Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

4 posters

The Apex RP

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Read Me The Apex RP

Post by Murdoch Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:43 pm

The Apex. A place that is everywhere and nowhere, in no time and all times at the same moment and at every moment, a place of contradictions and chance and certainty and fate, all at the same and different times. A place of such infinite complexity that a child could grab its simplicity and an adult be left scratching what’s left of their head should they attempt to understand the enormity and miniscullity of it.

Suffice to say, it is removed from our time and space as we see it. A place of infinite possibilities, where- although it is outside of all reality- all reality and all universes and times cross, where they centralise and become one and split all at the same time. The truth behind the mystery of the universe. Every possible world exists here, every possible universe having a representation here that is their entire content and at the same time, not. A place that is unreachable and at the same time the easiest place to get to [I do apologise for this].

A place where everything is possible. It is impossible to describe what it looks like, as it is all possible looks at the same time, changing to suit the beholder. Some know it as The Void, others as Infinity. Some may even call it Limbo.
    It is here that our story begins. Or rather, the place where the beginning is beginning, in a small universe tucked away in the corner and centre of the room. All possible universes exist here, next to and around and nowhere near each other, every possible decision, every possible variation on every possible random and planned event having a universe dedicated to it. There are Hell universes, Heaven universes- glimpses of which gave inspiration to many religions- science universes and magic ones, deserted ones and bursting-to full ones, every possibility is covered somewhere.
    This universe is a rarity. It is a completely random universe, created because it was the result of a randominity that occurred and didn’t.

In this small universe, in the corner and centre and side of creation, with its own Gods and Devils, its own Angels and Demons and Hells and Heavens, its own goods and evils and grey areas. Its own worlds that drift in the vast and tiny void of space that the universe contains and is. It is on a small world, orbiting a young star in a small solar system of four planets and two moons that our story takes place in truth. The two moons orbit each other, and they are stuck in turn orbiting a small green and blue planet that is the third from the sun. There are only two landmasses on the planet, one in the north and one in the south separated only by a few hundred miles of sea. The northern continent stretches a quarter of the way around the planet- the planet being slightly smaller then a similar blue-and-green planet with only one moon in a distant and close universe- and only just brushes the northernmost point of the world, a hundred or so miles of ice and snow. The southern continent goes nowhere near the southern point, instead stretching across the planet about halfway around, only a few thousand miles in diameter from north to south.

It is a world populated by magic, demons and angels- as some would call them- ruled by sword and sorcery and war and politics, by different races vying to survive.

There are the Humanes, bipedal creatures who are by far the most numerous on the planet, settling anywhere and everywhere there is space. They are typically five feet tall with varying builds and appearances, and differing skills. Some work with leather, others with metal, others with water and others with men and women. They are split into hundreds of different kingdoms, alliances breaking and making with every turn of the planet and more religions then there are races on the planet. There are the Lycans, beastial warriors that stand bipedally at around eight feet tall and heavily muscled in proportion to their height. They are heavily furred with large, predatory teeth and claws possessed with immense strength and short tempers. There are the Gromels, short, stocky creatures about four feet tall that have hairy, round faces and tails, who swing around their treetop homes with great agility and dexterity. And there are the Seraphim, angel-like creatures who watch over everything on the planet. They possess infinite patience, are possessed with immensely long lives and great strength, speed and agility. They are the peacekeepers and negotiators for when all else fails. This is the world. What will happen next? Everything, from the view of the Apex. As soon as one decision or event unfolds, the Apex creates a new universe where something different happened, and all outcomes are “covered”. The Apex cares not for this tiny, insubstantial world and its universe. But its inhabitants do. Its inhabitants are still recovering from a near calamity three years ago, one where a rogue Seraphim devastated the northern world, and was only stopped when the Elder of the Seraphim confronted him. He wrought mass destruction on the continent, causing death and destruction and famine and plague on apocalyptic scale.
    And you? You are its inhabitants. What will you do? The story is not about The Apex, but about you and this world called Arcania.

Races (These are starting races. If you have any ideas, please let me know and give a full description of their abilities, their natural dispositions and living habits…everything you think is relevant) :

Humanes:
    These are basically humans. They have enhanced strength and speed and agility compared to Earth Humans, and live everywhere. Their cultures and religions and mannerisms are thousand fold. As long as you can come up with a town, a religion, a culture etc. as to why your character behaves the way they do (and please give thought to their backgrounds. It is important later on…) you can make up whatever you like. Humanes usually live to about seventy and “come of age” at about eighteen, depending on their culture. They can eat fruit or meat. They all have varying military presences, and all have unique weapons. They can wield limited magic, but only a select few, labelled as Sorcerers. The Sorcerers can only wield limited amount of magic, and only in one way; Eg. Control of fire. Using the ability drains them quickly, however, and leaves them fatigued depending on how much the individual can use at one time.

Lycans:
    Basically the werewolf form of a werewolf, but they have a large intelligence. They act on instinct and bestial nature, sure, but they do have brains. They have short tempers, though, and are stronger and faster then Humanes. They Tower above most, being eight to nine feet tall, and have no need for weapons; their teeth and claws are their weapons. They are frequently hired as trackers for their keen noses and eyes and ears, or as guards for their strength. They tend to live in caves or burrows beneath hills like wolves, in small, close-knit communities, but some do wander as mercenaries. Their little communities are led by a council of three Elders, and all of the “Pack” contribute equally to the running (hunting, childcare, defence, etc). The Lycans live to about one hundred and twenty years old, “coming of age” at about thirty years old. Skirmishes between packs are common, over anything from personal squabbles to land to food. Short tempers, remember? They do, however, honour captured or fallen enemy warriors. They live primarily on meat.

Gromels:
    Gromels are small, monkey like creatures about five feet tall. They live in treetop communities run by a single Moh’Rak. They all have specific jobs (gatherer, childminder, etc) that they do. They have a small and novice “guard” corps, used for self defence, however they are peaceful and will run rather the fight. They live on berries and fruit and never meat. They never engage in hostilities with others, even harsh words and always swallow their ill feelings. Generally. Some are more….sensitive then others, much like the other races. They are unique in having a natural resistance to most magics.

Seraphim:
    They are found everywhere, but have only one large city: Ahrkyian. It is a beautiful city of towering spires and majestic white buildings and graceful statues. The Seraphim are all beautiful to look at, their hair always the purest of the colours and their eyes always the most striking of hues. They are tall- about seven feet, generally- and lithe and graceful, as opposed to the Lycans bulkyness and brute strength. Everyone can do whatever career they want, as long as they are good at it, and there’s a place for everyone. There is no poverty, no homelessness and the unable are cared for. Tourists and members of other races are free to settle in the city and live and work there, as long as they regard the laws and contribute to society. The Seraphim are extremely skilled with weapons and in the martial arts, and have a tradition of magic-using. The Seraphim can all use basic magic to heal others or send simple bolts of light or lightning at places, but there are a few who study further and develop into “Saints”, the elite of the Seraphim defence force. The Seraphim have three forms; their “humane” form, which is basically a Tall, Beautiful Humane. Their “Seraph” form, which has one aspect change about them. This is always different; it could be a scaly arm, or a pair of elongated ears or a tail or anything. The Seraphim gains abilities relating to this addition to their body, as well as receiving increased strength and speed. Their “True” form can only be unlocked through extreme stress or the permission of the Hak’Tar, the leader of the council of Seraphim. The True Form changes the body completely; some become encased in armour, some take the form of demonic-looking creatures, others the form of other animals. Everyone’s True Form is different. It grants a further boost to physical ability as well as granting large magical powers on the user. However, both Seraph and True form consume large amounts of energy, and if too much time is spent in them, the user can seriously hurt or even kill themselves. The more they exert themselves during use, the less time they have.
    However, the Seraphim are fiercely peaceful and will only resort to violence if it is the last possible course of action.

[Any more, let me know and I will sort out adding it]

Roles:
    [Make up your own]

Humanes:
    -Murdoch (me), Amnesiac mercenary
    -Kristie, girl searching for answers about parents death, very weak sorcerer of fire.
    -Hawthorn, humane thief

Lycans:
    -Akimaru,
    -Danny,

Gromels:

Seraphim:
    -Estelle, apprentice priestess and peacekeeper.

Other:

Rules:
    No Godmodding.
    No insulting others.
    Respect others and play nice.
    MEDIEVAL TECHNOLOGY, so if I see jeans and T-shirt or cell phone, so help me god…
    Have fun.
    Generally, behave.

Ok, the setting is a small walled town on the border of two allied kingdoms. The village is a merchant town, so there’s a lot of trade and a lot of people, and it is also near the mountains, so bandits do raid occasionally. The bandits are made up of anything you can think of: Humanes, Lycans, Gremlins, bunglesnatches, what-the-heck-ever.

GO!

NOTE: I do NOT want everyone playing as one race. Please try to balance it guys...

I'll be using Murdoch as an amnesiac mercenary in town on business.

Last edited by Murdoch on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:14 am; edited 6 times in total
    Anonymous

Read Me Re: The Apex RP

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:48 pm

Seraphim!!
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:51 pm

You need a bio first Razz
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:56 pm

Gah
    I'm not on a PC so I don't have my bio's yet :/
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Post again when you have your bio up. Razz
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:14 pm

Will. Be. Joining. Once I find meh bio..
    No promises on the 'behave' rule.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:20 pm

*chuckles quietly*

Well, given that "Estelle" is a seraph anyhow...that seems like the right part for her. Razz I'm in. Bio's right there.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:39 am

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:26 am

Ok, Kristie, thats fine (but the limited fire control is a small problem. Would you consider being classed as a weak Sorcerer in that regard? You would have to follow the rules of fatigue, but I don't think I gave the Humanes abilities unless they were Sorcerers)

Estelle, that should be fine; do you want to be a priest or a craftsman or what?

Akimaru: Ok (I should mention that Lycans can take a smaller humane form as well). However, I told you that if I saw modern clothes I would go Apes***. So can you please clarify your clothes and specific role please? Thank you Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:37 am

I just posted up my generic bio- but it will be updated over time to incoreperate weapons and clothes.

in my lycan form I have a pain or really rough woollen shorts and in human form, just the basics dyed wool trousers, vest (most probably wool) and a dyed shirt.

^^ is that ok, my knowledge of old clothes in very very minor, save for armor or japanese stuff.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:54 am

Hmm, how about an apprentice priestess who works as something of a peacekeeper for disputes outside the temple? It's no good to *start* too high on the chain. *feels a certain nostalgia creeping up* ^_^

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:17 am

Akimaru: Good, good Smile

Estelle: Lol, you hypocrite (although, to be fair, I think it was Zane that sprung that on you, wasn't it?). XD. I keed, I keed, thats perfect (you do realise that, being an apprentice, you won't be the strongest XD).

Also, I suggest you familiarise yourselves with the Rogue Seraphim story; I'm not describing his appearance or abilities just yet, but he will be coming in later (not neccissarily physically, lol. He's dead after all.) Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:51 am

He did, and that's my point. Razz I originally was going to have Estelle be a minor politician/priestess. Razz

And that is my point. It's no fun to start out the strongest you'll ever be. No room to grow. And I do believe my *cough* alternate forms will be more than a little formidable. <3 Also, the seraphim in their primary forms do have wings correct?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:25 pm

so when do we start?
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:15 pm

I guess then yes, I would be classified as that. I forgot about that part when making the bio >.> My bad. So yes, if that's alright, I would like to be a weak, very weak Sorcerer. I planned on her not even being fully able to control it yet, just get the over heating and the small reactions of the fire. Oh and yes, I will keep in mind the fatigue.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:31 pm

Ok, well as far as I am aware, Estelle won’t be on much in the next few days, so I don’t want to get too far in without her. That being said, the place I’m taking us to first should be easy enough to jump into, if it lasts any decent amount of time. I am planning to start it off in a similar way to when I tried to do it on AB- Kristie will know what I mean- but hopefully we’ll get further then that. Kristie, no spoilers now. XD. I shall start in this very post : ) Also, the town is being upsized into a small mini-city, as befitting a trading outpost. I should also say that, if you want to create any creatures, feel free. Just put them in the bestiary post I am creating in the writing short story section (only place to put it, really). I shall review it, and inform you about my decision via the replies section. Just post with your ideas. Smile Also, I want you all to come up with at least one country (religion, culture, politics, architecture, etc etc) if you can, and a story line to go with it. I shall be taking us to those places in due course, and handing the reigns over to you for the duration. Smile And cool, kristie, I shall change the roles accordingly.

Ic:

Just on the edge of the Dragon Teeth mountains lies a small city. It’s not a large city, maybe a few miles across in any direction from the centre of the city, and owes no allegiance to any one kingdom. It lies nestled between the borders between two powerful Kingdoms- the Arlesian Kingdom in the west, and The Rodrigan Empire in the east- and has served as a buffer between the two for decades. It’s located rather advantageously; being situated between two powerful kingdoms, it’s the natural spot for a merchant town, and it has running by it the only road through the mountains accessible by cart (for several hundred miles in either direction, at least). It gets lots of shipments of silk from the north, and sells these on to the other rich Kingdoms that send merchants and emissaries its way.

Of course, being a merchant town near the mountains has its disadvantages. Bandits, living on the rocky steppes, frequently raid the caravans and merchants passing by, every once in a while making an attempt on the city itself. The defending legion- a conglomeration of troops from The Empire and The Arlesians, stationed there by mutual agreement (as well as probably making sure the other doesn’t get too decent a toe-hold in the city)- has been able to repel the bandits every time they’ve made an attempt. There are only five hundred Legion members from each country, five hundred from The Arlesian Dragon Legion and five hundred from the Imperial Tiger Battalion, but they work together more often then not, and are trained soldiers, whereas the- admittedly more numerous- bandits are of a tribal nature, and factions frequently appear in their ranks. Collectively, the Bandits are far greater in number then the defenders, but the alliances between tribes don’t last long, and only ever really bring one or two thousand bandits into the fray. Nothing more then skirmishes, really.

The last attack was a good five years ago- the largest attack ever seen by the city of Logaria; two thousand, five hundred bandits falling upon the city under cover of darkness- and was beaten back, and the city has known relative peace since then.

Today, a day like any other, a particularly nippy day at the beginning of winter, a chill wind picks up on the mountain peaks- peaks that are not the highest on the world, but still stretch into the sky, stopping just short of the clouds themselves- and whistles down the rocky slopes, howls through the jagged crags and gulley’s, in and out of the sharp, steep ravines and down into the mountain pass. There it catches and throws up particles of dust and loose rock, tiny stones that fly around in a frenzy before the breeze moves on down the pass, heading down towards the open flat area surrounding the city. It catches on the odd Merchants cloaks, grabbing at them and trying to viciously tear them from the owners grasp, forcing them to grab hold of their hats and cloaks, holding them against the now howling wind which catches yet more rocks and dust, flinging them into ox and horses noses alike.

It roars through the city, changing direction, howling through the gates and in through the streets, ripping past the crowds and market stalls and stables, catching the foul whiff of a crowded city, mingling it with the smell of hot pies and mouth watering meat and the scent of freshly baked bread. Passers-by stop at this scent, their eyes growing round with hunger as they make a bee-line towards the nearest food stall, or towards the city central square- just behind the main gates- to find an inn or tavern to have a meal and stay for the night.

The wan sun is just setting over the city, casting a faint purple light over the evening activities. The light extends over the roads that converge and split off outside the cities main gates- one to The Empire, one to Arlesian, one through the mountain pass and one to the south- and off into the forest to the south. The branches bend lazily in the now-weak breeze, leaves fluttering and rustling. The grass bends slightly around the road, bugs flying around at knee-level.

A single traveller walks that road, sitting a top a pitch black horse, garbed totally in black with long black hair spilling down his back and around his shoulders. A dispassionate face stares out from his young-looking, twenty five year old face. A sword lies strapped to his waist, a miniature Zweihander, and the tip of a quarterstaff with an iron shod tip pokes up from behind his shoulder.

Murdoch approaches the city, the flow of merchants and carts dwindling to a crawl, and the guards on duty stop him for a search. He feels somewhat irritated at this, but bites his tongue; they’re just doing their job, as he is, and he needs to suffer the delay for just a few moments more. Soon enough, they’ve taken his name and his inventory, and waved him on his way into the town square. He’s here on business, but he doesn’t have to meet his employer until tomorrow. He knows what the job is, and he accepted it because it pays extremely well, but any delay on this could be a mistake. He had to argue hard over the Trans-orb to get his appointment moved up to tomorrow, and he supposes that it will have to be enough.

First things first, find an inn with a stable. He was told that there would be a space open at The Merchants Purse, a new inn just off the main square, so he heads in that direction through the thinning throng.

What he doesn’t see is a small, black shadow peel itself off of the wall and follow him further into town.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Akimaru sat in the darkest corner that he could find in the Three Keys Inn. He had been in rooms there for at least a week. On the table in front of him sat a tankard, the mead that had been in it was now half gone, it wasn't his first tankard either.

He looked up and around the inn. It was quite empty save for the same drunks that seemed to frequent the inn every night. Akimaru lifted his tankard to his lips and took a long draught of his mead. He then lowered it back to the table and ran a hand across his mouth "good mead" he said to himself.

ooc- not a huge intro but im not the most imaginative but it sets me up( I hope)
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:28 pm

OOC- Fiiiine. I'll keep it shut... Hmphft.
    The sun nearly gone, the air became cold, and the breezes picking up with night not far off. It was a relaxing temperature, but a dry one at that. Each breath seemed heavy and barily touched your lungs, and dried your mouth more with each step and pant you took.
    "Why do you leave these things till last minute?" I asked licking my lips, trying to get some moisture back on them, and in my mouth. James huffed, and repositioned the sack of seeds he had slung over his shoulder, one side of him leaning over from the accessive weight being pressed on him. "What's wrong, afraid of the dark? I like my night time strolls, you get to see what you missed today rushing past it." He said, doing the same movements with his lips and exhaling rough and loudly from exhaustion. "The dark doesn't worry me, it's the cold that does." I corrected him, looking around at the roads and surroundings, less and less faces by the moment as people left for the shelter of their homes. "Since when? I remember you walking last winter in nothing but what you have on now during a snowfall." I laughed in a breath, keeping my mouth shut. "What are you implying?" I asked glancing quickly at him, then back to the front of me. James was 3 or 4 years older then me, I never was good at remembering age. Married, and three beautiful children; two daughters and a son. I'd know his family since I could remember, we grew up together as children, and luckily enough still been able to stay the same friends today. "Im implying you're afraid of the dark. I thought only children believed in the boogeyman?" I nudged him slightly over, with the weight of the seed almost sending him straight into the stone roads. He caught his balance and set down the bag for a moment, grunting and rubbing his shoulder. "Getting old?" I teased watching as he stretched out his muscles from locking. "Let's see you lift this." He said, bending his legs and lifting the sac back onto his shoulder. "How about I don't, and say I did." We talked more once we were back on our way. His farm produced seeds, and lots of them, and today he was suposed to deliever a bag to a family friend's stall down in the main square. He, like usual left it off, and spent the day with his son, only going now to make the delivery. I was cautious at night, sometimes I even was scared, which is why I was tagging along for the walk. You never know when you'll get knocked and out mugged of your wares now a days, so its best to not travel alone.
    "Coming in?" He asked, as we stood outside his friend's stall. I'd been standing there twittling my thumbs for a good 10 minutes before he even introduced me; the man was slow. With the walk back to the city being fairly long, it would be foolish to go back in the pitch black, even if you knew your way well. Both me and James were invited to spend the night here at his friends, and planned on doing just that. "In a bit, I need a couple things myself." I said, then saying my goodbyes and heading into the streets looking for open vendors and merchants whom hadn't gone home early. There was still enough daylight left, but with winter on its way it became cold, fast without the full on gaze of the sun.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:11 pm

The Merchants purse is a rather small inn, off of the road on the right of the city square. He moves through the crowds slowly, silently cursing the slow pace of the people traffic. He's extremely close to kicking his horse into a faster pace to push through the crowd- he never liked crowded cities. After he woke up three years ago, with no memories beyond motor functions, he spent much of his time in quiet locales around the world. He's been a lot of places, and he always prefers the quiet, out of the way areas- when he comes across the inn. Its a small inn, as said before, with a thatched roof and wooden pannelled walls. The door is a small wooden one, with a window set into the top half. Looking around, his eyes alight on a small boy sitting on a barrel beside the door- perhaps thirteen or fourteen years old- kicking his heels as he inspects something on the floor with great interest. His short ginger hair is cut close to his scalp, except for a small fringe that falls down over a forehead belonging to a freckly face with dark brown eyes. He whistles, and the boy looks up suddenly.

Getting off his horse, he grabs the reigns and leads it over to the boy. "Take this horse to the stable and see he has a good wash. He's been on the road for quite a while." The boy still looks a bit nervous, even as Murdoch hands over the reigns. Murdoch sighs, and produces a gold coin. More then he would usually give a stablehand, but the boy looks like a rabbit thats just seen an eagle swooping down on it. The boys features light up, and he nods enthusiastically. Ah, the humane condition; even pre-teens enjoy getting money.

Watching the boy lead the horse down a small side street and around the back of the stable, Murdoch then turns to the door. Opening it slowly- it creaks on its hinges slightly- Murdoch enters the small common room. For a merchant city inn, the room is surprisingly sparse; a few tables and chairs are occupied around the large roaring fire- that sits next to the stairs- by a group of five or six burly-looking, stern faced men who turn their heads to look at him- Murdoch can almost feel their suspicion rolling off of them; what has he done to them? He hasn't met them before...at least, he thinks he hasn't- but besides the small group, the room is largely deserted.

Moving up to the inn table, he rings the bell for service.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Unexpected, there were more people running around then I would have imagined for this time of year. Only a couple, maybe a dozen had closed up their small shops and cutt off their sales. The cold died down here, the breeze barily hitting my face with all the surrounding bodies brushing past me to their destination. There was little space between us, everyone pushing and shovering, not giving a care where the person they'd touched landed. At the movement and speed of the crowd, someone could knock another over, have them trampled to death and not care at the bit. It was also noisey, not quiet and peaceful like most nights I spent. Part of the many reasons I loved where I lived, no one bothered me.
    A large shoulder hit me hard against the shoulder, almost sending me into the person behind me. The oger of a man kept walking, ignoring me, and by his size, it's possible he didn't even feel a tickle on his body from touching me. He stood atleast a foot taller then me, and weighed most likley 3 times that of me. I stepped off to the side when I could, inbetween two stand watching the crowds of people heading in all directions. I lifted my shoulder, no harm done, just an ignorant ass, being.. well, an ignorant ass. I would never be able to find what I wanted tonight, it would be hell getting it, and getting it back. Tomorrow morning, before I leave, I thought - I would have time, no rush. I decided I would get back to the house, and waited for a moment to cut threw into the less dense area of travel.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:22 pm

Hey Murdoch. Mind if I join? And as a Lycan? Bio is here. Let me know if I'm missing anything. I'll post my bio, and come on tomorrow. I do have rehearsal tomorrow, but I'll be on when I get back! Anyway, bio:

Name: Daniel Carmichael (goes by Danny)

Character Name: Danny
    Nickname: Dan
    Skin color: Light
    Build/Body type: Muscular and define.
    Hair Color: Light brown
    Hairstyle: Messy
    Eye Color: Green
    Height: 6’3" (human)
    : 8'5" (werewolf)
    Face: Facial Hair

Top: White cotton shirt, buttoned down to just below the collar bone
    Pants: Dark trousers
    Shoes: Barefoot

Werewolf appearance: Avatar
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:58 am

ooc- just cause there is no ooc thread for this kinda discussion-Danny post up your biography in the biography section, whether it's extensive or specialist it keeps the place more organised. also murdoch did walk into the same inn that I am in or was it somewhere else?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:39 am

as far as I'm aware, I didn't. You're in the three keys, correct? I walked into the Merchants Purse. Smile
    And Yeah, Danny, go ahead. Just post your bio in the Bio section next time. K thanks Smile

Last edited by Murdoch on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:18 am

The cold mountain air, bit against the woman's face causing goose-flesh up her arms despite the furs she wore. It had been a while since she'd been here. It was so far removed, that it was rare anybody from her guild was stationed here. They stopped during their travels through here to restock before a trek into the mountains, but no this is where they decided to place her. She was to keep the peace between this merchant town and the bandits that threatened it...

So then, why was she cornered on her golden palfrey against a cliff-face with a little less than a dozen of the brazen men staring her down. She kept a reserved smile as she beckoned.

"Gentlemen," she spoke softly. "So good that I might find you so quickly, although I do hope that you are not the main force? You are...less than I thought you'd be," she said with her lips barly parted. These were a rag tag group. She could see several different races among them. It always amazed her how people found it so easy to unify in crime, and yet old prejudices ran deep in almost every other affair...

"We ain't no gentlemen," spoke a gruff man, massive a strange site compared to the apparently straining horse he straddled. She could smell the festering blood from sores from both he man and the steed. Clearly they'd done this before and relatively recently. The man's face was covered by an armored mask, rusted and obviously antiquated. These were no soldiers, certainly not specialists. These were thugs...perhaps scouters. The woman felt bad for the horse.

"What do you want, I really must be on my way," the woman said looking up at the swiftly darkening sky. She did not want to be out in this cold any longer than she needed to be. Fire spells were not her cup of tea...

"You onennadem seraphs, ain't cha," another of the scouts said, a much smaller man straddling a horse even more malnourished than the large man's.

"The correct plural is 'seraphim.' There is no 's,'" she responded feeling mildly facetious at the moment.

"Don't play games, woman," the large man said again. His body was tensing. Estelle was not unaware of his aggressive posture.

Yell as loud as you can and hope the enemy buckles...because you have little strength other than the brute force. "I am," she replied.

"They pay good money fuh you in the trade," the larger man said. She fought back the smirk. Her facade was still up, but she supposed that her mediation skills still needed some work...But then again, these were only scouts.

"Oh? Do you think so," she questioned bowing her head slightly. "But what then will stop me from killing you all?"

There was a rustle between the men. Obviously the lack of seraphim traveling through these parts had crippled their knowledge, because they were laughing.

"Oh, what're you gonna' go against alla us," another whose face I couldn't quite see spoke from the back.

"You are ordinary men, with no real magical ability. Your armor is shoddy. Your weaponry is brittle. You are sick as are your horses. Go home. Save yourself some real trouble and do tell your master that I'm here to negotiate a peaceful agreement between your men and the village."

The men growled and the one at the forefront nodded to the others before all of them charged at once, but that was not what Estelle was focusing on...It had just occurred to her that they were not alone. She didn't see the other, but she could hear them in the brush, as horses are not the most noiseless of creatures. She had the feeling that the man wasn't with the bandits, else a high ranking one with a healthy horse. Either way, it made no difference as to what was going to happen here.

The watcher, stared intently at the strange woman. That height, her face, it was obvious that she was a seraph. That much she couldn't hide with anything short of a full-faced veil, but why is she still so calm, he wondered. The watcher's eyes went wide with horror, as the sounds of swift slaughter filled the air. the men didn't have time to scream before they were already slumped atop their horses. The horses were spooked, and many ran off, dragging their riders by the stirrup through the forest. The woman supposed back to their camps, but she wasn't certain. It couldn't be helped. She was acting in self defense and she wouldn't tell anyone any different.

"I know you're there," she said with her face straight ahead and her eyes shut. "Please show yourself," she said with a hauntingly pleasant grin as she bade her horse to trot over the carnage she wrought.

The man showed himself and she looked him over. His face was dirty, but his cheeks were full. He wasn't caked in filth, and his armor was relatively kept. She recognized the symbol on his buckler. She smiled at the member of the city's guard.

"Now, wasn't it your job to meet and protect me," she asked.

"Seems to me like you don't need it that much," he said looking at the ground in mild disgust. "I thought angels were peaceful," he asked looking up at her.

"Seraphim," she corrected. "And we are, but when threatened, we will protect ourselves."

"Good to know," the man said, and it occurred to her that this guard was relatively young. He wasn't all that savvy else he wouldn't have waited until she really needed him to show up. Rather unprofessional. It proved to her either one of two things, he's a valor-hungry man, or he was concerned that he might not have been able to beat the bandits if he tried. Neither were good things.

They reached the city as dusk was turning to night, and Estelle shivered visibly.

"You cold," the man said with some amount of disbelief in his voice.

"Where I come from is always hot. I am not yet used to this," she replied. No sense in dishonesty yet.

"Oh, this is the tip of the proverbial iceberg," he said.

"Joy," the woman replied sarcastically. "Where am I to stay," she said as they passed through the gates. A few people stared, but she was relatively used to the treatment. She smiled at a small child who was following her horse from a bit of a distance.

"A room had been reserved for you at The Merchant's Purse," he said. "Oh, by the way, I'm Luca le Grange. It's a pleasure to meet the lady," he said turning around on his horse with a hand outstretched and making the horse bow with its front legs. She chuckled. So he wasn't bat with a horse, a good thing.

"I am Estelle Acquraone. I look forward to resolving the threat to this town."

The woman dismounted from the horse and led it to the stable-hand. They looked at the strange almost metallic mare (a proud akal teke) and led her to the stable. Estelle strode into the inn and glanced about for the keeper. She saw he was already speaking to some other patron. No matter. She waited a little ways behind the first man, leaning on a table with a lantern sitting on it. This was going to be an unpleasant, but perhaps very fast assignment.

ooc: I hope that's sufficient. Contact me, Murdoch, if anything seems to be amiss. Might not be back for the rest of today, but we'll see if I may steal some time.

Last edited by Estelle Undina on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:06 am