Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

5 posters

The final pursuit. Alix and Faith

Alix Labe
    Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Read Me The final pursuit. Alix and Faith

Post by Alix Labe Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:55 pm

This roleplay will include two people .The Runners, and those of Project Icarus.
    Runners:
    This city used to pulse with energy, dirty and dangerous, but alive and wonderful. Now it’s something else. The changes came slowly at first. Most didn’t realize or didn’t care and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life. Some didn’t and those who chose not to conform, were pushed to the sidelines….Criminalized. They became our clients.
    We call ourselves runners. We exist on the edge, between the gloss and the reality. The Mirrors Edge. We keep out of trouble…out of sight, And the cops don’t bother us much.
    Runners see the city in a different way .we see the flow. Rooftops become pathways. Conduits become possibilities and escape routes. The flow is what keeps us running. What keeps us Alive.
    Project: Icarus As runners, you may encounter police officers who have many abilities similar to a Runner. These people are known as "Pursuit Cops"
    These Pursuit Cops are fast and agile. They wear blue uniforms and a dark black-green body armor over it. Along with full head masks, they are armed with Smoke Grenades and Tasers. They are also able to attack Runners using more specialized melee attack moves and dodges, like jump kicking and rolling to safety. Because of their training, they can also follow Runners to more places compared to the other Blues. That means they can follow Runners even if they jump over fences and travel across buildings.
    Project: Icarus is a program designed to train the police to be like Runners in order to capture and/or kill and cease the transportation of information. Project Icarus is the 'weapon of choice' for the government's mission to kill Runners and cease transportation of information.
    All runners have a tattoo on their body like so-
    https://media.photobucket.com/image/runner+tattoo+mirrors+edge/eldanner/Cosplay/FaithsTattoo2.jpg?o=2

I'll go ahead and post my bio then.

Name: Alix Labe
    Hair color: Brown, Long and shaggy
    Eye color: Green
    Physical appearance: Lean, but muscular. His muscles are clearly visible. Can handle himself in a fight.
    Outfit: Tan shorts with rip showing that it was worn from years of use, and a black polo with stains from bleach.
    Personality: He is very laid off of duty, but on duty he doesn’t talk much. While off duty he liked to hang out at the bar, or run around the rooftops of the city.
    Weapon: Tazer and smoke grenades
    History: He used to be a runner, before his brother, Joseph, got busted for being a runner and the police would have sent his brother to prison, if he didn’t agree to being a pursuit cop. Ever since then he has been busting runners that had once been his friends, and trying to get rid of his brother’s debt to the police. He has now caught a total of 23 runners, and was a few away from finally paying off the heavy debt.

Last edited by Alix Labe on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Read Me Re: The final pursuit. Alix and Faith

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:46 pm

I'm here, have any ideas?
    Alix Labe
    Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:56 pm

No, not really. How about you? Smile
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:02 pm

Not really, Maybe we can talk about it tomorrow? I'm about to head off
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:22 am

Can I ask you to move this to the RPG advertising area please? Thank you.
    Alix Labe
    Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:45 am

I don't know how -.-
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:21 am

This isn't an advertisement so ignore Murdoch. It's a soon-to-be Role-play that just doesn't have a setting yet.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:22 am

It does need to be moved to the 1-1 though.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:08 am

I think you'll find that, since it isn't an RP, it doesn't belong in any RP one besides the advertisement section. That one deals with soon-to-be's and advertising ones that haven't started yet. So don't ignore me, thanks, Faith.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:01 pm

We are discussing the setting as we speak. We go to the same school and we are trying to write a new roleplay. If you're going to talk to him about putting it in the advertisements, then talk to the other people that also have un-started Role-plays in the one-on-one and other forums.

Does that mean that any rp that hadn't begun yet that's a group rp needs to be in the advertisement section?

Why would any Roleplay be put in Advertisements? That seems like a waste of time and a disagreement that didn't have to happen.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:48 pm

Hey guys, I'm going to move this to the one-on-one section if it's just you two. If you decide to create a new post advertising this roleplay in the correct section and things change and it turns into a group roleplay, send me a PM and I'll move it back. I really don't mind doing the moving numerous times, it's super simple =)
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:56 pm

Just sayin' that the original post should have been put in the RP advertisement section. Thems the rules Smile
    Alix Labe
    Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:12 pm

okaayyy.... now thats done with.... have any ideas Faith?
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Character Bio

Basic

Name: Faith Wynters
    Sex: Female

Features

Species: Human
    Ethnic: Caucasian
    Skin color: Very Pale. Although she is out in the sun a lot, she keeps her pale crème color
    Tattoo: Faith has a tattoo on the side of her body like every other Runner. It’s a symbol of hidden loyalty. It starts right above her bottom and curves around her body just below her breast. It keeps her safe when most can’t see it. Faith’s Tattoo
    Height: 5’5”
    Build: Faith is rather muscular for a woman. Although she still looks like a female, her arms and legs are built well enough fo her to climb her way up buildings. She still has curves however.
    Weight: 135 Lbs
    Hair (color/style): White/ Silver Her Hair is short so it keeps out of her line of sight
    Eyes: Magenta/ Large

Dressware

Faith really doesn’t go out anywhere where she would need a really prim and proper dress attire. Usually, when Faith is out and about, she’s running packages from one part of the city to another. That means she wears something like this: Red is another sign of the runners. Although it is Faith’s favorite color, she seems to have grown fonder of it as the years went by.

About Character

Relationship status: Single, You can’t get too attached to anyone when they could get captured by pursuit cops.
    Sexuality: Bi-Sexual
    Personality: Faith is very quiet around people. She does enjoy talking, but as the years have gone by, she’s realized that she cannot have friends when there are enemies in the worlds. She has a few people she trusts completely with her life and when she’s around them, she speaks and jokes and laughs. If she’s ever being chances by pursuit cops, she’s very joking and teasing. She knows she’s a better runner than any of the people that claim to be protecting the city. Therefore, she can calm herself when in sticky situations. When angry, Faith is a girl that you don’t want to be in front of.
    Hobbies: Running, sleeping
    Background/secret: Faith was shoved into the real world at a young age. No matter how hard she tries to remember, she cannot. She woke up one day on the streets of the large expanse of the city. A man came across her and raised her, helped re onto her feet. She couldn’t remember anything from the years before. She has no idea who her parents are or what left her on the streets. Little did Faith know at the time, the man that was helping her get back to health was a runner. James is like a father figure to Faith and no matter what seems to happen, he’s always there for her. He now, sets up most of the contacts since he is too old to run.
    Preferred weapon: Faith doesn’t like to use weapons, but she carries a pistol on her person at all times. It’s just for safety purposes.
    Medical disorder: Amnesia
    Alix Labe
    Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:53 pm

I gasped for air as I cruched on the roof of one of the biggest buildings in town. The wind chilled my back as I stood up and looked down on the unforgiving city. It looked like a normal place on the outside but on the inside it was full of trouble. I had been working for the people that working, who arrested my brother for quite some time now, and it would only take just one more runner. Just one so that he could go free, and so I can go back to my old life. Being a runner after what I have done will be hard, but i'm sure that I could do it. I had too. There was nothing I have left. I sighed as ran forward, and began to slide down the single arch that scaled itself down the building. The wind blew my hair out of my face as the slope became more and more steep. I jumped off in the nic of time, and grabbed a pipe that was jutting out of a building. I startled a business man that in front of me but ignored him as I hit the ground. I heard him cursing behind me and began walking. I need a drink.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:45 pm

Silence pulled through the air. The warmth of spring in a city bustling with life, bustling with energy was something that I couldn’t keep to myself. I watched silently. The city was unforgiving in the light. To those who were normal, everything was something to be proud of, but this wasn’t. I watched as they hit her, blood splattering on the ground. Two pursuit cops watched and laughed as she struggled to get to her feet. She knew that if she could just get up, she could be gone before any of them knew what was happening.

I wanted to help her, but I couldn’t. She had been caught, she was theirs now. No one could save her from two of them. It wasn’t my fault she was bad at her job. I sighed, turning as I heard her last scream. The door of the truck that would haul her off slammed shut as I began walking. Another one of us fell to the feet of those in control.

I begin to jog, quietly watching the gap in front of me as it came closer. I grunt, feeling my body pulse with the energy that flows through the city. This was life now, like it always had been. I was silent a moment as I took the leap, landing on the rooftop ahead of me.

You’ve got another package to deliver” The voice rang in my ear. The earpiece vibrated to get my attention as he spoke. I took in a short breath.

“Give me the coordinates on where the package is located, James” I smiled as I slowed down to a stop. The sun above me warmed my skin. The rise in emissions from older cars and trains and factories made every summer seem like it was hotter. There was a small ding as I looked to the watch on my arms. I nodded, I knew where I was going.

I was silent a moment before running, hard, toward the place where I would pick up the package.
    Alix Labe
    Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:26 pm

I stopped jogging and continued to walk. The bar was only a block away now. I grunted as I looked down at my watch and realized I didn't have long before I had to go work. I brushed my hair out of my eyes, as I once again began to jog. I accidentely bumped into another business man, while I thought to myself and guickly told the man that I was sorry. I grumpled his response and continued walking. I walked into the bar and sat down at the table. The waitress quickly recognized me. "Hey, Alix. Tough day at work?" She asked me just to start a conversation. "Yea I did. It sucked just like any other day." I grimaced and began to chug down the beer that she sat before me.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:46 pm

I smile quietly to myself. The day had just begun for me. I coughed quietly, taking in a deep breath as I walked the rooftop. I had made it across the city easily. I had made it to the North-Eastern parts of the high-end houses within five minutes. That’s why I made the large sums of credits and others made miniscule amounts. I could make it here or there in a hurry, for the right price. I smiled lightly to myself as I walked to the small ventilation shaft that held the bright yellow package. I pried the vent cover off quickly and quietly. The pursuit cops would be around, patrolling the rooftops and the lower levels of the city.

The slight metal tinkling that the cover creates as I let it fall on the ground is something not many would probably hear. I pull the yellow cube out of the small hole, shoving it in my black bag. It’s harder to be spotted if you keep the yellow away from the eyes of the public. It was banned to carry yellow bags in the city. If there was no yellow, then no attention would be called to your being. It was the same for red too. If you wore to much red and you were running, you were automatically the scum of the Earth.

I pull my body up, turning on heel to start toward the edge of the building. I looked to the sky a moment before pulling myself toward the edge, looking down.

“James, I need the drop of point” There was silence a moment before I heard the clicking of keys on a keyboard. There was a humming as my watch vibrated. He chuckled quietly, almost as if he knew what he was about to say was going to be a pain in my ass.

“I need you to take it…. There coordinates sent” I looked to my watch hurriedly. I groaned; always the residential suites in the first class parts of the city. It seemed like the rich were the only ones I worked for now and I was always afraid this was a set up job. James promised me he did a background check before he took a job, but I knew he did. We didn’t ask questions, that’s why we were so popular.

I take a short breath before launching myself off the building, onto the rooftops below.
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Hey cool. THIS IDEA. Again.
    Alix Labe
    Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:54 pm

go away allen
    ic- I finished my beer and felt a little tipsy. I let out a burp and raise from my table getting a disgusted look from another one of the waiters that was behind me. I shrugged as I began walking towards the doors. I opened the doors and felt cool air rush in and sorround me making me shiver once again. It was almost time for work, and I still had to change. I sighed as I grabbed a taxi and payed the driver to take me to my house. I thanked the man we had stopped in my house as I got out and went inside the house. I rushed taking a shower and quickly got dressed. I walked out of the house and onto the street. I got my phone and called the number that I despised. I stood there and listened to it ring before someone answered the phone. "Lets get this over with." I said in an aggitated voice.
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:54 pm

Go away? Is it because I'm right?

Again? Annoying, isn't it?
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:57 pm

Allen, I've asked you in private once, I will not ask you again. If you have nothing constructive to say then go away. You are not needed in this thred and I am asking you to please leave us to our Roleplaying.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:19 pm

Jump, roll, slide, and climb. It’s all in a day’s work for me. Every day I go home, slightly more tired than the day before, just to sit up for another few hours thinking. That’s why I’ve been taking more jobs. Every job is another way to get me tired. It helps me sleep. It seems to drain the energy from me just like the city seems to make it pass through my veins.

I slide onto the rooftop that I am expected to be at in twenty minutes. Of course, I can be early, I just can’t be late. I take in a short breath, waiting a moment before pulling myself toward the stairwell door. I am silent, it’s an easy way to work. You do in, drop it off at the door and disappear into the light of the city. I take in a short breath as I made it down the two flights of stairs. I take in a deep breath, trying to keep myself from running through the halls. Attention is never good.

I take in a short breath, coming to a stop at door number 1601, one of only two suites on the floor. This is what I was getting credits for. I knock five times, each with a two second interval. There is a pause, but the door opens, as if the person was waiting at the door.

“Starlet! It’s been forever.” My voice is light and airy as I reach in to give her a hug and poke the woman twice on her left shoulder. I step back, a smile on my lips.

“Oh, Heaven! It’s been so long. What’ve you got from me this time; A package from Uncle Samuel?”

“You know me!” I giggle quietly, pulling the flap of my bag up. I take in a deep breath, pulling the yellow cub out to her. She smiles, but it is more humble now.

“Thank you dear, see you” She smiles, I nod, and the door closes. I turn, closing my bag.

“Package Delivered, James”

“Well done”
    Alix Labe
    Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:28 pm

The other person laughed at my commetn. "Soon Alix, soon. But first nyou must finish what you started. Go, and find me the last runner you owe me and your sweet little brother can go free." There was more laughing beofre the click that showed that we were done talking. I sighed before shoving the phone in my pocket and made my way down the street. It was late so not many people were out at this time. That is why most runners prefered the dark. They were more conspicious. I grunted as I thought of the long night ahead of me.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:52 pm

I watched the dark city below. The lights had cut on below, and the few people that were still out looked like ants below. I was silent a moment, taking in a deep breath. I still had a few jobs to run before the morning. I took in a short breath, a sigh on my lips.

“Where do I need to go next?” There’s a moment of silence as he clicks on something. I don’t know what he is doing on the other side. I take in a deep breath, a sigh on my lips. I wait a moment, crouching down slightly, looking over the city as if I were a hawk watching for prey.

“Coordinates added" I spoke quietly, taking in a deep breath. I pull the glowing red watch up to look at them. I am silent a moment. I have to go down to the bottoms; The taverns and food district. I sigh quietly, taking in a short breath. I wait a moment before jumping off the building. There’s a moment where I’m falling before I land, rolling down to another safe landing. I wait a moment before turning. I walk to the edge of the building. I take in a short breath before dropping down to the edge of the building. I launch myself backwards, grabbing the rain drain that pulled almost all the way to the ground. I wait a moment before starting to descend.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:53 am