Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Alexis
Daylight Shadow
Deamonata
Danny
8 posters

Percy Jackson Type Role Play

Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Percy Jackson Type Role Play - Page 2 Empty Percy Jackson Type Role Play

Post by Danny Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey guys. I love the whole Greek mythology idea, and I know a lot of people now a days know it based off the book "Percy Jackson" so, here's a little role play that I hope everyone will enjoy.

~~~CREDITS TO THE ORIGINAL CREATOR OF THIS ROLE PLAY!~~~

Since the fall of Kronos, the world has been trying to get itself together. But sadly, with Gaia awake and out to destroy everything they hold dear, Camp Halfblood has to join forces with their Roman counterpart to win this coming battle. The only problem is, can the two camps actually work together after their history of civil wars?

Ooc: I suppose if you'd like, we can all think up of an idea to stop Gaia, or we can just see where it goes.

Gods! (Only one person per God please)

Greek Gods!
    Aphrodite [].

Apollo [].

***Ares[Eljordo]. Jordan has the abillity to (in combat/dangerous situations) slow the passage of time (in his perspective), giving his god-like reflexes.

Athena [].

***Hades [Demonata/George].

***Hephaestus [Aki] Pyrokenesis and a skill with metallurgy.

Hermes [].

***Poseidon [Daniel McKarthy/Danny]. He as the ability to heal while in water. He has super strength and can control water.)

***Zeus [Kristie/Kristina Torcette]. Being the daughter of Zeus, I can minipulate the weather around me. If my emotions are ever in over drive, which has only ever happened twice in my entire life, the weather reacts to it. I’ve always loved the lightening and thunder storms, so I’ve perfected those above all others. Since last summer however, my abilities have gotten a lot weaker, so I try to avoid using them at all costs, so it doesn’t show.

Roman Gods! (In the same order as the Greeks).
    ***Venus [Daylight Shadow/Avalon Sparrow]. Can control, communicate with and shape shift into animals (all animals). I control nature and plants as well as the weather.

Apollo [].

***Mars [Alexis/Amelia Haymont] In addition to strength and speed, her senses are also heightened; she can adapt to any weapon given, and heal faster than average.

Minerva [].

Pluto []

Vulcan [].

Mercury [].

Neptune [].

Jupiter [].

Other Gods
    ***Loki [Murdoch]. As well as being a deadly combatant with both staff and blade, able to dance around most combatants in his significantly lighter and more flexible armour, he is also a master of illusionary “magic”. He can summon and dispel any of his equipment he wishes, and can even teleport short distances. His mastery of illusionary magic allows him to do anything from making himself invisible to shapeshifting to even creating entirely false surroundings or creatures. He can even make the creatures ‘feel’ real, allowing for a quick distraction should he need to escape.
    At the camp, it is under the impression that he is a son of Hermes, though no one is really sure.

NOTE: Don't forget this has mythology, so don't be afraid to get creative. I don't mind what your abilities or weapons are really, just try not to go too too over board and don't forget that your not invincible!

Last edited by Danny on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:35 pm; edited 15 times in total
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Percy Jackson Type Role Play - Page 2 Empty Re: Percy Jackson Type Role Play

Post by Burn It Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:52 pm

Character Name(s): Kristina Torcette
    Skin colour: White, but not pale.
    Build/Body type: Average build. Takes good care of herself, so in good physical condition.
    Hair Color: Dark brown, almost black but can be clearly defined as a brown shade.
    Hairstyle: Hair reaches to 4 inches below the shoulder. The style is playful waves from roots to tips, and no bangs. The hair parts more at the left and flips back towards the right.
    Eye Color: Pale brown, almost a yellow. However, they turn so pale they’re almost white when I use a large amount of power.
    Height: 5' 8"
    Weight: 150

Clothing: Kristie is always dressed in white, always. She may occasionally wear a pair of jeans, maybe shorts or some cargo pants, but 70% of the time you’ll see her in anything white. Tanks, T’s, skirts, shorts, pants, anything and everything. It’s a colour she just feels that she has to wear, almost like an OCD thing. She’s currently in a pair of white skinny-jean style capris, and a white tank top. Nothing special. Along with white flip flops – She wasn’t kidding.
    Her formal wear, however, is a bit different. When it comes to fomarl attire, she’ll wear anything of any colour. She loves the colour purple, so you’ll probably see her in that if anything formarl should arrise.
    Tattoos: 1,.5 inch black spiral design from the top of my right leg to the middle of my calf. The design of the spiral is jagged, like a lightening bolt, and gets thinner as it goes down until it stops at a point. It’s significance is unknown to everybody except my parents and older brother. It’s nothing to be proud of, and I got it between last and this summer. So it’ll be something new to most people who I’ve met before.
    Piercings: Three wholes in each ear.
    Sexuality: Straight
    Relationship Status: Single
    Personality: My personality is unique, and hard to grasp. This is because I act differently depending on my enviroment, what I have on my mind, and whom I am around. I can be peaceful, kind, angry, ignorant, even hurtful. I treat you the way you deserve to be treated, the way you've earned. I have very little, if at all, respect for people when I first meet them unless they demonstrate respect to me. Again, it is an aspect you must earn from me, along with trust, and once you break either of them, good luck getting them back. I don’t tolerate people who anoy me, you'll know if I dislike you, you can guarentee that. The people in my life whom have earned my respect, trust, even care, are what I hold closest to me, and that I'll do whatever it takes to ensure there well being. I can sometimes think highly of myself, but that is because I expect alot out of myself. When I make mistakes, I don't admit to them easily, but try to avoid them, prove others wrong, or fix it before my mistake can be discovered. I avoid topics that either upset me, or get me angry, as when I am either, I can say/do things I do not mean to say or do. I don’t take well to insults, and react harshly to them. The same if you are to insult someone whom I care about. I have one way of thinking, nothing else, and I don't change often, if at all.
    Basic abilities: Being the daughter of Zeus, I can minipulate the weather around me. If my emotions are ever in over drive, which has only ever happened twice in my entire life, the weather reacts to it. I’ve always loved the lightening and thunder storms, so I’ve perfected those above all others. Since last summer however, my abilities have gotten a lot weaker, so I try to avoid using them at all costs, so it doesn’t show.

BIC-

This would have been the year I could have asked to stay all year round. I could have stopped dicking around out there, doing slim to nothing that is beneficial to me. Why should I have to waste anymore time, when I could be here? Preparing, getting better. I should have been able to stay this year, but I’m lucky to even be here now. So, stop complaining Kristie, and count your blessings.

The camp hasn’t changed any by what I’ve seen. Same old cabins, same old beaten down deck at the end of the pond that no one uses anymore. We have a new one, why don’t they just tear it down? Maybe we’ll get that done this summer.. Anyways, where was everybody? I really hope I’m not freakishly early like last year.. That was boring. I picked the grass out of the ground for about an hour before people started actually appearing. I bet it would help if I came in the main entrance, instead of through the side, and through the forest to the grounds. It got me to my cabin faster, but it would stop me from seeing others as I walked in. Eh, I’ll find them eventually..

I wonder how this summer would go.. Who’d be here, how’d we get along, IF we got along? What would the world have in store for us ‘youngsters’ this time around? Perhaps something a bit more exciting than the last couple years? This was my last year and all, mine as well make it a good one, right?
    Deamonata
    Possum
    Possum

Location : The best country of them all UK!!!! (and the north of it so even better)

Post by Deamonata Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:49 am

OOC: I would assume that the roman kids would travel by pegasus

BIC: George sat alone in his cabin, he was one of the few who had stayed in the camp for the full year, and now people were returning, not that it made much difference. Oh they were polite enough but you could tell that they were always a bit uneasy hanging around the son of Hades lord of the underworld.

He sighed, maybe the kids from the new camp would be different maybe they wouldn't be so put off by the whole god of the dead thing. "who am I kidding" George said to himself "Of course they will be put off who is going to be friends with someone who hangs out with skeletons"

He sighed "I guess I should go do some combat practice I've been a bit lazy with it recently" He stood up and slipped through the shadows coming out in the shade underneath a tree by the combat fields. George walked over to one of the training dummies and drew his sword. The blade was an obsidian black and forged from Stygian iron, the handle in contrast a brilliant gold with a blood red ruby on the end. George launched into a standard practice routine loosing himself in the rhythmic cut and thrust of the routine.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:38 am

May I still join? I want to be the son of Ares
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:50 am

Yeah, no problem. I'll post you up, just post up your bio!!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:32 am

Aki sat, watching George attack a training dummy. His back was to the wooded path that led to the lake front. At his side were his two falcata swords and a couple of knives were planted in the ground.

His hood was down and the whole jumper open at the front. In his hand he held a small amount of flame, just playing with it, passing it from hand to hand, making it run over the back of his hand.

He yawned and stretched lying back on the grass. "Christ I'm bored" he said softly to himself
    Daylight Shadow
    Daylight Shadow

Post by Daylight Shadow Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:18 am

Basic
    Name: Avalon Sparrow
    Sex: Female

Features
    Species: Human
    Ethnic: White
    Skin color: Light skin
    Tattoo: Angel wings across shoulder blades, sparrow on left wrist
    Height: 5’10
    Build: Long legs, thin, slightly wide hips
    Weight: 53 kg
    Hair (color/style): Light blonde that flows in like waves to mid-back, fringe swept to the left and bangs.
    Eyes: Light Green

Dressware
    Jewerly/peircings: Four in each ear, Helix on right ear, Dragos on left ear, nose piercing of a little stud diamond.
    Coat/Jacket: Black leather Jacket with a hood
    Top: White, tight tank-top that reaches my waist and a red ribbon tied around my waist.
    Bottom: Black, ripped skinny jeans.
    Shoes: Black studded boots, 2 inch heels.

About Character
    Relationship status: Single
    Sexuality: Bisexual
    Personality: I keep to myself a lot and I’m very quiet. If I don’t have something to say regarding a subject then I will stay quiet. This gives people the impression that I am not interested in what they are talking and sometimes a turn off (not in a sexual way) in some way this makes me mysterious and unreachable, which makes other chase after me. I am very good at hiding my real emotions, but sometimes my eyes give my emotions away. I act different depending on the environment and situations I’m in. I don’t really like relying on people and it is really hard for me to trust. When someone gains my trust a different side of me is shown. I’m more talkative; I smile and laugh more, and just a kind and caring person that enjoys life. It takes a lot of effort to aggravate me. When I’m angry I cannot control my actions, therefore it would be a very wise idea not to annoy me.

Background/secret: Both my parents passed away when I was little so I lived with my aunt. By the time I turned 14 I left my Aunt’s house and lived on my own in different apartments that I have broken in to. One of my secrets is that I can contact and see spirits/ghosts and I can use them for help when in need.
    Powers: Can control, communicate with and shape shift into animals (all animals). I control nature and plants as well as the weather.
    Favored Animals: Dove, Sparrow, Swallow and Swan.
    Preferred weapon: Knives and two swords that once made a very powerful sword that I carry with me at all times.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:05 pm

Danny walked from the lake towards the entrance and noticed both George and Aki by the training field. George was actually training, Aki was just watching and Danny wasn't really sure if George was aware of Aki's presence. The camp was quite, as it always is at the beginning of summer, but it was odd. Odd because Danny expected that with the arrival of the new camp kids, there would be more buzz. "I suppose they're not here yet," Danny muttered to himself trying to look above a hill to see any commotion.

After standing there for a moment, Danny got bored and headed towards Aki and George. A grin grew on Danny's face as he tip toed closer towards Aki. He was... a prankster as most knew about his stuns throughout the camp. Most called him immature and disregarded Danny's actions. But he got bored at the camp sometimes, and no one was hardly around when he was serious or "mature". Danny thought it felt odd though, being so old, yet being treated like a small child. "But it is fun!" Danny smiled to himself.

Now hiding behind the weapons shed, Danny watched Aki, watching George. Aki was playing with a flame, a small flame, just passing it back and forth between hands. Danny snapped his fingers and waved his arm, and the ground around Aki started to get soaked and wet. The area around him was turning into a large puddle. Sure, the prank wasn't that good, but it was more the reaction Danny was looking for.

Last edited by Danny on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:11 pm

ooc, its aki again >.< I nicked a load of stuff off old Bios of mine and kinda threw them into one.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:18 pm

ooc - Sorry, my bad!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:37 pm

ooc not ur fault, I only recently spotted my mistake

bic:

Aki started to feel a dampness soaking into his back, then on the under side of his thighs. At first he was perplexed, and opened his eyes to look up at the sky, he then tilted his head and saw the growing pool of water around him.

As quickly as he could Aki lept to his feet, he tried to make it look graceful, planned, but the effect was somewhat ruined as Aki slipped and landed on one knee in the puddle.
    "DANNY!" he yelled looking around for the guy.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:42 pm

Danny died of laughter as he stumbled out from behind the weapons shed, holding his sides. His face was growing red from all the laughter and he was gasping for breath. A tear or two even reached his eyes.

"Thank was the reaction I was looking for!" Danny tried to say in between laughs. "Man, you should of seen your face!" He continued to laugh as he watched Aki, his anger slowly growing. "Come on! It was funny!" Danny sighed, slowly regaining his composure. Slowly.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:10 pm

The sun beats down on the sands of the training grounds, a slight breeze whisking up the dirt and sand into small, localized tornadoes in the centre. Despite the new arrivals from the Roman Camp, most of the campers are continuing with their day-to-day routines, be they studying, relaxing, engaging in war games or just training in the arena. There are several Demigods hacking away at training dummies around the outskirts, or practising their marksmanship at straw and wooden targets at the far end of the yard, but the centre of the arena is reserved for training bouts between two, four, maybe even six people. There are three or four of the pitches, relatively small in size compared to the rest of the arena, but large enough to handle slightly large groups of people...anything bigger than six, though, and you have to take it into a war game.

Most of these pitches are deserted, nobody particularly feeling like training today, but the corner closest to the entrance to the arena is occupied. Two warriors face each other across the space, neither willing to move first. One is clad in heavy hoplite armour, a celestial bronze curaiss, vambraces, tasset and greaves, complete with a full helmet with only a small space for the eyes to peer out of, separated by a narrow nose guard. The helmet is sporting a crimson plumage that runs from the top of the head down the back of the neck, tapering off as it reaches the base of the neck. The armour is a dull metallic red rather than the gold usually seen in the popularisations of Greek armour, and the joint-plates have barely visible raised designs of faces twisted into horrified screams. One gauntleted hand grasps a long, slender blade- longer than a Gladius, but shorter than a longsword, it's obviously custom made and designed to be wielded in one hand- whilst the left hand holds a dark red shield. The shield is unadorned, save for a small black boar in the centre, its tusks dripping with shadowed gore.

The other figure, however, is a stark contrast to the heavily armoured soldier in front of him. Only lightly armoured in boiled leather and the odd bit of steel plate, his armour completely black and sporting a small silver wolf in the centre of his chest. His head is unarmoured, save for a small metal lip that runs around his collar, and his face is one of grim smugness. He doesn't hold a shield, and his hands are only clad in very thin chainmail, layered above a pair of leather gloves. In his right hand, he holds a longsword with a wolf head pommel and crossguard, the blade itself seeming to drink in the light around it, the Stygian Iron hungry for all forms of life and light. It won't kill the other one, of course; the blades have been dulled for this exercise, enchanted so that they can do no harm, save for a temporary flare of pain if you're struck. And the pain of being smashed in the head by steel, of course.

Murdoch cracks his neck slowly, taking a few paces to the right, keeping his eye on the warrior across from him. He keeps his sword hand on the opposite side to the soldier. The Aires camper watches him warily, following his progress as he too begins to circle. Funny. Only a couple of days ago, he seemed so sure of himself, so confident in his abilities when he challenged Murdoch to the duel. Even with his friends watching- they're at the side of the patch of sand, baying and egging their friend on- he's wary. Why is that, Murdoch wonders...did he ask around, try and do some research on him? Doubtful. He probably doesn't want to make a mistake in front of his friends.

The gang that he's confronting now have been a problem since day one. All sons or daughters of Aries, the four eighteen year olds came to camp thinking that they were the best at everything, and have never allowed anyone to forget it. Oh, they stayed in a separate part of the camp, but from what Murdoch has heard, they throw their weight around a lot. Murdoch never gets involved in training bouts or wargames- if he does, he just dances around until they get tired or bored- and these louts obviously heard about it, because they soon began to attempt to torment him as much as they could. The truth is, he hasn't found someone that would give him a good enough challenge to be fun, unless he used his powers...but then they would question how a Son of Hermes got the powers he possesses. Better to allow everyone to assume that he has no special abilities at all, and only use them if he needs them. His skill has gotten him through the few monster encounters he's had, and not just his skill at arms. Half of his encounters have been escaped through using his head.
    The gang got the message soon enough that Murdoch was not going to be goaded, and they soon turned their attentions on others, until they decided that it was much safer to goad someone who didn't fight back or report them...courtesy of a stern talking to from Chiron.

There are four of them, three males and a female, and it is one of the males he faces now. Just three days ago, Murdoch discovered one of the gang members- the one he's facing now- sexually harassing a younger girl. She's sixteen, and a daughter of Aphrodite; Murdoch remembered her from a few weeks ago, when he had been stung by some venomous creature or other, and she had tended his wound. It was fine, and it would have healed on its own- Murdochs father gave him an immunity to most venoms- but he didn't say anything. Not only would it raise questions about his parentage, but he rather enjoyed her attentions. He may be a loner, but he isn't homosexual. Alaya, he believes her name is, and she is a beauty; fair complexion and golden hair that falls down to her waist, she may not be the most ample girl in the world, but what shape she does have is certainly pleasing. The most striking thing about her, though, is her eyes; brilliantly bright green eyes stare out of the frail, gently curved face, and they almost seem to sparkle. Of course, she is a daughter of Aphrodite, so she is going to a beauty, but she was also kind, especially to him, the weird loner who has spent much of his life at the camp, but never with people.

He had felt obliged to help when he had discovered this lout making lewd comments and suggestions to her, and the girl had obviously been near to tears- she isn't the boldest of people, which is likely why he targeted her- and Murdoch had intervened. A conversation of hot air from the Aries knave and of cold remarks from Murdoch later, and they had a duel set for today. He had cursed himself later for getting involved in a duel- it would have to be played just right to come off the way he hoped- but the way Alaya had looked at him afterwards, with the gratitude usually reserved for a superhero, more than made up for it. The louts friends- and the leader of the gang, the girl- are cheering Jake on, in similar attire to him, and Alaya is watching the duel from the opposite side of the arena, obviously attempting to try and get as far away as possible from the gang. Murdoch can't exactly blame her. He does notice, though, that occasionally one of the men look towards her and grin or wink or just smile a little, and Alaya flinches...they may not be targeting her now, but they will do as soon as Murdoch is out of sight for long enough.

Jake- the Aries camper- sneers as he flexes his shield arm and adjusts his grip on the sword. He's preparing to attack, Murdoch knows it. Probably make some snide comment and charge in like that boar on his shield to try and get it over with quickly and cleanly...well, as cleanly as a boar can make anything, that is.
    "Are you stupid?" He jeers, "Wearing so little armour to a fight? What are you going to do if a monster hits you, hope the leather stops the tusk?" He laughs condescendingly. "A warrior needs protection more than anything! Are you expecting the primitive tunic to help you?"
    "No," Murdoch answers simply, in a cold voice, "I just won't get hit."
    Jake sneers again. "We'll see about that!" A slight tensing of the muscles is all that Murdoch needs to know; a slight tense and a spring, and Jake is closing the distance between them swiftly, shield drawn in, ready to deflect the thrust he expects. Murdoch has seen it countless times; rush in, tempting them with a target, then turn the blade with the shield and whip your own sword out and either drive up into them or slice them to pieces. Murdoch doesn't fall for it. Instead, he simply steps aside at the last moment, his sword darting up to turn away the surprised and somewhat sloppy strike that the surprised Jake had aimed at Murdochs head. Jake charges again, and this time Murdoch jumps to the left, out of the way of both shield and sword. Jake turns slowly, keeping an eye on Murdoch, and takes a step towards him, more cautiously this time. Good. He's learning.

His sword lashes out, aiming at Murdochs midriff, but Murdoch jumps backwards out of the way, sending the sword whistling through the air. He jumps back again as the sword cuts the air again, then jumps to the side as Jake attempts a thrust. He attempts a thrust again, but this time Murdoch steps in and to the side, using his foot to yank Jakes out from under him, sending him sprawling to the floor from his own momentum. Jake, to his credit, rolls as he hits the floor and is up again in a shower of dust and dirt, and rounds on Murdoch angrily.
    "Stay still and fight, you coward!" He yells.
    Murdoch simply smirks smugly. "Whyever would I do that?"
    Jake just growls angrily and launches another attack.
    Alexis
    Alexis

Post by Alexis Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:29 pm

Everyone was dead. Not literally, but they may as well have been. The air was cold and thin, and just that seemed to make people tired. Amelia hated silence, there was too much room for thoughts to wander, and her mind would quickly become a mess of bad ideas. The excitement of flying had long since worn off, and even the youngest were desperate to get off the carriage. Amelia seemed to be the only one unable to sleep; did the thin air, height and sharp turns not make anyone else feel queasy? She turned in her seat and kicked the leg of the younger boy in the seat opposite her own. He grumbled and stirred a little. He looked about fourteen, but Amelia couldn’t remember his name.

“Psst” She whispered loudly, kicking him again. He jumped awake and for a moment looked angry until he saw who it was, then his expression quickly relaxed into annoyance. “What do you want?” He grumbled rubbing his eyes and looking around where they were. “How far away was the camp supposed to be?” She asked him, still keeping her voice a loud whisper. Of course she remembered perfectly, but this just seemed like the only way to kill a few more minutes.

“Three hours, now just let me sleep” He turned away before she could say anything more. She began braiding her hair again rather than disturb anyone else, and searched for a god place to look. Down was a problem, heights made her nervous, and the dense forest didn’t help. If they tumbled there would be little chance of survival for most. The great white horse powering the carriage forward and up sent back what felt like gusts of wind to the passengers in the already cold air.

People were jumped awake as the dissent started and the wind pushed back at their faces. Amelia reached out and clung to the seat in front, closing her eyes. Her ears popped at the same time as the swaying, and they were on solid ground. It took a moment for her to regain her balance, but she was still one of the first ones out of the carriage. Still holding the side of it, she took a look around the camp. A pool of other kids waited by the entrance, craning their necks to get a good look at the newcomers. There seemed to be a lot more of them, but it was hard to tell from the distance.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:36 pm

The humid heat and lack of wind made the air stale and heavy, sweating you out even if you sat still under the shade. What little wind there was, was coming from the South, so it was already thick and moist itself. I debating maybe going for a swim, but I wanted to be on grounds more should anything involving the arrival of our ‘guests’ occur. Sure, we may be all bunking it in together, but they’re still on our campgrounds, our land, and our forests. No one knew them better than the generations that have come here. We’ll keep ‘em in line, you can be sure of that.

Now, for the pestering heat. What if.. I say, got some wind from the West? It’s always a cool breeze, minus the chill that makes you want a sweater in the middle of July. I couldn’t make it stay permanently, but I could shift a bit of things to make it last an hour maybe, then the Southern winds would take over. “An hour is still an hour.” Wind was one of the more simpler things to do, and only took a couple seconds if you know what you’re doing. I put up one hand so my palm was facing the south, and like I’d made a barrier, the humid air settled down for a bit. Turning my face towards the West, I inhaled and moments later, the cool wind hit my face, moving my hair and drying the sweat on my forehead. I kept it going for about 30 seconds, and I let the hold on them go. The wind from the West kept up, so I knew it’d stick for the hour. Ease the mood at camp? I doubt it. “I’m going to start making smoke signals in a minute if I don’t find someone.”

I really was beginning to sound like.. One of them. The people I spend 10 months out of the year with, the people who I’d rather see drown then have to go back to. Sure, some of them I’d made good friends with, but it was an act that really just took over during those 10 months. Like I had a split personality on shift, and the real Kristie came out when I was here. She wouldn’t be able to handle the world with them.. Not without screwing something up. Kristie, me, the real one, has a.. Temper problem. Always has, and in the past year it’s gotten stronger than ever. Hopefully my sentence would involve staying with my parents, instead of being cast into them. That.. I wouldn’t be able to tolerate.

I use to be extremely shy, quite, but curious about anything and everything. When my brother was training, I was reading. When people were fighting, I was hiding behind my mother, even at my older ages. I was never one for the ‘Hero’ status, and I was never born to be one. Oh, I had it though, for about two hours. Good riddance of the blasted thing! It was the end to my stage of arrogance, I couldn’t be happier. I was.. Mean. Very high-strung, selfish. Even if I was innocent, I was better off like this. Weak. “Ah, now I see them. Everyone decided to pop into existence, eh? Hmm.. I can always find selected people near the training grounds, even if they aren’t training.” It’s just slang for the area, everyone knows what I’m talking about when I mention it. Well, off I go.
    Daylight Shadow
    Daylight Shadow

Post by Daylight Shadow Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:50 pm

As my black stallion reaches the top of the hill I look around the fields and woods surrounding me. I spot the camp stationed downhill and my stallion canters towards it. The wind pushes my hood backwards and lets my long hair flowing behind me. I inherited my mother's powers and beauty. It’s a curse. I can't walk down a street without people staring at me, their eyes budging out of their sockets; Perverts.
    I canter to the entrance of the camp and my stallion slows down to a walk as I pull my hood over my head, shadowing my eyes. In the yard in front of me I see three guys. One is fighting a puppet, the other soaking wet – probably form the puddle next to him, and the other trying to regain himself from laughing too hard. I take a deep breath and my black stallion breaks into a slow canter before entering the camp.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:53 pm

Aki pointed violently at Danny, so violently in fact that a small tongue of flame shot out about 3 feet in Danny's direction.
    "This was my best hoodie, I mean seriously, its gonna take me a few hours to dry and no it was not funny, I mean seriously man, grow up"

Aki reached down and picked up his now muddy weapons, cleaning them on his already ruined hoodie he sheathed them.
    Daylight Shadow
    Daylight Shadow

Post by Daylight Shadow Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:02 pm

"Excuse me, where are the stable?" I ask the guy dripping with water, I look from him to the other guy he pointed at as I took another deep breath. "Im surounded by idiots" I think to myself. My stallion shakes his head in agreement and a small laugh escapes my lips. I cough to try to hide it "Also could I have some water? Im dying of thirst."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:09 pm

Aki turned and faced the new arrival, she was tall and blonde. He slicked back his hair, not trying to be cool just to get it our of his eyes.

"Urm yeah, go past the Cabins to the left and it should be the red tiled building"

Aki lowered his head and shook his hair, droplets of water going everywhere.
    Daylight Shadow
    Daylight Shadow

Post by Daylight Shadow Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:16 pm

My stallion broke into a canter, pushing him back into the puddle. This time I couldn't help it and I let out a laugh as I look at Him over my shoulder as I pass the Cabins. I jump off my horse when I reach the stables. A stable boy rushes out and leads my horse into a clean stable. I walk back to the yard and lean against a wall, looking at my new surrounding.
    Alexis
    Alexis

Post by Alexis Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Some of the others had already started mingling with the others already. Amelia pursed her lips as she took a few staggering steps towards the entrance, yes, there were definitely more of them, and she was doubtful all where even there. Immediately she wanted to go back, she was notorious for hating the camp, and for running away on multiple occasions, but she always came back. Her camp was something familiar, she had always known exactly where everything was, who to avoid and who to trust. Everything seemed to be changing where she stood. Teenagers, of all different ages swarmed about whispering, some glancing up at her. She could almost read their thoughts, newcomer, doesn’t know a thing. It was strange now, to receive the looks she had so often given to others. She kept her shoulders back, and walked towards the buildings on the horizon, her bag on her shoulder.

It would be hard not to get lost, the space was bigger, there were more people, and Amelia couldn’t seem to remember what cabin she had been assigned. All she remembered was that there were ‘counterparts’ or something like that. Where they going to room together? She hoped not, the only people she wanted to room with where the people she had always roomed with, for most of her life. The forest wasn’t far, she could run for it. Amelia glanced down at her shoes, brand new, she hadn’t had time to fix them up yet.

Despite what many thought, Amelia needed constancy. It got boring with the same routines and surroundings, but this was too much too fast. Already she had lost the few familiar faces into the crowd. She placed the back of one of her cold hands against her forehead and frowned. A headache, that was all it was, everyone else had slept on the way over. Once she was rested up she would feel better. But there was still the problem of finding her cabin.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:04 pm

"It was a joke!" Danny smiled, walking towards Aki. Of course Danny had to stop when the flames almost surrounded him, and by that time, the smile had faded from his face.

Suddenly, a girl rode down from the hills. She had the presence of a goddess. And the way he was feeling, it was most likely Aphrodite. But he'd seen sons and daughters from Aphrodite before, and this face was new, was different to Danny. Was she one of the new kids? A daughter of Venus perhaps?

Danny watched the girl ride away before he turned back to Aki. He turned back to Aki where he noticed that he was back in the puddle. "Here, let me help you up," Danny said with a smile, though he meant it sincerely.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:07 pm

Jake launches himself at Murdoch with a flurry of strokes and swipes, all of which Murdoch either deflects or evades, dancing back lightly; if he gets embroiled in a battle of strength, the result may well become something that Murdoch doesn't want. At least if they play his game, he can be sure he's winning.
    Murdoch deflects a thrust easily, sweeping his blade in a crescent moon to send the blade wide, using the momentum to spin the opposite way, around Jake. He takes a few light steps backwards, just out of range of him, tempting him to attack again. Sure enough, Jake turns around and barely pauses before he moves his shield out of the way, bringing his blade around into a backhanded slash, one that Murdoch easily deflects with his blade. They both take a step backwards, and Murdoch looks closely at his opponent. That last attack was definitely slower than the others, and sloppy besides, and Aries campers usually take pride in their precise, surgical strikes. On closer inspection, the once-fair face of the combatant is now red and puffed up, and Murdoch can hear the heavy breathing and see the rapid rising and falling of Jakes chest. That's exactly what he was aiming for, and exactly why he never wears heavy armour; armour is good for keeping you protected, but in a drawn-out fight with an agile opponent, it can be a hinderence. If you wear armour, you will get hot, tired and worn out a lot faster than a lighter armoured combatant, and you'll be slower besides; that's why Murdoch has been able to dance out of the way of so many of Jakes attacks so far, and why Jake is almost completely exhausted when Murdoch is barely out of breath.

"We can take a five minute break, if you want," Murdoch says flatly. Neither the words nor the tone are particularly antagonistic, but Jakes nostrils flare, precisely what Murdoch wanted. Aries campers are blinded by their arrogance and pride, and will become incensed at the idea that they have to rest in a duel or a battle; their father is the God of War, after all, so 'they shouldn't need to rest! they can fight just as long as anyone else!' Foolish, of course, but Murdoch can use it. Sure enough, Jake bellows a wordless roar and charges forwards again, and Murdoch allows himself a grim smile. It's time to end this farce.
    Jake charges, temper aflame- Aries campers always seem to have a temper; it must be genetic or something- and draws his arm back so that the blade is parallel to his waist. He snarls and thrusts forwards when he gets in range, but as soon as Murdoch had seen the arm begin to tense, he was already moving, spinning to the side as Jake charged past. Coming out of his spin quickly, he doesn't dance backwards, but instead brings his blade up and around and, grasping it with both hands, carves it down Jakes lower leg, causing Jake to cry out in shock and temporary pain. The blade leaves no mark, but the simulated pain forces him to one knee. He attempts to rise, but Murdoch pivots from his attack on Jakes calf and smashes him in the side of the head with the flat of the blade. Even wearing a helmet, that's going to hurt- especially with the speed that blade was going- and without a sound, Jake crumples to the floor, falling over sideways in a cloud of dust.
    And just like that, it's over.

As he turns away, he hears something. The baying and cheering of the gang has stopped, and instead the leader- Beth- is calling out to him. "Hey! Hey, You!" Murdoch turns a little wearily, but keeps his face and body composed. The three remaining Aries children are jumping the barrier and advancing towards him, hands fiddling with the hilts of their weapons restlessly. This isn't a good sign. Aries children only play with their weapon when they're nervous, irritable, restless or angry, and all four scenarios end up with someone getting stabbed. At least their weapons are bound similarly to Murdochs.

They come to a stop a few feet away from him, the two males- the twins Dominic and Jamie- a foot or so closer than Beth. Beth, the only one of the three not wearing a helmet, shakes out her flame-red hair and turns her sharp brown eyes on Murdoch, a look of withering contempt on her face, turning her otherwise-comely-looking face ugly with the sneer.
    "You cheated," She states. It isn't a question.
    Murdoch raises an eyebrow and makes a 'huh' sound. "Did I? Explain, please, so I don't repeat it in future." He has to struggle to keep the sarcasm out of his voice.
    She tosses her head again, a habit that Murdoch notices she has when she's angry. "This is meant to be a duel, a fight between two warriors, an honourable clashing of swords and steel!" She says, her voice raising. She's getting even more angry just saying it out loud...although, Murdoch hadn't realised she was so naive. Real combat doesn't work like that, and she should know it...fighting isn't romantic, it isn't clean and clinical, it isn't one-on-one sparring. Real fighting, real war, real death is blood and dirt and dust, mixing in the air, in your nostrils, infecting your lungs, the smell of death and decay invading your nostrils, all around you, the sounds of dying animals and men assaulting your ears, last cries and barks and groans thundering into your skull, blood on your hands, your face, your chest, your sword, everything, the stench of violence and pointless, pointless loss of life everywhere...it isn't romantic. It's horrific and violent and messy. Real combat isn't a training duel.

"Our steel clashed, didn't it?" Murdoch asks innocently, shifting his grip on his blade.
    Beth snorts contemptuously. "Technicalities. The point is, you disrespect the very nature of honourable combat. You insult the very sand you stand on with your cowardice...you don't fight with honour!"
    Murdoch considers it for a moment, then concedes the point. "No," He says, "I don't." He pauses for a few moments, before turning a little and pointing towards the form of Jake, lying in the dirt. It's a surprise that nobodies moved to help him, but from what Murdoch has seen of Jake, nobody likely cares. "He did." Murdoch says it simply and matter-of-factly, and the implication isn't lost on the Aries children. They hiss a little, and Beth tosses her head again.
    "Dominic, Jamie, teach him a lesson in honour," she says, stepping backwards a little. Murdoch wonders at that for a moment; she's letting someone else do the fighting? What kind of Daughter of Aries is she? But then he has no more time to think, as the twins are on him. He jumps backwards, out of the way of a stroke from Dominic, and brings his blade up in time to turn aside a thrust from Jamie, before having to reverse the direction of the blade to intercept a swift cut from Dominic. He spins on the spot, stepping out of the way of both of them, watching them warily. He'll have to play this right; defeat all of them, and people will pay him undue attention- how does a Son of Hermes with little known training experience come to defeat three Children of Aries at once? No, his past is best not explored, so he needs to avoid that. The other alternative is...difficult, but not unattainable. He needs to put up enough of a fight so that they know he's capable, but ultimately take a dive so they save face and don't come after him with renewed vigour, and so that they redirect their attention to him or- preferably- someone else, an easier target- ok, it's selfish, but this is a dog-eat-dog world- and forget about him and his little protectee, Alaya.

The twins attack again, Dominic thrusting towards him. As Murdoch twists out of the way, he catches sight of Jamies blade whistling towards his unprotected head, and only just manage to duck out of the way. Pivoting, he strikes Jamie hard in the leg, forcing a grunt and stagger from him, but before he can capitalize on the advantage, Dominics blade flashes down and, although Murdoch deflects it, he is forced backwards. They're well drilled to fight as a team, that much is obvious. Whenever Dominic attacks, Jamie follows up to compliment his style and vice versa, and when Murdoch attacks, they defend each others blind spots. It might be easier to throw this fight than he originally thought...but not yet. Dominic launches himself towards Murdoch, but an upward stroke from Murdoch deflects the blade, and a quick pivot in his hand brings the sword down to strike harshly on the backplate, forcing Dominic to stagger. Murdoch twists and barely manages to avoid a thrust from Jamie, and has to hit the deck and roll to the side in order to escape the following down-cut. He springs to his feet, watching the pair warily.

"Enough." A voice says simply, and Murdoch turns his head slightly. Beth is the one that spoke, and now has a trident and net in her hand. Difficult weapons to beat one-on-one, but three-on-one? That's nearly impossible. Murdoch might be light on his feet, but one misstep and he's fishbait, no pun intended...perfect. The best way to throw a fight; fight a superior weapon. He could summon his staff, but that would not only draw suspicion as to how he could do that, it would also make it harder to throw the fight like he wants. He equipped the sword for a good training session- a staff would have beaten Jake far too easily- and now it seems the best choice of the two. "Must I do everything myself?" She grumbles.

Beth shifts her grip on the spear, and Murdoch doesn't waste time. Darting in, he aims a two handed strike at her, one which she deflects with the lower half of her trident, before bringing the pointed end around in an attack on his head. Murdoch manages to bring his blade around to catch the blow, moving his hand the the blunt bit of the blade, the staff being caught on the parrying hooks, reversing his entire grip on the blade. Sweeping down and around, he steps over the shaft of the staff as he reverts back to the original grip and swings his blade around at her head. She deflects it, and Murdoch dances backwards as she pivots on the spot. He catches movement from the corner of his eye and turns just in time to catch Jamies swing at his chest on his blade, flicking his sword up towards the air as he turns and brings his blade down firmly on Dominics head, who had stepped in to attempt a thrust at Murdochs exposed back. Dominic goes down, but as Murdoch turns around, he catches sight of Beth swinging the staff around her head. With one hand at either end of her staff, each hand holding an end of the net, she swings it around to flap the net out, then spins, trailing the net alongside her in her twist before releasing it, sending it flying through the air towards him. Murdoch could have tried to get out of the way, could have teleported to another area, could have rolled out of the way- although a good throw, the net is a little high and can be ducked under- this offers Murdoch the chance to throw the fight convincingly. He allows the net to crash into him, tangling itself around him as he crashes to the ground roughly in a spray of dirt and a cloud of dust. He doesn't bother struggling; it'll just make it worse.

He looks up at the two remaining Children of Aries, putting on his best look of resignation. Beth and Jamie stand above him, weapons drawn. "I guess I've learned my lesson," Murdoch says, feigning contriteness. Beth just sneers.
    "No you haven't. Not yet." For the first time, Murdoch can feel real fear grip him. Here he is, tangled in a net, defenceless...and these two Children of Aries are standing over him, tempers aflame at his fighting style and his dispatching of their friends. Sure, they may leave him alone after this...but it isn't after. Not yet. This may represent a...small miscalculation. He just hopes that A) Alaya has the sense not to watch, and B) that she doesn't become a target for some last, retributional abuse. From the looks in their eyes, he can guess that at least B) isn't going to happen.

He wants to close his eyes, but he doesn't. Face pain and death and fear head on, or it will consume and control you. That's his creed. His belief. He won't betray it.
    But it's hard to keep to it when the first blow lands. It smashes across his ribs, sending a shot of searing agony through his torso, and he struggles to keep his eyes locked with Beth. She strikes his legs with her trident, and his eyes water. The blows increase in frequency, and soon he has his eyes shut tight, resisting the urge to curl up into a ball. He will at least stay out of the fetal position. He will not give them the satisfaction...and for that reason, he refuses to cry out. He will endure the pain. He has felt worse than this. He bites his tongue hard, so hard it bleeds, but still he doesn't cry out, even when the pain from the blows fuses into one searing agony. No permanent damage is likely to result from this, and the pain from the blows themselves will mostly pass after the beating ceases, but it doesn't help him now. Now, he wants to cry out for mercy...but no. That will make them beat him harder, and make them see him as weak, undoing the fight he just threw. He will grit his teeth and bear it, and they will stop soon.
    Except that they don't. The moments stretch on and on, and he feels himself getting closer and closer to crying out. Beth says something, and laughs, but he is too far gone at this point in time to understand her words. He just hopes Alaya isn't watching this. He doesn't want her feeling responsible, or have her watching abuse like this. She's a nice girl, and innocent in all of this. The only consolation is that maybe he'll have her sympathy again when they've finished. He would smile if he wasn't in such pain.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:09 pm

Before I even read that ^ ..

Murdoch, you make us look lazy my friend -.-
    Daylight Shadow
    Daylight Shadow

Post by Daylight Shadow Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:12 pm

I walk towards the two guys next to the puddle "I'm sorry, my stallion has bad manner." I take my hood off and smile. "Hmm.. the son of Poseidon and the son of Hephaestus. That makes sense"
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:15 pm

Lol....sorry. Not all my posts will be that big, but I want to get my opening out of the way. But...you know, a little help wouldn't go amiss...XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:25 am