Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Deamonata
Zalgo the Imminent
Mercy
ThesolutionisBOOM
8 posters

party of four, demon action [Help A Noob Out]

ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Read Me party of four, demon action [Help A Noob Out]

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Alright, so i haven't gotten way too much help starting on this board, so i figured i'll just jump straight into it. I've done things like this before... that... one time... but hey come on, how difficult can it be right?

So i'm looking for an adventuring party for this one, 3 or 4 people would be awesome. I intend to basically just work background, set up scenarios and whatnot, and basically work the Dungeon Master role.

It's going to start out a little fluffy, but not too soft, sort of like a mace wrapped in 6 inches of cotton, and then once we get the ball rolling, i'm gonna take that mace, light the cotton on fire, and hit you in the face with it repeatedly until it all burns off.

The Roleplay is primarily action, but there will be chances for plenty of cottony fluffy wooly goodness in between, and for a while it can probably be related to fighting in an Arena. First you're in the barracks, nervous, tense, not quite able to relax. Then you go out and fight like a crazy arse, and only when you're done do you get to come back and REALLY chill. Then you go out and fight again, and come back and relax again, and we'll just repeat that for a while, until i decide to break out the big guns. Sound good?

Three phrases can thoroughly describe my intentions for this roleplay: Powerful demons, Ultimate evil, True apocolypse.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Read Me Re: party of four, demon action [Help A Noob Out]

Post by Murdoch Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:20 am

ooc: Mercy, out of curiosity...am I in an RP with you on AB? Just wondering...

Ic:

Fenris stares down at the girls for a moment. That 'Dare threaten a...' that she managed to get out certainly suggests that she is far more than an innocent child. She isn't telling them something, and that bothers him, but short of psychological warfare- despite popular belief, torture doesn't work; it's for sadists and thugs and all it gets you is the quickest lie that will make the pain stop- he can tell that he isn't getting anything from this girl. Maybe the second one, the more compromising one, would be an easier target than this proud fool in front of him should it get to that stage, but despite what they are, they still look like children, and that doesn't sit right with him.
    "That's where you and I differ in opinions, girl," he says quietly, regarding her coldly for a few more moments before turning around. "Let me make it clear," he says over his shoulder as he makes his way to the steps, "If I find out that you girls have been keeping something from me that could lead to me being harmed, you will wish that you'd never met me," despite their power level, whether it be over nine thousand or not, he has ways of making them hurt. Fights aren't always decided by raw strength alone...something that he doubts these girls appreciate.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:33 pm

ooc - no sir

bic -

I quiet down and Echo nods for the both of us.

"Proceed." I say between clamped teeth.

ooc - sorry, that's all i could come up with right now, kind of rushing between packing and getting dressed
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:59 pm

ooc: No worries Smile
    And ok...it's just, I'm RPing with someone who is called "Ever Echo".

Ic:

Fenris snorts. As if the girl was actually in charge of whether he proceeded or not! He was going to do so no matter what happened...he just wanted more information before he rushed in. No matter. He will deal with her at a later date, if it turns out to be necessary. He always pays his debts.
    "Come on then, if you are coming...." he mutters to everyone in general, before descending the steps.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Echo and I walk down the steps, without a sound, and follow him down.

The familiar smells of wax, the humming of the magic in the walls... I felt powerful here, the vibrations in the air made me smile, a toothy, dark smile. Echo and I smiled at each other, feeling the jitters right through to the bones.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:04 am

ooc: I'm just waiting for Boom...I'm not sure what she wants us to find down there. XD
    Myka Hart
    Myka Hart

Post by Myka Hart Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:56 pm

Ooc: Ha, I fail at keeping up with this. Sorry!

She looks down the stairwell as the three strangers walk into it, and she can't help but feel a little worried at the outcome, but there is no other way out of here. Velia takes a breath, and follows the three of them without a word.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:31 am

Juuuust waiting for Boom...
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am

ooc: Boom told me to tell you all he doesn't have Internet, so he won't be posting for a while. We're in Geometry class together, so we see each other a lot. He also said just be patient, he'll be back eventually.
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:49 pm

OOC: I find it funny that it took Zalgo here (sad your name isn't actually Zalgo right now btw) until today to post that, because it just so happens that RIGHT ABOUT the time he posted, i was in the middle of buying a new wireless adapter. I'm very sorry about the previous inconvenience, and i'll be getting back on this thread starting ASAP, with the hope that my absence hasn't gotten you all bored with it.
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Ooc: Alright, it took me a while, but i'm Caught up now. And thanks Mercy btw, for filling in gaps while i was gone and putting a little history into the place. I can work pretty well with what you've provided in my absence. Alright, here we go.

As previously mentioned, the staircase is long and steep. The narrow hall around it somehow provokes a calm silent feeling, urging the party to walk with conviction, almost losing awareness of the others who walk with them. While to one member of the party it may seem like a very brief walk to the bottom, it may seem to another to take hours (though the calmness prevents them from being bothered by the length of the walk) and provides a long time to consider many things, both relevant and not. The Chaos children are not affected by the time bending magic of these halls, but they would feel very at home as they continued deeper... that is, until they near the bottom. As soon as they are close enough to touch the torchlight that blooms in through the doorway at the bottom of the steps, a feeling washes over the whole party, which brings them out of the trance inspired by the magic of the walls. The Chaos children know that while it seems to be cruel, vicious, and even in some ways evil, it is not a power of darkness, and in fact leans more toward the light. Velia and Fenris can feel it as well, though to them it is much less familiar, and much much less specific. To Velia and Fenris, it is more a feeling of dread, which to them could very well be associated with darkness. The one thing that may or may not make it clear to them that energy does not belong to darkness, is that rather than putting a chill up their spine... there is a slight, familiar tingle in their skin, and a warmth within them, which may (depending on the character's disposition and mindset) either add or detract from the feeling of dread.

(Allow the above to sink in, construct your response, then read the description of the room below and continue your response.)

Stepping into the flickering light of the room, something strange occurs. There is of course, at the center of the back wall of the room, an ominous glowing object, substance, or being maybe? But you're not entirely sure, and that simply results from the fact that before your mind allows you to focus on it, it first takes in every major detail from the rest of the room.

The first thing to see, is that the left and the right walls have been blown apart and caved in. On the other side of the remaining uncovered gaps is only earth, and each hole is covered in rubble. The rubble from each hole is made of polished marble, but one pile is black, and the other is white, with each pile filled with what appear to be focus crystals that have been split neatly down the middle (a trained mage would know that each half is reusable, but that whatever magic was in them before was destroyed when they were broken). In the middle of the room is a wooden table, and on top of it rests a metronome with a black iron base, and a brass hammer. When the metronome was stopped, it was stopped so that the hammer balanced perfectly upright in the middle.

Once each member has completely taken in all of the above listed major details, their focus shifts to the source of the ominous torchlight. The strange figure across the room, that supernatural source of feelings of dread, torture, anguish, light. Sitting on the far wall, perfectly centered, with a bloodstained banner to either side carrying the rune of fire, is a bright orange portal, wreathed in brimstone.

Though the lore in this world is different than that on earth, each world has lore describing a world full of fire and pain, a world that we call hell. Each world also describes how demons of all planes and walks of life (and death) gather in this world to celebrate in their combined love of pain and hatred. Beyond that, each world also speaks of a king of demons, sitting atop the throne in the 8th layer of the city of the damned, but while we call him Satan, here he is called Ra'hil, and while we call it religion, here it is called History. There is no doubt in anyone's mind that Ra'hil once served in the plane of light, going by a different name that has long since been lost. There is no doubt that he was cast out and swore vengeance. There is also no doubt that he once walked the earth and nearly accomplished his goal, and as a result, the lords of every elemental plane combined their energies to keep Ra'hil in the plane of fire, where he now rules eternal, the king of demons. But while Ra'hil can never leave the demon world, there are others who can.

A trained mage would know that permanent interplanar portals can only be built in places of great power, and can only be made from the human side of the portal. It is clear that a cult of demon worshippers came here and opened the portal as an exit for any demon strong enough to overpower the guardian of hell, a feat that according to legend is impossible. It is of course possible for a human to pull a demon out of hell and bypass the guardian, but no demon wishes to exit through these means, as he is then bound to that humans will until he is released (and there is no guarantee that he will ever be relesed, in which case he will even be forced to protect the human's spirit after death).

Ooc: Alright, sorry about the long post, just trying to make up for my absence with a little lore and explanation. Ff there are any inconsistencies or confusion just let me know and i'll edit them out.

Edit: Also, in case it suggested otherwise to you, i am not trying to make the plane of light the equivilant of "heaven." In this world, the plane of light is just another elemental plane, and it just made most sense if I'm going to match the Ra'hil story up with the Satan story that he should come from the plane of light.

Last edited by ThesolutionisBOOM on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding information)
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:52 pm

As Fenris descends the steps, his mind begins to fuzz slightly, and a straight train of thought soon becomes all but impossible. Concentrating on any one thought or idea for longer than a second results in it dissipating like smoke in a grasping hand, wafting away mockingly into empty space. Despite this, however, Fenris is intent on the task. He knows from experience that although the sensation can be unnerving, frustrating and sometimes painful, the worst you can do is surrender to it. The more you fight, the more likely you'll notice something important before it's too late. You may only get a split second extra in which to react, but for some people- especially him- that is enough.
    Despite his somewhat superhuman concentration and his self control, he knows that he isn't strong enough to combat the aura of these dark, tight walls. The very rock itself seems to want to press in around them, constricting their thoughts and restricting their very wills. He doesn't know how the others are feeling, but he doesn't much care; that thought is torn away from him as soon as he thinks it as well, and he feels a slight spike of irritation...which is a relief, actually, as it displays that he has at least enough free will and self awareness left to feel emotions and recognise them. As long as he can hold onto that, he'll count it as a victory.

Pretty soon- or after a while; there must be some timebending effect, because it isn't often that he loses track of the flow of time- they reach the bottom of the staircase, and a massive wave of...something washes over them. He isn't sure how to describe it; it's like a momentary feeling of relief and the release of an ominous, oppressive pressure on their minds, like a tight grip has just been released, but then almost as soon as the feeling has occurred a new distinct feeling crashes into him. It's a feeling of dread and forebodance, as if the room before him is a palpable being, intent on striking him down with terror. He ruthlessly contains it, though, exerting his regained ability to think clearly to squash it into a corner where it can't bother him. Fear is acceptable, even necessary, but overwhelming terror isn't.
    That feeling of dread reduced but still present, he becomes aware of a new sensation, like a slightly reassuring presence, or a familiar hand on his shoulder, making him feel a little better. He has no clue what it is, but he can guess; that portal on the other side of the room? That's almost certainly a doorway to another dimension, and a damned powerful one at that to exude such massive emotional waves. He doesn't know where it leads...and he isn't in a mind to find out. Rule 90: Don’t go through any kind of energy or stone gateway to an unknown and possibly- probably- dangerous location if you can possibly avoid it, especially if said gateway is in the middle of some ominous surroundings, be it an abandoned mansion, a ruined castle, a creepy cave or a graveyard. And this chamber certainly counts as ominous. The blasted sides and the stopped metronome scream "ancient battleground" and "Do not disturb if you value your life". He takes a step forwards slowly. He doesn't know what to say, except maybe the obvious:
    "Where does that go?" The question isn't aimed into thin air, of course; he looks at the two girls sharply and coldly as he asks it. They didn't want to come down here. They must have know what was down here...and now they can bloody well tell him. He reaches up and draws his weapon, glancing at the portal. It's for appearances, though; anything that comes through that portal will likely need all of his powers to fight just to survive...and a blade isn't as effective as his bare hands. Not against inter-planar creatures.

ooc:

That's ok, Boom Very Happy I like long posts. Gives me something to sink my teeth into. Also, is it possible to ontroduce our own lores in as the story progresses? Just asking, on account of it being such a massively open-ended RP and all Very Happy
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:30 pm

Ooc: It is rather open ended, and as you saw with Mercy posting about the history of the place, i can usually work with anything you throw at me. I was cautious about it before, but we've gotten far enough in at this point that i don't see how any of you could possibly throw me too much of a curve-ball, so i guess you can go for it.
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:30 pm

ooc: i feel my temporary absence betrayed me, and i have no been abandoned.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:11 am

Just start badgering people. They obviously forgot about it; just PM them about it.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:02 am

ooc i havent been on lately, sorry

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:23 pm