Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Murdoch and Faith; Just Another Day in Space

Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Murdoch  and Faith; Just Another Day in Space - Page 4 Empty Murdoch and Faith; Just Another Day in Space

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

-0200 Hours: We caught it; the ship drifting listlessly
    -0300 Hours: We saw the first of It
    -0400 Hours: We fought off the first few; there were few casualties
    -1200 Hours: … No one left

Here we go.

System start...

Welcome.......

Daily logs....

Today at... 1200 hours

"Is it on? Alright... This is.... Doesn't matter... To any crew members... Still aboard... I'm at level 28... Near the kitchens... I'm not sure if there's anyone left... Power's not being supplied everywhere... Not all lifts are functioning... The trams are out too... I would leave if I could, but I can't leave here... We need Engineers to switch power on.

We have women and children on this level. We need power."

Today at... 1220 hours.

"I don't know what the fuck happened. The lockdown is everywhere now. They're saying it's some kind of alien life? Security is being dispatched to the lower levels, but comm with the bridge it out too. Anyone else on?"

Reply at 1225 hours

From Major Thomas Henry

"Get guns. Lots. Security's down, or scrambled. Get weapons, and get to the escape pods. It's some kind of infection. It kills us then... Fuckin' does something to the bodies... I don't know how so many got aboard. Get further away from cargo, we lost contact with the security teams there meet at the bridge."

Reply at 1245 hours from Level 28 Kitchens

"We've got basic power to trams, we're taking the children higher up to the higher levels."

Today at 1300 hours from Bridge.

"This is security team bravo, bridge is gone. The bodies are gone too... Just a bloody mess. To anyone aboard, get to escape pods."

System exit......

Have a nice day.

------------------------

This is the Ferry, a class B travel ship built for interplanetary colonization. Designed for decades of travel at a time. You were born here, your family joined here, in search of a safe haven from over populated and expensive Earth.

Enroute, the ship has found a small recon vessel.... Inside was a catalyst for an alien lifeform. Which has swiftly decimated the crew. You don't know what's happened, how much of the ship is gone, and whether anyone save yourselves are alive. This is your scramble for survival.

Jobs: Jobs on the ship range from something as mundane as waste disposal to something as vital as medical treatments... They define your skill set.
    If possible try to choose a job which others haven't...

Some samples are

Security:
    Technician/Engineer:
    Forager/Scavenger (Someone who leaves the ship to scour planets encountered. Military/medical training is assured)
    Physician:

Others are possible. It's a large ship after all, built for decades, many practical jobs are viable options.

The Bio of your character should be akin to a psych profile... Detailing personality, habits, and habits. Including dress is mandatory only for Security, doctors, and engineers. Casual wear can be included.

Aliens... These... Things can only be killed by shooting them in the limbs. They are grotesquely formed mutants of assembled body parts... Think Hellish-ramshackle beasts.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Murdoch  and Faith; Just Another Day in Space - Page 4 Empty Re: Murdoch and Faith; Just Another Day in Space

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:28 pm

ooc- Okay :] No rush
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Murdoch  and Faith; Just Another Day in Space - Page 4 Empty Re: Murdoch and Faith; Just Another Day in Space

Post by Murdoch Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:51 pm

The door groans and grinds, but refuses to open. The gap that it does reveal could allow the girl through, but not him. Her suggestion is a sensible one, given the circumstances, but it has its risks; split up, with a broken door between them, they could easily be picked off by those things if one snuck up on one of them. Of course, both of them together don't stand much more of a chance, especially with the trust issue on both sides. The other risk is that she could decide that she's better off without the lowly security guard and just leave, leaving him stranded on this side of the ship with those things likely closing in from behind. He involuntarily does a double take behind him at that thought, but the darkness is complete; there could be one crouching down only a few feet away, and he wouldn't notice until it was too late.
    They could head back, try and find another way around, but that option is even more unrealistic now...those things could still be following, as mentioned before, and their actions could be drawing the attentions of more...and staying where they are, they will almost certainly be discovered eventually. No...no, they have to forge on. Whether he trusts the girl or not, he has no choice.

Chris hesitates for a moment, then nods wordlessly, inclining his head towards the door. It's their only chance of progressing, so he has very little choice in the matter.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:50 pm

He takes awhile to decide, every moment I catch myself looking from him to the darkness. His movements and thoughts can almost to voice aloud. I can tell by the way he’s moving and looking around that he’s just as afraid as I am, even if he doesn’t want to admit it. It seems to shed a little bit of light on him; it seems to add human quality in him that I don’t see before. I wait a moment before I see his movement. I had been looking into space, losing some of my concentration with my own thoughts.

He nods to the door and I give him the best smile I can muster, trying to reassure him that I’m not going to leave him on the other side of this door to die. I can see how his hands might be tied. He can’t trust me, and hell, I wouldn’t trust me either in times like this. Covered in blood; found amidst the bodies of children and these things.

Something about this door makes me wary. What if it closes while I’m still trying to squeeze through? Then what would be left of me? Nothing I suppose. I look at the door another moment before I take the last step toward. Turning so I’m perpendicular with the door, I begin sliding myself through. I get caught, only once, and that’s only for a moment because of things I cannot control. I grunt as I push myself through, almost falling as I am thrown forward.

I pull my body up, trying to brush off the fact that I almost fell. I shiver, looking to the room. I shriek, jumping back, hitting the door as I do so. There seems to have been quite the slaughtering in this room. Body parts lay mangled in a heap on the ground, brain matter seems to be sprayed across the walls. I shiver, trying to get the visions out of my head. I had an job to do.

I turn, walking back to the small terminal that is already lit up and ready for me. I hurry, not knowing what can lurk in the shadows. I don’t have much, just the bone saw that might not hold up well against something if it attacks from behind. I take in a short breath, continuing with the log-on process just as I had the time before.

Welcome…Faith Wynters

Welcome to Deck Number…4 Ward…D

I wait, the sounding of groaning once more. There’s slight movement, but nothing more than a budge. I wait a moment before a small screen pops up.

Error….Error….

Maintenance has been called…Please wait… Assistance will arrive shortly…

Would you like to know what maintenance will do? Yes/No…

Yes

Please Wait…

Wait…

Unidentified object in door…

“Damnit” I curse, hitting my fist on the metal box. Then it happens. I hear it before I can tell what’s going on. Something’s caught in the door, but I began to think that is wasn’t just something. I turn quietly, walking back, toward one of the walls. I grunt as I pull the saw in front of me. It’s not heavy, just a small version, used more for Once sight medical techs, not doctors with scheduled surgery.

There’s scraping on the walls, or something. It’s something pulling across metal, like nails on a chalkboard. Before I know what’s happened, a small hatch burst open and small worm-like creatures begin to come out. They must be strong. I grunt, wondering if that’s what’s been holding the gears closed, like a trap or something. These monsters are smart if that’s the case. I take a step forward, thinking more about opening the door and getting some help more than killing these things that are slowly folding themselves over each other to get to me.

Waiting…

Opening…

I shriek as they come closer. I try the kinesis before they get close enough to attack. I wait as they seem to just slide through. It picks them up for a moment before they fall again. I curse, louder than before, but the creaking of the door drowns me out.

Opening…

If I’m to kill these things, they’ll have to be at the level I am. I bend over to reach the small bits of flesh and muscle rolling toward me. I take a swing as they get closer, but they seem to fall only if I hit them directly. I grunt as I try to step on them, hard, I grind the buggars into the ground. They make out small high pitches as they come toward me.

“Hurry it up will you?”
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:56 pm

ooc: Sorry...complete writers block! >.< Will reply as soon as I can think of what to post..
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:01 pm

It's alright, Just excited that you're back (It's been kinda dead around here)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:32 am