became silent once I shut and locked the door. "What Im about to tell you is going to be a shock, and will probably come as something very disturbing to you all. It's also highly classified, and should not be shared with anyone outside this room. The mission Im about to propose is extremely dangerous, and I'll be completely honest, I expect and know not all of us will come back in tack, if at all." I stopped and took in a breath, looking around at the crowd and their faces. They werent scared.. if only they knew. "If any of you feel as though this is something you do not want to be a part of, this is your one and only chance to leave. No one will look down on you, and there will be no conseuquences." I stopped again. No one stood, no one said a word. They sat staring, like what I was say meant nothing to them - It was a sight.
    "Very well." I began to pace the front of the room. "Cariosus is out. Down for the count and we have reason to believe that they have been contaminated and may all be death at this very moment. Our job is to get over there, check things out, see who, or what is destroying things over there, save any survivors to our best abilities, and get back alive. We're going outside the dome." They began to shuffle in their seats - Uneased. And the worry I wish I had seen moments before finally appeared on their faces, along with terror, and some even disbelief.
    "How do we know it wasn't a malfunction?" One man asked loudly.
    "Classified evidence. I wish I had time to brief you on it, but I don't. What you need to know is that there is a very strong chance that something is over there killing them. Something with far more advanced weapons, and far more superior."
    "So in other words, we're screwed." A woman said, and some even chuckled at it.
    "Pretty much." They all nodded their heads and began to look amoung one another. A couple second of silence passed, and finally one man raised his hand - Unusual - and requested to speak. I nodded in approval and he smiled.
    "So when do we leave?" I smiled back and almost began to laugh.
    "0600. Be there earlier for some further briefing and an introduction to a new teammate. You are dismissed." They got up from their chairs and left the room one by one. They were in this mess now whether they liked it or not.
    When all had left, I locked the door behind them, I turned out the lights, using my flashlight to see around. In this room was a desk at the front, with a built in desktop made for meetings and training. I logged in using my user account, password and access code. I brought up the Dome's file and went to registered residents and typed in 'Tristan Emmanuel'. When the result bar finished, a big mesage in bold red writting appeared on the screen saying 'ACCESS DENIED'.
    "Damnit!" I shouted, then covering my mouth, remembering to keep it quiet. I looked between the keyboard and the screen, knowing that my next move may cost me my job if discovered..
    I logged of my account, and logged in under Officier Reins name, password and access code - All of which he'd trusted me with long ago. Odd type of friendship he and I had.. Anyways, I logged in, and did the same type of search. I sat there awaiting the results, and wondered just who this man really was.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:22 pm

As the shadows filled the night, Capri narrowed her eyes. This girl was started to get on her nerves, but there was no need to be uncooprative.
    "There's no way I'm sleeping right now," she mumbled.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:32 pm

engi pulled out her bag and handed the girl a blanket. "Then you can watch guard. When you change your mind, wake me up." She lied down in the dirt, a blanket over herself and her head on the backpack.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Capri sighed and listened to the noise in the distance. She began drawing pictures in the sand as she rested her head on her drawn up knees. She began lightly humming, just to keep herself sane.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:48 pm

engi breathed quietly, curled up in the sand. (I'm not quite sure what your expecting me to say o.O...Sorry.)
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:58 pm

The computer flickered slightly as it conducted its search.

searching...
    organizing results...
    0 pages found containing query "Tristan Emmanuel"
    Related queries: "Isadora Tristan, Josiah Emmanual"
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:16 pm

The page, shocked me oddly enough - But I was happy none the less. What I found was better then finding what I'd hoped for. I was expecting some criminal past, something that could have him contained, or atleast have less freedom then he does. But this? This was too good to give to anyone else but myself.
    I printed off the page of results and folded it up until it fit inside my back pocket. Quickly I logged off, but not before earasing the search history. I left the room and began to run in any direction. I was finding my new best friend.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:48 pm

There sounded in the wilds a loud noise like the groaning of a wounded animal. Silhouettes moved amid the shadows, monstrous and wild, tearing their way towards fresh meat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:57 pm