Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Murdoch and Faith; Just Another Day in Space

Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Murdoch  and Faith; Just Another Day in Space Empty Murdoch and Faith; Just Another Day in Space

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:48 pm

-0200 Hours: We caught it; the ship drifting listlessly
    -0300 Hours: We saw the first of It
    -0400 Hours: We fought off the first few; there were few casualties
    -1200 Hours: … No one left

Here we go.

System start...

Welcome.......

Daily logs....

Today at... 1200 hours

"Is it on? Alright... This is.... Doesn't matter... To any crew members... Still aboard... I'm at level 28... Near the kitchens... I'm not sure if there's anyone left... Power's not being supplied everywhere... Not all lifts are functioning... The trams are out too... I would leave if I could, but I can't leave here... We need Engineers to switch power on.

We have women and children on this level. We need power."

Today at... 1220 hours.

"I don't know what the fuck happened. The lockdown is everywhere now. They're saying it's some kind of alien life? Security is being dispatched to the lower levels, but comm with the bridge it out too. Anyone else on?"

Reply at 1225 hours

From Major Thomas Henry

"Get guns. Lots. Security's down, or scrambled. Get weapons, and get to the escape pods. It's some kind of infection. It kills us then... Fuckin' does something to the bodies... I don't know how so many got aboard. Get further away from cargo, we lost contact with the security teams there meet at the bridge."

Reply at 1245 hours from Level 28 Kitchens

"We've got basic power to trams, we're taking the children higher up to the higher levels."

Today at 1300 hours from Bridge.

"This is security team bravo, bridge is gone. The bodies are gone too... Just a bloody mess. To anyone aboard, get to escape pods."

System exit......

Have a nice day.

------------------------

This is the Ferry, a class B travel ship built for interplanetary colonization. Designed for decades of travel at a time. You were born here, your family joined here, in search of a safe haven from over populated and expensive Earth.

Enroute, the ship has found a small recon vessel.... Inside was a catalyst for an alien lifeform. Which has swiftly decimated the crew. You don't know what's happened, how much of the ship is gone, and whether anyone save yourselves are alive. This is your scramble for survival.

Jobs: Jobs on the ship range from something as mundane as waste disposal to something as vital as medical treatments... They define your skill set.
    If possible try to choose a job which others haven't...

Some samples are

Security:
    Technician/Engineer:
    Forager/Scavenger (Someone who leaves the ship to scour planets encountered. Military/medical training is assured)
    Physician:

Others are possible. It's a large ship after all, built for decades, many practical jobs are viable options.

The Bio of your character should be akin to a psych profile... Detailing personality, habits, and habits. Including dress is mandatory only for Security, doctors, and engineers. Casual wear can be included.

Aliens... These... Things can only be killed by shooting them in the limbs. They are grotesquely formed mutants of assembled body parts... Think Hellish-ramshackle beasts.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Murdoch  and Faith; Just Another Day in Space Empty Re: Murdoch and Faith; Just Another Day in Space

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:56 pm

Booting....

Username: **************
    Password: *********************

Welcome... User.... Faith Wynters...

Loading Profile.... Profile Loaded...

Thank you for choosing The Ferry Extranet Systems.

Skin Color: Pale-Creme
    Body Type: Slender, doesn’t work out during her free time
    Height: 5’6”

Appearance;
    Hair Style and color: Straight cut, usually tied back in a pony tail as is code in the medical wing. Platinum; silver
    Eye Color: Magenta

Uniform: Usual medical uniform. Color depending on day from White to Teal, a form fitting scrub

Clothing Habits:
    Faith enjoys the higher fashion of the Ship when she can afford it. New, sleek designed suits with higher durability when not on duty

Psych Profile Including quirks:
    Brief History: Born in section C of the infant ward. Mother and Father transferred ships when she was about Six-Teen. Easily went through medical training, and informational training with high marks. Now works as a medic on call on the ship
    Skills: Logical, adaptable, Processive. Faith often finds herself in situations where she may get lost in thought at the most wrong of times. Psychological evaluation shows that Faith seems to view the glass as “Half Empty”

Improvised Weaponry: Plasma Bone saw, Kinesis Module ripped from one of the machines in the medical wing.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Murdoch  and Faith; Just Another Day in Space Empty Re: Murdoch and Faith; Just Another Day in Space

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:47 pm

ooc- The above is my Bio, this is my begninning post. Sorry It's so...eh....I'm tired, but I wanted to get something up.

bic

Booting...Booting...Please Wait...

Blood curtling screams could be heard throughout the darkness. The yells of men begging for help, begging for the pain to stop rang in my ears. There was a flash of light, and all I saw was blood; So much blood. My fingers slipped on the keys causing me to type in my password incorrectly for the third time. Finally, I tried once more, closing my eyes before letting my fingers naturally glide across the keys with a grace a usually never knew. The lights flicked off and the only light was the harsh glow of the module screen as the password was accepted.

Welcome...Medical Bridge G...Faith Wynters...

Loading...Loading...

I pushed the small red button in the bottom left corner frantically, not thinking about what could be around me now. I had to let someone know. The security, or-or the other medical wings, or maybe the Capitan. I didn’t know, I was just trying to save more people than I had on my hands.

"Log- It's about..Hell, I don't know. We keep losing the damn power. Medical Ward G is fucked. They're turning; One by one. We lost one to blood loss after one of those..things ripped his arm clean off. Then he turned, and got Jworchs. Damn thing just pulled him limb from limb! Hell, I've had two Kinesis units go out on the equipment and too many patients lost. The others have given up hope for the wing. I'm about to do the same. I don't know what to do! I've never seen so much...Blood...If you find this...Anyone...Head out of the Medical Wing. It's a disaster, if you have to, find power, stay there. Evacs will be here soon-hopefully...And If Y-"

System Shut Down...Power Loss...Rebooting...Rebooting...

Welcome...

Another moan in endless amounts of pain, and the sound coming from above made me frantic one more. It recorded and saved that much, that's all that might've been needed. I shook my head, turning. The darkness filled my eyes as power flickered from above. A body Convulsed to my left, and I stumbled forward, slipping on the slickness of the mess below me. I was shaking, uncontrollably, and I had to run. There was no time for anything.

They were all changing, in front of me. I had seen what they could do, that's all I needed to see. I took in a deep slow breath, trying to calm myself enough o be able to think. my hand wrenched out for the bone saw, and I was gone, the Kinesis already strapped to my arm.

I slipped on the slick blood beneath my rubber shoes, but found balance. It wasn't hard to fall, but I kept up. I knew I needed to stay alive. Even with so much carnage, I had to try.

Pitch Blackness...

Stopped in my tracks; I had to keep moving, but without light it could be worse than not moving at all. I stopped, shaking as I waited. A few more moments and the light was back, flickering on and off. I needed to move now, but I was afraid. I could hear one of them changing someplace in the room, but where I didn’t know. I coughed, trying to keep from breathing through my nose. I shook my head, darting forward. The door to the next ward was on the other side of the room. I didn’t know where I was going, I just needed to get out of this hell hole before I was impaled by one of these things.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:32 pm

...Boo-zzzz-booting...

...Loading, please wait...
    ...Lo-zzz-loading, plea-zzz-e wait...
    ...Loading, plea-zzz-

Confirm Access:
    U-zzz-er-bzzt-ame:
    /*********/
    Pa-bzzt-:
    /****/

We-eee-lcome, Private S.Grimes. Pl-eee-zzz-e choose action:
    -Perso-nnn-aal File
    -Update Data
    -Personal Messaging [OFFLINE]
    -Access Ship Data Banks [OFFLINE}
    -Log off

...Personal F-zzz-le selected...
    ...Ac-zzz-es-z-ing F-ooo-lders...
    ...Data Retrieved...
    WARNING: CORRUPTED DATA FO-zzz-ND. CONTINUE?
    ...Loading Data...

Name: Grimes, Samuel
    Appearance:
    --PICTURE IMAGE CORRUPTED. LOAD DESCRIPTION?--
    /
    /
    --DESCRIPTION LOADED--
    -Pale Skin.
    -Jet Black hair, messy.
    -Green eyes.
    -Five foot seven.
    -BODY TYPE: "Muscular but lean".

Station: Private in On-board security systems. Passed over for promotion due to 'indiscretions'. --FURTHER INFORMATION?--
    /
    /
    --ACCESS-zzzt-DENIED--

Uniform: Grey body armour, in-built space suit. Bottom layer, black combat jeans and jacket. Battle/space helmet w/ torch and limited night-vision.

Casual: --DATA CORRUPTED--

Psych Profile:
    --ACCESSING OFFICER REPORTS--
    --OFFICER REPORTS CORRUPTED--
    --ACCESSING OVERVIEW--
    -A good soldier, but prone to "outbursts".
    -Too little discipline for higher ranks.
    -Argumentative when faced with authority.
    -Dedicated to the survival of The Crew and Passengers.
    -Can be impatient.

Brief History:
    -Born In Infant A Ward.
    -Orphaned At Age Five. Parents: --DATA CORRUPTED. INFORMATION UNAVAILABLE--
    -Enrolled in Security Corps at Age 12.
    -Showed promise with combat training.
    -Deemed unfit for higher ranks.

Skills:
    -Hand to Hand combat
    -Explosives
    -Limited Marksmanship.
    -Naturally Suspicious; Makes Subject wary.

Current Weaponry:
    --NO DATA. ADD DATA NOW?--
    /Y
    /
    /
    -Energy Blade looted from Officer Armoury.
    -Nail Gun found in Engineering Decks.
    -Handgun
    -One Clip of Handgun incendiary rounds.

--SYSTEM ERROR--
    --TERMINAL HAS PERFORMED AN ILLEGAL FUNCTION. TERMINAL MU-zzt- SHUT DOWN--
    Goodbye.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:54 pm

The darkness is complete. None of the lights are working; They went off a long, long time ago, and never came back on. These...things appear to prefer the dark, so it makes sense that they would target the power grids first. There is still the occasional flicker of light as a terminal sparks, or as he passes a place where the metal plating has been ripped away to reveal torn power cables. When they do spark, Sam really wishes that they hadn't. It isn't that it ruins his already limited night-vision- not his helmet one; he has to save the power in his suit- but what it reveals. The walls are blasted and torn, ripped and mangled like only God knows what has been at it, and the floor has been similarly destroyed. Loose power cables and bits of machinery hang from the ceiling, tangling up with anything that comes near...and the blood. Jesus, so much blood.

The place is by no means coated with the stuff, which somehow makes it worse. If it was just a layer, maybe he could cope with it better, however perverse it may sound...but the large spatterings of blood that he can see are disturbing enough that he feels a litle sick every time his torch sweeps over a patch. There's a trail of handprints on the wall, for instance, leading down the corridor before leaving a trail down the side from where a wounded passenger tried to struggle his way away. The track on the floor, starting at where the handprints end and heading back in the opposite direction shows how successful that plan was. And there, a puddle of blood, still sticky, being fed by a drip from above...how much blood must have been released for it to soak through from the deck above? He's guessing that it's a lot...and he isn't about to go check. The above deck is the nursery...and somehow, he doesn't think he would be able to move if he saw the carnage that must be present up there.

His foot hits something and rattles, and he swallows a curse. Whatever those things are, they're drawn to loud noises, and light, and he now has provided both...he's down to his last clip of ammo, and then he's down to nails, knives and the odd lead pipe. Against these things, that won't be that effective; he's seen what these things can do. His entire squad was wiped out by them not two hours ago...they were fighting in E wing of the Cargo Hold...they were trying to get a hold of better medical equipment for the medics to use, and they were ambushed. They were managing to hold the tide back, though...until the ammo began to dry up. Before they started coming out of the walls.
    At that point, they were doomed. They never stood a chance. Sam watched as friend after friend was cut down, and turned, his dead friends staggering to their feet, murder in their lifeless eyes...and he ran. He ran, and ran, and ran, until he couldn't run any more. He had cowered in the security office near the cargo bay doors- which he had sealed in an attempt to delay them- listening to the sounds of the creatures scurrying around, next to and above him, looking for something warm. Thankfully, none ventured into the room he was hiding in...but he was in the perfect position to hear the screams, the gunfire, the alarms...and then silence. He had ventured out, and has been walking ever since, trying to find somebody, anybody else that survived. There has to be somebody, right?

His first thought was the medical wing. If anybody survived, it would be in there, with all the medicine, right? At the least, there would be some pills or something that he could pinch. Maybe stave off his death by a few hours if he got injured...and then he had thought that maybe he should turn his gun on himself. Better to die than to be killed, after all, and if he killed himself, he might not come back as whatever one of...those things...are. But he dismissed it. He has a responsibility...he has to find any survivors and, as possibly the last security member left alive, protect them as best he can. Maybe they can force their way to the escape pods and get off of this cursed ship. Maybe.
    So he's heading towards the medical wing. It seems as good a place as any to start, and the only other thing he can do is sit in a corner and cower until he's found...and that doesn't appeal to him.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:43 pm

There was some sort of snarl. God, another one of them was turning. Of course they were, it was just my fucking luck. They could track without eyesight, but I needed it to go three inches. They came to the light and the sounds, but it wasn’t hard for them to find you when your breathing was ragged. I shook my head, closing my eyes a moment before I opened them again. There was a slick, squeaking sound, as if something was sliding on the floor.

Something grabbed my hand, and yanked me forward. I screamed, louder than I had since this whole thing began. I knew it wouldn’t do any good, and if it did, then not much. I shook as something yanked me harder, sliding me through the blood toward the black abyss. It didn’t feel like one of those things, it wasn’t ripping me to shreds. These things didn’t breath, and that was something this thing was doing. Panting and forcing me forward. So there were still survivors?

“Faith, shut the hell up. I’m getting us out of here”

I knew that voice all too well. Johnson. He was alive? Wait, we had sent him out for lunch since we had our hands tied. Yeah, he was a good nurse, but we hadn’t eaten and it was already at least 1500 by now. God, we were starving.

Now, I guess most of my colleagues were the ones doing the feasting. I shook as he slid me across the floor, to the door I assumed. The lights cut on. We always got the power; the backup generators just took a little bit longer to cut on. Of course, they would only work for about five minutes, so the doors would open and we could evacuate anyone in the ward.

It was Johnson, but he had blood all over him. I shook my head; we needed to get somewhere safe. I needed to get to my room. It had an auto lock on it, just like all of them. If I didn’t want you inside you didn’t get inside.

While my mind had been racing, Johnson had punched in his number. There was a slight decompression of air as the pistons began their work, and the door slid open. I took in a deep breath as I ran out with him, into the next hallway.

“Door, Lock, Ward compromised.”
    The order was out of breath, but understood.

“Medical Bridge G under complete Lockdown. Have a nice day”
    With the words, we both seemed to take a breath out. He turned on me, and pulled me into his arms. My body lurched as he held me. I began to shake uncontrollably. I had never seen anything like this in my life. Even if I was in the medical profession, I had never seen so much blood at one time that wasn’t in bags.

He took a breath out. I knew what he wanted to do. He rubbed my shoulders, a sigh on his lips as he looked down at me. I was pressed so hard into his chest, I had a feeling he was having a hard time breathing.

“Faith..It’s gonna be okay. Look at me-“ He pulled my chin up, trying his hardest to smile.. I had been silent for awhile and I culd see the fear in his eyes as he looked into mine..

“Faith-It’ll be okay”

I hadn’t seen the thing coming from behind him. I assumed he hadn’t either, until it had made it only a few feet from us. There were no good0byes as something caught him, right thrugh the back and straigh through his chest plate.. He didn’t even have time to try and run past it, and into the next room. I hadn’t seen it until it was too late, and he was dead.
    I took in a deep breath, watching as he was cut through my another apendage.. I screamed, that’s all I could do. He brought his hand up, using a plasma cutter. It was strange, for he wasn’t a miner and didn’t have access to such tools, but some way or another they were there. He fired, hitting it in the chest, the head. It seemed to only stop it for a moment before it was up again. He shot off one of it’s arms, before moaning in agony and falling

He didn’t have the chance to fire again. The creature swung it’s sharp, needle-like arm, and it went straight through his stomach. Some of his own blood got on his face, and the thing began to rip him to pieces. I was bolted to the spot in horror as the person I had worked with was being ripped to bits.

But I had to move. If I didn’t, I was going to die. I took in a deep breath as I forced myself forward. The things were still making a mess of him. Apparently, they didn’t want to change him, for his body was in too much of a mangled mess to turn into anything.

I somehow go within a few feet of the mess to get the weapon. The thing swung at me, but I evaded by only a few inches and by mere luck. I felt like I was going into shock but I had to run. I had to leave the bloody mess behind, even though he had a family and kids..

I was on the brink of just stopping and letting the things kill me. Post Traumatic Stress disorder was on the agenda if I didn’t die anyway. I could barely move, anyway. I took in a deep breath as I ran, punching in my number on the next mechanical door before it slid open. It was too slow for my taste, but I had to deal. I turned, pressing my number in again.

“Door, Lock”

The order was finalized, and I fell to me knees. I was safe for now. I didn’t know how long, or how much of the ship had been effected. I shook, there was a knocked over vending machine in a corner. I stood, walking to the corner. I climbed over the machine and into the small hole between the corner in the wall and the snack carrier. I could hide here for a few minutes, get my bearings, cry as much as I could, then do whatever I needed to do to get out of this hell.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:00 am

The problem is, of course, that he is quite low down in the ship. Medical is up more than a few levels, and with the lockdown in place on these levels, he is unlikely to be able to find an elevator to take him up there. Which is problematic, considering...well, considering that this level seems to be the one that those...things started from, judging by the amount of destruction and blood all over the place. It's also a reason to get out of here quickly...he can hear things, just out of earshot. Skittering, growling, the occasional baleful moan...all at the edges of hearing, so faint that he almost thinks he is imagining them. Every time a light flickers, or a vent pops, he's spinning around, terrified that the last thing he'll see is one of those monsters snarling in his face. Every time something falls, every time even the slightest noise is made, no matter what it is, his heart leaps into his throat. His heart is pounding louder than any drum, and he is gripped with a cold feeling that rivals space itself. Every moment could be his last...he can almost feel the cruel, sharp scratching of those creatures claws on his back, feel their rasping breath down the back of his neck...he doesn't know if they breath or not, but that doesn't make it go away.

He has to get off of this ship, and fast...he doesn't care where he goes, as long as it's away from here.
    As he recalls, there's an elevator near here. Though the elevators have been shut down, and the power is gone, there's always a service ladder next to the chutes that the elevators travel in. If he can climb up there, hopefully he'll be relatively safe from those things for a while, and he'll be able to climb up to the medical wing. The medical wing has a lockdown, so surely there must be some survivors up there. Another cable sparks, and Sam spins, scanning the darkness with his torch frantically. None of the sounds have gotten louder, but that doesn't mean anything...he's seen first hand how silent these things can be...
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:28 pm

The sounds around me strike even more fear inside my heart. The darkness surrounds everything, and it’s hard to see if anything is moving in the room. I sob, silently, to myself, afraid one of those things would hear my crying. Of course, they wouldn’t think twice about ripping me to bits. I didn’t want to leave, I just wanted to sit in this corner and wait for someone to rescue me, but I knew that wouldn’t happen. The ship was too big, and the risk of losing more men to these things was too great. This corner, being blocked by a snack machine, would be my grave. At least, the way it was going now, it would be.

I closed my eyes, taking in deep breaths as I tried to calm myself. I was so afraid, I couldn’t deny that. My eyes were closed as I rocked back and forth in the small area I was positioned in. I choked out the last sob before forcing myself up. I couldn’t just sit here and die by one of those things. I would at least run someplace before I got cut down by one of those damned things. I looked around in the darkness, trying to find out where I was.

If I was right, I was in the Medical Hall connecting our ward to the elevators and trams unit. Hell, I didn’t even know what door we had gone through. I jumped the sound of scratching and thumping on the metal walls seemed as loud as they had been before the door closed. I shook my head; they weren’t coming to get me. They couldn’t find me. Even if that was a lie, I had to keep telling myself that or risk freaking out and getting killed.

I took in a short breath as I climbed over the metal box, pulling the things I had carried with me toward the darkness ahead.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:04 pm

Sam scans the dark corridor in front of him carefully, running the torch over every nook and cranny he can find. He can't let one of those things sneak up on him...if one finds him, it will likely call more, and he isn't sure he can handle one. Not with one clip of ammo and a nailgun, anyway...he does have a grenade, but it's his last one and would likely draw even more of the buggers towards him, which is not something he wants to do. He would like to survive as long as possible, thank you very much.
    So he holds the torch in a reverse-grip, resting the nailgun on his forearm as he looks around the corridor. Nothing there that he can see...that might not mean much, but it is enough to be sure that, the last time he looked, at least, there was nothing there. Once he has the medical supplies, he should probably try and restore power. These things are a lot less dangerous if you can actually see them coming...and then it's 'make for the escape pods,' hopefully setting the self-destruct before he jetisons.

Releasing a breath he didn't know he had been holding, he lowers the gun, turning around and raising it again-
    -an ear-piercing screech fills his ears as he raises the torch to reveal the twisted, horrific face of a former crew member, mutated and squashed and battered beyond all recognition, leering at him from only a few feet away. His heart literally skips a beat as he freezes, staggering backwards in shock, which probably saved his life; the creatures claw rends the air where he was standing only moments before, and the creature lets out another shriek, this time in anger. Sam backpedals rapidly, raising the nailgun, firing off three quick bursts. He doesn't aim for the head, or the chest. He aims for one of the four flailing, scythed arms; perversely, head-shots only seem to stun them for a few moments, and limb-mutilating attacks kill them stone dead. One of the nails misses, but the next two shred into the creatures right-upper arm, sending the claw flying in the opposite direction as the lower half of the arm comes spinning forwards. The creature howls in pain and rage and comes lumbering forwards, screaming at the top of its lungs.

Something catches Sams foot and suddenly he's falling, crashing to the floor in a tangled heap, dazed, while his gun skitters off across the floor and into a wall. Before he can regain his senses, the creature is above him, lunging towards him with that terrible, mutilated, stretching face, sharp, broken, rotten teeth snapping at him hungrily. He raises his arms to shield his face, but they're soon ripped away and pinned to the floor as the creatures head looms closer. Sam can smell the corpse on its breath, feel the rancid air assailing his face. It's a good thing that he has his air purifier on, or there's a good chance he could have been infected right there and then...but he's going to die anyway, so what's the point? Of all the ways he could have died, this is not the way he thought he would go; killed by mutant space zombies. Seriously, he didn't see it coming.
    He turns his head in a vain effort to keep away from the creatures looming face, but he knows it's no use; the creature is fully astride him, now, and no doubt more creatures are on their way. he's as good as dead, and only a few doors away from the elevator whose service hatch could have saved his life. Life sure is a bitch sometimes, isn't she?
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Deep breaths… Slow, quiet deep breaths. Keep your eyes moving, your body ready for anything. Don’t die. No more crying. Find light. Find power. Find Safety. I kept going over this in my head, over and over again I thought the words that I hoped would keep me alive. I had my bone saw, which would only work in close distances, and a plasma cutter, which would allow for shots as long as I had ammo. Hell, I didn’t even know how to check ammunition on this damn thing. I wasn’t a miner; I was a damn doctor who had no idea what she was going to do with something so dangerous. I shook my head, continuing on the path, only lit by blue caution lights that ran in a strip in the middle of the floor.

Then I heard it and my heart stopped. I had to be strong. One of those things, it was coming from behind in the ductworks above. I sighed quietly, not know what exactly I was to do. Run out and face it, or wait for it to come to me? I turned 180 degrees, waiting for the thing to come through he vent a few feet ahead of me. You could hear the damn thing above, its sharp claw-like appendages making a horrid screeching sound on the metal. That was almost as bad as the anticipation.
    The monster never came however. It seemed to crawl right above me, and toward the other end of the hall, which was about twenty-five feet ahead of me. There, it burst through, sending bits of metal from the vent flying in all directions. I bit my lip, trying to stand in a stance that would help me cut it into little bits when it came near me. I watched in the darkness, the mangled creature only being illuminated by the strip on the floor. I watched quietly, shaking my head.

But the animal never acknowledged me. It kept its back to me as I all but stopped breathing completely. I stopped to listen to something I couldn’t hear before turning lightly and walking to the right side of the hallway. Of course, the thing was too stupid to use an elevator that probably had no power anyway, so it found the next best thing: The vent shaft that contained a ladder down to the next few levels of the ship.
    I watched as it ripped open the metal with its claws as they had done back in the medical ward. It seemed to have only one way approach of attacking. Jump down, stab, munch, rip apart/Change.

The metal from the vent went flying and you could hear it as it went tumbling down to the base level. I took a moment in awe as it climbed through. Apparently, something was more important than me. That was a good thing. That meant noise. That meant survivors. I needed to follow that damned thing to the people that would get me out of here and hopefully get others out as well.

As much as I didn’t want to, I went against my better judgment and took a few steps toward the hole in the wall. I was actually afraid it would swallow me up or something. I shook my head at my own stupidity before taking large steps to the hole. I took a moment before I looked inside. Only darkness shrouded my view. This was bad. What if the shaft was crawling with those things? What if one attacked me and I turned? I didn’t want to be one of these monster things. I shook my head, I had to get going. I looked away a moment before turning and sliding down into the shaft. No matter what happened, I would have to at least try and survive before I died.

I took the first few steps on the rungs and I let out a sigh of relief.

“Not dead yet I suppose” My voice echoed through the darkness, and I cringed at the loud sound. Now would those things be after me? Or were they still after the survivors the other had ran off to. Of course, these things could have been smart enough to trick me. With today being so shitty, I wouldn’t have put it past them.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:27 am

The stench is almost overpowering; the purifier might keep viruses from entering, but it has no function for smell, which is a shame. Sam wrinkles his nose up in distaste, straining as much as he can against the creatures supernatural strength; he hasn't given up, not yet. He will die fighting, trying to prise this creature off of him...
    And that's when he sees it. One of those little lifelines that life sometimes throws you, a small floating ring in the ocean that could keep you alive until tomorrow. It's there, sparking merrily away, not a care in the world; a loose cable with a chewed-away end, still carrying the occasional electrical current through it. And a plan formulates in Sams head.

He changes tact; instead of craning his head away, he sends it forwards suddenly, crunching into the creatures face. It recoils, shrieking- blows to the head don't kill them, but they slow them down- loosening its grip on his arms just enough for him to rip one arm away, grasp the base of the coil, and thrust it into the wound of the limb he severed. The electrical current does the rest; the creature flies off of him as if picked up and thrown, spinning into the wall before sliding down to lie on the floor, dazed. Sam takes his chance. Leaping to his feet as fast as he is able, he retrieves his gun- mercifully by the opposite wall to the stunned creature- and runs. He doesn't stay to finish the creature off; it would be a waste of ammo and time...both things that he is very short on. He can already hear the scuttling and shrieking of the other creatures, getting nearer, and that massive clattering sound was probably one of those things falling down the vents or something. If he can get to the elevator shaft, he can climb up through the ceiling and use the emergency ladder. Then, maybe he can at least put some distance between those creatures and him...unless they can climb. In which case, he's screwed no matter where he goes.

He staggers down to the elevator doors, and punches the button. Nothing. He curse, and pushes it again, and again nothing happens. He looks up at the lights, which indicate that the elevator is on this level, but the power is obviously too weak to open the doors. He looks either way down the corridor; although it is clear for now, he can hear the sounds coming from all around him, getting louder, more insistent. They're mounting on top of one another, adding layer after layer onto each other, becoming louder and louder as a veritable hoard approaches him. He spins around to the watch the other side of the corridor, and his heart sinks; already he can see flickering shadows, growing larger on the wall in the intermittent light. Is he really going to get away from one, only to be killed by hundreds?
    No! He is going to live, goddamnit! These things took everything he cared about, and they are not going to take him as well! His parents, his squad mates...Lucy...he hasn't seen her, either dead or...turned...but she won't have survived this. She worked down in the cargo bay, the first place to get hit. It's why he volunteered for the mission down there...and now she's dead. But he's alive...and he will not allow her memory to die. He owes her that much, at least, for being too late.

He swears, loudly- what difference does noise make now?- picks up a metal bar, and attacks the crack between the two doors of the elevator. There's no service hatch entrance on this level, for some bizarre reason, so that's the only way in. Working as hard as he is able, he forces the doors apart, slowly, slowly but surely, not daring to look behind him. He can hear the creatures approaching, he can hear them coming closer, but he focuses on his task. Eventually, the doors have been opened far enough for him to squeeze through.
    And not a moment too soon; as the doors shut behind him forcefully, he can hear the banging of claws and heads and hands on the doors, demanding to be let in. He shakes himself, but doesn't give himself time to breathe; he doesn't have time.

Looking up, he uses the same bar to move the panel at the top of the elevator open, before reaching up and clambering out himself. He looks about him; complete darkness as far as he can see, beyond his own little island. He bends down, replacing the hatch and locking it from the outside, muffling the sounds of screeching and banging. That should delay them for a little bit. Turning around, he grips the ladder and begins to climb, one hand on the railings fully and one hand clutching the nailgun at the same time. He shouldn't face many of those things in the elevator shafts...but then again, he doesn't know how smart they are. They could easily find another way in, and at that point, he could find himself completely surrounded. Which would be bad.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:41 am

My breath was loud and shaky as the many sounds around me grew quieter. The creature had wither fallen down the shaft or was an incredible fast climber. I watched the darkness silently, there was no point in trying to close my eyes. They wouldn’t adjust by if I got to a place where light was coming through the holes in the wall, it would be easier for my eyes to adjust. I was making myself excuses was all I was doing I didn’t like it, but I simply climbed, one rung at a time as I made my way up. It wasn’t hard to do so, accept the times when there was a rung missing or I completely missed the bar. I coughed quietly, hearing the thuds from0. Around me. Each wall seemed to be sounding with random sounds. Whether it is a scratch of a claw or the screams of people I couldn’t get to. They were irking, which I hated.

T he sounds seemed to grow faint I as I grew closer to the hole in the wall I planned to climb through. It was like the hole had been ripped through by the monsters that had been terrorizing the ship. They made their way through the floor and then left to start on another floor. I had no doubts that there would be more of these damn things someplace on the floor that I was about to venture on. I couldn’t’ even tell myself what floor it was. There were so many hatches I had passed and so many that had been bolted shut by maintenance for safety precautions.

I sighed quietly, looking to the light that was passing through the hole that had been ripped open. I assumed this would be the same thing that happened on every other floor. Hell, blood, and dead bodies. I hoisted myself up, throwing the saw and plasma cutter over the side . I had been struggling with them since I got to climbing however long ago that was.

I took in a deep breath, pulling myself over the hole. I was sure to not cut my hands or legs on the jagged metal. It was something that I took great pride in. I liked fixing other people, not myself.

The floor was clean, which was a surprise to me. I would have assumed the blood would have started off at the beginning. Apparently, there wasn’t anything in this room the be mangles and slaughtered. I assumed there would be next time. I wouldn’t get lucky and avoid the blood forever. I sighed quietly, shaking my head. I walked a few steps before I heard it, the loud screech of something in the vents. I sighed quielty, looking to the roof. This was apparently the first quarter deck. The third class passengers were sleeping.

I took a few steps forward to a computer module that stood beside the door. It was probably locked and I would have to put in my personal code to get there. That was, if there was power to the module and it would accept my code. Sometimes, you had to be a certain person to be bale able to go into living quarters that you personally didn't live in.
    I took in a short breath, taking the first look at the module. It was off, but the screen and information on it was in power save mode. I would be able to get to much of the information on it, but hopefully I could just get through the door. I began typing in my Personal code. One was given to every of the passengers that were born on the ship. It had been awhile since I had to use mine, the code was on my card, which was around my neck, but the third class passengers didn’t receive them, so there was no key card slot. Only the Doctors and Engineers and guards on the ship had them.
    The code was accepted, but there was a light lag in the door opening. I started forward, taking a few steps before the scratching began again and the vent broke ahead of me. One of the damn things landed on me, almost crushing my body., I grunted, shaking as I looked to the snarling thing atop me. I didn’t think., I couldn’t, as it snapped at me. It pushed toward me, as if the claws were trying to puncture my skin. I shook my head, swinging my arm up, the saw wasn’t on so it whacked the thing in the head which did very little. I was kicking like my life depended on it. My finger slipped, and I felt for the on button. It was small and not easily turned on so accidents couldn’t occur on ship. I heard the sound of the saw as I looked to the thing that was trying to cut at my body. I brought it forward, the horrid sound of flesh cutting made my skin crawl. I closed my eyes as blood splattered everywhere. I took the loud screech and the loss of weight on my body as that I had killed it. That was, of course, far from the truth. Really, I only cut through the middle of him, cutting him in two pieces which lay still on the floor a moment. I scrambled up, to my feet as it lay still. I watched it as it convulsed before becoming active again, now in two pieces, just my luck.

Ooc- Please ignore spelling errors, I’m on a school computer and I have no spell check here. I’ll edit spelling when I get home in three hours.

Last edited by Faith Wynters on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:41 pm

ooc: I couldn't spot many on first inspection. Very Happy

IC:

The climb is only a brief respite, he knows. Pretty soon, those creatures are going to break into the elevator, discover that he's gone and then they'll either leave, or pursue him up the shaft...and he knows that one or two of them can certainly climb. All that he can hope for is that he gets enough of a head start to lose them in the belly of the ship. It isn't much of a chance, but it's more of a chance than if he had stayed in that elevator, waiting for them. If they chase him, at least he has a gun to take them down...and a grenade to take them out with him, if it comes to that.

The darkness is almost complete, and the torchlight stemming from his hand only illuminates a tiny portion of it. Those things could be creeping up on him right now, and he would never know it...but that kind of thought is not welcome, particularly in this environment. Concentrate on putting one hand above the other, one leg ahead of the other...concentrate on climbing. He has to get to the medical deck, grab what supplies he can, then head to the escape pods. The pods should have enough food to keep him supplied for a good few weeks...if they're still there, still in working order and if they haven't been plundered yet. A few too many 'ifs' for his liking, but that's just how it is.

A loud crash sounds from somewhere far below, and Sam knows that those creatures have just burst through the door. Hopefully, it will take them a little longer to work out where he's gone, especially considering that he shut and locked the hatch...at the least, it should slow them down some more, and if he hasn't reached his destination by the time that they've crunched through, he'll duck out into the nearest deck and make his way from there, hopefully losing those things as he goes. A thin hope, but a hope nonetheless. One hand after the other. One leg after the other. Keep ears and eyes open...it's the only way to survive right now.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:48 pm

It seemed to be growing speed as it learned exactly how to walk with only half of its body. Somehow these things could think with their brains being severed in two. It was strange, but I didn’t have time to think about that. I took in a deep breath as both sides crawled toward me in unison. It’s snarling and scratching on the floor filled the room and I couldn’t help but flinch. It was like nails on a chalkboard.

I took a moment before looking to the bone saw. I had used this in amputations many times. It was the same thing. I was just amputating another victim of a rock falling on them or something. I shook my head, taking in the deep breaths as I took a step back to get a little bit away from it. I was trying to formulate a plan that seemed to not want to formulate in my mind. I shook my head, coughing, looking everywhere but the thing.

It got me, my back to a wall, the damn thing inching towards me. One of the bits had fallen inward, having lost balance, and was now trying to move on its side. It was having problems, but I just ignored it. The other one was coming toward me. It was right here.

“Go to hell” I muttered the thing as it jumped for me. I brought up a foot to kick it back. I shook my head, bringing down on the monster that had attacked me. I first cut at its throat. Maybe if it had no more blood left, it wouldn’t attack me. I shook my head as I turned, as if it were barely scratched. I jumped at it moved a claw at my leg. It caught my pants leg, throwing me off balance. I grunted, shaking as I looked at the thing in anger.

“Leave me alone!” I yelled, seeing no point in really keeping quiet anymore. This was the first time I had been loud since this whole thing happened. I covered my face with my scrub before blindly bringing the bone saw down on the thing. I heard it scream in pain as I missed all vital organs it might have, cutting off one of its dreaded claws. So that’s how they were killed? Cut off their arms? The thing was convulsing on the floor now, swinging its arms back and forth as if it were trying desperately just to hit me and hopefully kill me. It was my time now. I let the shirt fall, slicing off the leg that was left. There was a horrifying scream before the body lay still.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:49 pm

You know, considering everything that's happened in the past day, he has been extremely lucky...at least, in the sense that he's still alive; losing all of his friends and family is hardly lucky, after all. It would be a shame, therefore, for him to die in an elevator shaft, halfway to his destination, gored to death by some space-zombies. But, that's what looks likely at this point in time, which is really rather depressing. Well. More depressing. He passes a large white number- the number 4- and stifles a groan. Another four decks to go...he doesn't think he can handle four decks right now; it's probably only a few moments until those things bust through the grill on the top of the elevator and start swarming up after him, and it would be just his luck that these particular zombies can climb far faster than him. As it is, he is starting to hear noises from around him as well as those things infect the walls.

But no...he has to keep going until he hears the grill bang open. Those things are not fans of breaking through things quietly, so he will have plenty of warning, and hopefully three floors will be enough to lose them, getting through the next set of doors and running like hell in the opposite direction. If he remembers correctly, there's another elevator very near where he would come out...he could break in there to continue his climb. At the very least, it would buy him more time, and time is in precious little supply right now. But...what if those creatures didn't break through the grill? What if they entered the vents, or the shafts in some other way? What if they're waiting for him, or creeping up on him now? That would be bad...and unavoidable, were it to happen, so he should stop thinking. Just focus on survival.

One rung at a time...one rung at a time...one rung at a time. It's a few minutes later, as he passes deck 5- only two away from his goal- that he hears it; a loud crash, and the echoes of snarling and growling. They're after him, and from the sounds of how quickly the sounds are getting louder, they're gaining fast. He has to get out of this shaft, and now...backtracking a little, he swings himself across to the doors to deck 5, and forces his fingers into the crack. Desperately trying to ignore the horrific cracking, snarling, crunching sounds coming from below, he begins to try and prise the doors apart with his hands. It opens a little, and then slams shut again. Opens, then shuts. Opens, holds for a moment, and then shuts again, all the while the sounds coming closer.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:29 pm

Deep sigh on my lips as I watched the dead thing. I took in a deep breath, shaking my head. The other one was still in my eyesight. I didn’t have time to deal with this, I had to run. I had to buck up and be a big girl or stop thinking about how I wasn’t going to live through this and die already. I shook my head, taking in a deep breath.

I took a step forward, watching the bit of body that was still on the ground. It was still. I watched it silently a moment. I pushed a foot forward, kicking the body. Yes, it was dead, and I had no time to calm down. I pulled my shirt up to my face, wiping the blood from my skin. I only hoped that the virus hadn’t gotten to me. I didn’t have armor on, and I sure wasn’t thinking when I chopped through the last few freaks.

I was shaking, but I continued forward. The long hallway that awaited me wasn’t something that I was used to. The first class halls had transit, so it was easier to have four rooms on a hall instead of thirty to forty like was on this on. I shook my head, taking in a deep breath. My shoes squeaked as my feet moved in my shoes. What was the point of being quiet now? I took in a deep breath, looking back and forth as I waited for something to come at me. It was quiet, actually, it was silent.
    There was thumping all around me, and a screech somewhere a little bit far off. It was all so sudden that it made me jump almost a feet in an air. I turned, looking behind me. Nothing moved, and I sighed in relief. I shook my head, turning back around before looking to the ceiling. This was so annoying; I kicked the wall, glaring up at the ceiling. I wanted to yell and scream until the damn things shut up. They weren’t coming for me; they were busy killing other people.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:06 pm

The doors open once again, and this time Sam is able to dive between the doors as they reach their most open stage, and they shut again behind him. He takes a quick look in all directions, and breaths a sigh of relief; none of those things are in the immediate area, at least, and the closest ones that he knows of are in the shaft with hopefully no clue where he is. That being said, he should get as far from here as possible...hopefully they'll lose his scent or warmth or whatever and go in the completely opposite direction to him...meanwhile, he has to find some way of getting up two floors to the medical deck. If he's lucky, maybe he'll find some more ammo or weapons lying around...at the least, he may find an energy saw or something a little better than the small knife he has currently. Hell...a pointy stick would be better than that piddly little thing.

He breaths out a shaky sigh, and attempts to calm himself down. His heart is beating furiously, and his arm is practically shaking from the adrenaline pumping through it...he should probably get moving, but in which direction? As he recalls, there're service hatches all throughout the ship, but they are a little spread out and he didn't memorise the locations of all of them before this thing hit the ship. There has to be one relatively close by, considering that he is in one of the residential decks- each apartment has a separate power supply, so they need hatches to access them and the systems connected to them- but it's finding one that isn't damaged that will be the hardest part.

This deck doesn't seem to be too badly damaged; there's the occasional low hanging wire and dent in the wall, but besides that, everything appears normal. Even the lights are fine, besides the occasional flicker, and he has no doubt that there are more than a few families cowering behind doors in this area. They would never open up for him, though, and the chances are that the creatures will find a way in eventually. The doors are all kept locked and closed using power from the generators...destroy them, and the doors open. It's only a matter of time until those creatures figure that out, and then God help them all. But he can't help them, and he has to keep moving...the sooner he finds a service hatch, the better. Sighing- and trying to ignore the growing sound of the creatures through the door behind him- he turns smartly to the right, and hurries off as quietly as he can manage down the corridor.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:55 am

Ooc- Once again, on a school computer…can’t edit because I’m not even supposed to be on the computer. The screen is off and the only time I’m going to be able to turn it on is when I copy,paste , then turn off the computer. If you want to just wait, I would be more than happy to edit when I get home. It’s up to you. If it’s aweful when you read it because of typos, just leave it and it’ll be edited by 4:30 Central Standard Time.

The creatures were mocking me. They would scream or shriek and then make noises in the ceiling and walls. They would The creatures were mocking me. They would scream or shriek and then move in the ceiling and walls. They would stop just as I got alert. My body would tense, I would look to where the noise was, and then it would stop. They were mocking me it seemed. Everything was on edge and these things were actually rampaging through anything they could. That seemed to include my mind. I shook my head, looking, back and forth, back and forth. Over and over again I did. I couldn’t keep my eyes on anywhere more than a few seconds. What would happen when one of them came from the one side I wasn’t paying attention to? What happened when I was caught off guard even more than I was before ?
    I couldn’t stand this. I couldn’t wait for something to jump out and kill me. Every bump seemed to be another shadow, waiting to jump out when I was turned around. I sighed quietly, stopping in the middle of a long hallway. It wasn’t as nice as the ones I was used to being in. These walls were the same crisp white and silver, but the furniture that sat every few doors wasn’t as nice. Fake leather, they probably couldn’t even think about it. It was just wood, and cloth, and fake duck feathers. If they were lucky they could afford to buy a real d nice bed after working for twenty years. Of course, the better the gob, the nicer the equipment you received. It didn’t take long to earn enough for that bed if you were a first class material. Doctors, politicians, captains, and so many other people.

I couldn’t believe I was just standing here. All those things around here and I was standing here looking like a fool. I needed to run, needed to go off where I was safe. I wasn’t safe here. I wasn’t calm,. I was shaking and almost out of my mind. I took in a deep breath, taking a wobbly step forward. I had to be strong. Everything would be back to normal. I promised myself it would be, silently, in the middle of that hallway. I took in another breath before I began my trek ahead. There was only about a hundred feet ahead of me. It wasn’t much. I could run it if I had to. Of course, I didn’t know what would happen when I got to the end of the hallways, and I wondered if that was why I was walking so slow, One foot in front of the other, slowly, keeping silent as I walked. Maybe they couldn’t find me if I just kept silent. I just had to have hoped that that’s how they listened. I shook my head, continuing forward through the flickering lights of the third class hallway that I could almost be assured would be my grave.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:36 am

ooc: It's alright, don't worry Very Happy I think we should have them meet up soon. Smile

IC:

Quiet. It's quiet; too quiet. It may be a cliche, but in this situation, it fits perfectly. The halls are too silent, and he doesn't just mean from lack of movement...there are no conversations coming from the doors, no sounds of children playing, no crying or shouting or laughing...the only sound is that of the engines, still groaning and growling away as they strain to move the now derelict ship through space towards an unknown destination. Somehow, the silence makes Sam edgier; at least if he can hear the creatures, he knows where they are. This complete lack of sound, this...dead atmosphere is unnerving, and it worries him whenever his footsteps make even a slight sound in the corridor. These things have supernatural hearing...what if they hear him padding around and decide to come after him?

He needs to move quickly, in any case. The less time he spends in one place, the less chance that they'll stumble across him. Though medical deck is probably the place that is worst hit after the cargo decks- it being where all the wounded and dying were taken, and he knows what happens to the wounded and dying with this thing- he needs the medical supplies, and if there are survivors that he can reach, that's where they would be...near the medicine and Doctors. It's only a short time later that he reaches his destination; a little-used service hatch that begins at the habitation decks and stretches up to the bridge. It is literally a small box with a ladder, which means even if the creatures find him, they can only come at him one at a time...of course, he'd be in an isolated area that could easily become a coffin, but he ignores that thought.
    Sighing, he climbs in, pulling the hatch shut behind him. It won't stop them if the come, but it might slow them down, or trick them into thinking there isn't anything there.
    Slinging his weapons around his back, he begins to climb.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:33 am

I finally made it to the end of the hall. It was just like all the rest. It ends in a small lounge area where most children would gather to play on the deck. It was a meeting ground, now covered in blood and body parts. Were those children that were now strewn across the floor and walls? I sighed, turned away from the mess. Dwelling on the past would get me killed. I had to keep reminding myself that.
    I coughed, looking to the door that would be my best bet to getting out of here. It blended into the wall, covered in blood. It looked like someone had tried to escape. The body was gone, but the handprints on the door indicated that they tried to run. They were short too. I shook my head, walking to the door. I pressed the small button that would let me into the next hallway, wherever that may be. There was a light hissing, but the door didn’t open.
    “Door Jammed- Engineers have been called. Please stand by. Sorry for in inconvenience.”I gritted my teeth, pushing the button once more to get the same results. I kicked the door before turning to the small bar on the side of te door. There was a manual open, but you had to actually be a little stronger than normal people, which is why people usually never bothered with it. I took the cool metal into my hand, pulling, hoping for the hiss that would get me out of here. It didn’t budge. I sighed, trying again. Hopefully this door would work. I had a feeling the engineering call would bring attention to my location to people. Even though tat was good, the droning woman telling me to wait for engineers would call those monsters toward my location soon.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:15 am

One rung at a time...that's really all you need to do. It also helps distract from the screaming agony in his shoulders and legs...too much climbing, too much running, too much crawling...if he doesn't get somewhere safe soon, he will be easy meat for those things...all he can hope is that he has time to put a bullet in his head before those things eat him. Better dead than killed. Better dead than...whatever those things are.
    A red light suddenly flickers on by his head, then another, then another. What...? Is that what he thinks it is? This is one of the service hatches, so it would certainly make sense..except for the fact that most of the crew and passengers are dead. That light is the beginning of a system that calls for engineers to fix a broken system...either you hit the button to say that you're on your way, or it starts blaring an alarm...so, either way, he needs to hit that button. He does so, then looks at the call properly.

There's a survivor trying to open a door somewhere on the ship, and the door is broken...meaning that the engineers are getting called. Except that there are no longer many- if any- engineers left alive. Whoever they are, they're on their own...except...if he can't save survivors, what can he do? Isn't the point of the Security Teams to safeguard the civilians? But, then again, he's helping nobody if he takes a detour and gets himself killed...
    Well then. It all hinges on where this person is. If she is on the way to medical deck, then he can make a small detour to pick her up...but they will have to remain as quiet as possible. He hits one of the other buttons, and a map appears on the small screen by his shoulder. Twisting, he looks at the small circle that shows where the alarm was activated from...One of the medical decks? That is one hell of a coincidence...well, he supposes he can make a small detour. The maps show that this tunnel runs straight past that room. That kind of thing only ever happens in computer games!

He resumes his climb, and eventually reaches the hatchway that leads to the room the alarm came from. Turning around, he heaves open the small trap door, leaning out, ready to slam the thing shut at a moments notice. "Hello?" he calls as loudly as he dares, "Is anybody there?"
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:08 am

Ooc- Before I forget like I did earlier. I would like them to meet up soon again too. I haven't read anything yet, but I'll try to post now.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:44 am

I try, again and again until it hurts. Over and over again I try. I pull, only for the door to move slightly before sliding shut. It didn’t help that I had noodles for arms. It was always the same. I tried starting a kenisis gym workout, but I always stopped, got too busy.Something always came up. I sighed quietly, taking a fist and hitting the wall.

“Please stand by, engineers are on their way.” The automated voice came back as the echo rang through to the other side of the wall. I looked up. Someone was coming? Was that a blessing or a damnation?

My body shook, and I looked to my arm to make sure it wasn't just my imagination. Why was I waiting on someone that wasn’t going to come? I had a kenisi module strapped to my arm and I hadn’t even thought to use it before now.

I coughed quietly feeling the lump in my throat loosen slightly. I pulled up my arm. I used my left arm to push the button on my arm. The light humming began as I took hold of the brace with the kenisis beam. There was a louder humming as I pulled at the handle. There wasn’t even a budge, something was wrong. It didn’t work. I grunted, shaking my head. It wasn’t opening. The door was shut and there was no way getting through even if I wanted to. Something kept the door shut.

Then I heard it, just as I let my finger off the button. The movememn of metal againt mettal. A door opening from someplace and I didn’t know where from. I took in a deep breath, a sigh on my lips. Then there were workds. It had been so quiet, accept for the slight moving in the walls, that the noise made me jump. I turned on heel to look for the place where the sound originated. I looked to the dark hole that was not in the white walls. I didn’t even see the hatch before. I didn’t know about such hatches in the walls. Was I that oblivious? I took in a short breath, taking a short step forward. I had to be careful, this could just be my mind playing tricks on me.
    “Hello?” My voice was haorse as I spoke. I was quiet, almost silent, and I wondered that whatever that was being swallowed up by the shadow that were coming from the hole. I shook my head, then I saw movement. It was dark, but I could see it. I stepped forward once again, hope filling my thoughts.
    “Hello? Who’s there?” My voice grew stronger and I looked around. Blood was everywhere. What would this person think? What would happen when he saw me covered in blood and the same to the walls?

Last edited by Faith Wynters on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:45 am

Ooc- Same as before, I'll edit when I get on the bus after school. Marching competition so i'll be on my phone.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:25 am

The darkness is rather solid, but Sam can just make out a human shape in the gloom. He dare not switch the lights on, in case it attracts the wrong attention, but he does know that those things cannot talk...she's alive. For now, at least. It turns out that this was a good call; there are no creatures within sight- though that is not saying much- and she appears to be unharmed. As his eyes adjust to the low level of light, he is greeted by the horrific sight of blood everywhere, and the familiar desecration of not a single body. He sucks in a breath...was this a childrens playpark? Hard to tell...and he can tell that he doesn't want to know.
    Then he sees the blood all over her body, and swiftly swings his nail gun around, pointing it at her arm. "Is that your blood?" he demands suddenly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:48 am