Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+3
Skye
Mercy
Murdoch
7 posters

Wheel of Time: Darkness Falls

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Read Me Wheel of Time: Darkness Falls

Post by Murdoch Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:00 pm

This is an RP based on The Wheel of Time. It takes place three years after the Aiel War, when the Aiel (the warrior tribes from the Aiel Wastes, across The Spine of The World mountains) are retreating to their homes. The set-up is…long, to say the least, but it IS important. This is a whole world, and I need to condense it as much as humanly possible…bear with me please.

Only serious Rpers, please. I plan to have this go on for a while, and I plan for this to have a story line of sorts. I would like this to stay alive past on night. You must also be willing to read. A lot.
    However, you can skim. I don’t expect you to read every last bit. You can skip the background if you wish, but I suggest at least half-reading it. You can skip the bit about The One Power if you don’t plan on being able to use “magic”, but I suggest you read about the Aes Sedai and the Whitecloaks.

Background:
    At the dawn of time, The Creator forged the universe and the Wheel of Time which, as it turns, spins all lives. The Wheel has seven spokes, each representing an age, and it rotates under the One Power, which flows from the True Source. Essentially composed of male and female halves (saidin and saidar) in opposition and in unison, this power turns the Wheel. Those humans who can use this power are known as Channelers; the principal organization of such Channelers in the books is called the Aes Sedai or 'Servants of All' in the Old Tongue.

The Creator imprisoned its antithesis, Shai'tan, at the moment of creation, sealing him away from the Wheel. However, in a time called the Age of Legends, an Aes Sedai experiment inadvertently breached the Dark One's prison, allowing his influence to seep back into the world. He rallied the powerful, the corrupt and the ambitious to his cause and these servants began an effort to free the Dark One fully from his prison, so he might remake time and reality in his own image. In response to this threat, the Wheel spun out the Dragon, a channeler of immense power, to be a champion for the Light. In the Age of Legends Lews Therin Telamon was named the Dragon, who eventually rose to command the Aes Sedai and their allies in the struggle against the Dark One's forces. After a grueling ten-year war, which began a century after the Dark One's prison was breached, Telamon led his forces to victory in a daring assault on the site of the earthly link to the Dark One's prison, and was able to seal it off, his highest and most powerful subjects, The Forsaken- 13 men and women who swore themselves to Shai’tan- being sealed away at the same time.

However, at this moment of victory the Dark One tainted saidin, driving male channelers of the One Power insane. The male channelers devastated the world with the One Power, unleashing earthquakes and tidal waves that reshaped the planet, referred to in subsequent ages as "The Breaking of the World." Their leader, Lews Therin, killed his friends, his family, and everyone in any way related to him and finally himself in his insanity thus gaining the epithet Kinslayer. Eventually, the last male Aes Sedai was killed or cut off from the One Power, leaving the human race all but destroyed and only women able to wield the One Power safely.

The Aes Sedai reconstituted and guided humanity out of this dark time. Mankind now lived under the shadow of a prophecy that the Dark One would break free from his prison and the Dragon would be reborn to face him once more, raining destruction upon the world in the process of saving it from the Dark One.

Over the next three and a half thousand years, the human race returns to a level of technology and culture roughly comparable to that of the 18th century (although without military use of gunpowder and without formalized science, the development of both playing a part in the story), with the difference that women enjoy full equality with men in most societies, and are superior in some. This is put down to the power and influence of the female-only Aes Sedai spilling over into everyday life. Several major wars have ravaged the main continent since the defeat of the Dark One, such as the Trolloc Wars, when the surviving servants of the Dark One tried to destroy civilization once more but were defeated by an alliance of nations led by the Aes Sedai; and the War of the Hundred Years, a devastating civil war that followed the fall of a continent-spanning empire ruled by the High King, Artur Hawkwing.

These wars have prevented the human race from regaining the power and high technology of the Age of Legends, and also left humanity divided. Even the prestige of the Aes Sedai has fallen, with their shrinking numbers and the emergence of organizations such as the Children of the Light, a militant order who hold that all who dabble with the One Power are servants of the Shadow.

The nations of the modern era are able to unite against the warrior-clans of the Aiel, who cross into the western kingdoms on a mission of vengeance after they suffered a grievous insult, but are too divided to work effectively together in other areas. Over the Ages, there have been “False Dragons”, who all claim to be The Dragon Reborn. Each one has either been killed or “Gentled”, if they could indeed Channel, by the White Tower, the seat of Aes Sedai power in the city of Tar Valon.

Now, this may take you a while to read, but its important. I cannot stress enough how important this is to those that wish to use magic.

The One Power:
    The One Power is divided into male and female halves, saidin and saidar respectively, that work both with and against each other to drive the Wheel of Time. The True Source cannot be consumed by channellers, as a river cannot be consumed by a waterwheel. Each half of the One Power is able to be used only by people of the associated sex, and men and women have very different experiences in channeling.

The One Power is basically magic, and using too much of it at once can either kill you or “Still” you, which is what being cut off from the True Source is called- you can sense it, but you cannot touch it. Females surrender to Saidar, surrender and merely guide it to what they wish it to do- they compare it to a flower opening towards Saidar, absorbing, releasing and guiding the flow- whilst Males have to fight Saidin.

They fight it with every fibre of their being to prevent it from overwhelming them, fight to control it. As it is, Males that can channel are rare, as any male that channels is doomed to go mad and kill and destroy until he is either killed, “gentled” (What the Aes Sedai call stilling a man) or dies himself, although times vary from two years to over ten. Aes Sedai hunt these men and Gentle them to prevent them from causing destruction.

Angreal are artifacts which enable its users to draw more of the One Power than they would normally be able to. Angreal also protect them from drawing enough Power to burn themselves out.

Sa'angreal are identical to angreal, except that they allow the user to draw more Power than even an angreal can handle. Ter'angreal are objects of the One Power that perform specific functions. Some ter'angreal do not require the One Power to be used for their activation. The techniques the ancient Aes Sedai used to create angreal, sa'angreal, and ter'angreal has long been forgotten to the White Tower.

Not everyone has the ability to "channel" the One Power. Most men and women cannot reach it at all; of those who can, most must be taught to access it to varying extents, and can go their entire lives without touching (or even knowing they can touch) the Source. Generally those on the main continent find out when Aes Sedai, visit their town on a recruiting trip. Aes Sedai visitors also search for the few channelers who are born with "the spark," an innate gift that will inevitably lead them to touch the Source. If left untrained, these gifted channelers often die without ever gaining control over their innate ability; the Aes Sedai estimate the mortality rate at 75% or more.

Those who survive, called "wilders" by the Aes Sedai, do not realize that they have channeled, only that "things happen" if they want them to. To aid in this self-deception, they often develop a "block," an instinctive self-preservation behavior that keeps them from channeling in all but exceptional circumstances. Known blocks include only being able to channel while angry, in the presence of men, with one's eyes closed, and so on. These blocks can be eventually overcome, but only after significant and sometimes drastic counseling.

Ok, now I know this may take you a while as well, but is ultimately important. These are the main factions that I feel you need describing, and the rules for you being one:

--Aes Sedai, Women only (you can just skim this if you aren‘t going to be Aes Sedai. If you want to be Aes Sedai, you MUST read this) : The Aes Sedai are the women who can channel. Their base is in the White Tower in tar Valon, and they go in three stages: Novices are the lowest. They are basically servants with no pay as they also attend lessons in self-control, politics, history etc. They wear grey. Accepted are slightly higher then Novices, and are occasionally allowed out of the tower. They wear white, and the great serpent ring on their ring finger on their right hand. Aes Sedai wear whatever they want, with a formal shawl in their Ajahs colours. They can wear their ring wherever they want, and can come and go as they please. They are split into seven Ajah’s: The Blue Ajah involve themselves with causes and justice, and are always calm and expert manipulators.

The Blue Ajah is the second smallest one, but it has the most extensive network of eyes-and-ears (spies), and are the second smallest. The White Ajah devotes itself to questions of philosophy and truth, are all coldly logical (they don’t show emotion. Ever. And they always ALWAYS think things through logically) and is the smallest Ajah. The Brown Ajah forsakes the mundane world and dedicates itself to seeking knowledge, and they are always far-off and bookwormy. They can’t focus on one thing for very long.

The Gray are mediators, seeking harmony and consensus. The red Ajah bends its energies to finding men who can channel and gentling them. Although women cannot detect saidin, they can read the residue of the weaves and that is their primary tool for tracking- they don’t like men (so as such do NOT have warders), and although all Aes Sedai don’t like men who channel, and ‘take care’ of them, Reds HATE men who can channel.

The Green (called the Battle Ajah, during the Trolloc Wars) holds itself ready for Tarmon Gai'don (the Final Battle, where the Dragon reborn will fight the Dark One for the sake of the world), they also are a BIG fan of men (besides those who can channel), and as such they usually have two or three Warders. The Yellow concentrates on the study of Healing. There is an eighth Ajah, although the Aes Sedai deny it, called the Black Ajah. The Black Ajah is dedicated to the service of the Dark One- there are some in every Ajah, undercover.

The Aes Sedai all take three oaths, bound to them by a Ter‘angreal: To never speak a word that is not true (although the truth you hear may not be the truth they mean), to never make a weapon for man to kill other men, and to never use the power as weapon except against Shadowspawn, in defence of their life, their warders or another sisters life (Sister is what they call fellow Aes Sedai). These oaths are unbreakable, save by the Black Ajah, who have sworn new oaths to The Dark One. The Aes Sedai MUST be skilled manipulators and cunning wordsmiths, and must not bat an eyelid at using people for their own ends. That is Compulsory.

--The Warders (male only) : The Warders are Blademasters of the highest calibre, the greatest warriors in the world. Every Full Aes Sedai has one (except the Red Ajah, who don’t have them, and the Green Ajah, who have several, some even marrying one of their Warders). If you are to be a Warder, please set out an Aes Sedai to follow- as a Warder, you must follow your bonded Aes Sedai to keep her safe from harm- whether it be an NPC or a player (I recommend the latter). The Warder feels a portion of whatever the Aes Sedai feels (and vice versa- whether it be pain, pleasure, sorrow, anger, etc) and the Aes Sedai can “Compel” the Warder to do something via the bond, which forces them to do it. This is rarely used. Although very good at sword craft, the Warders are hardly invincible.

--Whitecloaks (Generally males) : The Whitecloaks are against ALL uses of The One Power. They see all Aes Sedai and male channelers as Darkfriends (humans that worship The Dark One), and have sworn to exterminate all those that can channel. They always wear a white and Gold uniform-and-cloak, with a Golden Sunburst on their chest. There are also the “Questioners”, who are unpopular even amongst the Whitecloaks, their symbol being the Golden sunburst with a scarlet shepherds crook behind it.

They question for “guilt”, and torture for confessions….even if the accused has nothing to confess. After enough torture, one will confess anything. The Whitecloaks real name is “The Children of The Light”, the Questioners name being “The Hand of the Light”, but people never use those names, referring to them as their slang…not to their faces, of course. Never to their faces. They swagger about and are generally zealous and arrogant.
    Whitecloaks generally don’t like Questioners, and refer to them by their slang name rather then their formal name- to their backs, at least. Even a Child of The Light is not safe from The Hand of The Lights. Questioners don’t have friends. They are suspicious of everyone and everything.

--Darkfriends: those that worship the Dark One, whom they call “The Great Lord of the Dark”. (the Dark Ones name is Shai’tan, but saying it is classed as the WORST luck ever, so it is NEVER- I repeat, NEVER- used).

Ok….that’s it then. That’s the background and what you need to know for the purposes of this RP. The roles that are prohibited are as followed:

--The Forsaken: There are only thirteen, and they are trapped within the Dark Ones prison. They have appearances and personalities that are defined in the books, so…yeah.

--The Amyrlin Seat: The leader of the White Tower Aes Sedai. For various reasons, chief among her being a named character in the book.

--King/queen of Murandy/Tarabon/Andor/Cairhein/High Lords of Tear: They have surprisingly little freedom, and, again, are all named characters in the book.

--Rand al’Thor, Mattrim Cauthorn, Perrin: Main characters in the books. Only just born.

--Moiraine/any named Aes Sedai: Obvious reasons.

--Pedron Niall: Leader of the Children of Light, the “Whitecloaks”, he’s a named character.

--The Dark One/The Creator: You can’t be these two for obvious reasons.

Roles I would advise against:

--Trollocs: Beastial half men, they are not intelligent. At all. They fight and eat. That’s it.

--Myrddraal/Fades/sightless, etc: Whilst just as intelligent as humans, you get no choice with your personality, appearance or motives. They all look the same and act the same, and all serve the Dark One (Shai’tan)

--Aiel: One of the retreating Aiel (returning to the wastes after their goal was complete). They don’t like “wetlanders”. They will be attacked wherever they go, their ways are too complex to explain, etc.

--Any Lord or Lady: They get very little freedom. If you want to be a noble of a lesser house from Andor, Cairhein, Tear, Murandy, etc. then let me know. I just advise against it, is all.

Ok, now that’s over and done with, roles that I suggest need filling:

--Soldiers that fought against Aiel before Tar Valon (note: you think the Aiel left because you beat them.) :
    Murdoch and Bryan (me)

--Soldiers (other. EG. Royal guard, local police, etc) :

--Peasants (please specify sub-role, eg farmer, Fletcher, blacksmith) :

-Lacey, ordinary girl, father works at local inn.

--Merchants (please specify sub-type, eg fabrics, tobacco, food, etc) :

--Warders (note: You MUST have an Aes Sedai NPC along with you, or another Rper to be your Aes Sedai)

-Gabriel, Skye's warder [Brandon]

--Aes Sedai (Please specify Ajah. I would only like one per Ajah, please, and at least one Red, and unless you‘re red, you must have at least One Warder. I would like to start with a maximum of three, but that can expand after a while) :

-Skye (Shuyler), Yellow Ajah.
    -Kristie, new Aes Sedai, Green Ajah.
    -Capri, Red Ajah

--Novices:

--Accepted:

--Men who can channel (Two only, please, and specify how long you‘ve known you can channel) :
    Bryan, 10 years (me)

--Wilders (Three max please) :

--Whitecloaks:

Rowan [Howl}

--Whitecloak Questioners:

--Other (please specify) :
    Murdoch, soldier (mercenary) (me)

The Rules:
    No Godmodding.
    No leaving without announcing
    I will try to bend to allow you in…but I won’t change the rules completely.
    Please try to stay within the rules of magic here.
    Have fun

There are rules about the One Power (I won‘t go into depth, these are just generally) : Death can’t be healed, and there are some wounds that can’t be healed. The energy that is required for healing always comes from the patient. You can lift others, but it is the hardest to do, and varies according to your strength in The Power. You can shield, and be shielded, from the power, stopping your channelling immediately, by another wielder. How easily depends on your strength, and cutting off someone already channelling is harder then cutting someone off who isn‘t.

13 Aes Sedai can “link“, combining their powers, but men need a woman to link them. Conversely, 13 Aes Sedai need a man to take the link to 27, then another to take it to 41, etc. Men are stronger in the power individually to women, though. Men who channel are doomed to go mad as the taint of the Dark One seeps into their mind- when they go mad varies. It could be ten years, it could be ten days; it does, however, depend on how often they use Saidin.

Women who can channel can’t detect men channelling, but men who can channel get a tingly feeling on their arm when women channel. Women who Channel can detect other women channelling, just as men who channel can detect other men channelling. For both genders, seeing the same sex channel is like seeing a glow, an aura around them. Women who have been Aes Sedai for a while can detect women who can channel, whether or not they’re channelling at that moment.

There is a weaving (what they call spells) that can detect men’s channelling, and that’s what the Red Ajah use. Most men who can Channel can overwhelm an Aes Sedai one-on-one, and usually require two or three Aes Sedai linked to defeat him and shield him. Rand Al’thor, Mazrim Taim and Logain all require at least five Aes Sedai to overwhelm, six at most. I will step in if you go too far with the power.

I will explain the rules of enemies as they appear (Eg. Trollocs, Myrdraal, Grey Men, Draghkar, etc.) You can make up other creatures, bandits, etc.
    You may have up to two other characters under your control (Unless you’re green Ajah, then you can have a max of four Warders)

Now, for the setting:
    It's a small hamlet in the north of Andor. There is a blacksmith, a stables, three inns and a large collection of houses, but besides that it's barely classed as a town. It's small and out of the way, and that is where we start. You can be passing through, running from something or just living there. Murdoch and Brian are both living there and have been for a year, since Brian managed to escape the Red Ajah that were hunting him. They first grew suspicious during a series of suspicious events during the final battle of the Aiel War, and set off in pursuit after Murdoch and Brian. Murdoch and Brian escaped, settling down for the past year.
    Now, Red Ajah Aes Sedai have arrived in town, asking after Murdoch and, more specifically, Brian. (When I say, lol). There have also been rumours of Trollocs in the area...what will happen?

Last edited by Murdoch on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:45 pm; edited 10 times in total
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Read Me Re: Wheel of Time: Darkness Falls

Post by Mercy Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:07 pm

I would join this but my drugged up brain wont function. I'm on dayquill/sudafed [sp!] right now. Sad
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:09 pm

You can join tomorrow or something, I just want to see if there's interest Smile
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:15 pm

there is much of an interest. I'm a serious rp'r but Sad Sad Sad my brain... my brain....

O;IJFGOHIATJHIOHTJOJ I hate this. I want to understand this and rp Sad
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:22 pm

well, read it when you're not drugged up. Besides that, only post on here when you are joining; I don't want to clutter this up with ooc chat, lmao.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:49 pm

No one? Sad
    Skye
    Skye

Post by Skye Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:59 pm

Full Yellow Aes Sedai?
    I don't really have a bio format for this, so I can't provide that right now... O_o
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:49 pm

Either a Green Ajah, or a Whitecloak(I know it said generally male, but a woman being one would be alright?)

What kind of clothing is worn at this time? For my bio.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm

Ok, I have to say something: Any questions PM Me; I don't want this cluttering it up...but no ones joining anyway Sad

And no, I don't think there are any female whitecloaks. Except for some notable exceptions (like the Seanchan, but they aren't in this RP, and the Aiel) in this time period, its men fight and women stay at home/manipulate/etc. Although women have FULL equality, women don't generally join the army. It's not that they're not allowed, and they certainly are allowed to know how to fight...I guess it just isn't "Done". But you can be a green Ajah, and the clothing is medieval-style. Long, elegant dresses, riding breeches, tunics, etc etc. Smile
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:42 pm

Name: Murdoch
    Appearance: Just under Six feet tall, he wears a black tunic and breeches and ankle-high boots. He wears a pair of black leather working gloves and still keeps his suit of armour- a black plate-mail affair- from his days as a mercenary. He has sharp blue eyes and black, short hair.
    Weapons: He is a qualified Blademaster, owning a heron-marked hand-and-a-half sword, but uses his militarised quarterstaff more often.
    Background: He's an old friend of Bryan, having fought with him in the Aiel Wars, and stayed with him even after he learnt that Bryan could channel. He's staying in the small village to help Bryan hide from and evade the Aes Sedai.
    Nationality: Andoran by birth, but his skin has darkened from his travels.
    Role: Mercenary Soldier travelling with Bryan.

Name: Bryan
    Appearance: Fairer skinned than Murdoch, he has pale-ish skin and blonde hair with dark green eyes. He is shorter than Murdoch by a few inches, and wears primarily brown clothes.
    Weapon: He wields a Longsword and a Rapier, and is very good but not quite as good as Murdoch.
    Background: He started channelling when he was around 20- quite late, by average standards- but rarely uses it, hoping that the less he uses it, the more he staves off the eventual madness. He met Murdoch five years ago in the middle of the Aiel War, and they became fast friends. He learnt some techniques with his sword from Murdoch, but is nowhere near as skilled.
    Nationality: Tarien by birth.
    Skye
    Skye

Post by Skye Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:58 pm

Name: Schuyler Mullin
    Appearance: Schuyler's face shows no sign of wrinkles, as all Aes Sedais do. She has long, red hair tied in a French braid down her back tied with a black ribbon. Freckles cover her face, and her eyes are a dark brown. She stands at 5'7", and is quite thin. A scar runs from her right middle finger to her mid forearm, but she tends to keep it out of sight.
    Clothes:A dress, along with her yellow shall. Her serpent ring sits on her left middle finger.
    Weapons/companions: Schuyler carries a small knife with her, but it's not for fighting reasons. Her company is Lucas, otherwise known as her Warder.
    Role: Full Yellow Aes Sedai.

Warder:
    Name: Lucas(Luke) Cunningham.
    Appearance: Luke stands at 5'10", with pale-white skin. His face comes with no distinguishing characteristics, besides for brown eyes and a very sharp, angled jaw. His hair is black, and it's kept short for practicality reasons.
    Clothes: Luke wears primarily black clothing, and black chain mail. Black leather riding gloves stay on his hands night and day.
    Weapons/companions: Luke carries a hand and a half sword, along with a hunting knife.
    Role: Warder.

Omnomnom?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:03 am

That's good Smile Get more to join!
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:39 pm

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Kristie, a few issues; one, an Aes Sedai wouldn't be 24 unless she's a new one- is your character a new Aes Sedai?- she would be more 40+ if she were experienced, and as soon as you are raised to the shawl, you choose a warder to protect you (unless you're red). Besides that, looks good Smile
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:34 pm

ooc: I might join as Skye's Warder....idk yet
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:34 pm

ooc: I might join as Skye's Warder....idk yet
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:33 pm

Please join Smile If you want to be Skye's warder, A) you'll be a blademaster with a heron mark blade, B) you'll have to, to a certain extent, obey her orders and C) clear it with Skye Smile
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:53 pm

I suppose I'll be new. Not sure how thrilled I'd be to be 40 or so, lol, so I'll be new, and I'll also change my age to 28. Is that okay?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:56 pm

Yes, but if you want to be out of the White Tower, you need a Warder, unless you're a red. Sorry.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Basic
    Name: Gabriel Rourke
    Sex: Male

Features
    Species: Human
    Ethnic: Mixed (White and Black)
    Skin color: Light Brown
    Tattoo: Black tigers stripes down my arm and on my shoulder
    Height: 6'3"
    Build: Slim, athletic. Extremely toned body from excessive training
    Weight: 210
    Hair (color/style): Dark brown with a light shine. Mid-length slightly shaggy
    Eyes: Brown with hazel streaks.

Dress ware
    Head: Thin, white head band a little long so the two ends can fall down my neck and onto my back.
    Glasses: N/A
    Jewerly/peircings: A silver necklace from my sister, which I keep in a small pouch around my waist.
    Clothing: https://media.photobucket.com/image/medieval%20anime%20warrior/lickyhpkit/anime%2520pictures/1125435307_resWarrior.jpg
    ^^above also with black boots.
    Weapons: These two, mid length swords crossed on my back-
    http://www.exchange3d.com/images/uploads/aff269/03_images/Ksword_LT_00.jpg
    One long sword I carry sheathed on my side—
    http://www.patriotknife.com/images/United-Black-Ikazuchi-Forged-Ninja-Katana-1045-Carbon-Sword-46-UC2586.jpg

About Character
    Relationship status: Single
    Sexuality: Straight
    Personality: Nice, sensitive when you get to know me, strong silent type, quiet, quick to anger, loves to fight, determined, blunt, harsh, and mean when it’s necessary.
    Background: He grew up, never knowing his parents. This ill begining of his life had him turn this curse into his lifestyle, he was taken in early by an elderly couple. Alice and Peter were there names. He didn't interact much with them, seeing as they died around the time he turned seven. Their deaths caused him to be tossed into the violent and dangerous life of a criminal, stealing and fighting for every scrap of food. But this rugged life is what hardened him once he became an adult, becoming the leader of a crime ring in his town. He soon became known as a bloodthirsty and ruthless killer. Anyone who challenged him or anyone in his ring, he fought them himself, to better himself. But this constant violent and murderous lifestyle caused him the become insane, prone to blood rages and psychotic black outs once he's been caused a high amount of pain. Once he heard an Aes Sedai was in town and what they were asking for, he rushed for the opportunity, hoping to further his skills in combat. He did not. However, know about the bonding taking place and her ability to control his will. He didn't like this at all, because of his previous leader status. But, after attempting to rebel multiple times found it was usless and gave into his master's will. He has been with Shuyler's will.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:12 am

Ok, who wants to start? We can await others if you want, or start now. I also need to say that I am closing off the Aes Sedai; no more. You can NPC the Red Ajah with you- decide between you, Skye and Kristie, who will control her.

Also, you need to decide who's more powerful out of the two of you; who is stronger in the power? The stronger one will be in charge, and I think it should be Skye; only marginally more powerful, so Kristie won't have to scrape and bow to her, but weaker by enough that Kristie has to show deference; Aes Sedai rank themselves on how powerful an individual is.

Also, an Aes Sedai doesn't feel heat or cold, and has unlimited cool composure, they are manipulative and can lie with the truth. Kristie, you won't be able to do that perfectly yet; you might make a few mistakes and allow small cracks to show in your composure, since you're new, but Skye, you will have to be perfectly calm all the time, since you're an experienced Aes Sedai. Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Ordinary girl/ Villager?

Name: Lacey
    Apperance: Just under 5' feet tall. She wears a dress that is white and brown, and hair in a braid in the back.
    Skin color: Pale
    Build/ Body type: Average body
    Eye Color: Green
    Height: 4'10
    Weight: 107
    Hair: In a frech braid with ribbon tieing it off.
    Hair Color: Light Brown
    Clothing: http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://images.complete-costumes.co.uk/fancy-dress-costume.php/i/434/im/80/n/Girls-Medieval-Tudor-Fancy-Dress-Costume-80.jpg&imgrefurl=http://complete-costumes.co.uk/costume-hire/costume_details.php/item/434/%3FlistQstr%3D/section/0017%26page%3D5%26sid%3Dgoogle&usg=__Pg7iy12gN5KKaWYclTqqLZ75upg=&h=1500&w=1125&sz=182&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=XruLw-xIY-Fb0M:&tbnh=134&tbnw=103&ei=xw8yTcXdOI-WsgOio-nDBQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmedieval%2Bdress%2Bcostume%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1276%26bih%3D851%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=152&oei=xw8yTcXdOI-WsgOio-nDBQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=46&ved=1t:429,r:42,s:0&tx=38&ty=48

Sexuality: Straight
    Relationship Status: Single
    Personality: I act differently around different people. People who are nice to me I will act Sweet and Nice to them, if they are mean I will act differently. Really gulible and outgoing.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Name: Rowan Rum
    Sex: Male
    Group: Whitecloak
    Ethnic: Caucasian
    Skin tone: Pale
    Tattoo: None
    Height: 5' 10
    Build: Well-built and has muscular arms.
    Hair (color/style): Light brown/ shaggy
    Eyes: Always silver
    Jewerly/peircings:None
    Coat/Jacket: White and gold cloak with the sun emblem on it.
    Top: Whitecloak uniform
    Bottom:Whitecloak uniform
    Shoes: Leather Boots
    Relationship status: Single
    Sexuality:Straight
    Personality: Calm, cold and hungers for justice.
    Weapons: Double roman-style gladius. Small daggers hidden under his boots.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:13 pm

ooc: Ok, I'm starting. For those of you who have no idea how to jump in, I will make it easier for you:

Brandon, Skye and Kristie; you are all Aes Sedai/warders, and you are here on a report from one of the Blue Eyes-and-Ears (spies) that a mysterious man showed up here about the time that the man that the red was chasing disappeared. He has been watched for some time, and the Eye-and-Ear is convinced that he is the man you're looking for. You have a Red with you and an NPC warder- controlled by Kristie- along with Skye and Brandon. Skye is in charge, being slightly more powerful than Kristie, but not enough to make Kristie scrape and bow. Only enough to make her show deference. You've just entered the area of the town.

Howl, you are a whitecloak in a group of five that has been sent to investigate the town; the Whitecloaks have spies, too, and a spy reprted recently that a group of Aes Sedai were in the area. A number of groups were dispatched to investigate and secure the villages in this area, and you have been sent to this village.

Murdoch and Bryan- and Lacey- are already in the village because they live here. Bryan and Murdoch showed up a year ago, and Bryan lives on a farm a short way south of the village (the Aes Sedai are coming from the North). Lacey, it's up to you whether you want to know M&B personally or not at all. Bryan will come in a little later, but ATM, Murdoch will be the only Char. under my control.

Also, you do NOT have to do posts this long. That is optional. XD

Ic:

The Wheel of Time turns, and ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is forgotten when the age that gave it birth comes again. In one age, called the Third Age by some, an Age long past, an Age yet to come, a wind rises in the skies above the Bralin Wood. The wind was neither the beginning or end, for there are no beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it is a beginning.

The wind is breathed into life by the blue, almost cloudless skies above the trees, a small breeze that quickly descends and becomes a gust of wind that rustles past the leaves in the wood in the North East of Andor. It is soon whistling past trees and leaves and bushes and small little woodland animals that are going about their daily business, only pausing to sniff the wind for signs of danger. Some bolt away as they catch the scent of a predator, and some are less fortunate.

Onwards it blows, passing the town of Four Kings, changing direction suddenly as it meets an opposing draft, speeding off across the flats as it passes village after village, until it reaches a small hamlet, just in the North-North-West of the country, named Caralame. The inhabitants don't know it as such, of course; they simply know it as "home".
    Not many of them have ever been very far outside of the town, being content just to live inside their own little bubble of happiness. They know outsiders exist, of course, but they're quite happy to stay out of the affairs of the higher-class, noble families. Let them do the scheming and fighting.

The town square is fairly small, only 20-25 metres across, ringed with a small selection of shops; a grocery store, where farmers can buy or sell goods such as crops, and the public can buy the goods, a butchers, a bakers, a tailors, a tanners a blacksmith and a stables. It has only one inn, a small, two story building with strong brick walls, stout timber support beams and a strong, waterproof woven thatch roof. A single sign outside, swinging on a slightly rusted bar declares it simply as "The Andoran Pride". Houses of those not living above one of the shops are located either side of a small path that exits the square from the south, the path then turning into a road to lead down to the few farms along that way. The opposite road, the one to the north, leads straight into countryland from the square, and the village only has a basic wooden wall and a small metal gate protecting it. The gates hinges, on close inspection, have a thin layer of rust coating it, as do the bars, suggesting a long time immobile and open. The wooden wall has holes in several places, near the base, from dogs and other small animals, and doesn't look like it could hold off a small breeze, let alone a hostile force.

It is midday, and the square is bustling. Men going about their jobs in the blacksmith, pounding away, or in the stables or bakers, women hard at work in the tailors and grocery stores, or out in the streets shopping for their daily food, or farmers just coming in from the outlying farms to sell their goods on small carts or pack-laden horses. The villagers respectfully move aside for the lumbering wagons or trotting horses, nodding as they pass politely.

On one of these wagons sits a tall man, wearing a black high-collared coat and black breeches. He spurs on a pair of horses, one white with brown spots on him, one a chestnut brown, as they pull the cart towards the grocers. He nods respectfully and amicably enough to the villagers, and even though he seems distant, they seem to take that in their stride. His clothes are made of a rough wool, despite their striking colour, and instead of leaning on the wagon, he sits bolt upright and looks about him discreetly. You can see, if you know what to look for, that he is not an ordinary villager.

Murdoch is a trained soldier, everyone knows that; he and his companion Bryan showed up about a year ago, fleeing from some kind of trouble. Not uncommon, not since the Aiel War, when the Bandits decided that, with the armies of the nations occupied elsewhere, they could terrorise at will. Even two years after the end of the Aiel War, bandits still attacked the small hamlets that no one cared about, so the villagers were happy enough to take them in. They took up lodgings in an abandoned farm whose owner had died with no heirs, restoring it to working order quite quickly. Bryan and Murdoch would both work the land, Murdoch bringing the crops in each month, and Bryan would frequently visit the village to meet up with some friends; he quickly became known as the more sociable of the two; even though Murdoch is fair and nice enough, there's a sense about him of a sort of danger, and it unnerves most people, as does his 'man of few words' motif.

They further ingratiated themselves to the villagers when, a few months into their stay, a small band of six or seven bandits started terrorizing the village. When Bryan and Murdoch arrived in town, the people were terrified to come out of their houses, not being the type to fight back, and the townspeople watched from their windows as two men- now revealed as fully-trained soldiers- chased them out of town.

So it is that people nod politely to Murdoch as he pulls up outside the grocers and climbs down from the cart quickly but composedly. He tethers the horses quickly to a nearby post, and moves to the door.
    The owner of the grocers, a man named Tom Farrer, has already seen Murdoch pulling up and has moves outside to meet him. He is a squat, portly fellow, about forty years old and with whispy blonde hair and twinkling green eyes. He is 'pleasantly plump,' and always seems to have a merry face on him, no matter the weather.

"Murdoch, my good man!" He says jovially as he reaches Murdoch. He offers a hand, which Murdoch takes firmly. "What have you got for me this time?"
    Murdoch releases the hand, and turns to walk to the back of the cart, Tom following. "Just some Barley and wheat this time. Should help the inn out; I've been hearing that the inn has been struggling to make enough ale." There's a hint of a question in there.
    "Aye, it's true. Ale seems to be so popular these days, and it's hard to get enough Barley at one time, what with more and more people thinking they can do it themselves and buying up all the crops. It's a cryin' shame." He laughs, then, a slightly booming sound that sets him wobbling.

"Well, save this shipment for the inn. Brian will be crushed if he comes down and there's no ale in town." Murdoch allows himself a small smile.
    "Will do, m'boy, will do. Can't have Bryan running out of ale, now, can we? I'll tell the innkeeper to save the best brew for Brian!" He laughs again. "So tell me; when is Bryan planning on taking a jaunt down? I know that some of the young ladies are starting to miss him something fierce!"
    Murdoch raises an eyebrow. "They do know that he's almost twice their age, right?"
    "Oh, aye, they do...but some of them don't care!" Tom laughs again. "Young girls and their crushes, eh? Tease him about it for me, will ya?" He doesn't wait for Murdoch's response as he plows on. "Still, you didn't answer m' question; when's he coming down?"

Murdoch unties one of the ropes for the cover of the wagon. "You can tease him yourself; He's planning on taking a jaunt down later today; it's only a half-hours ride on horseback from our farm, and he's been missing his friends."
    Tom chuckles again. "Oh, there will certainly be people happy to hear that. Maybe we can persuade him to regale us with tales from the war!" He starts laughing, but cuts off as he catches Murdoch's dark look. They never do talk about the war; he should have thought before that last comment.

Tom coughs. "Anyway, let's look at what you've got me, shall we?"
    Murdoch's dark look vanishes suddenly as he regains composure, and unties the second rope on the tarpaulin. Gripping the edge, he gestures for Tom to get the other corner, and together they slowly peel back the covering that covers the back end of the medium-sized cart. They tie the rope around one of the wheel spokes, and they move back to the back of the cart.

"Oh my..." says Tom.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Lacey walks quitely around the town, walking to her favorite spot in the town, a huge tree that provides shade in the summer when its hot out. Lacey walks towards it and sits down and puts her head against the trunk and closes her eyes blissfully. 'another hour untill I need to go help out at the Inn for awhile' Lacey thinks, yawning a bit and staring off into the town and looking as some people are mingling outside the person's house.

Lacey gets up as she see's her Dad outside the Inn, looking around for me. Lacey jumps up and walks over to her Dad. " What do you want me to do today Dad?" Lacey asks, walking into the Inn, sitting on a chair near the wall. "Well, all I need you to do is help people when they need help, and thats good for today" Lacey Dad's says, walking around the Inn, re-aranging things. "Sure, I would love to help" Lacey says, waiting for people to come in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:23 am