Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Deamonata
Zalgo the Imminent
Mercy
ThesolutionisBOOM
8 posters

party of four, demon action [Help A Noob Out]

ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Read Me party of four, demon action [Help A Noob Out]

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Alright, so i haven't gotten way too much help starting on this board, so i figured i'll just jump straight into it. I've done things like this before... that... one time... but hey come on, how difficult can it be right?

So i'm looking for an adventuring party for this one, 3 or 4 people would be awesome. I intend to basically just work background, set up scenarios and whatnot, and basically work the Dungeon Master role.

It's going to start out a little fluffy, but not too soft, sort of like a mace wrapped in 6 inches of cotton, and then once we get the ball rolling, i'm gonna take that mace, light the cotton on fire, and hit you in the face with it repeatedly until it all burns off.

The Roleplay is primarily action, but there will be chances for plenty of cottony fluffy wooly goodness in between, and for a while it can probably be related to fighting in an Arena. First you're in the barracks, nervous, tense, not quite able to relax. Then you go out and fight like a crazy arse, and only when you're done do you get to come back and REALLY chill. Then you go out and fight again, and come back and relax again, and we'll just repeat that for a while, until i decide to break out the big guns. Sound good?

Three phrases can thoroughly describe my intentions for this roleplay: Powerful demons, Ultimate evil, True apocolypse.
    Myka Hart
    Myka Hart

Read Me Re: party of four, demon action [Help A Noob Out]

Post by Myka Hart Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:55 am

Well, I'm still here, but I'm not sure how to insert myself into the situation effectively at the moment... Neutral
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:54 pm

yeah, i'm sorry about the slow start guys, once you get moving i'm sure it'll pick up.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:32 pm

okie doke. Smile
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:42 pm

[[ I responded]]
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:55 am

We know. We're waiting for the others. Smile
    Myka Hart
    Myka Hart

Post by Myka Hart Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Who all are we waiting for?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:16 am

Well, it was technically my turn to post, but I was waiting for the others...
    Myka Hart
    Myka Hart

Post by Myka Hart Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:10 am

Ah, I see.
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:00 pm

i think you guys should just keep going, otherwise the thread's gonna get too dusty to do anything with and this'll become a wasted opening.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:42 pm

Fenris' eyes flicker down to the outsretched hand, as if inviting him to walk forwards the small gap and take her hand. After the evident threat she made? After the refusal to discuss where they came from? Until he knows who and what they are, he is not touching them unless he has to. It could be a ploy to get him closer, or initiate some kind of touch-based ability. Unlikely, true, but in the current situation, not unwarranted. He is underground, in a forgotten and unmapped chamber with three strangers who may or may not want to kill him, and there is a band of bandits around here somewhere. Rule #32: Always suspect a trap. That way, you're either prepared or pleasantly surprised.

So he walks forwards, but instead of taking her hand, he walks straight past her. He ignores her name as well, for the moment, but he does file it away. Jinx...if that's any indication of anything, he will have to keep an eye on her. "Busy," he replies absently, searching the walls. He can't remember seeing any other way out in the cavern they just came from, and this seems to be the only way out. The tunnel stretches off for a long time, straight and narrow as far as Fenris can see, with no visible branches that he can see.

"We should hurry up. I, for one, don't want to be stuck here for the rest of my life." He says flatly, starting off down the tunnel.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:38 pm

yonk.
    Myka Hart
    Myka Hart

Post by Myka Hart Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:10 am

GAH. Sorry D:

The man starts moving, and Velia is torn between following him, or continuing down the tunnel that they were already exploring. She looks to the man, looks to the darkness that stretches before her, and then back at the man. With a split second decision, she walks past the girls and follows the man at a distance. Who knows what's down that tunnel, and she's not going to be the guinea pig to find out. If she goes down that way, it will be with at least one other person.
    Her eyes stay on the girls for a moment, and then look back into the cave that contained the pool she had fallen into. "I don't see anything else in here, so why don't we just go down the tunnel? If it's nothing, then we come back. If we're trapped... that sucks." She shrugs, looking up at the hole in the roof. There has to be a way out somewhere.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:12 am

ooc: Sorry to be picky, but Fenris is already heading off down the tunnel, lol...
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:08 pm

ooc: So is slot 4 open now? lol
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:49 pm

OOC: I suppose it is, and i'm wondering where our third is. Are our demon twins still here?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:42 am

Mercy was the demon twins....next time you see her, pester her! Send messages, go onto chat....XD
    Myka Hart
    Myka Hart

Post by Myka Hart Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:16 am

ooc: Oh my gode I'm confused. I thought you were going back into the cavern to look for another way out...
    Sorry D:
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:32 am

No, he just continued down the provided tunnel. Smile
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:33 pm

Fenris watches the girl head back into the cavern and raises an eyebrow for a moment, before turning and heading back into the tunnel. "Go that way if you wish, girl," he says, "but I doubt there is another way out."
    He walks down the tunnel a short way, looking around for any signs of an exit or a way up to the tunnels above. He's memorised the maps for the newer tunnels, but this particular one wasn't on any of the maps he could procure. That is worrying; whatever made these tunnels was old, and very strong- presumably- so Fenris can only hope that it's dead. He can't afford to tire himself out by killing some ancient horror before he finds the bandits, his actual targets, now can he?
    The tunnel walls are roughly hewn and jagged, and the tunnel itself goes on for as long as Fenris can see. He gives an inward sigh; it looks like it might be a long walk.
    Myka Hart
    Myka Hart

Post by Myka Hart Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:12 am

Velia looks back into the cavern, and then back at the man. Stay in the cavern, or follow the stranger? She contemplates her options, and then decides being in a group is better than being alone. She usually works alone, but this is a special situation. She takes a rushed couple of steps and ends up just behind the man, leaving the two girls behind. "The plan is just to walk this tunnel and hope it leads out, yes?" Yes. Of course. There's really nothing else any of them can do anyway.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:57 am

"For the moment, yes," he says simply as the girl falls into step beside him. He doesn't really care whether or not the girl comes along with him, and doesn't much care what happens to her. Oh, he'll get her out- it doesn't benefit him to leave her here from what he's seen, and it's against his code to leave her in possible danger without cause- but beyond that...meh. Besides, she has to have some kind of experience fighting something to be braving these mountains; they are a well known bandit hideout, and if you go bandit hunting, the problem is not finding them, it's finding the right ones. He does wonder what she was doing here, but that is not his concern, and asking would suggest that he is willing to answer questions, which although the answer is not harmful to him in any way that he can see, it could lead onto bigger questions. So he keeps his mouth shut, walking in silence as he studies the walls for a way out.
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:30 am

OOC: putting the demon twins on autopilot for now. We'll just say they're following.

The tunnel goes for such a way that even Fenris' heightened vision can't see the end. It doesn't bend or curve, just extends onward, straight into darkness. Whenever it is that they finally reach the end, the tunnel opens up into a room which, unlike the other cavern, has distinct signs of intelligent design. The craft of the walls isn't necessarily inherent to any specific well known race, but the floor is comprised of stone blocks that have been sanded smooth and flat, while the walls and ceiling all seem to have been carefully carved out to make a perfectly rectangular room all within a single rock. The walls are polished to be smooth as marble, and on the far end of the room is a cavernous opening that does not at all look like it belongs there. a wide oval doorway that almost resembles a mouth seems to have been melted out of the wall. through the doorway is a staircase descending deeper below the mountains, lit by a strange red stone that chases the walls in lightening bolt pattern.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:25 am

They walk in near silence for most of the way, save for a couple of comments here or there, and Fenris is just beginning to think that this tunnel must have an end soon when he sees it; a glimmer of light up ahead, only just bright enough to be seen by his improved senses, and so nearly invisible to the girl beside him. As they draw closer, however, the light becomes brighter and brighter, and Fenris can see a cavern beyond the opening in the tunnel, and not one that he recognises from the maps.
    As they enter the room, Fenris suddenly has a very bad feeling. He had an inkling of it in the tunnel and in the cavern, but this solidifies it; something is not right here. This was obviously made by an intelligent race, or the laws of cave formation have been altered radically since he last checked. Rules 15 and 16....not good.
    For instance, if the race that built this was gone, then it should be dark and in ruins. It isn't. It's well lit and polished to shine...he has a bad feeling about this.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Terribly sorry my fellow mates... Sad I kind of had some family drama... ran away from home for a week... and the whole kit and kaboodle.... eh, now... where are we?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:48 pm

He ignores my somewhat friendly gesture and the girl stares blankly at me for a moment, then Echo, and inches past me. I growl quietly, mumbling, I wasn't going to be left alone... They seemed to have low aura about them, something to keep under the radar.

Echo prances forward a bit, and I shake my head quietly, keeping a sharp eye out for any moving shadows. Or just hunters in general. The last thing i needed was them to trace my portal and refind us... I grumbled, pushing a lock of hair behind my ear, watching Echo out of the corner of my eye; She was nervous, her fingers tapping at her side, her eyes glimmering off the streaks of light they darted this way and that.

I pull my necklace out, the aura around it had changed from a dim white to a bright gold and I fiddle with it as we shuffled down the tunnel.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:48 am