Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Alexis
Daylight Shadow
Deamonata
Danny
8 posters

Percy Jackson Type Role Play

Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Percy Jackson Type Role Play Empty Percy Jackson Type Role Play

Post by Danny Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:48 pm

Hey guys. I love the whole Greek mythology idea, and I know a lot of people now a days know it based off the book "Percy Jackson" so, here's a little role play that I hope everyone will enjoy.

~~~CREDITS TO THE ORIGINAL CREATOR OF THIS ROLE PLAY!~~~

Since the fall of Kronos, the world has been trying to get itself together. But sadly, with Gaia awake and out to destroy everything they hold dear, Camp Halfblood has to join forces with their Roman counterpart to win this coming battle. The only problem is, can the two camps actually work together after their history of civil wars?

Ooc: I suppose if you'd like, we can all think up of an idea to stop Gaia, or we can just see where it goes.

Gods! (Only one person per God please)

Greek Gods!
    Aphrodite [].

Apollo [].

***Ares[Eljordo]. Jordan has the abillity to (in combat/dangerous situations) slow the passage of time (in his perspective), giving his god-like reflexes.

Athena [].

***Hades [Demonata/George].

***Hephaestus [Aki] Pyrokenesis and a skill with metallurgy.

Hermes [].

***Poseidon [Daniel McKarthy/Danny]. He as the ability to heal while in water. He has super strength and can control water.)

***Zeus [Kristie/Kristina Torcette]. Being the daughter of Zeus, I can minipulate the weather around me. If my emotions are ever in over drive, which has only ever happened twice in my entire life, the weather reacts to it. I’ve always loved the lightening and thunder storms, so I’ve perfected those above all others. Since last summer however, my abilities have gotten a lot weaker, so I try to avoid using them at all costs, so it doesn’t show.

Roman Gods! (In the same order as the Greeks).
    ***Venus [Daylight Shadow/Avalon Sparrow]. Can control, communicate with and shape shift into animals (all animals). I control nature and plants as well as the weather.

Apollo [].

***Mars [Alexis/Amelia Haymont] In addition to strength and speed, her senses are also heightened; she can adapt to any weapon given, and heal faster than average.

Minerva [].

Pluto []

Vulcan [].

Mercury [].

Neptune [].

Jupiter [].

Other Gods
    ***Loki [Murdoch]. As well as being a deadly combatant with both staff and blade, able to dance around most combatants in his significantly lighter and more flexible armour, he is also a master of illusionary “magic”. He can summon and dispel any of his equipment he wishes, and can even teleport short distances. His mastery of illusionary magic allows him to do anything from making himself invisible to shapeshifting to even creating entirely false surroundings or creatures. He can even make the creatures ‘feel’ real, allowing for a quick distraction should he need to escape.
    At the camp, it is under the impression that he is a son of Hermes, though no one is really sure.

NOTE: Don't forget this has mythology, so don't be afraid to get creative. I don't mind what your abilities or weapons are really, just try not to go too too over board and don't forget that your not invincible!

Last edited by Danny on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:35 pm; edited 15 times in total
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Percy Jackson Type Role Play Empty Re: Percy Jackson Type Role Play

Post by Danny Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:55 pm

My bio:

Name: Daniel McKarthy
    Nicknames: Goes by Danny, Dan.
    Height: 6'3"
    Eyes: Green
    Hair: Light brown
    Hairstyle: Messy, slightly pushed up. Longer hair on top, shaved on the sides.
    Face: Scruff

Clothing (normal): Brown shorts with a white and blue v-neck. He is usually barefoot or wears sandals.
    Jewelry: Has a jade stone on a leather necklace around his neck given to his by his father (it as no value other than sentimental). A leather band with a watch on top on his right wrist. He has a silver ring on his left ring finger. On top of the ring is a small blue gem that can become a shield when he wants. It has a trident in the middle.

Other: Like most kids at the camp, Danny has good swordsmanship and has learned how to fight well. However, unlike most kids at the camp, Danny has spent his whole life there. He has never left the camp ground, so he do not know what to expect or what the outside world is like.
    Armor: Traditional torso and head protection in ancient Greece. Something similar to this:
    http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/johnny_shumates_portfolio/images/10235/425x280.aspx
    Weapons: Danny tends to rely on his abilities more than his weapons so he doesn't carry much. He does hold a traditional Greek sword that can be held with one hand or both. It doesn't have many designs but it gets the job done.
    Abilities: He as the ability to heal while in water. He has super strength and high reflexes. He can also control can control water.

Last edited by Danny on Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Deamonata
    Possum
    Possum

Location : The best country of them all UK!!!! (and the north of it so even better)

Post by Deamonata Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:58 pm

I'll go with Hades I'm just off out, but I'll post a Bio when I get back
    Deamonata
    Possum
    Possum

Location : The best country of them all UK!!!! (and the north of it so even better)

Post by Deamonata Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Name:George

Nicknames: Jorj, bubble buddy, Possum

Sexual Orientation: straight

Relationship Status:single

Religious Beliefs:Christian, cos God is awesome

Appearance/Wardrobe: George has brown hair that falls down over his eyes. His eyes are brown flecked with a hint of blue, he doesn't have the most athletic build but he isn't scrawny either. He also wear glasses most of the time though would really like to get contact lenses. He generally wears a pair of loose fitting trainers often with the laces undone, dark blue or gray jeans and a black top.

Personality: If you were stereotyping you whould have to put George halfway between geek and normal, he would rather use the computer than play sports, but on the whole he is too damn lazy to be really called a geek, instead he is happy to coast through school relying upon his brain to get him through and it works to a degree, it tends to annoy teachers as he is the person you can appear to be paying no attention and talking away but ask him a question and he will get it right first time.

History: His parents divorced when he was 9 and his mother moved back to England, as a result he spends holidays between Ireland and England,

Strengths/Talents/Skills:
    very intelligent
    good with computers
    loyal

Weaknesses:
    very Lazy
    Shy, finds it hard to meet new people
    has a tenancy not to realise when he has gone to far
    Daylight Shadow
    Daylight Shadow

Post by Daylight Shadow Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:52 am

I'll go with Venus!
    Ill post bio later. x
    Alexis
    Alexis

Post by Alexis Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:29 am

Name: Amelia Haymont
    Sex: Female
    God relation: Daughter of Mars
    Skin color: White, but with a dark tan
    Height: 5’8
    Build: Thin and active.
    Weight: 130
    Hair: Dark red, straight, full bangs
    Eyes: Grey
    Clothes: Always simple and comfortable. Currently a green shirt, black shorts, and black shoes.
    Sexuality: Straight
    Personality: Impulsive but untrusting. She knows what she is good at and sometimes flaunts it a bit too much. It’s not that she means to be arrogant though it often comes across that she it. She is quiet, but isn’t shy and speaks her mind when she feels it needed. It is easy to get her angry, and hard to calm her again. There are few things she hasn’t done, and if not, isn’t willing to try, her few fears are kept well hidden from both her enemies and few friends. Lastly, she can hold grudges for the most unprovoked reason for the longest times.
    Abilities: In addition to strength and speed, her senses are also heightened; she can adapt to any weapon given, and heal faster than average.
    Other: This is not Amelia’s first time at the camp, she has been here more times than she’d like and has a bad habit of sneaking away at night. Despite what many think, she does not hate the camp as much as the people in it. Amelia hate feeling threatened and often gets too competitive.
    Armour/Weapons: In order to run quickly, Amelia only travels with thick but lightweight materials to wear while fighting her opponents. The only metal she wears during battle are two three inch bands around her wrists to help control her movements and balance while fighting. Though all of her shoes appear normal on the outside, the rubber on the soles are vulcanized, to reduce the heat of friction, and allows the shoe to withstand her speed for more than a few days, she has done this most of her shoes but prefers to wear boots while fighting. Her favourite weapons are short daggers, tucked into her boots. She is also skilled with arrows but rarely carries them with her. Her most often used weapon is a two and a half foot long steel sword with a black hilt, but no guard. The blade is slightly curved upwards at the tip sharpening the point and making it ideal for slicing rather than stabbing, this is strapped to across her back for ease of movement.

Last edited by Alexis on Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:17 am

urm why put Greek 'and' Roman names down, as far as I can tell you have the same gods in both lines...it really sucks that Artemis was a virgin, cause she happens to be the most epic goddess.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:45 am

Yeah, Roman Gods were the Greek Gods, only under different names (Hades was Pluto, Aires was Mars, etc etc).

But I was wondering...could we add the pantheons of the other ancient civilisations in as well? Like the Norse and the Egyptian? 'Cause I would LOVE to be the son of Loki. Of course I wouldn't advertise myself as such, possibly a different one, like a son of Hermes, and then my heritage gets revealed later on... Smile

Shouldn't we also describe what our battle-wear is like? I mean, it isn't exactly advisable to go into battle against Monsters and Titans without some kind of protection, even if it's only a boiled jerkin...
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:02 am

Mhmm, I was thinking about other gods Murdoch, but I don't want it to get too confusing. If we start adding to many other ancient religions people can get confused. However, if you make a good argument, I may be persuaded to change it.

Also, I didn't put armor down cause we don't have it yet. I suppose it doesn't hurt to put it in the bio though, so if anyone wants armor (which I assume everyone does....?) then just put it in your bio and you can either start of with it, or get it later in the role play.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Well, if I make my guy the Son of Loki, that adds a few...interesting...avenues for the story to take, and some cool plot points that we could do. It also adds a unique perspective and some cool areas such as Valhalla that we could visit. Also, I already wrote up a Loki-based bio. XD

And also, if we're at camp halfblood already, and we're gearing up to fight Gaia, wouldn't we already be equipped with armour unless we're new recruits, in which case we would be given it rather early on?
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Oh hell yes. Zeus, s'il vous plait? I'll give you my bio later.. Sort of busy at the moment, I just wanted to claim it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:39 pm

I will claim Hephaestus (control of fire here I come!) and bio shortly
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Sure, I guess if you'd like, that'd be fine, just like put it in your bio what you have to do with us.

And also, I suppose armor would be given to us, I was just thinking that you'd have to earn it, but in retrospect, that doesn't make too much sense and it would take away from the actual role play.

So yeah, just had armor to the bio everyone.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:19 pm

Yay Smile

-Name: Murdoch Guinne
    -Personality: Charismatic and cock-sure, he has an air of slight arrogance about him, and he is very light on his feet and his tongue both. Despite this, though, he generally keeps to himself, avoiding large groups of people.
    -Build: He is of slender build, the muscles he does have being solid and well toned. He isn’t, however, massive and instead has a relatively thin waist, slightly broad shoulders and a generally wiry quality to his limbs.
    -Son of: Loki, but he allows everyone to believe that he is a Son of Hermes and as yet unclaimed.

-Appearance: Black hair hangs about halfway down his head in a part-ordered, part-straggled arrangement, hair also hanging as a fringe on his forehead. His features are rough and worn, having spent not only most of his teens, but also his entire childhood living it rough in the frozen wastes of Russia. He doesn’t have a Russian accent, though, having stayed away from populated areas. He isn’t unpleasant-looking, if you like the rugged look, and his chin is slightly squared. His skin has begun to darken a little after a few years in warmer climate, although it’s still pale.
    -Weapons: Murdoch wields one of two weapons in combat; the first is a quarterstaff with a blade at one end and an iron counterbalance at the other, which he can use with deadly agility and skill. The blade is black Stygian Iron, and has a silver runic design on it, running down the blades back edge and ending at the point. The runes on it say “By the Edge of Darkness, all shall decay.” The blade also has, around the runes, a series of small silver wolves. He also wields an Olympian steel longsword, easily wielded in either one or two hands. It has a small length of blunt blade above the crossguard, along with two hooks protecting it from other blades, but the blade is not weakened by this; it is made to be strong and sturdy. The crossguard branches out from a double-sided, three dimensional Wolfs head with ruby eyes, from whose open, roaring mouth the arms of the guard sprout. The hilt is simple black leather, and the pommel is a carved marble snarling wolf. The blade itself is simple enough, save for a pattern of tribal flowing designs running down the blade. He can also summon a simple shield with the emblem of a large white wolf emblazoned in the centre, within the shining grey rim, but he rarely does so; it’s for emergencies only. He can summon and dispel the weapons as he chooses, in the blink of an eye.

-Normal Clothing: He spends his days in simple black jeans and T-shirt, with a leather trench-coat that reaches down to his ankles. His high black boots reach underneath his jeans, and are- surprisingly- silent completely silent.
    -Battlegear: In battle, he can summon a suit of armour made entirely of boiled leather and thin steel plates. His Jerkin is made entirely of boiled leather, giving him not only a manageable amount of warmth but also a lot more mobility and speed than chainmail. His Pauldrons are small plates of steel that are fixed by hinges to his Jerkin, and a similar method is used to attach his steel vambraces. His greaves are a similar material, also fixed to his boiled leather breeches, and only a thin layer of metal that runs upright around his collar protects his neck from glancing blows. If he requires a helmet, he can summon one of hardened steel. Although as thin as the rest of his armour, and just as light, it is remarkably tough, having been forged in the fires of Volundr’s forges (the --Norse Smith God). The helmet is a full-head one, but without a visor, allowing a full field of vision. The helmet is conical in shape, the top squared off as if the point had been chopped off, and a pair of small horns sprout from where the ears are on the inside of the helmet, the horns reaching only a little taller than the top of the helmet. The horns are made of a dull golden iron, and the base of the horns have a small hole in them which leads to a hole in the helmet where the ears are, so he can hear easier. [Yes, I know the Horns on a Viking helmet are myth, but it just looks cool]. He rarely uses this helmet, though. The helmet itself is black, much like the boiled leather Jerkin- which also has small metal semispheres embedded on it- and the breeches. The Jerkin also has a slightly raised, textured silver snarling wolf on the chest, only about the size of his fist, and the mane runs to the pauldrons and sides. Despite this, the Jerkin remains extremely light. The Pauldrons are a dark green with a tribal-designed running wolf pasted on each one. The Vambraces and Greaves are also a dark, dark green- almost black- with silver trimming. His armoured boots are also black.

-Abilities: As well as being a deadly combatant with both staff and blade, able to dance around most combatants in his significantly lighter and more flexible armour, he is also a master of illusionary “magic”. He can summon and dispel any of his equipment he wishes, and can even teleport short distances. His mastery of illusionary magic allows him to do anything from making himself invisible to shapeshifting to even creating entirely false surroundings or creatures. He can even make the creatures ‘feel’ real, allowing for a quick distraction should he need to escape.

-Background: He spent most of his childhood and teenage years wandering the frozen wastes of Russia, surviving on his wit, resourcefulness and independence. Not much of his earliest life is known, or where his parents went to leave him alone as young as eight, and he has never been particularly forthcoming. Chiron found him whilst retrieving a Son of Hephaestus from Stalingrad, and almost forced Murdoch to accompany him to Camp Halfblood, where- when no God claimed him- he was placed into the Hermes House.

And…that’s about it, I believe.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:31 pm

Alright, it looks good. Once everyone post their bio, I believe we can begin. Do we agree that the Roman camp has already travelled to camp Half Blood, so we all start off together? They've just arrived though, so they're not really known.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:33 pm

Why don't we start off as they're arriving? So we get their first impressions of Camp Half Blood, and the reactions the others have?
    Alexis
    Alexis

Post by Alexis Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:19 pm

To make things easier I'd be willing to change my character to the daughter of Ares, but I'm afraid my knowledge in Greek mythology is mostly from google.
    Deamonata
    Possum
    Possum

Post by Deamonata Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:38 pm

quick question Murdoch, do you know you are a son of Loki?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Character Name(s): Aki Inzuka
    Archetype: He is quite tanned due to the amount of time he spends outdoors working
    Hair Color: black
    Hairstyle: short and spiky
    Eye Color: dark green
    Height: 6’2
    Scars: Multiple spot scars on his arms from where he picked scabs, 1 burn scar on the top of his right wrist, Scars on back and chest from the open heart surgery he underwent as a baby, a 1 inch scar form the corner of his right eye down (not very noticeable) and pockmarks in his forehead and chest where he scratched chicken pox as a child.
    Tattoos: A tribal patterned wolf on his left upper arm

Jumper:http://store.ubiworkshop.com/products/Desmond-Hoodie-%252d-Blank.html (shh I like it)
    shirt: Red T shirt
    Hands: sometimes black and green fingerless biking gloves
    Pants: Dark blue jeans with tribal pattern on right leg, whilst biking a pair of loose fitting black ¾ length shorts
    Shoes: work boots, deck shoes or XC biking shoes

--Armour: black hood and under-shirt, a mix of brown leather armour and coloured steel (green)(leather is cuirass, gauntlets and shin armour)(steel is right shoulder, and small circlet which I wear on my head)

--weapons: has about 30 throwing knives- 5 underneath my left armpit, 5 over my right shoulder, 2 up my left wrist , 3 strapped onto my left boot, 5 on my back and the rest are in sheaths that go right around waist, A small dagger strapped to my right thigh and 2 Steel falcata swords forged by my father--->http://www.wulflund.com/images_items/greek-falcata-sword_2.jpg

Strengths(as perceived by the character): He can break in a horse, he can run a mile in under 5 minutes 30, has a good base level of fitness, is good with his hands, has a very active imagination, Is good at taking orders , has a strong view of what is right and what is wrong, decisive.

Weaknesses (as perceived by the character): socially awkward, tries to get to know people but ends up overly defensive, quick to anger, prone to bursts of pure rage, is ugly and knows it, is academically poor, lazy, tries to outdo people and be the best when he clearly isn’t, is a recluse

Powers: Pyrokenesis and a skill with metallurgy.

Last edited by Akimaru on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Yes, I do....the story behind Murdoch being claimed will be revealed over time, but Murdoch is aware of his true ancestry. I was thinking; nobody would suspect him of being Loki's son, not even other Norse demigods, because Loki is supposedly trapped in the entrails of one of his kids beneath dripping venom, right? Well, he's the trickster God...who's to say that he hasn't already escaped and is biding his time, getting everything into position before making the announcement that Ragnarok has come? Smile Murdoch may well play a part in that...
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:58 pm

It's fine Alexis, you don't have to change. If you'd guys like, we can start now.
    Deamonata
    Possum
    Possum

Post by Deamonata Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:59 pm

I'm happy to start whenever
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:42 pm

ooc - alright, I'll start us off then.

bic - Danny stood by the edge of the lake, the water slowly and calmly lapping over his feet. It was cliché and a bit too dramatic, but Danny loved being by the water. Sure, he was the son of Poseidon, of course he loved being by the water. Chiron was speaking of dangers, and hard times. He didn't say it to the camp publicly, but Danny wasn't stupid, and he snuck around, he heard things.

The older kids, himself, were important. The gods were busy and not as powerful as they used to be, not as keen. In other words, this battle wasn't theirs anymore. It got pushed onto their kids. Danny, unlike most kids at the camp, have never left the grounds, he was scared. He heard these terms "cars", "planes", "Playstation", but he never actually got the experience them. He didn't mind, not before anyway. He loved it here at the camp, an his abilities have gotten stronger because of it, but would his lack of knowledge be an large disadvantage?

"Pa," he muttered, looking at the blue gem on his ring. "How drastically are things going to change for me?" He was speaking rhetorically of course, but whenever he spoke to his father like this, the gem would glow, and get warm. Danny was sure he was listening.

From behind he heard the sound of kids running past the lake and towards the entrance of the camp grounds. Chiron spoke of new arrivals. He said it was to make friends and become stronger, but Danny thought differently. Was it because they needed the help? Danny stood there for a moment before walking away from the lake - his feet completely dry despite walking from the water - slipping on his sandals and heading towards the camp entrance. He looked back down at his ring, which had stopped glowing.
    Alexis
    Alexis

Post by Alexis Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:25 pm

ooc: Really sorry, but one last question, how are the Roman kids getting there? A bus? Walking?
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Doesn't matter. I guess they could of journeyed there together.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:28 am