Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Deamonata
Zalgo the Imminent
Mercy
ThesolutionisBOOM
8 posters

party of four, demon action [Help A Noob Out]

ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Read Me party of four, demon action [Help A Noob Out]

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Alright, so i haven't gotten way too much help starting on this board, so i figured i'll just jump straight into it. I've done things like this before... that... one time... but hey come on, how difficult can it be right?

So i'm looking for an adventuring party for this one, 3 or 4 people would be awesome. I intend to basically just work background, set up scenarios and whatnot, and basically work the Dungeon Master role.

It's going to start out a little fluffy, but not too soft, sort of like a mace wrapped in 6 inches of cotton, and then once we get the ball rolling, i'm gonna take that mace, light the cotton on fire, and hit you in the face with it repeatedly until it all burns off.

The Roleplay is primarily action, but there will be chances for plenty of cottony fluffy wooly goodness in between, and for a while it can probably be related to fighting in an Arena. First you're in the barracks, nervous, tense, not quite able to relax. Then you go out and fight like a crazy arse, and only when you're done do you get to come back and REALLY chill. Then you go out and fight again, and come back and relax again, and we'll just repeat that for a while, until i decide to break out the big guns. Sound good?

Three phrases can thoroughly describe my intentions for this roleplay: Powerful demons, Ultimate evil, True apocolypse.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Read Me Re: party of four, demon action [Help A Noob Out]

Post by Mercy Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:02 pm

Powerful demons, eh?? --chuckles-- have i got some characters for this rp...

these two characters are my babies <3

Name: Jinx [means magic charm; gothic] + Echo
    Skin color: creamy pale with rosy cheeks
    Eye Color: clear kaleidoscope color
    Hair color: Dark brown
    Hair style: parted to the side, long curls. Hits right below shoulders.
    Clothes: t shirt jeans. Necklace with symbol for chaos on it, it has a mysterious golden glow around it. I have chocolate brown wings [13 ft wingspan].
    Personality [Jinx]: Stubborn, all buiz and no chat. Hates taking no for an answer.
    Personality [Echo]: Sweeter than her sister. A little more a follower than Jinx. More sympathetic than Jinxie.
    Species: Chaos Child
    Powers [Jinx]: can push thoughts/feelings/memories into your mind so you believe whatever I say. Sees/talks to/feels spirits, can also pass through the realm of the dead and the living. Controls Energies.
    Powers [Echo]: Control of Shadows. Shares the ability to see the dead and pass through the realms with her sister. See the future/and/or/past
    Other: Has a demonic ‘guardian’ named is Darcie. She is invisible to everyone but Jinx. Jinx uses mostly projectiles, but she is also good at hand to hand combat. Echo has a demonic guardian named Caleb, again he’s invisible to anyone but the Chaos Children.
    A Chaos Child was a rare and dangerous species; no one is sure about the history except that they were from Demonic descent. Some say the Chaos Children were created during the war of the Light Creatures and the Dark Creatures. There were two Chaos Children, Echo and Jinx [twins]. They have the ability to change into a child form as well [6 yrs old] so no one suspects who they really are.
    Jinx and Echo also have ''hovering spots'' where they Bond with someone for protection. Jinx stays in the form of a blue orb and Echo stays in the form of someone's Shadow.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Yo, Andre, I would join, but y'know how my schedule is normally.

What I will say is watch out for Jinxie here. She'll slit your throat given the chance.
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:25 pm

Jinx and Echo sound fun, and just about perfect for this. Though i have to warn you, in the world i'm creating for this RP, feel free to do what you want with death, but i'm taking jurisdiction over all travel in and out of the plane of fire (the equivilant of hell in this world, i'll explain it all before we start). I'm almost tempted to just start with only Jinx and Echo, but i want some player interaction, and trust me when i say that i'm doing you a favor, because for some reason unbeknownst to me, people have difficulties figuring their way through my rps alone if i try tossing in any brain teasers (which i am one to do).

So I'm going to wait for a few more people to show up, and if they do or if they don't, we'll start in earnest next week.
    Deamonata
    Possum
    Possum

Location : The best country of them all UK!!!! (and the north of it so even better)

Post by Deamonata Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:04 pm

Name: Elvgloth Do'ate

Race:Drow

Age: 40 (maturity and appearance by human standards is early 20s)

Deity: Mielikki

Appearance: Like most of his race Elvgloth has obsidian coloured skin and silver coloured hair, his eyes however are a brilliant blue.

Elvgolth generally wears loose fitting cloth clothes generally borwn and green, he also wears a Piwafwi the only thing from his drow heritage he has kept.

He is usually armed with 2 sentient scimitars, the first is named "Vecna" the blade has been magically honed to a razor's edge, the blade also enhanced the wielder's strength, and can be used to call down lightning bolts from the sky. The blade is infused with the mind of the first wielder of the sword a noble paladin

the second blade is called "Khazid'hea", Khazid'hea means "Cutter" in the Drow dialect. It is a finely crafted blade that is able cut through flesh, bone, armor, and even rock. The blade itself is sentient, and can project its “thoughts” into the user's head and even affect their reasoning. On the occasions this has happened, they have gone into battle against impossible numbers without realizing it until their enemies lay dead before them. In the process, they often get hurt, but don’t notice. Khazid'hea is always hungry for blood and battle, and it is never sated, accepting it's wielders sacrifice in pursuit of a better one. The hilt of Khazid'hea changes depending upon the wielder to reflect them, in the hands of Elvgolth the hilt is gold with a panther's head mounted on the end.

the two sentient blades are constantly fighting for control thus leaving Elvgoth in control for the most part.

He also carrise a bow named Taulmaril (also known as the Heartseeker). Taulmaril is a beautifully crafted elven longbow, made of polished wood. Though highly decorated, elven crafters also gave the bow metal inlays without sacrificing rate of fire and accuracy, and gives the wielder the option to fend off attacks. Arrows launched from this bow emit a powerful jolt of magical force, and have been known to crash through solid rock and create sparks and lightning when in flight to utterly decimate the target.

Accessories: Elvgoth has a small collection of magical items that aid him:

• Obsidian statuette of a horse: summons a white astral horse from the outer realms for a period of up to 48 hours (the horse must rest for 1 hour for ever 2 it is summoned for).
    • A silver quiver with 20 arrows in it, as so as one arrow is fired then a new arrow will appear within a matter of seconds.
    • A silver pendant with a unicorn engraved upon it granting him an immunity to most poisons, and slowing the effects of the rest.
    • A belt covered in ornate golden scales with shapes like oak leaves, shields and swords, and is adnorned with sixteen gems. In profile, the belt appears to be the head of an ice eagle, with a large sea-green gem as its eye, it provides a measure of protection against magical attacks.

Calling: Druid/Ranger

Background:
    Elvgloth was born to the tenth noble House of Menzoberranzan, (known as House Do'ate). He was the son of Malice, the Do'Ate Matron Mother and her consort, Do'Ate weaponmaster (and sometime Patron) Zafien.

As the third son, drow culture demanded that Elvgloth be sacrificed to their goddess Lloth. However, the death of his older brother, and the first son, N'alfein, (incidentally, at the treacherous hand of the second son, Dinin) in the battle against House DeVir which raised House Do'Ate to the 9th ranked in the city during his birth, made him the second son and spared him.

Being a male in the matriarchal drow society, Elvgloth Do'Ate suffered considerable abuse at the hands of his family, particularly his eldest sister Briza, in the first sixteen years of his life. His first ten years were spent as a page prince in the care of his sister Vierna; though she was far from kind, in his later years Elvgloth would recall some affection for her, stemming from the fact they shared paternity through Zafien.

As a child, Elvgloth displayed amazing reflexes and coordination. Consequently, Zafien was able to persuade Malice that Elvgloth should become a warrior, instead of replacing Nalfein as the house wizard. Thus, at the age of sixteen, Elvgloth began his weapons training. He began learning the skills that would lead him to become one of the most formidable swordsmen in both the Underdark, and the Forgotten Realms.

At twenty years of age, he went to the Academy, specifically Melee-Magthere, Menzoberranzan's warrior academy, where he excelled in his studies despite his resistance to the attempted brainwashing by the masters of the academy. When it was clear that there were none in Elvgloth's class who could beat him, the masters of the academy matched him against students three year above him. Elvgloth defeated that class easily. His time at the academy would have been perfect (by Drow standards) except for the graduation ceremony, where he disgraced himself by refusing to take part in an orgy, refusing the advances of two high priestesses, one of them his sister, Vierna, and damning Lolth (the patron god of the Drow).

In a fit of rage Vierna ordered Elvgloth's execution at the hands of a drider. Elvgloth narrowly defeated the drider and fled for his life.

When He reached the surface Elvgloth discovered that he would not be excepted by many of the people of the surface world due to the vile nature of the drow race, so he wandered the land searching for acceptance.

He found acceptance with a druid named Malchorn. Malchorn taught him the ways of the forest and the creatures. Through Malchorn he was tollerated if not wholly liked in a small village in the forest of Gulthmere, and so finally Elvgloth knew a time of peace.

I mentioned Piwafwi in my description of my appearance, a Piwafwi is an dark woven magical cloak. When the hood is drawn over the head, the wearer becomes almost invisible to normal sight, akin to an invisibility spell, and infravision, thanks to the heat-shielding properties of the cloak. The drow use these cloaks to stay out of sight in the Underdark. They are fashioned from spider silk and other unknown fibres and it is common for the wearer's house symbol to be included on the cloak.

Edit: if the background is too detailed I can change/remove parts of it

Last edited by Deamonata on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding more information to the weapons)
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:44 am

Your character is perfect for this roleplay. I don't need to explain why, he just is. I'm thinking two more people, maybe one, because i'm starting to get anxious.
    Deamonata
    Possum
    Possum

Location : The best country of them all UK!!!! (and the north of it so even better)

Post by Deamonata Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:05 pm

I'm glad you aprove I've beeen fine tuning him over the last few days for my own RP which I posted a couple of days back, so I'm glad you like him ^_^
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:40 am

sounds good
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:55 am

I'd love to join- I usually love hitting my characters in the face with maces (without the cotton), both figuratively and Literally. I just have a few questions:

-What is the technology level?
    -What races are there?
    -What alignments must I be, or can I choose one?
    -Are there any powers allowed? If so, what are the limits, both numerically and strength-wise?
    -Where do we start?
    -How do we meet?
    -Who is the ultimate bad guy?

Thanks Smile

Last edited by Murdoch on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:40 pm

- medieval technology level
    - whatever races you want to include
    - good alignment preferrably, or chaotic neutral and i'll just have to find some incentive for you
    - Medium level powers/magic to start with, but the power level will definately go up as the rp progresses, so be sure to keep an Ace in the hole.

The detailed answers to your last three questions will be revealed in time if you decide to play, but i will try to vaguely give you an idea so you're not left completely in the dark. The starting setting and how you meet are dependent upon each other. I'm giving you the option as a group to decide who knows who prior to the rp. If you decide that none of you know each other, then that means i start you all off somewhere where you can meet easily. If you end up putting yourselves in two groups of two, then i'll probably start you off in two different settings until you meet up with each other later on. If say there's one group of 2, and then the other 2 don't know each other and don't know the group, then that gives me another different setting to work with.

As for the last question, i'll tell you this. The entire point of me inventing this RP was so that i could use the character who is going to be the ultimate baddy. I did//am/will be continuously working very hard on the character's personality and abilities until he finally comes into play. I hope very much that he will not disappoint.

Edit: Actually, for the powers, "be sure to keep an ace in the hole." you'd actually be better off keeping a FEW aces in the hole... things are gonna get REAL shaky later on.

Last edited by ThesolutionisBOOM on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding details)
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:47 am

Name: Fenris (Means "Great Wolf," derivation of "Fenrir," the Great Wolf of Ragnarok)
    Skin color: slightly dark, but otherwise Hispanic.
    Eye Color: A dull, metallic gold.
    Hair color: Dull, dirty blonde.
    Hair style: Swept back in strandy-spikes.
    Clothes: He wears a flexible leather plate mail, which overlaps into a deceptively strong layer of armour. It's also extremely light, meaning he can perform feats of agility that would, in normal plate mail, be almost impossible. He also wears a pair of tinted glasses, both to hide the colour of his eyes and to defend his heightened eyesight against the glare of the sun. His face is rather angular and squared, and he almost never smiles.

Personality: He could be considered "Lawful Nuetral": He sees a well-ordered system as being easy to exploit, and shows a combination of desirable and undesirable traits. While he obeys those he sees as in authority over him, and he always keeps his word, he cares nothing for the rights and freedoms of other individuals and is not averse to twisting the rules to work in his favour. He cares nothing for Good or Evil, or the rules of other societies; he follows his own code, and whether that code leads him to good or evil in that specific situation is something he doesn't think about. When making decisions, he first asks himself if it breaks his moral code, and then it turns into an argument between "Will I get caught?" and "How does this benefit me?" For instance, Fenris's moral code includes such rules as:

-Never harm a woman or child unless they have done something to deserve it.
    -Never betray your employer unless your employer gives you sufficient reason to (EG, their organisation pillages villages for no reason).
    -Never do anything unless it profits you directly.
    -Always keep your word unless given an extremely good reason not to.
    -If there are holes in the rules that you can exploit, do so. It's their fault for leaving loopholes.
    -Never get attached to anyone; it could be used against you later on.
    Etc etc...
    He is generally loyal and trustworthy, and will try his hardest to keep his word. He doesn't have a "heart of Gold," but is not what you would consider evil. He just doesn't exactly fall into the good category either. Other than that, find out Smile The most important thing to know is that he gives you his word, he will keep it unless you release him from it or you do something that he sees as contrary to his code.
    Species: Super Human

Powers: Well, he has super strength, super agility, super reflexes, heightened speed (not quite super like the flash, but he's faster than other humans)...basically, he's an enhanced human. His capabilities are almost double that of a normal human, including his healing factor. As a result of the Demons Blood that was infused with him, he has gained an amazing mental resistance against other races mental tampering; if a normal human has a simple wooden wall as a defence against intrusion, then Fenris's is a large steel-and-stone walled fortress, complete with defending garrison and siege weapons, situated on the top of a mountain. It is not only extremely hard to break into his mind, but he also knows that you're trying.
    These abilities were gained when he was captured and experimented on two years ago, when he was betrayed by an employer, using his attachment to a girl to draw him into a trap (hence #15 on the list; don't form attachments). His body was injected with a combination of pure magic and Demons Blood. He gained superhuman abilities- at the cost of the memories of his first 15 years of life- but with a side effect; if he overexerts himself, his powers and energy is completely drained for a good few hours, and he also receives an agonising headache and a massive fever, which could end up being life-threatening. He does have a serum recipe that staves this off, but the ingredients are rare and expensive. Conversely, the more he exerts himself and the more stress he puts his body under, the more his powers grow in strength; his abilities today are far more powerful than they were this time last year. However...the last time he overexerted himself, he almost killed himself, so he isn't planning on exerting himself any time soon.

Weapons: Having super strength, he can kill men with his hands easily, even being able to punch through flesh and bones and rip throats out of the body, but he doesn't exactly advertise this ability, in case he needs to take somebody by surprise. So, he wields a stylised sword that he designed and had forged for him as payment for getting rid of some bandits. It is more of a bladed quarterstaff than a sword, wieldable in one or two hands with quite large amounts of strength and dexterity. It's pommel is in the shape of a black wolfs head, the crossguards sprouting out from a double-headed snarling wolf- the mouths being where the crossguard starts- with sparkling rubies for eyes. The handhold itself is simple boiled black leather. The blade is a long, slender black blade- enchanted to always be sharp, never break and be extremely light and well balanced- and is about 5 feet long. The hilt is only slightly shorter at 4 feet, it being more of a polesword than a sword. He also has a small crossbow that holds three-bolt clips, allowing for limited rapid fire. The reloading mechanism is similar to other crossbows, with one exception; there is a winch attached to the drawstring, which effectively halves the reload time.

Other: He is a mercenary who travels from city to city, from village to village, taking jobs as and when he finds them. These could be anything from an assassination job to guarding a high profile target, from hunting down some bandits to rescuing a kitten from a tree. He doesn't scoff at any job- money's money- but the fee will depend on the job. For instance; he might charge five coppers for getting a kitten down- which is less than many people offer as a reward for finding the pet- and then turn around and charge 10 gold coins for hunting a group of bandits. It's all relative, and money is money. Five coppers can pay for a good loaf of bread, or the repairs to his unique armour! He also has a pitch black horse, named Shadow, a massive Charger which he took- and re-broke- when he found it in the stables of a bandit camp, the ex-owner presumably having fallen prey to the band. It took him a while, but he did manage to break the horse.

is that ok?
    Deamonata
    Possum
    Possum

Post by Deamonata Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:22 am

So if there are four characters now, when shall we start?

Also just so that it doesn't go unnoticed I'm going to mention that I made a few changes to my character, specifically the main change are with my weapons, I added a bit more information and changed them around a little.
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:31 am

We will start very soon, but the unfortunate drawback to having a life is that i currently have company at my house, so you're all going to have to idle for a couple of days unless i get a substantial amount of time during the night while everyone is asleep. If we're lucky (and i am feeling quite as such) then tonight after the gf falls asleep i'll type up our complex and lengthy beginning.

Unless any of you give me direct objections before tonight, i'm going to put jinx and echo together (obviously), and then pick unique starting locations for elvgloth and Fenris respectively.

And btw, Fenris fits. His abilities should prove useful to me when i get into plot twists and whatnot.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:45 pm

That should be fine, but can you message me about your plans for Fenris's beginning post beforehand? Obviously I get a little protective of what people want to do with him without my knowledge. I'm fine with most things if you warn me first, but suddenly taking control of characters makes me nervous...and I have my own idea about what I want Fenris to be doing, which fits with his character...so yeah. Just PM me with what you wanted him to be doing at the beginning, and I'll say yay or nay. Smile
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:16 pm

I am 99% nub on this site. I don't think i'm allowed to do PMs yet. Last time i tried it said i didn't have enough posts. But hell, i'll try, and who knows, maybe it'll work.
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Deamonata wrote:So if there are four characters now, when shall we start?

Also just so that it doesn't go unnoticed I'm going to mention that I made a few changes to my character, specifically the main change are with my weapons, I added a bit more information and changed them around a little.

Part of what made your character good for this roleplay was his weapons, but i also like the new weapons so don't feel obliged to change them back, it just means that some things may drag on a little bit longer than they would have originally.
    Myka Hart
    Myka Hart

Post by Myka Hart Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:04 pm

Is there still room for one more person?
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:46 am

sure, could always use one more. post up. And since i need your descrip first, i'll be going to bed now. goodnight, and thanks, you're a lifesaver.
    Myka Hart
    Myka Hart

Post by Myka Hart Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:27 am

Does this look alright?

Name: Velia Heavensby
    Race: Italian
    Sexuality: Straight
    Body: About 5”4’, petite.
    Hair Style: Depends on the day or situation. More likely, up in a ponytail for easy upkeep.
    Hair Color: Dark brown, with flecks of gold.
    Eyes: Grey to Faint Green
    Clothing: Green Scoop-Neck Tee Shirt, Stretchable Black Jeans, Lightweight leather boots, Light Black Jacket, and a small beat-up silver locket.
    Species: Unknown – Looks human.
    Powers: Fading (like a chameleon, I suppose), temporary hypnotism, and the ability to create something tangible she sees for herself by imagining it (the copy of whatever will usually be of the same quality, just having an odd whitish smoke about it).
    Personality: Overall, Velia is a neutral person. She doesn’t show much emotion, other than to let a trace of a smile play on her lips every now and then, or if something extraordinary happens. When it comes to other people, she doesn’t easily trust someone wholeheartedly, as she has learned to filter her friends from past experiences. If, however, you manage to become a friend of hers, she is loyal to the end. Her view on love, is to not fall at all. Love, or relationships of that nature in general, are too much of a liability, and it’s easier if she needs to suddenly pack up and leave if there is no one especially special she had been leaving behind. Her morals are straight, and she thinks hard about any situation in which she thinks her generally clean record might be in jeopardy. Of course, if there is no risk of her getting in trouble, she won’t mind doing someone’s dirty business for a fee.
    Other: Her forte is hand-to-hand combat. She doesn’t enjoy weapons because they make her feel unbalanced, but she can certainly handle one if need be. Since she
    Background: No one really knows who she is, including herself. The only reason she knows her name is because, after waking up one morning, she found a piece of paper with her picture on it, and a name, that she can only assume is hers. She doesn’t remember anything beyond five years ago.
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Alright, i was given some advice by murdoch on how these things are usually started, so i'm gonna ask if anyone wants to volunteer, because i need to control the starting location of at least one character.
    Myka Hart
    Myka Hart

Post by Myka Hart Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Volunteer to be the one controlled by you?
    I'm down Smile
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:41 pm

Hey, it was just advice; you don't needta follow it. But, since we were on the same wavelength as to where my character begins, you can control his opening if you want Smile
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:07 pm

(((((((Alright, i think we're ready to start, so here it goes...)))))))
    They call it the Herussus Mountain Range, and it cuts across Cendor like a great wall, separating the wild lands of the north-east peninsula from the realm of men and partial-breeds that covers the vast majority of the humble continent. Cendor is the name of the northeast island, of the two islands of Cendor, and it was once the land of giants. It is well known now though that there have been no pure bred giants seen alive since the end of the Dragon Empire. The only government-sanctioned settlement on Cendor is the city of Grenidon, a massive city that was once the capital home of the half-giant breeds, but is now run (as most modern cities are) by a small council of representatives for each majority race inhabiting the city: Humans, Elves, and Dwarves, but primarily those descendent of the noble giants of old. All inhabitants of the city are at least moderately wealthy, or belong to a moderately wealthy family, as the housing in Grenidon was all originally built for half-giants, and even the smallest of homes are exceptionally large; anyone who loses their wealth while in Grenidon would be wise to leave immediately, as even handouts from the primarily generous and wealthy population of Grenidon would not be enough to make a living in the city. The wealth of Grenidon though, and its close proximity to a fully-populated criminal settlement, makes it a prime target for adventurers looking for a little extra coin.
    The only other settlements on the islands are the small, nameless seaport town across the deserts of Kendelin (Kendelin being the ancient gold dragon for which the larger island of Cendor was named) just across a small span of ocean to the southwest, and the pirate city Sheldon across the Herussus Mountains to the northeast.
    Two weeks ago, Fenris was contacted by one of the government officials of Grenidon, and was told of a bandit settlement inside of the Herussus mountains. The officials of Grenidon offered to pay VERY handsomely to have this threat to the city purged, and so Fenris prepared himself and set off for the mountain caves.
    Fenris spent an entire day searching the caves thoroughly, without finding anything. The caves twist and turn and rise and fall like a labyrinth designed by devils to drive their victims insane. It's like going through a city you've never been to before, that stretches on for endless miles, while all the buildings look exactly the same and have no doors or windows.
    The morning of the second day, Fenris turned a corner, and stopped suddenly as he saw another face blinking at him. Velia Heavensby looked back at Fenris, and before either of them had the chance to utter a syllable to the other, the floor beneath them collapsed, and they found themselves falling a great distance, into a pool below. Velia fell into the deep waters of the pool and fell unconscious. Fenris was not so lucky, and while he too began to fall unconscious on impact with the water, he fell into the shallower end of the pool and his arm struck the stones hard, bringing him back to consciousness in a groggy, painful daze.
    (((Fenris or Velia, either can go first, and i'll go third. Anyone can follow and start anywhere you like, and i suppose i'll have to respond to each of you individually until we all come together somewhere at last. Ah, the responsibilities of a dungeon master... have fun!)))
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Fenris doesn't even have time to blink; one moment he's staring at a face that appeared where no face should ever be, besides maybe the scarred and pug nosed face of a bandit, the next he's plummeting into a massive open space that he could swear wasn't there a moment ago. Normally, people panic in this situation, and start flailing about and injure themselves either on the rocks around them, or a particularly bad landing. He once panicked in a situation similar to this...it didn't end well. Hence Rule #24: Don't panic.
    As far as he is aware, the girl that he just ran into is falling as well- so the likelihood is that she got caught in this trap as well; she was too surprised at seeing him for it to be her work...of course, it could be surprise that he got there that quickly, or surprise at seeing him so close, or she could be a really good actor- but he has no time to think about that.

He probably hasn't got much time left; looking down, he estimates that whatever is beneath them- he hopes it's water; you can at least do something to decrease the effects of falling onto water. Rock? Not so much- is approaching fast, possibly being a few seconds away. With superhuman speed, he quickly reshapes himself into a diving position, pointed at the water, and takes a deep breath.
    The water crashes into him like a brick, or a hammer- or a hammer wrapped in brick- and throws off his balance massively. The position probably saved him a serious injury, but the height he fell from was enough to destroy his positioning. His breath is knocked out of him and his head smashes into something- it seems he hit the 'shallow' end (or, at least, a very shallow deep end), which is just his luck- and his mind swims foggily, losing focus. He struggles to stay conscious- even a few moments unconscious in these conditions could mean death, especially with the fact that he may have a concussion- without much success, causing him to spiral off to the side. His arm catches something and twists painfully; lucky, as the sharp stab of pain and the dull throb wake him up considerably. He shakes his head and pushes himself up towards the surface, desperate for breath; even his superhuman lungs need air.

He breaks the surface with a gasp, and kicks himself towards what looks to be a shore of some kind. The water is shallow, but he trusts swimming more; it's too easy to step into a hidden crevice and twist or break a leg. Reaching the shore, he pulls himself up with the non-injured arm, dragging his drenched body with him. It's times like these that he is thankful that his armour is so light. A heavier armour would have made getting to shore more difficult than it already was.
    He splutters out some water, has a brief coughing spell, then breaths in and out rapidly on his hands and knees on the rock. The pain is a dull throb, so it's likely that it's nothing more than a graze, but still; he should check. It's better safe than sorry. Bringing his arm up, he loosens the vambrace a little and pulls it partway off. To his relief, it doesn't look like anything's broken or twisted into the wrong position; he prods it to make sure, and although there is a stab of uncomfortable pain, it's nothing that warrants an audible noise, which it would have if it was sprained or broken. Thank God for his armour, then.

He shakes his head, and checks himself. His weapon is still secured in its sheath- he only uses it for public fights, and down here the only people likely to see him fight are the bandits, and they would be dead (if he could find them), so he sees no reason to use it in the tight confines of the cave. Of course, he brought it along just in case. Rule #15: Be prepared for anything. Of course, he wasn't prepared for this specifically, but he was prepared for a trap of some kind, and definitely an injury. It's with this thought that he reaches down to his belt and unbuckles a small, sealed pouch. He reaches in, draws out a tiny pinch of black powder and sprinkles it on his arm. Although only a graze, any injury could be the difference between life and death down here.
    The powder hits the arm, and Fenris quickly spreads it a little with his finger before refastening the vambrace. You may ask how the powder survived the fall. Well, rule #3: Pockets are your friend. And Fenris, in accordance to rule #15, had them enchanted to be fire, water, pressure and blade resistant, against those pesky things like rain, rivers, cutpurses and the odd dragon.

He cracks his neck a little and stands up, looking around. It's almost pitch black, but his brilliant golden eyes- being as sensitive as they are- can see most, if not all, of the details. He isn't wearing his glasses- they're in a similar pouch to the powder- since he's underground with little light, so he just has to look around. He's in a small cavern- the lake behind him, stretching off until it hits a rock wall opposite to the shore he's standing on- and the lake has no current that he can see on the surface. Of course, that doesn't mean there isn't one: Rule #20. Things aren't always what they seem.

Looking up, he can see the hole that he dropped through, only a short distance away. Although that doesn't help him much, as he cannot see a way to get back up there. If he had wings, possibly, but unfortunately he forgot to equip wings at the start of the turn. he turns around, and catches sight of something slightly darker than the rest of the room; a door, or a cavern mouth of some kind? That looks to be the only way out, so it must be the way he has to go. That, or stay here.

Of course, there is the matter of the girl that fell with him. Oh, maybe he should have considered her earlier, but he had himself to look after first, and he is more important to himself than a random stranger. He looks around, and spots her, bobbing face down in the water, visibly unconscious. He sighs; he can't leave her there. Yes, she may be responsible for the trap, but he can't know that for sure; she could just be another victim, although what she would be doing down here is a mystery. Still. Rule #36: Never harm, or allow harm to come to, a Woman or Child unless you are certain that they deserve it, or you cannot do anything about it that has less than a 40% success rate. But he can easily fish her out, and then he can obey Rule #50: Obtain whatever information you can from everyone you meet in strange situations. It could save your life.
    Two very specific rules, but at that point he had started to put qualifiers in, just in case. And he certainly thinks that meeting her in the labyrinthine tunnels beneath the mountain and then having the floor removed on them is certainly strange.

A splash, followed by lots of little splashes, then a bump as he hauls her out, signals her retrieval to shore. He looks her over quickly, and decides that she isn't hurt that badly. Maybe a few scratches, but still. He clenches his hands into a single hammerfist and beats on her chest a couple of times; she isn't breathing, but that could just be because of water in her lungs. Nothing happens. He waits for a few moments, then tries again. Nothing. He sighs. Look's like he's going to have to...oh great. If she wakes up while he's doing it, it will simply demonstrate once again how the laws of probability are willing to slink off into a back alley and service drama whenever Drama demands it.
    Well, here goes. Pinching her nose at the bridge, he leans down slowly- almost hesitantly- to attempt to force some Oxygen into her lungs.

Hope that's ok. Smile
    And yes, I will do posts like this from time to time. Let me know if they get too god-moddy. Smile
    Also, the rules I will be mentioning are actually written down. Who thinks I should post a full list of his rules, or do you think I should reveal them as they become relevant?
    Deamonata
    Possum
    Possum

Post by Deamonata Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:48 am

ooc: what sort of thing do you want me doing I have an idea on what could be doing, in that I could be going for the bandits for my own reasons, which I can explain in my post, but I'm just checking that is ok and you don't have any plans that it would mess up, I can easily write something else.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:43 pm