Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

5 posters

Hybridized...

Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Hybridized... - Page 6 Empty Hybridized...

Post by Mireya Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

It is the year 2035 and life as we know it, is over. From sources unknown a disease has ravaged not just humanity, but everything that lives. The virus spreads and mutates making it impossible to treat adequately.

The only people left alive are those that are untouched by the disease. They live in closed biospheres with a limited number of residents. A very real problem has presented itself: there is a shortage of resources that are still completely safe to consume.

People are clambering for an antidote to the virus's effects, but there has been no success had by the many doctors who have studied the pathogen. There is an entity that sticks out in the minds of the desperate...

They exist only on the covers of seedy magazines. Hazy photographs and "eye witness" accounts from former soldiers and doctors consigned to psych wards...They say there is another entity entirely at work in the wasteland...Their stories are dismissed as hearsay, but they say that they come from the stars and lay in waiting. The urban legend has spawned its own cult, which believes that this time is the rapture and that they are the angels who have come to save the devout..

There is no conclusive evidence of their existence, but there are rumors...One of the biospheres suddenly failed and its residents were exposed to the wasteland. Contact was lost with them, but there was a distress call...Rumors have gone around saying many things...Some say that the tabloid creatures caused it, others blame the military, others still claim that the disease has mutated. The people are no longer just dying. They are transforming into something monstrous...

People are afraid of leaving the biosphere, but with the atmosphere the way it is...people are being pushed out.

---
    If you have a question about any of the roles, contact me. If you want a role that would make you...privy to certain information, talk to me, and I'll give you some information on the players that I've left out...

Residents of an intact biosphere (has to be the same one; give me social status, and, no, you can't all be rich socialites, and at least one of you is should want to be in the military and in the press... Wink )-

Residents of the destroyed biosphere who know the truth and are still alive (PM me if you want this, and I'll give you the lowdown)-Engi, Jade,

???(???????????????????????????????????)- ????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hybridized being(a creature...that is human...sorta'...: PM me if you're curious, but...there can only be at most 2 of these including myself, and you won't have a role until well later...)-Mireya

Last edited by Mireya on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Hybridized... - Page 6 Empty Re: Hybridized...

Post by Burn It Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:54 pm

"Death is unavoidable, might as well make it creative. Also, I know where we are going, but I expect you to take us on our safest route, if not, I'll just have to shoot you." I said with an unusual type of smile on my face. Getting along was a bit easier..
    It was were working.

The doors opened, the hanger became exposed, and after us leading out, the trucks and ship left quickly after. We were fully outside the dome.

OOC- We CAN breath correct?
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:18 pm

ooc: Hmm, lets say you all have some kind of filter apparatus to prevent you from getting sick, but yeah you can breath. ^_^

bic: "That's not exactly how I meant it, but alright. This is going to be horribly bumpy, so I advise you hang on," he said before flooring the gas pedal and all but tearing out of the dome into the wasteland. The very air appeared to have a yellow-brown tinge and the dirt on the ground around them tore up dust clouds behind the vehicles.

After the ground leveled out for a foreseeable distance and he was sure his passenger had secured her breath mask, Tristan reached behind his head and shut off his oxygen tank then pulled the mask off his still obscured mouth. He took a deep breath. "Home sweet home," he muttered in a voice that sounded a good deal different than it did through the respirator.

ooc: pardon if that was a tiny bit moddy. I'll stretch it out if you'd rather.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:41 pm

OOC- It's not Razz Im just a bit confused what just happened.. are we there?
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:00 pm

ooc: we're out in the wasteland, just outside the dome, and he just took off the breathing apparatus he's been wearing since the start of the rp, right as you're putting yours on. Wink
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:15 pm

OOC- OOOOOH got cha.

BIC- Maybe I should have driven.. he was insane. I took out the map from the glove compartment and opened it up. "I know, I'm just screwing with you." I said staring down at the map, and looking at the distance between the two domes. "Alright, so if we go through here it'll take us st-" When I begun to hold up the map to show him, I noticed his breathing tank was off. "ARE YOU INSANE?! PUT THAT ON!"
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:40 pm

"I don't require it," he said. "I would be wasting oxygen," he said. "I do not where this for my benefit you know," he said. "Now, where are we going," he said leaning slightly to her side, but still not enough to see down into the collar.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:26 pm

"I don't even know how to express how much you're beginning to really creep me out. I don't really care why you don't need it, but you'll have to explain to the team why, unless you put one on infront of them for appearance sake. Just keep it turned off. Understood? I don't need their nerves tightened up more then they already are." I said and looked back at the map, flattening it out on my lap and turning it towards Tristan. "The dome is South-West of where we are. It's straight deadlands and dried fields for the next 400 clicks or so, after that, I'm not too sure." I moved the map over more to him for him to get a better look.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:19 pm

"Oh, but it always feels so stuffy..." he said. "If you think it'll contribute to their peace of mind, then I will acquiesce to your request," he said.

"Craters and bones," he said honestly. "I believe I know where we're going. 200 clicks ahead, tell your men to be on the lookout," he said watching the sky. He knew where the rabids would be. It was the objects in the sky that interested him.

-+-

A rabid man skulked between the fallen houses, with the scent of the girls in his nose. He peered through the doorway inside the house where the two hid. He sniffed the air and lingered almost close enough to touch them, when all of a sudden a hand came out of nowhere and clasped around the beast's neck wrenching him out of the doorway. It yelped as its air was cut off and was thrown to the ground. Before it could react it was bashed in the head with a brick, but a person neither of the two girls had seen before.

She stood tall and thin wearing rags in horrible need of replacement. Her skin was thick and covered in a patchwork of scars, but she did not have the insanity in her eyes that those creatures had...

"You..alright," she said into the house. "Can come out. I saw you come in..." she murmured.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:09 pm

engi held Capri close to her, listening for the monsters. She could hear one of them, so close, but she was terrified. She felt paralyzed, as if she couldn't run even if it attacked her. After a moment of pure terror, she heard the damned creature yelp, then fall to the ground with a smash. engi peeked over, just in time to see the monster lay dead on the ground with a brick being smashed into it's head. Behind it was a girl, clothes destroyed and sanity in her eyes. "Y-Yes." She stuttered.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:51 pm

"Doesn't that just sound amazing?" I said with frustration. I put down the map and with one hand rubbed the side of my temple circularly. Using the other hand I grabbed the radio and signaled in on the ships channel. "Greg, make sure I've got at least 3 on lookout up there. Any suspicious movements or objects, I want to know. I also want you atlas 10 clicks ahead at all times."
    "Already a step ahead sweet heart. I happen to have 5 on lookout for just such the thing."
    "Alright. Thank you. Contact the others to let them know, you can do it a lot faster then the Cougar.” I keyed off and sat myself back a bit in the seats. “How much of a threat are we talking with these things? Based on our weapons and men; scale of 1 to 10. 10 being we're committing suicide." I asked in an unusual relaxed tone.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:01 pm

"Five," he replied. "They're not terribly smart, you see. They are strong, but they have the same weak spots as a human will, so...there isn't too much to worry about. Just plug them in the head or neck and you can take them out with one shot," he said driving along. He heard howling amid the ruins. "Right on time," he said with a grin in his voice.

---

"It is not safe here," the sane girl said. "Come with me," she said reahing out a hand to the other girl.
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:43 pm

"Oh, thank God," Capri whispered, thankfully grabbing the mysterious girl's hand.

"Who are you?" she asked as she stood, brushing herself off and looking nervously around, then at Engi.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:32 pm

My face narrowed at him, wondering why he seemed to of, enjoyed, saying something that had me on my nerves. “Right on time for what?” I asked, then looked out the front window, not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

OOC- So, this air is dangerous to us, well me, correct? How would it affect open wounds?
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:56 am

ooc: You will probably get infected very quickly if an open wound comes in contact with the open air.

bic: "Mire," she said. "It's not safe here. Follow me," she said turning and striding carefully out of the dilapidated house.

-+-

"They're coming. It's best we get the first shot if possible," he murmured. Indeed, shapes moved about the debris galloping towards them with their mouths open in a slack-jawed scowl. There were more than ten but less than twenty of them, and they were closing in--unafraid of the trucks.

"Shoot now. Shoot now!"
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:31 pm

With another nervous glance around, Capri nodded. She stepped carefully over pieces of the crumbled building, following Mire and looking back at Engi.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:55 pm

"How did you get here," she asked. "Nobody comes here," she said looking around cautiously.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:07 pm

"There was a break in our city's biosphere," she paused, "The city was under attack when Engi found me. We left then, only to get chased down by-by," she stammered, "Those things."
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:43 pm

"Bio...what?" she said and shook her head. "There's strange stuff out here. Make sure and move fast," Mire said watching the sky and not the ruble around them. "I can fight off the little guys, but the big guys are harder."
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:59 pm

"Alright. Thanks." engi said, walking behind them. "A biosphere. Big orb you live in?" She asked.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:04 pm

Capri nodded, "What are those things exactly? I mean...I've heard rumors about them but..." she trailed off, walking quickly behind Mire.
    Mireya
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:38 pm

"You mean the big bubbles in the distance," she scratched her head at the other girl. "They look funny. I don't go near 'em."

She shrugged her shoulders. "The big ones or the little ones," she asked Capri. "The little things are sick people. I'm surprised you're not sick too...You must not have been out here for too long," she kinda' rambled to herself staring up at the sky still.

"I dunno' what the big things are, but if they see you, they'll try and take you with 'em. I can't fight them off. Only reason I can get away from them is I know this place too good," she said turning and walking away from the ruins. "Sick people stay in the ruins. Better to stay away from there."
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:13 pm

“You know, a 2 minute heads up would have been helpful!” I said in a raised and tense voice. I opened the passenger door of the Cougar once I made sure my air tank was on properly, and equipped my on hand weapons – I wouldn’t have to time to get the bigger guns from the truck, seeing how close they were. Quickly putting one of my guns into my other hand, I used the free hand to reach into my pocket and pull out a red piece of fabric, which I then raised and waved up above my head; Signaling the others. Red flag would signal a fast moving attack, and to exit with weapons close on hands. Soon enough the trucks and Rangers stopped, and people, about 6 or so, came out towards where I stood. “Fire at will! Aim for the heads!” I shouted to them quickly, then turning my face towards the oncoming… Things. I dropped the fabric, and put a gun back in each hand.

I raised one of the guns, aiming for one of them, by the looks of it a woman. She snarled, wore rags and her body was almost hunched at her left side. She.. It, ran in a straight path to me, making it clear to fire off. When I did, she fell to the ground, the bullet hitting her forehead, more on the left side. Others began to fire as well, and they went down, but not nearly as fast as I would like them to.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:52 pm

Capri nodded again as she continued to walk. Gunfire. Her head snapped back behind her. Nothing. It was too foggy.
    "What is that?" she whispered, eyebrows furrowing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:03 am