Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+3
Skye
Mercy
Murdoch
7 posters

Wheel of Time: Darkness Falls

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Read Me Wheel of Time: Darkness Falls

Post by Murdoch Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is an RP based on The Wheel of Time. It takes place three years after the Aiel War, when the Aiel (the warrior tribes from the Aiel Wastes, across The Spine of The World mountains) are retreating to their homes. The set-up is…long, to say the least, but it IS important. This is a whole world, and I need to condense it as much as humanly possible…bear with me please.

Only serious Rpers, please. I plan to have this go on for a while, and I plan for this to have a story line of sorts. I would like this to stay alive past on night. You must also be willing to read. A lot.
    However, you can skim. I don’t expect you to read every last bit. You can skip the background if you wish, but I suggest at least half-reading it. You can skip the bit about The One Power if you don’t plan on being able to use “magic”, but I suggest you read about the Aes Sedai and the Whitecloaks.

Background:
    At the dawn of time, The Creator forged the universe and the Wheel of Time which, as it turns, spins all lives. The Wheel has seven spokes, each representing an age, and it rotates under the One Power, which flows from the True Source. Essentially composed of male and female halves (saidin and saidar) in opposition and in unison, this power turns the Wheel. Those humans who can use this power are known as Channelers; the principal organization of such Channelers in the books is called the Aes Sedai or 'Servants of All' in the Old Tongue.

The Creator imprisoned its antithesis, Shai'tan, at the moment of creation, sealing him away from the Wheel. However, in a time called the Age of Legends, an Aes Sedai experiment inadvertently breached the Dark One's prison, allowing his influence to seep back into the world. He rallied the powerful, the corrupt and the ambitious to his cause and these servants began an effort to free the Dark One fully from his prison, so he might remake time and reality in his own image. In response to this threat, the Wheel spun out the Dragon, a channeler of immense power, to be a champion for the Light. In the Age of Legends Lews Therin Telamon was named the Dragon, who eventually rose to command the Aes Sedai and their allies in the struggle against the Dark One's forces. After a grueling ten-year war, which began a century after the Dark One's prison was breached, Telamon led his forces to victory in a daring assault on the site of the earthly link to the Dark One's prison, and was able to seal it off, his highest and most powerful subjects, The Forsaken- 13 men and women who swore themselves to Shai’tan- being sealed away at the same time.

However, at this moment of victory the Dark One tainted saidin, driving male channelers of the One Power insane. The male channelers devastated the world with the One Power, unleashing earthquakes and tidal waves that reshaped the planet, referred to in subsequent ages as "The Breaking of the World." Their leader, Lews Therin, killed his friends, his family, and everyone in any way related to him and finally himself in his insanity thus gaining the epithet Kinslayer. Eventually, the last male Aes Sedai was killed or cut off from the One Power, leaving the human race all but destroyed and only women able to wield the One Power safely.

The Aes Sedai reconstituted and guided humanity out of this dark time. Mankind now lived under the shadow of a prophecy that the Dark One would break free from his prison and the Dragon would be reborn to face him once more, raining destruction upon the world in the process of saving it from the Dark One.

Over the next three and a half thousand years, the human race returns to a level of technology and culture roughly comparable to that of the 18th century (although without military use of gunpowder and without formalized science, the development of both playing a part in the story), with the difference that women enjoy full equality with men in most societies, and are superior in some. This is put down to the power and influence of the female-only Aes Sedai spilling over into everyday life. Several major wars have ravaged the main continent since the defeat of the Dark One, such as the Trolloc Wars, when the surviving servants of the Dark One tried to destroy civilization once more but were defeated by an alliance of nations led by the Aes Sedai; and the War of the Hundred Years, a devastating civil war that followed the fall of a continent-spanning empire ruled by the High King, Artur Hawkwing.

These wars have prevented the human race from regaining the power and high technology of the Age of Legends, and also left humanity divided. Even the prestige of the Aes Sedai has fallen, with their shrinking numbers and the emergence of organizations such as the Children of the Light, a militant order who hold that all who dabble with the One Power are servants of the Shadow.

The nations of the modern era are able to unite against the warrior-clans of the Aiel, who cross into the western kingdoms on a mission of vengeance after they suffered a grievous insult, but are too divided to work effectively together in other areas. Over the Ages, there have been “False Dragons”, who all claim to be The Dragon Reborn. Each one has either been killed or “Gentled”, if they could indeed Channel, by the White Tower, the seat of Aes Sedai power in the city of Tar Valon.

Now, this may take you a while to read, but its important. I cannot stress enough how important this is to those that wish to use magic.

The One Power:
    The One Power is divided into male and female halves, saidin and saidar respectively, that work both with and against each other to drive the Wheel of Time. The True Source cannot be consumed by channellers, as a river cannot be consumed by a waterwheel. Each half of the One Power is able to be used only by people of the associated sex, and men and women have very different experiences in channeling.

The One Power is basically magic, and using too much of it at once can either kill you or “Still” you, which is what being cut off from the True Source is called- you can sense it, but you cannot touch it. Females surrender to Saidar, surrender and merely guide it to what they wish it to do- they compare it to a flower opening towards Saidar, absorbing, releasing and guiding the flow- whilst Males have to fight Saidin.

They fight it with every fibre of their being to prevent it from overwhelming them, fight to control it. As it is, Males that can channel are rare, as any male that channels is doomed to go mad and kill and destroy until he is either killed, “gentled” (What the Aes Sedai call stilling a man) or dies himself, although times vary from two years to over ten. Aes Sedai hunt these men and Gentle them to prevent them from causing destruction.

Angreal are artifacts which enable its users to draw more of the One Power than they would normally be able to. Angreal also protect them from drawing enough Power to burn themselves out.

Sa'angreal are identical to angreal, except that they allow the user to draw more Power than even an angreal can handle. Ter'angreal are objects of the One Power that perform specific functions. Some ter'angreal do not require the One Power to be used for their activation. The techniques the ancient Aes Sedai used to create angreal, sa'angreal, and ter'angreal has long been forgotten to the White Tower.

Not everyone has the ability to "channel" the One Power. Most men and women cannot reach it at all; of those who can, most must be taught to access it to varying extents, and can go their entire lives without touching (or even knowing they can touch) the Source. Generally those on the main continent find out when Aes Sedai, visit their town on a recruiting trip. Aes Sedai visitors also search for the few channelers who are born with "the spark," an innate gift that will inevitably lead them to touch the Source. If left untrained, these gifted channelers often die without ever gaining control over their innate ability; the Aes Sedai estimate the mortality rate at 75% or more.

Those who survive, called "wilders" by the Aes Sedai, do not realize that they have channeled, only that "things happen" if they want them to. To aid in this self-deception, they often develop a "block," an instinctive self-preservation behavior that keeps them from channeling in all but exceptional circumstances. Known blocks include only being able to channel while angry, in the presence of men, with one's eyes closed, and so on. These blocks can be eventually overcome, but only after significant and sometimes drastic counseling.

Ok, now I know this may take you a while as well, but is ultimately important. These are the main factions that I feel you need describing, and the rules for you being one:

--Aes Sedai, Women only (you can just skim this if you aren‘t going to be Aes Sedai. If you want to be Aes Sedai, you MUST read this) : The Aes Sedai are the women who can channel. Their base is in the White Tower in tar Valon, and they go in three stages: Novices are the lowest. They are basically servants with no pay as they also attend lessons in self-control, politics, history etc. They wear grey. Accepted are slightly higher then Novices, and are occasionally allowed out of the tower. They wear white, and the great serpent ring on their ring finger on their right hand. Aes Sedai wear whatever they want, with a formal shawl in their Ajahs colours. They can wear their ring wherever they want, and can come and go as they please. They are split into seven Ajah’s: The Blue Ajah involve themselves with causes and justice, and are always calm and expert manipulators.

The Blue Ajah is the second smallest one, but it has the most extensive network of eyes-and-ears (spies), and are the second smallest. The White Ajah devotes itself to questions of philosophy and truth, are all coldly logical (they don’t show emotion. Ever. And they always ALWAYS think things through logically) and is the smallest Ajah. The Brown Ajah forsakes the mundane world and dedicates itself to seeking knowledge, and they are always far-off and bookwormy. They can’t focus on one thing for very long.

The Gray are mediators, seeking harmony and consensus. The red Ajah bends its energies to finding men who can channel and gentling them. Although women cannot detect saidin, they can read the residue of the weaves and that is their primary tool for tracking- they don’t like men (so as such do NOT have warders), and although all Aes Sedai don’t like men who channel, and ‘take care’ of them, Reds HATE men who can channel.

The Green (called the Battle Ajah, during the Trolloc Wars) holds itself ready for Tarmon Gai'don (the Final Battle, where the Dragon reborn will fight the Dark One for the sake of the world), they also are a BIG fan of men (besides those who can channel), and as such they usually have two or three Warders. The Yellow concentrates on the study of Healing. There is an eighth Ajah, although the Aes Sedai deny it, called the Black Ajah. The Black Ajah is dedicated to the service of the Dark One- there are some in every Ajah, undercover.

The Aes Sedai all take three oaths, bound to them by a Ter‘angreal: To never speak a word that is not true (although the truth you hear may not be the truth they mean), to never make a weapon for man to kill other men, and to never use the power as weapon except against Shadowspawn, in defence of their life, their warders or another sisters life (Sister is what they call fellow Aes Sedai). These oaths are unbreakable, save by the Black Ajah, who have sworn new oaths to The Dark One. The Aes Sedai MUST be skilled manipulators and cunning wordsmiths, and must not bat an eyelid at using people for their own ends. That is Compulsory.

--The Warders (male only) : The Warders are Blademasters of the highest calibre, the greatest warriors in the world. Every Full Aes Sedai has one (except the Red Ajah, who don’t have them, and the Green Ajah, who have several, some even marrying one of their Warders). If you are to be a Warder, please set out an Aes Sedai to follow- as a Warder, you must follow your bonded Aes Sedai to keep her safe from harm- whether it be an NPC or a player (I recommend the latter). The Warder feels a portion of whatever the Aes Sedai feels (and vice versa- whether it be pain, pleasure, sorrow, anger, etc) and the Aes Sedai can “Compel” the Warder to do something via the bond, which forces them to do it. This is rarely used. Although very good at sword craft, the Warders are hardly invincible.

--Whitecloaks (Generally males) : The Whitecloaks are against ALL uses of The One Power. They see all Aes Sedai and male channelers as Darkfriends (humans that worship The Dark One), and have sworn to exterminate all those that can channel. They always wear a white and Gold uniform-and-cloak, with a Golden Sunburst on their chest. There are also the “Questioners”, who are unpopular even amongst the Whitecloaks, their symbol being the Golden sunburst with a scarlet shepherds crook behind it.

They question for “guilt”, and torture for confessions….even if the accused has nothing to confess. After enough torture, one will confess anything. The Whitecloaks real name is “The Children of The Light”, the Questioners name being “The Hand of the Light”, but people never use those names, referring to them as their slang…not to their faces, of course. Never to their faces. They swagger about and are generally zealous and arrogant.
    Whitecloaks generally don’t like Questioners, and refer to them by their slang name rather then their formal name- to their backs, at least. Even a Child of The Light is not safe from The Hand of The Lights. Questioners don’t have friends. They are suspicious of everyone and everything.

--Darkfriends: those that worship the Dark One, whom they call “The Great Lord of the Dark”. (the Dark Ones name is Shai’tan, but saying it is classed as the WORST luck ever, so it is NEVER- I repeat, NEVER- used).

Ok….that’s it then. That’s the background and what you need to know for the purposes of this RP. The roles that are prohibited are as followed:

--The Forsaken: There are only thirteen, and they are trapped within the Dark Ones prison. They have appearances and personalities that are defined in the books, so…yeah.

--The Amyrlin Seat: The leader of the White Tower Aes Sedai. For various reasons, chief among her being a named character in the book.

--King/queen of Murandy/Tarabon/Andor/Cairhein/High Lords of Tear: They have surprisingly little freedom, and, again, are all named characters in the book.

--Rand al’Thor, Mattrim Cauthorn, Perrin: Main characters in the books. Only just born.

--Moiraine/any named Aes Sedai: Obvious reasons.

--Pedron Niall: Leader of the Children of Light, the “Whitecloaks”, he’s a named character.

--The Dark One/The Creator: You can’t be these two for obvious reasons.

Roles I would advise against:

--Trollocs: Beastial half men, they are not intelligent. At all. They fight and eat. That’s it.

--Myrddraal/Fades/sightless, etc: Whilst just as intelligent as humans, you get no choice with your personality, appearance or motives. They all look the same and act the same, and all serve the Dark One (Shai’tan)

--Aiel: One of the retreating Aiel (returning to the wastes after their goal was complete). They don’t like “wetlanders”. They will be attacked wherever they go, their ways are too complex to explain, etc.

--Any Lord or Lady: They get very little freedom. If you want to be a noble of a lesser house from Andor, Cairhein, Tear, Murandy, etc. then let me know. I just advise against it, is all.

Ok, now that’s over and done with, roles that I suggest need filling:

--Soldiers that fought against Aiel before Tar Valon (note: you think the Aiel left because you beat them.) :
    Murdoch and Bryan (me)

--Soldiers (other. EG. Royal guard, local police, etc) :

--Peasants (please specify sub-role, eg farmer, Fletcher, blacksmith) :

-Lacey, ordinary girl, father works at local inn.

--Merchants (please specify sub-type, eg fabrics, tobacco, food, etc) :

--Warders (note: You MUST have an Aes Sedai NPC along with you, or another Rper to be your Aes Sedai)

-Gabriel, Skye's warder [Brandon]

--Aes Sedai (Please specify Ajah. I would only like one per Ajah, please, and at least one Red, and unless you‘re red, you must have at least One Warder. I would like to start with a maximum of three, but that can expand after a while) :

-Skye (Shuyler), Yellow Ajah.
    -Kristie, new Aes Sedai, Green Ajah.
    -Capri, Red Ajah

--Novices:

--Accepted:

--Men who can channel (Two only, please, and specify how long you‘ve known you can channel) :
    Bryan, 10 years (me)

--Wilders (Three max please) :

--Whitecloaks:

Rowan [Howl}

--Whitecloak Questioners:

--Other (please specify) :
    Murdoch, soldier (mercenary) (me)

The Rules:
    No Godmodding.
    No leaving without announcing
    I will try to bend to allow you in…but I won’t change the rules completely.
    Please try to stay within the rules of magic here.
    Have fun

There are rules about the One Power (I won‘t go into depth, these are just generally) : Death can’t be healed, and there are some wounds that can’t be healed. The energy that is required for healing always comes from the patient. You can lift others, but it is the hardest to do, and varies according to your strength in The Power. You can shield, and be shielded, from the power, stopping your channelling immediately, by another wielder. How easily depends on your strength, and cutting off someone already channelling is harder then cutting someone off who isn‘t.

13 Aes Sedai can “link“, combining their powers, but men need a woman to link them. Conversely, 13 Aes Sedai need a man to take the link to 27, then another to take it to 41, etc. Men are stronger in the power individually to women, though. Men who channel are doomed to go mad as the taint of the Dark One seeps into their mind- when they go mad varies. It could be ten years, it could be ten days; it does, however, depend on how often they use Saidin.

Women who can channel can’t detect men channelling, but men who can channel get a tingly feeling on their arm when women channel. Women who Channel can detect other women channelling, just as men who channel can detect other men channelling. For both genders, seeing the same sex channel is like seeing a glow, an aura around them. Women who have been Aes Sedai for a while can detect women who can channel, whether or not they’re channelling at that moment.

There is a weaving (what they call spells) that can detect men’s channelling, and that’s what the Red Ajah use. Most men who can Channel can overwhelm an Aes Sedai one-on-one, and usually require two or three Aes Sedai linked to defeat him and shield him. Rand Al’thor, Mazrim Taim and Logain all require at least five Aes Sedai to overwhelm, six at most. I will step in if you go too far with the power.

I will explain the rules of enemies as they appear (Eg. Trollocs, Myrdraal, Grey Men, Draghkar, etc.) You can make up other creatures, bandits, etc.
    You may have up to two other characters under your control (Unless you’re green Ajah, then you can have a max of four Warders)

Now, for the setting:
    It's a small hamlet in the north of Andor. There is a blacksmith, a stables, three inns and a large collection of houses, but besides that it's barely classed as a town. It's small and out of the way, and that is where we start. You can be passing through, running from something or just living there. Murdoch and Brian are both living there and have been for a year, since Brian managed to escape the Red Ajah that were hunting him. They first grew suspicious during a series of suspicious events during the final battle of the Aiel War, and set off in pursuit after Murdoch and Brian. Murdoch and Brian escaped, settling down for the past year.
    Now, Red Ajah Aes Sedai have arrived in town, asking after Murdoch and, more specifically, Brian. (When I say, lol). There have also been rumours of Trollocs in the area...what will happen?

Last edited by Murdoch on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:45 pm; edited 10 times in total
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Read Me Re: Wheel of Time: Darkness Falls

Post by Howl City Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:41 pm

The unnaturally white and gold cloaks rippled as the five men dressed in them marched on, attracting every villager’s attention as they passed by. It was not often that these villagers of the small town got to notice the sight of such a brilliant hue of white. Those cloaks seemed to be able to reflect off any light and were like miniature suns themselves. As they marched, the villagers mumbled and whispered silently at their arrival, but a mere glance from a child of light immediately got the villagers back to working. The five blurs of gold and white never stopped unless it was mandatory such as acquiring new supplies and asking for certain directions.

Unveiling the hood of his cloak, Rowan enters the only inn around this region where the owner is pretending to be lost in her work, while fully aware of the presence of Rowan.
    “Anything you need, honey?” The innkeeper asks with overdone kindness.
    “Have any unusual guests come recently?” Rowan said in a way that made it sound like half-snarling and half-grumbling. Due to the word of the spies he had deployed, the Aes Sedai were going to arrive soon in this town or already have. Being the only inn around, they would either need to camp out in the forest or stay in this inn.
    “N-no, sir, other than the usual drunks and hooligans, no,” The innkeeper said, unable to articulate his words properly.

Rowan simply left without saying anything more and the other four children of light followed him.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:44 am

Sitting in the back of the cart is a pile of wheat and barley unlike any singular pile that Tom has ever seen. The Cart is stacked to bursting with the stuff, and nothing else; usually, the cart is only three quarters this full, and with several different types of crops. They must have really gone all out when they heard that wheat and barley stores were down; this will make enough ale for a good month or so.

Murdoch affects not to notice Tom's blank stare, instead inspecting the wheat and barley. It's a good haul, split 50/50, and Murdoch is surprised at the amount of effort Bryan put into this. He must really like his ale...that, or he wants to help out these people as much as he can. Either way, it's an amazing feat...still, he supposes that they did spend a time up in Saldea, and Bryan spent a long time talking to the farmers; if you can make something grow in the borderlands, so close to the Blight, then you can grow something anywhere.

"I wanted to charge full price," Murdoch says, "But Bryan convinced me to give you a 10% discount for buying in bulk. Is that acceptable?"
    Tom nods wordlessly, for once caught speechless. He gestures vaguely for some of his hands to come help unload the wagon. When the boys get there- average looking fellows, about 16 or 17 with dark blondish hair, one with green eyes and one with blue, they take one look at the cart full of goods and visibly suppress a groan. Murdoch can't blame them.

He moves to help them unload the goods when he catches something on the edge of his vision. A flash of white and gold, over near the inn. Frowning slightly, he turns to take a look. Surely it can't be...
    There, leaving the inn and moving down the street; Whitecloaks. This can't be good. Wherever Whitecloaks appear, fear and trouble follow. What could they be doing in this tiny Hamlet?

Tom notices Murdochs distraction, and tears his eyes away from the masses of crops. "What is it, m'boy?" He asks cheerfully, if a bit faintly.
    "Trouble." Murdoch says simply, and Tom frowns in confusion as he follows Murdochs gaze. He curses, then, under his breath.
    "Blood and Ashes!" he mutters. Weird, to hear Tom curse like that. "What do they want?"
    "No idea," Murdoch says, "But I intend to find out..."

Before Tom can stop him, he's moved round to the front of his wagon and grabbed his sword from where it was lying on the seat next to the drivers seat- you never know who you may run into on the road; more than one bandit band has made the mistake of attacking Bryan or Murdoch- and buckled it onto his waist. He adjusts his clothes so that it's hidden but can be easily and casually revealed, Heron Mark and all- the mark emblazoned onto the hilt of a Blademasters sword- and sets off across the square.

He moves on an intercept course with the whitecloaks, watching them carefully as they push through the crowds, a lot of people simply moving out of their way. The Whitecloaks have been known to declare someone darkfriend just for bumping them a little hard, after all.
    Stepping into the road in front of them, Murdoch waits patiently for them to get close enough for him to speak. As they do so, he positions himself so that he's right in their way, and calls out in a clearly audible voice;
    "Ho there, friends," friends may be optimistic, but it's times like this that require diplomacy. Oh, how he wishes Bryan were here; he was always the more diplomatic of the two. "It's strange to see Children of The Light this far out of the way; is there something you're looking for?" Not the best, but not bad at all. Maybe he'll be able to get through this without revealing his sword...

Last edited by Murdoch on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Skye
    Skye

Post by Skye Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Schuyler walks across the dirt path, watching as the sun overhead illuminated the small knife in her hands. No dried blood was crusted on it, no evidence of a battle. She tucks it back under her shawl as she rides slowly towards the town, hearing the footsteps of her company's horses as the wind blows by them. The town was busy, as you could see from the small distance. Carts would pass them into the town, filled with goods for what she supposed was a market.

Schuyler turned her attention back to her company, tilting her head curiously. "Would you suppose he is nearing closer, no?" Her view shifted back to her road as they approached the small town, her hand slithering around her knife again. "I suppose we should look upon the inn and the market... If they have one, that is." She looked back to Kristie and Gabriel in silence as she waited for their answer.

Last edited by Skye on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:42 pm

My brow ruffled slightly. "I do not know M'lady I don't think staying at a public place would be the wisest choice. Considering the recent run ins with the Whitecloaks...." I glanced back to give the grinning man a slight glare. "We might want to try someplace closer to the shadows." I stepped slightly to her side, trying to catch her facial expression, being careful not to collide with Kaliea (The red Ajah).
    Skye
    Skye

Post by Skye Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:52 pm

"I suppose you're right, after all we wouldn't like a run in with the whitecloaks." She said, looking back to the road. The girl turned back to quickly catch a glance at Kristie and Kaliea before turning back to the roads again. She kicked the sides of her horse as he picked up the pace, heading faster into town. Schuyler was growing anxious as the town came closer to view.
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:48 pm

OOC- Alright, this took me awhile to read. And right as I was about to join as a Red Aes Sedai, I saw post #21 (yours, Murdoch). So, what I'm getting at is: Would you be willing to make an exception, or should I just walk away now?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:02 pm

ooc: Erm....alright, go ahead. But after this, No More Aes Sedai! Ok?

Also, I know I should have mentioned this before, but the formal way to address an Aes Sedai is their name, followed by "Sedai". If you don't know their name, then just say "Aes Sedai". If you're a personal friend or a warder, you call them by their name (but only in private, if you're a friend. A warder can call her by her name alone anytime he wants).
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:13 pm

ooc: ok
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:22 pm

OOC- Murdoch, how many times must I tell you not to say sorry?
    And sorry I'm posting so late. Also, who is Kaliea?

My warder:
    Name: Justin
    Height: 6’2”
    Appearance: Justin does like to be noticed, thus his clothing tends to be neutral and whenever the occasion calls for dressing otherwise, he conceals his attire, i.e. cloaks, long jackets. Currently he wears a dusty brown shirt made of thin cloth, underneath a thicker, dark brown leather top. The top covers his arms and torso, but has a deeper ‘V’ neck style, where his shirt underneath is seen. His pants are thick cloth and brown as well, nothing special. Over top of all, he wears a jet black cloak that ties at the neck, and splits open, and a hood that he usually has down.
    Others: He carries both his and Kristie’s larger weapons (Long swords etc.), along with his own smaller ones for simple uses.
    Role: Kristie’s warder.

BIC-
    You would begin to think by now; I’d be use to these types of journeys. The village looked smaller then any other I’d seen before, which for many reasons made me a small bit more, un-eased, then I should have been. Although I did not show it in expression or tone, I had doubts about this one.

“The Inn is an evened chance for safety, or trouble. Should Whitecloaks be lurking around, checking the Inn, as we’ve thought of, may be their first guess. It would also be a place for us to lay low, which we could very well need.” I paused, looking at the surroundings slowly before we came too close to the village. “I agree with Lucas, avoid it all together and head to the shadows.” I finished flatly. I looked straight onto the village, only after looking quickly to Justin, who’d been extremely quiet the more we neared the village. His walk was different, and seemed, unimpressed with something that caused him to have this look of irritation on his face. It was unlike him, and rare to see him in this state. When we had a moment of security, I would have to ask him what was troubling him.
    Skye
    Skye

Post by Skye Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:24 pm

Ooc: Okay, now I'm completely confused. Can someone please go on chat? I'll delete this after.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:30 pm

Name: Capri
    Appearance: Has smooth pale skin. Her hair is raven black and straight, down to her mid-torso. Her eyes are large and amber, rimmed with long black eyelashes. She wears a red cape with a hood over her dress and stands about 5'8".
    Role: Red Aes Sedai

Last edited by Capri on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:38 pm

Ok...take away the dagger (Aes Sedai don't use weapons) and take away the "looks 26" bit. The Aes Sedai have an "Ageless" face, one second it looks young, the next old. Smile
    Other than that, welcome aboard. You understand your Ajah, right?
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:42 pm

OOC- Alright, I actually wasn't sure about the knife. And yes, I understand.
    Skye
    Skye

Post by Skye Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:43 pm

Schuyler pursed her lips, slowing her horse as they neared the town. "Then I suppose with the majority, we shall head to the shadows." She slipped the knife into the small coin pocket in her dress, letting go of the silver blade. Her hand returned to the reins, steering the horse into the town. The carts moved down a busy street, obviously moving to a market or a square. She turned her horse down a dirt road between buildings, hoping to get away from the public places.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:44 pm

ooc: alright, leap in with the group (Kristie, Brandon and Skye Smile )
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:48 pm

I stepped down off of my horse. I never liked Riding that much anyway. I reached forward and grabbed the reins in my right hand, leading him along with us. I looked up to Schuyler, "So....any ideas?"

Last edited by Brandonius Maximus on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Skye
    Skye

Post by Skye Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Schuyler turned her attention to Capri. "I'm sure Capri has an idea of where this man would be. She's more experienced in this type of man hunt." She looked down to Gabriel and then back to her company.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:08 pm

OOC- Question: Is the other Red Ajah still with us?

BIC-

The red of her cloak contrasted brightly against her horse's black, shiny coat. Capri's dark hair hung down in front of her, trailing out from under her hood. Her face was concealed as she followed the group, listening intently. Looking.

Her voice was distant as she spoke, "At the moment, his whereabouts are unknown to me. But to my knowledge, he is most definitely in the town. With that friend of his. All we can do is observe for now. Wait."

Last edited by Capri on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:11 pm

ooc: Capri: You are that red Ajah lol

Kristie: Kaleia WAS the red Ajah and my name is Gabriel not Lucas anymore. Very Happy
    Skye
    Skye

Post by Skye Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:20 pm

"Very well. Capri, when you have found his whereabouts, you must say immediately, for the good of the group." She turned back to Gabriel. "In the mean time, we should fetch your horse. If the Whitecloaks have found us, it might be best we find this man and leave." She looked back to the streets and lightly hit the horse with her feet, heading towards the direction in which the horse took off.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:21 pm

ooc: Capri, none of you know the names. You know that you think he's in the area, in one of the towns, but you don't know their names. You do know vaguely what they look like, though Smile
    It makes things slightly easier for me in terms of interaction. Sorry Smile
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Less crowded then I first thought, but not any bigger once inside sadly. While awaiting direction from Capri as to where the man could be, or at least an area, I pulled up on my reins, slowing the speed of my horse.

Justin began to move ahead of me, which he quickly noticed and stopped his horse, to wait for me to catch up. “Something wrong Kristie?” He asked in a concerned tone, while I stared and approached him. “You’re tense, and haven’t said a word to the group or I in nearly an hour. What is wrong with you, Justin?” He calmly turned his head towards the group, specifically looking to group, as if he was awaiting and answer as well, or to seem like it. “Can we please talk later, after we get started with where we’re going?” He said, not turning to speak to me while doing so.

Before I could speak again, Capri began her information, and Skye began about looking for the horse Gabriel has sent off. It would prevent Justin from telling me his reasons, but only for a short time. “The horse couldn’t have gone far, maybe check where the grains are sold, the thing could be hungry.” I said, not really caring who heard it or not. It was something productive to say, I guess.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:36 pm

"Believe you me, when I find out, I will let you know, Sister." she half-whispered as she directed her horse to follow Skye's.

Behind her hood, her eyes could not be seen. But she closed them, slowly going over what information she had about them in her mind. Blue eyes, black hair. Dark green eyes, blond hair.

Her eyes opened. I will find you.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:17 pm

ooc: I edited my post, I am leading the horse by it's reins now lol
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Rowan examined the stranger as he walked in. Dressed in clothes that were hardly fancy, the stranger looked like any other men in town. However, there was a certain restraint in his presence that indicated that he was more dangerous than any other men in town. The children of light were never known for their patience but Rowan was one of those few who actually tolerated disrespect.
    “It’s none of your business, so to speak. There is a small chance that it will benefit us by telling you our objective. However, it could also prove to be this mission’s undoing so we must keep it secret,” Rowan stated calmly as he tightened his feet in his boots, readying the knives hidden in there to spring out in any given moment in a case of emergency.

One of the other children of light of the group named Viktor followed Rowan’s example and pretended to admire the architecture of the inn while secretly grabbing his dagger located on his back.

“We must leave soon, but I must ask something before I go.” Rowan nodded towards the newcomer. “Have you seen any strangers dressed in unusual clothes entering this area recently?”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:45 am