Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Deamonata
Zalgo the Imminent
Mercy
ThesolutionisBOOM
8 posters

party of four, demon action [Help A Noob Out]

ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Read Me party of four, demon action [Help A Noob Out]

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Alright, so i haven't gotten way too much help starting on this board, so i figured i'll just jump straight into it. I've done things like this before... that... one time... but hey come on, how difficult can it be right?

So i'm looking for an adventuring party for this one, 3 or 4 people would be awesome. I intend to basically just work background, set up scenarios and whatnot, and basically work the Dungeon Master role.

It's going to start out a little fluffy, but not too soft, sort of like a mace wrapped in 6 inches of cotton, and then once we get the ball rolling, i'm gonna take that mace, light the cotton on fire, and hit you in the face with it repeatedly until it all burns off.

The Roleplay is primarily action, but there will be chances for plenty of cottony fluffy wooly goodness in between, and for a while it can probably be related to fighting in an Arena. First you're in the barracks, nervous, tense, not quite able to relax. Then you go out and fight like a crazy arse, and only when you're done do you get to come back and REALLY chill. Then you go out and fight again, and come back and relax again, and we'll just repeat that for a while, until i decide to break out the big guns. Sound good?

Three phrases can thoroughly describe my intentions for this roleplay: Powerful demons, Ultimate evil, True apocolypse.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Read Me Re: party of four, demon action [Help A Noob Out]

Post by Murdoch Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:33 pm

Ooc: Jesus, are you ok? Do you want to talk about it?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:44 pm

ooc - yeah I'm peachy
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:32 pm

ooc: Ok, only if you're sure...it doesn't sound like everything's peachy, though...
    But I'll wait another day or so for Myka. Doesn't seem fair to go off and leave her, lol.

Also, I have a new blog. Check it out Smile I don't want this one to die! And please post a comment if you have anything at all to say, even if it's calling me a moron. Smile
    Myka Hart
    Myka Hart

Post by Myka Hart Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:34 am

Ooc: Sorry for being out so long... New job. Are you alright, Mercy?

After a long walk in silence, Velia starts to have thoughts about going back. What could lie ahead for her anyway? She is just on the edge of sneaking off back to the main cavern, when a very dim light catches her eye. She steals a quick glance at the man, who seems to have already seen the light, and the two girls behind her, who don't seem to have noticed anything odd just yet.
    The light grows brighter as they draw nearer, and she finally gets a look at the room that the light came from. As they enter, she starts to feel goosebumps raising on her arms. This is unlike anything she has ever seen in her years of exploration, and a whole lot more ominous. While keeping her eyes on the walls and her surroundings, she finds just enough voice to ask a question to the group. "Does anyone else know just where we are?" The question echoed very softly off of the wall in front of her before disappearing into the space of the tunnel behind them.
    Allen
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:44 pm

I love it when newbies make something so... General... My mind just wheels in possible directions.. Especially when demons used in the speel...

Vampiric unlife, seductive fiends, elusive wraiths... Ugh, I'm weird.

Thanks for making it "Andre". The possible "Soul Reaver" archetypes make me feel like a geek though.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:54 pm

Fenris gives the girl a look that, on anyone else, would have been one of mixed exasperation and appraisal, but on him is solely a flat stare. They enter a strange cavern of unknown design with a mysterious staircase on the opposite side, and she asks if anyone else is here? He feels...respect, mixed with a little annoyance. He already said that this wasn't on any maps, so why would anyone know they were there? And if they did, how would Fenris know? However, it is a relevant question, and one that holds more water than the girl probably knows. Questions such as "What is this place" and "where does that staircase go" might be more stereotypical and relevant, but also more useless; they are pointless questions that the people with her would not be able to answer on account of shared ignorance. So the fact that she asked something that can be answered is commendable.

"No, I would imagine not," Fenris says, stepping forwards into the chamber slowly, "These tunnels were not mentioned in any map I surveyed before I left. They know I am in the mountain, but they probably do not know my specific location. Did you tell anyone where you would be before you left?"
    Myka Hart
    Myka Hart

Post by Myka Hart Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:22 am

"No. Not unless someone followed me, that is." Velia continues to look around the room until she is sure of the fact that she doesn't recognize anything about this architecture. She turns to the man and simply watches him as he takes his time examining the room. "Unless we turn around and go back the way we came, I think we're going to have to go through there." She makes a vague gesture to the open tunnel on the other side of the room. "I don't know about you," She starts off towards the tunnel, "but I don't really want to be in this room anymore."
    She walks over to the opening of the man-made tunnel and peers in. Nothing to see, but why not risk a little? The worst that could happen is she dies.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:58 am

He watches the girl walk across the room towards the stairs opposite them. He raises an eyebrow; he was considering allowing her to go first, to see if there were any traps or creatures or something that he should know about, and apparently there aren't. Of course, he won't say that there aren't; that just tempts fate. All he will say is that there are none that he can see. The walls look smooth enough, and the only opening that he can see is the staircase. Stepping forwards into the cavern, he follows the girl to the staircase, looking around as he does so.
    "I can assure you, girl, that that staircase probably leads somewhere far, far worse. It is the usual way of the world."

It's true as well; every time he thinks it can't get worse, it does. It's gotten to the point where he expects it, so can plan for it and therefore not be caught out by it. He sets foot on the staircase, listening hard for any whirring or clicking sounds and, hearing none, he turns to the girl. "Tell me. How able are you at defending yourself?"
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:22 am

I stare at the staircase and shift uncomfortably from one foot to the other.

Well... Doesnt this look familiar... Darcie chuckled, almost tauntingly and I gave her a deathly glare.

Echo stepped back a bit and I chewed on my lower lip as the man and the other girl stepped forward and examined the cave. This was where The Order had come together during the war of the Light and the Dark... Where we were created.

I quickly walk over, "Maybe we shouldn't be here. C'mon... Lets go.. God knows whats lurking around in these nasty caves. I say we go."

Echo tugs my hand back and I stumble back a little bit, my body shaking slightly and I held my breath, waiting for their response.
    ThesolutionisBOOM
    ThesolutionisBOOM

Post by ThesolutionisBOOM Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:41 pm

The stairs descend deep below the cavern they're in, dimly lit by the red stone for a way before being enveloped in darkness. though if one with good sight (such as Fenris) were to peer hard enough, they would see at the end of the darkness, a small, dim, flickering torchlight.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:52 pm

Fenris turns his head to look at the two girls, who seem to have followed them across the cavern, albeit hesitantly. That, combined with their eagerness to get away from this place rings alarm bells; a tenuous link, true, but Fenris trusts his instincts, and his instincts at the moment are telling him that there is something that these girls are not telling them. He makes a mental note to do some extra research on these caverns at a later date, and to include myths and legends in his search. They might shed some light on it. Now, however, he has more important things to worry about.

"Leave to go where, girls?" He asks flatly, "The only way is back or down. It being the only place we have not explored, I vote down. You three are welcome to come with me or go back, or even to stay here. It makes no difference to me," and with that, he turns and begins walking down the poorly-lit staircase. The stairwell is lit in a red light, before fading to black, but Fenris can see something, a small flickering of slightly lighter darkness. A light? Possible. Only one way to find out. Without checking to see if the girls are following- he really doesn't care- he moves off into the darkness.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:38 pm

I growl lightly under my breath, taking in the stench of dirt, and sweat through my nose. The smell makes me wince a bit, and I grit my teeth as the man swiftly turns into the darkness.

"You will regret this." I say darkly, my voice is on steady, but the worry that was starting to flood my mind quickly flashed across my face.

"Maybe there's another way out." Echo suggests quietly to the man, zipping in front of him to block his path.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:11 am

Fenris stops as one of the girls darts in front of him, and suppresses a growl of his own. She doesn't want to go down there? Fine. Don't go down there. Do not, however, block Fenris from going down there. I'm serious, just don't do it. It's far too much like controlling him, and if you aren't paying, you're just getting in his way...and that makes you an obstacle. Obstacles do not last long when Fenris comes across them. Oh, they may be strong- that much is certain, them being down here; after all, they must have transportation abilities at the least to have come from this direction and to not have known what's down here- but he is experienced, and he will not go down easily.

"You may wish to get out of my way, girl," he says quietly, turning his metallic gold eyes onto the girl in front of him. "I have looked around. This is the only way out of this cavern and, short of going back and discovering how to fly, possibly the only way out of this tunnel network. That does not, however, mean I am going in bind. I suspect a trap- how could I not?- but that does not mean I am going to stand here for years in fear. You can stay here if you wish, but I am going down these stairs. Now get. Out. Of. My. Way."
    Myka Hart
    Myka Hart

Post by Myka Hart Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:43 am

Velia definitely couldn't argue with that. If the situation doesn't just stay the same, it's just going to get worse. The four of them wouldn't have just fallen through the floor, or at least the man and herself, if it wasn't planned by someone or something. "I can defend myself fine." She mumbles to the man as the girls start to get a little antsy. She doesn't want to stay here, but she can't help but acknowledge the very slight twinge of fear she feels in the pit of her stomach at their obvious hesitation.
    Of course, they could just be scared of the new place, and have their own unease.
    Even better. Maybe they know what's down there and the don't want new people finding out.
    One of the girls tries to stop the man, and Velia raises an eyebrow. She can't imagine that someone would try and stop a stranger like him in a situation like this unless they had a very good reason. Not drawing too much attention to herself, she walks up behind the man, waiting for the girl to move. She's not planning on dying due to starvation or stupidity, and there's no other way out.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:12 pm

"Let him go Echo." My voice is dark, as I watch the woman step forward.

"But Jinx..." Echo's eyes dart nervously back and forth, "What about the..."

My hand flies up to silence her and her lips seal tight. She fades into the shadows, reappearing next to me.

"Let them go." I repeat quietly, "There is no point in hiding."
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:37 am

Ok, that's it. These two children- if they are, in fact, children- are doing his head in. He suspected it as soon as they started to try and convince everyone to turn around and go back, but now he is sure of it. Even if they didn't come from this cavern, they know what's down here. They know far, far more than they're letting on, and unless they tell him what they know, he will be very, very...put out.
    He spins on his heel to regard the two girls coldly, taking care not to smash into the third girl that has come up right behind him.
    "That is enough," he says flatly, "You two obviously know more than you are letting on. You know what this place is, yet you refuse to share. So. Do tell; what do you know? It could very well keep us alive, and I like life. I like it very much."
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:50 pm

Do not tell them more than what they need to know. Darcie advises me and I grit my teeth, as if maybe the words would come out slower through a trapped tongue. I could feel Echo cringe next to me, her body become more part of the Shadows.

For once in my life I was at a loss of words, at a loss of witty one liners, and annoying riddles.

"This is where The Order grouped during the war of the Light and the Dark." I say, taking emotion out, replacing it with simple, cold, hard facts. It was enough to get them off my back. I quickly survey around, and my eyes drift back to the man. I hope it would be enough information for him simply because I didnt feel like explaining that this were the walls that endured the powerful amounts of magic used to create The Chaos Children.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:26 am

Fenris is surprised. He doesn't let it show, of course- he keeps his penetrating gaze on the two children- but nonetheless, the thought didn't cross his mind that they were in a place of such...power. He thought that the War was just a legend, or something that happened a long, long time ago whose secrets were lost. That they would crash into a cavern from that time cannot be coincidence...and nor can the fact that these girls know what it is, when nobody else has found it...well, nobody else has found it and lived to draw a map of it. So. How do these girls know about these caverns.
    "Now we are getting somewhere," he says flatly. "And tell me. How do you two know what these caverns are, when nobody else alive that I have spoken to or contacted knew that they were here? How do you know, when these tunnels are mentioned on no maps?" He isn't about to let them off the hook. They know more than they are letting on, and he needs to know before they move on. Oh yes, he is proceeding, despite the secret that has just been revealed. If he stays here, he'll die. If he continues on, he might die. These two girls can teleport away for all he cares...or they could be running from something down those stairs, and have lied about teleporting. Either way, he doesn't care. As long as he gets the info he needs, they can rot cowering in this cave if they so desire.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 pm

"Jinx..." Echo started and I didnt take my eyes off the man.

Echo takes in a breath, "Are you surprised they took it off the map after the war?" She raises an eyebrow, "The Order didn't want anyone to find their location..."

I look over at Echo, and she shakes her head quietly to me, "They didn't want anyone tracking... The Chaos Children... So they cut off the caverns after the war..."
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Fenris is almost impressed. These girls dodged his question rather well, and had he been anybody else, he may have fallen for it; but that proves that they're hiding something...and that hesitation when they mentioned the "Chaos Children" that The Order created to try and win the war shows that they know far more than they are letting on, even now. Again, Fenris is impressed. That is the sign of at least some experience; when your cover's compromised, often the best defence is a good offence. Admit nothing, deny everything. Make counter accusations and attempt to divert the conversation.
    Fenris inclines his head slightly, as if thanking them for the information, but he doesn't turn around.

"Thank you for the context," he says a little sarcastically, "But that does not answer my question. My question was 'how do you know about this place,' not 'why does nobody else know about this place'. A small distinction, but an important one. Wouldn't you agree?" Fenris is not backing down. Rule 89: Don't allow yourself to be diverted or distracted.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:15 pm

ooc: Soooo need that fourth person or are you fine with 3? lol don't want to butt in
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:21 pm

I chuckle, "You are smart." I say quietly, my clear eyes scanning over him, my tone changing to almost a praise, "You ask the questions, but you know we won't give answers. Which it then appears we are at somewhat of a ..." My eyes wander up to the left and then slowly to the right, finally reaching him again, "Ah, yes, a predicament... You are too smart, and you obviously know that *we* know more than we are leading on."

"Yet.." My eyes narrow, and my voice grows cold, "You are treading in dangerous waters, young man. I suggest you leave it at that, take what we give you and move along."
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:48 am

Fenris doesn't bat an eyelash. That threat right there? It means that the more dominant of the two, at least, is secure in their superiority. That proves that they are at least a little powerful, or very good bluffers. But for now, let's assume that they aren't bluffing and do have powers that they haven't revealed yet. They know about this place- a lot more than anybody alive should- so they can either travel through time, or are very old (or belong to an old family). The latter is far more likely, because if they could teleport and time travel, they could literally be anywhere besides here. But there is more to winning a fight than simple raw power; he's fought many people in his mercenary days, many of them more naturally powerful than him, but none as skilled. And in the end, it's skill that matters.
    "Interesting," He says, as if musing something, "But I have a counter offer. Tell me how you know so much about this place, and then you are no longer an obstacle. And let me make it clear that obstacles do not last very long when they are obstructing me." A little cocky, sure, but he thinks he can afford to be a little confident; after the amount of non-humans- and humans, come to think of it- that he's killed, he thinks he can probably handle whatever these girls can dish out. Even if they are some uber-race, he won't go down without taking out at least one of them.
    He takes a step towards them, still regarding them closely. Their major mistake? Underestimating him. That young man comment clearly shows what they think of him. Oh, it was delivered with a sarcastic comment, but they know he's smart. But they don't know how able he is to handle himself.
    "See," he says as he draws closer, "What's down those stairs and how you know about it may well keep me alive. How do I know I can trust you if I know that you're keeping secrets? And people I don't trust, like obstacles, don't tend to last long..." He takes another step towards the more dominant girl, hands by his side, and he's literally within a few centimetres of her, looking down at her intently.
    Myka Hart
    Myka Hart

Post by Myka Hart Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:02 am

Velia stand on the sidelines, as she often does, getting information without having to get her hands dirty. There is... or was something powerful and dangerous going on down this cavern, and she plans on figuring it out. Whether she leaves these caverns alive or not may be dependent on what information these girls give to the man, and therefore, her. She doesn't feel like dying today, but she doesn't believe anyone would miss her, so she's not hesitant, but she'd still like to know at least vaguely what she's walking into.
    She realizes she's still standing behind the man, and can't help but wonder why she's been placed in a cave like this with three obviously skilled people. Along for the ride? Works for her. The girls weren't going to let us past easily, or so it seemed, and she was starting to get a tad bit impatient. "There's no other way for us to go anyway. It's not like you're warning us against going through the dangerous tunnel when there's a ladder leading up just behind us. So can't you just tell us what is down that hallway and..." She glances at the man, then back at the girls, "we can get out of your hair?"
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:27 pm

I growl at the man who is now towering over me, "Dare threaten a..." My sentence was cut off by the woman and my anger flares even more so.

"You want to go down, then go. We've told you what is necessary." Echo steps forward, breaking the tension a bit.

Even I wasn't sure what exactly was down there anymore. Maybe old scrolls, maybe old candles... I would hope that the Order would've been smarter than that, but they were so rushed to get out of the caverns they could've forgotten to get rid of the evidence, the very scripts that recorded everything we, The Chaos Children, were made up of; what their plans were... Everything. Who knows what the man would do with the scripts if they were found. I dreaded to think.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:34 pm