Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Eljordo
Engi
Murdoch
Jesseses
8 posters

Unknown Gifts

Jesseses
    Jesseses

Read Me Unknown Gifts

Post by Jesseses Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Some of us in the world are gifted. Our powers separate us from humans, Dr. James hates those whom are gifted. He created a small, secret, group to destroy us. Back at their underground base, there is a machine that takes away our powers and turns it to liquid. His plan is to inject himself with all of the powers that has been collected to become invincible!
    Dr. James’ group found a way to stop time for a few minutes. We are not affected by it because we, as gifted kids have a special bracelet, given to us at birth. However when time is stopped we could sense it. We pretend it affects us so we won‘t be caught. We are all in the middle of a town, around a water fountain, for different reasons. They captured someone who ignored the feeling. Once they disappear, we all move. Time is still frozen, that is how we all meet.
    *Credits to Crystal Smile*

Never to late to join lolwut smiley

Rules:
    ~Make it interesting, try to think differently than generic ideas (or twist that idea).
    ~Don't God Mod.
    ~Try to include everyone.
    ~Be friendly!
    ~Have fun!
    ~Try not to have the same powers.

Make up your own role if you wish.
    Unknown relative: Taiga, Myst
    Overprotective brother: Aki
    Maverick: Shade
    Old friends: Jade
    A notorious delinquent who is widely respected in the town: Jacques
    Friend back in town:
    Dr James people: Donnovic,
    Works for Dr James but is also my brother: Daniel McKarthy

People & their powers:
    Jessica - Atmokinesis(weather control), Phasing, Temporal Stasis
    Aki - control of light and shadow. and pyrokenisis
    Shade - He can teleport short distances- and can take objects or people with him- has massively enhanced speed and agility and has a massively accelerated healing factor. He also has the ability to change his clothing on a whim. His hood was stolen from a government testing lab, and is capable of hiding his face completely even when half on.
    Taiga - Controlling other people like puppets, ability of tapping memory (adding or taking away people's memories) and Illusions
    Jade - Ability to transform at will into a red timber wolf, pyrokenisis, and she can choose for other people's powers to not effect her, but only one at a time.
    Donnovic - His cellular structure is way tougher than a regular humans, allowing him to take hits that would kill most men. His eyes have been modified to great effect, thus his hand eye coordination is at superhuman levels. He is the master of nearly every type of firearm or bladed weapon. His muscular tone has been modded to the point that he can lift well over ten tons, whilst before meeting the doctor he could only lift two tons.
    Myst - Control of weather, communicate with spirits, ability to control fog/mist.
    Jacques - 'Temporal Theft' He can "steal" moments and objects out of time for his own use, as well as "give" himself to another time
    Daniel McKarthy - Danny has the ability to control both earth and water through movement of his body. He also has resilient skin, though the doctor genetically mutated this power (almost killing him). Now it takes more to break the skin. Though he's not invincible, a single bullet, for example, won't kill him

Last edited by Angel Love on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:12 am; edited 9 times in total
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Read Me Re: Unknown Gifts

Post by Mercy Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:27 pm

I had always been quick with my hands. They were my way of communicating, working... Just by the way someone's hands look, you can tell a whole lifetime story about them... I guess my hands, greased up from the cars oil, and short nails, ripped and calloused over... Not that they were ugly, they were just my way of getting around in the world.

"Every time, you fix cars perfectly." My boss, Tim, chuckles as I finished up working on the car.

I give him a small smile, Thank you.

He nods to the office, "Go get cleaned up and I'll have your money by tomorrow."

I smile and walk to the bathroom in the back of the office, stripping off the gross greasy clothing and opening my bag, and sliding on clean clothes after taking a quick shower. This place was like a second home for me. I finish up and close my duffel bag and throw it onto my shoulder.

I open up the door, nod towards Tim, and make my way down the street, setting down by the water fountain where I had my lunch every day.

Last edited by Mercy on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:37 pm

OOC: Mercy you siad you character is mute and speaks sign language..
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:41 pm

OOC- yeah, cn you guys hurry on down to the fountian? I can't really start until the time stops Razz Also, due to my super strength I would also like the ability to leap great distances if you wouldn't mind changing it for me Smile
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:50 pm

ooc - damn i got confused. thought i was using Malina. Thank you Allen
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:57 pm

ooc: Fine fine

bic: Taiga walked leisurely down the street, her hands stuffed into her pockets. There weren't many people out at the moment, most off to work or in the main part of town. She decided to head there herself, stopping at the side of the road. She checked both ways before sprinting like a madman to the other side. When she got there, she straightened herself out and continued walking.

The amount of people, she counted, steadily grew as she made her way to the middle of town. There was a fountain there, a beautiful fountain, that she could throw a few pennies in and make a wish. The wishes never really came true, but it was a fun little ritual.

"13....14...." She counted aloud, watching the people pass her. "15." She said, stopping abruptly as a biker nearly ran her over from behind. They looked back, rang their bell a few times, then continued on their way. She frowned, looking around quickly before reaching up and twisting his arm away from the bike. She released her control on him and he quickly grabbed his handlebars again, nearly avoiding a car and a mother with a baby stroller.

Taiga chuckled as she watched him, shaking his head before biking faster. "16." She muttered, turning the corner. In front of her was a beautiful fountain. She dug through her pocket as she approached it, digging for pennies that were buried deep beneath bits of paper and plastic.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:06 pm

0.o Allen?

BIC: Jessica goes into a bakery. She gets herself a chocolate cheesecake, taking it to go. She walks around trying to find a good spot to sit down and eat. A fountain in the middle of everything caught her attention. She sits down on a bench close to it. She watches little kids play with each other around the fountain. She sits there eating the cheesecake. She watches a guy listening to his music. He has narrow green eyes and oily red hair worn short and messy. He is wearing a lemon yellow T-shirt and seems bored. He starts to play with fire. Yea he has a lighter but it is in the wrong hand. She scrunches her eyebrows. Is gifted like her?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:09 pm

I look up, quietly chewing on my sandwich as I played with the clouds, making it a misty rain out so a rainbow would appear.. Some spirit children poke me in the side and I resist the urge to jump.

I look around sighing as a rainbow appears and some kids tug at each other's shirts and point to it. I smile quietly and continue eating.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm

After stopping at the fountain and taking all of the contents out of her pocket and dumping them on the side of the fountain, Taiga successfully found a penny. It was dirty and old, but she shut her eyes and turned around and threw it into the fountain backwards. When she opened them, there was a rainbow. One of life's beautiful gifts lit up the sky and children were pointing and awing at its beauty. She smiled, stuffing the papers and such back into her pocket.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:18 pm

The guy looks at her. Their eyes lock. She turns her head to look at the children. She looks up as the kids started to jump and point up at the sky. Jessica smiles when she saw the rainbow. She looks back down smiling. Did she do that? She shakes her head. She knew to well it was not her. Maybe it was the mysterious guy. He continues to play with firs. She looks at her palm wishing she could do something like that. She sighs and continues to eat. She threw energy balls, not fire.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:24 pm

Some kids look around, seeing me... I was a natural preformer and since I was here every afternoon they ran over to me.

"Myst! Do your magic tricks for us?!" I give a small laugh, setting down my sandwich.

Password? I signed to them and they signed back to me Believe.

I leaned in and they crowded around me. I cupped my hands and they all seemed to hold their breath. Of course,I didn't do anything special. I created static from lightning in my hands and it would spark up. No mortal can resist the wonders of true magic... My roommate was a true magician. Able to create illusions beyond ones wildest dreams. I was only able to create static and fog, and see spirits.

I open my hands up and small lightning bolts shoot from my hands, dancing around my palms, scorching them but I never felt the pain anymore.

Of course they all thought it was some trick out of the book, little did they know it was real... I smile as their eyes flicker wildly with amusement and they all giggle.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:30 pm

A magic trick began as the kids and some adults gathered around a girl. Taiga, becoming bored of the fountain, wandered over there to see what they were looking at. This girl, this magician, had a small bolt of lighting jumping in her palms. Everyone awed in response, pointing and watching. Taiga stared for a moment, then raised one of her hands. The bolt, for a moment at least, appeared to jump out of her hand and hit one of the little girls in the face. She screamed in response, falling backwards.

Taiga smirked. It wasn't really the bolt, just an illusion. But the girl sat there, wide eyed, thinking she had been hit with lightning.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:36 pm

A gasp suddenly went through the crowd, my cold marble eyes dart up to the girl who had manipulated my lightning bolt.

ILLUSION! the spirits screamed at me and I quickly bit on my lower lip and just helped the stunned little girl up and I quickly started another magic trick, with miniature clouds this time. Creating different shapes and such.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:39 pm

Taiga smirked, taking this as a challenge. See who would win, the magician, or the joker. She watched the girl cover the illusion by making a cloud. Taiga snapped her fingers and the cloud appeared to become dark. Rumbles of thunder screamed out from the little cloud. The sound erupted in an angry roar as the cloud brightened with lightning, appearing dangerous and frightful.

She made it grow larger and larger in the girls hands.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:43 pm

I bare my teeth in a warning, sending the cloud sky high and then making it burst into soft rain. I suddenly stand, the kids looking around.

I look at the girl playing games with me and cross my arms over my chest, raising an eyebrow at her.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Taiga chuckled again as the girl gave up and threw the cloud into the sky. As the soft rain fell, she grinned evilly at the girl. She snapped her fingers and the rain appeared to turn to fire. It began to look as though it was raining fire over her group of spectators, and they all ran like ants in front of an angry child, screaming and scattering to avoid the falling fire.

She waved her hand in response, the fearful people stopping in their tracks and looking around confused. The memory of that magic show disappeared from everyone's mind; all except the magicians.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:53 pm

It's times like these I wish I could scream.

So I had the spirit children do it for me.

"You shouldn't be doing this, y'know?" They hovered around her ears, the words floating around her head like a cloth, "Messing with the innocent children. I get you're an illusionist, but... You honestly shouldn't... Some kids remember.... Even after you erase it."
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:55 pm

Taiga became aware that there were hushed voices by her ears. She squinted her eyes, waving her hand next to her ear in a failing attempt at shutting them up. After a few seconds, she realized that it was the magicians doing. "And those are the ones who believe it was a nightmare." She responded, crossing her arms.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:01 pm

I give her an 'Oh?' look and shake my head, running a hand through my hair, waving the spirit children away and they hide behind my legs.

I sigh quietly, tapping my foot, debating to continue the conversation through the spirits, or to sign to her.... I mean, I don't know this girl and I'm not exactly sure if she speaks sign language...
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:06 pm

"Come on now, laugh a little." She said, showing the girl an empty hand. "I got a little magic trick of my own." She turned her hand back and forth, showing the girl how empty it was. She then reached behind her ear and pulled out nothing, but what the girl saw was a penny. "Make a wish, Cinderella." She chuckled, putting the illusion coin in the girls hand.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Jessica finishes her cheesecake. She gets up to throw away the container. She walks to the other side of the fountain. She made a wish before throwing in a penny. She started to remember she would always throw a penny in and make a wish. Her mom would always give her a lollypop. She see’s all the commotion. Jessica’s hears about a magic trick scaring kids. She went to go see it for herself. She watches the magician. Her face expression would change. Something was of but she did not know how. She walks back to the bench and watches from where she was. The crowd disappears. The magician looks at another girl. It was just a staring competition. She pulls out her Ipod and starts to listen to music.

Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:36 pm

I toss the penny straight into the fountain and look at the girl.

You are strange. I sign to her a quiet smile passes my lips.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:21 am

Taiga watched her for a moment, then shook her head, biting her lip. The strange Magician was making symbols at her with her hands, and she couldn't decipher them. "Sorry Cinderella, I don't speak hands." She said, scratching her neck.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:30 am

I chew on my lower lip, thinking to myself for a moment on what I could do... I snap my finger, spreading words with fog fragments onto my hands, repeating what I had said to her.
    Somebody
    Somebody

Post by Somebody Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:42 am

In as Jacques.

A notorious delinquent who is widely respected in the town.

His power is called 'Temporal Theft' He can "steal" moments and objects out of time for his own use, as well as "give" himself to another time.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:47 am

"Explains the girl with clouds between her fingers." She responded, rolling her eyes. "Cinderella, I'm as strange as you make me be. Compared to your normal audience, I'm a walking freak show. But compared to you, darling, I'm as normal as normal can get."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:03 pm