Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Running from the Pain

Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Running from the Pain - Page 5 Empty Running from the Pain

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Me:

I’m twenty five, with a 'nice' husband and no children. South Carolina is a place I’ve called home my whole life. Now that we’ve gotten another house, our two year anniversary is coming up. We met each other in a rather sweet situation. A friend hooked me up with the handsome, well-off Mr. Lewis and only a few months after, we were Mr. and Mrs. Jack Lewis.

Lately, we haven’t been just the perfect couple. We’ve fought and Jack has been getting bored. He only hit me a few times at first, and he said he was sorry. I forgave him, but every few days he would get right back to where we were before. The last few times, he’d left bruises. This time it’s even worse, he pushed me down the stairs, causing me to break my collar bone.

Of course, he threatened me. If I said anything he would find a ditch for me. That’s when I knew I couldn’t stand it anymore. I waited until I was fully healed, taking the beatings and the insults until there was nothing holding me back.

I made sure everything was ready for me. I had a friend from work drive with me up to the caverns in the mountains. I made sure I had everything; A pair of scissors, hair dye, and color changing contacts. I stashed them all in a small hole in the wall before having her take me back to my abusive home.

This is where my story begins. I ask my husband if he would be so kind as to take us on a walk through the caverns. I’ve done my research, knowing that many people have gotten lost in the caves. I make sure I know exactly where I’m going. I’ll be in a cavern that he’ll never find me in.

Of course, I go down first, being ‘excited’ and as we get farther down in the cave I slip. I had the only lamp, making sure that I break it as I fall into the safety of the caverns below. Jack calls for me, but there is no response and he grows frantic and exits the cave the way he’s come to call the police; to get help.

My friend picked me up once I got out of the cave. She took me out of the city, to a hotel. There she had her friend cut my hair, dye it. There I was made to change clothes, to change styles altogether. I felt like on a free woman. She went back home, and left her friend, who could be trusted, take me many states over. I made it to New York, and I knew I could hide there.

. . .

You:

You on the other hand live in New York City. You’ve got no family, and you’ve been up here looking for a different line of work. You’ve been working in normal, black tie offices since you got here about 8 months ago. You go to work, go to a small diner to eat lunch, and retreat back to your cubicle. You want a different job; an escape; anything to get you out of this dull life and into the light! That is what you came to New York for after all.

A few months after the same, rude Brooklyn waitresses, a new girl comes on shift. She’s got a nice southern accent that seems to catch the ears of all the regulars. Of course, you are just another customer to her, another tip left on the table now and again. One day, you decide to talk to her, see if she’ll tell you a story or anything about her. You don’t like her; you’re just curious. What happens when you talk to her? Will she just see you as another tip, or will she actually talk to you?

. . .

This is where we begin. It’s been about a month since I started working in a diner and it’s the beginning of the lunch rush. It’s also the day you decide to talk to me.

. . .

Rules:

1. I expect more than just one or two lines. I want BIG posts
    2. I want good grammar, Capitalization, and no "My bfs gfs bro" stuff
    3. Girls are okay Very Happy
    4. I expect an Up-to-par Roleplayer and Bio
    5. Be a good sport
    6. I'm not about to 'do' you
    7. I do curse a little bit
    8. Later on in the roleplay, there will be violent bits, I need someone who can play out a fight scene without him/her being the hulk

Last edited by Faith Wynters on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Running from the Pain - Page 5 Empty Re: Running from the Pain

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:02 pm

She offered to give me a ride home. I couldn’t accept that. Even if I did get into bed faster, I couldn’t. My apartment was in one of the worse parts of town. There was too much risk that she could get carjacked or something. Besides, the apartment is embarrassing. It’s shabby, and tells her exactly what kind of shape she’s getting into. I don’t want to let her see, besides, I’m still wary about letting people know where I live. I shake my head, that wasn’t going to work.
    “It’s okay, I’ll just take the Subway. It’ll take you out of your way, and I really don’t mind. I do it every day anyway” I giggle, trying to salvage the mood.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI
    The Happy Latin Dutch Italian

Post by Al THLDI Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:14 pm

I studied her body language, I figured she wasn't comfortable with the idea me driving her. "Fine then, but I insist, you must allow me to paay for a cab instead. Still safer, and quicker than the subway. I will not tak a no for an answer here." I said seriously to her and then to lighten up I smiled.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:46 pm

I sighed quietly. She sure was being nice, and she wanted me to get home safely. I can’t keep from smiling at the thought. I watch her a moment before nodding. “Alright, let’s go” I speak over the music. I take her hand, walking her toward the exit of the club.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:21 am

She took my hand and I couldn't keep myself from grinning. She walked us outside of the bar and we were already on the sidewalk. There was already a cab approaching when I signed it to come for her. I opened the door for her, went through my wallet and gave her a businesscard. "When you are home, call mmy cel. Just so I know you arrived safely."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:30 am

Before I know what’s happening, I’m outside, the door to a cab open for me. I sigh quietly, shaking my head. I didn’t like leaving like this; I didn’t like leaving so abruptly. The light buzz I had going inside was gone. I smile, taking her card, giving her a grateful look.
    “I’ll be sure to call you” I shove the card in my pocket before leaning in and planting a light kiss on her cheeks.
    “Maybe I’ll see you at the diner or something?” I smile at her before turning and getting into the cab. The driver was already annoyed with me as I leaned forward to tell him what I want.
    “The apartment building on 16th and 3rd, please” I smile but he only grumbles.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:58 pm

I felt her kiss on my cheek and nodded with her response. "I usually go every day to the shop at least once either after or before work so most definetly looking forward seeing you. Plus I did say next time sitting in youur area." I told her then faced the cab driver asking him how much it would be and handed some cash to the cab after Vanessa told him where to take her. "This is for her ride then."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:08 pm

I smiled at her, knowing that I would see her again. There’s no doubt about it that I will. Even if she doesn’t call; she comes to my work to get coffee. I smile at the thought. I nod as she gives the driver money. He’s ready to go. Every moment he’s not moving is money out the window.
    “Thanks so much, I wouldn’t be able to afford this without you.” I smile at her. Before I know what’s happening I’m lurched back in my seat. The taxi driver waits no longer before driving away. I glare at the man, but he doesn’t care. I hang my head out the window, looking back to her.
    “Call you soon!”
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:07 pm

I growled as the cab driver took off quickly. "How rude." I said in a low voice. Vanessa yelled out of the window that she would call me. I waved her off and thought it was time for me to head home myself. Off to the parking lot I headed searching for my car. I fumbled with my keys before opening my car and got in. I smiled widely as I turned the engine. I really enjoyed her company. Frankly I actually enjoyed it more than I was used to with other girls. There was something about her that had me intrigued. I knew there was something she wasn't telling me. I turned my engine on and started driving home. She was shy, but carried some confidence. I liked that. Now I couldn't wait for tomorrow. I had an excuse to see her.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:17 pm

I was carried off my thoughts most of the way home. The cab driver has to turn around and yell at me before I realize I’m actually at the apartment. He wanted to get out of this side of town, I could tell. I sighed quietly taking in a deep breath as I stumbled out of the car. As much as I didn’t want to break my phone out here, I needed to call her where there wasn’t yelling and noises coming through the walls. I pull out the car, hoping that she had given me a proper number. I close my eyes a moment before dialing in and pressing the phone to my ear.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:26 pm

I was just arriving to the garage of my apartment when my cel began to buzz. It was an unknown number but I figured it must be Vanessa's. I got out of my car before I picked up the call. "Hey, you arrived safely?" I answered as I wwalked up the stairs opening the door to my pplace and walking in.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:28 pm

I decided that it was best to at least start walking toward the door. I knew how dangerous it could be out here. I smiled as she answered.
    “Yes, I did. Thanks so much. Maybe I’ll see you around?” I look up the building before opening the door and starting inside. I needed to get inside, and at the moment, I wasn’t sure if I worried about her knowing. She most likely could guess where I lived after I gave the taxi driver my address.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:23 pm

I heard a ton of noise in the background. Noises that sounded familiar to me, plus it was expected knowing where her cab was taking her. "Sure thing, I am looking forward to it. Sweet dreams and see youu tommorrow." I replied back with a smile on my face amd heading to my room.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:28 pm

I smiled, looking down the third floor hallway. There was the sound of barking and screaming from someplace. I didn’t bother with it. The first day I stayed here, I couldn’t sleep. I felt like someone was going to break in and take me for all I was worth. It was hard adjusting from the nice, calm life of first class to the dark shabby apartments I was in now.

“Thanks” I smiled as I heard her words. It had been a long time since someone had said such things to me. I giggled, feeling a happiness swell inside of me.
    “Don’t let the bed bugs bite” I smiled quietly.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:38 pm

I chuckled at her response. Hadn't heard that one in a while. "you do too then, bye." I said and hung up. It was time to get ready for bed now. Had to wake up early and go present another project that I've been working on with a team thatw as assigned to me. I took a quick shower since after the dancing I did sweat some, so that was definetly being needed. Once i was out i just pulled over a long shirt and laid in my bed for a bit reading a book till i was ready to pass out. I turned the light off and dozed away with a huge smile on my face because of that sweet southern girl.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:33 am

ooc- Sorry, I have to go to class. Post afterwards!
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:55 pm

hm Razz
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:35 pm

She gave me a goodbye, and I smiled, speaking in return. There’s the quiet click as she hangs up and I shove the phone in my purse. The dim lit hallway disappears as I walk into the apartment. A smile spread across my face. No matter what happened, I could say that this little place was mine. That was all that I could really say in this world. I sighed as I walked to the back room. I didn’t bother changing before I fell into bed. I was so tired after work every day I had to shower in the mornings. Sighed quietly, knowing that I would fall asleep soon. The sounds would die out and I would be able to drift off.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:37 pm

I grumbled in my sleep. Some dreams were repetitive, some had a slight few differences. Others seemed like a whirlwind with the same incidents going over and over again. By the time I would wake up, I just laid in my bed, looking straight up at the ceiling, blinking and staring. Ten minutes later my alarm clock would go off. I sighed. I would always wake up before my alarm. It was like I had an internal clock inside of me, telling me when it’s time to wake up. I hit snooze on the alarm and sat up stretching. I looked around my room and then smiled as I thought about last night. I was going to see her again. I soon got up and headed towards my small kitchen and started to prepare myself something to snack on lightly before I would do my usual morning jog around the boulevard outside. Quickly I pulled on my pullover grey top and my black sweatpants. I was good to go.
    Once outside I took in a deep breath, the air was cool, just how I liked it. I plugged in my earphones to my ipod and the put them on. I stretched first before I started to jog. The cool air was hitting my face, I shut my eyes for a second. This part of the road was smooth, and straight. Around this hour I didn’t have to worry about traffic. It was just me, the concrete, the squared buildings, some trees, the birds, and the early morning sunrise.
    It may have been an hour or so. I was back in front of my place and eagerly headed up the stairs for a shower. I loved my mornings. I enjoyed every bit of it. I guess that’s why everyone says I’m not a cranky person. I’m always in a bright mood. As if I had no worries. Little did they actually know, but yes most of the time I did project that carefreeness which made people actually enjoy my company. Today I felt like wearing my black blouse and my small checkered bowtie along with black slacks. Fixed my stuff and headed back out of my apartment once again, but this time into my car and drive off.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:13 pm

It’s nine o’clock by the time walk out of Mac’s Fresh Market. I‘ve been up for awhile, and the day’s already starting to press down on me. I sigh quietly as I let my hair fall on my shoulders. I woke up early to shower and from there, I had to catch the train and commute to work. I sigh quietly as I make my way up the street. My hair is still wet as I make my way toward the diner. Every day I walk the streets to get to the diner. It’s something that can get my mind off work for a few minutes. Don’t have to work for another hour, but it takes about thirty minutes to get through the sidewalk traffic.

I sigh as I walk a small smile on my lips as I make my way toward the Diner. My Diner uniform is in the bag I carry along with me. I’ll just change in the bathroom of the diner. One more job today. I think about it a moment, unsure if I actually have to go in tonight. I shake my head, realizing how easy it was to lose track of the day. I nod quietly, I was sure I didn’t have to. I take in a short breath, a giggle escaping my lips. Working was my life. I couldn’t do anything more than that or would lose the apartment. Take in a deep breath as I walk into the Diner. There are hellos from some of the waitresses. I giggle quietly, waving at their hellos. I walk to the locker-room, closing the door and locking it behind me. I‘ve still got the change. There’s not much time to though, so I’ve got to hurry.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:04 am

Sometimes I did enjoy to blast of my radio while I drove. It did bring a sense of relaxation into my world. I checked the watch and I certainly had some time for some coffee. Of course I’d go to the same one I always did go to. It was right on my way to work. There were days that I would arrive just when they are opening, and everything is 100% fresh. Just how I loved it most. Plus, I would be like the first client and the shop would feel like it was all for myself while I was there.
    I parked my car, got out and headed inside. I wondered if I would see Vanessa around this time or not. I know she does take lunch shift but who knows right?
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:11 am

The diner will open soon. It’s early and that loss of sleep the night before made it even harder to keep concentrated. I walked behind the counter, making me a piece of pie as was my morning ritual. It’s an everyday thing since about two weeks ago. It’s just enough to get me through the morning and lunch crowds. I turn, starting the coffee machine, and turning on the juice machine. Savannah is busy rewriting the breakfast specials on the chalkboard as I hear the last group of hellos to waitress that will most likely be late.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:59 pm

The shop was still closed, I checked my watch and smiled. it would be opened in just about five minutes though. I didn't like waiting much, but i did want my coffee from here, so I guess I had no choice but to wait till the locks were taken off and allowed people to go ahead and come in.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Vanessa, what station do you have? I hear the sounds of someone walking up behind me. I turn the smile on my lips. I had to be nice here, so it was only time that I flipped the little switch that made it so.

“I’ve got the counter” I hear the grunt as I feel the girl turn on heel. Apparently someone wanted the counter. She would probably get it tomorrow, when she complained enough to get it.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:16 pm

(i think im confused...and i at the same place? lol >.< FAIL)
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:41 pm

We are at the same place. When I posted that last night, I was kinda delusional from fever. You can just start from the Diner opening or I can edit the post.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:47 pm