Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+6
Burn It
Capri
Jesseses
Danny
Brandon
Howl City
10 posters

Night World Roleplay

Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Read Me Night World Roleplay

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Group Roleplay
    Night World Roleplay
    Please repost with only permission on the condition that you have to credit Earthbound, the original creator.
    This roleplay is based off the Night World series by L.J. Smith. However, I made certain changes to the plot to fit it into a roleplay format since the last novel has not been released yet.

The series presents a story in which vampires, witches, werewolves and shape-shifters live among us humans without our knowledge. These supernatural races make up a secret society known as the Night World, which enforces two fundamental laws to prevent discovery: 1) Never allow humans to gain knowledge of the Night World's existence and, 2) Never fall in love with one of them.
    That rule was broken many times when the ‘Soulmate principle’ came back. Often mentioned in the series, the soulmate principal is the theory that if two people are connected by a silver mental cord (the silver cord can only be seen by the soulmates), they are soulmates. The silver cord can also be used to sense what his/her soulmate is feeling. The soulmates are drawn to each other and can sense each other’s feelings and thoughts mentally.

Species Overview:
    Vampires: There are two types of vampires in the Night World. Lamia and ‘made vampires’. Wood and fire acts as poison to all Vampires.

Lamia: Lamia is the term in this series for those who are born as vampires. They age, eat and grow as humans do, but also have the ability to stop the aging process at any point they please; however, once a lamia that has stopped aging decides to begin aging again, the aging process will be accelerated so that their physical appearance will match their true age in a short amount of time. Also, the Lamia are able to have children, unlike the "made vampires"

Made vampires: Made vampires are humans that have been made into vampires by exchanging blood with lamia or with another made vampire. Since older people cannot survive the physical transition, all made vampires look about age nineteen or younger. Also, unlike lamia vampires, made vampires do not age, eat and cannot reproduce.

*During the blood exchange between a vampire and a human, if the human dies before the blood is completely exchanged, they will awaken as a ghoul, where their only aim in life is to kill and eat(In essence, ghouls are zombies)

Werewolves: Silver and fire acts as poison to all Werewolves. Like vampires, werewolves can be born as such and also be made. Unlike vampires, werewolves must kill every time they feed because they need to consume organs. Thus, Night World law states that werewolves can only kill and eat animals. In the Night World, werewolves are treated as second-class citizens and are the victims of prejudice and racism. Werewolves are actually a branch of Shapeshifters. However, werewolves make the majority of shapeshifters and therefore is considered a different race. They are stronger than vampires, especially on a full moon but is slower and controlled by their instincts. Werewolves often have low intelligence.

Witches: Witches practice magic with the aid of herbs, gemstones, effigies and incantations, all of which may be used in a spell. However their magic is innate and does not always require external aids, although these can accentuate their power. They most commonly use ‘witchfire’ as their primary weapon which is a fully visible, orange ball of energy that they shoot out from their hands by concentrating their magic. Witchfire, when fired is essentially a fireball that can hit objects with the force of a football player. However, witches can fire only so many of these balls. Witches do not have super-strength or super-speed and iron acts as poison in their blood.

Shapeshifters: Shapeshifters had control of the world long before witches and vampires. Their leaders were known as "Dragons", beings that could change into the form of any animal as long as they have had physical contact to that animal.To kill a dragon you must take off all of its horns. Normally shapeshifters can only change into one pre-determined animal form, such as hawks, bears and panthers. Silver acts as poison in shapeshifters.

Groups:
    Circle Daybreak: Normally, circles only consist of witches but since the apocalypse has been drawing near, circles now represent any groups of Night People. Circle Daybreak wants to bring peace between the Night People and humans and also prevent the other Night People from killing. Every witch on the planet has now joined Circle Daybreak. Meanwhile, only a fraction of vampires, werewolves have joined Circle Daybreak. Every shapeshifter, except Dragons and Werewolves have joined as well.

Circle Midnight: Wants nothing more than death of humans. Composed of the majority of Vampires and Werewolves left on Earth. Dragons, the shapeshifters that can turn into any creature they’ve had physical contact with ( animals, different human individuals, you name it) are also part of Circle Midnight. Dragons can also, incidentally shapeshift into dragons.

Circle Midnight has declared war on every human and circle daybreak and has been killing everything in sight for the past few days. The world is on a war, a war between humanity and otherworldly creatures. The Night People simply regenerate if not killed by the substance that are poisonous to them. You could shoot them with bullets and not kill them unless it’s made of wood for vampires, silver for shapeshifters, etc. Bombs have proven to be useless and only caused more human casualties.
    So join as a member of one of the two circles and join as any of the Night creatures or a human. Fight for your cause and become the last one standing!

Lamia: Evony-Circle Midnight, Edward Circle Daybreak, Kristie-Circle Midnight
    Made vampires: Danny
    Werewolves: Lupus
    Witches: Violet Circle Daybreak
    Shapeshifters:
    Dragons: Landon ( Me)Circle Midnight

Soulmates: ___ &____ are soulmates
    ___&____
    ____&___

Last edited by Howl City on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Read Me Re: Night World Roleplay

Post by Danny Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:44 am

I stare at Kristie confused. She had killed her own army... But why? It had made no sence. I slowly get to my feet, watching at Kristie walks around. I wipe my nose, checking for any bleeding, before standing up right. "Thanks. I'd be gone had you not intervened," I smile to the girl, before walking to Evony.

I stop in front of her, starring at her, looking for something. "You do realize this is a war, right? Then why are you just standing there, doing shir all?" I ask annoyed, before walking off.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:46 am

"She's not apart of the Daybreakers..." I say to him as I stand behind Danny, "She is leading both you and Kristie on." A cold edge comes into my voice.

I had to get him to trust me so I could hover. I knew I was on the radar for this and soon the Arch's would be sent down from the mighty heavens above to come and kill me for all the wrong I'd done. I had to make this accusation quick and flawless.
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:59 am

Evony looked up at the moon, mentally acknowledging Kristie.
    "Because, maybe if you didn't act like such childish, war-crazed violent fools, this battle would end a lot quicker."

She raised an eyebrow at the girl, who was she fooling?
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:07 am

"War crazed? I'm sorry, but I hadn't asked for this war. I'm saving people, who do give two shits about anyone but themselves! I'm just a pawn here," I say to Evony. "But I do it because I have to save thoughs who can't save theirselves. So, if you think standing around is going to get you somewhere, be my guest," I tell her, annoyed at Evony. What was her problem?

Then the girl had said something about leading me on, but I was to angry to fully pay attention, not that I fully trusted her anyway.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:13 am

I could tell Danny was getting angry and I frown. This war was childish.

I heard a high pitch ringing and a light zaps across the sky...

Arch Angels...

I shudder, my eyes widening and I slip into my 6 year old form again.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:58 pm

The city side where the evacuation, was much further then I had originally thought. This is why they took so long to reach me when they were called. That, mixed with the dozens of different scents of blood on their lips – Stupid creatures, but not that stupid. I entered and open area, military vehicles and equipment stationed in a large parking lot that looked like the primary evacuation place. For the moment, I couldn’t here a single footstep, whimper, cry, heavy breath, it was nothing but silence. The living had most likely moved out of town, how many that may be, and the rest lay dead, as mortals or the New Borns. The thing with New Borns and changing people, was it was a 40-60 shot at success, appose to the 99% Lamia’s and experience Half Breeds had. They were weak and thirsty, so their abilities were also weakened. Those who did not survive the change just stayed dead.

And to my sights, that’s what had mostly happened. Decaying bodies were.. everywhere. They sprawled out on the empty streets and next to the vehicles they were probably ripped out of. From one changed girl, to 3 dozen New Borns, and nearly half the town dead. I stood still, shocked, surprised, and pleased. Less then half the town had escaped; enough to call this a success, maybe. Armies of the humans could be on their way, or they could be running, you never know.

Slowly, and open in sight I made my way to the forest that was began next to the river. I’d have to communicate hidden, to save her cover, if Evony should decide to come after all. If she doesn’t, I’ll assume there was no way to get away without suspicion, and would lead them away from me. I was in condition to fight or defend myself, something I neglected to tell her. Every New Born was running on adrenaline, thirsty and craving for blood. All their energy came to me, and the thirst they carried now effecting me. I needed to find someone living, or I would not have the strength for when dawn came in only a few hours.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:58 pm

I stare at Evony, waiting for something. I stand there, expecting an excuse or something, but she didn't say anything. Either she was not going to answer, or I was just to inpatient. Probably the latter. I being to laugh in disbelief, before backing away. My motions we exaggerated as I spoke "You know... It was nice fig-" I'm cut off by a voice. "Evony! Danny!"

My head snaps, seeing Steve, the werewolf general, walking down the street. He stepped over piles and blankets of te dead bodies of the new borns. "Hey Steve," I smile relief it was a friend. He was holding his left arm, and seemed to be bloody. That became apparent as he got closer. "Status report," I say, gliding my arms.

"The city is evacuated. What people we could evacuat are gone. But this wasn't a good day for us... As you can see," he tells us. I nod, give an agreeing noise. "Your to report back to base sometime withing 24 hours. If you can, help with clean up. Otherwise..." he trails off. "Evony would be good with that. Seems to be in prime condition," I say ignoring Evony's presence. I was allowed to be annoyed, wasn't I? I watch them for a moment before walking off towards base.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:49 pm

Danny was being irrational. She stared at him for a long time, planning an explanation. He began to say something, when Steve walked up.

She called after him ,knowing he would hear her, "Cool down before talking to me again, Daniel Carmichael." Her eyes flickered then she glanced at the girl, looking at the sky.

In an instant, she wasn't on the street anymore. Evony was simply gone. And her trail was untraceable to smell or sight. She didn't doubt the the girl would find her someway...if she cared.

Evony was now at the forest edge, by the river. She saw Kristie ahead.
    "My apologies, Daniel was...ranting." she said in an eery voice.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:04 pm

I rolled my eyesm playfully of course to her reasoning. "He does talk more then he should." I said with an amused atittude. I spoke without looking directly to hear, thinking that if any of them Daybreakers cared enough to follow her, or track her down, they'd be watching. I would just look like an average woman being stalked.

"The city has been whiped clean of feed, and I'm in a critical position." I began to explain. "The thirst of 3 dozen New Borns slowly seeping into me, I'm in trouble should I be attacked. I can get to the next town before daylight, but only if I'm not followed.. If someone could lure Daybreakers away for an hour, I'd get the head start I needed." I said, not being extremely subtle.

"Head quarters has set up a base there."
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:12 pm

I snort at her, walking towards the base before running to it. I reach the base fairly quickly, despite my lose in strength. Again I walk down the long corridor, being admitted into the base. However, it wasn't filled with screaming humans, and unneeded stress, like it had been perhaps an hour before. It felt almost eerie, seeing as it was silent (in comparison).

My body was much paler, and my muscles seemed to be draining strength, even from being still. I walk further into the base, grabbing a blood pack by a desk. I quickly down it, feeling the small relief before it disappeared. A nurse can over to inspect me. She brought me over to a bed, and peeled on my shirt, wiping down the blood, which had soaked through. I sat there, finding it hard to focus. She did some tests (with my eyes, heart, etc.) before telling me to rest.

I gratefully laid on my back, stretching and resting.... Thinking. Then I felt bad. Bad for the way I treated Evony. I understood - understand - her point, but I was caught in the moment, adrenaline was moving... I was acting like a jerk. And the way I acted with the dragon. It hasn't happened for a while, but something came over me. I was twisted, over confident, dark. I didn't like it.... but I did at the same time!
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:16 pm

"So what exactly do you need me to do?" she asked, looking around and into hthe forset. Evony smelled her father. He had been standing nearby not to long ago.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:35 am

I watch and listen to the sound of flapping wings and shudder slightly.

"They're here..." I say, hiding behind Danny's leg in my six year old form, my crystal clear eyes filling with fake fear.

I shake slightly as the sky flashes and darkens... Not. Good.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:21 am

ooc - are you inside with me Mercy?
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:13 pm

“I’m asking for protection, should they choose to hunt me down. Animal blood will last me the day while I hide out, but it won’t gain me my strength. Make sure I’m not followed, that they don’t leave this City till the next night when the Half Breed can travel – The girl will be with him. I need the head start, and as far as I know, no other Daybreakers are present in this town.” I asked, taking a couple steps in the direction I’d need to travel in, towards the forest to reach the other city.

That City was my real destination. There we had one of the oldest Headquarters, where one of the world’s few Temples existed underground. With the success here, the elders would hopefully grant me what I’ve worked for, for the past century. “Can you keep them from leaving?”
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:46 pm

ooc - yeah danny. i have to be with you, you're my hovering spot for now Smile
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:07 pm

ooc - Okay.

bic - I groan, rubbing my temples, before sitting up. I see the girl, hiding behind me. I stare at her, eyebrow raised. Why was she scarred. "What's your problem?" I ask with a groan, adjusting myself. The base was calm, and with more blood, I would be better. But right now.... I'd like to-...

The Midnight. Would she still be in this area? How far could she have gotten? I quickly stand up, but lean forward a bit, grabbing my side. I think one of my ribs were broken. They would heal if I'd let them, but if she was still here....
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:17 pm

"The Arch Angels..." I mumble, "We've gotta get out of here..." I say swiftly, tugging his hand with a great deal of strength.

I look up as the clouds begin to gather, as if a storm were approaching.

Forget the boy Darcie growls at me, her tangled black wings unfolding.

I shake my head furiously.

Echo? I call out through energy waves and I listen for her.

I'm here. She says, and appears out of my Shadow almost immediatly. I smile back at my twin and nod.

"Nice to see you, Echo." I say sweetly and tug Danny along.

"Who's that?" Echo asks with a small frown and I shrug.

"I'unno... But he's my new hovering spot... And we've gotta get out of here." I say hastily.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:43 pm

Hey, guys, I may not be able to post for a couple days. The protection on my computer apparently expires tonight and needs to be renewed. I haven't a clue when they can get it renewed, but it should be soon hopefully. I will try to get on however I can to post, but if I seem MIA for a bit, you know why.

Sorry guys. Keep me in, and I'll see what I can do.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:37 pm

Capri nods to Kristie and speaks, her accent thickly rolling off her tongue, "Yes, I can. It won't be too hard to convince Daniel to stay here. Plus, under the Captain's orders, he cannot leave."
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:56 pm

The girl tugs me with suprising strength, pulling me in her direction. I was utterly confused, beyond that even. She said something about Arch Angels, but that didn't ring any bells for me. She pulls me along until I stop her.

"Hey, listen up. I'm not sure what's going on... But I'm too tired to be doing this tight now. I have to focus in the Midnights, and to do that I have to rest up for heal. What is it we're even running from?" I asked, annoyed.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:05 pm

"Arch Angels." I say flatly as he stops me and Echo.

Heyyo... They're coming... Caleb says and Darcie looks up as the fluttering of heavy wings fills the sky.

I step back for a moment, "Alright, you are my hovering spot, mister." I say, my voice is rushed, "Which means you keep me and my sister off the radar..."

I suddenly realized he didn't really realize who, or what, we are.

I didn't have time for explaining either. The leader of the Arch Angel's voice booms from the clouds and he lands in front of us.

"Echo... Jinx. You have are you ready to pay for your life time of crime?"

I look at Echo with a small gulp and turn towards the Arch Angel, his white wings are halfway open and he stands tall with a golden glow around him. I quietly observe as the rest of his men come down.

We were screwed.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:00 pm

“Thank you.” I replied to her, still gazing into the forest; acres and acres of forest separating these two cities. In the distance, the peek of a stoned, rocked cliff was clearly shown over even the tallest trees. A cave – Where I would need to rest till the next night. “Maybe an hour of night left, then dawn comes. The Elders are expecting a report, you should come with me, ditch the Daybreakers for a couple hours.” I requested to her kindly, enjoying the thought myself of seeing the Elders after 10 years or so of being out on travels. The moment I finished my sentence, I took off into the thick, dark forest and was out of sight. I ran in the direction of the peek, hoping that there would in fact be a cave there for shelter, and possibly some residents as a meal.
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:08 pm

Evony quickly followed along side Kristie, obviously agreeing to go. As she ran, her hair whipped behind her, small branches lightly brushing her arms.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:18 pm

ooc - CAPRI'S HAIR WHIPS BACK AND FORTH!

bic - "Hovering spot? I don't even know what that means," I say, walking away. Her presence was so random, not making any sense too me. I didn't even know what was going on. Then suddenly, I see... well, I suppose they were Arch Angels. I fully turn around, watching them. Was I housing a criminal? And there wasn't much time for me to stay out! The sun would be coming out soon, and if I didn't leave soon, I might completely miss my chance to catch the Midnights.

I stop to watch the Angels, trying to figure out what was going on.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:26 pm

OOC- Danny... *Shakes head* Silly.

“Excellent” I thought to myself when I heard Evony follow next to me. She could return to them in the morning, and say she was at rest like they would be. Catching up of each others lives would pass time until we slept.

We were possibly half way to stone structure, and the sound of water dripping caught my hear enough to stop me from running. “Hold up.” I said raising one of my hands and listening. The drip came again, this time slightly larger. I found the smell, and inhaled it deeply. “Water possibly a pong, and a deer maybe?” I said, turning to lock onto the direction of the smell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:44 am