Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

4 posters

Steampunk Roleplay (Aki/Danny/Dream Rationality/Jade)

Anonymous

Steampunk Roleplay (Aki/Danny/Dream Rationality/Jade) - Page 3 Empty Steampunk Roleplay (Aki/Danny/Dream Rationality/Jade)

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

anyone interested in doing a1 on 1...trust me I dont normally do these, but ill give it a try, must be a paragraph user...oh, and I allow godmodding to an extent.

Last edited by Akimaru on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Anonymous

Steampunk Roleplay (Aki/Danny/Dream Rationality/Jade) - Page 3 Empty Re: Steampunk Roleplay (Aki/Danny/Dream Rationality/Jade)

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:50 pm

(yeah wolf still has his arm, I thin its gonna be obvious how he loses it Razz and thats cool, ill wait till Danny posts then we will see what happens)
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Steampunk Roleplay (Aki/Danny/Dream Rationality/Jade) - Page 3 Empty Re: Steampunk Roleplay (Aki/Danny/Dream Rationality/Jade)

Post by Danny Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Ooc - Sorry, I've been trying to post, but I don't have many breaks today once classes start.

Bic - Zane sat by the window. The chair he was sitting in was reverse so his legs were spread so he could sit properly. With the back of the chain facing him, Zane used the edge to hold his head as he slumped over starring out the window. He was mostly quiet today. The sky outside had a grey overcast like most days. He sat up to scratch his head and sighed. On the other side of the room, Wolf was tinkering with some blasted comtraption. Zane often walked into his brother, catching him playing with the machines, fiddling with nuts and bolts. It never really interested Zane. Wolf was more of the hands on of the two, Zane liked to sit back an plan, think things through; the theory to Wolf's practice. It wasn't until Zane starting think what Wolf was actually doing that he came over

A hand placed on Zane's right shoulder made him look up and turn to him. He was going to answer, when Wolf asked another question. Zane let out a soft chuckle. Wolf the ambitious one. Fortunately, he could answer them both. "If you'd like to know, I was watching for Nice. We were walking home when she slip away. It's not as if I left her be." Zane's voice was calm and collected. His emotions were rather collected when speaking. "After looking for her a bit, I figured she might come back." Zane stood up and looked at Wolf. "I was thinking though. It's getting dark, maybe I should go out and look for her again. I don't want her to get hurt. She's getting older, but I still don't like her out late, which I'm sure you feel the same way, based off your question." There was a pause between the two of them before Danny chuckled, slapped his shoulder, and grabbed his jacket. "I'll find her brother. We'll be back soon," he said as he walked out the door.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:30 pm

"I wish I had brothers who cared about me as much as yours care about you. All mine worry about are the orders from their higher-ups and all that. They barely have time to recognize that I'm there anymore." Jeffery spoke in a quiet voice as the two of them stood together on the edge of the pier looking down. It was a very peaceful moment for the two of them despite the fact that there were still sailors walking back and forth on the other docks. The sound of a ship's horn filled the air as it passed through the bay heading straight for the open waters of the ocean.
    "Well..if yours cared about you as much as mine care about me, we wouldn't be able to spend time together." The young girl replied in a thoughtful tone while turning her head towards the boy.
    She knew very well that his brothers were in one of the many gangs that plagued the city but she thought nothing of it. So long as he didn't join in on their troublemaking, she didn't care.
    The boy laughed before he nodded his head.
    "That's for sure.."

There was a moment of pause before Nice drew her hands out of her pockets and held one of them out towards her friend. He took a moment to process the motion but once he had, he took hold of her hand.
    "It's getting dark..we should head back before the sailors get off their working hours." She said while turning and beginning down the pier.
    Together they walked as far as the end before they found themselves in the rush of sailors heading towards the bars and brothels. The two young teenagers pushed their way through the crowd until they could continue along the road towards their homes. Jeffrey lived a few minutes further down the road from Nice.
    Only a block or so down the road she glanced up only to spot her brother heading in their direction. She doubted he had seen them yet so she quickly let go of her friend's hand, although she wasn't sure why she did that.
    "There's your brother." He said in a quiet voice while stuffing his hands into the pockets of his pants.

ooc: I know what you mean Danny. I've barely got 10 minutes to walk from one side of campus to the other at least twice on some days.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:41 pm

"hey wait!" Called Wolf as his brother disappeared out of the door. Hurriedly Wolf grabbed his coat and his signature goggles, the pockets of the coat chinked as the 8 metal tubes that lined the pockets touched. He pulled the door open as he swung the coat about his shoulders. He took the stairs two at a time and he caught up with Zane just as he stepped into the street.

"Brother, hey, just wait one second. I'll go this way" He nodded his head in direction of the furthest warehouses "She might be somewhere down by the fisheries, you go and check the piers" He quickly turned, hoping that the clink of metal on metal wasn't too obvious as his coat flapped about him.

Wolf hurried away quickly, hoping to get as much distance between his brother an himself, it wouldn't do to have them following him, not with the task he had to perform. The crowd seemed to part for him, leaving a blank path all the way to his target.

It seemed an age before he reached the side door to his warehouse. Wolf swallowed and crouched, pulling out his set of lockpicks and starting on the locks.

(ooc- do you guys give eachother permission to use eachothers characters for conversations and the like (if it comes to fights whoever they are between can discuss the fight or make it up, as long as its fair))
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Okay, okay, I'll join. I'll somehow find the effort to move this to another section as it's no longer a one-on-one. Still figuring out a few details, but my character won't join until after this beginning "back in time" bit. She isn't related to any of your characters.

As to how and why she comes into play, I'm undecided but am welcome to any ideas!

Name: Kiaki Storm
    Sex: Female
    Height: 5'9
    Hair: Red
    Eyes: Green
    Scars: One across the top of her left earned one that travels the length between her left mid forearm and inner elbow
    Tattoos: Various cogs forming a heart on her right hip
    Distinguishing features: Favours her knee-high boots considerably. Her hair is flaming red, but other than that, you wouldn't look twice at her on the street.
    "Powers": As a side-effect from experimentation, her senses are heightened slightly. For example, she can see and distinguish text and people from further distances than the average human, hear slightly better, and can distinguish people, objects, and places by scent or touch alone more accurately. That being said, her senses aren't overly strong, just slightly improved.
    Steampunk type look:
    Spoiler:
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:34 pm

ooc; I've got an idea that might work with the back story I've come up with as to what happened while my character was taken. Seeing as your character has been experimented on, why not have the both of us come back at the same time?
    Seeing as Nice spent those years being experimented on, how about the two characters broke out together?
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Ooc: Yeah, okay! =) That's a great tie-in
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Zane quickly trotted down the stairs, the sounds of his footsteps echoing through the house. As he opened the door, he heard the sound of Wolf calling behind him. He didn't get more than two steps out the door before Zane felt a slap on his shoulder. He turned around to see what his hurry way. "You okay Wolf?" he chuckled a bit. "Well find her, she can't be that far out and it isn't too dark," he paused to look at the pinkish sky. "But the faster we find her the better we'll feel I suppose," Zane smile. "Thanks Wolf," he added as Wolf ran off towards the warehouses. Before Zane left however, he could heard the sound of metal hitting each other as Wolf moved. Other than a small pause to notice the sound, Zane thought nothing off the fact; it was not unusually for Wolf to have gadgets in his jackets or pockets.

For a while Zane walked up and down paths in the town. Time went by quickly, based off the colour of the sky. About twenty minutes into his search, Zane happened upon Nice and her friend. He didn't realize it at first, but as he got closer to the pair, there was no denying the fact it was her. Zane let out a soft sigh of relief. Thank goodness, he thought to himself. "Where have you been off to Nice?" Zane asked, partly relieved, partly annoyed she got away from him. He turned to Jeffrey with a ting of anger in his eyes. "Jeffrey," he regarded him. Zane didn't really have a problem with Jeffrey, but at his point in time, he wasn't quiet happy with him. "Come on Nice, let's walk home. I'll make you some supper, yeah?" he smiled at her kindly. "You too Jeffrey, you live close enough."
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Nice was relatively pleased to see her big brother even though she knew that he probably wasn't as happy to see her. After all earlier she had managed to slip away from him while he was distracted..not that such a thing was unusual but still, her slipping away usually meant that she was going to get in trouble one way or another. By the look on Zane's face though he was more relieved than he was angry even when he turned his attention towards Jeffery who was still walking by her side.
    "We were down at the piers looking to see if we could spot any real fish today..the water was especially murky though" She replied to his question while the three of them stood together finally at a meeting point.
    At the mention of supper a glint of excitement spread into her eyes. She was, after all, still quite young and her moods could jump from one to another in an instant.
    "Dinner sounds lovely!" She exclaimed happily.

Jeffery regarded Zane with a polite smile and nodded his head almost apologetically when he was addressed. The boy was no fool. He knew when he was out of line and therefore knew when it wasn't very wise to speak out of turn. As such he only spoke when spoken to by the older brother of his friend.
    "Thanks Mr. Walker, that'd be very kind of you." He said while the three of them set off in the direction Zane had come.
    The night was quickly settling down on the city as the darkness overhead went from red to black with nothing but dark grey clouds in the sky, rather than the bright stars most nights left on display. A city as large as the one they were in tended to shroud the sky at night. Perhaps it was the steam from the factories and such but either way, Nice had not seen stars in what felt like years.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:57 pm

"What you need to see fish for?" Zane asked a bit amused. Though he was annoyed at Nice's antics at times, he could never really stay mad at her, and therefore often found himself entertained by the small adventures she chose to go on. He never liked her going on them, but was always happy to hear them. It was an odd way of thinking, but it was simply that. "We don't have much currently, but enough to feed you lot. Come on," he told them as he lead the way, his long jacket trailing behind him. Then he stopped, paused and turned. "Actually Nice, you lead the way. Think I'll keep my eye on you. Running off once is enough for a day." He told her as he backed up behind them until the two were in front. "By the way Jeffrey, call me Zane. I'm not your teacher," he pointed out, slightly satisfied the boy had enough respect for him already.

The walk wasn't as long as it was searching for Nice. The cool night breeze was refreshing Zane found, and he enjoyed the quiet sounds of the town. Occasionally he could heard the sounds of drunken sailors and muffled music coming from bars around the town, but it was peaceful otherwise. By the time they got to the house, the stars were brightly shinning in the sky. Zane opened the door to their smaller house (small compared to others) and noticed the lights off. "Wolf!?" he called out, waiting for a response. "Wolf? I found Nice, you home?" he called out, taking his jacket off and placing it on the rack. Still no answer. Zane turned his attention towards Nice. "You better hope your brother gets home soon, he's out looking for you, you know that?" he said, hoping to put some guilt into her for running off.

Zane walking into the kitchen and turned on the light, opening the fridge to see what was inside. Like he had said earlier, nothing much, but enough to make something for them. Gathering a bunch of vegetables, Zane began to make a stew for them. It was chilly anyway, so hopefully it'd go down nicely.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:11 pm

"Well..you know! Just because! A friend of mine says that he saw a blue fish one day, so I was hoping we'd be able to spot it too! I mean can you believe that? A blue fish..I bet it looks beautiful." Nice rambled on as they walked along the darkening street with little more than their footsteps breaking the silence.
    The evening air was cool but not enough to where the younger girl felt like she needed a coat. It was a pleasant temperature for the short walk they were making home.
    "Oh don't worry about that. Supper sounds a lot more appealing right now." She replied to her brothers words when he told her to take the lead on getting them home. For the rest of the journey she led the way with a skip in her step all the way to the front door. All three followed one another inside.
    Once inside the empty house she glanced up at her brother as he told her that Wolf too had gone looking for her.

"I hope he gets home soon..I'd hate for anything to happen to him." She said in a quiet voice as she looked out of their window that overlooked both the road outside and the hangars across the channel. The light from the moon shone through the clouds just enough to where she could see a bit of the buildings but very little more. What she was mainly looking for was the shadow of her oldest brother coming from either way, up or down the street in front of their home.
    As much as she knew that Wolf was probably just fine she couldn't shake this strange feeling like something was going to go wrong. Which was even more worrying in and of itself seeing as half the time Nice was right whenever she got this feeling in the pit of her stomach. With a sigh she turned her head to look at Jeffrey who was standing quietly next to her. He looked a little bit nervous.
    "What's wrong, Jeff?" She asked curiously.
    "You know that feeling you get when something's wrong?" He asked almost as if he didn't expect her to understand.
    "Yeah..I know exactly what you mean." Nice agreed quietly while turning her gaze back towards the glass. Something was most definitely off about that night.

ooc: I think now would be a nice time for Akimaru to magically appear online. XD
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:18 pm

ooc - I feel like Aki would have much to say right now, so should we wait for him to return then?
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:20 pm

ooc: As much as I hate to say it, I think that'd be best. Smile
    Not to mention that I haven't gotten a full night of sleep in the last two weeks.. Haha
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:26 pm

ooc - well that too. He'll probably be on early in the morning, so I'll check around then. This role play is starting out to be a good one.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:30 pm

ooc: I'll be getting on early as well, so I'll check in then too.
    So far it's going really well but I just can't wait for those years to go by. I think you're going to like what I've come up with for changes in Nice.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:31 pm

ooc - I'm thoroughly excited for it!
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:51 pm

Ooc: I think he might actually be on in a couple of hours. He's in England and wakes up to send me a message at around 10-11 pm my time (so about 5 or 6 am his time)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:44 am

Ooc I wake up that early when I have work, today I had a lie in till 7, it was nice... And anyway, who says Wolf will be coming home -que dramatic music-
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:12 am

The familiar clunk of the final pin falling into place allowed Wolf to let out the breath that he had been holding in. He straightened up and looked to his left and right, the alleyway that he was down was deserted. Darkness was coming on quickly, which was a blessing, if it was dark it was very unlikely that anyone would see him, or even recognize him if he was spotted leaving the vicinity in a hurry.

He had been preparing himself for weeks to complete this task, he had studied crude drawings, listened in on warehouse workers and ever composed his own explosive compound that, during his small tests, had been effective against the steel girders that would make up the 8 separate support beams that held the building in place. He had his plan, 8 charges, 4 placed on the interior walls right by the supports and 4 placed on the central supports, he didn't need to demolish the building, just prove that it was weak, show the gang that he was willing to go through with the plan, no matter the cost.

He took hold of the cold metal handle and twisted it, pushing the door inwards. The smell of fish hit him like a hammer, he gagged slightly and pulled out his mask, on the inside was a small re-breather and air filter, it was small but effective. He took a few small breaths to assure it was working and he heard the slight his as the air was filtered then expelled. It was cold inside the warehouse, and dark, darker than outside.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small half sphere, the back of it was metal, and the half spherical face was clear and on the inside was a thin filament wire. Wolf looked up at one of the steel beams high above him. Flipping the small object in his hand he threw it with all his force at the ceiling. There was a clang that echoed throughout the warehouse and a bright light illuminated a large area. Wolf was pleased with his little magnet light, connecting the magnet to something metallic completed the circuit and the tight filament made a bright light, which he had used many times.

Wolf walked to the furthest support through boxes of fish that stood at least 10 feet high and pulled out the metal tube, carefully he twisted the top arming the fuse and the timer, each one was set to a different time, allowing for time to get out and away from the warehouse.

The silence was eerie, the only sound the echoes of his footsteps off the cold walls and boxes of iced fish. Wolf stopped at a set of metal stairs that led to the gantry that circled the inside of the warehouse, splitting it into a second level, quickly yet quietly Wolf climbed the stairs.

He must have been in the warehouse for at least an hour now, moving from pillar to pillar, planting his bombs. Until finally he was down to his last bomb, he was still up on the gantry and then, the worst happened. The lights in the ware house flared to life, the suddenness of the light blinded Wolf for a few seconds, then the shouts came.

"Hey you!"
    "Scum!"
    "Fucking gang!"
    "H...Hey whats that in his hand!"
    "Shit, get him, it's a fucking bomb!"

The shouts of dockworkers echoed around the huge room "Shit"Wolfs mind raced "Someone tipped them off, they must have...no one should have been here tonight" he panicked, and pulled the last bomb from his jacket twisting the top priming the explosive. He looked below him through the metal grille and saw that the workers, about 12 in total were fanning out throughout the warehouse, some were checking for his explosives and the others were heading towards the bottom of the stairs trying to cut him off.

Wolf sprinted down the stairs 2 or 3 at a time, hitting the floor before his pursuers. He was sprinting towards the door, the workers hot on his heels. It was seconds before he reached the door, stopping briefly to slam his heel into the lock, kicking the door open he spun on his heel and in a split second decision he threw the last bomb at his pursuers.

There was a flash, a blinding point of light that expanded to engulf everything around it. A force as hard as a brick wall hit him full on, it felt as if his entire body was being smashed against a brick wall. He felt his feet leave the ground as the world around him started to go black, he could feel a dull ache up his right hand side but none of his senses seemed to be working and then, as suddenly as the light had appeared, there was nothing.

(Ooc- Dun dun duuuuuuuuun)
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:13 am

The night continued on as though nothing was happening. Everything outside the window was deathly quiet and the only movement was the occasional splash of the waves against the opposite dock wall. There was not a person in sight. The three of them had been home for a little more than half an hour and the youngest sibling of the Walker family had not moved from her place at the window in that whole time. By then Jeffrey had excused himself to see if he could help Zane with anything in the kitchen so the both of them were busy when everything happened. Really it happened in all of two minutes.
    First she saw motion at one of the hangars, what looked like flashlights moving into the building, and she thought nothing of it. However a minute later a door swung open followed by a bright flash the likes of which she had never seen before. So bright she had to shield her eyes with her hand. When she lowered it she was met with the sight of flames shooting out of the now broken windows of the building.

She saw it all even though she really didn't know what she was looking at. At first Nice was too stunned to say or do anything but the moment she got her senses back she turned her head towards the door leading into the kitchen where the other two were busy.
    "Fire! Fire!" She cried in a voice that was both panicked and frightened.
    "Zane, there's a fire in one of the warehouses!" Her voice became even more filled with fear as she watched the flames grow. From the light coming off the flames she could see one or two motionless figures on the ground but nothing more than that.
    Their city was one that had a fire station but still relied on the help of others to put out the fires. With how quickly word spread there were already men running around looking for buckets or whatever they could use to try and control the burning building.

Nice could barely think with the level of adrenaline that was rushing through her. Before she could make a conscious decision her body was already making for the door, which she left open as she pushed it open, and she was outside running down the road so she could get to the fire. She didn't know what she was going to do once she got there but there was no stopping her now.
    Those at the scene were feverishly dumping buckets on the flames but to no avail, the flames were already out of control.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:16 am

ooc - I'm so sorry! I've tried in multiple occasions to post throughout the day, and it hasn't work out so well... Clearly. Sorry about the wait guys.

bic - Zane was standing at the stove, stirring the stew which was half way through. Occasionally he would taste a bit of what he had created only to see what was missing and what needed to be added. Zane didn't mind working in the kitchen, in fact, he was rather good at it. Of course cooking was never really a passion of his, it was a useful skill to have. This wasn't what was bothering Zane however. It was Wolf. It had been a while since he had gone out to search for Nice. By now he should have figured she made her way home, or at least come back to the house to see if there were any updates on the situation. But Zane had not seen Wolf since he ran off in his direction, which started to worry him. It was at that point in time when Zane here a knocking on the kitchen wall. From his gaze out the window, he turned to see Jeffery standing at the edge. He offered to help, so Zane had accepted indifferently, making idle conversation and getting the boy to chop up a few other vegetables. Zane stopped his stirring to speak to Jeffery, though he kept his gaze away from the boy.

"I wanted to thank you Jeffery, for keeping my sisters company. I know Wolf and I don't get to spend as much time with her as we'd like too, so I appreciate the time you spend on her. Nice is very special to Wolf and I and we-" Zane stopped speaking at the vibrations that shook the house. It wasn't large, but it was enough to catch Zane's attention. Seconds later, he heard Nice cry out. "Nice? Nice what's wrong?!" He called out, dropping his wooden spoon in the pot and turning off the stove. As of on cue she spoke, though Zane had a feeling that she was going to say it anyway. "Fire? Wearhouses?!" Zane repeated stunned. Wolf was the first thing on his mind. Zane raced to the front to grab his things to see Nice running out towards the fire. "Nice! NICE!" Zane called out to her and he fumbled with his shoes and cursed under his breath. "Time to go home Jeffery!" Zane shouted as he ran after Nice, calling out to her as they both sprinted towards the fire.

It was only down the street from the blaze that Zane had grabbed Nice's shoulder. Though the girl was small, she was quick and nimble on her feet. The head start didn't help either. "What the hell are you doing?!" Zane snapped at Nice, spinning her around to face his eyes. "Are you insane?! You see a bloody blaze and your first is to go and run to it?! It's not safe out here Nice. Head home, and I will help the town put out the fire." He told her, trying to sound convincing, but there was annoyance and anger in his voice (which didn't happen very often). "Go!" Zane snapped at her again and motioned for her to go back towards the house. Honestly, Zane would have left too if he didn't know his brother was here and for some stranger gut feeling, Zane felt like Wolf was responsible. "Wolf..." He said to himself as he ran to the fire.
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:32 am

The number of people working together to put out the raging fire had grown in the time it took for the young girl to almost reach the end of the road. There were screams and shouts coming from those present, many of whom were lining up to form a chain for the buckets of water to be passed along. The whining sound of the firehouse siren filled the air as they left their station in order to rush to the scene of the warehouse fire. It didn't look like there was going to be much to save though. The flames were billowing out of the broken windows and the entire structure was beginning to show signs of collapsing in on itself from the intense heat. Whatever had caused the fire it had been enough to weaken the frame.
    All these things made Nice worry even more, especially seeing as she knew Wolf was supposedly still out looking for her. Although she never once suspected that he would be directly responsible for the fire, she did think that he would be at the scene trying to help with its extinction.

She would have gone all the way to the scene if it weren't for the sudden grasp on her shoulder that stopped her before she could make the turn. When she turned her head to look over her shoulder she saw Zane looking down at her with an almost annoyed look on his face. It was an expression not often seen on his face and therefore it shocked her out of her stunned state.
    Up until now she had been so focused on getting to the fire she hadn't even heard him calling her name as he tried to catch up.
    As much as the girl wanted to object to her brother's orders there was something in his tone that prevented her from doing just that. So she nodded her head slightly and watched as he continued on towards the burning warehouse.

Nice turned and began back towards the house with her gaze locked on the bright flaming structure. That bad feeling from earlier was even more prominent than before to the point of almost being sickening. Like an ache in the very pit of her stomach. The appetite she felt earlier was all but gone now and for good reason.
    When she got back to the house she found that it was empty. Jeffrey had probably run home to tell his brothers about the fire so that they could lend a hand as well. The silence was deafening as she climbed the flight of stairs that led to her small room in the attic. Although Wolf was the main tinkerer in the family, his knowledge of mechanics was almost matched by hers. This could be seen by the little bits and pieces of metal that were scattered around the room. Half-finished little projects lay on her worktable and the only place free of mess was the bed she slept on every night.
    Nice climbed into bed, still clothed, and curled into a ball under her sheets. The light from the fire on the opposite side of the channel illuminated her entire room meaning she wasn't going to get any sleep any time soon.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:08 am

After sending Nice home, Zane had run towards the warehouse, the heat of the flames already felt on his face. Zane was suddenly glad he didn't have time to grab his jacket before rushing out. Though he was happy Nice was safe, the situation that Wolf was surly in was far, far, more unsettling and disturbing. The loud sounds of people screaming, sirens blasting, and the flames roaring were almost too much for Zane to handle as his only concern right now was trying to find Wolf. He ran to the enterence of the warehouse where flames were billowing out. He used his forearm to cover his face from the bright light and shouted.

"Wolf!" he screamed into the flames. "Wolf are you in there? Wolf!" he continued to shout but heard no response back. Not that he was really expecting too, but Zane's hope was strong. Then it went from bad to worse.

An second explosion from the side of the building kept the fire raging. Being so close to the warehouse, Zane was knocked back off his feet, but that was about it. No injuries inflicted. As he rose to his knees to try again, a fireman grab Zane's shoulder and yelled at him to leave the area. "My brother might be in there!" he shouted back, but the fireman pulled Zane back as others came to fight off the fire where Zane had been standing. "Let me go!" Zane shouted, struggling to break free from the fireman's grip. Eventually Zane was about to break free before they really got to far away. He ran back towards the building, the fireman yelling after him, but no words entering his head.

Since it was impossible for Zane to enter through the front entrance without getting burnt, he tried going around the building, possible where the loading docks for the warehouse where, or a side entrance. But as Zane ran and the heat from the fire hit his face, even when not directly by it, hope was loosing from his fast. "Wolf!" he cried out again, continuing to run. As he was about to give up and stop running around like an idiot, he noticed something by the loading docks (something he had just past). It was a motionless figure and black from the light off the flames. Zane stopped, unable to decide if he was brave enough to move forward. But how could he not?

Zane ran towards the figure, and as he got closer realized the worst. There was Wolf, laying in a pool of his own blood by a raging fire. Zane dropped to his knees despite there being blood. "Help!" Zane shouted, tears in his eyes. "Someone please help! Anyone! HELP!" He shouted, the sight of his brother broken and possibly dead had tears running down Zane's face. Wolf's right arm was completely gone, not even by his body. Zane broke down as he heard the footsteps of people rushing towards the pair.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:41 pm

The world was quiet and completely black. His whole body felt crushed, nothing would move, none of his body parts would respond but he could still feel. He felt warm, thick liquid running down his right hand side and he felt the same sensation on his neck. The last few seconds he was replaying over and over in his mind. The dockworkers, his run...the explosion.

He tried to open his eyes and he felt a thin crust of something crack over his eyelids. Pain shot through his body, from his head to the tip of his toes, it felt as if his whole body were on fire. The pain died quickly and went back to being a dull ache that permeated his entire being.

Slowly he continued to open his eyes, he was in hell. It must be hell, there was fire, people running, their mouths open in wordless shouts of screams, he couldn't tell. He rolled his eyes up to he smokey black sky and saw Zane, his little brother kneeling over him.

Wold tried to raise his right arm to touch his brother but nothing happened, there was no feeling, absolutely nothing. Wolf used all his effort to roll his head to one side. Then he started screaming.

His right arm was completely gone, all that was left was a growing pool of blood. The tattered stump on his shoulder was charred, the skin had melted away and the bone was a blackened shard, splintered into jagged edges. His brain had finally made the connection and the pain hit him like a freight train.

His whole body jerked and his back arched to almost inhuman levels as he screamed a loud, high pitched scream of terror, pain and loss. It only lasted a couple of seconds until his body gave out and he fell back unconscious, the burnt skin splitting and giving way to fresh blood that pooled around him.

Last edited by Akimaru on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dream Rationally
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Jeffrey

Jeffrey made his way home as quickly as he possibly could. Although he had the feeling that his brothers were probably already aware of the fire, he felt that he needed to make sure of it. Judging by the bright light he could see against the walls of the buildings he didn't even need to look at the fire to know that it was burning out of control. The people there were going to need as much help as they could possibly get in order to put it out or at the very least keep it from spreading to the neighboring warehouses.
    When he got to his family's small house he found his brothers both sitting in their own corners of the living room. Neither seemed aware of what was going on outside.
    "Dave! Brian! What are you guys doing?" He demanded as he stood at the door panting for breath from the short sprint home.
    They both looked up at him curiously.
    "What's going on Jeffrey? You seem a little upset.." His eldest brother Dave said while glancing up from the paper he had been reading.

"Are you two blind? There's a fire at one of the warehouses! Just across the waterway!" Jeffrey cried and motioned towards the door where the light was now shining through the doorway. Both brothers stood up to investigate and went wide-eyed at the sight just down the channel.
    "So the rumors were right.." Brian whispered quietly to Dave who nodded his head. The two of them ducked back into the house and began to pull on their coats in silence. Neither seemed particularly hurried, despite the looks of concern on their faces.
    Brian headed straight through the door towards the fire while Dave moved to place his hand on Jeffrey's shoulder.
    "Stay here, alright kid? Leave this up to us." He said with a comforting smile before it faded away slowly. A small sigh passed the older sibling's lips and he crouched down so he could be eye-level with his little brother.
    "Whatever happens..remember that everything we do is to protect you." He said this almost out of the blue. Jeffrey was confused but before he could ask, Dave was out the door running to join Brian.
    Whatever his brother meant with his words..Jeffrey didn't want to think about it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:04 am