Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Alexis
Daylight Shadow
Deamonata
Danny
8 posters

Percy Jackson Type Role Play

Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Percy Jackson Type Role Play - Page 3 Empty Percy Jackson Type Role Play

Post by Danny Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey guys. I love the whole Greek mythology idea, and I know a lot of people now a days know it based off the book "Percy Jackson" so, here's a little role play that I hope everyone will enjoy.

~~~CREDITS TO THE ORIGINAL CREATOR OF THIS ROLE PLAY!~~~

Since the fall of Kronos, the world has been trying to get itself together. But sadly, with Gaia awake and out to destroy everything they hold dear, Camp Halfblood has to join forces with their Roman counterpart to win this coming battle. The only problem is, can the two camps actually work together after their history of civil wars?

Ooc: I suppose if you'd like, we can all think up of an idea to stop Gaia, or we can just see where it goes.

Gods! (Only one person per God please)

Greek Gods!
    Aphrodite [].

Apollo [].

***Ares[Eljordo]. Jordan has the abillity to (in combat/dangerous situations) slow the passage of time (in his perspective), giving his god-like reflexes.

Athena [].

***Hades [Demonata/George].

***Hephaestus [Aki] Pyrokenesis and a skill with metallurgy.

Hermes [].

***Poseidon [Daniel McKarthy/Danny]. He as the ability to heal while in water. He has super strength and can control water.)

***Zeus [Kristie/Kristina Torcette]. Being the daughter of Zeus, I can minipulate the weather around me. If my emotions are ever in over drive, which has only ever happened twice in my entire life, the weather reacts to it. I’ve always loved the lightening and thunder storms, so I’ve perfected those above all others. Since last summer however, my abilities have gotten a lot weaker, so I try to avoid using them at all costs, so it doesn’t show.

Roman Gods! (In the same order as the Greeks).
    ***Venus [Daylight Shadow/Avalon Sparrow]. Can control, communicate with and shape shift into animals (all animals). I control nature and plants as well as the weather.

Apollo [].

***Mars [Alexis/Amelia Haymont] In addition to strength and speed, her senses are also heightened; she can adapt to any weapon given, and heal faster than average.

Minerva [].

Pluto []

Vulcan [].

Mercury [].

Neptune [].

Jupiter [].

Other Gods
    ***Loki [Murdoch]. As well as being a deadly combatant with both staff and blade, able to dance around most combatants in his significantly lighter and more flexible armour, he is also a master of illusionary “magic”. He can summon and dispel any of his equipment he wishes, and can even teleport short distances. His mastery of illusionary magic allows him to do anything from making himself invisible to shapeshifting to even creating entirely false surroundings or creatures. He can even make the creatures ‘feel’ real, allowing for a quick distraction should he need to escape.
    At the camp, it is under the impression that he is a son of Hermes, though no one is really sure.

NOTE: Don't forget this has mythology, so don't be afraid to get creative. I don't mind what your abilities or weapons are really, just try not to go too too over board and don't forget that your not invincible!

Last edited by Danny on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:35 pm; edited 15 times in total
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Percy Jackson Type Role Play - Page 3 Empty Re: Percy Jackson Type Role Play

Post by Danny Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:25 pm

Tired of waiting, Danny sighs and lifts Aki up from the puddle, and though Aki is lifted up, Danny made sure all the water stayed on the ground, keeping Aki dry. "Happy now?" Danny asked, his eyebrow raised with a smile on his face.

Danny turned to see the new girl again and was about to greet her, when he noticed something in the training pits, and no, it wasn't George. It was a camper he wasn't familiar with, but Danny knew he went to his camp. Was he part of the Hermes cabin? There was far to many kids of that cabin for Danny to count. Regardless, he was being beaten by two other kids. Ares kids, Danny knew for sure. He's... tangoed with them before.

"Uh, I'll get back to you, okay?" Danny said to the girl from the other camp, smiling politely. "But there are more pressing matters." Without another word, Danny ran towards the arenas, down the hill, flying pass George and towards the Ares arena. He dodged passed a few people casually walking around, and climbed into the arena seating. He stopped to assets the situation and catch his breath. They were beating the Hermes campers relentlessly. He was caught in a net was was defenseless as they swung their weapons and kicked him. "Hey!!" Danny yelled with anger and a bit of aggression. He waited for them to stop and look up before he jumped into the arena weaponless. "Don't you think he's had enough? What kind of fight is this?"
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:26 pm

OOC- Don't say sorry for being detailed Razz I was just playin'. You think I'd be use to it by now.

Posting in abit, I SUPPOSE I could help ;P
    Deamonata
    Possum
    Possum

Location : The best country of them all UK!!!! (and the north of it so even better)

Post by Deamonata Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:26 pm

George turn hearing Aki yell only to see him get knocked over a few seconds later by a horse, George walked over seeing Danny "are you up to your tricks already" he said shaking his head.

He smiled at the blond girl that had walked back over, the same one that had been riding the horse. "you must be one of the romans, Venus I'm guessing based on your looks"
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:51 pm

The quite surreal stroll to the battlegrounds was rudely interrupted. My God.. What was going on? From a good five-minute walk away, I could hear the clashing, the slamming, and the pin that two weapons of steel make when they hit. It was loud, so it was strong.. By the rhythm of them, you could say the tune was screaming aggression and rage. At first I guessed that the guests weren’t getting a long, and getting the ‘ol HalfBlood camp welcoming.. But they know better. We know better than to start a summer with that nonsense.. Right? Because if it wasn’t them versus us.. It would have to be us, versus us. No way the Romans would start a fight so early with each other on unknown grounds. Who was picking a fight this time, this early?

Strange, I’d be walking and thinking so much I hadn’t clued into the fact I wasn’t hearing it anymore. Usually once things get going, everyone wants a piece of the action. The gathering would go on for hours. But.. It was quiet, dead quiet.. Not literal I hope. A grunt, a call, something happened just now. A silence during a battle? No.. It doesn’t happen unless something has got out of hand. Should I run? I should probably run. I ran, and it only took 30 seconds for me to reach the shallow hill that overlooked the battlegrounds. Someone was on the ground.. In a net? Who was it, and who uses a net during battle? Blood chicken shits. Anyways.. There were others.. Younger others. One was going a the guy in the net with a large weapon.. No, a.. SERIOUSLY? What is with the world today..

Like my feet had wheels, I got down the hill and to the ground in record timing. The sound of the strikes on the man in the net echoed on my way down. When I looked over to them finally, it was clear to whom everyone was. I really don’t like the Aries kids, never have, never will. Little shits cause a lot of trouble here. Danny was already down there, tearing at them. I want to join him.

I jumped from the grass to the sandy grounds. Standing about 30 feet from them, walking towards with my eyes glaring at the Aries Children. “It’s a bunch of cowards ganging up one man. Aren’t you people supposed to be obsessed with pride? I don’t believe the word ‘bully’ falls in that category.” Oh.. Who was the guy in the net? Closer.. Closer. OH, the Hermes guy. Makes sense I guess, but it still cold to gang up on him, and humiliating for the Children. I don’t think I’ll say that out loud though.. Me getting into a quarrel wasn’t on my agenda, since now I’ve no clue the extent of what I’m capable in combat. Although.. I could always.. Try? I was now standing just behind Danny, but then moved to the side so I was facing the group of them. “Your move Rugrats.” They were no where near that small.. But it was a show I saw once during the 10 months I wasn’t here. They sort of reminded me of the babies in the show. I glanced down at the Hermes boy in the net.. I need to remember his name eventually. Once they’re gone we’ll cut him out, get him looked at if he needs it.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:59 pm

And just like that, the beatings stop. The pain ebbs away swiftly, it being the result of the enchantment on the weapons- although the dull ache of where the weapons struck still twinges- and the net feels extremely tight and a little painful on the aches, but beyond that, he's alive. He feels a massive sense of relief at that, and struggles to open his eyes-
    -and has to do a double take. Jamie and Beth are still there, weapons in hand, but now their backs are to him, as they look at something else across the pitch. Murdoch follows their gaze, and his eyes alight on two other campers. They're unarmed, but both are furious and are seriously laying into the Aries campers. I have to smile at their criticism of their 'honour' and my aching body can't help but agree. Although it might not be the best tactic with Beth, it certainly is one that will make her stop and think. Ironically, Beth hates hypocrites.

Murdoch struggles to his elbows and chuckles shakily. Beth glances back at him with a look that could curdle milk, but luckily, he isn't a dairy product so it doesn't affect him much. After that beating, her looks won't scare him. However, the looks she's giving them and the way she's fingering her trident suggests she's likely to try and stab them. Beth is a complicated one, and Jamie will follow her lead...best to head it off...although, Beth would usually just charge in at this point. Why the hesitation? No matter; he should step in anyway. At least he knows which buttons to push. "You call me a coward," He begins, earning a glance from Jamie, "Yet you consider attacking two unarmed bystanders?" Murdoch lets out a short, sharp bark at the rhetoric question. He doesn't answer it, allowing Beth to think it over.

Her face pulls up into a snarl, and she turns to Jamie. "Get these two-" she gestures towards Dominic and Jake "-up. We're done here..." She backs off a little, and moves her trident towards Murdoch. He does his best not to flinch, but all she does is use her trident to flick the net off of him and retrieve it flawlessly with one hand. The relief of the pressure on top of him is a...well, a relief, and he can't help but sigh lightly. Beth then beats a hasty retreat with a face like thunder, gives Jake a hefty boot that makes him start awake and heads towards the gateway, the air almost seeming to darken around her as she stalks away. Jamie, supporting Jake and Dominic, limp after her, casting one last baleful glare at the group. Murdoch whistles lightly.
    "I don't think you've heard the last of that..." he mutters before struggling to a sitting position. He rolls his shoulder a little, wincing at the ache, but returns his attention to the duo. Probably Children of powerful Gods, by both their bearing, confidence and general righteousness. And the way Beth reacted to them, of course. "Thanks are in order," he says. Despite being somewhat of a loner, he does have social skills. He's just not big on large crowds, "But I did have everything under control," He offers a wry smile as he shifts his weight, ready to get up, but then he feels something barrel into him from behind, and he groans anew at the twinged aches.

"Sorrysorrysorry!" He hears behind him in a panicked babble, and soon the fresh face of Alaya comes into view as she settles beside him on her knees, looking him over anxiously. Her hand is on his shoulder as the other one rests on the floor to balance her, and he has to ruthlessly suppress a smile at the feeling. Yes, this is consolation indeed...except...was that a sob just now, a sudden rising of her chest and a quiet sniff? Is she crying? Now that he looks, he can clearly see tears in her eyes, which are a little red and puffy, and water trails down her face. The water has made her make-up run a little bit, and a thin trail of light pink is flowing down her face. Her lips are trembling as well, and he frowns.
    "Alaya, what's wrong?" He asks, concerned. He may have met her only briefly those couple of months ago, and only properly about two days past, but they've still bonded a little; she hung around him constantly for fear of being singled out again, even going so far as to follow him when he exited the Hermes house in the morning. He doesn't mind, though; she's good company, and they can talk easily enough about anything. She's a kind person, and beneath the shy and nervous exterior, she's actually quite intelligent. He just wishes she's learn to stand up for herself a little...when Jake was abusing her, she was just sitting there and taking it, which no one should have to do.

She sobs again. "This is m-m-my fault..." she says shakily, "You got beaten b-because of me..." she trails off into sniffs and sobs. Murdoch shakes his head slowly.
    "No, it isn't," he says softly, "It isn't your fault that they picked on you, and don't you ever say otherwise. It was me that got myself into the duel, not you. You begged me not to get involved, remember?"
    "B-but i-if I had-"
    "No," Murdoch says, firmer this time, "It isn't your fault. This was going to happen eventually...those Cretins have been looking for an excuse to start trouble for a long time. I'm glad I took two of them down before that net got me." He doesn't say anything about how he threw the fight, and he doesn't intend to. Rumours have a way of spreading, and although these two strangers nearby have good intentions- ostensibly- he doesn't know them, or how gossipy they are. To a certain extent, he doesn't know that much about Alaya either, but he would trust her to keep a secret if he asked her to.

Alaya looks like she's about to argue, so Murdoch forstalls her with a surprisingly tender finger pressed to her lips. Surprisingly because he, being not a small man and generally seen as an outsider and loner, hasn't got what you would call a gentle stereotype. Oh well. Screw stereotypes. Alaya's eyes flick briefly to his finger on her lips, then back up to his eyes, and he offers her a tiny, almost undetectable smile. "Help me up," he says, and she does so, although it takes some heaving on her part and a fair amount of effort on his. His legs have cramped up, and he doubles over to rub them again viciously.

Straightening up, he groans aloud as he feels his back pop, staggering slightly. In an instant, Alaya is there beneath his arm, keeping him upright. "Sorry about that," he says simply, meaning the period of ignoring his 'saviours'. He almost forgot that they were there when Alaya barrelled into him. "I must say thanks, again. I was beginning to think they would never stop. I'm Murdoch, Son of Hermes, and this is Alaya, Daughter of Aphrodite and the cause of all of this trouble," At that, Alaya has such a look of hurt mortification that Murdoch winces a little, which is odd considering that he doesn't usually consider peoples feelings...as his behaviour up to now has probably demonstrated. "I'm joking," he says softly. Alaya nods but still looks doubtful, and Murdoch grimaces ever so slightly. "And who are my saviours?"
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:21 pm

They stood there for a moment, the Ares kids and Danny. He walked forward, clenching his fists, when he heard something behind him. He didn't fully look back to see, but glanced back and noticed Kristie. They used to be good friends, but she keeps to herself a lot now as well.

The tension was thick as Danny starred at the children of Ares. They were always hot headed and arrogant at the best of times. Danny walked forward as Beth turned back to their victim. He was ready to attack, but Beth just drew off the net holding the victim captive. They took another look back at us before heading out of the arena.

Danny continued to walk forward when a girl rushed out of what seemed to be no where. He was going to press on, but the conversation they were having seemed private, or intimate at least, so Danny waited before he moved forward. It was the victim -Murdoch- who spoke first, and Danny just smiled as he spoke, glad they were okay. "Ah, well I'm Danny, son of Poseidon. Pleasure to meet you," Danny flashed a smile and held out his hand in greeting. "I'm glad you guys are alright. I think those Ares kids give everyone trouble!" He chuckled at the small joke to try and defuse any left over tension.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:22 pm

OOC: Im a little late to the party, can someone fill me in?

Bio:
    Character Name: Jordan
    Hair Color: black
    Hairstyle: short 'caesar' cut
    Eye Color: brown
    Height: 6'3
    Scars: Jordan posesses a multitude of minor scars from his childhood.

Tattoos: 'Μη φοβάσαι είσαι το παρελθόν' across his back, it says Do not fear your own past in english.

shirt: a typical t shirt, no logos, black
    Hands: casually, nothing. In combat he has leather gauntlets
    Pants: Usually jeans
    Shoes: DC skater shoes.

Armour: In battle, Jordan wears a typical bronze Greek Cronthian style helmet with a red horsehair crest along the top.To protect his chest he wears a leather curiass, with a red Pteryges (Greek skirt thing) attached to it. to protect his legs he wears leather greaves, and for his hands leather gauntlets.

weapons: Jordan carries with him the traditional Macedonian short sword, also called a Xyston. for protection he carries the greek hoplite shield called an Aspis (or Hoplon, both are correct). Throwing knives are also carried.

Strengths:As one of the sons of the greek God of War Ares, Jordan (even before his training at camp Halfblood)is a natural born fighter. He is naturally very skilled in all aspects of greek warfare, and armed/unarmed combat. He is in excelent phisical condition. He is proud of his heratige, and he is very brave.

Weaknesses: A negative trait that Jordan picked up from his father is bloodlust. When he is in combat, even sometimes a simple drill, Jordan tends to get carried away.

Powers: Jordan has the abillity to (in combat/dangerous situations) slow the passage of time (in his perspective), giving his god-like reflexes.

History: Jordan always knew that Ares was his real father. His mother told him at the young age of 5, and tought him to embrace his god like lineage (Though he was not allowed to tell outsiders of his father). Jordan realised his natural fighting talent at the age of 12, when a group of 5 schoolyard bullies attempted to beat him up. Jordan had no trouble taking them down, breaking several of their bones without even being hit himself. At the age of 18, his mother was attacked by a greek beast named a Chimera (Fire breathing beast with one lion head, a goat head and a snake tail), Jordan took up his families sword and killed the beast. After this he made his way to camp Halfblood when he has been training ever since.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:30 pm

ooc: Can't post right now, but I will say to you, Kristie and Danny, sorry for making that an Alaya-central post...I just thought that, the Aires kids having left, she would rush over ASAP, and she would feel guilty because of the person she is. She also needs fleshing out a little, because- although she was intended as such originally- she's growing on me and is no longer a throw-away character, if that's all right. Smile

Also, Jordan....MY. SCI-FI. RP. Sad
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:33 pm

ooc - Yeah, no worries guys. And basically, we're all just hanging out. Waiting for everyone to finish and get ready before we actually start the role play. So just add your opening post.

Murdoch, Krisite, and I are by the arena. George, Aki, and Shadow are close by the arenas, and Alexis is walking into the camp.
    Alexis
    Alexis

Post by Alexis Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:58 pm

ooc: Yeah well now I'm going to sit. I'm not trying to be anti-social or anything, promise, but I suggest no one speak to my character yet, because I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow. And this will more than likely be my last post today.

Amelia had trouble holding her ground when she could clearly see a fight, or what remained of it from her position. Unlike most others, fights thrilled her, and to exaggerate only slightly, gave her purpose. But she did hold her ground right until others helped who appeared to be more a young man than any teenager escape. It was then that she found she had been holding her breath. No time for trouble on the first day. To her right she saw bright blond hair; of course it had to be Avalon, only she would go looking for, and be able to make friends so quickly. The girl would hand he life over to anyone who gave her a smile or said hello. Amelia turned away from both scenes, both risked her being put in social situations, something she was never very good at.

Walking further north she found cabins, but rather than numbers, names were etched into panels in elegant scripts. She passed Hades, Zeus, and Athenia before realising that they were all of course, Greek. Her bag was starting to feel heavy on her shoulder and exhaustion blurring the edges of her thoughts. Again she considered running away, it was the perfect time to do so, no one would expect it from her, giving her apt time to get away. But there was a great chance of her getting lost and unable to make her way back to the camp.

Finally, she decided to take a seat on the steps of a cabin with the name Apollo written on it and dropped her bag by her side. Opening it, she pulled out a pair of black running shoes, quickly switching them in for the ones she already had on, just in case. A fight was a good thing, but she had seen what had happened to the other down there, and wasn’t feeling up to surrendering to brutal torture. After placing the other shoes in the bag she closed it again. The area seemed rather empty despite the time, the sun would start to set within the hour. Amelia leaned against the railing of the cabin and tried to relax a little more.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Murdoch makes a 'tching' sound, glancing over his shoulder at the entrance that the Aries kids just exited through. "You have no idea," he says, grimacing a little, "Those ones in particular have been causing trouble recently...I can only hope that they decide that they've made their point and stay away now," and that he's too hard a target, but he doubts that would stop bullies from the Aries house. Murdoch rolls his shoulder not draped across Alaya's shoulder, grunting as it pops, and grimaces again. He seems to be doing that a lot now. Alaya looks about to apologise again, but Murdoch gives her a frustrated look and she looks down, visibly upset, making Murdoch feel absurdly guilty. He gives Danny a long-suffering look and sighs heavily.
    "Well, we can at least hope that the Mars kids will take up the Aries kids attentions for a while...sibling rivalry and all that lark..."
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:32 pm

OOC- Late, I know. Work blows.

BIC-
    Alone an Aries child wasn’t that much of a hassle. You set them straight, put them in their place, and they generally bugger off. Oh, but once you get them in a group, at least two, but the real danger starts at three, you better have a plan. How much their ego can rise in a matter of seconds is astonishing. They’re devilish little.. Things.. That go peckin’ at any vulnerable person out there. Sadly they have nothing better to do, so tossing that at them is pointless. Best not spend too much time thinking about them, and just brush them off. That’s what can really get them going.. Mock them.

“Pestering little bugs they are. They get mean in groups, but damn is it ever fun to watch them scatter when they know they’ve lost.” I said, looking to where they children had vanished to, like I was speaking to them. Too much? I thought for a moment I was beginning to sound as cocky as the Aries children.. Oh well, who can disagree with that?

I finally looked to the man who they were ganging up on. Murdoch, he’d introduced himself as, and the son of Hermes.. Never heard of him before.. But, that’s not that shocking. I don’t get around much in our world, so it’s hard to keep track of everyone. HER though, the girl who.. In a way, glued herself to him, I’d heard of. Just never seen. She was definitely Aphrodite’s daughter.. Just by looking at her, but the atmosphere she gave off would say otherwise. It wasn’t like what her mother gave off, and her I’ve met plenty of times. Reputation proceeds.. We’ll leave it at that.

“Anyways, although the circumstances suck, it’s nice to meet the two of you. I’m Kristina, and you can call me anything but that.” I flashed a light smile; ease the tension maybe. Seriously though, being called ‘Kristina’ irritated me.. It’s why my father still calls me. Use to be just for fun, now it’s because he knows it annoys me. I never liked full out blurting who my parents were; made it seem like I was proud. “Have the little Rugrats done this before?”
    Daylight Shadow
    Daylight Shadow

Post by Daylight Shadow Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:56 am

“Great I look like my mother. Personally I don't see the resemblance but good to know that you're not blind. I'm Avalon, daughter of Venus" I sniff the air and look at the aura around the man before me (Deam) "and from the smell of dead corpses and your black aura you must be the son of Hades.” I say as a small smile touches my lips.
    Deamonata
    Possum
    Possum

Location : The best country of them all UK!!!! (and the north of it so even better)

Post by Deamonata Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:33 am

George nodded "yeah son of hades, lord of the dead" he sighed, "whats wrong with looking like your mother?" He asked a bit confused "how bad can it be?"
    Daylight Shadow
    Daylight Shadow

Post by Daylight Shadow Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:21 am

I sigh and bite my lower lip. Reliving the past was not someting I wanted to do. Now or ever. I shake the memories out of my head and smile "Bad enough but beauty does have its up sides."
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:55 am

Murdoch shrugs slightly, trying not to wince. One of them must have caught his shoulder hard; the pain hasn't gone away...possibly from one of their boots? He doesn't know, and at this point, he doesn't care. All he cares about is getting the shoulder seen to, eventually. As he's thinking this, he can feel Alaya shifting beneath his arm, and then it drops to his side as she wiggles out. He staggers ever so slightly as he gets used to the sudden lack of support, but he doesn't fall over; he isn't that weak. He turns his head to look at her for a moment, and widens his eyes in surprise; she's fumbling with the straps of his left pauldron, attempting to lift the steel from his shoulder. Ah. She must have noticed his wincing and grimacing, and connected it to his shoulder when he did it whilst shrugging; he forgot that she was a medic first and foremost.

He sighs, reaching up to his pauldron with his right hand to help her. "Here, let me," he says.
    "Thanks..." she mutters as she unloops the leather straps. Ah. She's in medic-mode; deadly serious all of a sudden, shyness forgotten when faced with an injury. The thought makes Murdoch smile; she'll make a very good healer one day, and if his guesses are right, she'll grow up to be a very kind, very beautiful young lady as well. Not that she isn't that now, of course, but she's only sixteen. Hardly what you would call an adult. He remembers when she was treating him for his wound; friendly throughout, but what she said was the law as far as she was concerned. A far cry from the scared girl he defended from the Aires children.

Now that the pauldron is off, she unlaces the jerkin at the shoulder and pulls it apart to inspect it closely. Murdoch can't quite see the bit she's looking at, but a frown tells him all he needs to know; there must be a mark there.
    "How bad is it?" He asks.
    "There's a lump here," she says, prodding a spot at the base of his neck lightly. Although it was done gently, it still causes him to suck in a breath of air sharply, and she glances up.
    "Sorry," she says apologetically, and Murdoch gives a slight shake of the head to say that it's OK. She offers a small smile before looking down again, reaching into a pocket by her side. Murdoch lifts his eyes from her back to the pair in front of him, pointedly ignoring the way her hands are trailing along his shoulder to find bruises and lumps. Every now and then he has to wince or gasp as she finds one, but something that looks, smells and feels a little like a cream quickly soothes it.

"To answer your question," he says eventually, when Alaya is set about her work, "they probably have done this sort of thing before, knowing them, but this was the first time I was involved in something as serious and far-along as this...I only got dragged into this duel because I stood up for this one," he inclines his head sharply towards Alaya, and she nods.
    "I...was being harassed," she says nervously, the shy exterior reasserting itself again, even though she's still in medic-mode. Perhaps it's just her patients she takes the no-nonsense attitude with, or maybe the extent of her medic-mode depends on the severity of the injury. "Murdoch intervened...and this all happened...because of..." she trails off, and Murdoch thinks he can hear a slight sniff. She really is sensitive, isn't she? Murdoch has to roll his eyes slightly.
    "Alaya, this is not your fault. End of story." Alaya nods, but Murdoch isn't convinced that she accepts it.

"Anyway," he continues, "I don't think I'll hear much from them for a while. As I understand it, the next few days and weeks are going to be very busy."
    Deamonata
    Possum
    Possum

Post by Deamonata Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:03 am

"fair enough" George said letting the matter dropped. "So will you be using the Aphrodite Cabin?" George asked curious as to what the arrangements were. He looked at Aki, "you know I think you might need to change"
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:09 pm

Ah.. So that’s what provoked them; the cliché hero saves the damsel from the bad guy. Sounds stupid when you say it like that, but it’s the farthest thing from stupid. The boy had the balls to piss off the Aries children to help her out.. Like starting a fire, and instead of putting it out, he fed it enough to run for quite some time. I won’t say anything about it though.. As long as the conversation about the fight goes on, the more this girl, Alaya, seems to get upset. Best to let it go, say something a bit more pleasant. He was right at least; they wouldn’t be back for some time. But they would be, and they’d be a whole lot angrier when they return. Oh, this IS going to be a fun summer!

I nodded, not looking at anyone in particular, just agreeing with what he’d said. “Well.. You appear to be in good hands.. So I think I’ll be taking off. If they should show up unexpectedly.. Do ME a favour and call for us. Vengeance blinds them, and thus makes them careless as to the levels they’ll go to. But I highly doubt it’ll be an issue..” I sort of wanted to stay on the grounds, test out some things.. But I would do it when everybody left later on. I’ll check by once every hour or so, just to make sure I don’t miss a chance at a private practice. I waved a hand, left half a smile form on my face and turned to head off.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:56 pm

ooc - sorry!! I'm trying to post as frequent as I can!

bic - Danny stood there and smiled at the pair. He was injured by the Ares kids but when they're in a rage like that, it isn't so surprising! "Just glad I could help," Danny stated though to nothing in particular. He just felt the need to say it.

"You okay here? It's getting pretty late. Is anyone up for a trip to the dinning hall?" Danny asked, half hoping someone would join. He was one to eat, always hungry. But Danny was also always training too, so he needed the energy.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:41 am

ooc: You need to revisit the Sci Fi one, my friend.

Ic:

Murdoch watches as the girl- he thinks she said her name was Kristie- turns to leave, at almost the same time that Danny proposes dinner together. Murdoch isn't usually one to eat in a group, partially preferring and partially forced to by circumstance to eat alone. Still, it would be rude to refuse the invitation, especially after their timely intervention, and he has a feeling that Alaya will be hovering near him for at least the next few hours to make sure he's ok...and it would be a better idea for her to eat in a group and not only make some friends besides him who could distract the Aries Children, but also so that she might be able to get over her shyness; she's actually contributed very little to this conversation, and if she would only talk, he knows from the conversations that they've had in the past few days that she's actually quite intelligent and, more importantly, fun to talk to.

"What do you think?" he asks, looking down at Alaya, "Should we take them up on it?"
    Alaya pauses for a moment, then looks up at him. "If...you like..." she says it like it was a question with a right answer and that she doesn't know what that answer is. Murdoch has to ruthlessly suppress a sigh, and he looks up.
    "You heard the lady...we'll take you up on that invitation. Hey," he calls out to Kristie, "What about you? A victory feast, as it were!"
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:42 am

I didn’t stop walking; I just slowed down drastically and went from a glance back over my shoulder to full on turned back around, strolling backwards as I looked at the Hermes boy and Alaya. Good, they look happier. The gloom was done and over with, as it bloody well should be! No use being upset on your summer. “Certainly! I’ll meet you all up there!” I called back, the smile on my face giving the tone cheeriness to it. I was already a bit of the ways in front of them, not much, but I was. So I’ll stop when I get to the hall, wait for them near the doors before going in. I could stop.. Wait now, but it would do no harm if I did or didn’t. Plus, I do like getting lost in my thoughts. “Come on now!” I shouted back once more before turning back away, walking forwards instead of backwards. Hmm.. Now you mention it, I am getting hungry.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:24 pm

"Brilliant!" Danny smiled as he turned in Krisitie's direction and headed towards the dinning hall. "Glad you guys decided to join!!" he smiled glancing back at the two. He stayed with them, but Danny didn't want to get to close to them, he didn't want to "third wheel". But he was glad someone was joining him. There weren't any other Poseidon kids at the camp, so Danny was always seated by himself. Of course, he would usually sit with another table or with another group of people, but the feeling of walking with a group to the dinning hall felt good! Danny was, after all, a social person. Or so he liked to believe, behind all the pranks and such.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:14 am

Murdoch watches them start off ans shakes his head in disbelief. Him, going to dinner in a group? Whoever would have thought? He isn't antisocial, it's just that people generally seem to steer clear of him. They must think that, since he stays here all year round and is older than most people here, he must be some kind of freak, or that he's cursed or something. To be honest, Murdoch sometimes thinks the same thing. He isn't exactly ordi-
    His thoughts cut off and he gives a small start as he feels something soft and warm brush along his chest, beneath his armour. He looks down, and raises an eyebrow when he observes Alaya, one hand setting the small bandage on his shoulder straight and the other one ostensibly searching for more lumps or bruises. He thinks that the bandage is more to keep the lump from being knocked and to keep the cream from smudging than anything else, but it is still a slight overreaction in his opinion.

He ignores it, though, and she soon withdraws the hand, looking a little confused. "That wasn't on the list of approved groping areas, Little One," He teases gently.
    Alaya shakes her head. "There should be more lumps or bruises from what you just endured...it's like you didn't get beaten-" he watches as realisation of what he just said dawns on her face, and what she was just doing. The blushes a furious crimson, and looks down. "OhmigodImsosorryIwasjusttryingtocheckforbruisesand....and...." she rambles, before trailing off, and shifts her feet nervously. "I...erm...I didn't mean to...." she trails off again, and Murdoch has to laugh. This only serves to make her blush harder.
    "It's ok," he says simply, "I was only teasing. I know what you were doing." He waits for a moment, but when it becomes apparent that Alaya isn't going to say anything more, he just smiles and takes her hand companionably. She looks at it, puzzled, before looking up at him. She searches his face for a moment, and when he offers her a friendly smile, she smiles hesitantly as well. "Come on, we need to catch them up!" He gestures towards the shrinking figure of Kristie and the waiting figure of Danny. Alaya just nods.

Murdoch sets off, Alaya trailing behind him as he pulls her behind him as he walks briskly to where Danny is standing. "Lead on, Danny," he says as Alaya pulls up next to him, her hand still in his "You can choose the table."
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:56 am

ooc - also, could someone just god mod Aki to travel to the same place as the meeting. He'll post when his exams are over on Wednesday.

bic - "Right away sir," Danny chuckled as he headed towards the dinning hall. The sun was setting and was slightly lingering in the sky before it would fall for the night. A few stars started to appear in the sky where half the sky was dark and the rest (closer to the sun) was a orange and pinkish colour. There were a few satyr's lighting some posts of light, bringing light to the main path.

After walking up the small hill from the battle and training areas, Danny saw the dinning hall a bit in the distance and behind a few trees. There was a couple groups of kids who where both leaving and arriving at the dinning hall. At this hour at night, it was mostly just random groups of kids picking up some food rather than having an actual meal.

Danny walked into the dinning hall and moved through a few rooms before deciding to sit closer to the food. He liked to eat, was it such a crime? He waited for the others to arrive before he would get anything, just to be polite. Though he did notice a satyr who seemed a bit lost. He was looking around and holding something.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:31 am

It was surprising to see the little amount of people in the dinning hall compared to what I had expected. People picking around, still settling in, and then there were the few groups who actually looked like they knew what they were doing. Mainly the older groups; people who have been here for a couple years and are familiar with what you do when you get here; Nothing! This wasn’t like the ‘camps’ I’d heard about back in the mortal community, where there were scheduled games, councilors.. Crafts? No, here you did what you wanted, as long as you behaved, and did as you were told if the time calls for it. We had games.. But they were slightly different than tossing around a ball on some gravel. New comers, younger children, looked a little lost as if they were waiting for someone to tell them what to do. I remember being that.. My first year was fun, the second was even better.. And the third was the best and worst year.. Part of me misses it.

“Watch it, sparkle.” I’d been occupied looking around the room, watching what others were doing.. Creepy, but it was fun. I’d strolled slowly into the room, away from the doorway and come shoulder to shoulder with someone else. It was by no means an accident.. The force was intentional, and acted on how spaced out I must have looked. The voice.. That bloody thing she called me, I knew who it was. After regaining my balance I turned to look at her, her friends all leaving the hall as she slowed down and turned to see my reaction. I could yell.. I could insult her.. But it wouldn’t be as effective.

“Still angry with me Sandra? You’re not setting a very good reputation for yourself, you know?” She despised me. We’d been good friends the past couple years, but ever since we got a vacation for the mortals, and got to go to our land. We’d never dueled before, not once, because we feared it would cause tension between the two of us. Turns out we were dead on! We fought.. It was the longest I’ve ever fought, a good hour at the most. In the end I won, but only just. We’d been equal most of the match; I just got lucky near the end. Unknowingly her father, Hephaestus, had been watching, and was exaggeratedly disappointed in her.. She holds the embarrassment grudge against me. What’s new?

She rolled her eyes, probably not expecting me to dump it all in the open and just make some rude insult. I didn’t want to talk to her anymore than she to me, so getting her to walk off like she did worked like a charm. Do I say anything more? Taunt? No? Probably not.. It would hit at her enough to make her stay. Damnit. Luckily I noticed Danny, Alaya and.. Murdoch – Hope I got that right – standing in the doorway. I smiled at the group, “You lot coming?”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:43 pm