Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Eljordo
Engi
Murdoch
Jesseses
8 posters

Unknown Gifts

Jesseses
    Jesseses

Read Me Unknown Gifts

Post by Jesseses Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Some of us in the world are gifted. Our powers separate us from humans, Dr. James hates those whom are gifted. He created a small, secret, group to destroy us. Back at their underground base, there is a machine that takes away our powers and turns it to liquid. His plan is to inject himself with all of the powers that has been collected to become invincible!
    Dr. James’ group found a way to stop time for a few minutes. We are not affected by it because we, as gifted kids have a special bracelet, given to us at birth. However when time is stopped we could sense it. We pretend it affects us so we won‘t be caught. We are all in the middle of a town, around a water fountain, for different reasons. They captured someone who ignored the feeling. Once they disappear, we all move. Time is still frozen, that is how we all meet.
    *Credits to Crystal Smile*

Never to late to join lolwut smiley

Rules:
    ~Make it interesting, try to think differently than generic ideas (or twist that idea).
    ~Don't God Mod.
    ~Try to include everyone.
    ~Be friendly!
    ~Have fun!
    ~Try not to have the same powers.

Make up your own role if you wish.
    Unknown relative: Taiga, Myst
    Overprotective brother: Aki
    Maverick: Shade
    Old friends: Jade
    A notorious delinquent who is widely respected in the town: Jacques
    Friend back in town:
    Dr James people: Donnovic,
    Works for Dr James but is also my brother: Daniel McKarthy

People & their powers:
    Jessica - Atmokinesis(weather control), Phasing, Temporal Stasis
    Aki - control of light and shadow. and pyrokenisis
    Shade - He can teleport short distances- and can take objects or people with him- has massively enhanced speed and agility and has a massively accelerated healing factor. He also has the ability to change his clothing on a whim. His hood was stolen from a government testing lab, and is capable of hiding his face completely even when half on.
    Taiga - Controlling other people like puppets, ability of tapping memory (adding or taking away people's memories) and Illusions
    Jade - Ability to transform at will into a red timber wolf, pyrokenisis, and she can choose for other people's powers to not effect her, but only one at a time.
    Donnovic - His cellular structure is way tougher than a regular humans, allowing him to take hits that would kill most men. His eyes have been modified to great effect, thus his hand eye coordination is at superhuman levels. He is the master of nearly every type of firearm or bladed weapon. His muscular tone has been modded to the point that he can lift well over ten tons, whilst before meeting the doctor he could only lift two tons.
    Myst - Control of weather, communicate with spirits, ability to control fog/mist.
    Jacques - 'Temporal Theft' He can "steal" moments and objects out of time for his own use, as well as "give" himself to another time
    Daniel McKarthy - Danny has the ability to control both earth and water through movement of his body. He also has resilient skin, though the doctor genetically mutated this power (almost killing him). Now it takes more to break the skin. Though he's not invincible, a single bullet, for example, won't kill him

Last edited by Angel Love on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:12 am; edited 9 times in total
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Read Me Re: Unknown Gifts

Post by Mercy Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:01 am

She makes some sarcastic comments and rolls her eyes.

I give a small smirk, the clouds in my fingers disappear and I go back to sit on my bench. I pick up my lunch again and start eating slowly, my eyes flickering up every now and then to watch the prankster.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:04 am

"An eye roll, ah yes, the applause of a joker!" She said, bowing mockingly at the girl. "But I'm afraid my show isn't done yet." She skipped over to the girl and sat next to her on the bench, crossing her legs and watching her with an evil glint in her eyes. "A sandwich, ever so plain and boring, can be spiced up with just the right bug." She winked, snapping her fingers so that bugs appeared to crawl out of the sandwich, making their creepy way up her arm and towards her mouth.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:09 am

im out, I am too far behind
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:20 am

I'll try and catch up, but I think it might be the same story here.... Sad
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:24 am

OOC: No! Sad Everyone is at the fountain. I am sitting on a bench listening to music. Mercy and Engi characters are near the bench using their magic. Mercy is a ‘magician’. Engi ruined her tricks by scaring a little girl. Nothing has really happened.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:39 pm

Woah wait.. 6 pages?? When I looked there was one! Sorry, definitely too far behind =S
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:22 pm

ooc: guys, that isn't the point. The point is that, in my absence- when I was asleep- you added 4 or 5 pages. What is going to happen when we get further into the story? I will try, but asking you to delay your posts so we can take part is selfish. If you want to, fine, but I am not going to ask it. I will try, but if I go away for the night and there are 13 pages instead of 6, then there is really no point me being involved because my input will be minimal.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:27 pm

Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:29 pm

-is with murdoch, seeming as we are GMT-
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:45 pm

ooc: Yeah, I'm GMT-0

IC:

A man sits lazily on a bench in the square, facing the fountain, one leg crossed over the other as he looks at the daily newspaper. He wears a pair of black jeans and a plain white T-shirt, and looks so unobtrusive that you would walk straight past him without a second glance. He appears to be around 26-7, and his black hair hangs down around his eyes. He looks like any average middle-aged white guy out around town, waiting to meet someone, but that is before you see his eyes. Were you to catch a glance at the eyes behind that fringe of hair, you would see a pair of icy blue eyes so intense that it could freeze you to the spot, how cold and old those eyes are. They belong to an older, more bitter, more cynical face. The face of one of the allied soldiers who had walked into Treblinka.

Shade doesn't even see the newspaper- he gets his news direct from Blinky, who in turn gets it straight from police and government databases and live feeds; you would be surprised how much of the news is edited by the officials- and instead uses the cover of his hair to scan the square carefully for his targets. He thinks he's found one or two of them, but he needs to keep half an eye out for the others. He was told that they would be congregating around here at some point today. Yes, he could sit in a window up on the top floor, but that could draw attention to himself and it is difficult to follow someone when you need to get down from a building. If you sit in one place and look like you're reading, people will pass you by, even trained operatives. If you get up to follow someone, they will naturally assume that you are moving on; in a crowded city square, you tend to get people going in the same direction as you.

He has been watching the proceedings of the people for a short while, and he cannot help but despair at the short-sightedness and the immaturity of the two children over in the corner. Those two moronic girls are squabbling with their powers when there are hundreds of people around...who knows who means them harm? How is he meant to protect a pair of imbeciles? Just as one of them shouldn't be interfering with someone elses business, the mute one- yes, he did his research on his marks- shouldn't be displaying her powers so openly. There are already people beginning to cast glances at her, and that is dangerous, especially considering that the fact that Shade has been hired to protect them means that someone is after them.

Now the girl with the illusionary powers is causing bugs to crawl out of a sandwich...have they no subtlety? He is sorely tempted to go over there and knock some sense into them, but that would reveal him to whoever they need protecting from. A sticky situation...
    Why isn't he using their names? Because that breeds familiarity. That is dangerous. They are marks. Nothing more.
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:14 pm

ooc: That was just the starting posts >.< All rps start out fast and excited. Give it a day and soon the posts will slow down =\ And get shorter. Either way, the entire point of the rp right now is to get everyone to the fountain. So, as my little recommendation, just wait there. If it proceeds too fast still, then drop out =\

And Angel, gonna pause time soon? >.<
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:50 pm

OOC: Yea... soon Smile
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:12 am

The thing about an RP is that you're, you know, meant to come back?
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:20 pm

ooc - Can I join? Maybe as a brother, but who works for the doctor? (The story will be in my bio)
    Engi
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:30 pm

Ooc: Be patient, Murdoch. She'll get to it next time she logs on.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:24 pm

OOC: Sorry my internet was down... and okay Danny. Thanks for joining Smile

BIC: Jessica started to whisper along to a song that was currently playing. She played with her headphone wire and starts to nod, singing along. She watches SUV’s racing towards the fountain. “What the hell…” she whispers. Jessica puts her hands down. She looks around wondering if anyone else was noticing the cars practically racing over her. She looks down at her bracelet as it grew icy cold. She pause her Ipod and stood still. Everything froze. She took a deep breath. This was the first time she is actually witnessing this. She felt it before but she was home. What ever is going to go down started to scare her. The guy from earlier kept moving. He was to into his music to even notice that time has stopped. The SUV came to a stop. A group of men walks out surrounding the guy. He just smiles, and then starts laughing. One of the guys approached him. He touches his shoulder. Soon the guy hits him and jumps. That is when they all started to fighting. It was ten against one. Jessica tried her best not to react. Even when they were in front of her.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:37 pm

I whipped around as the air grew icy and shuddered as I watched an SUV pull up...

It all happened too fast...laughter... men piling out... a young woman standing up... and then... bam... A fight broke out. I couldn't just stand there and I quickly stood up, debating whether to barge in...

10 against one seemed highly unfair...

I urged my feet to move but they felt rooted into the ground... It's times like these I wish I could scream STOP.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:05 am

Shade resists the natural urge to shudder as he feels time stop. So. Whoever is after the ones with powers have tracked some down....whether they are the group he has been hired to protect remains to be seen.

He watches the girls look shocked, and silently wills them to stay still, lest they get captured as well. Have some common sense, he urges them; he wants to get paid for this little field trip and he isn't about to get a reputation for failing his contracts. That sort of thing really harms your career.
    He watches warily from beneath his hair as the men in the SUV's grab ahold of the man a few seats down from him. A fight breaks out, but Shade can see from the boys obvious lack of skill and the unidentified mens numbers that it is a forgone conclusion that the boy will be going with them.

Instead of jumping to his feet, he just watches; Basic rule of bodyguarding is never fight with the protectee around, mostly because if they happen to catch a stray bullet, you just lost your job. He needs to try to keep attention off of him and them, and if things get hairy, he will need to evacuate them, not fight them.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:35 am

Name: Daniel McKarthy
    Nicknames: Danny, Dan.
    Height: 6'3"
    Eyes: Green
    Hair: Light brown
    Face: Facial hair

Clothes: Danny wear the typical "trending" clothing for his age to blend in. Sometimes the doctor will send him on missions, where he wears tighter yet flexible, black clothing.

History: Danny used to live with both his parents and his younger siblings. When they were younger, Danny always felt the need to protect them. He may of been the more reckless sibling of the three, but he was always serious when it came to his family. However, a couple of reckless choices later, his father and mother abandoned him. They left him alone on the street at the age of fourteen. Feeling betrayed and misunderstood, he roamed and lived on the streets for years. He got involved with gangs and underground fights to make some money. After one of his underground matches, Danny was approached by the doctor, who offered him a home and power. Without anything to lose, Danny accepted and has been living with the doctor since he was nineteen. His feelings for his family has been twisted, along with the rest of his personality.

Powers: Danny has the ability to control both earth and water through movement of his body. He also has resilient skin, though the doctor genetically mutated this power (almost killing him). Now it takes more to break the skin. Though he's not invincible, a single bullet, for example, won't kill him.
    Role: Works for the doctor.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:50 pm

Dr. James people pins him down to the ground. A guy walks out of the car smiling. He takes out his hand from his pocket. Holding needle. He laughs, “Today must be our lucky day” he grabs hold of the individual face. “You’re going to feel a pinch. So don’t move”He spits in the guys face, “Go to hell” he said with an accent. One of Dr. James men punches him in the face and tilts his head. He finally gets injected “Good night my little sleeping beauty." They carry his body to the SUV. Three of the men walks around. Making sure there wasn’t others like him. They got in the vehicle and drove off. Jessica waits ten minutes before moving. She covers her mouth. As a silent, tear rolls down her cheek. She has never seen anything like that before. At least not in real life.

She gets up and walks to where the guy was pin down on the ground. His keys were on the floor. She kneels down to pick it up. She looks at a keychain. There was a photo of him and a dog. “I guess he was all alone…,” she whispers. She stands up and looks around. She cold freeze time but not for this long. It usually wears off in within a few minutes. It’s already been an half an hour. She puts her hands in her sweater pocket.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:58 pm

ooc - What's happening right now Angel?
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:06 pm

OOC: Everyone is at the fountain. Dr. James people froze time and abducted a gifted guy. Who was still moving when time stopped. You didn’t miss much, even though there are seven pages… but the first two or three was just Aki and Murdoch arguing…
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:24 pm

ooc - haha, alright.

bic - "Out and patrol, that's your job, understand?" The voice of Dr. James repeated in Danny's head. There wasn't much going on out of the ordinary in his life. Most of what Danny was doing, he'd been doing for years. Time would freeze occasionally, and people who couldn't stay hidden were taken to base. Of course Danny was getting bored with this. He didn't like having to walk around all day. He wanted something different. Something to change his whole game, make it more interesting and fun. But what would that be? What could Danny do or find to change the game completely?

He pondered as he walked along the streets. Time froze, but Danny continued to walk. He wasn't in danger, and maybe if he continued to walk, it may give false information to others. In that case, Danny would catch them and send them back to the base. Danny turned the corner to the park where he saw a man get lifted up and thrown into the back of a van. A small smile appeared on Danny's face at the sight. "Another idiot," he whispered as he walked a bit into the park.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Shades eyes flit briefly from the retreating SUV's to the new man in the park, walking leisurely along. He looks too at-ease, and with the SUV's only down the road, the chances of this man being an innocent bystander are extremely slim. Anyone with half a brain would be staying very still until time restarted, meaning this boy...Shade can't trust him. True, he can't trust anyone, not completely, but he will need to keep an eye on this one. If it comes to it, he will have to get his marks out of here.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Jessica stops. Time started to move forward again. Everyone continued to do what ever he or she was doing before. It was as if nothing happened. She walks to sit down on the bench as she did before. Her dad got out the car. Most likely going to the hardware store. “Hey Adam!” some guy yells out to her father. He waves at the person. They go in chatting and smiling.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:18 am