Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Brandon
Burn It
Danny
Murdoch
8 posters

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 14 Empty First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Murdoch Sat May 21, 2011 3:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok, I said I was going to post this, and I will. I expect people to join, as many people expressed an interest.

Alright. I will keep this simple. It is the year 5052AD, and mankind has long since extended its reach to the stars and outside its solar system. It has encountered many new sentient races, some hostile, some friendly and some who are just trying to get by. The governments of mankind have banded together under one banner, the "true" UNEM; United Nations of Earth and Mankind. It sits on the grand galactic council alongside representatives from every other race in the galaxy, and ostensibly have Human-kinds best interests at heart. However, politics corrupt everything, and every member in the council has their own agenda, even within the parties. The miniature councils that run the solar systems are just as corrupt, allowing bandits and slavers to operate in many of the outlying systems where the UEP- the Universal Enforcers Patrol- have a very weak presence. Whether this is due to lethargy or corruption on the councillors part depends on the system. There are many different groups outside the councils, be they mercenary groups, terrorist groups, bandits or just wealthy, independent businessmen.

Of course, what do we care about this? You are all simple creatures- humans and aliens alike- who live a simple life, living in a colony on the planet Liberty, located in the Terminus System in the far reaches of the galaxy. News from the rest of the galaxy doesn't reach you, and your biggest worries include the occasional bandit raid or whether next years harvest goes rotten. Humans and aliens alike live together, side by side, reacting to each other based solely on personal virtues rather than racial stereotypes. You are all stuck here, after all, and you grew up here; most of your families have lived here since the colony was founded, or close to it. Liberty is an earth-like planet, albeit with different wildlife and a slightly higher climate, and completely isolated, more or less.
    That is, until a ship from an unknown organisation- it could be military, it could be something else- drops out of hyperspace above the planet, and sends down six soldiers of mixed race in a dropship that lands just outside of the colony limits, near the outlying farms. They have heard rumours of a massive attack being planned by an unknown force, and they have been sent to find out why and to hopefully stop it. What in Gods name is about to happen to the peaceful planet of Liberty?

Ok, now most of you will be farmers or shopkeepers or working in personal security...generally an ordinary person leading an ordinary life. Myself and someone else will be playing the military personnel in charge of the other four who were sent down, and sorry guys, but that role has been reserved. This is simply to keep the story moving.
    You can be human or alien, and I will not give you a list of aliens. It will be up to you to invent them yourselves...just PM me with your ideas and I will review them to see if they are viable to include. Alright?
    If you wish to be one of the four soldiers, you may, but I do not want everyone choosing a soldier, and if you choose to be a "grunt" you will be wearing a red shirt. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedShirt

We start just as the dropship is finding a place to land.

Roles:

Civilians:
    -Danny, farmer, Crystalline
    -Faith, Book Shop owner, Human

Soldiers:
    -Murdoch, Scout Leader, Human
    -Jordan [Eljordo], Human

Other:
    -Brandon (Dragon...symbiote...thing...)

Last edited by Murdoch on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 14 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Eljordo Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:23 pm

So four people should be plenty to keep this alive right?
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully.... - Page 14 Empty Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:58 pm

Should I go ahead and post? People are waiting on me sorta.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:08 am

Four people should be fine. However, I want you to wait until the Friday Evening deadline (and the end of my internet woes which, coincidentally, will be on Friday) to post.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:43 pm

Okie ^^ That'll work! It'll be Saturday before I post most likely though. Fridays there are football games :/ Sorry.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:14 am

Ok. So Faith, Danny and Eljordo are staying. Everybody else? Your characters are deleted.

So, where should we start?
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:53 pm

Well, were on our way back to the ship, and the pirates are almost here
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:31 pm

Not sure.... but I could go ahead and post [tomorrow] where we left off. I kinda of helped this roleplay die a little bit because of where I left off, sorry.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:35 pm

I'm currently returning to the crash site to investigate...
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:39 am

Ok...so, let's say that Danny is back on his way to the ship to investigate, and Jordan, Murdoch and Faith are heading through the town. Danny, Kristie will be rejoining, she just needs a few days. So act like she's gone silent for now, and she'll pipe up when she's here. In a few posts, I'll post the pirates.
    Also, new rule; if you're talking to somebody and they don't answer in four days, you continue without them, and they have to catch up. This is just to keep the story moving. Very Happy
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:44 pm

So are you going to make the new OP?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:04 pm

I say we pick up where we left off. I was waiting on Faith and Jordan by the truck, remember, so maybe go back a couple of pages to get an idea on what I posted, and Danny, you just continue heading towards the crash site where the rest of the crew will meet you. Very Happy
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:12 pm

The two men seemed to grow taller as they surrounded me in front and behind. We walked through the doorway, following Murdoch down a small incline surrounded by nothing but scrap metal. I felt like the Princess of Xealx being protected by her guards. Of course, they were only ding what came natural, even if I didn’t know what exactly they were doing with me in the middle. The male pushes past, having the squeeze between Jordan and the side of the wall. He seems to pop out, lurching forward slightly. He pushes into me as he passes; cursing about something I wasn’t listening to. I felt the sting of something before I looked down, a grunt escaping my lips a I pulled my hand up closer to the light the had been flickering slowly on and off. A small crimson line had been drawn in my skin. I would have to remember to clean it later, but now wasn’t the time to bother with it.

I looked ahead, only seeing the back of Murdoch. Loud Thwacks could be heard and I was forced to assume that it was the old man that had gone by. Murdoch turns as he exits the way the light was peeling in from. I sighed quietly to myself as I looked to the many that were about, about three, but for a scrap yard, that seemed like many.

“Great, more large men”
    I couldn’t help but mutter the words under my breath as I looked t the two soldiers standing beside me. Murdoch tries to greet them, but he doesn’t know the colony very well. These are workers, not socialites, they’re not happy unless they’re working; they were brought up that way. Put them on a planet Cracker to mine Metals in deep space and they’d be the happiest things alive.

“So! Shall we get going so you all can unload with metal for us?”
    I spoke a bit chipper as I looked to all the people around. It wasn’t really anything I didn’t d every day so I turned and walked toward the truck before turning and looking back to the two men that would be riding in the cab with me.

OOC- Please forgive me for any missing 'O's there may be...My keyboard seems to want to not type them out unless I press down super hard. :/
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:33 pm

Last edited by Eljordo on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:19 pm

OOC- Aaaaaand she’s back.

BIC-

There was no arguing with him.. As much as I felt we should split up right now, staying together for a short while until we get close can’t do any real harm. Once we step foot onto the crash site though, we’ll have to split up. There is no other option. Staying together means that any move you make, you’re making for the other person as well. It’s much easier to sneak around if you’re by yourself, not having to worry about what the person behind or in front of you is doing. Plus, it’s almost certain that at least one of us will unfortunately get caught snooping around, and if we don’t.. Well, it’s probably because they let us go. Us both getting caught? That I’ll do everything possible to stop from happening. Lord only knows what the outcome will be should we be seen, and we need to be prepared for the worst.

As I’ve said, I’d prefer it was me over Danny that get caught. Mostly because there’s a chance that Danny can get away with the ‘wandering civilian’ act. He and I know better than to underestimate these people, but I have a strong feeling that they’ll underestimate us. I’m counting on it.

“Alright, we’ll stick together until we get closer. Any ideas on a plan of action once we get there? I haven’t actually gotten that far in my plans.. Just getting there and snooping around. WHAT to snoop for is the question..”
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:58 am

ooc - I'll be up north guys, so I won't be able to post until Monday.

bic - Danny continued to drive towards his farm. He would occasionally look at Kristie and try to figure out what she was thinking, but his stare would never stay for too long. When his eyes were on the road, he noticed a burning streak in the air. His first thoughts where simple. They're meteorites. They'll burn in the atmospher, not a big issue.

Danny slowed as he arrived at his farm. The helpers he did have earlier this morning had already left to see the visitors that crashed. His truck landed gently on ground as it stopped overing. Danny walked around and opened Kristie's door. "Plan? I don't there is one, other than don't get caught," he smiled at her and started to into his farm. "The crash isn't too far from the farm. We'll be there soon."
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:14 am

Sorry guys...just waiting for Jordan to PM me back...he wasn't supposed to mention the pirates yet...
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:10 pm

There, post deleted
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:29 pm

I climbed out and down onto the dirt path, dust kicking out from under my feet as I hit the ground. Danny mentioned where the crash site was, as if I’d no clue.. I knew I was forgetting something. “We’ll figure it out once we get there I guess. I think better under pressure anyways.” I said, not sure if he even heard me clearly or not as he’d already walked a small distance away. Meh, it wasn’t important enough to repeat.

I sped up, quickly catching up to him. I knew it wasn’t horribly important.. But it did feel like Danny had come to my side of the viewpoint concerning our visitors, so maybe he’d get a good laugh over it, eh?

“We should get off the path about 100 feet up, and cut into a small trail that’s enclosed. It’ll give us a cleaner entrance into the site, I took it when I was there earlier, before I told the village they were coming.”
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:59 pm

ooc: Sorry, Jordo...I know I'm being picky, but I do have a specific plan in mind. Very Happy

IC:

The truck drivers give them all dirty looks, but stay otherwise silent. Murdoch's more than a little glad about that; eye-daggers he can handle, but real daggers, he would really rather not...with any luck, they can steer the truck onto the main path, get the parts off, fix the ship and then get back to their ship in orbit with their report before the pirates can get here. If they know the lay of the land, they can start landing soldiers and fortify the town...they would have to let the colonists know what was going on, of course, but hopefully they would be able to stop the pirates from even landing. They may only be one ship, but it's an extremely advanced one, armed to the teeth. They could put up a bloody good fight, at the very least...and they have more ships in the area, if they are required.

He climbs into the drivers seat, and the labourers climb onto the back of the truck silently. Murdoch looks at Jordan and Faith. "Ready?" He asks, smiling slightly, "Remember to buckle your seatbelts..."

----------------------------------

Tarya surveys the clearing once again. Everything is set; The Dwarves are positioned inside the forest at either end of the clearing, and Edward is watching the road from the nearest bend. If anybody approaches, the should know about it, even discounting their life-sign detectors. They're all cloaked, so hopefully the snoopers will find nothing and leave again...but she's not counting on it. But if they think to outsmart a trained and experienced scout team, they have another think coming.
    The radio crackles, and Edwards voice fills her helmet.
    "Ma'am-" Tarya rolls her eyes; he knows she hates being called that, and yet he insists on being formal with her on missions "-I have signs on my suit...they're getting closer. I'll let you know if their course changes."
    "Good. Thank you, Edward...Josh, Brian, you two start your patrol of the surrounding area...if you find anybody lurking, stun them with your Zappers and bring them into the clearing so we can see them."
    Josh and Brian reply with an affirmative, and then the comms link closes. Only thing left to do now is wait...
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:29 pm

OOC- I know Danny said he’d be back Monday, but I want to get something in just because the last time I posted was Thursday.
    Danny, I’m going to set it up so that if you had anything specific you wanted to add to my last post, you still can Smile

BIC-

Before I could let Danny respond, I heard it again:
    “Stop..” I ordered quietly, reaching out my right hand against Danny’s chest so he would stop where he was as I did. For the last little bit, I felt like the footsteps that we’ve been hearing weren’t just our own. A third set of feet that would stop and go, stop and go, as if it was following us, and then stopped to watch before doing so again. At first I just thought it was my own paranoia playing tricks with my mind, so I concentrated on when mine and Danny’s feet hit the ground.. And there was definitely another set. I removed my hand from Danny’s chest and brought it to my mouth, signaling him to keep quiet for the moment. I mouthed without sound ‘I think we are being followed’, then nudged my head backwards and to the left of me, telling him I think it might be coming from over there.

The footsteps I had noticed weren’t very loud or very heavy. If there was truly someone following us and it wasn’t just my imagination, they, or it, were very small or very light weight. ‘What do you want to do?’ I mouthed, and waited to see what Danny thought of it.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:51 pm

Who is following you, Kristie?
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:49 pm

ooc - sorry, I was just waiting for an agreement with Kristie.

bic - Danny and Kristie continued on their way through his farm. For a while Danny was simply walking and listening, rather calm considering the situation they were about to put themselves into. Suddenly Kristie threw her hand out and placed it on his chest, stopping him. She looked around, and Danny started at her confused.

"Followed?" he asked out loud, not even trying to be quiet. Kristie obviously seemed displeased. However, it was his farm, and Danny had a well verse of his animals, especially the particular creature following them. She asked him what they should do, but Danny chuckled and walked over to some of his crops, then, without though, pushed aside the crops revealing the creature. "This guy?" he asked smiling. "He's not a threat, not to us anyway." Danny looked at the creature and started petting him. It made a noise of joy and nudged Danny's hand to be pet.

"They're not native to the planet. I had this guy here imported. He was actually one of my pet back home, and I was thrilled to know he was still alive, so I payed top dollar to get him here."

He pet the creature one more time before walking back to Kristie. "We should continue on, but he could help us later."
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:15 pm

Although I was happy that it wasn’t anything to be threatened by.. It still irritated me how it had been following us at all. Granted, it probably didn’t know what we were doing exactly, but we’re getting closer and closer to the crash site every second, the tension is high and it’s frightening to think something can see you, but you can’t see it.

“He’s a pet? Danny, he’s the size of something that would eat you.” I commented in a tone he could tell I was just teasing. I was annoyed, but I was far from taking it out on the creature. “Should we need to get out in a hurry, they won’t see this one coming. Does he know any calls, signals, anything, that we could use to summon him when needed? Until then he needs to keep his distance and stay hidden.” I spoke quickly because it was a mouthful, and as Danny pointed out, we needed to get moving. The longer we take to get there, the less time we have before the men in the village begin their way back here. I don’t want us to intersect.. Ever again, if possible.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:12 am

Jordan, Faith, waiting for you guys...
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:38 am

ooc- I know! I have the response finnished at home, but I haven't been on my computer at home in weeks.I'm at school right now. I will try to get it up tonight. It's scheduling issues that are coming up, I'm not doing this on purpose, Promise!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:31 pm