Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

4 posters

To Hell and Back

Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Read Me To Hell and Back

Post by Danny Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to Hell, or at least, A Hell. You've been here for who knows how long. Years? Months? Seconds? However long, its felt like an eternity. Were dead, all of us! Or at least, we were dead. Sent to this Hell for whatever reason (be it murder, guilt, or anything else in between that you've committed before your death). But, for one reason or another, we're alive again. On the shore on a large lake or ocean. This that lake/ocean we're we came from? We wake up cold, wet, naked, like a new born. But not far from the shore is a pile of blankets and clothing. Something isn't right here.

The world around us, is familiar. Its full of wild life and mutated or mythical creatures. This is still earth? Future? Past? Alternate reality? Who knows. Not far off the shore, is a portal. It is a portal that will bring us back to our time, the present (i.e 2010). A voice then booms through the world, addressing us. "You've been chosen to save the world. You will be sent back to try and prevent what you see here. Succeed.... or die!"

Have you repented and fight against whatever caused this? Or are you back on this earth to show what true evil is?

Note: We all have powers. 1 - 3 Maximum. You can be good or evil. And you may post how you died if you like. You don't have to have died in our time period (i.e the 14th century). The only thing you get returned is your clothing. And you gain a memory (if not from the present) of the present (as if you grew up there).

People In Role Play:
    Good:
    ~ Murdoch Guinne (Enhanced physical abilities (speed, strength etc).A limited healing factor. The ability to channel beams of piercing light from either his weapons or inanimate objects.)
    ~ Lola Cartwright (General spell-casting, telekinesis)
    ~ Tristan Kay (Can charm people with his music, Animalistic refined tracking skills)
    ~

Bad:
    ~ Danny Carmichael (Control of magic (like Dr. Strange) and Super Strength)
    ~ Kristie Torcette (Weather Control, Flight, Life Absorption)
    ~ Jasmine Shadow (Elements and Telepathy)
    ~

Deaths:
    Danny - Limbs were ripped apart for treason to the royal family (I tried to kill them)

Jasmine - Tormented people. Controlled an entire kingdom by being king "advisor". Toyed with her powers on innocent people. Was killed by Merlin.

Krisite - I was a soldier for an off the grid organzation that eliminated people in the world that were seen as a threat. An assassin pretty much, and I died during a mission by a bullet threw my temple.

Murdoch - He was murdered in his sleep by a Muslim Zealot as he was making his way back to England

Lola - Hit by a bus

Tristan - I was murdered by the king since I had an affaur with his wife/Queen

Last edited by Danny on Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 16 times in total
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Read Me Re: To Hell and Back

Post by Burn It Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:39 pm

It was a damp, cold evening, with the sun already gone down even at this early of an hour. Fall was ending, winter was on it's way, and another year was going by in my life. 2 years now was it? Maybe a bit less, bit more. I'd lost track after a couple months, stopped keeping time, stopped worrying, and just.. lived. I had my hands in my pocket strolling the streets with nothing to do, and watching the stray cars go by. There wasn't a single person on the street, which I found to odd, considering some people should be getting off work right about now.
    Turning a corner I could hear voices, that instantly I picked up as something familar. Was it? No.. I stopped and focussed a bit on the surroundings, and the street's patterns. Carrying the wind to me more, the sound of them travelled, and I knew my suspicions were correct. I turned down a separate street, and snuck into a narrow, tight fitting alley way that I assumed would lead to the next street over, instead of having to go around. I saw two figures, and heard them still in their conversation. So, we never really did leave this town did we? Sad.. very sad. I walked, clicking my heels against the pavement and continued into the town square. "Two years, and you people are still here?" I asked with a smirk on my face, stopping at the entrance of the square.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:57 pm

I turn around to face the speaker. "Kristie!" I smile. "How've you been?" I ask as I walk beside her. "Great I assume, seeing as how your still alive. And we're... well I'm here because I have plans for here," I tell her as I throw an arm around her shoulder, bringer her closer to me. "Big, BIG plans for this city," I smirk, using my free hands to make her "see my vision", like I was selling a play or something.

"I won't get to where I'm going without this place," I smirk as I follow the crowd again.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:09 pm

I laughed at this enthusiam. Still the same Danny I'd met two years ago, except a bit more social as I remember. "I see your dreams haven't changed. I hadn't heard a thing about you since we all separated, thought maybe you'd chosen a 'normal' life. Pretty stupid eh?" I said following along with him. "I've been great, yes, by the way. Each day brings a new game to be, and no matter where I go, things always turn out the same. I hope your plans involve.. a challenge." I said smirking and placing my hands more tightly in my pockets from the cold.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:29 am

The clearing that Murdoch finds himself in is actually the main square of the street, roads stretching away from him in two directions. Fires burn and looters crash through windows, screams of the people too slow to get away fill the air and a thick, heavy smoke is beginning to waft across from the internal fires, just out of sight. Ah...a situation he knows all too well. The time period, the country and the cause may be all different, but this was very much like the pillages he was part of back in the Crusades. Of course, he regrets everything he did now, but back then, you got caught in the moment against the infidels, you vented the frustration of seeing your brothers-in-arms killed, the thrill of still being alive and the promise that you would be absolved. Of course, he now knows that for the lie it was. An eternity in Hell taught him that.
    "Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of war..." he mutters, taking steps forward towards the small raised dias, where a small crowd is listening with rapt attention to the speaker on stage. He is small, only five feet tall, with straggly black hair and wild green eyes, his actions and general enthusiasm for speaking seeming to capture the crowd and not let them go. He has three or four large bodyguards around the stage, and another two prowling the outside of the crowd, looking for trouble. This could get interesting.
    Daylight Shadow
    Daylight Shadow

Post by Daylight Shadow Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:44 am

I turn around to look at Kristie. she still looked the same from two years ago. Well so does Danny and i imagine so do i. I didn't look at my reflection for the past 5 months. Looks aren't that important to me.
    'Good to see you again Kristie' my voice echoed in her head.
    I smiled gently "So you haven't left the city either?"
    A small ball of fire appeared in the palm of my hand. I could feel its heat on my bare skin as I played and moved it around.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:49 am

Tristan grumbled and streched."Arrrghh...I'm so tired..."He sat up looking at Lola, smiled a bit then looked at his watch."Need a quick shower and no time to eat."He stood up, stretched some more. He grinned seeing how short Lola was compared to him."Danny, Kristie and Jasmine met up. Saw it through my dream. There's another guy Murdock..not sure much about him..."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:52 am

Lola frowned and ran her fingers through her hair, as if that would make her presentable.

"Well that's cause for concern..." she said slowly. "Alright, you shower. I did last night. I'll go get ready."

She swiftly retreated into the hallway to her room to get changed and brush out her hair. She never bothered with makeup or doing anything special with her hair. Once ready, she came out and sat on the couch, waiting for Tristan.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:25 am

Murdoch watches the two bodyguards prowling the outside of the crowd intently. Their walking patterns means that, even if he wanted to sneak in the crowd, he would be trapped when he decided to strike. He needs to kill that public speaker now, and quite obviously; it should scare away the listeners if the speaker is killed in front of them.

However, the bodyguards all have guns on them, that much he can see from here; they're constantly fingering something on the inside of their jackets, and if it's a cat, Murdoch will eat one. No, he has to do this quickly and then disappear. He studied the plan of this area a few nights back, and if he remembers correctly, then there should be a fire escape somewhere in the alley to his right, leading up to the rooftops. He could lose them up there, if he's lucky.

He moves discreetly towards the right hand alleyway, keeping an eye on the stage and the speaker. When he's sure that the bodyguards are as far away as they will be on their rounds, Murdoch pulls out his gun, lines it up quickly- this is what you get from months and months of practice- and squeezes the trigger.

A shot rings out, and the entire company of bodyguards immediately have their guns on the way out of their jackets, searching for the source. Two more shots in quick succession, and when the bodyguards look round, the speaker and two of his bodyguards lie dead on the ground. The crowd screams as one, and struggles to run away from the dead bodies. The bodyguards do find the source of the shots eventually, and open fire on the shadow disappearing into the alleyway.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:57 pm

Tristan nodded and headed for the showers. His back was sore due to vigilant activities he's kept quiet from Lola. He'd tell her it was bar closing much later than the others. Once he was out of thr shower he wore his uniform. It was black pants, black short sleeve buttoned shirt and a bright red tie. He walked out and looked at Lola. "We should try to get in touch with them. Persuade, remind them our purpose. There is a greater evil than them."
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:19 pm

I looked to see that the other figure was to my suspisions, Jasmine. Never thought I'd see her and Danny roaming around, but with.. similar attitudes, I guess I should have somewhat expected it. "Actually, I just got back, for the third time. Been flight training you know? I see I arrived just in time for the party." I replied to her and looked up at the sky. Been up there a bit too much lately, it was time to keep my feet on the ground. "How's my favourite Pyro been?" I asked.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:01 pm

Murdoch leaps over fallen trash cans and through muddy puddles as the sounds of pursuit draw closer. He can count four sets of footsteps, and they're closing in on him; they'll catch him up eventually, and he wants it to be on his terms, not theirs. There should be a fire escape staircase soon...

Aha! He spots it, just up the alleyway on the left, attached to the wall. Reaching it quickly, he sets about storming up the stairs as fast as humanly possible, when the first bullet whizzes past his ear. He ducks instinctively, looking down at the end of the alleyway.
    The four remaining bodyguards are all pointing their guns at him whilst running, firing random shots that bounce off of the stairwell, the wall, smash windows and even a few potted plants. One bullet rips past him, tearing his black coat and drawing blood underneath, which renews his efforts to run. He points his gun back behind him and fires a few shots- he could get lucky- but he doesn't pay attention to where they go. If he can reach the rooftops, he could be in with a chance.

Springing up onto the roof of the building, he casts about wildly for some ideas. Modern warfare is so complicated...give him a sword or a staff against these clowns, and he would destroy them...
    actually, looking at the roof, that gives him an idea...
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:21 pm

I chuckle at the little conversation. They were such trifle things. It, to be honest, amused me. And what good is any day without amusement right? "Has anyone hear anything about our 'heros' as of late?" I ask as I stuff my hands in my pockets, walking around.

"Curious," I mutter to myself. "Why haven't I seen them? Have they come back to life to live a 'normal' life?"
    Daylight Shadow
    Daylight Shadow

Post by Daylight Shadow Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:48 am

I smirk at the word 'heroes' and I land on the ground still playing with the ball of fire. "Pyro is doing alright for now. Don’t you just love fire? So destructive…" I say as I follow the fire's movements with my eyes, memorized. "And about those... 'Heroes'... I haven’t seen them either. Probably too scared to face the world as it is now cause of us… Don’t you think?”
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:35 am

The roof is a small one, pretty much an open area except for a slight drop at the far end and a small brick square building in the centre, presumably housing a stairwell leading to the lower levels. He could potentially ambush them here, if he's clever, and that would at least cut down his pursuit. He hasn't got time to flee across the roof and escape unseen, and even now he can hear their boots on the stairs behind him. Setting his face into grim determination, he utters a prayer to God and sets off across the roof.

The bodyguards appear at the top of the stairs, and take a probing look at the surrounding rooftop. Seeing nothing, the leader of the band of four signals for them to proceed with caution, pointing at the small brick structure in the center of the building. Approaching carefully, they strain to listen for any noise whatsoever.

A skittering echoes across the clearing from a little way behind the brick structure, just by the small dip in the roof. They quicken their pace to close in on the area, splitting up to go around the brick structure to cut off the assassins escape, guns levelled.

The leader of the band takes one of the bodyguards and circles round the left, but as he emerges, he notices that the men that went around the right haven't emerged from the side. He resists the urge to call out to them; it could give them away to the assassin. Instead, he signals for the second man to watch his back, and aproaches the corner.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:28 pm

I shook my head, amused by Jasmine's attention towards the fire, and also by the very statement of, 'Heroes'. "Destruction is an art, a talent. Travelling around the world, it's like getting a bigger canvas. The more space you show that talent, the more you recieve for your work. You should come with me the next time I go for the run." I said smiling, and taking a long glance at the fire she held. "But sadly, I've also not seen, nor heard of a, 'Hero', on my trips. Maybe they don't we're enough of a threat to show up?" I said in response to Danny, with a bit of a smirk.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:13 pm

The leader of the guards rounds the corner, and takes an involuntary step backwards. There, on the floor, lie the two dead bodies of the guards who had dissapeared from sight for only two minutes, at most. He instantly raises his gun, searching for the killer, scanning everywhere around him. The assassin couldn't have gone fa-

A muffled scuffling sound is heard behind him, and he spins around. There stands the guard he had told to watch his back, staring dumbly at him.
    "Don't just stand there!" The leader growls. "Help me find this bastard!" The guard just blinks slowly, and the leader snarls. "You Bloody-"
    He gets no further, as a bright white blade-shaped light appears through the guards chest. It's then that the leader notices the shift of a shadow behind the guard, and a face comes into focus briefly before the leader feels something in his chest. looking down dumbly, he is vaguely aware of a small splotch of crimson blooming across his chest. It doesn't even occur to him to fire on the shadow as he feels another shock to the chest, another bloom of crimson, and he falls to his knees. Another shot. Another bloom. The leader falls to his side, crashing onto the floor in, it seems to him, slow-motion. Just before his vision goes completely black, he registers a pair of booted feet appearing from behind the falling body of his comrade.

Murdoch stands straight in the center of the roof, looking at the dead bodies littered around him. The blade in his hand, glowing white without a single drop of blood on it, dissappears into a small metal tube as Murdoch stops channelling the light. These powers...at first, he thought he was cursed, but since stepping through the portal, he's realised that he was imbued with these abilities to save the world that God created. And he will use them. Ok, he isn't able to channel light full stop; he has to direct it through something, but it's more than he could do before he died.

He turns his head. He can already hear more footsteps approaching, and he curses quietly. Turning around, putting his weapons back in their pouches, he takes a running jump off of the nearest gap between buildings, just as a new wave of Bodyguards appears on the roof, firing at him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:17 pm