Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

5 posters

Tierra- State of Civil War.

Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Tierra- State of Civil War. Empty Tierra- State of Civil War.

Post by Howl City Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:25 pm

Imagine that you are no longer on planet Earth but a different one in a farther galaxy, billions of light-years away. The planet is called Cielle, and is much like the Earth. From the environment, the technology to lifestyles, the majority of it is same. However, there is one major difference between the people of Cielle and the people of Earth and that is: superpowers. The people of Cielle have succeeded in using magic and superpowers since centuries ago and have made good use of them to propel their advancements further. Their superpowers are split into several different categories and they are also placed in different districts of a continent named Tierra, those with similar abilities grouped together.

Note: Of all the abilities listed below in each district, you can only choose one! You can also create your own ability as long as the ability suits the characteristics of the territory with an ok from me.

Territory 1, Vera: Vera is the capital of Tierra. The residents of Vera possess purely psychic or psychokinetic abilities. The abilities vary to a certain degree like any other districts but in Vera, almost each ability is unique. Some common examples of their abilities are psychokinesis, telepathy, dowsing, psychometry, astral projection ( Able to project his/her own body into a ghostly image that can attack people from any distance away while the physical body remains elsewhere. The image however can only travel on foot and has the same strength as the projecter’s physical body. There are other kinds of abilities as well as the Verans are unique in their gifts. The city is one of the most hi-tech districts of the continent.
    People: Randy(me)

Territory 2, Gerande: Gerand is the most undeveloped, natural district of all. Gerande is also one of the two territories which houses the Elementalists who possess powers that are purely physical and elemental. Some can only control the elements that exist in nature while others can create and control at the same time the elements. Gerande houses the earth, water and ice users. Technology is more scarce here and residents rely on their abilities more here.

Territory 3, Tempest: Tempest is the other elemental district and houses fire, lightning and wind users. Volcanoes are easily found in this region but the fire controllers are able to stop it’s eruption if plenty in number. Earthquakes are also often in Tempest and some of the residents have been blaming Gerande, the second territory for this. They believe the Earth controllers are causing these earthquakes on purpose and the two districts now hate each other for this conflict. Modern technologies exist in this region and the houses are also well-built for earthquakes and other natural disasters.
    People: Eljordo

Territory 4, Altara: Altara is the smallest territory and is entirely a prison for all those who commit crime. Therefore, it houses those who have commited crimes. When they enter, their abilities are taken away by a chip that restricts their abilities. Once the chip is implanted for over a month, it is removed because whoever the chip belonged to, their ability is completely erased. However, they have trained and trained to regain their abilities. Finally, the chip’s effect began to wear off but instead of getting back their original abilities, they gained super-strength, speed and reflexes up to the point where they can lift cars, run up to 50km/h and can catch 10 tennis balls being thrown at them at once. They want nothing but the destruction of Vera, the capital.

Territory 5, Phos: Phos is famous for its powerhouses, able to power the entirety of Tierra. The residents of Phos possesses one of these three abilities: Light-control, shadow control or technopathy ( machine control). They provide the electricity of all the districts and is very strict. Most work at the powerhouses. The application process is hard and long however and you can get easily fired. Without the little money from working in the powerhouses, you would starve to death. The people of Phos has had enough and hopes to revolt against Vera as well.
    People: Gwendoline Forne

Territory 6, Pithon: Pithon houses those individuals who have the ability of shapeshifting. The Pithoneans usually can turn into animals that are commonly found on earth but other rare examples of creatures they can turn into are: Dragons, drakons, sphinxes, phoenix, white tigers, and certain others. Pithoneans hate living in such a compact space of Pithon and also want to take over other territories.
    People: May

Territory 7, Magna: Magna was the first territory to be discovered and the original capital of Tierra. However, they were stripped of power when the Verans savagely destroyed their homes and everything that meant to them. Now back in full power, they mean to destroy Vera. The people of primo have power over metals, being able to bend it and move it or liquefy it with just their minds.

As you can tell, Vera isn’t very good as a leader. In fact, the only thing they want is an extravagant life and all the other territories aren’t too fond of Vera. It is only a matter of time before the fall of Vera but the real question is who will emerge as a leader and take over the role of Vera? Districts will fight and many unholy alliances will form. Will Vera fall or make alliances and live to see another day? Which district will win?. You decide. The war will officially start at about post 100 and all hell will be loose. Let’s see how this goes.

Last edited by Howl City on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Tierra- State of Civil War. Empty Re: Tierra- State of Civil War.

Post by Howl City Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:35 pm

Name: Randy Madden
    Sexuality: Straight
    Eyes: Hazel, greenish around the edges
    Skin: Lightly tanned
    Hair: Really light brown, semi-curly
    Height: 6'
    Territory: 1st, Vera
    Ability: Psychokinesis( Moves objects and shoot out energy blasts)
    Background: A bit spoiled from the riches of Vera and often cocky, but as he hears of the talk of revolution, he joins the army and quickly rises to a rank of Sergeant. Sees Vera as the righteous capital and can't wait to destroy the other districts.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:34 am

Name: Gallus Martieus
    Sexuality: straight
    Eyes: blue
    Skin: white, slightly tanned
    Hair: Short Brown
    Height: 6"2
    Territory: Tempest
    Ability: Fire user. Gallus specializes in offensive fire attacks
    Background: Gallus was raised in a normal family (normal for Tempest) but when he was young he started to show talents in firebending. Like all fire sensitive children he was taken to the training academy near Tempest's volcano. All fire sensitive children are tought at a young age to use their abilities, and then at the age of 18 may chose to either join the army or teach students in the academy. Gallus was a very powerfull fire user, top of his class threw his training. When he turned 18 he could even best most instructors. He chose to join the army, and due to his firebending and general combat skills, he was given his own regiment to command at the age of 23. His regiment, the 403 Tempest, are a fighting force to be feared.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:52 am

Commander Gallus Martieus was weary. He had heard talk of rebellion against the other states, he knew Vera would not sit by with such talk. It was only a matter of time before Vera would attempt to crush all of the states, Including Tempest. Furthermore, there has been great tension between Tempest and Gerande, Gallus knew they could not win a war on two fronts. It was bad enough those damn earth benders were causing earthquakes across Tempest, we do not need Vera sending in troops. We already commit thousands of our Firebenders to keep the volcano from blowing. Gallus put on his bulky armor, his large chestplate, shoulderpads and his helmet with his horsehaised crest on the top and full facemask. After this he slipped on his command sash, a symbol of authority among his people. After prepping his custom built M-56 machine gun he left his tent to adress his troops.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Gallus stood infront of his men to adress them on the situation.

""men and women of the 403rd, the high lords of Tempest have informed me we may march on the state of Gerande." many soldiers began to speak in anger at the very mention of Gerande.

"Soon we will show those earthbending bastards a thing or two! I have devised a plan in case of a full frontal assault. Our wind benders will scatter their troops, our lighning benders will provide cover for our army and our fire benders will move in to pick off the stragglers. There is no doubt in my mind they will use their earthbending skills to try and stop us, we must target them early. Nothing their ice benders can do our fire can not counter. We will prevail threw our superior steel and valor! We will wipe Gerande from the face of Tierra!"

The croud roared in approval
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Welcome, Eli! Very Happy
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:49 pm

hello Howl Smile
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:51 pm

The word of the revolution had been hard on many of us Verans but for me it was like the legalization of crime. How dare did those other territories even give treason a thought? We will soon crush those with our superior technology and power. I clenched my fists and punched the wall of my office with them, swearing I would wipe out those elementalists.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:07 pm

Gallus could not sleep. All he could see when he closed his eyes was his homeland being trampled to dust by the Verans. Every man, woman and child that called themselves Tempests would either die or become slaves. It was all because Gallus failed to protect the ones he loved. Gallus vowed to himself that as long as he drew breath Tempest would remain untouched by forien invaders.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:15 pm

Once in the council meeting, Randy proposed his ideas.
    "Gerande and Tempest house perhaps the strongest of all territories. The elementalists combined will easily break through the Veran defences. The other territories can easily be taken down once we have control over the elementalist territories." Taking a deep breath, I started to speak again.
    "According to reliable sources, Tempest is to launch an attack on Gerande soon enough. Once they nearly destroy each other, we will join the fight and conquer Tempest while the main forces of Tempest are still at Gerande. Once we eliminate the Tempest defences, we will launch an attack immediately after on the soldiers of Tempest in Gerande." The other Generals and lieutenants did not argue or suggest any other theories. It was clear that Tempest was in for h.ell.
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:21 am

Is it too late for me to join? I'm crossing my fingers on this one.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:11 pm

go ahead, join ! Smile
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Name: Gwendoline Forne
    Eyes: Dark brown, nearly black
    Skin: Pale
    Hair: Black, long and straight. It comes down to her lower back, often tied up in a pony tail or in braid coils.
    Height: 5'9"
    Territory: Phos
    Ability: Shadow control. It's a bit more complicated then control of darkness, because shadows are different. They move. They are tied to objects. She's still trying to figure out the complexities of it.
    Background: Phos is primitive and dark. Her family is darker then most- her father being the territorial leader in charge of all military forces and in-territory law. She grew up watching soldiers trained and visiting the wounded. While her family was dark, she would be considered as normal as she could be- bringing flowers to the soldiers that she could, carrying around a teddybear with her. She isn't evil, she's just as caring as anyone else might be and she hates it when people judge her by where she comes from. Her father doesn't think she's ready to fight, even though by Phos Law she is old enough to join his army, and he won't let her. She is instead forced to stay with her Mother and younger brother, Bram, in his fortress in the center of Phos.
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:12 pm

Bram crept into my room during the night, holding the toy bear that I had given him when I felt that I had outgrown it. He was only ten, but already father was training him to be a soldier, and disliked the bear. I sighed as I heard him, and rolled over to look at him across the dimly lit chamber. I had fallen asleep with my candles on past curfew... father would undoubtably reprimand me for it in the morning.

"What, Bram?" I whispered, looking at his face. His eyes were puffy and he was sniffing a lot. Obviously, he had just been crying.

"Dad has been talking about alliances again. He says he wants to arrange a meeting with the commander from Tempest."

He was too young to know that this meant war against the capital. What was he so upset about?

"And?" I asked, trying to make my voice soothing.

"Doesn't that mean the Tempest men are coming?" Ah, now I knew. We had warred Tempest before, and the fortress had been under siege. Bram had only been four or five, and he had been terrified. We had had to wait in the basement shelter.

"Yes, but they won't make us wait in the shelter like the last time," I assured him, beckoning for him to come over and sit next to me. I sat up and brushed my plaited hair over my shoulder. "Last time, they were angry with Daddy. Now Daddy wants them to be friends."

Nodding, sated but still on his toes, Bram sat down next to me. "Gwenny..." he yawned, curling into my side like a cat. "Can I sleep here tonight?"

I sighed and nodded, blowing out the candle.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:24 pm

The crowd flooded out of the room and the soldiers immediately went back to their stations, gathering their weapons and armor. Every Veran soldier now had to be ready every second of the day. The moment Tempest launched an attack, we would launch an attack on Tempest.

I stormed out of the building to get a breath of fresh air. I unsheathed my knife, three feet of sharp iron, ready to strike down anything in its path. As a Sergeant myself, I had somewhat of an authority in the army. What I didn't explain in the council a few momoents ago was that I was about to head out to Tempest to get the war started. I smiled at the water bottle attached to my tool belt and headed towards the gate of Vera. Tempest was in for h.ell.
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:41 pm

When I woke, Bram was gone and I could smell the hot breakfast on my tray. I ate it slowly, savoring the berries that were just in the peak of their season, and placed the empty dishes in the dumb waiter for the staff to take. I drew a bath, plaiting my hair up and pinning it to my head, waiting for the water to heat and pour into the tub. When it had, I took my bath and toweled off before getting dressed in a red dress that made me look significantly paler.

As I walked downstairs, I was met with the sounds of my mother and father arguing. "What do you mean I have to take Bram with me? He worships the ground you walk on- I could take Gwendoline-" That was my mother.

"No. Bram is too young for this, and I'm giving Gwendoline her request and allowing her to join the ranks at the end of this month. She stays."

I could've jumped for joy, but where were Mother and Bram going? I listened further.

"I can't just be expected to leave you-"

"Maria, your mother's house is safe. The meeting with Gallus from Tempest could go poorly, and get violent. Go now. The maids have packed your things. I'm off to tell Bram in my office. Oversee matters."

I could hear him walking away, the clack of his shoes against the stone fading under my mothers gasping sobs.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:47 pm

Name: Makayla Baida (May)
    Eyes: Bright, icy blue, grey when ticked off
    Skin: Pale
    Hair: Chocolate brown loose curls to waist with varying blue hue streaks throughout
    Height: 4'10
    Territory: Pithon
    Ability: Shapeshifting into many MANY animals
    Background: A secretive person with a mysterious aura, May doesn't have allegiance to any one place, even though she is originally from Pithon. She travels and has heard talk of the war but has been keeping a low profile. She happens to be quite the skilled assassin.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:52 pm

By the time I arrived at the gates of Tempest, I was pretty worn but I hadn't used my ability recently so my power was pumped. Without much procedure, the guards let me pass by. The people of Tempest weren't exactly known for being smart.

I concentrated on finding a lone stranger on the streets. See, I had a plan. A plan so bright that it would immediately cause a war between the elementalist territories.

I finally found a drunk man in his 40's who was drinking silently in a dark alley. He noticed me immediately and pointed with his fiery at me.

"I'm not in a good mood, lad. You better scram before I..." The man failed to finish his sentence. I let a blast of both psychic and physical energy shoot towards his heart. With a flesh-tearing rip, he fell unconscious, blood spilling from a hole where his heart used to be. Then, I poured the contents of my water bottle, icy cold water around his body.

This way, the people who found this man's body would think an ice-bender of Gerande was responsible for this. I rubbed my hands with excitement and quickly strode towards the gate.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:25 pm

May had sat comfortably under a tree just outside of Vera’s gates, eating a well prepared (though not fully payed for) sandwich in the cool shade of the tree. With half of her sandwich gone she had prepared to wrap it and continue on into the city but then the little squirrel had come… and she couldn’t resist. After feeding the last remnants of her meal to the squirrel and other little animals that had come along she stood up and stretched her muscles, shooing the critters back into the forest as she shielded her eye from the glare of the sun looking at the gates of Vera.

“I guess it’s time for me to get moving.” She whispered to herself as she slung her pack with her only belongings onto her back and carefully walked down the hill, wanting to be able to walk gracefully into the city.

Her timing, it seemed, was impeccable. Those that usually stood guard were changing shifts and, it seemed, had left the gate unattended for a few minutes. With not so much as a glance back, May walked onto the street and looked around with a sense of wonder but also a bit of disgust. Wonder at such technology and advances.

Disgust at the very same thing.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:39 pm

I was stopped by the guards of the gate of Tempest as I rushed outside

"Sir, a death has been reported a few minutes ago and it seems that a member of Gerande has done it. Are you a ice-user?" The guard at the left asked me.

"Um, no, I am a member of Vera." I demonstrated my ability by lifting a stone from the ground with just my mind.

"I see, you may pass then." The other guard told me. Perfect, they were after Gerande already! I spared no time to go back to Vera and quickly rushed.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Walking along the streets was an experience all on its own. Having lived in such a small town, and then having lived out in the wild for a while longer the city was almost… not almost, but very overwhelming. She kept on bumping into strangers and was jostled and given rude stares.

“Watch where you’re going.” A gruff old man grumbled as he turned into a nearby bar. Bringing her pack closer to her chest, she hugged it and stumbled to the side of the street and against a shop’s wall, looking at the world with slitted eyes, paranoid now.

“Eh lady, need help?” May glanced down and by her feet was an old man with a bearded but kind face. May bent over to be able to hear him closer and he smiled.

“I can tell you’re not from around these parts. Just don’t look any of them mean men in the eyes and find a place to hole up for a while and you’ll be fine. But there’s a war starting stranger, and you’d best get out before things get ugly.” With a small nod and smile, no words, she dropped a few coins in the beggar’s basket and looked out onto the street once more, her eyes now looking for shelter.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:49 am

Gallus moved accross the bridge into the great temple. The high lords of Tempest have requested to see him. This was hardly suprising, Gallus was viewd by most as the greatest commander Tempest had ever seen, and with talk of rebellion and the oncomming war with Gerande, it was shocking they did not request him earlier. the high lords of Tempest were the highest form of government in tempest. They are made up of the seven most diplomatically decorated individuals Tempest had to offer. The lower their number, the more authority they possess. the order is as follows; 1st lord Horus, 2nd lord Maya, 3rd lord Jovaina, 4th lord Narikk, 5th lord Talos, 6th lord Gain and 7th lord Typhos. The govenor of Tempest made all of the laws, but the high lords could declare martial law in times of war. Gallus entered the chamber to adress the high lords. Gallus awaited the lords to speak first, for it was curtosy that you should not adress a high lord unless spoken too first.

"Commander, we have grave news. Last night, a Gerande ice bender infiltrated our walls, and murdered one of our civillians." Jovaina stated. This was bad, though talk of war with Gerande was likley, now it was set in the stone.

"i shall begin the troops training as soon as possible my lords. Every soldier form the 403rd shall fight like 10 soldiers of Gerande."

"We did not call you here merely to confirm the war with Gerande, we have far more pressing matters to attend too." Talos adressed.

"You are refering to the rebellion against Vera." Gallus replied.

"Indeed we are commander." Horus commented.

"We have recieved word from the govenor of Phos, they are planning on forging an alliance with us." Narikk stated.

"Phos? Phos was perfectly willing to wage war with us merely a few years ago, now they want an alliance?" Gallus commented. gallus lead his 403 regiment to war against Phos, the war only ended after Tempest forces burst threw the gates of Phos and the govenor surendered. Gallus in particular was not fond of Phos.

"Gallus, we may have had our dissagreements in the past, but we face a common enemy. We must at least hear them out. They have requested you as our emissary." Horus said. Gallus did not like this news, last time he visited Phos he was breaking down the gate, not forming an alliance.

"But why not send the govenor? Surley he has more authority than I." Gallus replied.

"You are our most decorated and must trusted commander. In such sensative millitary matters, we have all agreed that you are the more fitting choice rather than Govenor Tarkin." Maya said. Gallus hesitated for a moment.

"But I... Yes my lords." Gallus replied.

"Then it is decided. Commander Gallus Martieus shall leave for Phos on the morrow. This meeting is adjurned." Horus said.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:27 am

Gallus slipped on his armor again, he hated how heavy it was. The armor was a solid 80 pounds, made from solid steel. He had his custom M-56 machine gun in one hand and his steel powersword in the next. His sword crackled with lightning, it brightened the area around him. He approached his Hammerhead armored transport, a squad of 8 soldiers waited for him there. All of the soldiers wore their standard armor and were equiped with M-56 machine guns. they all had their own symbols on their shoulder pieces so you could tell what element they could controll. there were three fire benders, two lightning benders and three wind benders. at the head of this squadron was a firmilliar face. Leutenant Alistair, Gallus's 2nd in command of the 403 Tempest. Alistair was a lighning bender, and un like his fellow soldiers he prefers not to wear his helmet. He says he dislikes how it blocks your vison. As Gallus approached all of the soldiers stood to attention and saluted the man.

"We seem quite armed for a mission of peace dont you think so Alistair?" Gallus asked.

"Not at all sir, were simply comming along as your personal bodyguard just incase this 'meeting' gets a little hairy" Alistair replied.

"Alistair, you know i can look after myself. Besides with you and I both in Phos who is going to train the men?"

"I have Leutenant Thaddeus working on the new recruits"

"Knowing Thaddeus the recruits will be dead before they ever see combat." Gallus remarked.

"Please sir, I insist. If you were to perish in Phos the war effort would shatter. If they do decide to pull a gun on you they will be dead before they hit the ground." Alistair replied.

"oh very well, but i still think you could train the recruits better than Thaddeus" Gallus said.

"No doubt sir, but I can also watch your back better than Thaddeus" Alistair remarked.

"Indeed. Let us be off to Phos then. Move out"

Gallus, Alistair and the other soldiers pilled into the hammerhead transport. It would be a good two days before they could reach Phos.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:34 am

Occ: I found these pics of devian art.

This is sort of what i would think a Tempest soldier would look like: Tierra- State of Civil War. Soldie11

and as for the hammerhead transport: Tierra- State of Civil War. Apc_by10
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:31 am

Mother and Bram left for my Grandparent's house in Outer Phos on Wednesday. I gave Bram a hug goodbye, watched them go. My father stood on the balcony with me as their carriage trundled off to the west.

"They're not coming back, Gwendoline."

And there was nothing for me to say but, "I know." Because I did. There was no way he'd send them out just for a meeting with a military general. He knew that the war was getting dicey. Having an old woman and a child to protect as well as his country would become too risky.

"I'm going to ask you to commence training on Saturday. Gallus of Tempest will be coming to meet with us and I'd like you to sit in on the meeting on Friday. Wear the dress uniform I have sent to your chambres. I'll have a man sent in to cut your hair." With that, he turned and left.

Training on Saturday. Meeting with a military leader on Friday. Hair cut. All the women of the Phos army were not aloud to have any hair longer then their shoulder blades, and mine was well past. They would have to cut it.

I went to sleep that night without quite as much hair but with much more promise in my future then I had ever expected. I would fight. I would win.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:23 am