Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Murdoch and Faith; Just Another Day in Space

Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Murdoch  and Faith; Just Another Day in Space - Page 3 Empty Murdoch and Faith; Just Another Day in Space

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

-0200 Hours: We caught it; the ship drifting listlessly
    -0300 Hours: We saw the first of It
    -0400 Hours: We fought off the first few; there were few casualties
    -1200 Hours: … No one left

Here we go.

System start...

Welcome.......

Daily logs....

Today at... 1200 hours

"Is it on? Alright... This is.... Doesn't matter... To any crew members... Still aboard... I'm at level 28... Near the kitchens... I'm not sure if there's anyone left... Power's not being supplied everywhere... Not all lifts are functioning... The trams are out too... I would leave if I could, but I can't leave here... We need Engineers to switch power on.

We have women and children on this level. We need power."

Today at... 1220 hours.

"I don't know what the fuck happened. The lockdown is everywhere now. They're saying it's some kind of alien life? Security is being dispatched to the lower levels, but comm with the bridge it out too. Anyone else on?"

Reply at 1225 hours

From Major Thomas Henry

"Get guns. Lots. Security's down, or scrambled. Get weapons, and get to the escape pods. It's some kind of infection. It kills us then... Fuckin' does something to the bodies... I don't know how so many got aboard. Get further away from cargo, we lost contact with the security teams there meet at the bridge."

Reply at 1245 hours from Level 28 Kitchens

"We've got basic power to trams, we're taking the children higher up to the higher levels."

Today at 1300 hours from Bridge.

"This is security team bravo, bridge is gone. The bodies are gone too... Just a bloody mess. To anyone aboard, get to escape pods."

System exit......

Have a nice day.

------------------------

This is the Ferry, a class B travel ship built for interplanetary colonization. Designed for decades of travel at a time. You were born here, your family joined here, in search of a safe haven from over populated and expensive Earth.

Enroute, the ship has found a small recon vessel.... Inside was a catalyst for an alien lifeform. Which has swiftly decimated the crew. You don't know what's happened, how much of the ship is gone, and whether anyone save yourselves are alive. This is your scramble for survival.

Jobs: Jobs on the ship range from something as mundane as waste disposal to something as vital as medical treatments... They define your skill set.
    If possible try to choose a job which others haven't...

Some samples are

Security:
    Technician/Engineer:
    Forager/Scavenger (Someone who leaves the ship to scour planets encountered. Military/medical training is assured)
    Physician:

Others are possible. It's a large ship after all, built for decades, many practical jobs are viable options.

The Bio of your character should be akin to a psych profile... Detailing personality, habits, and habits. Including dress is mandatory only for Security, doctors, and engineers. Casual wear can be included.

Aliens... These... Things can only be killed by shooting them in the limbs. They are grotesquely formed mutants of assembled body parts... Think Hellish-ramshackle beasts.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Murdoch  and Faith; Just Another Day in Space - Page 3 Empty Re: Murdoch and Faith; Just Another Day in Space

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:12 pm

ooc- Sorry it's short, gotta go.
    bic

He is silent again as we walk. It adds to the feeling that’s beginning to grow in my stomach. What would happen if we were forced apart? Would we try to find others later and split up? No. That was too dangerous, he would never allow that. Safety isn’t in numbers, but one is the loneliest. He would rather stay with someone that he disagrees with than die alone.
    I looked to him as we walked. We were on alert. He was especially. The silence was eerie, making my ears ring. I looked to him as walked along. I wasn’t sure if he knew about how the infants might’ve changed. I wanted to warn him, but I was afraid he would scold me for talking while it was so quiet. I shook my head, walking faster to meet his pace so I was beside him.
    “The infants will have change differently.” I stopped, looking over to him. He would scold me if he had to, but if he didn’t, then I would continue on when he didn’t interrupt me.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Murdoch  and Faith; Just Another Day in Space - Page 3 Empty Re: Murdoch and Faith; Just Another Day in Space

Post by Murdoch Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Sam pauses in his stride as she speaks. Brilliant. Just what he was attempting not to think about; how the children were affected. He doesn't know- nor does he really want to know- how the children would be changed in this disaster, and he does not think that it can be any better than the adults...maybe in a different way, but just as bad. Maybe a tail, or a sharper claw or something, but something that makes them more dangerous. "I was trying to avoid thinking about it," he grumbles as he turns around slowly. True, he may not want to think about it, but maybe he should. Any tactical intel he can gather is going to be useful, and the less time he stands there looking shocked and horrified, the less chance there is for one of those things to kill him horribly.
    "Go on then," he says, sighing heavily, "How do they differ from the other things? Tails? Wings? Acid blood?"
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:24 am

ooc- Life's gotten in the way. I'll try to post later today, but I can't right now.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:14 pm

I look to him, a sigh on my lips. Of course, no one wanted to think about such things. Did he think I wanted to? I was looking out for what was ahead, at least, what could be ahead. I watched him a moment before he stopped in his track. Looking at me he led me on so I would tell him more. I sighed quietly, shaking my head.

“It’s rather hard to describe. I haven’t seen them before, but another crew member came in with news on the other wards through the Med Log System in the Medical bay. He said something about tentacles coming from its back.” I shook my head, knowing not what to say about the animals when I knew very little. I paid no attention when I had dying civilians I had to try and make survive. “If I can find a working computer Terminal, I can probably get to the log he sent around the ship”

ooc-
    http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Lurker
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:39 pm

Ooc:
    Yeah, I can't reply either at the mo, a little busy...but for the record, I have played Dead Space 2 Very Happy You forgot the Crawler, and the juvenile version, The Pack. Very Happy
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:44 pm

ooc- Just giving you a little info and visual if you hadn't ^^ Haha
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:16 am

Sam has to stop himself from grunting in annoyance; she stopped their progress and got him thinking about Monster-Babies, only to tell him that they may have an extra tentacle? Nothing about offensive capabilities or weaknesses, nothing about how fast they are or how they prefer to attack? Just "They have tentacles"? That would be useful if he were planning on getting close to the buggers, but he isn't so it isn't.
    He calms himself. She offered information that is, indeed, useful; he shouldn't get so angry. After all, he didn't know that the infants differed at all, did he? Now that he knows that they mutate differently, he can be prepared for some different challenges. Although, if they're made from infants, he doesn't forsee much of a problem unless they swarm them...after all, the adults have more organic matter to work with, don't they? He doesn't know how the virus or the parasite or whatever the hell it is works, but he supposes that it's biologically impossible to grow something from nothing; they have to get the matter for the claws and tentacles and extra bits and pieces from somewhere...why not the rest of the body? It would certainly explain why shooting them in the chest does absolutely nothing; all of the organs have been used elsewhere.

But he is thinking too much. The bottom line? Shoot the limbs. That is what should concern him, not how the limbs came to be the weak point. That issue is moot.
    "Come on," he says, turning on his heel, "There may be a terminal in the infirmary...of course, we may find out before then..." he resumes his walk down the corridor, gun and torch held at an angle from his body, ready for use.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:46 pm

I could see in his eyes that the words I had just spoken were a mistake. He seemed to not care about what I have to say. It’s all about what they an do, yes, I agree, but they must fight different. I shake my head as he looked to me, ordering me to follow before turning and walking toward another set of doors.
    The infirmary might would probably be like the one in our set of Wards. Most of the patients didn’t get out of their beds before they were gutted or something had happened to them. Of course, you couldn’t be too sure about that. It was just an assumption and I began walking again, hurrying to catch up with the man who had much longer legs than I.
    “There may be a terminal, but you have to think about all the things that could have happened to it by now.” My voice has hushed as we got deeper into the heart of the ship’s medical wings. There was bound to be someone someplace that could hear us and come to kill us.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Sorry, I can't post...it's just really late, and my mind is slow. The posts on the group ones drained me...I will post asap tomorrow, promise D:
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:18 am

Sam snorts a little; of course he considered what could happen to the terminal by now; that's why he said might. There would certainly be a terminal in the infants area, but he said might because it could have been destroyed or damaged by now...no matter. If she wants to waste what could be her last breath splitting hairs, who is he to argue? He just wishes she would go somewhere else to make so much noise for the sake of being pedantic. No...that isn't fair. He doesn't want her to die- despite the fact that he doesn't like her much- he just wants her to shut up and leave him alone (metaphorically speaking, of course). She has been nothing but critical and unhelpfully pedantic since he picked her up...it's a wonder that she wasn't thrown to those things as a distraction. No...again, that's mean. He's just grouchy because most- if not all- of his friends are dead and he is stuck travelling with a civilian who thinks she's better than him. That's all.

"We'll find out when we get there," he says quietly as they approach the door to the corridor that connects the Infant Wing to the rest of this floor. He hits the button, and the door opens with a whirr...and he stifles a groan. The corridor beyond is pitch black, save for the occasional spark of electricity from a ruptured cable which has been torn from the wall. Reaching down slowly, he takes out his torch, holding it in a reverse-hand grip to give him a platform to wield his plasma cutter- which is beginning to run low on ammo- with one hand accurately. "Through there, or find another way around?" He asks, cautiously scanning the room. Nothing is moving, but that doesn't mean anything. Those things could be hiding in a vent, in a weak bit of wall...hell, any of the several corpses littering the floor could be one of those things, and they have almost no way of knowing...
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:35 pm

There was silence a moment. I sigh lightly, pulling my body forward. Of course, he doesn’t care about any of the things I say it seems. He seems to think that my intelligence is idiotic. I’m giving as much as I am and his haughty attitude is getting unnerving.

I shake my head as he stops at the door, pushing the button to open it. It slid open, and he practically groans. He looks to me, wanting information on what I think. Wow, he was actually asking for my opinion?

I looked to the light he held in his hand. It would be a good thought, but it would leave us in darkness for a little bit. I pointed out into the darkness, there was no way you could see anything if you stepped forward without the light.
    I look to the lamp in his hand a moment before snatching it out of his hand. I look at it a moment before pointing out into the darkness.

“Can you close these doors fast if something comes out? We can test” My voice is hushed as if I’m afraid those monsters can hear me. I pointed to the kinesis module before pushing the button, catching hold of the light. It makes a soft humming noise as I look to him. Faster is better if we can stay alive.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:05 pm

She snatches the light from him, and he has to restrain himself from snapping at her. You know, she could've just asked...he wouldn't have given it to her, but still; there's such a thing as manners, even in this kind of situation, between two people who obviously don't like each other. "The doors aren't designed to shut quickly," he says, "and if there is anything in there, it will likely get us before we can get away anyway..." he stops, then sighs heavily. It isn't a good choice, but they will be found soon anyway...at least this way, they are trying to get away. "It may not be the most desirable way...but it's the only way. Unless you want to double back and go the long way?"
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:45 pm

ooc- I'm sorry for taking so long. I have an eventful weekend.
    bic

I didn’t want to double back and go the long way. That was opposite to what I actually wanted to do. I took in a short breath before looking to the male. He glared at me like it was wrong to want the source of light. I look to him a moment before pushing the button on my arm. The short hum begins once more and after a moment the light begins to float in the air. The module was strong enough to hold three hundred pounds so the light wasn’t a problem. I held up my hand, palm out. It would reach at least the length of the darkness I hoped.

“Be ready to kill something if it jumps out if you can’t close the door.” I wasn’t doubling back, even if it was a huge risk. I straightened my arm until there was no more straightening. I took in a short breath before I pushed the button on my arm, making it pull the light forward, beginning to illuminate the hallway. I watched the hall in silence before giving a triumphant look to the male.

“Did we ever exchange names?” I try to make simple conversation as I evaluate the hallway. I could get the light back if I needed to. I stopped the light, testing it slightly by moving it backward. I watched a moment before pushing it slowly forward once more. I saw nothing yet, not anything but a small bit of blood and an arm on one side. Of course, I hadn’t made it very far yet; I wasn’t going to rush this for fear of pushing a wrong button and dropping the lamp, making it break somehow.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:19 pm

Sam watches the darkness like a hawk, ignoring her first comment. He doesn't need to listen to her, not now...there could be anything in that corridor, waiting to pounce. Just because the light is illuminating the room doesn't mean that there aren't creatures in there...that arm there could easily belong to one that's playing dead. That vent at the side could easily be hiding a creature, ready to spring out and attack. That low hanging light? There could be one hiding atop that, lying in wait...no, they need to be extremely careful. His fingers twitch on his gun as he scans the door slowly, eyes and ears practically straining for any noise or movement whatsoever. The other reason he ignores the girl, of course, is because her comment is pointless; of course he's ready to kill whatever comes through that door! He is the Security Member in this little duo.

She smiles as if she's won some kind of prize, and Sam has to suppress an exasperated sigh. Well done; she can pick a torch up! Big whoop! True, it saves him having to go in there completely blind, but it isn't like she just invented light...
    Perhaps he is being harsh again. She is now attempting something approaching friendliness, and perhaps he should be nicer...but as he said, he is all but fried. He can't spare a thought for pleasantries, not while he is in mortal danger...it might overtax his brain too much, adding manners onto the list of things he has to watch out for. Besides...she likely only wants to get friendly so he lowers his guard...then she can stab him in the back later. He would like to think a civilian wouldn't do that, but humans will do anything to save their own sorry skins.
    "No," he says simply, "We didn't."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:27 pm

The silence makes my ears ring. I can’t take the feeling that I’m somehow doing this wrong. It’s almost like I’ve gone about all of this wrong from the beginning. I shake my head, taking in a deep breath. I have to hold my arm with my other hand to keep it from shaking. I watch silently. The connection begins to faulter and it slowly begins to drop. I quickly bring it backwards some and it steadies. I looked to the male a moment, shaking my head.

His words make it seem that his name isn’t important. He doesn’t like me. Only a fool would be able to lie themselves into believe such things. Why would he want to share his name with someone he doesn’t even find likeable?

The torch is right there. It’s in arms reach. I lean forward, grasping it, letting the button go. I smile slightly, looking to him a moment before handing it back to him.

“It’s your choice whether or not we go ahead or not.” I didn’t care. Either decision I made he would patronize me either way. I would let him decide. I took in a deep breath, a sigh on my lips.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Sorry, I've been busy recently...I will post ASAP.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:31 pm

ooc- Okie I'm here.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:03 pm

He looks at her disbelievingly. First she attempts to take charge, then act as an equal, then defer? Which one does she want? Oh well...he supposes it's a nice change, not being spit on by the upper classes like the doctors, lawyers and governors. Maybe she's finally realised that they're in the same situation...or maybe she's just thought of a different way of manipulating him. Probably the latter.
    No matter. "I suggested this way, didn't I?" He asks rhetorically, before taking a cautious step forward, scanning the darkness with the torch. As he said earlier...a clear room one moment means nothing. He takes another step forwards, towards the darkness. It's only a short corridor, maybe five or six feet until the next set of doors, but a lot can happen in six feet...he swallows and licks his lips nervously. His heart is beating so rapidly that he feels it might burst out of his chest...he doesn't dare look away for fear that he may miss something important.
    "Stay close..." he mutters, taking his first step into the darkness.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:34 pm

I stare at him silently. I don’t even choose a direction and he is snide in his comments. He doesn’t want me to act higher than him, but he treats me like a little girl if I don’t. This man needs to make his mind up on what he really wants from me. I watch as he steps forward. Something dark in me hopes something launches itself at him so I could be the one killing it and saving him for once and maybe his ego would be bruised enough he wasn’t such a jerk.

Of course, nothing jumps out as he steps out into the darkness. I don’t know what to say, so I keep silent. I watch from the distance and the light for a moment before I follow as he orders me to keep close. I turn, deciding it’s best to watch out backs while he watches our fronts. It would allow for nothing to keep up from behind and the light from the room we had stepped out of would lighten the area until the door closed.

The bone saw is out, watching the darkness in silence. I wouldn’t talk. There was no reason to be talking in here. I couldn’t do it. I wouldn’t bring myself to do it again. I took in a deep breath, watching in silence as I pulled myself lightly around as I walked backwards. I just hoped I wouldn’t trip on a dead body in the ground or something.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:30 am

Ooc: Sorry, I'll post soon!
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:31 am

ooc- Okay, I'll be checking up on the Role-play regularly.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:38 am

He takes another step. Nothing. The darkness is complete, as is the silence- save for the odd spark from some exposed wiring in the wall- but that does little to alleviate his fears. If anything, it sharpens them; nothing is happening, so the tension only builds as the sensation of impending doom increases in strength. He works hard to steady his breathing, and is glad for the platform that his left arm is giving to his weapon arm; he knows that it would be shaking otherwise. How could it not? The terror of the past few hours are finally beginning to catch up with him, and the adrenaline has spiked suddenly...not a good sign, considering that a spike means a rapid crash will soon follow...and at this point in time, he can't allow a crash. It will kill him.
    Another step. Still nothing. The body on the floor doesn't stir, and Sam is almost on top of it. He edges a little closer to it; he doesn't want it leaping out at him from behind, or attacking the girl. He may dislike her, but she is a civilian, and his job is to protect non-combatants. Swallowing, he wonders briefly how he should ensure that this thing doesn't get up to attack either of them...then he gives a mental shrug and just stamps on its head.
    His foot descends through the air to collide with the skull with a sickening, splintering crack, followed by a soft squish. His relatively heavy armoured boots made quick work of it, and now that body will not be getting up...of course, he could be wrong, but he doubts that it will be much trouble if it can't see or hear. Besides; if it was one of those things, it would have lashed out as soon as its head was stamped on. So they're safe...from that body, at least. He approaches the door slowly, and beckons the girl over. "Can you open this?" He asks, whispering despite himself. Something about this passage...just encourages it.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:55 pm

ooc- I'm sorry, I don't have time to post. I'll be home around four o'clock Central Standard time zone! Sorry
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:55 pm

I am silent as we make out ways down the small hall. He is stupid. He slams his foot down on a body, making a loud sound echo off the walls, making me flinch. I shook my head, knowing not to blame him. He was tired like I was. The fallout from adrenaline was something that happened to everyone. He would start to think differently as he grew more and more tired.

We approached the small terminal and the door that was sealed. The color around the door lock was red and I knew it would be harder to get in. I was silent a moment before nodding. I wouldn’t talk, it wasn’t safe. I walked past him, to the small holographic screen that was pulling up at the sign of movement.

Welcome!

Deck on lockdown.

Key Number and Name Required.

Do you have…

Key Card? Yes/No

Yes.

Username? Yes/No

Yes.

Pass code? Yes/No

Yes.

Are you Medical Personnel/Security/Civilian.

Medical Personnel.

Please enter your…

Username: ***********

Pass code: **********

Please slide your Pass Card…

Waiting…

Thank you… Faith Wynters…

Welcome to deck number…6 Ward… D

The door starts to move, slowly, but surely. It’s loud; The creaking is something that’s rather hard to stand. What if one of those monsters hears the noises? Will it investigate? Of course it will, it hungers for more monster to walk around with them. I am silent a moment as I looked to him. He was the ‘leader’ so he would decide what happened. When we got through the door, where would we go. There’s a loud screeching and I feel my muscles tighten. The door stops about halfway open. Something was caught in the gears. That wasn’t a surprise. I groan quietly, taking a ligh step toward the terminal.

“Just our luck” I mutter quietly as I search through the information to try and find the problem. Was something caught in the gears or was there a negative response from someplace on the ship, disallowing us to get through. The line of light that came through the door made me want to just push through. I could, barely, but with such armor on, I knew he might not be able to get through.

“If I go through the door, I might be able to open it from the other side…” I looked to him, not sure if he would be ready to do such things. He seemed quite afraid of the dark.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:12 pm

So sorry! I will post ASAP!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:46 am