Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny)

Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny) - Page 2 Empty There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny)

Post by Danny Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

You're a government worker who has been working on new ways to develop faster healing for people. The current experiment? Supernatural genetics. You whole heartily believe in this project until you come down to the labs to see the progress and see how these supernatural creatures are being treated. This is where you meet me, one of the creatures in the labs who's supplying his DNA and his body for this project. But I've had enough, and I need to escape. Do you help me? Or am I going to force my way through?
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny) - Page 2 Empty Re: There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny)

Post by Danny Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:54 pm

Danny looked up as Vio spoke to him again. He wiped his eyes and smiled slightly. "Yes sir," he nodded his head a couple times as if reassuring himself of what he had just said. "They, uh, chain my wrists," he began as he pulled his sleeves up to show red markings on his wrists. "They're not too bad now. I heal fast," Danny added before continuing. "I'm stuck in the room. Stand or sit. No walking like here. And I stay there until there need uh... DNA samples or testings. It's different each time."
    Danny stands and walks towards the table. Once in front of it, he turns and lifts his shirt revealing multiple whip marks on his back. Most of them have healed, but the recent ones are still pink and tender. "I don't know why they do this. They say its for research, but that's it." Danny put his shirt back down and turn towards Vio.

Looking around the room, Danny took a couple steps back. "When I need water or they hose me down, they always have tie my ankles so I can't move them well either. But you seem nice," Danny added in a peppy tone. "Very different from everyone here. You like to talk. Me too, but no one talks to me. No one else likes to talk, so..." He chuckled a bit, as if he just told a joke, and went back to sitting on the floor. "Maybe a picture behind your chair would look nice."
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny) - Page 2 Empty Re: There Are More Curious Things (Dream/Danny)

Post by Dream Rationally Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:22 pm

As Danny described what he meant with his statement from earlier I found myself frowning just a little bit. All of the things he told me were..not quite what I expected. Of course the subjects would be restrained and carefully handled especially when genetical enhancements were being done but not to this degree. This was almost torture. I realized this when he pulled his shirt up to show me the scars and cuts that lined back and sides. With the suddenness of this action, I could feel my cheeks begin to darken but I quickly suppressed the blush. Now was not the time to be admiring the physique of the person I was interviewing. Once again I was reminded of the thought I had encountered earlier; he was built much better than someone ought to be after having been stuck in a confined area for six years.
    When he finished speaking of the things the scientists did to him, he sat back down on the ground quietly leaving me to finish up with my notes.

The silence was then broken by his voice and I glanced up to look at him, finding he was looking right back up at me. He spoke in what was a flurry of both positive comments and negative comments about the people who work in the facility. His final statement made me chuckle though. I leaned forward slightly and set my pen down for a moment.
    "A picture huh? What kind of picture do you think would look good behind me? " I asked him with a bit of an amused tone while resting in my chin on the palm of my hand. Danny was such an interesting person. It struck me as almost strange. How could someone be so cheerful and happy when he was going through so much?

Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:08 pm

Danny stopped to think a moment. He focused on the area behind Vio's head and starred. "Uhmm..." he began, leaning to the left and right side of Vio's head. "How about... a sunset!" he smiled. "Nice and orange... and there can be birds flying... there's a hill with a tree... or an ocean!" he smile. "So blue. Something outside. Nothing grey or black or white. Colours. Lots of them," he smiled, satisfied with his suggestion to the room. "And maybe, I could have a picture in my room too?" he asked, wondering if it was even possible. "I tried to draw a picture in my room, but the lady robot voice said I wasn't allowed and zapped me, so I can't draw. But if I have a picture I could look at that." Danny stood up and walked to the desk again. He liked move, even if it was constantly to the same place, it was a change that he enjoyed, so he walked in Vio's room has much as possible.

"Uhmm, sir... You said..." he closed his eyes to remember. "Said that uh, you could try and switch rooms for me. I'm thinking that, uh, if you can switch rooms, that you can bring me some food?" he asked before backing away, almost scared of the response he'd get from the question. "I was just thinking that it could help me maybe," he quickly added as if trying to explain why he had ask as if just being hungry was sufficient enough. "But if you can't, that's okay too."
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:36 pm

There was a moment's pause as he thought about my question before he started to describe the picture for me. A sunset with a plethora of colors. My lips turned up in a slight smile as I listened to him describe everything he wanted in it. Again I was reminded of how difficult things must have been for him up until now. The gray walls of this facility were all he could remember and as a result he wanted nothing more than to be surrounded by colors. I nodded my head slowly when he finished.
    Danny then spoke of the new room that I had promised him, or at least said that I would try to get for him.
    "I think that could be arranged for." I answered him just before he turned the focus to food. I blinked.

"Hmm..Let me see what I can do, okay? Stay put in here for a couple minutes." I replied to his request with a smile as I stood up from my seat and moved towards the door I had entered from. As soon as I knocked on it the door flew open and two men stood there ready with what looked like tasers attached to the end of metal sticks. They looked at me first then at Danny behind me before they relaxed a little bit.
    "Sorry, we thought you needed help or something." They admitted to which I laughed.
    "No, no, I just need some food. I've gotten a bit hungry since I got back from my journey. Perhaps something warm would be nice, do you think you could get that for me?" I asked and they both nodded before hurrying off to get some food from the cafeteria.
    I turned back and closed the door.
    "Perhaps I could get them to give you painting supplies..then you could paint that picture yourself." I mused with a grin as I returned to my seat.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:51 pm

Danny stood in his position, watching Vio rise and walk towards the door. He jumped back a bit when the guards burst forward a bit with restrains, but Vio had calmed them down. Danny had to bite down on his lips gently to hold himself from laughing until the guards left (where he burst out in giggles). "They fell for it! I never would have thought of that," he smiled, shaking a bit from the excitement. "Thank you sir." As Vio walked back in the room, Danny ran to the door and looked outside the small glass window to see one guard turning the corner.

The question that Vio asked caused him to look away. "I can't paint. Brushes confuse me, but I like ice drawings. I made a picture of a boy today before it melted away," he said, looking back out the window. It was just as grey and lit the same as when he was brought to this room, but the hallway now seemed brighter and less dull (to Danny that is).
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:14 pm

The exchange between the guards and myself lasted only a minute or two but the moment the door closed the man at the other side of the room burst into a fit of giggles. At first I was a little confused but then he explained himself and I couldn't help but chuckle a little bit as well.
    "Well when you've gotten as many stripes in the military as I have, people tend to follow your orders without question. Being a colonel has its perks." I said with a smile as I sat back down in my seat and picked up my notepad to quickly jot down an observation; the fact that the guards were outfitted for an out of control subject was a little bit unsettling to me. Not so much because it was unnecessary but rather because of how quickly they reacted thinking I was in trouble. Did they often have breakouts?

When I glanced up at Danny again I found him looking towards the window while he explained that he couldn't paint. However the reasoning and explanation that followed caused my brow to furrow in surprise as well as confusion.
    [i]"Hang on, did you say ice?"[i] I frowned for another few seconds before picking up my pen again. Yet I could make no sense of what he had said.
    [i]"What...do you mean by a drawing made of ice?"[i] I asked with a bit of apprehension. What exactly had these people done to this man?

ooc: Sorry about the wait, I had a whole bunch of work due for today that took up the majority of my time.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:33 pm

ooc - No worries!

bic - "Yeah, ice!" Danny had reconfirmed, still looking through the window. "Frozen water." He reiterated his point as if Vio didn't understand and first. "Well," he began to answer his question. "First off-" he started to say, then noticed the guard walking back with a tray of food. Danny had gasped and ran back to the centre of the room, sat down, and starred at the ground, trying to not move or do anything to make the guard think he had done something to aggravate him. A couple minutes later, the door opened and the guard entered with a tray with a burger, some fries, and a small salad. The room immediately filled with the strong smell of beef and potatoes, a smell Danny had to force himself to resist for the moment. As the guard walked in, his eyes were glued on Danny, only briefly glancing at Vio to give him the food, before turning back out the door, his hand on his waist as if Danny was going to lunge. Danny waited a couple of seconds after the guard left before jumping up and grabbing the burger.
    He paused as he bite into it, and he chewed furiously. "I can't remember the last time food had taste." He quickly said before taking another bite out of the burger. A couple bites in, and the burger was done. Danny looked up at Vio, his mouth still chewing the last bits of the burger with a confused look on his face. "Oh, right," he said, referring to the question asked before the food arrived.

"The ice." Danny grabbed the large bottle of water on Vio's desk and walked back to the centre of the room. "Well," he smiled, twisting the lid off and placing the bottle down. "I'm a water bender." He smiled before taking a deep breath. "Watch."
    Danny closed his eyes, before opening his palms wide at waist length. He exhaled from his mouth slowly, before lifting his right arm and dropping his left. As he did this, he swung his left leg around his right and spun in a circle. As he did this, the water inside the bottle lifted out and twirled in a circle with Danny. He opened his eyes with his arms outstretched on either side of him with a circle of water hovering around him. "See," he smiled, not realizing the affect his demonstration had on Vio.

ooc - Just a note, when I said the affect, I wasn't sure how your character wanted to react, so I lift it kinda opening, so do with it what you will.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:33 pm

There was little more I could do than just sit there in front of Danny as he devoured the meal that was supposedly brought in for me. He made short work of pretty much everything on the plate in only a few big bites to the point where I was about to warn him that he was going to get indigestion from eating too quickly. Soon enough though he was finished and he continued to explained what he had meant with ice.
    He placed an open bottle on the table and began to move strangely. At first nothing happened but then the impossible unfolded before my very eyes. The water moved. My surprise was so sudden I jumped back and in the process knocked over my chair, falling back with it so I ended up on the floor.

"W-w-w-w-what?! How is that possible?! I-I-I-It shouldn't be.." I blinked a few times before taking a couple long slow breaths to calm my rapidly beating heart. Everything I had ever been taught was logic and all of that flew through the window the moment the water moved of its own accord to join Danny in motion. Sure I had studied everything there was to know about genetics and how it all worked but nothing I had read or experimented with had reaped such incredible results. The power of water manipulation? Incredible!
    It was a breakthrough in science! However my excitement was quickly joined with a fear. Not a fear of his power but a fear of what might happen if the government got a hold of whatever was in his genetical code that allowed him to manipulate the water.

ooc: I saw that, thanks. Smile
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:03 am

"See?!" Danny smiled with joy, happy with himself. It wasn't until he actually focused on what was happening in the room that he noticed Vio falling out of his chair and panicking. "No Vio I'm not going to-" He began to explain, thinking Vio was freaking out because he felt threatened by Danny. He was cut off, however, but the door opening and two guards bursting in like they had previously done so. Surprised, Danny drops his arms, the water falling with them. "No, I wasn't attacking! I was just-" Danny is tackled to the floor, the wind getting knocked out of him. He coughs a couple times in succession, trying to regain his breath. It doesn't help that the guards place a leash around Danny's neck and cuff his hands. "No!... Stop!... Please!" Danny struggles to yell. "I don't want to leave"

Forced to his feet and out of the room, Danny struggles with his restraints, trying to break free and return to the freedom he had in that small room. The more he struggles, however, the tighter his collar wraps around his neck and less air he has. "You're in for a real treat when we get back," one of the guards smirks as they turn the corner, just a couple corridors away from Danny's cell. "Using your powers... that's against policy isn't it?" he smirks, chuckling to himself as he places with the long taser pole that each guard has.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:52 am

There were a few moments of silence as Danny beamed almost proudly at his power as the water remained suspended in midair all around him. I could do little more than watch and attempt to take in the scene before me. Everything about what I was seeing defied logic, reality, physics, everything! The man standing before me was nothing short of a miracle of the genetic world. Everything about him was perfect by survival standards. He could not eat and remain strong, his wounds healed quickly, he was strong, and on top of all of that he could manipulate water to defend himself with or anything else he could need it for. How incredible was that?
    I did not have enough time to think about it though before the door behind him suddenly burst open and two guards rushed in. Without reason they restrained Danny with a collar and dragged him out of the room before I could so much as utter a word.

At first I was too surprised to react but then I immediately stood up from where I had toppled back, moving to quickly follow the group. As they turned the corner I heard one of the guards say something and though I didn't hear exactly what he had said, I knew it was not something good.
    When I came around the corner I put on a stone cold face, the kind I had quickly learned to keep on during my time in the military, and I pointed at the guards.
    "You two, stop! You will release him this instant. My session was not over and I had no intention of stopping any time soon."
    They paused but continued anyway as if they hadn't heard me. The look on my face darkened and I took a few more steps to catch up.
    "If you do not release him, I will make sure that you suffer just as he has suffered. Or have you not heard of the military run facility known as Guantanamo bay?"
    They slowed to a stop and turned to look at me.
    "It would be a shame if suddenly the two of you went missing...and if you don't think that's within my power, you clearly do not understand the workings of rank. I could have you bagged and tagged before you could so much as utter 'I fucked up.' "
    My voice darkened with my last sentence until it was almost scary. Both guards looked both taken aback and uncertain of what to think.

A couple tense seconds passed before they turned to face me. I could tell from the looks on their faces that they had very well understood what I had threatened them with and although it was hard to believe, they didn't seem to want to find out whether I really could have them taken away.
    "Very well. But he's your problem from now on. If he goes crazy, don't come crying to us." One of them said while walking forward and handing me the leash attached to the collar around Danny's neck. Then without a word they quickly walked off in the opposite direction.
    Leaving me to quietly walk him back towards the interview room.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:23 pm

ooc - Sorry for the bit of delay.

bic -The hairs on Danny's arm and neck stood up as he felt the electric charge from the tasers. They hadn't shocked him, but the electricity coming from them was enough to cause Danny to let out a small whimper. From behind came the voice of Vio. Danny could hear his footprints coming down the hall after them shortly after he had been dragged away which was enough to give some relief, enough to stop struggling anyway. Vio voice called out to them, and at first it did nothing, but he tried again and this time the guards stopped. There was a clear discrepancy between the two, but Danny couldn't follow the conversation not being able to understand the meaning behind Vio's words.

As the leash was passed from guard to Vio, Danny kept his head down, scared of any more trouble that might come out of nowhere. The two walked in silence, Danny to scared to talk, Vio unsure of what to say. Even as they re-entered the room, Danny had acted like when he first arrived. Tame, quiet, defeated. The same amount of freedom he had experienced in here previously had been tainted for the time being. He was unsure of when that sense of freedom would return.
    "How'd you do that?" Danny asked quietly, sitting on the floor with his head down. "How'd you get them to stop? To get then to listen to you? I don't... understand..." he said to Vio, though the last bit of his sentence was directed more towards himself. "And," he added. "I'm sorry for scaring you. I was not going to attack. Your nice. I don't want to hurt anyone."
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:47 pm

The walk back was silent but that was probably for the best after what had happened. Of course, it was wrong of the guards to come in so quickly because of something so arbitrary but at the same time the threat I had used to get Danny back was a little over the top as well. Especially seeing as there was more truth to my statements than they knew. It made me feel bad knowing that I truly could make them disappeared if I pulled the right strings with my superiors.
    When we got back to the room I moved to sit down in my chair, leaning forward so I could rest my eyes for a moment. I let out a quiet sigh while rubbing my temples with the tips of my fingers. His voice broke the silence though and I glanced up at him.

"I just pulled a few of their strings is all. I threatened them with something worse than whatever it is they were going to do to you once they got you back to your cell." I replied quietly while searching his posture. He looked almost sad or perhaps scared was a better way to describe him. I wasn't sure I understood why though.
    Then he spoke again and I found myself smiling again.
    "I knew you weren't going to hurt me. I was just surprised when you..did whatever it is you did to the water. I've never seen anything like it. The power you have is literally impossible. You defy nature itself." I said before standing up, moving to pick up the bottle with the last of the water in it.
    I crouched down next to him and set the bottle down.
    "Show me some more?" I asked him quietly with a hopeful smile.

ooc: That's alright, happy thanksgiving!
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:15 pm

ooc - Haha, I forgot it was Thanksgiving. It's not in October everywhere! Derp!

bic - Danny looked up, his eyes searching Vio's face for any kind of acceptance for what he had done. Of course he smiled when he found it. He continued to rock in his sitting position however, still a bit shaken from the guards. And in honesty, a bit scared of Vio. If he could get the guards to stop, he must be a powerful man. However, the fact that he wanted to see more of Danny's water bending made him rather happy. He rarely gets to use his powers, and never without punishment. So when the offer to bend was out in the air, Danny practically jumped to his feet. "Of course!" he beamed and took a couple steps away from Vio. "I can do a lot of stuff!"

Danny stood with his feet shoulder length apart, his hands rested by his hips, his breathing soft and calm. Then, he lifted his right leg and both hands. Once up, he quickly slammed his right foot down on an angle and brought his hands down, his open palms facing the ceiling, and his breathing quickened. At the small quick movement the water rose not only from the bottle, but from the water that was one the concrete. Since it was solid rock and not soil, there was no where from the water to go in such a short amount of time. The water floated in there puddles before Danny brought his right hand out and move it in a circle motion to meet up with his left hand, before his push forward with both hands. The water quickly joined together. He then rotated his wrists, and the water turned into a bunch of bubbles.
    Danny dropped his form, watching the bubbles float around the room of their own accord. He chuckled a bit, amused at the site, then looked to Vio, a sense of satisfaction resting on his face. It was a small look, but Danny wanted to make sure Vio could appreciate the bubbles like he had. After half a minute, quickly raised his right hand and brought it down in a wavy motion, almost like a river flowing. The bubbles then seemed to flow into one direction before turning into a small stream that went back into the bottle.

"Vio... You said my powers are impossible. That I.. de-...defy nature. Is that a bad thing?" he asked, kind of scared of the answer he might receive. His head went back down a bit again, but his eyes glanced up to meet Vio's as Danny waited for an answer.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Although he still seemed somewhat distraught over what had happened minutes earlier, Danny jumped on my offer of him showing me more of his power. In a moment all of the fear in his eyes disappeared as he practically leapt up from where he had been sitting on the floor. It seemed like the fact that he wasn't going to be punished for using his ability made him want to use it even more. I was glad. As dangerous as his ability was there was a kind of beauty to watching him use it. Both because the motions to controlling the water was like a dance and because the expression of absolute freedom that came across his face while he was doing the motions was..indescribable. It was in those moments that he looked more free than even those on the outside.
    I was almost jealous of him as I sat there watching him move the water around, turning it from solid liquid form to bubbles with a simple flick of his wrists. It was incredible.

When he came to a stop and let the bubbles simply float around in the air I found myself smiling with a mixture of amusement and admiration. I could do little more than imagine what it was like being able to bend water to do your every whim. It was almost enough to make me wonder just how frail and helpless I truly was in this situation.
    If he really wanted to hurt me he could do so without so much as an ounce of effort on his part. Drown me, freeze me, heck he could probably strangle me with a solid band of water around my neck for all I knew.. I was drawn out of my thoughts however by the sound of his voice.
    "It's not necessarily a bad thing but it explains why they've been so focused on experimenting on you.. They want whatever it is in your genetic code that's allowing you to manipulate water. I'm not sure what they'd want it for but I have the feeling they'd use the power for something other than making bubbles and drawings in ice." I answered him with a bit of apprehension in my voice. I wasn't quite sure what the government's motives were and that scared me. With the code to his genetic mutation they could do anything they wanted! A very frightening thought.

ooc: In October? Huh..
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Ooc - Yeah, Thanksgiving is around the beginning of October in Canada.

Bic - Danny listened as Vio spoke, placing the bottle of water back on the table. He didn't understand what he was saying, but he wasn't going to bother trying to at this moment. He just sort of nodded and accepted what Vio was saying. "I don't like it. What they do to me. It hurts and it's not fair. I never did anything wrong, right?" He asked, sitting back down in the centre if the room. As he sat, he looked around and nodded to himself (as if he was answering questions in his head) simply because he wasn't sure what to do at the moment. "Well," he began, "You made the guards stop, that means you can defy nature right? That's something special about you too."
    Danny stood from his spot and walked around the room simply for the feeling of walking. "If you'd like, I can show you some water bending. I'm not sure if you can move the water, but the forms are good if you want."

Ooc - Sorry, small post. I'm not to sure what to say.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:56 pm

From the expression on his face I knew that he couldn't understand what I was trying to explain to him nor did I blame him for not understanding. Genetics was not an easy subject to comprehend especially not without years of schooling. He just seemed to accept the fact that he wasn't going to understand with a nod of his head. I kept my gaze on his face as he tried to figure out the thoughts that were moving through his head. When he spoke next I couldn't help but laugh at what he said. I defy nature? I suppose in his mind I had by making the guards stop but still..
    "I'm no different from anyone else in the world Danny, I just happen to have a little bit more power of persuasion than your average person.." I mused while watching him move around a little bit before standing up altogether. Again he began to walk around the room to enjoy the freedom he had been given as a result of now being my 'problem' so to speak.
    Suddenly he mentioned trying to teach me to move water the way he could. I was both surprised and amused by the idea.
    "Me? Move water?" I laughed "I don't think I can do that.. I don't have whatever it is that allows you to do what you do." But the thought was enough to leave me with a small smile on my lips.

ooc: Oh yeah, that's right! My friend studying up there got a day off for that.

Hmm, we might need to do a time jump a little bit into the future. Like to the point after I've gotten you a new room and we've been meeting for a while..don't you think?
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Ooc - I think going into the future is great.

Bic - Danny chuckled a bit and shakes his head. "Not to move water! Just so you can move like me. It's free! Here, like this," Danny said to him as he showed Vio a basic water bending technique. "It's like there is a lake inside you and you're moving it," Danny said. "Very peaceful." At that point Danny grabbed Vio's hand a pulled him closer before demonstrating the move again.

~~~Six Months Later~~~

Danny rested on the bed in his room as he stared at the ceiling. The room wasn't the largest, but it was definitely an improvement from the chains he was kept in before. Compaired though, Danny was extremely happy with the move. When it finally happened, Danny spent weeks thanking Vio over and over again, beyond appreciative. Unfortunately for Danny, he couldn't completely get out of the experiment they would perform on him, but it was still much better, so Danny endured it. The guards, for some reason, seemed to become even crueler to Danny after the change, like a bed was really too much for someone like Danny to have. They would take experiments further than needed, or just use any excuse to attack Danny when possible. He was still restraint anytime someone would enter his room for the danger he could cause.

With frequent trips to see Vio, Danny's speak had improved tremendously. His new found love for articulating had cause for a punishment on more than one conversation. The conversations he could now have with Vio however... Worth it.
    The doors opened to Danny's room, causing him to sit up from lying down. He had known the drill by this point; Danny then turned on his stomach and placed his hands behind his back. The guards carefully walked in, their weapons at the ready should they use force. "Can we hurry it up?" Danny asked, his voice muffled by the pillow he was laying on. No quicker than before the guards walked towards Danny and bound his hands. The lifted him up and forced him on his feet. "I liked you better when you didn't talk," one of the guards spat. "I'd be mortified too if a prisoner knew more than myself," Danny said almost indirectly with a small smile. Of course this resulted in a black eye, but Danny had loved the sight of the guard's face.
    The doors opened, and Danny walked into Vio's office free from restraints.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:38 pm

"W-Wait..I can't.." I began but he didn't let me get away from the demonstration he was intent on making me take part in. Although the action was neither rough nor forceful he took my hand and showed me the movement. I caught on quickly and although I felt like a fool, I found myself enjoying what he taught me. However..at the same time.. I found myself quietly blushing for some reason. I wasn't sure why but my cheeks just flushed lightly at the proximity to him, which was weird because I hadn't had this happen in a very long time.

----- 6 Months Later -----

Things had most certainly settled down since my first few days working at the facility. The staff had become used to having someone both prestigious and high ranking working among them. A couple of the scientists even approached me after the first few months to ask me questions about the subject of genetics as a whole. They knew that I could explain so much that they had no idea about from my experience in the field. It was almost strange when I was around them because they regarded me with a kind of admiration I had never known in the military. My intelligence was merely an asset to them but here at the facility it was recognized as being a sign of genius. Flattering to say the very least.
    The highlight of my stay were however, of course, the meetings with Danny. We had them at least twice a week even though all we ever did was sit around and discuss whatever came to mind.

I sat quietly in my seat as I waited for the guards to bring Danny to the interview room. Over the months the place had gone from being a cold gray featureless room to being quite a pleasant little corner. A few small paintings hung on the wall and I had requested that the rest of the walls be painted a light blue color that happened to be one of my favorite shades. It made the room look a little bit less..cold.
    The door opened and I was greeted by the familiar figure of Danny walking into the room.
    "Why hello there, how are you doing?" I asked him cheerfully while setting down the pen I had been writing an assessment with.
    "I hope they didn't rough you up too much on the way over" I added with a bit of a worried look towards his visibly swollen eye even though I knew it would heal quickly enough.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:57 pm

Danny smiled and waved at Vio as he entered the room. "Hey Vio," he said as he walked over to the table and sat on a chair opposite of Vio. "I think they're just using anything as an excuse nowadays," he said, obviously happier now that he was here. "If those ingrates feel better than by all means," Danny smiled. "Anyway!" Danny said rather loudly obviously wanting to change the subject. "How is your water bending technique doing this week? Managed to move some water yet?" He asked, obviously knowing he couldn't. "Your form was so good last time, lets see how we've improved, yes?" Danny asked excitedly as he stood up and pushed his chair out of the way.

"Water bending philosophy is very simple, and the moves relate to though (despite the more advanced moves). The technique I showed you would allow me to not only raise water, but send it forcing its way through the air and knocking the person back through the sheer force of the water. Think you can handle it?" He smirked as he crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. "Don't forget to breath!" He added quickly. Though Vio wouldn't be able actually move the water, a lot of these techniques doubled as a fighting form (which would obviously come in handy).
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:21 am

"Well you know what I've always said about that. Simple things amuse simple minds and theirs clearly cannot grasp the fact that you could hurt them ten times worse than they could ever hurt you" I mused as I watched him move around the room in the freedom he had become used to gaining the moment he walked into my office. Never once had he ever been restrained while in my office and that was the way things were going to stay.
    The subject of conversation quickly changed though and went right to where it often did when he first got into the room. My water bending technique. Alright, yes, I admit it, 6 months ago I never would have guessed that I would get anything out of the movements but after a few weeks of trying it out..I got this strange sense of calm whenever I practiced. It was strange but incredible at the same time.

"I've been practicing a little bit in my spare time..actually" I admitted with a little bit of an embarrassed laugh before I set my phone down on the table next to my notepad, pushing myself away from the desk. I walked around to his side of the room and took up the basic stance, controlling my breathing carefully, while I tried my best to go with what he had taught me. The form was a little bit off but all in all there had been a lot of improvement since the last time I had a session with him.
    At one point I was attempting a movement that was a bit too difficult and I ended up falling over completely.
    I sat up and grinned.
    "Better, see?" I said with a giggle before I quieted myself down.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:40 pm

ooc - Sorry Dream. Exam week is coming up.

Bic - Danny walked back until her stood against the wall to observe Vio. He crossed his arms and smiled at him as he made his way over to Danny. He took his stance and Danny smiled and nodded his head in encouragement. Vio started slowly at first, getting to learn the feel of his movements. Standing against the wall in silence, Danny watched, keeping note of Vio's feet and hands. Occasionally he would add a phrase. Move your feet, or Dont forget to breath. Stuff along those lines, but more or less he watched. To his credit, Vio has greatly improved in the time him and Danny works together. He took direction well, worked hard, and was committed to it even though they both knew Vio couldn't water bend. At one point, Vio had tried the move Danny has recently taught it. It was a bit more difficult that previous. The move is suppose to coat the floor with water before freezing, and causing the ground to become irregular. Not the most difficult water bending technique, but obviously difficult enough for Vio to fumble over himself. Danny smile, trying to hold in a laugh, which escaped regardless.
    "I'm sorry, it was fantastic," Danny said, still chuckling. He walked over to Vio and held out a hand before helping it up. "You're getting better, but you lack the balance in your stance. Here." Danny placed Vio in the stance he was previously in immediately before falling. "You seem fine now, but..." Placing a quick hand on Vio's upper chest directly in the centre. Not a second later, Vio began to fall, before Danny grabbed him and lifted him back on his feet. "See?" He said smiling at him.

Danny this started to towards Vio's desk, his head hanging a bit low. "Vio, I've a question to ask. Well... It might be a couple. Think you can help?" He asked, his voice rather unsure of the situation before turning back to face Vio. "You interview other subjects right? Are... Are any of them as bad as me? Do they treat the others with way? More importantly-" Danny cuts himself off, thinking if he should even bother asking, but decides to anyway. "Is... My brother here?" He asked, but before Vio could answer, Danny speaks, trying to excuse his possible intrusion. "I'm not sure if you're allowed to, or even if you want to. Is it even better for me not to know? I don't even know if he is here. I just!-..."
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Danny helped me up from where I had fallen while praising me for the improvement I had made. I felt a little bit silly but at the same time I felt proud of myself. I was a scientist not a dancer. It felt good knowing I could actually do it! Then he went on to show me how I was supposed to carry out the motion I had tried but failed on. He put me in the posture before showing me with his hands how my body was supposed to move. Everything went fine until he placed his hand to my torso to show me something.
    In the split second his hand rested against my chest I could feel my whole body tense up as my breathing nearly stopped altogether. It was not so much the touch that took me off guard, or rather the location of the touch, but it was the possibility of being discovered. After all the fact that I had gone so long without him realizing that I wasn't really a guy..or maybe he had and he just didn't care? Either way in that moment I knew my cheeks had flushed to a light pink color. However by the time he had righted me I had managed to get my composure back and I greeted him with a smile.
    [i]"I think I understand.."[i] I replied with a nod of my head.

There was a moment of silence as Danny stepped away towards my desk with a bit of a slump in his posture. I knew the posture well enough to where I knew something was really bothering him. After having spent 6 months with him..something bothering him usually meant something bothering me too.
    When he did speak though I could not help but frown a little bit. What brought this train of thought along?
    [i]"Your brother?"[i] I asked as I walked around my desk to take a look at my notepad. The third one I was slowly filling up with everything I learned from the subjects I met with. Yet nothing seemed to point towards one of those subjects being related to Danny.
    [i]"If he looks anything like you..no..I'm afraid I don't know anything about him. But, I'll take a look in the files. Alright?"[i] I proposed this idea with a bit of a smile, hoping it would cheer him up at least a little.

ooc: No, by all means, I know how that is.. Good luck with your studying!

Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:40 pm

Danny looked back down at the ground. He slightly sat on the desk with his arms across his arms. He nods slightly as Vio speaks. "Thanks," he says quietly. "I just hope you don't find him," he say, barely audible, practically to himself. The thought of his brother going through the same thing he was really upset Danny. He closed his eyes for a second before popping his head up and smiling. "Sorry Vio, I guess I shouldn't have sprung that on you, but I appreciate it. You've done so much for me the day you got here. So, thank you."

Danny pulled up a chair and sat opposite of the desk. "I realize we talk a lot about me, which, in all honesty, I love," he chuckles at his joke. "But I'd like to learn a bit about you. You've been the one thing in this place I enjoy, and I really don't know that much about you." He tucks in chair and leans against the desk with his eyes on Vio. "I want to know the details of your life. What makes you tick?" He smiles, picking up a pen and pretending to write down what he says like Vio had done so manny times before.

Ooc - Thank you. I'm going to try a post more, but I've got an exam tomorrow. Thank you for understanding Dream. I appreciate it.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:50 am

I watched with concern in my gaze as Danny seemed to focus on the thought of his brother being in this facility or rather the thought of his brother being treated the same way he was being treated. In all honesty I hated to see him like this. It was such a change from his usually happy and positive self.
    Quickly though he snapped himself out of the thoughts he had gotten lost in and thanked me for everything I had done for him up until now.
    I shook my head quickly.
    "Well someone's gotta take care of you." I said with a chuckle before I settled back down in my chair. He did the same only he picked up my note pad and pen, turning the interview around completely.

"The way I tick? Hmm.. Well, when I started out in school I was a bit of an outcast to tell the truth. While all the other kids were running around playing with their toys, I was sat in a corner with a book to read. From then on I just sailed through school and I graduated two years earlier than anyone else, making me one of the youngest students in my university at the time. After that, focused my studying on the field of genetics and became a specialist in everything there is to do with genes." I took a moment to pause and think about how to word the rest of my story. It was a bit weird telling all of this to him. I had never really sat down to tell anyone about myself. Especially not with the secret I kept so close around my true identity.
    "The military was very keen on having me so they enlisted me for a very generous salary right out of university. I worked with them for about 4 years and everything seemed to be going pretty well..at least I thought so until I was told I was being sent elsewhere to a government run facility. And well, here I am now." I finished my story with a small smile.
    "Good enough for you, doctor Danny?" I asked jokingly.

ooc: Hey, I've been there.. You're stressed enough as it is! Don't worry about it.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Danny smiled as he listened to Vio speak. He often glanced to to watch Vio's movements and facial expressions as Vio had done to Danny so many times before. It was interesting seeing the two switch places momentarily, almost as if Vio was on the other side on the desk. Finally Vio spoke, and Danny waited a moment before placing the notebook down. "Almost," he said. "But I've one final question for you... maybe two. Say, hypothetically, you were in a situation that you didn't like, would you try and get out of it to the best of your abilities? And if you saw someone, someone you knew trying to help better their lives and get out of the vicious circle they were thrown into, would you help them?"

There was a pause after Danny spoke, before he smiled. "I was just curious. Speaks of the character I find." As Vio spoke, Danny listened intently (as he had always done when Vio spoke). He got up, still listening as Vio spoke and walked to the painting that rested on the wall behind Vio. It was the first thing he added when he got to the office, and it was of a sunset of a beach. Danny stared at it as Vio spoke, and even when he finished. Another pause before Danny spoke. "Water bending philosophy is interesting," he said, still keeping his gaze at the picture. "It deals with the push and pull of a fight, much like a waves on a beach. You have to know when to attack, and when to defend. It's the rhythm in which people move, and the energy used in that movement. Sometimes you have to turn your opponents attack into your own, and make your defense your offense." Pause. "Do you get what I'm saying?" Danny asked, still rather cheerful as he spoke, but much less than normally. He walked back over to his chair and looked at Vio.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:31 am