Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Running from the Pain

Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Running from the Pain - Page 3 Empty Running from the Pain

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Me:

I’m twenty five, with a 'nice' husband and no children. South Carolina is a place I’ve called home my whole life. Now that we’ve gotten another house, our two year anniversary is coming up. We met each other in a rather sweet situation. A friend hooked me up with the handsome, well-off Mr. Lewis and only a few months after, we were Mr. and Mrs. Jack Lewis.

Lately, we haven’t been just the perfect couple. We’ve fought and Jack has been getting bored. He only hit me a few times at first, and he said he was sorry. I forgave him, but every few days he would get right back to where we were before. The last few times, he’d left bruises. This time it’s even worse, he pushed me down the stairs, causing me to break my collar bone.

Of course, he threatened me. If I said anything he would find a ditch for me. That’s when I knew I couldn’t stand it anymore. I waited until I was fully healed, taking the beatings and the insults until there was nothing holding me back.

I made sure everything was ready for me. I had a friend from work drive with me up to the caverns in the mountains. I made sure I had everything; A pair of scissors, hair dye, and color changing contacts. I stashed them all in a small hole in the wall before having her take me back to my abusive home.

This is where my story begins. I ask my husband if he would be so kind as to take us on a walk through the caverns. I’ve done my research, knowing that many people have gotten lost in the caves. I make sure I know exactly where I’m going. I’ll be in a cavern that he’ll never find me in.

Of course, I go down first, being ‘excited’ and as we get farther down in the cave I slip. I had the only lamp, making sure that I break it as I fall into the safety of the caverns below. Jack calls for me, but there is no response and he grows frantic and exits the cave the way he’s come to call the police; to get help.

My friend picked me up once I got out of the cave. She took me out of the city, to a hotel. There she had her friend cut my hair, dye it. There I was made to change clothes, to change styles altogether. I felt like on a free woman. She went back home, and left her friend, who could be trusted, take me many states over. I made it to New York, and I knew I could hide there.

. . .

You:

You on the other hand live in New York City. You’ve got no family, and you’ve been up here looking for a different line of work. You’ve been working in normal, black tie offices since you got here about 8 months ago. You go to work, go to a small diner to eat lunch, and retreat back to your cubicle. You want a different job; an escape; anything to get you out of this dull life and into the light! That is what you came to New York for after all.

A few months after the same, rude Brooklyn waitresses, a new girl comes on shift. She’s got a nice southern accent that seems to catch the ears of all the regulars. Of course, you are just another customer to her, another tip left on the table now and again. One day, you decide to talk to her, see if she’ll tell you a story or anything about her. You don’t like her; you’re just curious. What happens when you talk to her? Will she just see you as another tip, or will she actually talk to you?

. . .

This is where we begin. It’s been about a month since I started working in a diner and it’s the beginning of the lunch rush. It’s also the day you decide to talk to me.

. . .

Rules:

1. I expect more than just one or two lines. I want BIG posts
    2. I want good grammar, Capitalization, and no "My bfs gfs bro" stuff
    3. Girls are okay Very Happy
    4. I expect an Up-to-par Roleplayer and Bio
    5. Be a good sport
    6. I'm not about to 'do' you
    7. I do curse a little bit
    8. Later on in the roleplay, there will be violent bits, I need someone who can play out a fight scene without him/her being the hulk

Last edited by Faith Wynters on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Running from the Pain - Page 3 Empty Re: Running from the Pain

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:22 pm

The bustle had begun. It really wasn’t as busy as normal because of the time, but once it got later, the more drinking there would be. There was so much to be doing. There was so many drinks to be made. I take in a deep breath as I pull myself back toward the shakers. We were having boys running us drink glasses already. I took in a deep breath, a smile on my lips. They were ordering and we were providing.

“Hey baby, that dress would look great on my bedroom floor”
    The voice seems to yell over all others and I fell something strike me a little farther back than even I would have expected as I’m bending down below the bar to get more Rum for an order. I shoot back up, rum bottle in hand as I look for the culprit. The man is leaning over the bar still a smirk on his lip.'

I raise a hand up. This bar has a Look, no touch policy. It’s as simple as that. A bouncer walks up coolly, grabbing the man by his arms. I smirk quietly, giving a wave as the man leave.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI
    The Happy Latin Dutch Italian

Post by Al THLDI Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:41 am

I noticed the bar section since apparently it has more attention than it usually had. One of the bouncers was actually making order over there. I saw the bartender and I nudged Roger. "Hey isn't that the pretty southern girl from the coffee spot?" Roger turned to face where I was pointing. He nodded, "Yeah seems like it's her. Seems like someone had gotten handsy." I nodded and pulled him towwards the bar. "She is incredibly beautiful and fresh meat in town. Makes her a target." Roger laughed, "And don't tell me...You will be on the hunt?" I ignored his remark. "What's her name?" I asked him. "Vanessa I think." He replied.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:02 pm

The hole that was created when the man was dragged off was filled with a young woman. I smile, running across the bar as I looked to her. The rush wasn’t as rushing as normal, so I actually had time to flirt and talk up tips from the customers.
    “What can I get you?” I began drying a martini glass as she looked to the menu above my head. It didn’t say our full menu, just the wines mostly. She pauses a moment. She looks to me, a small smile on her lips. She flicks me forward, leaning toward the bar. I lean in, apparently she doesn’t want anyone to know what she’s saying.

“I want something that’ll make guys ask me what I’m drinking. Conversation starter, you know?” I hum quietly, “Oh and something with vodka in it” That narrows my choices a little bit. I think about it a moment before smiling to her.

“I’ll make you a Rasberri Kicker” I smile at her before turning and walking to the Highball glasses behind me. I choose one of them before turning and walking back to the ice maker. I fill it with ice before walking back to the girl. I give her a smile, placing the glass in front of the girl.
    “Cranberry” I mutter to myself, leaning over to open the mini fridge that held the fresh fruit juices. I pick the correct one, pulling myself back above the bar. I pour the right ratio before turning and searching the lines of booze. I sigh, looking over.

“Dallas, where’s the Stoli’s?” He perks up at his name as he’s pouring a bright colored liquid into a Martini glass. He looks around before pointing to the bottle that seemed to be in plain sight. I laughed quietly before snatching up the bottle and bringing it back to the girl, I watch the girl as I fill the rest of the glass with vodka.

“There ya go, honey. Seven bucks” I grin to her. She slaps a ten on the bar. I smile, turning to get change.

“Keep the rest and if this works, I’ll be back for more.” She winks at me before turning and leaving.

"Well Ya'll come back then, ya hear?" I pull the money off the bar, walking to the register at the corner. I hurry and charge everything and take my tip.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:06 pm

I pulled Roger with me towards the bar. "Hey beautiful, give me a bourbon highball, and for this guy, "I winked and pointed at Roger, "Vodka and soda." Roger just raised an eyebrow at me as I ordered.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:35 pm

Two others fill the girl’s space. I look them up and down before I smile. They’re the two that tipped me nicely. I take in a deep breath, a smile on my lips. She calls me beautiful. You can tell they’re somewhat related. She seems to flirt more than the male and something about that makes me smile.

“Bourbon High Ball, Vodka and soda? You got it” I wink at her before turning and walking to get the highball glasses. I fill them both with ice, letting them slide onto the bar counter. I rise back up, looking to the girl.

“Do you want the carbonated water or ginger ale? We do it either way here” I don’t stop working, even if I to look to her; Vodka, Club Soda, Lime and Lemon. It wasn’t that hard to do by memory. As I stir the Lemon and the Lime in the bottom, I begin pouring the bourbon into the other glass.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:15 pm

"Ginger ale please." I smirked at her. I liked it that she knew there was a difference. Some places they don't bother ask and assume. Roger smiled at Vanessa and waited for his drink.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:34 pm

I smirk at them both. I was glad that I could multi-task like I could. I just finished up both of their drinks, placing the lemon twist on the top of her drink and a lemon and lime wedge on his. I look to them both a moment, before passing them over.
    “Eight Fifty” I look at them both a moment before leaning on the bar. I had no other customers, just a few people sitting there, drinking their whiskeys. “Ain’t that just the strangest things? We see each other twice in the same day, huh? That’s about as rare as Snow in Georgia” I laugh quietly, running a hand through my hair.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:59 pm

"Then I sure must grant myself as a lucky one to get a chance." I was about to take my wallet out when Roger stopped me. "You paid last time." He said as he handed the money to Vanessa.I sat on a stool, relaxed against thee bar as I tasted my drink. She did it perfectly. "Mmmm...Just how I love it." Roger was looking towards the crowd, studying everyone. It was an old habit of his that he aquired in jail. "So Vanessa, that's your name right? What brought a beautiful southern lady like yourself up north?"
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:24 pm

She speaks of how she’s lucky and I chuckle quietly. I notice that the male, Roger or something like that. He seems to be looking through the crowds instead of joining in to the conversation. I wait a moment before looking back. She’s spoken. I smile, flushing as I looked the girl over once more. She had asked about my past, I was still uneasy about it. I refused to talk about it. I took in a deep breath as I watched her drink.

“Well, I’ve lived in South Carolina all my life. My parents got a divorce and so I moved away to get away from their drama. I just, somehow ended here”
    I laugh at the idea, I always changed the story so no one person got the same story. “No one around here talks like I do though…Everyone thinks I’m a tourist for some reason” I laugh quietly as someone comes up to the bar.

“What can I get you?” I had walked up to the male and by the time I had gotten the words out, he speaks.

“Shot of Whiskey” He’s voice is hard as I turn, grabbing a shot glass.“Make it two” I look back a moment before nodding and pulling out another glass. I pour the two shots before smiling.

“Seven Dollars” I wait a moment as he fiddles with his money. He gives me eight and gives me a smile.

“Get you something nice” He winks, and I shove the dollar in my pocket, making my way back to the girl.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:33 pm

I saw her walk away to attend a gentleman and then she came back towards me." Oh I see. My apologies if I may be a bit too straight forward, but with a sweet accent like that, aa bodyy like yours and..." I take a peak over the bar seeing her feet. "Being crazy enough to wear heels like those for work in New York..Kind of screams 'Not from around' or 'New girl in town' you see." I chuckled and took another sip of my drink. "Let me buy you something to drink? Seeing that my drinking buddy seemed to space out as usual..." I looked at Roger , nudged him, and he slightly turned to face us and rolled his eyes at me and gave a small smile. "Sorry, it's a habit. What did I miss?" He asked as he completly faced towards the bar.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:18 pm

The girl is straight-forward as she speaks. She’s hitting on me and she’s hitting hard. I laugh quietly as the male turns around, he seems to be watching, as if someone’s going to walk up to us and something’ll happen. I shake the thought from my head. I smile at the two of them

“Your…cousin, was it? Was trying to buy me a drink” I smile at them both. Someone comes and sits at the bar. “I can’t drink until I get off shift.” I give her an apologetic look before I turn and walk toward the man that was taking the shots. I stop a moment, turning back to her. “But I get off at Ten” I smile quietly, before continuing to the man. His eyes are low as he looks up to me. He gives me a smile before straightening up.

“Give me a beer and I’ll be out of your hair.” I nod as I turn, walking toward the beer cooler.

“What kind?” I turn back a smile on my lips. He thinks a moment, nodding as he looks around.

Michelob Light” I quickly pull it out before walking back to the man. He throws down a five, not caring about how much it costs. “Keep it” He speaks simply, scrambling to his feet. He slips lightly and I jerk to try to catch him.

You catch a cab, you hear? Don’t try to drive home” I have over a bouncer. He walks over calmly, looking to me, wondering what’s wrong. “Make sure he gets in a cab, alright? Don’t want him hurtin’ no one” I smile and he nods. Apparently he had been buying drinks from Dallas too.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:36 am

"Guess we will have to wait till ten for you." I said.
    Roger laughed and rolled his eyes, "She is quite the flirt when she sees someone that she likes." I quirked a brow at Roger and sipped more of my drink before I faced Vanessa and smiled at her before she headed off to attend another client. When she came back I was laughing lightly. "Youu sure have to have some people skills to put up with blokes like them."
    "Yeah and imagine flirts like you..." Roger mumbles with a grin. I glared at him.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:22 am

As I came back around, the girl speaks just as the bouncer walks off with the male. You can hear him crashing through the place as he walks to the door. It’s not very far, but he slips often. I laugh quietly as I look back to the girl. The relative speaks, but I’m not sure what he says.

“Well, when ya’ grow up where I did, you have to be able to deal with people” I laugh as I lean against the bar.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:59 pm

"I see, well that's nice. Roger and I aren't from around here either, but we blend in well enough." I smiled at her.
    "You think you blend in?" Roger chuckled. "You do know you're weird with the way you dress sometimes."
    I punched him playfully. "You are so inside the box. I'm normal. It's everyone else that are weird for thinking I'm weird. I'm crazy I won't deny that." I grinned at him and he just shook his head and laughed.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:11 pm

The two seem to be caught up in their own little conversation and I slip off. I wasn’t sure what time it was, but I knew that soon the place would start to fill out. It was like a new group came in every few hours. It was about time for my shift to end, as I bend below the bar to grab my purse. I pull it open, finding the phone in the watch in t side pocket. I wait a moment before pulling myself up. Not too long. I smiled to myself as I pushed toward a woman that was setting on the bar stool at the end of the bar.

Can I help you?” I look to the girl as I make sure to listen to their conversation that the two were having at the opposite side of the bar. I smile lightly as the girl leans in. She points to the Wine Cooler being displayed in the chiller. I smiled, nodding as I turned, pulling a bottle out of the cooler. “There ya go. Enjoy your night” I smile, sliding it across the bar. “Three Fifty” She smiles, placing the amount on the bar before escaping off. I place the money in the register before walking back to the two.

“Are you two still fighting? I don’t think she’s weird, I think she’s more…” I laugh quietly, shaking my head as I start to wipe down the bar. I was on the clock, I had to keep busy.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:41 pm

"No wee stopped." I gave Roger a warning glare. "So I'm more what?" I grinned asking curiously.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:59 pm

I laughed quietly. She seems too interested in what I think of her. I only smile shaking my head. I won’t give her the satisfaction of knowing so easily.
    “I don’t know what you’re talking about” I speak simply, turning to throw the sticky rag in the sink.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:53 pm

I smirked. I liked her response in spite of my curiosity. I checked my watch. "Well the dance floor is calling." I winked. "Hope you join after you shift." I turned to face Roger, "Ry, coming?" He shook his head. "You dance like a dork. You really got to be kidding me if I'll be seen with you." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes. "I'm just too cool for you." I took off.
    "Another one please." Roger asked Vanessa handing her his empty glass.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:05 pm

The girl seems to be interested in the dance floor, but the male knows better. I laugh quietly as they seem to go back and forth with each other as if they’re trying to one up each other. I smile as he asks for another drink. I nod, taking the glass and putting it in the bucket marked ‘Dirty’ for them to come and pick up once we’ve been filled up some more.

"You've got it" I grab another Highball glass, beginning to prepare the same drink as before. I watch as t girl walks away, wondering exactly if she does dance like a dork.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Roger took his drink, tasted it as he looked at Vanessa. "Thank you." He turned to face me. I was already dancing, I faced him back and stuck my tongue and pulled out some old school 70's and 80's dance moves. Roger laughed. I turned my back to find myself with a guy asking to dance along. I quirked an eyebrow and went along with it, this time lost the dork moves and swayed along with the music as how I felt it come to me. Roger turned back to face Vanessa, "Wow, she picked a guy up with her dorkiness."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:57 pm

It’s not long before the girl has a man around her, almost breathing down her neck as they dance. I look to Roger, a small smile on my lips. His words make me laugh and I shake my head. Her dancing wasn’t the best in the beginning, I could give him that.

“Well, she’s you’re relative. It might be in her blood” I tease as I lean down to check the time once more. Only ten more minutes until I could clock out. I smiled, raising myself up.

“I’ve got to go cash out the register.” I pointed down the bar, hoping to show him that I wanted someone to talk to. I didn’t say anything more as I turned, walking down the bar to the register. I began the moment I got to the machine, pushing buttons and counting money.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:03 pm

Roger had gotten the hint as Vanessa pointed down where the cash register was. He moved to that side and leaned against the bar. "Pfft... I think I was adopted one from the family."

The guy that was dancing with me was pretty much asking for a bit more than just the dancing. I placed my hand firmly on his chest and he started brushing his nose against mine and havin his lipps seek mine. I just grinned but made sure I didn't grant him the accesse.

Roger was half way through his drink. "Your shift nearly over?"
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:27 pm

I seem to be caught by what’s happening on the dance floor. I had learned that you didn’t just find someone and trust them. I shook my head. I had realized that this woman might not be who I wanted to have drinks with. It just proves that you never know who you’re actually talking to until they show you real colors. I sighed, being called from my thoughts by the male. I looked to him, a small smile on my lips.

“I have the count out all this money to make sure it matches what the register says I’m supposed to have. Then I can count out” I begin counting some of the dollars. We usually didn’t get much change so tonight I only had to count bills. I caught myself watching the dance floor a lot more than usual.

“Gosh I wish tomorrow was my day off” I mutter quietly as I pull the receipt off, signing it.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Sometimes men were far too easy. They bored the hell out of me. I never felt like I could click with them, but it amused yet disgusted me all the same.

"You have work again at the shop?" Roger asked noticing that Vanessa looked constantly at the dance floor. "You know she really just loves the music and dance but she's not enjoying her partner at all." He chuckled.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:43 pm

The only thing I hear is talking. Nothing more. I grunt as I look away from the girl who’s still dancing, letting her lips almost touch those of the man’s before pulling away. She was teasing him, but if she gave is what would happen? A one night stand? Or would she stay with such a man that she barely knew, like I had so stupidly done so many months ago. I look over as he speaks about not enjoying her partner. I look back to the register a moment before back up to the man.

“Yeah, I guess” I shrug as I lean down to pull my purse and items above, onto the bar. My replacement’s in the back probably, waiting for me. I smile, giving the man a weak. I lean in more, a small sly smile on my lips.

“Let me go clock out, I’ll be back” I wink, turning and walking into the back room. The replacement’s there. It’s a male this time, and for a moment, I think there might only be two women on shifts as tenders here. I sigh quietly, pulling my card out of the small holder, before sliding it through the small slot. I wait a moment before walking to the bathroom. This was a routine. I straighten up before walking back out onto the floor. I usually went home after this. I had to wake up early for my shift at the grocery store. After that, I had to work at the diner. It was hell, but it was only one more day. I sighed quietly, taking in a deep breath. I walked over to Roger. I could deal with being tired one day before going to work. I had to survive. That’s what I was doing.

“It seems like this isn’t really your scene, darling” I smile, glancing out to Monica, who seemed to enjoy her Man-toy enough.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:12 am