Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Running from the Pain

Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Running from the Pain - Page 4 Empty Running from the Pain

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Me:

I’m twenty five, with a 'nice' husband and no children. South Carolina is a place I’ve called home my whole life. Now that we’ve gotten another house, our two year anniversary is coming up. We met each other in a rather sweet situation. A friend hooked me up with the handsome, well-off Mr. Lewis and only a few months after, we were Mr. and Mrs. Jack Lewis.

Lately, we haven’t been just the perfect couple. We’ve fought and Jack has been getting bored. He only hit me a few times at first, and he said he was sorry. I forgave him, but every few days he would get right back to where we were before. The last few times, he’d left bruises. This time it’s even worse, he pushed me down the stairs, causing me to break my collar bone.

Of course, he threatened me. If I said anything he would find a ditch for me. That’s when I knew I couldn’t stand it anymore. I waited until I was fully healed, taking the beatings and the insults until there was nothing holding me back.

I made sure everything was ready for me. I had a friend from work drive with me up to the caverns in the mountains. I made sure I had everything; A pair of scissors, hair dye, and color changing contacts. I stashed them all in a small hole in the wall before having her take me back to my abusive home.

This is where my story begins. I ask my husband if he would be so kind as to take us on a walk through the caverns. I’ve done my research, knowing that many people have gotten lost in the caves. I make sure I know exactly where I’m going. I’ll be in a cavern that he’ll never find me in.

Of course, I go down first, being ‘excited’ and as we get farther down in the cave I slip. I had the only lamp, making sure that I break it as I fall into the safety of the caverns below. Jack calls for me, but there is no response and he grows frantic and exits the cave the way he’s come to call the police; to get help.

My friend picked me up once I got out of the cave. She took me out of the city, to a hotel. There she had her friend cut my hair, dye it. There I was made to change clothes, to change styles altogether. I felt like on a free woman. She went back home, and left her friend, who could be trusted, take me many states over. I made it to New York, and I knew I could hide there.

. . .

You:

You on the other hand live in New York City. You’ve got no family, and you’ve been up here looking for a different line of work. You’ve been working in normal, black tie offices since you got here about 8 months ago. You go to work, go to a small diner to eat lunch, and retreat back to your cubicle. You want a different job; an escape; anything to get you out of this dull life and into the light! That is what you came to New York for after all.

A few months after the same, rude Brooklyn waitresses, a new girl comes on shift. She’s got a nice southern accent that seems to catch the ears of all the regulars. Of course, you are just another customer to her, another tip left on the table now and again. One day, you decide to talk to her, see if she’ll tell you a story or anything about her. You don’t like her; you’re just curious. What happens when you talk to her? Will she just see you as another tip, or will she actually talk to you?

. . .

This is where we begin. It’s been about a month since I started working in a diner and it’s the beginning of the lunch rush. It’s also the day you decide to talk to me.

. . .

Rules:

1. I expect more than just one or two lines. I want BIG posts
    2. I want good grammar, Capitalization, and no "My bfs gfs bro" stuff
    3. Girls are okay Very Happy
    4. I expect an Up-to-par Roleplayer and Bio
    5. Be a good sport
    6. I'm not about to 'do' you
    7. I do curse a little bit
    8. Later on in the roleplay, there will be violent bits, I need someone who can play out a fight scene without him/her being the hulk

Last edited by Faith Wynters on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI
    The Happy Latin Dutch Italian

Running from the Pain - Page 4 Empty Re: Running from the Pain

Post by Al THLDI Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:57 pm

Roger nodded as Vanessa left and laughed doftly wwhen he saw me pushing the guy away again. When Vanessa came back he faced her, "I actually just enjoy 'this'" he said. I was looking at Roger and notice Vanessa was out. "Hold it there." I completly stepped away from the guy. "I'm going for a drink." The man tried to hold me back but I twisted his hand a bit. He mumbled something as I walked away. I carried a smug smile. "Hey there." I said more to Vanessa than Roger."Missed me?" I punched Roger softly on the arm and then looked back at Vanessa.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:16 pm

I nod quietly at his response as he turns toward me. I smile quietly, a smile on my lips. The girl seems to notice us. I close my eyes a moment before looking back to the dance floor a moment. Monica notices me and pushes the man away. I smile as she comes closer. She punches Roger and I laugh.

“Actually, he was keeping me rather company” I smile as I pull myself off the bar. I didn’t feel like having a hangover tomorrow. I decided on one drink and after making so many, I didn’t even know what I wanted.

“So, I think someone promised me a drink?” I wink at her, sitting on one of the barstools, crossing my legs as I watch them two.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:48 pm

"Yes I did, now what can I get you?" I smiled as I leaned on the bar ready to order her drink along with mine. "Well ladies, I have someone waiting for me so, I'll leave you too." He took his last sip from his drink. "Text me when you get home Mon."
    "Sure. Meeting with Mari?" I asked him. He didn't reply and walked off.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:55 pm

My smile forms into a smirk and I look up to the bar. I don’t know why I do, I know everything on the menu. I simply look to her, a small, sly smile on my lips.

“You decide what a girl like me would want” I speak simply, uncrossing and recrossing my legs as I watch her. I look over to Roger as he says his goodbyes. I wink, a smile on my lips.
    “Have a good’un, okay hun?” He turns after Monica questions him, and I laugh quietly, turning back to the bar.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:20 am

Once Roger left I looked at Vanessa. She sure was something to look at. I grinned at her comment. "I'm a terrible guesser but we'll see." I faced the bar and called out the man who had replaced Vanessa. "Give me Bourbon highball and for the beautiful lady next to me, let's try out the Hurricane please." I faced her again,back facing the bar my elbows resting as support on it. "I hope you do like it."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:39 am

“Dear lord” I speak quietly, my cheeks flushing as she orders our drinks. I was sure I would only be having one drink. A hurricane? She was trying to get me drunk. I laughed quietly, shaking my head as she turns back towards me. “I can tell someone’s trying to get me tipsy” I giggle, folding my legs over each other.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:18 pm

I grinned. "You've worked all day, and just one won't hurt." I shrugged and turned when the bartender was ready to charge me. I handed him the cash, took the drinks and handed Vanessa's hers."Cheers." I raised my glass towards hers.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:34 pm

I mile as she hands me my drink. It was nice that I could relax. I couldn’t afford drinks like this, no way, not even working three jobs. Rent was too high, even when you lived in the slum of apartments. I sighed quietly, taking in a deep breath. The drink was cool in my hands, making me sigh. I raise up my glass a moment before I pull the straw up to my lips, taking a long sip. The alcohol burns my throat as it goes down, but it feels nice. It feels good to be able to relax for once.
    “I needed this” I giggle,
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:16 pm

I nodded, "Thought so." I enjoyed my drink as well as the view. I moved a bit closer to her. "Must say you are quite captivating." I tilted my head to a side, studying her a bit. "There's a whole lot mote about you from what you say there is."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:28 pm

It’s been awhile since I was able to drink like this. I nodded and she turns to me. I flush at her words. The first through that comes to me is my past, but there’s no way that she can know about that. I simply look down at my drink, my lips curling into a smile.

“I guess you could say that, but really, there’s not a lot more about me than you see.” I look to the ground, a sigh on my lips.

“I work three jobs, barely make enough to survive. Working is my living” I take another long drink. I can tell that the alcohol is getting to me. I can tell that it’s making me talkative and sometimes you just can’t shut me up.
    “So no, there’s not really much to hide”
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:40 pm

"Eyes never lie dear. If you allow it, I want to know more about you." I grinned, "lIn everyy possible manner." I sippped my drink. "Three jobs, that's quite a lot."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:54 pm

She was sure trying to hit it hard. I could only flush. I didn’t do one night stands, it really wasn’t my thing. I smirked, looking up to her. I could lead her on a bit though. I watched her a moment. Three jobs didn’t seem as much when you got in that bed at night, it simply made you rest more. I didn’t come to seek pity, nor was I going to cry myself to sleep at night over my problems.
    “Eyes have seen a lot more than I have done” I smile quietly. She’s hinting at my past and for a moment, my stomach does flips. What if she’s a private detective? You always had to be careful, he was looking for me, I knew he was. There was no way he would just accept that I was dead, especially when the insurance denied the claim on life insurance.

“So what about you? There’s more to you than meets the eye. I think I’d rather hear something exciting than me droning on about nothing, eh?”
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:29 am

"My eyes have seen all too much, and I've done more than half from what my eyes has see." I paused for a second, "It's all in the past, and I got a feeling you will agree with this. The past is the past for a reason. What happened can't be undone." I shrugged. "All you got is now and beyond, and so far I like what I got so far. A lady who most definitly will want to dance with me." I grinned at her, set my glass aside and extended my hand towards her.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:29 am

She was right, the past was the past. Why did I dwell on it so much? I sighed; I was being stupid; the drink was getting to me. There was still always that little chance that Jack would find me. For all I knew, there was a P.I. looking for me right now. I wouldn’t doubt it. He always said he would find me. I looked up to the girl and my smile widened. She wanted to dance. I laughed quietly, hopping off the barstool. I grin at her as I take her hand, but only because I haven’t been able to dance since I’ve been in New York City.

"Shall we then?" I grin at her, taking her outstreatched hand.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:45 am

I smiled taking her hand, "I got the mmoves like Jagger." I winked at her ppulling her to the dance floor. In reality I'm ver shy so that's the reason why I need to start like a dork to help me loosen up. Even yet I'm shy especially when I was with a woman dancing. I'd get nervous, and not sure what to do exactly. It becomes a challenge an inner battle which was exciting and made it worthwhile once I accomplished passing and bbreaking down my own walls. Men bored me because I had no interest in them. It was easy to pretend.Wwomen, yeah that was a whole different story but loved it.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:23 am

I laugh quietly as we walk toward the dance floor. Her allusion was amusing and I could tell that she was trying to loosen me up. I couldn’t dance. I didn’t even know what I was doing walking onto the floor. I worked in clubs like these for a reason, I couldn’t do anything more than that. So when I got on the floor, I would just have to let my body go.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:42 pm

The music was playing loud as usual, the lighting on the dance floor changed to a more dinamic state. I looked at her, grinned and I started moving along with the bbeat of, my hands went to her waist since I noticed her slight insecurity.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:51 pm

She noticed that I wasn’t exactly prepared to dance. Actually, I couldn’t believe I had let her walk me ot here. I smile quietly, my eyes closing. I let my body simply move, however it feels like moving. My cheeks are flushed. She probably thinks I’m horrible at dancing. She’s probably embarrassed. I open my eyes, looking to her
    “Sorry” I whisper quietly, knoing that she probably can't hear me.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:31 pm

I had noticed she tried saying something to me, but with the music booming loud it was impossible to hear. I moved myself closer against her and guided her to my rythme. I shut my eyes enjoying the music, and her aswell. She smelled considerably good and I liked it, maybe a bit too much.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:47 pm

I can tell she doesn’t hear me because she doesn’t respond. She closes her eyes, leaning in more. We are rather close now, and before I know what’s actually going on, I’m matching her sway. I can’t help but smile. Something about this girl made it feel right to have hands on my waist again.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:55 pm

I temptively grazed my nose on her side of her neck occationaly as we danced. I enjoyed dancing with her unlike my previous dancing partner. I liked how at ease she was with me. A slow smile formed on my lips. The music started to pick up a beat. I pulled away slightly, took her hands in mine and moved with the beat.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:13 pm

I feel a skin on skin contact that sends chills up my spine. I know that I have to keep her from getting what she wants. The next time she does it, I promise myself I’ll pull away. Of course, I never get that chance. Before I can really get a chance to show her I’m not just a random one night stand, the music picks up its tempo and we pull apart, beginning to dance to a different beat.

I feel something vibrate in the back pocket of the jean/leggings I have on. I curse quietly pulling away to pull out my phone. It’s an alarm, telling me that if I’m not at the station soon, I’ll have to wait until midnight to get back to my apartment. I look up to the girl, unsure at how I should end this. I had just begun to have fun and this has to burst in. I sigh quietly, shaking my head. I would wait a few minutes, then run my butt up the block to get to the subway.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Her face expression had changed a bit and didn't go by amissed. "Are you alright?" I asked her as I leaned close to her ear.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:35 pm

She leans in close and I sigh. I know that I have to tell her. She’s caught my change in emotion, now it’s just time to see exactly how she reacts; it’s time to see what I am to her. I smile at her, a sincere ‘I’m sorry’ smile.
    “I’m sorry. I-I have ta go darlin’. I have-ta catch the Subway to my apartment or I’ll have to take a taxi and god knows I can’t afford one of them!” I sigh quietly as I speak into her ear so she can hear me over the loud music.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:54 pm

I nodded. I hadn't realized how late it had gotten. I pulled her away from the dance floor, so I wouldn't have to be yellling in her ear anymore. "Let me take you home. You'll get there faster with me than the subway, plus it's safer and you'll get a few more minutes of sleep." I smiled.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:19 pm