Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

5 posters

Tierra- State of Civil War.

Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Tierra- State of Civil War. - Page 3 Empty Tierra- State of Civil War.

Post by Howl City Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Imagine that you are no longer on planet Earth but a different one in a farther galaxy, billions of light-years away. The planet is called Cielle, and is much like the Earth. From the environment, the technology to lifestyles, the majority of it is same. However, there is one major difference between the people of Cielle and the people of Earth and that is: superpowers. The people of Cielle have succeeded in using magic and superpowers since centuries ago and have made good use of them to propel their advancements further. Their superpowers are split into several different categories and they are also placed in different districts of a continent named Tierra, those with similar abilities grouped together.

Note: Of all the abilities listed below in each district, you can only choose one! You can also create your own ability as long as the ability suits the characteristics of the territory with an ok from me.

Territory 1, Vera: Vera is the capital of Tierra. The residents of Vera possess purely psychic or psychokinetic abilities. The abilities vary to a certain degree like any other districts but in Vera, almost each ability is unique. Some common examples of their abilities are psychokinesis, telepathy, dowsing, psychometry, astral projection ( Able to project his/her own body into a ghostly image that can attack people from any distance away while the physical body remains elsewhere. The image however can only travel on foot and has the same strength as the projecter’s physical body. There are other kinds of abilities as well as the Verans are unique in their gifts. The city is one of the most hi-tech districts of the continent.
    People: Randy(me)

Territory 2, Gerande: Gerand is the most undeveloped, natural district of all. Gerande is also one of the two territories which houses the Elementalists who possess powers that are purely physical and elemental. Some can only control the elements that exist in nature while others can create and control at the same time the elements. Gerande houses the earth, water and ice users. Technology is more scarce here and residents rely on their abilities more here.

Territory 3, Tempest: Tempest is the other elemental district and houses fire, lightning and wind users. Volcanoes are easily found in this region but the fire controllers are able to stop it’s eruption if plenty in number. Earthquakes are also often in Tempest and some of the residents have been blaming Gerande, the second territory for this. They believe the Earth controllers are causing these earthquakes on purpose and the two districts now hate each other for this conflict. Modern technologies exist in this region and the houses are also well-built for earthquakes and other natural disasters.
    People: Eljordo

Territory 4, Altara: Altara is the smallest territory and is entirely a prison for all those who commit crime. Therefore, it houses those who have commited crimes. When they enter, their abilities are taken away by a chip that restricts their abilities. Once the chip is implanted for over a month, it is removed because whoever the chip belonged to, their ability is completely erased. However, they have trained and trained to regain their abilities. Finally, the chip’s effect began to wear off but instead of getting back their original abilities, they gained super-strength, speed and reflexes up to the point where they can lift cars, run up to 50km/h and can catch 10 tennis balls being thrown at them at once. They want nothing but the destruction of Vera, the capital.

Territory 5, Phos: Phos is famous for its powerhouses, able to power the entirety of Tierra. The residents of Phos possesses one of these three abilities: Light-control, shadow control or technopathy ( machine control). They provide the electricity of all the districts and is very strict. Most work at the powerhouses. The application process is hard and long however and you can get easily fired. Without the little money from working in the powerhouses, you would starve to death. The people of Phos has had enough and hopes to revolt against Vera as well.
    People: Gwendoline Forne

Territory 6, Pithon: Pithon houses those individuals who have the ability of shapeshifting. The Pithoneans usually can turn into animals that are commonly found on earth but other rare examples of creatures they can turn into are: Dragons, drakons, sphinxes, phoenix, white tigers, and certain others. Pithoneans hate living in such a compact space of Pithon and also want to take over other territories.
    People: May

Territory 7, Magna: Magna was the first territory to be discovered and the original capital of Tierra. However, they were stripped of power when the Verans savagely destroyed their homes and everything that meant to them. Now back in full power, they mean to destroy Vera. The people of primo have power over metals, being able to bend it and move it or liquefy it with just their minds.

As you can tell, Vera isn’t very good as a leader. In fact, the only thing they want is an extravagant life and all the other territories aren’t too fond of Vera. It is only a matter of time before the fall of Vera but the real question is who will emerge as a leader and take over the role of Vera? Districts will fight and many unholy alliances will form. Will Vera fall or make alliances and live to see another day? Which district will win?. You decide. The war will officially start at about post 100 and all hell will be loose. Let’s see how this goes.

Last edited by Howl City on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Tierra- State of Civil War. - Page 3 Empty Re: Tierra- State of Civil War.

Post by Gwendoline Forne Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:22 pm

I stood, brushing off my thighs only to find that it hurt. A lot. Wincing, I stumbled down the steps. I heard the snickers and the whispers- I wasn't dumb or deaf- but I tried not to let them bother me.

I looked around for a shadow to use. It was late afternoon, so there were a lot of them. I ended up choosing a big, meaty foot soldier that looked as if his brain was about the size of a peanut and pointed my finger at his shadow. I smiled at him wanly- he was about to fall unconscious. I snapped my wrist towards the dummies, and his shadow was wrenched from underneath him. With a grunt, he was out, and his shadow was swirling around a dummy in the distance.

The dummy convulsed, and then collapsed into nothing. The shadow, job done, returned to its owner, who blinked away with no harm done in seconds.

"Objects generally work better, but those are the side effects of using an organism's shadow. The bigger the shadow the more powerful, et cetera." I looked around, and by the look on most of their faces, most of them had never heard of shadow bending. Or maybe even Phos.

"It doesn't work at certain parts of the day. And shadows aren't darkness. Shadows have an object to return to, and so they aren't good for long term tasks like darkness is. And it takes a lot of energy from me to do even that. But I think I can get better..." About half of this was for the troops, explaining something that was obviously new to him. The other half was for Gallus. Because now that he had smashed my face into the dirt, I wanted to prove him wrong, so badly.

I would fight. I would stand.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:32 pm

"Now you see Initiates, that is shadow bending. I have seen this ample times while fighting the Phosians, and were going to see a hell of a lot more of It now that they are our allies, so get used to it maggots!" All of the Initiates shouted 'Yes sir'.

"Now all of you, take a run! Gwendoline, High lord Horus has requested your presence, I dont know why but we shant keep him waiting. follow me to the command tent"
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:46 pm

I nodded and hobbled after him, trodding through the thin layer of snow towards the commander's tent. Why on Earth he was in a tent in this freezing weather was beyond me, but rulers were always seeming to be increasingly eccentric.

"Sir, if I may ask a question. Sir." I asked feebly, looking up at him as we walked, arms beginning to shake with cold.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Gallus just looked at her for a moment

"Ask the question Initiate"
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:56 pm

"It is out of line for me to ask, sir, but if I may: Why are soldiers not taught about other element bending as early as possible, as to be able to detect and defeat it more often, rather then being left to figure it out? The Phosian army has a purely academic level of training before any physical contact as to prepare troops mentally for war and its weapons."

I blinked up at him, snow landing all around me, in my hair, on my shoulders. I could even see some in my eye lashes.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:09 pm

"The warriors absalute most valueable asset is the abillity to adapt. knowledge can be an asset or a hinderance. If I were to istruct my men about shadowbending and we went to war with your people again, we would already know what to expect. If we know what to expect we also stake everything on what we expect, so if the enemy tries somthing new we dont know what to do. That is how I train the 403rd, to adapt rather than to know. Take your right for example; You already knew what I was capable of, thus you were expecting me to flatten you, a girl with no training, in seconds. This scared you, fear causes hesitation. you did good, but if I was your enemy you would be dead instead of bruised. Blind optimism is sometimes better than just optimism"
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:17 pm

I nodded slowly, trying to understand. "So... what your saying is that the more I know, the weaker I am, and the weaker I am the more likely it is that I'll lose a battle, and that knowledge is both an asset and a hinderance." I stored the information for later but I wasn't quite sure on whether or not I agreed with him.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:22 pm

"Knowledge does not make you weaker Initiate, but it can make you overconfident. Overconfidence will lead to your destruction. When my men fought over your gate seven years ago, your soldiers were almost certain our Fire benders would try to smash it down, but when we used our wind bemders to launch a small squad of our soldiers over the wall to open the gate from the inside, your soldiers did not know what to do. When you think you know it all, anything new will confuse you."
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:38 pm

I nodded, and looked up. We were right in front of a large, heavy tent, guarded from the outside by a few men. Hesitant, I waited for him to tell me whether I should go in or not. It was becoming a problem- I was just listening to authority now without struggling, but I didn't want to end up with any more injuries then necessary.

It turned out not to be an issue. A guard came out of the flap and told us that the "High Lord would see us now" and gestured for us to come inside.

The high lord turned out to be a balding, plumb man whose physical stature didn't exactly project a feeling of power. It didn't have to. The gentleman's eyes were so full of wisdom and they demanded such respect that it was difficult not to give it. I bowed, in Phosian custom, without thinking. Flushed, I stuttered to begin to explain myself, but he bowed right back, a twinkle in his eye.

"Gallus, Gwendoline, take a seat." He gestured to the seats in front of his large, wooden desk.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:03 pm

"Lord Horus, you requested our presence"

"Indeed, I see young Gwendoline had finished her right smoothly. That is good, Gallus must see potential in you. the recruits that he does not usually end up hospitalized much longer."

"You didnt call us in just to exchange pleasantries i presume"

"of coarse not, It is about the upcomming war with Gerande. Tell me Gwendoline, what do you know of Gerande?"
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:14 am

"Well," I said slowly, hesitating to share the vast amount of history that I had learned from my tutors growing up, so I toned it down a little bit. "It's fairly undeveloped compared to the rest of us. It doesn't use guns or aircars. Most of the people there have just pure elemental powers that affect others physically. The basic elements are the building blocks of their civilization- earth, air, fire, water- and some of their churches have even gone so far as to declare all other elements or subelements insufficient and illegitimate." I sat back in my chair, wondering why he had asked.

He was in charge of a powerful, large territory. He knew about Gerande already, why had he asked me? The only logical answer was that he needed to test me. Test me for what?

Last edited by Gwendoline Forne on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : random extra paragraph)
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:04 am

"So I see your tutors have tought you well, but I did not call you over to just test your wits, I also have news" Gallus knew it was about Gerande, but why request the girl.

"Your fathers Phosian soldiers are on their way, we have all agreed we want your opinion on what we do with these soldiers"
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:00 pm

"Well," I said, slowly using my fingers to draw the map on his desk closer to me, pondering quietly. "These walls are going to be strong, so we're going to need more soldiers then per usual here. If I were to place the extra soldiers, I'd put the archers in back, and then the footsoldiers in front for the heavy work. Then I'd put the left over soldiers in the skyplanes, and have them over the wall. The gunmen could stay out of it until we actually storm into the city, at which point they'd help from the inside." I pushed the map back away.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:20 pm

Gallus pondered her strategy for a moment. Suprisingly solid, but there were problems.

"Thats a start.." Gallus brought the map closer to him.

"But the troops that scale the wall would get slaughtered, Gerande has very powerfull earth benders. My suggestion is this my lord; before we engage we must take out the more powerfull earthbenders. The majority of the Gerande forces will be ice and water, but the few earthbenders are very powerfull, able to shake armies even. Before we attack these earth bastards must be isolated somehow."

"What do you think Gwendoline? You know your fathers forces better than either of us"
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:51 am

"Well, my nation's soldiers are mostly darkness benders, with a few intermittent shadow benders. Our choices are this: We storm the walls during the day and send in the shadow benders, who take earth bender shadows and jar them. It would leave them in a comatose state easy for taking, and the city would be less threatening without them, and then it would be easy to take the city. Once we have the city, we have Gerande. Or, we could attack during the night, which provides us with unlimited ammunition and our army's skill, as opposed to just physical work. It would be easy to break the walls with darkness, I should imagine they would be down within two or three hours."

I glanced up at Gallus, who didn't seem to have any emotions but anger and... this. This studying, this calculating, this interested man, considering his options and void of any anger at all. I took the opportunity to study his face when it wasn't tense with yelling.

It was a nice face, but the images of him beating me up, sneering at me, they ruined it.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:25 am

Gallus thought out all of his options. As much as he couldn't believe it, Gwendoline came up with a good plan.

"It would be most wise to strike at night, that way the shadow benders can wreak havoc apon Gerand before we even fire a single bullet."

Gallus noticed her studying him for a moment, he just ignored it and faced Horus.

"This plan will surfice, you two are dismissed"

Gallus bowed to the high lord then left the tent. As they were walking Gallus turned to face Gwendoline.

"Now it is my turn to ask the question"

Ooc: Ha ha OP, its been Gwendoline and I for like, four pages lol! Start posting again Razz
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:56 pm

I turned to him quietly, and looked up at him. "Yes?" I asked, eyebrows raising. I think it might have been the first time that he had spoken to me without shouting, or acknowledged my ability to refuse him something.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:45 pm

"Where did you learn to strategize like that? Did your father teach you? I find it hard to believe you could think up a plan like that with no prior preparation" Gallus said calmly.
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:28 pm

I flushed, partially with cold. Here was that not-angry voice again. "I used to listen to my father's strategy class. I remember telling you that there's a year's worth of pre-education in the Phos military system- I would sit in back ever since I was a little girl."
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:38 pm

"So the generals daughter learns millitary strategy at a young age, she stands toe to toe like a true warrior and can speak for her father in a meeting of great importance, and land the deal. I would lie if I said I wasnt impressed." Gallus managed a faint grin.

"The rest of the day is yours, I expect to see you at the arena at 7am tomorrow to continue your training."

Gallus turned and walked away.
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:41 pm

"Wait!" I called, and paused at my boldness. "I didn't... you make it sound like it's a lot. I'm just... living. I don't know. I learned from a young age because I was curious, and that meeting with my father... I knew what I wanted to say, was all. I'm not... impressive." And with that, I turned on my heel and ran for the spartan quarters that I had been issued, hair streaming behind me in a glossy sheet, snow falling from the sky and blurring my vision, confusing my mind.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:47 pm

Gallus pondered her words. This reminded him of himself, growing up in the temple. He never strove for greatness, he was just trying to live his life. His talents and virtues just came natural to him. He would need to have a talk with her later, to put her mind at ease. We cannot afford distractions with two wars approaching..
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:51 am

When I woke the next morning with the sheets tangled around my legs, the clock flashing sickly green on the wall told me that I had fifteen minutes to get ready and go down to the arena.

I swore loudly, and scrambled to strip out of my military issue pajamas and into my jumpsuit, braiding my hair to sit on top of my head as I jogged out of the room and out the arena, making it there just as Gallus blew a loud, obnoxious whistle.
    Eljordo
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:32 am

"Get in line maggots! Today's ordeal will have you crawl under this low barbed wire. It stretches almost a mile long. It will be muddy, it will be cold, and best of all, Alistair here will be firing LIVE rounds above the wire. You lift your head too high, you will probably get shot! You will have to be void of fear, or you will not make it"

A recruit steped forward

" yo.....your going t...to shoot at us? Sir most of us just finished our right!"

Gallus glared at the man fiercely

" What do you think war would be like maggot?! Do you think the Verans would take mercy on you because your new? Your going first!"

Gallus grabbed him by the collar and threw him under the wire, Alistair began shooting above the wire.

"The rest of you behind him now!"

Dozens of Initiates poured under the wire and followed him. Gallus saw Gwendoline in the corner of his vision.

"Gwendoline! Under the wire go go go!"
    Gwendoline Forne
    Gwendoline Forne

Post by Gwendoline Forne Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:51 pm

She glared at him, wishing that she could remind him that he had just bruised several of her ribs, broke her nose, and gave her two black eyes, but she grit her teeth and dove under the wire, wary of keeping her head down.

It seemed to go on forever. Wet, cold, soggy. After a while she wasn't even afraid that she would get shot, she was worried that her skinny little legs wouldn't carry her all the way. Forget breakfast this morning, she had only just woken up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:44 am